PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Hire Celtics Assistant Darren Erman

zaescc408
07-20-2011, 03:40 PM
The Golden State Warriors have agreed in principle to hire Celtics coaching assistant Darren Erman to join Mark Jackson's staff for next season, the Globe confirmed.

The move was first reported by Yahoo! Sports. Erman served for the past four years as one of the behind-the-scenes coaches on Doc Rivers' staff, as he helped workout players, scout prospects and serve as an aid on the road.

Erman will be developing scouting reports for opposing teams and also working out players for the Warriors.

TrueFan420
07-20-2011, 04:51 PM
good hire i guess

Lloyd Christmas
07-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Great hire! Championship!

COOLbeans
07-20-2011, 05:07 PM
definitely an elite coaching staff, ready for playoffs baby!

MackShock
07-20-2011, 05:41 PM
so the key to jackson being successful is to hire an A class coaching staff, so if the Warriors are successful, mark jackson takes all the credit. then they say hes hella good and all that and hes a good hire. i get it....this is chess it aint checkers lol

COOLbeans
07-20-2011, 06:04 PM
well assistants get credit too as they are often in line for coaching vacancies. clearly these guys are coming over because of Jackson and the other changes made to the organization thus far. I didnt see them running over to coach under keith smart..

MackShock
07-20-2011, 07:42 PM
well keith got promoted late into the offseason. his staff was already in place. new head coach, brand new offseason to search for candidates..

however i am very glad to know that every assistant weve picked up comes either from a championship environment or has a very impressive resume