PDA

View Full Version : #2 PF In The NBA (Volume IV)

Pages : 1 [2]

cmellofan15
07-22-2011, 01:19 AM
this one goes to Amare and it really pains me to see the two best power forwards in the game are so weak defensively.

Avenged
07-22-2011, 02:00 AM
Amare's leading this? Interesting. Similar impact, but I'd say Griffin is actually already better than Amare, and the void will widen fairly significantly next season. Neither played much D on the other, but what did Blake put up his first game against the Knicks/Amare? 45/15/8? They had no answer.

I'd go Dirk > Pau > Randolph > Aldridge > Griffin > Love > Amare/Bosh

PF's are tough. They're all damn close right now.

Seems about right to me, although I'm not so sold on Griffin just yet (with it being his 1st year).

Oh and Amare is running away with this! Crazy how a change of team suddenly propels you to the top.

Khalifa21
07-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Bold part actually made sense. I never trust players in contract years.

I dunno why you like Aldridge when hes a Bosh lite though: LINK (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=aldrila01&y1=2011&p4=boshch01&y4=2011). His D is bad and his rebounder is horrific (but then again Portland's rebounding as a team is excellent).

I've just always enjoyed watching him play, he's a much better defender and rebounder than Amar'e and Dirk. He does everything Bosh does but doesn't demand a max contract.. I was so hppy to see him have a breakout season and finally get the recognition he deserves.

UKblazers
07-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Lamarcus Aldridge, i honestly dont believe anyone available other than possibly pau would of been able to carry portland through the injuries like he did. Before melo came the knicks were .500 in the weak east so i doubt Amare would of been MVP,on the other hand Aldridge raised his game considerably after Roy went down.

unleashthebeast
07-22-2011, 10:09 AM
I've just always enjoyed watching him play, he's a much better defender and rebounder than Amar'e and Dirk. He does everything Bosh does but doesn't demand a max contract.. I was so hppy to see him have a breakout season and finally get the recognition he deserves.

So aldridge is better than bosh just due to salaries? lol. Bosh is a much better rebounder and defender than LMA, he actually was our defensive anchor this year. To say that LMA is better than bosh is a joke. I honestly was going to vote bosh here, it was very close for me between bosh and pau, but i went with pau and was planning on voting bosh next. Its amazing what being a #1 option on a fast paced team, and putting up big PPG numbers can do for PSD voters

SteBO
07-22-2011, 10:20 AM

I was happy to see him break out too, but Bosh is a better player imo. Bosh and Aldridge are alike in playing styles, but Bosh is the better rebounder and defender. People underrate how good Bosh was defensively last year.

alencp3
07-22-2011, 11:24 AM
you people not sold on griffin yet ? what the hell did u expected from him 30/15 rookie season with elite D, leading that crappy injured team to playoffs ?
geez...

THE GIPPER
07-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I went griffin hes better than amare already.. and pau is real good but i cant vote for him

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=griffbl01&y1=2011&p2=stoudam01&y2=2011

boom.

Chronz
07-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Thank the PSD gods for turning the vote in Pau's favor.

Sadds The Gr8
07-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Pau came back? holy **** that has to be the biggest comback ever in a PSD poll....Pau was down like 15 last time i checked

Gibby23
07-22-2011, 11:45 AM
The fix is in..... How did that happen?

ewmania
07-22-2011, 11:58 AM
wow this was the longest poll i seen with any of them smh lol

i call a screw job hahaha

i swear the other ones stopped at 150. how did this go close to 300 lol

Swashcuff
07-22-2011, 11:59 AM
When in the bloody hell did that happen? Pau #1 :speechless: Amar'e had this won a long time ago. First time I've ever seen such a surge in any of these threads.

ewmania
07-22-2011, 12:02 PM
When in the bloody hell did that happen? Pau #1 :speechless: Amar'e had this won a long time ago. First time I've ever seen such a surge in any of these threads.

haha even non-knicks fans can see a screw job

pau gets the lead all of a sudden its closed Lmao

such a random number to close at:confused::confused:

Swashcuff
07-22-2011, 12:03 PM
haha even non-knicks fans can see a screw job

pau gets the lead all of a sudden its closed Lmao

such a random number to close at:confused::confused:

I don't see any screw job, IMO Pau is #2. It's just shocking to see that he overtook Amar'e to win this however.

ewmania
07-22-2011, 12:05 PM
I don't see any screw job, IMO Pau is #2. It's just shocking to see that he overtook Amar'e to win this however.

at 293 votes tho???

show me another poll that lasted this long and ill agree with u

amare should of won a long time ago

Gibby23
07-22-2011, 12:06 PM
at 293 votes tho???

I thought they stay open for 24 hours?

ewmania
07-22-2011, 12:08 PM
I thought they stay open for 24 hours?

true but dirk won at 74 votes. so i highly doubt that was open for 24hrs

PatsSoxKnicks
07-22-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm a Knicks fan who happens to think Pau is #2 :shrug:

roshan3ai
07-22-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm a Knicks fan who happens to think Pau is #2 :shrug:

I'm on the same boat as you. I voted Pau here

Gibby23
07-22-2011, 12:11 PM
true but dirk won at 74 votes. so i highly doubt that was open for 24hrs

Dirk was up by 58 votes and the next guy had only 5 votes.

Da Knicks
07-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Wow i wasnt aware of the fix, guess the posters who made an account to vote Kobe in kept it open to bring Pau the win. Not mad at all that Pau won though he is the best player on his team. However the fact that Amare was leading all throughout and at the last minute this happens is kind of weird.

Gibby23
07-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Bosh should be next

Jetsguy
07-22-2011, 12:18 PM
wow that changed quick as hell and then was closed? I smell foul play:p

Kashmir13579
07-22-2011, 12:21 PM
I didn't vote Amar'e, but i think its unlikely that Pau got 40+ votes in a few hours and Amar'e stopped getting them altogether. Something is up here. And this poll should've been closed like, yesterday.

Swashcuff
07-22-2011, 12:21 PM
at 293 votes tho???

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629814

That thread had 306 votes.

All polls are closed after 24 hours.

Kashmir13579
07-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Ive never seen anything like this.

Da Knicks
07-22-2011, 12:23 PM
I didn't vote Amar'e, but i think its unlikely that Pau got 40+ votes in a few hours and Amar'e stopped getting them altogether. Something is up here. And this poll should've been closed like, yesterday.

This, although i have no problem with Pau winning i do with so many votes happining at such a short time.:facepalm:

Swashcuff
07-22-2011, 12:24 PM

Neither have I. I mean I don't disagree with Pau being #2 but that surge was very surprising.

roshan3ai
07-22-2011, 12:34 PM
This is pretty insane. Amar'e was winning handily last night

Slimsim
07-22-2011, 12:46 PM
LOL

WTH i mean Really Amare was up 20 points a couple of hours ago

Oh well i guess you can skip to 4th best PF unless

MiamiWadeCounty
07-22-2011, 12:47 PM
WTF happened? :laugh2:

PatsSoxKnicks
07-22-2011, 12:53 PM

Yeah, it is pretty crazy.

tredigs
07-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Hahah - PSD conspiracy? Gotta say that this was very surprising to me too, thought maybe I got a little more drunk than I realized last night. Did somebody mass PM the Lakers fanbase and tell them to vote? (something along those lines is the most likely reason).

Good, though. Pau is clearly a better player than Amare, it was pretty ridiculous to have Stat at 2.

nycericanguy
07-22-2011, 12:57 PM

def odd, and if u look at the voters, there are voters that voted for Amare, and then at the end the same usernames with a "." added to their username voted for Paul...

YoungOne voted for Amare, at the end someone named YoungOne. that just joined voted for Paul...

same thing for tromo. basically a bunch of new accounts with a period added at the end voted for Paul...lol.

Really didn't know it was that serious that a bunch of new accounts had to be made just so Amare wouldn't win...

Kashmir13579
07-22-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm not gonna look through all of those names that voted for Pau, but two that i've found so far were made today and are likely dupes. i'm sure there are a bunch more. Its a shame, really.

unleashthebeast
07-22-2011, 12:59 PM
:clap: jolly good show. Pau should have easily won this one, glad to see him ahead. And we should still have a 4th best poll up, because i am sure plenty of PSDers (including myself) have another player, or 2, above amare

naps
07-22-2011, 12:59 PM
WTF has just happened here? Just a couple of hours ago I saw Amare was leading big. This is absolutely insane! I mean I haven't this sort of drastic change in a poll within such a short time...wow! But I am happy with the poll results. Amare is in NO WAY better than Pau.

Kashmir13579
07-22-2011, 01:00 PM
def odd, and if u look at the voters, there are voters that voted for Amare, and then at the end the same usernames with a "." added to their username voted for Paul...

YoungOne voted for Amare, at the end someone named YoungOne. that just joined voted for Paul...

same thing for tromo. basically a bunch of new accounts with a period added at the end voted for Paul...lol.

Really didn't know it was that serious that a bunch of new accounts had to be made just so Amare wouldn't win...
I didn't even vote for Amar'e, but those "dupe" kids are pathetic.

Hahah - PSD conspiracy? Gotta say that this was very surprising to me too, thought maybe I got a little more drunk than I realized last night. Did somebody mass PM the Lakers fanbase and tell them to vote? (something along those lines is the most likely reason).

yup

tredigs
07-22-2011, 01:02 PM

Hahaha... so pathetic. Also see "nimzboy and dayman" have the same thing going on. So, that makes 4 dupe accounts voting for Pau. Which ties it up again.

Soooo... PK's?

LTBaByyy
07-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Wtf???????

Kashmir13579
07-22-2011, 01:03 PM
I knew this place was pathetic, but sometimes it still amazes me just how pathetic it really is.. Dupe accounts, "Mass PMs", thats little kid ****. This place is crawling with 'em.

nycericanguy
07-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Hahaha... so pathetic. Also see "nimzboy and dayman" have the same thing going on. So, that makes 4 dupe accounts voting for Pau. Which ties it up again.

Soooo... PK's?

2 more dupes at the end, Swashcuff. and SteBo.

can't believe some people thought it was that serious...lol. it's just a poll!

Kashmir13579
07-22-2011, 01:04 PM

Soooo... PK's?

Amar'e legitimately won this poll. Whether he was the right choice or not.

tredigs
07-22-2011, 01:07 PM

Is it bad that I'm offended I wasn't duped?? hahah.

Anyway, MileHigh - I'd flat out say give this #2 to Amare (though obviously that isn't my vote), if only to prove a point and ensure that we don't get a copycat version of this **** in a future vote.

CHANGO
07-22-2011, 01:07 PM

Good, though. Pau is clearly a better player than Amare, it was pretty ridiculous to have Stat at 2.

Yep! x10000 :clap:

nycericanguy
07-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Is it bad that I'm offended I wasn't duped?? hahah.

Anyway, MileHigh - I'd flat out say give this #2 to Amare (though obviously that isn't my vote), if only to prove a point and ensure that we don't get a copycat version of this **** in a future vote.

i was not clone-worthy either...:mad:

lol well to all that say that Knick fans always fix the polls...this should make u happy. along with Melo not beating out Durant...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-22-2011, 01:10 PM
looool

Kashmir13579
07-22-2011, 01:11 PM
The troll's problem is he's putting the ***** on a pedestal.

tredigs
07-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Yep! x10000 :clap:

Regardless of our opinion, this was obviously tampered with and complete BS. Amare won the poll, and it's not as if he's a scrub - they can defend the choice with a reasonable case.

Also MileHigh - I request David Lee for the next vote (though I won't be choosing him any time soon). Dude was an All-Star last season when he played for NY, but now he doesn't even make a poll option when he's in GS? C'mon now.

i was not clone-worthy either...:mad:

lol well to all that say that Knick fans always fix the polls...this should make u happy. along with Melo not beating out Durant...

Not to open that can of worms, but he didn't beat out Durant as a Nugget either - and KD plays for a fanbase with very few fans on PSD. Doesn't hurt that he's better than Melo, either.

Slimsim
Yup This only happen because Amare Plays for the Knicks lol

Swashcuff

I just saw that, absolutely hilarious, I mean why would someone take the time to create a dupe for something so petty. Guys really gots nothing better to do around here.

Swashcuff
07-22-2011, 01:18 PM

I mean seriously?

Serioulsy because he plays for the Knicks?

The very same thing happened in the SF thread where there were dupes created to vote Rudy Gay over Luol Deng and Danny Granger, is that because they play for the Grizz/Bulls.

The very same thing happened in the MLB thread, correct me if I am wrong but I honestly don't think there are any MLB players who currently play for the Knicks.

Get over it dude.

nycericanguy
07-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Not to open that can of worms, but he didn't beat out Durant as a Nugget either - and KD plays for a fanbase with very few fans on PSD. Doesn't hurt that he's better than Melo, either.

o i'm a knick fan and i voted for Durant, I think he beats him out slightly.

I was just saying whenever a Knick wins any poll people say its because NY has alot of fans... but if that were the case Melo would have beat out Durant.

I think majority of NY fans are fair...unlike what we just saw here...lol

EDIT : please see below post for point of reference..lol, exactly what i was just saying.

unleashthebeast
07-22-2011, 01:20 PM

If you mean that the only reason amare actually won the poll, is because he is a knick, then yes i would agree with you. Pau should have won here, then bosh in the next poll, but yeah MHC i would give this to amare, just to try to stop this nonsense from happening again

tredigs
07-22-2011, 01:22 PM
I mean seriously?

The very same thing happened in the SF thread where there were dupes created to vote Rudy Gay over Luol Deng and Danny Granger, is that because they play for the Grizz/Bulls.

The very same thing happened in the MLB thread, correct me if I am wrong but I honestly don't think there are any MLB players who currently play for the Knicks.

Get over it dude.

Isn't it kind of odd how defensive so many of the Knicks fans are that people are out to get them??

Knicks fans, YOUR TEAM NOT RELEVANT! I say this as a Golden State fan, so spare me the diatribe.

People don't bother to "hate" on non-contenders. And actually the fanbase has a good amount of my favorite posters on this site, but the constant assumptions that everyone is out to get you is just ridiculous (probably the wrong thread to post this in though, ha!).

Kashmir13579
o i'm a knick fan and i voted for Durant, I think he beats him out slightly.

I was just saying whenever a Knick wins any poll people say its because NY has alot of fans... but if that were the case Melo would have beat out Durant.

I think majority of NY fans are fair...unlike what we just saw here...lol

I can agree with that. Then just like any other team, you have your bandwagoners. Kids who never watched a Knicks game before this season and weren't even interested until last years F/A. But you're right, the majority of Knicks fans are pretty knowledgeable. The bad eggs shouldn't fool anyone.

SteBO

I just saw that, absolutely hilarious, I mean why would someone take the time to create a dupe for something so petty. Guys really gots nothing better to do around here.

There was a dupe called PSDModsAre**** that voted too. I knew something was fishy the minute I saw the vote disparity between Amare and Pau dwindle to 105-107. Pau deserves this spot imo, but Amare won this poll fair and square and I think MHC should just put Amare as the official #2 PF.

Kashmir13579
07-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Isn't it kind of odd how defensive so many of the Knicks fans are that people are out to get them??

Knicks fans, YOUR TEAM NOT RELEVANT! I say this as a Golden State fan, so spare me the diatribe.

People don't bother to "hate" on non-contenders. And actually the fanbase has a good amount of my favorite posters on this site, but the constant assumptions that everyone is out to get you is just ridiculous (probably the wrong thread to post this in though, ha!).

LOL. Everyone is out to get everyone on this site. Nothing surprises me anymore.

LTBaByyy
07-22-2011, 01:24 PM
I knew this place was pathetic, but sometimes it still amazes me just how pathetic it really is.. Dupe accounts, "Mass PMs", thats little kid ****. This place is crawling with 'em.

And you said I was crying for Marion getting outvoted by 1 vote for #10 SF

HAHAHA look at you now, GET OVER IT!!!!! :)

Slimsim
I mean seriously?

Get over it dude.

It was a Joke

Just wanted to see your response

CHANGO
Regardless of our opinion, this was obviously tampered with and complete BS. Amare won the poll, and it's not as if he's a scrub - they can defend the choice with a reasonable case.

Yes, I know! If they cheated, there is no choice but to let Amare second. What I personally don't like, because I know the best player is Pau Gasol. And on other threads was a GREAT case of Bosh>Amare which may not show here because Amare will be in second place.

Kashmir13579
07-22-2011, 01:26 PM
And you said I was crying for Marion getting outvoted by 1 vote for #10 SF

HAHAHA look at you now, GET OVER IT!!!!! :)

Hey troll, I didn't even vote for Amar'e. Look at you now. Are you siding with someone who made 20+ duplicate accounts? Thats sure what it looks like.

Swashcuff
07-22-2011, 01:28 PM
There was a dupe called PSDModsAre**** that voted too. I knew something was fishy the minute I saw the vote disparity between Amare and Pau dwindle to 105-107. Pau deserves this spot imo, but Amare won this poll fair and square and I think MHC should just put Amare as the official #2 PF.

Agreed.

While I don't support Amar'e for #2 fair is fair and the real PSD posters voted for him so it should be reflected as such.

Gibby23
07-22-2011, 01:29 PM
It should go to Amare if there were dup accounts, but a mod should go back and look at the dup accounts and ban the people that made them. That is a rule, right?

Slimsim
07-22-2011, 01:31 PM

THat's Uncalled for Didn't expect this form you Tredigs

Gibby23
07-22-2011, 01:33 PM

It's not even true. It's NY, the added 2 of the best players in the NBA last year and from the looks of it, they are on the way back. Even if they were not on the way back, it is still New York.

nycericanguy
07-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Gasol was pretty much not even in the conversation for top 10 before he joined the Lakers. When he was in MEM no one would have picked him over Amare.

Did he really just get that much better all of a sudden at the age of 30 when he joined the lakers? Or has he benefited immensely from playing alongside a top 5 NBA player and a huge frontline?

tredigs
07-22-2011, 01:38 PM

No offense bud.

But in the sense of not being a contender, I think it's relevant... ???

Like I said, my team isn't either. My point is that I don't think a team of any sport begins to receive unjustified/irrational "hate" against them until they get on top and the fanbase as a whole begins to gloat - at which point people have a knee-jerk reaction to bring 'em back down.

Knicks have a damn fun team to watch, and are a superstar away from receiving mass-hate, but they just flat out aren't there yet. Me and my buddies love to hate on the Lakers just as much as the Yankees. The Dodgers and Knicks? No prob with 'em what-so-ever. KnowWhatImSayin??

edit - well, every Giant fan I know hates the Dodgers, but that's a rivalry. And I'm a die-hard Braves fan, so that doesn't apply to me.

Kashmir13579
07-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Gasol was pretty much not even in the conversation for top 10 before he joined the Lakers. When he was in MEM no one would have picked him over Amare.

Did he really just get that much better all of a sudden at the age of 30 when he joined the lakers? Or has he benefited immensely from playing alongside a top 5 NBA player and a huge frontline?

His offensive stats were not as good before his USG% dropped to around 20.0 on a stacked team.

Kashmir13579
07-22-2011, 01:41 PM
No offense bud.

But in the sense of not being a contender, I think it's relevant... ???

Like I said, my team isn't either. My point is that I don't think a team of any sport begins to receive unjustified/irrational "hate" against them until they get on top and the fanbase as a whole begins to gloat - at which point people have a knee-jerk reaction to bring 'em back down.

Knicks have a damn fun team to watch, and are a superstar away from receiving mass-hate, but they just flat out aren't there yet. Me and my buddies love to hate on the Lakers just as much as the Yankees. The Dodgers and Knicks? No prob with 'em what-so-ever. KnowWhatImSayin??

edit - well, every Giant fan I know hates the Dodgers, but that's a rivalry. And I'm a die-hard Braves fan, so that doesn't apply to me.
Totally get what you're saying man.

tredigs
07-22-2011, 01:43 PM

Well, #1 it's not secret that playing for a playoff team in a huge market will propel your legacy, and I've made this point before in the All-Time rankings thread.

But you're clearly flat out wrong about Pau. He was an All-Star while in Memphis, and you'd have to be living under a rock not to realize that he was considered a top PF. And actually, he's improved his rebounding and overall toughness since joining LA (this playoff aside) - I'll give props to Kobe and Phil for aiding him on that one.

nycericanguy
07-22-2011, 01:44 PM
His offensive stats were not as good before his USG% dropped to around 20.0 on a stacked team.

Yep, put him on NY where Amare had to take all the tough shots at the end of the shot clock and be the focus of every defense every night and I don't think Gasol does as well.

I think Gasol found the perfect situation in LA with Kobe and Bynum & Odom. But overall I think Amare is a better player and a true franchise player. Whereas Gasol in MEM as the main guy averaged 36 wins, and thats if you don't count the 22 win debacle in 2007 when he was traded halfway through.

Just my feelings on it.

nycericanguy
07-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Well, #1 it's not secret that playing for a playoff team in a huge market will propel your legacy, and I've made this point before in the All-Time rankings thread.

But you're clearly flat out wrong about Pau. He was an All-Star while in Memphis, and you'd have to be living under a rock not to realize that he was considered a top PF. And actually, he's improved his rebounding and overall toughness since joining LA (this playoff aside) - I'll give props to Kobe and Phil for aiding him on that one.

Amare has only played in NY 1 season, that did not make his legacy. And Gasol was def a top PF in MEM and of course he was an AS, but certainly was never considered top 2 or even top 5 PF.

Swashcuff
07-22-2011, 01:46 PM

Well for starters when Pau was with the Griz KG and TD were in their prime so even today's Pau would not have ranked as high as he is now. Also Elton Brand was a much better player than he is today 20 and 10 with great D. Most importantly however Pau has become a better player from joining the Lake Show.

He has become way more efficient since joining the Lakers and though they've had a great impact on him (no secret ball hogs and generally good teammates tend to help your efficiency) he in turn has had an even greater impact on them. Since this is something that is largely viewed as a telling sign for a player's worth (impact) Pau has gained a great deal of respect for what he has helped the Laker franchise to become.

Gibby23
07-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Yep, put him on NY where Amare had to take all the tough shots at the end of the shot clock and be the focus of every defense every night and I don't think Gasol does as well.

I think Gasol found the perfect situation in LA with Kobe and Bynum & Odom. But overall I think Amare is a better player and a true franchise player. Whereas Gasol in MEM as the main guy averaged 36 wins, and thats if you don't count the 22 win debacle in 2007 when he was traded halfway through.

Just my feelings on it.

Amare isn't a Franchise player. This past Summer there wer 3 guys that teams would build a franchise around and that was Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. The Knicks would have taken anyone of those guys before Amare, but Amare was the only one willing to come. The Knicks were fine with that because they knew they had more money to spend and Amare would be a good sidekick to the framchise they got in Melo. if Amare keeps thinking that he is the Man, the Knicks won't get very far because he can't lead them to the Finals.

nycericanguy
07-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Well for starters when Pau was with the Griz KG and TD were in their prime so even today's Pau would not have ranked as high as he is now. Also Elton Brand was a much better player than he is today 20 and 10 with great D. Most importantly however Pau has become a better player from joining the Lake Show.

He has become way more efficient since joining the Lakers and though they've had a great impact on him (no secret ball hogs and generally good teammates tend to help your efficiency) he in turn has had an even greater impact on them. Since this is something that is largely viewed as a telling sign for a player's worth (impact) Pau has gained a great deal of respect for what he has helped the Laker franchise to become.

I get what you're saying, but you have to remember Gasol was added to the Lakers for basically Kwame Brown. Any time you can turn Kwame Brown into a top PF then of course your team will be greatly improved. You can pretty much insert any all star PF into that line and your team will be alot better.

They basically added an all-star PF to a team that at the time was on its way back up.

nycericanguy
07-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Amare isn't a Franchise player. This past Summer there wer 3 guys that teams would build a franchise around and that was Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. The Knicks would have taken anyone of those guys before Amare, but Amare was the only one willing to come. The Knicks were fine with that because they knew they had more money to spend and Amare would be a good sidekick to the framchise they got in Melo. if Amare keeps thinking that he is the Man, the Knicks won't get very far because he can't lead them to the Finals.

Well he's not a top tier franchise player. Neither is Bosh though, are you serious?...lol

If NY had signed Wade instead they still would not have been a contender, even franchise guys need help.

Heck even with Lebron they probably still would have been a 50 win team, but not serious contenders.

I don't think theres any 1 player that can do it alone in the NBA anymore, I think you need at least 2 stars, or a great team of role players. so I wouldn't hold that against Amare.

Gibby23
07-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Well he's not a top tier franchise player. Neither is Bosh though, are you serious?...lol

If NY had signed Wade instead they still would not have been a contender, even franchise guys need help.

Heck even with Lebron they probably still would have been a 50 win team, but not serious contenders.

I don't think theres any 1 player that can do it alone in the NBA anymore, I think you need at least 2 stars, so I wouldn't hold that against Amare.

Bosh was on every teams list over Amare.

nycericanguy
07-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Bosh was on every teams list over Amare.

True, but I don't think it was because they thought he was better.

I think it had more to do with the fact that

a) Bosh seemed to be attached to Lebron, so if you wanted Lebron you tried to get Bosh

b) Amare's injury history.

All things being equal I think any GM takes Amare, his leadership was great in NY. I don't think I'd feel comfortable at all with Bosh as my franchise player.

LTBaByyy
07-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Kashmir, please get over it :)

Gibby23
07-22-2011, 02:00 PM
True, but I don't think it was because they thought he was better.

I think it had more to do with the fact that

a) Bosh seemed to be attached to Lebron, so if you wanted Lebron you tried to get Bosh

b) Amare's injury history.

All things being equal I think any GM takes Amare, his leadership was great in NY. I don't think I'd feel comfortable at all with Bosh as my franchise player.

But, Bosh and Melo is better in the long run than Amare and Bosh. Amare only has so much time on that Knee that the Knicks have to get things right in the next 2 years or so.

nycericanguy
07-22-2011, 02:05 PM
But, Bosh and Melo is better in the long run than Amare and Bosh. Amare only has so much time on that Knee that the Knicks have to get things right in the next 2 years or so.

You might be right, who knows, not something you can really predict. Even Wade has to be a big concern for MIA going forward. Hopefully Melo and maybe CP3 can take a load off Amare.

But if they are both healthy I take Amare hands down. And thats not a knock on Bosh because he had a great season.

Kashmir13579
07-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Kashmir, please get over it :)

I have nothing to "get over". :confused:

Da Knicks
07-22-2011, 02:19 PM
lmao at all the people going in and making the dupes, knicks cant get any love...

DoMeFavors
07-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Amare should be back at 5 where he belongs, as far as this poll goes. Pau has a ring, so does Dirk. They have won. Amare by himself this year barley made the playoffs. If Amare was on Houston there would be no playoffs for the team and he would still be the 2nd best pf in the league?
And why was Duncan not on this poll.

Mile High Champ
07-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Despite the final tally, Amare is the winner. Pau Gasol received many duplicate account votes and therefore Amare will be declared the winner.

DoMeFavors
07-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Despite the final tally, Amare is the winner. Pau Gasol received many duplicate account votes and therefore Amare will be declared the winner.

WOW thats fair......
Pau is the winner and the poll shows it. Maybe after all the Knick fans voted Amare and they all stopped voting the right choice was selected in Gasol.

Shamar81
07-22-2011, 02:24 PM
It's Amare.

Are we talking about this season or their entire careers? If it's this season its Amare. People need to realize that stats dont tell the whole story. Someone you guys should go to baseball with your stat arguements. There is no Billy Beane in Basketball. At the end of the day the Lakers were favorites to win the West were they not? All I see is Kobe and Phil screaming at your boy Gasol. They got sweeped to a team we all thought they should beat.

Knick on the other hand were not projected to be in the playoffs. All we heard about Amare and his bad knees, no defense cant make it with out Nash. Gets them to the playoffs, breaks knicks records in one season and was a MVP canidate up until Jan.

All I see is Gasol is a better rebounder and plays defense. But Overall who had more impact for their team? That's Amare!

Who meant the most to their team?
Thats Amare!

Amare had the better season than Gasol.

DoMeFavors
07-22-2011, 02:26 PM
It's Amare.

Are we talking about this season or their entire careers? If it's this season its Amare. People need to realize that stats dont tell the whole story. Someone you guys should go to baseball with your stat arguements. There is no Billy Beane in Basketball. At the end of the day the Lakers were favorites to win the West were they not? All I see is Kobe and Phil screaming at your boy Gasol. They got sweeped to a team we all thought they should beat.

Knick on the other hand were not projected to be in the playoffs. All we heard about Amare and his bad knees, no defense cant make it with out Nash. Gets them to the playoffs, breaks knicks records in one season and was a MVP canidate up until Jan.

All I see is Gasol is a better rebounder and plays defense. But Overall who had more impact for their team? That's Amare!

Who meant the most to their team?
Thats Amare!

Amare had the better season than Gasol.

They were projected to be in the playoffs, the east is so bad that teams with 30 something wins can make the playoffs. Amare maybe had more impact in your mind because of how he helped the Knicks back to the playoffs but Gasol has the better win total and ever since he joined Kobe the lakers have been contendors.

Shamar81
07-22-2011, 02:34 PM
They were projected to be in the playoffs, the east is so bad that teams with 30 something wins can make the playoffs. Amare maybe had more impact in your mind because of how he helped the Knicks back to the playoffs but Gasol has the better win total and ever since he joined Kobe the lakers have been contendors.

Your right but thats for his entire career with the Lakers. If we are talking this season he was a non factor espically where it counts and thats the playoffs.