Ellis and AI aren't PGs.

Technically, they are :p

A scoring pg is still a pg.

GrantHustle
07-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Marbury or Francis pure scores from the PG position

roshan3ai
07-19-2011, 11:29 PM
AI played with Eric Snow for a good portion of his career. Are you saying that Snow was the SG??

tredigs
07-19-2011, 11:31 PM

Monta's definitely not a PG. Curry is a PG, not Monta. And before Curry was Baron.

tredigs
07-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Anyway, Big O all time. Rose => Westbrook currently. Though Cp3 would be considered the best if he felt the need to take 20+ a game.

smood999
07-20-2011, 12:06 AM
iverson was a pg and played pg until larry brown, who i also blame for this whole true pg combo guard..and all those terms which i think is bs to begin w...but iverson could fall under either...monta ellis played back up pg when baron was there...and when baron left he played the point before they drafted curry...i think monta is like jason terry though...who lets not forget was the pg for the hawks before going to dallas...another example of that was jamal crawford who played lots of point for chicago but who is clearly a 2g....so i would exclude monta but iverson id include...larry brown tried doing the same w marbury and francis in ny does that not make them pgs?

but to answer the question..it has to be iverson or marbury...those 2 revolutionized the pg position and r the reason y we talk about shoot first pgs..combo guards..true pgs...etc....marbury was gonna be the first player to ever average 20 and 8 for his career besided oscar robertson...who is another player who u could argue was a point and therefore would be the best scorer of them all....

smood999
07-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Anyway, Big O all time. Rose => Westbrook currently. Though Cp3 would be considered the best if he felt the need to take 20+ a game.

marbury was a better scorer than westbrook...not rose though...

asandhu23
07-20-2011, 12:17 AM
Monta is not a point guard. He hasn't played that position for years.

GREATNESS ONE
07-20-2011, 12:38 AM
Big O, Jerry West, AI, Marbury, Frachise, Rose, Westbrook, Isiah Thomas, Pistol, Archibald just naming scoring pg's off the top of my head.

Lloyd Christmas
07-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Tony Parker, JJ Barea, and Marco Jaric all scored dime pieces. They are the top PG scorers.

Ovratd1up
07-20-2011, 01:04 AM
Deron is a very good scorer as well, though often forgotten in these types of discussions. He's in the same boat as Paul and Nash that score very efficiently and could score 20+ with ease if they had to/tried.

Gators123
07-20-2011, 01:08 AM
This guy

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/1007/pistons.1989.photos/images/isiah-trophy.jpg

TrueFan420
07-20-2011, 02:40 AM
Ellis and AI aren't PGs.

this

aussie
07-20-2011, 03:22 AM
cp3

JayStar-8
07-20-2011, 03:24 AM
deron is a very good scorer as well, though often forgotten in these types of discussions. He's in the same boat as paul and nash that score very efficiently and could score 20+ with ease if they had to/tried.

+1.

JayStar-8
07-20-2011, 03:26 AM
For now its:

1. Rose
2. Dwill
3. CP3
4. Westbrook

naps
07-20-2011, 03:56 AM
Big O all time.

CP3 currently. Don't look at ppg people, CP3 is not a volume scorer like Rose and Westbrook.

sventhedog
07-20-2011, 06:52 AM
i think i'll agree with cp3. most traditional pg who have scoring talent are more efficient than volume scorers. nash, cp3, dwill > rose, westbrook

Khalifa21
07-20-2011, 07:36 AM
i think i'll agree with cp3. most traditional pg who have scoring talent are more efficient than volume scorers. nash, cp3, dwill > rose, westbrook

This.

CP3, Nash and Williams are all efficient, whereas the guys that score more are shooting under 45%.

LakersIn5
07-20-2011, 08:57 AM
primed arenas can crack the top 10

Cool007
07-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Do you people know that the more you shoot, your efficiency drops right?

If CP3/Deron tried to score more/shoot more, their efficiency would drop and their assist numbers would drop as well. Meaning they are shooting more and passing less now.

Just because Chandler shoots 60% for 8-10ppg doesn't mean if he shot more, he would be 20ppg scorer as well and even then his efficiency would still stay same.

Shmontaine
07-20-2011, 11:50 AM

rose & westbrook made their teams better more than nash, cp3, and dwill made their teams better... did rose and westbrook get exposed in the playoffs? yessir... but their teams wouldn't have made it as far without them, or with the aforementioned pgs IMO...

if they can be more efficient and score 'at will' they should've because not doing so hurt their team... i get not forcing the issue, setting up the teammates, running the o, etc.. but when you're the best player on your team, you have to assert yourself on a consistent basis. i'm sure phoenix, nola, and utah/nj fans would've rather seen them score more if they could... it prolly would've gotten their teams farther than they went...

This.

CP3, Nash and Williams are all efficient, whereas the guys that score more are shooting under 45%.

Drose had a higher fg% than deron last year, and has a higher career fg% than deron... does that make drose efficient or deron not efficient???

drose career fg% is only slightly less than CP3 as well .. less than .5% difference...

but they're more efficient, okay...

nash is the only pg who's clearly the most efficient pg...

sammid21
07-20-2011, 12:03 PM
People that say CP3 or Deron need to reread the OP, its the Top PG scorer, not the Top overall PG. People on here argue that CP3 and Deron are pass first PGs, how the hell can they also be the top PG scorer. Add Nash to this statement too

Rose, Westbrook, Harris, and maybe Curry in that order in todays game

Chill_Will_24
07-20-2011, 02:32 PM
All time-Iverson and maybe Marbury

Now- Rose without a doubt

JayStar-8
07-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Drose had a higher fg% than deron last year, and has a higher career fg% than deron... does that make drose efficient or deron not efficient???

drose career fg% is only slightly less than CP3 as well .. less than .5% difference...

but they're more efficient, okay...

nash is the only pg who's clearly the most efficient pg...

Dwill played injured last season. He shot 34.9 % after the trade to the nets because of his wrist injury. However, I still think D Rose is the best scoring pg.
He got exposed in the playoffs though, which really hurt his reputation as a great scoring pg.

Tree Rollins
07-20-2011, 04:17 PM

Someone else has probably already said this, but Allen Iverson was a shooting guard. His point guard was eric snow. Just b/c he's short doesn't mean he was a PG. He literally started at SG almost every game of his career.

Monta Ellis, pretty much the same thing. Stephen Curry is the PG of that team. Ellis is the starting 2 guard.

Now, Russell Westbrook, he is actually the starting PG for his team. He would qualify.

JayStar-8
07-20-2011, 04:21 PM
People that say CP3 or Deron need to reread the OP, its the Top PG scorer, not the Top overall PG. People on here argue that CP3 and Deron are pass first PGs, how the hell can they also be the top PG scorer. Add Nash to this statement too

umm what. Harris is a better scorer than Deron and CP3!?!?

JayStar-8
07-20-2011, 04:23 PM

Just because they are top passing pg's doesn't mean they also can't be top scoring pg's. That just shows how good they are.

Cool007
07-20-2011, 04:24 PM

Yeah, Harris is not that good of a scorer.

I would put Tony Parker right up there after Rose/Westbrook.

Slimsim
07-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Rose
Westbrook
Nash
D will

Shmontaine
07-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Dwill played injured last season. He shot 34.9 % after the trade to the nets because of his wrist injury. However, I still think D Rose is the best scoring pg.
He got exposed in the playoffs though, which really hurt his reputation as a great scoring pg.

drose has a higher career fg% than dwill...

drose wasn't exactly healthy in the playoffs last year either...

sammid21
07-20-2011, 05:08 PM

Harris was a stretch, but he looks to score more often than CP3 or DWill. I was going by a PG that scores and looks to score. CP3 and DWill dont look to score as often even if their team needs it from them, CP3 had to become Rose in the Lakers series to win it, but he looked to falicitate. Even tho he was a monster, but they needed way more scoring from him

They are capable of scoring but i dont consider them top scorers because they always look for the pass, thats their job

JayStar-8
07-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Harris was a stretch, but he looks to score more often than CP3 or DWill. I was going by a PG that scores and looks to score. CP3 and DWill dont look to score as often even if their team needs it from them, CP3 had to become Rose in the Lakers series to win it, but he looked to falicitate. Even tho he was a monster, but they needed way more scoring from him

They are capable of scoring but i dont consider them top scorers because they always look for the pass, thats their job

Sure CP3 and Dwill don't look to score as often as Rose and Westbrook since they are pure pg's, but that doesn't mean you should totally disregard them in this discussion. The numbers don't lie, they both are among the best pg scorers.
Rose is #1 in this aspect. Then I have Dwill and CP3, to round out the top 3. Other top pg scorers are Westbrook, Parker, and Nash.

JayStar-8
07-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Found this in the comparison section.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be easy to figure out who the players are

Player A
25 PPG/8 APG/4 RPG/20 Shots per game (55 TS%)

Player B
20 PPG/10 APG/4 RPG/14 Shots per game (56.5 TS%)

(I won't mention that Player B plays with an injured wrist on his shooting hand )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this brings up the question, can Player B score at least 5 points in 6 shots?

sammid21
07-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Sure CP3 and Dwill don't look to score as often as Rose and Westbrook since they are pure pg's, but that doesn't mean you should totally disregard them in this discussion. The numbers don't lie, they both are among the best pg scorers.
Rose is #1 in this aspect. Then I have Dwill and CP3, to round out the top 3. Other top pg scorers are Westbrook, Parker, and Nash.

Nash never averaged over 20 ppg, CP3s high ppg is 22 (twice over 20ppg) dwill only averaged once over 20ppg.

AI, Rose, Westbrook

They are capable of scoring just maybe not at the level that i consider top scoring PG. Thay are all top PG, its just that scoring should be more of a priority to be considered top scorer IMO.

But youre right Harris isnt a great scorer, i guess i was going by that one year where everyone was saying he was better than Rose

JayStar-8
07-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Nash never averaged over 20 ppg, CP3s high ppg is 22 (twice over 20ppg) dwill only averaged once over 20ppg.

AI, Rose, Westbrook

They are capable of scoring just maybe not at the level that i consider top scoring PG. Thay are all top PG, its just that scoring should be more of a priority to be considered top scorer IMO.

But youre right Harris isnt a great scorer, i guess i was going by that one year where everyone was saying he was better than Rose

lol, i remember that year. I was one of those people, haha. I thought he was a top 5 pg at that point.

Stack_NJNets
07-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Gilbert had one crazy season, also Jennings shows some crazy ability.

GoPacers33
07-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Allen Iverson

bearadonisdna
07-21-2011, 12:23 AM

derrick rose was not exposed. he proved in the playoffs he was a great scorer and only the likes of lebron james was able to slow him down.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Isaiah Thomas was pretty good.

Cool007
07-21-2011, 12:32 PM
This will be easy to figure out who the players are

Player A
25 PPG/8 APG/4 RPG/20 Shots per game (55 TS%)

Player B
20 PPG/10 APG/4 RPG/14 Shots per game (56.5 TS%)

(I won't mention that Player B plays with an injured wrist on his shooting hand )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this brings up the question, can Player B score at least 5 points in 6 shots?

That player B averaged 15 Shots per game NOT 14.

Player B had 21.1 PER while in his 6th season as a 26 year old and that is his HIGHEST PER of his career so far.

Player A averaged 19.7 Shots per game to score 25.

Player A had 23.3 PER in his 3rd year as a 22 year old.

You do the math.

Raph12
07-21-2011, 02:14 PM

This sounds about right...

Minimal
07-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Cp3

Tony_Starks
07-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Agent Zero was pretty sick in his hayday. Making game winners and walking off before the shot even goes in.....

DR_1
07-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Anyone who thinks Rose isnt the best scoring point guard is just a hater.