PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Off Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

ccg34
06-26-2011, 03:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=6699864

"3. Seattle Seahawks: General manager John Schneider and coach Pete Carroll could go on a spending spree. They have $39 million of cap room and a payroll of $83 million. To meet the NFL payroll floor, the Seahawks would have to spend $37 million. They need a veteran left guard, so that leaves plenty of room to go for Raiders left guard Robert Gallery. They offered Matt Hasselbeck $7 million in a one-year deal. They could easily afford to bring him back and then make deals at other positions to upgrade their roster." (quoted from article)

This is great news. We will have a shot at signing a big time free agent like Sydney Rice or Nnamdi Asomugha. :clap:

Cheflhale
06-26-2011, 05:26 PM
It is great news but I have a feeling that they would rather try and fill multiple gaps in the team rather then blowing their load on a few star players.

Sportsnut88
06-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Gallery should be priority number one. Nnamdi's a nice idea but there's gonna be plenty of other teams going hard after him. Let's stick to upgrading the lines as best we can. That's where most of the money should go towards.

O.L. - Gallery, Clabo, Gaither, Brown, Bushrod, Nicks, Mankins, Joseph, Dahl, Kalil

WR - Rice, Jackson, Holmes, Edwards, Plax, T.O.

T.E. - Miller

D.L. - Kiwanuka, Johnson, Edwards, Babin

L.B. - Tulloch, Greenway

C.B. - Asomugha, Joseph, Cromartie

Safety - Weddle, Harper, Mikell, Landry

furmat60
06-26-2011, 09:14 PM
My top 3 would be Gallery, Asomugha, and Weddle.

Blazerfan88
06-26-2011, 11:34 PM
My top 3 would be Gallery, Asomugha, and Weddle.

Yah Buddy. I was thinking the same thing

FWBrodie
06-27-2011, 01:28 AM
Sidney Rice and D-lineman.

Sportsnut88
06-27-2011, 04:05 AM
Sidney Rice and D-lineman.

I would second that, add in Gallery too. Tulloch might not be a bad idea either, then we could deal Lofa for 2nd-3rd.

FWBrodie
06-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Good luck convincing Pete Carroll to give up Lofa.

furmat60
06-27-2011, 04:51 AM
Good luck convincing Pete Carroll to give up Lofa.

Why would we want to give up Lofa anyways?

FWBrodie
06-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Why would we want to give up Lofa anyways?

Injuries, inability to shed blockers?

Lofa's value reaches far beyond the play you see with your eyes. Just listen to other defensive players talk about him and you know he makes everyone around him better. Really any complaints about Lofa are probably rooted with his declining health, although he did play 16 games last year.

furmat60
06-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Injuries, inability to shed blockers?

Lofa's value reaches far beyond the play you see with your eyes. Just listen to other defensive players talk about him and you know he makes everyone around him better. Really any complaints about Lofa are probably rooted with his declining health, although he did play 16 games last year.

I completely agree with you. That's why I asked why we would want to get rid of him. His knowledge of the position is way up there. Maybe he'll be healthier this season.

shen
06-27-2011, 04:40 PM
I think new salary cap rules hurt us rather then help us. I mean now all those teams that prefer low salary and all that will have to spend the money which means more legit options for players.

furmat60
06-27-2011, 08:08 PM
I think new salary cap rules hurt us rather then help us. I mean now all those teams that prefer low salary and all that will have to spend the money which means more legit options for players.

Your logic doesn't make sense at all.

shen
06-27-2011, 09:51 PM
How does it not?

There are tons of teams that normally would not go after the big money FA's that will now.

drew_ellis_23
06-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Your logic doesn't make sense at all.

With the new rules there is also a minimum cap so teams with low pay rolls will have to spend money. So more options for players, and that will drive up prices.

furmat60
06-28-2011, 01:08 AM
With the new rules there is also a minimum cap so teams with low pay rolls will have to spend money. So more options for players, and that will drive up prices.

They'll probably try and keep key players with the money that they need to spend. Sorry, it does make sense though. I just read your comment wrong at the time. My apologies.

Sportsnut88
06-28-2011, 03:43 AM
As far as F.A. goes, who specifically should we target at the key areas. Gallery's the name most associated with the O.L. which makes sense. If we're trying to match similar personnel & players with coaches, then why not go after Sidney Rice (WR), & Ray Edwards (DE) since both played under Bevell. As far as WR's go, my assumption is we need a guy that can stretch the open & force the defenders to cover deep, can a guy of Rice's caliber do just that. Another possibility (& a good one at that) is V-Jax, give him the kind of $$$$ he's looking for, he's got pro-bowl/all-pro potential. Or possibly one of the N.Y.J. WR's (Holmes or Edwards), but like I said can all these guys do what we're asking or are they more possession type guys (who'er easier to find). Here's what I'd be looking at if I were Schneider.

CB - Joseph ; Cincy

DE - Edwards ; Minny

LB - Tulloch ; Tennessee

OL - Gallery ; Oakland

TE - Miller ; Oakland

WR - Rice ; Minny OR V-Jax ; S.D.

All should be reasonably priced (with the possible exception of V-Jax). That's my list, whats yours?

shen
06-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Talk is picking up about Seahawks making a run at Namdi. Though honestly I think he would make most impact with the Bucs. Who are now being forced to spend money they had no intent of spending. I really hope a deal gets done soon so we can have some real player news.

FWBrodie
06-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Link?

shen
06-28-2011, 05:21 PM
I keep seeing it pop up on ESPN. Honestly all I am seeing is the title of the rumor central article. I don't know what it says beyond Seahawks trying to snag him. However it does keep popping up lately more and more.

shen
06-28-2011, 05:32 PM
SPN's John Clayton thinks Nnamdi Asomugha's age and his steep price tag will likely keep the Seahawks from pursuing the All-Pro cornerback, though he didn't rule out the possibility.

Asomugha, who turns 30 next month, reportedly made $28.5 million in the first two years of a three-year deal he signed with the Raiders before the 2009 season. The final year of that deal was voided when Asomugha failed to reach certain incentives last season, meaning the All-Pro cornerback will be among the league's most prized free agents once a new labor deal is reached.

"I just get the feeling that they (the Seahawks) wouldn't pay the $12-13 million a year but that could be wrong. They can pay (that much)," Clayton said Thursday. "I think the one concern would be this team wants to get younger and wants to get younger as fast as possible, and bringing in a (30)-year-old corner is not going to get the team younger. It will make it better, because now what it does is it sets up a great three-cornerback set (with Asomugha, Marcus Trufant and Walter Thurmond)."

Asomugha made 19 tackles and had no interceptions last season. Those are underwhelming totals until you consider how much opposing teams avoided throwing his way. According to STATS LLC, Asomugha was targeted on 33 pass attempts last season and allowed 13 completions for 205 yards and no touchdowns.

"Once you put him on the field, the other side of the field now gets all the work because you just don't throw on Nnamdi," Clayton said.

The Seahawks selected two cornerbacks in April's draft, Richard Sherman of Stanford in the fifth round and Byron Maxwell of Clemson in the sixth. But with Kelly Jennings not expected to return, they'll still have an immediate need at the position.

Clayton thinks Asomugha's 6-foot-2 inch, 210-pound frame fits what Seahawks coach Pete Carroll likes in a cornerback -- and could allow Asomugha to also play safety later in his career, a la Charles Woodson of the Packers.

Clayton listed the Eagles, Texans, Redskins and 49ers as other potential suitors for Asomugha.

Pulled this off of mynorthwest.com i tend to think our team will pay the money for him. I mean he is worth every penny. However if we got him I am not sure I want Trufant as another corner. I think overall it helps an extreme amount. I mean like article pointed out he literally shuts down his part the field. Which forces QB's to focus entirely on other side. Get Namdi and good pass rush should equal huge year for Earl with interceptions.

FWBrodie
06-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Skill players in their 30's just aren't usually that wise of an investment. I wouldn't rule it out though.

shen
06-28-2011, 06:36 PM
I pointed out few months ago that people of his skill can still be elite for another 5 years at least. Given his size, natural skill, and work ethic he would be a no brainier for any team.

House
06-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Just like Shen said, if Aso came to SEA, I think Trufant is gone. I think Aso will end up somewhere else and Maxwell will be the surprise push for Trufant at CB.

I am trying to find the article that I just read saying Browner might play SS. Has anyone seen that?

furmat60
06-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Just like Shen said, if Aso came to SEA, I think Trufant is gone. I think Aso will end up somewhere else and Maxwell will be the surprise push for Trufant at CB.

I am trying to find the article that I just read saying Browner might play SS. Has anyone seen that?

I haven't seen that article yet, but I'd like to find it. That'd be sick if he played SS!

FWBrodie
06-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Legree is supposed to get a shot at SS too.

House
06-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Legree is supposed to get a shot at SS too.

I'd like the idea of LeGree playing SS...

I've heard a few rumors LeGree could play Nickel Safety in our "Bandit" package. IMO, Earl Thomas is our ONLY lock in the secondary. They have talked about Trufant possibly being bumped. I think Thurmond will be our #2 CB, Sherman will take some time to develop (rightfully so) and Maxwell will get ST snaps.

RCB: Trufant/Sherman
LCB: Browner/Thurmond/Maxwell
FS: Thomas/LeGree
SS: Chancellor/Browner/LeGree

ccg34
06-30-2011, 07:55 AM

I would keep Tru only if he restructured his contract. Asomoguha and a healthy Trufant would be nasty.

FWBrodie
06-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah, the idea of giving up on Truf hurts. I hate it. Dude was a freak athlete coming out of WSU, I'd like to think he could get back fit and be the same old Trufant again.

seahawks509
07-05-2011, 02:54 AM
I think the less pressure of not being the best CB and not having to do it all would help. But then you got to remember that they won't through to Asa. There gonna target Tru which may hurt him. Maybe have ET help with coverage and Double Team with Tru?

Captain Planet
07-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Yeah, the idea of giving up on Truf hurts. I hate it. Dude was a freak athlete coming out of WSU, I'd like to think he could get back fit and be the same old Trufant again.

stayin Tru to ur WSU roots I digg...GO DAWGS! ;)

shen
07-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I think the less pressure of not being the best CB and not having to do it all would help. But then you got to remember that they won't through to Asa. There gonna target Tru which may hurt him. Maybe have ET help with coverage and Double Team with Tru?

I brought up that it could hurt Tru for that very reason. If QB's throw everything Tru's way that could get ugly as we have seen how quick refs are to slap him with pass interference and the such. More targets means more wear and tear, means more eyes on him, lots of things that could result in bad year.

House
07-05-2011, 12:56 PM
I figured I'd pass along the news to my extended family... Mark William Housman was born at 0918 PST this morning. He came 5 weeks early, but everything is looking good so far!

Captain Planet
07-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Congrats man, Best wishes

furmat60
07-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Congrats!

shen
07-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Congrats!

House
07-05-2011, 11:30 PM
4lbs and fighting!!! He'll be hospitalized for the next 3 weeks, but I know he'll push through. Thanks guys

furmat60
07-06-2011, 12:16 AM
http://espn.go.com/espys/?ov=bestplay#!/voting/

Get to voting!

FWBrodie
07-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Already voted.

There's a poll for best OL of the 2000's, Walter Jones vs. Jonathon Ogden and Ogden is inexcusably winning. BS. Go vote on that too.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82098b6c/printable/ol2k-jones-ogden-stand-out-in-era-of-impressive-linemen

furmat60
07-06-2011, 12:41 AM
^ That's complete ********. Not on my watch!

shen
07-06-2011, 02:39 AM
WHAT! How does Ogden get over 50% the vote? Should be Walter no issue.

Boozerguy47
07-06-2011, 03:01 AM
^ East coast bias... It's that simple. What a joke.

seahawks509
07-06-2011, 01:35 PM
In my mind Walter Jones is arguably the best OT to ever play the agme. Possibly even best Offesnive Lineman. BS

House
07-06-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm not gonna say Ogden wasn't a good, but that poll is trash!

Seattle4Ever
07-06-2011, 04:24 PM
I just have that mental image burned in my head of Trufant just getting ran by and resorting to a PI. He's gotten slower, and it seems like he leaves every game with a concussion.

House
07-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Mark had the oxygen tube (straight into his lungs) removed today. He is doing better than expected! The DRs still think 3 weeks is a good time table before we can get him home. He's been alive for 35 hrs and my wife or I still haven't been able to hold him. All for the best though...

redzone59
07-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Congrats brother!! Im sorry to hear about his health. He is part of the 12 man so he his strong! My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family. Im a Dad myself and its the best thing I have ever done!

ztilzer31
07-08-2011, 02:02 PM
I'd like to grab a good guard or CB in free agency. Grabbing Rice would be STUPID. Never pay big bucks for a WR or RB. Its too easy to fill that void in the draft.

House
07-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I'd like to grab a good guard or CB in free agency. Grabbing Rice would be STUPID. Never pay big bucks for a WR or RB. Its too easy to fill that void in the draft.

I agree. I was previously hoping we would grab Rice, but with the injury and BIG contract, I don't see it paying off... Kris Durham will surprise! PRINT THAT!!!

FWBrodie
07-08-2011, 02:52 PM

Right because the Seahawks have been able to pull that off maybe once ever (Galloway). Strongly disagree.

House
07-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Congrats brother!! Im sorry to hear about his health. He is part of the 12 man so he his strong! My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family. Im a Dad myself and its the best thing I have ever done!

Thank you for the kind words. My wife was able to come home yesterday. She was even able to hold him. He's doing well eating and adjusting to life outside. He should be home in the next 3 weeks, maybe sooner if he can keep his weight up.

We have 2 other children and being a father is the BEST accomplishment of my life!

shen
07-08-2011, 03:41 PM
just because we drastically blow at drafting WR's does not mean it is as hard as our record indicates.

seahawks509
07-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Well not if you have Crabtree, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, or A.J. Green in the draft.

Brodie I have a question for you. Of those 4: 1) who do is the best/most NFL ready WR comming out of college. 2) Who would you want on your team? Obviosuly 2 of them have NFL experience, and 2 don't. But comming out of college who do you like. Hell I'll even add Blackman to that category.

FWBrodie
07-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Green
Jones
Crabtree
Bryant

Attitude is a big factor.

House
07-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Green
Jones
Crabtree
Bryant

I think 1 & 2 is a toss-up, 3 & 4 is exactly the way I'd put it. DAMN... We could've drafted Hakeem Nicks

Captain Planet
07-10-2011, 03:54 AM
I think 1 & 2 is a toss-up, 3 & 4 is exactly the way I'd put it. DAMN... We could've drafted Hakeem Nicks

lol but we got Aaron Curry

House
07-10-2011, 10:45 AM
lol but we got Aaron Curry

I know... I'm not mad at Curry, it's just crazy to see all the people go after him and knowing he was the "safest" pick.

seahawks509
07-11-2011, 04:55 AM
Green
Jones
Crabtree
Bryant

Really Crabtree that low? I remember them saying he was the best WR prospect in years.

Caribou Lou
07-12-2011, 12:07 AM
I like...

Jones
Crabtree
Green
Bryant

shen
07-12-2011, 01:39 AM
I got:

Green
Bryant
Jones
Crabtree

Of them all I have never seen a WR make such a big difference for a team as Green did in college. He could end up the next Andre Johnson.

I think Bryant can hurt opposing teams so many ways and is just a physical phenom. I think character issues might hold him back but we will have to wait and see.

Jones reminds me of Ward, just that physical not going to be pushed around mentality. I do have some concerns about his health but Falcons are not gonna let him take too many chances.

Crabtree I have yet to hear anything positive about from moment he started his rookie holdout to a month ago when players on his team questioned how good a team mate he is. He obviously has skill but I just think he will never be what people were looking for when he was drafted.

Captain Planet
07-12-2011, 01:53 AM
I know... I'm not mad at Curry, it's just crazy to see all the people go after him and knowing he was the "safest" pick.
lol I was being sarcastic, I like Curry, but he plays like a solid 2nd Round pick not a 4th overall

House
07-12-2011, 02:18 AM
lol I was being sarcastic, I like Curry, but he plays like a solid 2nd Round pick not a 4th overall

I know... It's just CRAZY they used the word "SAFEST" at #4. He's definitely got some growing to do and hopefully its NOW!

Captain Planet
07-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I for sure thought he was the best pick for us. I still dont believe Sanchez would have been better. Plus I hate all things USC. I was hoping for BJ Raji, or Crabtree that year. I am not overly impress with the 09 top ten anyways. Curry is still young, and in a system that is still learning how to use him. Plus 2 coaching changes in 2 years, Mora and Caroll. Not much time to get set in a system where they can use you to your max potential. my view is STOP DROPPING CURRY INTO COVERAGE. SEND THAT BEAST AFTER THE QB CRUSH THE RUN!

House
07-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I for sure thought he was the best pick for us. I still dont believe Sanchez would have been better. Plus I hate all things USC. I was hoping for BJ Raji, or Crabtree that year. I am not overly impress with the 09 top ten anyways. Curry is still young, and in a system that is still learning how to use him. Plus 2 coaching changes in 2 years, Mora and Caroll. Not much time to get set in a system where they can use you to your max potential. my view is STOP DROPPING CURRY INTO COVERAGE. SEND THAT BEAST AFTER THE QB CRUSH THE RUN!

BJ Raji would be nice right about now. I remember signing TJ and knowing Crabtree wasn't going to happen.

I figured Sanchez wouldn't come here. I know many talk about how "good" he is, but the system carries him. I'm not talking any trash about him, but he's in my bottom 1/2 of NFL Starting QBs. I thought with Mora, we wouldve taken a chance on Vick. SEA being a smaller market than PHI would've kept him out of the news. Kn the flipside, Mora's monkey-*** might still be around.

On to Curry... I like him, I hope he reaches his potential. The "Leo" is perfect for him. On Madden, Chris Clemons went down for the season and I moved Curry to DE. In 7 games, he has 11 sacks and 4 forced fumbles. Madden NEVER lies!!! Lol

FWBrodie
07-12-2011, 05:04 PM

2nd^

Not only after the QB, just get the man in a position to come hard downhill at the football whenever possible. That mother ****er can flat out hit. The time he decleated Steven Jackson in he backfield was the best play of his career and I want more of that.

Seattle4Ever
07-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Was he even tried at the Leo last season?

House
07-14-2011, 12:09 AM
Was he even tried at the Leo last season?

No. Clemons played well and when Bryant got hurt, Brock stepped in and played well. He got stuck/lost in coverage at times. Having a crappy secondary even put him more out of place

Boozerguy47
07-14-2011, 02:38 AM
Looks like Lynch's run didn't win... That soccer goal was pretty amazing though -- this is coming from someone who isn't that into soccer. I'm tempted to watch the game Sunday now.

ccg34
07-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Marshawn Lynch run was the best play hands down.

Captain Planet
07-14-2011, 02:38 PM
well, I know Lynchs run was amazing but...that header the Womens team was the best winner. I think its a bit odd they threw it in there at the last minute... looked like a rigged win

Seattle4Ever
07-14-2011, 05:11 PM
No. Clemons played well and when Bryant got hurt, Brock stepped in and played well. He got stuck/lost in coverage at times. Having a crappy secondary even put him more out of place

We should have a really fast defense. I like that he is our DT in our 'Bandit' package.

ccg34
07-15-2011, 07:41 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/14/randy-moss-in-freakish-shape-in-bid-to-keep-career-going/related/

Moss is motivated and in freakish shape according to his agent. A motivated Moss could do wonders for any NFL team. I wouldn't mind him in Seahawk blue with a 1 year deal.

NateyB24
07-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Lynch should have won although im not really a Soccer fan so im being bias here.

Captain Planet
07-15-2011, 03:09 PM
It was one Epic soccer game dude, tied it with additional time with a header, then down to penalty kicks! WE WON!

shen
07-15-2011, 03:53 PM
He would not work out here. He needs a top 6 teams for him to do good. If he is not a top 1 option on a top 6 team then he plays like crap. Now when he is a top option for top team he is one of the best ever. He has a switch that seems to be tied into team more then his desire.

shen
07-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Lynch run was better.

Seattle4Ever
07-15-2011, 03:56 PM
If we had a good QB to throw to him I'd be down. Also, I'd like some kind of clause in his contract if he acts up or underperforms.

Seattle4Ever
07-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Lynch's run was one of the most athletic runs, ever. He should have won. I'm also biased here, but come on.

shen
07-15-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm sorry, you see those kicks constantly in soccer. Just because ESPN is trying to grasp at anything to get interest up does not make it big. How many runs have actually resulted in tremors? That run was talked about by everyone for weeks afterwords. No one play from soccer has been talked about as much as that run in the last 10 years.

FWBrodie
07-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Ha! Motivated and Moss in the same sentence. Such a fragile equation.

Captain Planet
07-15-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm sorry, you see those kicks constantly in soccer. Just because ESPN is trying to grasp at anything to get interest up does not make it big. How many runs have actually resulted in tremors? That run was talked about by everyone for weeks afterwords. No one play from soccer has been talked about as much as that run in the last 10 years.

Strong argument you have young skywalker!

shen
07-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Just curious, why the SW quote?

House
07-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Moss would hinder growth... If we were a WR from a Super Bowl win, I'd do it. With a YOUNG developing team, they need to see the field

Captain Planet
07-15-2011, 10:01 PM
just curious, why the sw quote?

i am so bored!

Boozerguy47
07-16-2011, 02:40 AM
They should have left the women's goal for next year's ESPYs... Of course something that just happened would steal votes.

furmat60
07-16-2011, 02:55 AM
They should have left the women's goal for next year's ESPYs... Of course something that just happened would steal votes.

Yeah, it was bull ****. I'm a HUGE soccer fan (like it more than football) but Lynch's run was historic. **** should have won, not that goal.

ccg34
07-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Who do you guys honestly think is our qb starter next season? I still think it is going to be Hasselbeck. I think he will give in to the 1 year $7,000,000. I think leaving the city of Seattle will be too hard for him to do.

My preference:
1. Kolb for 2nd
2. Palmer for 3rd and 5th
3. Vince Young for cheap
4. Matt Hasselbeck
5. Cholly, Leinart, or T Jackson

kyuss275
07-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Is it true that there will be NO RFA's? Free Agency is going to be madness.

Seattle4Ever
07-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Really? You have Charlie at 5? You obviously don't have a problem with giving up valuable picks.

Seattle4Ever
07-16-2011, 01:47 PM
I enjoy baseball more than football, but enjoy watching football more than baseball. **** soccer, hockey, and tennis. I could watch golf...

House
07-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Who do you guys honestly think is our qb starter next season? I still think it is going to be Hasselbeck. I think he will give in to the 1 year $7,000,000. I think leaving the city of Seattle will be too hard for him to do.

My preference:
1. Kolb for 2nd
2. Palmer for 3rd and 5th
3. Vince Young for cheap
4. Matt Hasselbeck
5. Cholly, Leinart, or T Jackson

I think Kolb is out of the equation. Matt wants 2 years and he WON'T get it here. Here's my list...

1. Charlie (already here)
2. Palmer (3rd & 5th)
3. Orton (2nd or 3rd)
4 or 5. T-Jack or Leinart
6. Young

Seattle4Ever
07-16-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm down with House's list. Except I'd like to move Young up.

Captain Planet
07-16-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm down with House's list. Except I'd like to move Young up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Seattle4Ever
07-16-2011, 04:33 PM

Young is easily better than Leinart and especially Jackson. Suck one.

Captain Planet
07-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Young is easily better than Leinart and especially Jackson. Suck one.

Lol I just wanted to Troll ya.:speechless:

shen
07-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Matt is going to be a Titan next year. Given the level of chatter if had to choose from your list it would be Palmer.

shen
07-16-2011, 06:02 PM
I have 0 interest in T-Jack and Leinart, at least Vince has talent and slim chance of getting his head on right.

FWBrodie
07-16-2011, 07:12 PM
I think Kolb is out of the equation. Matt wants 2 years and he WON'T get it here. Here's my list...

1. Charlie (already here)
2. Palmer (3rd & 5th)
3. Orton (2nd or 3rd)
4 or 5. T-Jack or Leinart
6. Young
1 Palmer
2 Whitehurst/Jackson
3 Cheap alternative

Boozerguy47
07-17-2011, 12:49 AM
^ Golf is good if Tiger is playing. Sometimes I'll watch if Phil is in contention, otherwise I probably won't turn it on.

Caribou Lou
07-17-2011, 01:24 AM
I enjoy baseball more than football, but enjoy watching football more than baseball. **** soccer, hockey, and tennis. I could watch golf...

Normally I would agree....but I really don't mind watching Hope Solo play so these USA women's games are a wash for me.

Seattle4Ever
07-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Lol I just wanted to Troll ya.:speechless:

:laugh2:

Anyways, is anyone up for Reggie Bush as a RB/WR/ST specialist?

shen
07-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Washington is a cheaper more reliable version of Bush.

Seattle4Ever
07-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Reggie Bush is more versatile, younger version if we can make them eat his contract.

furmat60
07-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Washington is a cheaper more reliable version of Bush.

Also more humble and less cocky.

shen
07-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Bush is hurt more then then he is on the field. He has lost a lot of quickness from the dozen or so knee injury's he has missed time with. His entire career he has not earned what he is slated to make next year and is still unwilling to redo his deal to stay on a SB contender.

ThUnDeR HaWk
07-18-2011, 12:02 AM
trade a 6th round pick and CB Marcus Trufant to the Bengals for QB Carson Palmer. then sign QB Bruce Gradkowski to be a veteran reliable backup

Seattle4Ever
07-18-2011, 12:30 AM
:facepalm:

furmat60
07-18-2011, 01:03 AM
trade a 6th round pick and CB Marcus Trufant to the Bengals for QB Carson Palmer. then sign QB Bruce Gradkowski to be a veteran reliable backup

House
07-18-2011, 01:29 AM

I 2nd this... Gradkowski is a GAMER, I respect his heart, but there's no need for Carson and Bruce.

shen
07-18-2011, 02:12 AM
In what universe does it make sense for the Bengals to take that deal?

ccg34
07-18-2011, 04:29 PM
John Clayton on Brock and Salk said that Osi Umenyiora is interested in being a Seahawk.

Schadie001
07-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Off Yahoo sports: The latest word out of Seattle is that it’s unlikely the Seahawks will be willing to break the bank to re-sign free-agent defenders Raheem Brock and Jordan Babineaux. “The thing to remember about Brock is that, as good as he was down the stretch, he really didn’t become a factor until [DE] Red Bryant went down with a season-ending injury,” one team insider said. “They really are trying to get younger, so it seems both guys will be back only if the price is right.”

DL getting thinner by the minute, hope we have solutions.

FWBrodie
07-18-2011, 05:36 PM
John Clayton on Brock and Salk said that Osi Umenyiora is interested in being a Seahawk.

How would that work? Not familiar with his situation, but pretty sure he's under contract.

Seattle Smooth
07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
How would that work? Not familiar with his situation, but pretty sure he's under contract.

For like two more years I believe.

Seattle Smooth
07-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Found Clayton's Remarks on ESPN.

Q: Any truth to the rumblings that Osi Umenyiora is unhappy in New York? If so, what type of compensation do you believe it would take to land him?

Matthew in Vermilion, Ohio

A: Great timing on this question. He is unhappy because the organization talked to him about a contract extension but nothing has happened. Also, remember that he's a plaintiff in the Tom Brady case. He spent two hours at the bargaining talks Thursday. Owner John Mara told him to meet with team management. He will. If he's not satisfied, maybe there will be a trade. Don't be surprised if Seattle gets involved. It's also not out of the question for him to get a contract extension. This could be one of the most interesting stories at the start of free agency.

House
07-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Found Clayton's Remarks on ESPN.

Q: Any truth to the rumblings that Osi Umenyiora is unhappy in New York? If so, what type of compensation do you believe it would take to land him?

Matthew in Vermilion, Ohio

A: Great timing on this question. He is unhappy because the organization talked to him about a contract extension but nothing has happened. Also, remember that he's a plaintiff in the Tom Brady case. He spent two hours at the bargaining talks Thursday. Owner John Mara told him to meet with team management. He will. If he's not satisfied, maybe there will be a trade. Don't be surprised if Seattle gets involved. It's also not out of the question for him to get a contract extension. This could be one of the most interesting stories at the start of free agency.

Interesting... I saw somewhere Vernon Gholston could be an affordable option as well as Mathias Kiwanuka.

I'd be concerned about Osi's contract issues and Kiwi's injury history. Maybe Gholston would do better in a different scheme.

NateyB24
07-19-2011, 12:03 AM
I wouldn't mind a trade for Osi Umenyiora if it doesn't cost us much in terms of picks and money.

If were going to spend big money do it on a guy like Jonathan Joseph he could be our #1 CB and he is only 27 years old i feel more comfortable overpaying for a young guy like him then i do a 29 year like Osi who has had injury problems.

Seattle4Ever
07-19-2011, 12:52 AM
I'd love Osi.

House
07-19-2011, 01:51 AM
I wouldn't mind a trade for Osi Umenyiora if it doesn't cost us much in terms of picks and money.

If were going to spend big money do it on a guy like Jonathan Joseph he could be our #1 CB and he is only 27 years old i feel more comfortable overpaying for a young guy like him then i do a 29 year like Osi who has had injury problems.

Agreed... If Joseph comes in, Trufant will more than likely be gone as well!

Seattle4Ever
07-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Joseph has only played one full 16 game season in his career, I'm pretty sure I read. I'd still be down.

kyuss275
07-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Agreed... If Joseph comes in, Trufant will more than likely be gone as well!

If Trufant becomes expendable, what do you think of packaging him with a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Kolb? I believe the Eagles need help on the corner.

shen
07-19-2011, 03:24 PM
DRC for Kolb seems to be the deal and DRC is WAY better then Trufant. He single handily defeated the Saints last year.

seasun62
07-19-2011, 03:28 PM
DRC for Kolb seems to be the deal and DRC is WAY better then Trufant. He single handily defeated the Saints last year.

I agree DRC is better than Trufant. But let's not overvalue him...he loses games for the Cardinals more often than he saves them. I'm not a Cardinals fan by any means, however, living in Phoenix forces me to watch them more often than I'd like.

Seattle4Ever
07-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Athletically, Rodgers-Cromartie is a ****ing monster. He's 6'2 and he can RUN.

shen
07-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Kind of easy to lose games for Cards when have no other CB on team and all but two other starters need to be replaced. With Eagles he would be paired with others who just need some relief.

NateyB24
07-19-2011, 07:41 PM
If Trufant becomes expendable, what do you think of packaging him with a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Kolb? I believe the Eagles need help on the corner.

See Trufant isn't worth that much now because his back is shot and those problems just don't go away and with that back problem has caused him to be very inconsistent he has no value unless you want a 6th or 7th RD pick for him.

House
07-20-2011, 12:21 AM
See Trufant isn't worth that much now because his back is shot and those problems just don't go away and with that back problem has caused him to be very inconsistent he has no value unless you want a 6th or 7th RD pick for him.

I was reading today that Rodgers-Cromartie and a conditional 2nd or 3rd will get the job done.

I think I'd be alright with Trufant and a 2nd. Too bad that won't happen!

Seattle4Ever
07-20-2011, 01:12 AM
I'd blow a fat load if we got DRC. Just saying.

ccg34
07-20-2011, 08:32 AM
What do you guys think about Antonio Cromartie? I think he would be good addition if we don't get Nnamdi. Cole is still recovering from an ankle surgery. He may not start the season on time. Resigning Mebane should be our first move from the lockout. We should also take a look at Haynesworth. Man! I'm pumped about free agency.

Seattle4Ever
07-20-2011, 02:10 PM
I also like Cromartie, and he fits Carroll's bill.

EDIT: I'd like Haynesworth too if we don't pay too much.

shen
07-20-2011, 02:14 PM
The bucs are in the best and worst position of any team in the NFL. They have more then 20million more cap space then any other team. However given the salary floor they will be forced to knowingly overpay more then a few players. The Bucs have 59million in cap space while we have the second most at 39million. I bring this up in part because the Bucs are apparently targeting Aso. Teams are going to end up trying to out bid one another not as much for player as much to meet the cap rules.

Seattle4Ever
07-20-2011, 02:24 PM
I forgot about that. Hm... so pretty much the Bucs get Nnamdi Asomugha. Wahhh :cry:

Sportsnut88
07-21-2011, 06:08 AM
#1 - Re-sign Mebane

#2 - Re-sign Hass

#3 - Sign Gallery

#4 - Sign a Pass Rusher

#5 - Sign/trade for Haynesworth (pending on price)

O.L. - Okung/Gallery/Unger

D.L. - Mebane/Haynesworth/Pass Rusher/Pass Rusher

Question #1 - Who else is gonna fill the other 2 spots on the O-Line?

Question #2 - Who are our Pass Rusher's gonna be?

ccg34
07-21-2011, 08:25 AM
If Logan Mankins becomes a free agent, he should be our #1 target.

ccg34
07-21-2011, 08:39 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/20/games-top-fullback-leach-lists-teams-on-his-radar/

Vonta Leach lists Seahawks on his radar along with the Chargers and Giants.

kyuss275
07-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Read this in an article today:

Chester Pitts, NFLPA player representative for the Seattle Seahawks, told FOX Sports Radio host Tony Bruno the issue will take “two full weeks” to get resolved according to Mike Florio at PFT.

This better not be the case. They are so close and now they are saying 2 more weeks.

Seattle Smooth
07-21-2011, 05:56 PM
#1 - Re-sign Mebane

#2 - Re-sign Hass

#3 - Sign Gallery

#4 - Sign a Pass Rusher

#5 - Sign/trade for Haynesworth (pending on price)

O.L. - Okung/Gallery/Unger

D.L. - Mebane/Haynesworth/Pass Rusher/Pass Rusher

Question #1 - Who else is gonna fill the other 2 spots on the O-Line?

Question #2 - Who are our Pass Rusher's gonna be?

Our first and second draft picks this year. James Carpenter and John Moffitt

Seattle4Ever
07-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Pass rushers = Clemons, Curry, and hopefully Brock.

FWBrodie
07-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Pass rushers = Clemons, Curry, and hopefully Brock.

Not good enough. The need someone coming up the middle.

FWBrodie
07-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Our first and second draft picks this year. James Carpenter and John Moffitt

He clearly means LG and C. Although all signs point to Unger at center, which is scary.

Seattle4Ever
07-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Not good enough. The need someone coming up the middle.

For ends I think it's sufficient enough. But we definitely can't lose Mebane now. Bringing in Haynesworth would be awesome.

House
07-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Barry Cofield is a name I keep hearing for DT.

NateyB24
07-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Clayton seems to think that were going to go sign Tavaris Jackson and that were not going to even offer a deal to Hasselbeck if thats the case PC is obviously trying to tank for a QB. I see more talent in Whitehurst then i do Tavaris Jackson.

(Yes, i do realize that were going to suck no matter what this year most likely but come on Tavaris Jackson...)

Sportsnut88
07-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Realistically can $39 mill.

-Re-Sign Hass, Mebane, Brock

-Sign Haynesworth, Gallery, another pass-rusher, & possibly a top flight WR

Upgrading the both Lines is the #1 priority.

Seattle4Ever
07-22-2011, 01:18 AM
I think $39 million could do that. But I also don't think the right players are on the market.

House
07-22-2011, 02:05 AM
Realistically can $39 mill.

-Re-Sign Hass, Mebane, Brock

-Sign Haynesworth, Gallery, another pass-rusher, & possibly a top flight WR

Upgrading the both Lines is the #1 priority.

We won't re-sign Matt. He's going to get $8M+ and it won't be from us. I expect Matt to be in TEN or MIN.

Mebane will be a MUST! Haynesworth could be traded for (probably a 3rd or Colin Cole/4th). Trading Cole will free up $3.4M this year, Haynesworth is only due $5.2M this year.

I know Gallery has been mentioned forever, but I think we're going to be surprised.

Sportsnut88
07-22-2011, 03:00 AM
Like I said upgrading the lines is a huge priority. Protecting the QB on offense & attacking the QB on defense, if our D.L. can apply constant pressure to the QB, it'll put less pressure on the secondary & our LB's. No pressure on D = BAD NEWS! :(

Your right Haynesworth I think could be had in a trade (6-7th). I wouldn't gamble on a guy like Charles Johnson from Carolina, it's proven that guys that perform in their contract year never regain that same form from before, that's why I'd look at a guy like Edwards possibly. Add him & Haynesworth & re-sign Brock & Mebane to go along with Hill/Lofa/Curry/Hawthorne our front 7 should see rapid improvement (I hope). I also heard something to the rumor that Mankins could be available in FA.

1. Is that true?

2. Would he be worth going after (along with Gallery)?

Guards - Gallery & Mankins

Tackles - Okung & Pitts/Polumbus/Locklear

Center - Unger

Ends - Brock & Clemons

Tackles - Mebane & Haynesworth

shen
07-22-2011, 03:43 AM
Apparently Mankins and Jackson are upset over the deal Smith and Goodell worked out. Seeing as only thing that would really upset them would be having to keep the Franchise tag. Well it seems fairly obvious at least in my opinion that Mankins and Jackson will still be franchised and therefore off our radar.

On NFL network some were saying that Mankins and Jackson might consider suing the NFL and PA on there own over how the antitrust settlement is shaping up. They brought it up because someone asked if those two refuse to sign off on a settlement would it prevent one. They said no it would just end up with everyone else getting back to work and those two suing on there own.

ccg34
07-22-2011, 08:30 AM
If the players approve the deal, tomorrow we will be able to negotiate contracts with free agents, but we will not be able to sign them until Wednesday.

ccg34
07-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Free agency is scheduled to start Wednesday.

My top 10 wishlist:

1. Logan Mankins
2. Nnamdi Asomugha
3. Carson Palmer
4. Osi Umenyiora
5. Sidney Rice or V Jax
6. Jonathan Joseph
7. Antonio Cromartie
8. Resign Mebane
9. Albert Haynesworth
10. Vince Young

furmat60
07-22-2011, 10:39 AM
I guarantee you that it won't even be passed to the players. The NFLPA will ****ing deny it. Free agency will not start.

ccg34
07-22-2011, 11:21 AM
I guarantee you that it won't even be passed to the players. The NFLPA will ****ing deny it. Free agency will not start.

I sure hope you are wrong. I believe the players will vote today and free agency will start Wednesday.

Seattle4Ever
07-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Pleeeeease accept it, players.

shen
07-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Players are dragging there feet because they are afraid that next CBA owners will point to there sham of desertification for leverage. Really starting to piss me off. They can have the union back and deal agreed to inside of 10 minutes but they are refusing.

shen
07-22-2011, 12:48 PM
It is the deal they worked out, they just want to take long time to re certify so owners can't use there fake desertification against them next time. Like the one guy (actually 3) said on NFL Network, Goodell was not going to let the owners vote unless Smith assured him he could get the players to agree.

Also Mankins, V-Jax, Albert, and Palmer are not FA's. Only way to get them is buy trade and Bengals wont even trade Palmer.

Seattle4Ever
07-22-2011, 01:13 PM
:(

NateyB24
07-22-2011, 01:47 PM
This probaly won't have a chance to get voted on till Monday then if there is one? I don't think they work on it over the weekend.

FWBrodie
07-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Players are dragging there feet because they are afraid that next CBA owners will point to there sham of desertification for leverage. Really starting to piss me off. They can have the union back and deal agreed to inside of 10 minutes but they are refusing.

How can you side with the owners after that dick move they pulled?

FWBrodie
07-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Free Agency 2011: prioritized
My list will sort of keep in theme with what Pete Carroll has been preaching both verbally and in the form of draft picks all offseason, building the run game is priority #1. So while a flashy WR and the best CB available are attractive options, I expect the boys upstairs to remain disciplined and try to achieve their top goal first.

1.OG Davin Joseph, best left side in the division
2. FB Vonta Leach, All-Pro lane creator
3. DT Brandon Mebane, not ideal scheme fit, but there isn't a better option for the 3 tech out there aside from maybe Haynesworth, but that's even debatable
4. DT/DE Alan Branch, upgrades two positions currently occupied by shaky (health) starters
5. CB Jonathan Joseph, big, young, athletic #1 potential, injury prone though
6. QB Tarvaris Jackson, if Palmer’s unavailable
7. WR Sidney Rice, it's not a priority but it could become an option if others above don't sign
8. DE Vernon Gholston, likely cheap, upside remains

NateyB24
07-22-2011, 09:11 PM
If the owners did really try to slip something past the players then its a good thing there going over it just so they don't screw themselves over.

Not really on either side though they both just want the better deal they could careless about the fans.

furmat60
07-22-2011, 09:18 PM
^ Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Caribou Lou
07-22-2011, 09:37 PM
I've heard that players will most likely be voting Monday or Tuesday. Right now they're taking their time to look over discrepancies that may have been slipped in by the owners. Everything should start back up by mid week.

Seattle4Ever
07-22-2011, 10:27 PM
I would love Gholston. What about that bust from BUF? Defensive End...

House
07-22-2011, 11:23 PM
I would love Gholston. What about that bust from BUF? Defensive End...

I think Gholston's size and skill set is very comparable to Raheem Brock. He'll come cheaper and he's 6 years younger.

Aaron Maybin? OLB/DE. He's another low risk/high reward.

FWBrodie
07-22-2011, 11:33 PM
I would also like them to pursue Glenn Dorsey of KC as a 3 tech.

Seattle4Ever
07-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Yeah I'd love Gholston, and Aaron Maybin is exactly who I was thinking of. I think he could succeed here.

Dorsey would be dope.

NateyB24
07-23-2011, 12:40 AM

I bet you are right but i can't wait for it to start its going to be a frenzy.

I think we will get Gallery i hope we can get a few more nice pieces to go along with him like Jonathan Joseph and Sydney Rice.

Wouldn't mind signing Mike Sims-Walker if we don't get Rice would be a guy we could get for cheap that has upside.

Also hope we are able to re-sign Mebane its a must in my opinion while he is not a star in Carolls defense he is still a good player at a position we are thin at.

House
07-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Free Agency 2011: prioritized
My list will sort of keep in theme with what Pete Carroll has been preaching both verbally and in the form of draft picks all offseason, building the run game is priority #1. So while a flashy WR and the best CB available are attractive options, I expect the boys upstairs to remain disciplined and try to achieve their top goal first.

1.OG Davin Joseph, best left side in the division
2. FB Vonta Leach, All-Pro lane creator
3. DT Brandon Mebane, not ideal scheme fit, but there isn't a better option for the 3 tech out there aside from maybe Haynesworth, but that's even debatable
4. DT/DE Alan Branch, upgrades two positions currently occupied by shaky (health) starters
5. CB Jonathan Joseph, big, young, athletic #1 potential, injury prone though
6. QB Tarvaris Jackson, if Palmer’s unavailable
7. WR Sidney Rice, it's not a priority but it could become an option if others above don't sign
8. DE Vernon Gholston, likely cheap, upside remains

My List:
1. Davin Joseph (OG): This will surprise many. A lot of people think Gallery is a LOCK. Joseph is younger and has been relatively injury free. Alternatives: Robert Gallery or Deuce Lutui

2. Re-sign Mebane. I'm hearing things about Cole's injury and Mebane possibly fitting back into the 1-Tech. He's young and knows our system.

3. Leach, Vickers or Reece: we NEED a FB. I'd like to think Konz would be in the mix in this position, but those 2 guys (Leach/Vickers) are ProBowl caliber players that'll BLOW holes open! Reece has played for Cable and knows his role already. He embarrassed us when we played OAK last season.

4. Jonathan Joseph (CB): he could easily step in and be our #1 CB. His contract would be similar to Trufant ($8M/yr). Trufant is a liability as a #1 and even more as a #2. He was constantly picked on and it'll only get worse.

5. DE: Kiwanuka or a trade for Umenyiora.

6. Cullen Jenkins (DL): I know he's a little older, but he's versatile and can play all positions on the DL. We need someone like him! Mebane shifts to the 1-Tech, leaving the 3-Tech open for Jenkins

7. Glenn Dorsey (DT): We'd have to trade for him, but I'm sure we could grab him. Mebane shifts to the 1-Tech, leaving the 3-Tech open for Dorsey. Cole could be included in the trade.

8. Trade Cole & 3rd for Haynesworth and 5th. Haynesworth would be worth the additional $2M (AH due $5.6M, CC due $3.5M). Durability across our DL is key and Haynesworth is less of an injury risk than Cole. WAS will get their NT without drama.

9. FA flyers: Jackson (QB), Gholston (DE) and Maybin (DE/LB)

10. UDFAs: Pat Devlin (QB), Taylor Potts (QB), Andy Froman (QB), Mark Herzlich (LB), Brandon Bair (DL), Pierre Allen (DL), Ian Williams (DT), Mario Fannin (RB) and Henry Hynoski (FB)

House
07-23-2011, 01:20 AM
The owners were trying to do dirt and got caught. They better get this **** fixed!!!

shen
07-23-2011, 04:06 AM
This aint the owners fault, Goodell only moved forward with Smiths agreement. It is not owners fault if Player are more worried about the next CBA then getting this one done. It is the deal they both worked out with the mediator and agreed to there. Goodell talked with Smith and got the last few things Smith said needed to be in. Players are just upset because everyone knows the entire union desertification was a sham and they think people will use it against them next time.

House
07-23-2011, 04:35 AM
At 4lbs 8oz, we were able to bring Mark home today. 17 days old and I got to hold him for the 3rd time today. I want to thank everyone for the kind words and support!

Seattle4Ever
07-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Great news. Glad to see he's doing good.

Seattle4Ever
07-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Owner's fault.

shen
07-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Good to hear man that's great news.

shen
07-23-2011, 01:47 PM
When the only problem is players want to drag feet on certification so it can't be used against um then it is players fault. Players want to take several days and gather all the players at there clubs and do paper ballots. Owners are unsettled by that (and so should every fan) because as many have pointed out (including lawyers not working for the league) they can do it electronically and be done inside of 10 minutes.

The report on ESPN is the deal owners approved is already what the players want. That they are just finishing up and trying to figure out how they will re certify the union.

hawks4life
07-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Great news, man! Don't worry, he'll push through. My wife's cousin had a baby at 31 weeks and a friend of ours had one at 29 weeks.. Both are healthy. Congrats!

Seattle4Ever
07-23-2011, 02:25 PM
The players are taking an extra couple days to go through it to make sure the owner's didn't miss anything.

Caribou Lou
07-23-2011, 02:54 PM
As the entirety of the whole labor dispute goes, I side with the owners. But, in this instance, it seems that the owners slipped in some last minute changes that weren't included in the agreement. Whether that really happened or whether the players were just unaware of these several details and didn't notice until after the owners had voted, like seattle4ever said, the players are just going over it to check over discrepancies.

The players are expecting things to get back going sometime next week so I'm assuming it's not going to be a huge issue.

shen
07-23-2011, 05:34 PM
NFL owners and players have tentatively agreed to a plan that would allow for the players' executive committee to vote on Monday to recommend accepting the CBA and recertifying as a union, a source tells ESPN.

Under the plan, players would begin reporting to training camps as early as Wednesday to physically vote on whether to recertify, with the hope that it will be done by Friday at the earliest, the source said.

They did no slip anything in. The issue has been the players are upset that they were not given time to figure out the thing o re certification first. What was voted on by owners was cleared with Smith first. Some players not involved in negotiations and out of the loop freaked out at first wanting to know what happened. Smith has explained it and now they are over it. There was 0 foul play.

FWBrodie
07-23-2011, 07:21 PM
They did no slip anything in. The issue has been the players are upset that they were not given time to figure out the thing o re certification first. What was voted on by owners was cleared with Smith first. Some players not involved in negotiations and out of the loop freaked out at first wanting to know what happened. Smith has explained it and now they are over it. There was 0 foul play.

Wrong.

A) The owners went straight to the media and announced a finalized deal. Unethical.
B) The owners gave the players a deadline to re-certify and vote. Illegal.
C) The owners voted 31-0 for the deal. Hmm.

Seattle4Ever
07-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Wrong.

A) The owners went straight to the media and announced a finalized deal. Unethical.
B) The owners gave the players a deadline to re-certify and vote. Illegal.
C) The owners voted 31-0 for the deal. Hmm.

Those are in the order of how bad they bother me.

FWBrodie
07-23-2011, 08:51 PM
...and the players didn't agree to anything. If they had there would be no more lockout.

shen
07-23-2011, 10:52 PM
There is still a lockout because players have been trying to organize vote to certify and officially approve. There was not a single thing unhanded or dirty what so ever about what the owners did.

FWBrodie
07-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Yes there was. How is that even debatable?

FWBrodie
07-23-2011, 11:35 PM
They came out and basically attempted to pass all of the blame onto the players if the lockout didn't end that day. They voted 31-0, so clearly it was a favorable deal to them, and the players hadn't even had a chance to read through the paper work yet. How is that ethical? It was a cowardly move.

Seattle4Ever
07-24-2011, 12:18 AM
100% with Brodie. I don't see how this is an argument.

House
07-24-2011, 12:26 AM
I just want this **** to be done! Hopefully Wednesday, we have some new faces in the locker room!

Seattle4Ever
07-24-2011, 12:29 AM
I'd expect another week.

House
07-24-2011, 12:35 AM
I'd expect another week.

I like you... You're a cool guy, but I HOPE you are WRONG!!!

Seattle4Ever
07-24-2011, 12:56 AM
I like you... You're a cool guy, but I HOPE you are WRONG!!!

I hope I'm wrong too! Lol.

shen
07-24-2011, 12:59 AM
It was the deal they agreed on with the mediation people. The players were only upset that owners did not wait for players to sort out re certification first. You are right it is not debatable, that nothing wrong happened. Smith and Goodell made sure was on same page about the deal before owners voted. Owners wanted players to re certify quickest way possible while players want to make a show of it.

The players knew (the ones who took part in negotiations) what the deal was/is. The players are voting Monday to certify and approve the deal. The very deal the owners approved and both sides worked out with mediation. Just because a few random players who took no part in talks freaked out at first because Smith did not keep them in loop does not mean owners did anything wrong.

If anything the players are the bad guys for trying to treat everyone as idiots. They think by making some big show of certifying that takes 2-3 days to finish that people wont remember the entire desertification was a sham. It has been pointed out they can re certify inside of 10 minutes but they refuse because that does not allow them to make a show of it.

House
07-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Any thoughts om Justin Blalock? He's 27 y/o and has been injury free throughout his career. Of the 3 Free Agent OL in ATL (Blalock, Dahl and Clabo) he is the most likely to be retained, but who knows...

What about Dahl? I know he plays RG, but I think he'd be alright @ LG. He's nasty and mean. Tom Cable's type of OL.

Seattle4Ever
07-24-2011, 01:27 AM
We need a LG to help Okung.

House
07-24-2011, 01:41 AM
We need a LG to help Okung.

My list for LG is:
1. Davin Joseph
2. Robert Gallery
3. Deuce Lutui
4. Justin Blalock

furmat60
07-24-2011, 03:37 AM
^ I'd make Gallery number one, just for the fact that he knows Tom Cable and he knows the system already. He can step right in.

House
07-24-2011, 07:27 AM
^ I'd make Gallery number one, just for the fact that he knows Tom Cable and he knows the system already. He can step right in.

I just recently got a gut feeling he isn't going to sign with us.

Seattle4Ever
07-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Why do you say that?

Anyways, if we got Joseph, we'd have a Jones/Hutch-esque left side. Joseph is a ****ing monster, I can't see the Bucs letting him go. Especially because they HAVE to spend $59 million this offseason.

House
07-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Why do you say that?

Anyways, if we got Joseph, we'd have a Jones/Hutch-esque left side. Joseph is a ****ing monster, I can't see the Bucs letting him go. Especially because they HAVE to spend $59 million this offseason.

Just a feeling... I think Lutui will end up being our LG. Age, money and of course he played at USC.

shen
07-25-2011, 02:08 AM
4. Ray Edwards, DE, Minnesota Vikings: Edwards is a bigger name than Johnson because he has played on a high-profile Minnesota Vikings team, but he hasn't had a double-digit sack season yet. He's had eight and 8˝ sacks in the past two seasons. Still, he has 10-sack potential, and for teams with desperate needs for a pass-rusher, Edwards could be the answer.

Leading suitor: Seattle. Dark horse: Atlanta.

That is from Claytons top 10 FA list on ESPN.

House
07-25-2011, 03:49 AM
Here's a good read... No mention of a CB in Free Agency

http://www.theolympian.com/2011/07/25/1736679/seahawks-shopping-list-takes-shape.html

FWBrodie
07-25-2011, 04:14 AM
Ray Edwards makes sense. He's an up and coming pass rusher who could probably handle either DE spot. I think he'd be an upgrade from Raheem Brock and be able to fill his role, and also be the eventual successor to Clemons if he doesn't beat him outright for the job right away.

NateyB24
07-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Teams can sign their free agents this afternoon. Teams can begin talking to UFAs this afternoon. Teams can sign UFAs tomorrow at noon.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/95474630550224896

Tommorow we will find out if Mebane is a Seahawk or not i think he will not make a deal with us today and will test FA he is going to be a guy everybody wants. I think they need to resign him considering we didn't draft a guy in the draft and DT is pretty thin for us.

ccg34
07-25-2011, 10:36 AM
^ You beat me to it. It is going to be wild! I am so pumped. :dance:

ccg34
07-25-2011, 01:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6799301/latest-nfl-timeline-starts-tuesday

"Free-agent and trade negotiations may begin Tuesday and transactions can be filed with the league office Friday at 6 p.m. ET, according to an updated timeline for league business to begin, sources told ESPN.com's John Clayton."

Seattle4Ever
07-25-2011, 02:31 PM
So ****ing pumped.

Seattle4Ever
07-25-2011, 02:42 PM
By the way, I've always been a fan of Ray Edwards.

shen
07-25-2011, 03:42 PM
who do you think is the best run blocking FB out there? I would say Leach, but what do rest of you think? Also who do you think would be easiest to sign?

kyuss275
07-25-2011, 04:11 PM
I hope management got some sleep the last couple of days. Looks like they are going to be awake for 3-4 days straight. Can't wait!!!!

Seattle4Ever
07-25-2011, 04:13 PM
McClain.

alexander_37
07-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Who do you want the Hawks to sign?

I really like Martin Parker UT from Richmond he looks like he could be a decent interior pass rusher.

SS Deandre McDaniel from Clemson would look nice next to Earl Thomas.

DT Ladi Ajiboye South Carolina
DE Pierre Allen Nebraska
WR Doug Baldwin Stanford
FB Dorson Boyce Washington
DE Jarrett Crittenton Middle Tennessee State
P John Gold Texas
CB Jesse Hoffman Eastern Washington
G Michael Huey Texas
T Zach Hurd Connecticut
S Jeron Johnson Boise State
QB Zach Lee Nebraska
WR Ricardo Lockette Fort Valley State
LB Deron Minor McNeese State
LB Mike Morgan USC
G/C Brent Osborne Harvard
CB Ron Parker Newberry
QB Josh Portis California (Pa.)
S Rickey Thenarse Nebraska
TE Ryan Travis West Liberty

Seattle4Ever
07-25-2011, 05:13 PM
I'll post Pat Devlin for House :laugh2:

Seattle4Ever
07-25-2011, 05:49 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2z55gus.png

Any takers on McGahee?

FWBrodie
07-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Possibly one of the safeties, probably a QB, a shitload of D-lineman, and probably also snag up a couple OL too.

FWBrodie
07-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Hey check it out: SHITLOAD

FWBrodie
07-25-2011, 07:00 PM
who do you think is the best run blocking FB out there? I would say Leach, but what do rest of you think? Also who do you think would be easiest to sign?

Haven't watched many of the others, but Leach is a wrecking ball. He reminds me a lot of Mack. I did compare Leach to Marcel Reece and Leach is the far superior blocker.

FWBrodie
07-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Some guys that fit the scheme (and what Carroll has said) and fill holes:

Davin Joseph
Robert Gallery
Vonta Leach
Antonio Cromartie
Ray Edwards
Sidney Rice
Tarvaris Jackson
Brandon Mebane

I think those are the big targets, but obviously the Seahawks can't afford all of them. I think we can safely assume they will get a QB, LG, FB, and DT, and you could kind of consider other positions (DE, WR, CB, LB) luxuries. I think they'll aim high at the first group of positions, but if they don't land one of their top guys at those positions they'll move onto the next group to make a spalsh.

FWBrodie
07-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Pre-free-agency rosterbatory potential roster snap-shot:

QB Whithurst, Jackson
RB Lynch, Washington, Forsett
FB Leach
LT Okung
LG Gallery
C Unger
RG Moffit
RT Carpenter
WR BMW, Obo, Tate, Durham, Butler
TE McCoy, Carlson, Morrah

CB Cromartie, Thurmond, yoooooouth
FS Thomas
SS Kam, Legree
WLB Heater, Herring
MLB Tatupu
SLB Curry, Wright
LDE Edwards/Red
DT Mebane, Cole
RDE Clemons, Davis

NateyB24
07-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Good news for those who want Cromartie he is on our wish list and i heard we were the favorites to land him.

If we get him then im fine with cutting Trufant but if we don't i don't think PC wants to go full on rookie with no experience in the backfield.

FWBrodie
07-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Cromartie signs, Trufant is gone.

Cromartie fits the bill, size, speed, and youth.

You have a link or a source on that little morsel?

drew_ellis_23
07-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Good news for those who want Cromartie he is on our wish list and i heard we were the favorites to land him.

If we get him then im fine with cutting Trufant but if we don't i don't think PC wants to go full on rookie with no experience in the backfield.

Hope you are not getting my hopes up. Cromartie would be sick!!!!!!!!

NateyB24
07-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Cromartie signs, Trufant is gone.

Cromartie fits the bill, size, speed, and youth.

You have a link or a source on that little morsel?

Clayton mentioned it on the radio i will try to find the podcast when it gets put up.

DuckHawk
07-25-2011, 09:28 PM
trufant and a 2nd for Kolb? After signing Cromartie?

NateyB24
07-25-2011, 09:37 PM
I'll post Pat Devlin for House :laugh2:

You took the name i wanted lol i think Pat Devlin is a great devolopmental QB and really surprised he didn't even get drafted i liked him alot watching him in College.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011-nfl-undrafted-free-agents

Hes still there according to this list it shows all the UDFA who have agreed to terms with teams. (Can't offically sign till tommorow.) You would think Pete would be signing alot of guys but none yet.

House
07-25-2011, 09:56 PM
trufant and a 2nd for Kolb? After signing Cromartie?

Only in a wet dream... ARI is ready to give up Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2nd.

drew_ellis_23
07-25-2011, 09:57 PM
SEAHAWKS’ SHOPPING LIST

• Justin Bannan, DL, Denver Broncos

The skinny: Denver released Bannan, 32, in March after he declined to take a pay cut. He likely would serve as depth behind Red Bryant at defensive end for Seattle, but also could slide inside and play defensive tackle if Brandon Mebane does not return. Bannan reportedly was on Seattle’s radar last year.

• Barry Cofield, DT, New York Giants

The skinny: If Mebane leaves in free agency, then the Seahawks could target Cofield. At 6-4, 306 pounds, the 27-year-old had four sacks in 16 starts last year and could provide more pass rush inside for Seattle.

• Robert Gallery, G, Oakland Raiders

The skinny: The 31-year-old is widely considered headed to Seattle because of his relationship with former Oakland coach and current Seattle offensive line coach Tom Cable. Gallery could provide some veteran leadership for a young offensive line, filling a vacant spot at left guard next to Russell Okung.

• Daniel Graham, TE, Denver Broncos

The skinny: Graham, 32, gives Seattle a blocking tight end to replace Chris Baker, who was released in March. Graham has ties to Cable. Graham played under Cable when he served as offensive line coach at the University of Colorado.

• Tarvaris Jackson, QB, Minnesota Vikings

The skinny: After backing up Brett Favre for two seasons, Jackson is looking for another chance to start, and could get that opportunity in Seattle. The 28-year-old already knows Seattle’s offense because of his time with Seattle’s offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell in Minnesota, and could come in and compete for the starting job with Charlie Whitehurst if Hasselbeck does not return.

• Kevin Kolb, QB, Philadelphia Eagles

The skinny: Widely considered the top quarterback option on the market, the Seahawks would have to give up at least a first round pick as compensation through a trade with Philadelphia for Kolb’s services, along with paying him a lucrative contract. Arizona is the likely destination for the 26-year-old.

• Vonta Leach, FB, Houston Texans

The skinny: At 6-foot, 255 pounds, Leach served as the lead blocker for 2010 NFL rushing champion Arian Foster. Considered one of the best fullbacks in the league, Leach, 29, said the Seahawks are a possible landing spot if he does not return to Houston.

• Matt Leinart, QB, Houston Texans

The skinny: Leinart, 28, is looking for another opportunity to earn a starting job. After a year spent in Houston as the team’s third-string quarterback licking his wounds from a disastrous stint in Arizona, Carroll could give him a second chance in Seattle.

• Deuce Lutui, G, Arizona Cardinals

The skinny: Carroll is familiar with Lutui from his days playing for the Trojans, and could be a decent fallback option if Seattle does not sign Gallery. Lutui, 28, has battled weight issues, but is a good run blocker with a nasty streak.

• Sidney Rice, WR, Minnesota Vikings

The skinny: The 24-year-old would give Seattle the home-run threat they covet, pairing with Mike Williams to create one of the biggest receiver tandems in the league. At 6-4, 202 pounds, Rice’s recent hip injury could be a concern, but the Seahawks are targeting him in free agency, and having former Minnesota offensive coordinator Bevell on the Seahawks’ staff should help.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/07/25/1757611/seahawks-shopping-list-takes-shape.html#ixzz1TAkhZMdx

House
07-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Thank you all for the Devlin love!!!

We picked up Lockette and Johnson. Johnson will be good depth @ S.

drew_ellis_23
07-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Only in a wet dream... ARI is ready to give up Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2nd.

Yeah maybe Trufant and a 1st. That would be just a hair better then what Arizona is offering.

Seattle Smooth
07-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Jeron Johnson S. Boise State.

Seattle Smooth
07-25-2011, 10:15 PM
QB Scott Tolzien, Wisconsin

Seppuku
07-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Jeron Johnson S. Boise State.

This man knows how to lay the wood. Nice pick up for Seattle.

Seattle Smooth
07-25-2011, 10:26 PM
This man knows how to lay the wood. Nice pick up for Seattle.

Definitely a nice pick up. Rated as high as a 4th round talent, struggled with a leg injury though.

Seattle Smooth
07-25-2011, 10:29 PM
OT Brent Osborne, Harvard

Seattle Smooth
07-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Jeron Johnson...for all you suckas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5533esi2js

Seattle Smooth
07-25-2011, 10:50 PM
We picked up Lockette and Johnson. Johnson will be good depth @ S.

So far these are the top two agreements in place.

alexander_37
07-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Pumped about Johnson dude can lay some wood looks decently athletic I could see him and Legree having a good competition for SS.

alexander_37
07-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Discuss UFA's and RFA's here.

#LetssignGalleryalready

Seattle Smooth
07-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Ladi Ajiboye, DT South Carolina.

alexander_37
07-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Already added brotha, he looks like a potentially solid rotational 3 tech. Super explosive off the snap.

Seattle Smooth
07-25-2011, 10:59 PM
So many unofficial rumors of "agreements". Many will be invited...lets see who rises up.

House
07-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Pat Devlin is a Cardinal. I'm so pissed!!!

Seattle Smooth
07-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Pat Devlin is a Cardinal. I'm so pissed!!!

Sorry dude. haha.

furmat60
07-25-2011, 11:23 PM
I don't want kolb. Price is too much.

NateyB24
07-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Im kinda mad about Devlin to but that guy that is posting those guys on that site i saw where he said PC is killing the UDFA so far on his twitter. Said Lockette was a steal the WR we got.

Seattle Smooth
07-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Im kinda mad about Devlin to but that guy that is posting those guys on that site i saw where he said PC is killing the UDFA so far on his twitter. Said Lockette was a steal the WR we got.

He's unbelievably fast. Was one of the top 40 times if not the fastest. Just a lot of upside more than anything.

NateyB24
07-26-2011, 12:11 AM
He's unbelievably fast. Was one of the top 40 times if not the fastest. Just a lot of upside more than anything.

Hes big to 6'3 212 pounds. (If his bio is correct.)

I really like what Pete is doing at the DB positions and the WR positions getting bigger guys.

Seattle Smooth
07-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Seahawks plan to release OL Stacy Andrews.

No surprise here. That cuts about $5 million.

Seattle Smooth
07-26-2011, 12:17 AM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2015729048_seahawks_plan_t_1.html
(http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2015729048_seahawks_plan_t_1.html)

House
07-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Ricardo Lockette ran a 4.39 40 at the combine. He's a straight line runner. Tends to drop the "easy pass" but blazes down field and makes acrobatic catches. He'll be a helluva return guy also.

House
07-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Seahawks plan to release OL Stacy Andrews.

No surprise here. That cuts about $5 million.

I saw this coming. I was hoping he'd play BIG when we traded for him last year, but underwhelmed.

I saw a rumor today that we were going to possibly pursue Tyson Clabo to play RT and move Carpenter to LG.

SEAbeliever
07-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Congrats House! Glad you got to have your child come home man! 12th Man pride!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!