PDA

View Full Version : D Williams Turkish team makes an offer to Bryant.

truplayer199
07-22-2011, 03:52 PM
I know there was a thread about this before, but i'm not sure if it is still open. If the thread is still open, then feel free to merge the two.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/sports/basketball/turkish-club-makes-offer-to-kobe-bryant.html

"The Turkish basketball club Besiktas has made an offer to Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant to play for its team during the N.B.A. lockout and is awaiting an answer from Bryant’s agent, Besiktas Coach Ergin Ataman said Friday."

Bruno
07-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Interesting.

The article referred to Kobe as being 33 years old. He's still only 32! Get it right! :laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
07-22-2011, 05:00 PM
:drool: Kobe and DWill in the back court.

Avenged
07-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Maybe Kobe can recruit Deron to play w/ the Lakers :D

Bruno
07-22-2011, 05:46 PM
^ Yes please.

Get it done Mitch :laugh2:

fpmd99
07-22-2011, 07:16 PM
I think it's unwise for Kobe to be playing in Turkey. If his overall goal is to get as many NBA championship as possible (or at least to surpass MJ), then any other activities that does not contribute to that goal should be avoided? For him, if he can rest that knee and rest his body during the lock out period, it could be one of the best thing to happen to him to lengthen his career. Now if he goes to Turkey - he puts more wear and tear on his joints. How does this contribute to his end goal? Do you guys agree?

dodgerfan87
07-22-2011, 07:49 PM
NOT A GOOD IDEA! Don't play in Turkey Kobe!! You're going to bust up your knee more!

Saad
07-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Kobe isn't an idiot guys.. neither is this Turkish team.. Hes gonna get paid to sit on the bench while the Turkish team gets more publicity because they have KOBE BRYANT and Deron Williams playing for them. Kobe wont play more than 8-10 minutes a game. GUARANTEED. He's not dumb. Hes doing this for the money and just to keep himself "warmed up". In the end its all about the money :)

LakersMaster24
07-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Kobe isn't an idiot guys.. neither is this Turkish team.. Hes gonna get paid to sit on the bench while the Turkish team gets more publicity because they have KOBE BRYANT and Deron Williams playing for them. Kobe wont play more than 8-10 minutes a game. GUARANTEED. He's not dumb. Hes doing this for the money and just to keep himself "warmed up". In the end its all about the money :)

I like the way you think sir ;) (Including your choice of a sig)

Kobe shouldnt and wont play the usual minutes he plays in the NBA. The most he will play will be around 20min a game. Its done for publicity. Oh, and also, is Iverson still playing in that team?

lakers4sho
07-22-2011, 08:29 PM
I thought the negotiations were shot down because Kobe demanded lots of dinero, obviously more than what Besiktas was willing to offer?

fpmd99
07-22-2011, 09:01 PM

I respectfully disagree about the statement that he's doing it for the money. What was the most recent contract? Something like 3 years for 100 mil? (give or take a few mil). I'm worried that he's NOT doing it for the money... that he's truly doing it for the love of the game and competition. In any other circumstance, it would probably be admired. But with the mileage on his body, I think it's extra wear and tear that he should not take on.

Tree Rollins
07-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Good. I hope Kobe and Deron fall in love with each other and Deron demands to play for LA next season.

LosDoyers1
07-24-2011, 02:47 AM
Good. I hope Kobe and Deron fall in love with each other and Deron demands to play for LA next season.

:dance:

If only we're guaranteed this happens, I let Kobe play in Turkey. Otherwise, why risk injury and more wear and tear on your body?

LakersMaster24
07-24-2011, 04:28 AM
Deron + Kobe + Pau.....OMFG.

lakersfan01
07-24-2011, 02:39 PM
I thought Kobe can't practice with the Lakers, but he can put miles on his knees for a team in Turkey? hahahahahahahahahahahaha this is the Kobe Bryant we know and "love".

lakersfan01
07-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Deron + Kobe + Pau.....OMFG.

Deron + Kobe + Andrew.

I'll save the OMFG for Paula when he goes limp in the playoffs and keeps fumbling the ball away with his string bean arms whenever they try to feed her.

fpmd99
07-25-2011, 01:40 AM
I thought Kobe can't practice with the Lakers, but he can put miles on his knees for a team in Turkey? hahahahahahahahahahahaha this is the Kobe Bryant we know and "love".

Agreed.