07-21-2011, 04:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-8710831

What do u guys think?

Hawkeye15
07-21-2011, 05:52 PM
sounds like a very optimistic Wolves fan

gaughan333
07-21-2011, 08:10 PM
I think wes johnson will get torched by quick sgs. That would be an interesting lineup to watch though

beasted86
07-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Wolves have too many players playing out of position, or without a position IMO

They added Derrick Williams where we don't know his position yet either...

Beasley is not a SF, but plays plenty there
Love is not a C, but plays plenty there
Wes Johnson is not a SG, but plays plenty there
Anthony Randolph is not a SF/PF/C, but plays them all :laugh2:

No but seriously, a bunch of tweeners running up and down the court at a fast pace didn't work. I hope the next coach can define some of these guys positions and start to run the team in the right direction.

gaughan333
07-21-2011, 08:26 PM
They have like rubio who has a solid position, I never noticed that. I hope they are good because I like those players but to have a team full of dudes who don't fit the position they play is an odd strategy

PrettyBoyJ
07-21-2011, 08:38 PM
I think they trade a few of the players they have a lot of "tweeners".. I think a core of Rubio, Wes Johnson, D. Williams, nd K. Love is good for the future.. And I also think Wes Johnson is gonna be a stud.. I see 25+ ppg in his future

gaughan333
07-21-2011, 08:42 PM
yeah ive always liked wes johnson

MTar786
07-21-2011, 08:55 PM
they should trade beasley and fillers to denver for nene. i dont see why both teams wouldnt do it. denver is rebuilding. beasley is young and a good scorer. they could use an exciting 3 since melo is gone. the wolves could use nene for some vet leadership and someone to play center so love could stay at the 4

rubio/ridnour
johnson/flynn
williams
love/randolph
nene/darko

give that team 3 years with a few depth additions and time to grow individually and develop chemistry and you are looking at a possible contender. but def a solid core

gaughan333
07-21-2011, 09:12 PM
I thought they traded flynn

Tree Rollins
07-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Wolves are actually lucky b/c they will be drafting in the top 3 again next season and the draft is f'ing loaded.

Master Mind
07-21-2011, 09:52 PM
If they can commit to defense that line up wouldn't be half bad, certainly looks good on paper...Nice NBA2K12 team as well

TrueFan420
07-21-2011, 09:52 PM
they should trade beasley and fillers to denver for nene. i dont see why both teams wouldnt do it. denver is rebuilding. beasley is young and a good scorer. they could use an exciting 3 since melo is gone. the wolves could use nene for some vet leadership and someone to play center so love could stay at the 4

rubio/ridnour
johnson/flynn
williams
love/randolph
nene/darko

give that team 3 years with a few depth additions and time to grow individually and develop chemistry and you are looking at a possible contender. but def a solid core

Denver wouldnt want beasley.

Punk
07-22-2011, 12:40 AM
Wolves have too many players playing out of position, or without a position IMO

They added Derrick Williams where we don't know his position yet either...

Beasley is not a SF, but plays plenty there
Love is not a C, but plays plenty there
Wes Johnson is not a SG, but plays plenty there
Anthony Randolph is not a SF/PF/C, but plays them all :laugh2:

No but seriously, a bunch of tweeners running up and down the court at a fast pace didn't work. I hope the next coach can define some of these guys positions and start to run the team in the right direction.

If I'm the Wolves owner, GM or coach. I'm sitting back and relaxing because I know we have assets. They have ALOT and a TON of depth but they can trade it for a legit starting center like Nene, Gasol, etc.

Keep Randolph as a Lamar Odom type Sixth Man. Mold Wes Johnson into a defensive SG. Let's not forget Thabo plays SG for OKC and he's a Forward.

The Wolves have alot of fun issues if your a GM or coach. IF they can get a defensive minded coach, they will be the hardest team to guard in the NBA next to Dallas.

Cal827
07-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Now that would likely be a worse defensive team than my craptors :D lol

juno10
07-22-2011, 12:47 AM
Wolves are actually lucky b/c they will be drafting in the top 3 again next season and the draft is f'ing loaded.

sadly the clipppers own their pick this year.

TheRomanGod
07-22-2011, 01:04 AM

rubio/ridnour
johnson/flynn
williams
love/randolph
nene/darko

We got a genius here fellas, trade a 22yr old who can easily be one of the best scorers in the game, for a 6'10 tweener. no thanks pal, i'm confident AR will be a decent enough C in the league. I'll keep Beasley and watch him dominate the league in 1-2 seasons

TheRomanGod
07-22-2011, 01:07 AM
PSD vastly underrates the talent of Beasley.

MrfadeawayJB
07-22-2011, 02:01 AM
We got a genius here fellas, trade a 22yr old who can easily be one of the best scorers in the game, for a 6'10 tweener. no thanks pal, i'm confident AR will be a decent enough C in the league. I'll keep Beasley and watch him dominate the league in 1-2 seasons

:laugh:

Beasley will not dominate the league. He has the physical tools to be a great player, but he lacks the motivation, work ethic, and level headedness that goes with it.

PSD might underate beasley, but until he matures he will just be a 18-20 ppg scorer on a losing team ala stephen jackson or corey maggette

TrueFan420
07-22-2011, 02:25 AM

coming from a warriors fan that watched AR play alot let me be the first to tell you that he is not a center.

TrueFan420
07-22-2011, 02:28 AM

in regards to the trade with denver... they'd never do it not because i dont think he is good but they have players that play the same spot and nene is a good center when there arent many of those in the league.

John Walls Era
07-22-2011, 03:02 AM
Time to trade Wes J and Beasley perhaps. Like Johnson a lot, but Derrick Williams is going to be an animal. Might as well get some value back for Johnson and Beasley. Wolves need a SG and a C, trading pieces outside of Rubio, Love and Derrick could make them into a fringe playoff team.

Duddy
07-22-2011, 03:19 AM
In other words, if everything goes perfectly right, the wolves are screwed anyways

TheRomanGod
07-22-2011, 04:34 AM
In other words, if everything goes perfectly right, the wolves are screwed anyways

and who the **** are you?

TheRomanGod
07-22-2011, 04:37 AM
:laugh:

Beasley will not dominate the league. He has the physical tools to be a great player, but he lacks the motivation, work ethic, and level headedness that goes with it.

PSD might underate beasley, but until he matures he will just be a 18-20 ppg scorer on a losing team ala stephen jackson or corey maggette

just because he likes getting on cloud 9 doesn't mean he isn't mature/motivated, Once the Wolves become a 40-50 win team, the other 28 teams are going to be regretting not getting him from miami. IMO he is the closest thing the NBA has to a Kobe when all is said and done.

TrueFan420
07-22-2011, 06:00 AM
just because he likes getting on cloud 9 doesn't mean he isn't mature/motivated, Once the Wolves become a 40-50 win team, the other 28 teams are going to be regretting not getting him from miami. IMO he is the closest thing the NBA has to a Kobe when all is said and done.

where can i find what your smoking?

Kia Kaha
07-22-2011, 06:23 AM
I love the wolves, they are my team but anyone who thinks Beasley can be anything better than a ball hog scorer doesnt know him at all. Yes he is talented, but he simply doesnt care..

I use to think he was going to be the next melo but he doesnt want to be a superstar, he simply plays this game because he is good at it..his head is not screwed on right and he will never be anything more than a high volume scorer for a terrible team. I hope im wrong but he is a very inefficient player who doesnt play defense. He has all the potential in the world, but he simply doesnt care about getting any better...

TrueFan420
07-22-2011, 06:34 AM
I love the wolves, they are my team but anyone who thinks Beasley can be anything better than a ball hog scorer doesnt know him at all. Yes he is talented, but he simply doesnt care..

I use to think he was going to be the next melo but he doesnt want to be a superstar, he simply plays this game because he is good at it..his head is not screwed on right and he will never be anything more than a high volume scorer for a terrible team. I hope im wrong but he is a very inefficient player who doesnt play defense. He has all the potential in the world, but he simply doesnt care about getting any better...

never say never... thats what they use to say about Zack Randolph. However, i would agree that he will not be much more than a volume shooter. He doesnt have that drive to want to be the best.

Tmath
07-22-2011, 07:57 AM

:crazy:

PrettyBoyJ
07-22-2011, 09:38 AM

I agree with some of your statements.. I do think Beasley doesnt care.. I think he cares more about living life instead of basketball.. If he had half of Derick Rose's work ethic he would be a dominant player because he def. has the tools..

LosDoyers1
07-22-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't know if I want my No. 2 pick being compared to Michael Beasley with all the issues he's had.

WolvesJagsOs
07-22-2011, 05:44 PM
^There build is similar. Thats the only thing i see. Dwill is an efficient player, he is a smart player, he has high b-ball iq, and he is motivated and determined to always prove people wrong. He started playing b-ball his freshman year, they first said he couldnt get a D-1 scholarship, than they said he wouldnt amount to anything in college, than they said he wouldnt get drafted, than they said he wouldnt be a top pick. He has been proving people wrong his whole life. IMO, him and Beasley really arent all that similar at all, besides there size, except i think Dwill seams more filled out...