PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't the two NBA Sides Meeting?

GoPacers33
07-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Why aren't the two NBA sides meeting? If they won't to fix things then when why aren't they talking. Has someone heard otherwise

king4day
07-19-2011, 09:59 PM
I altered the title as it was misleading.

Not sure why they aren't meeting though. I thought I heard it was because the owners said they refuse to budge on their stance. If that's the case, then there's nothing a meeting can do to change things at this time.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Yeah they're making it worse for themselves.

Slug3
07-19-2011, 10:52 PM
I was actually wondering this myself earlier. I mean they are not even attempting to talk at the moment.

gaughan333
07-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Yeah, it is rather childish, but the owners are sticking to their demands.

Punk
07-20-2011, 02:07 AM
It's not that. They both will meet when September or around that date when the season gets closer. They want to negotiate when they have some stakes and jeopardy involved.

Stuckey#3
07-20-2011, 02:31 AM
I don't have a link... but Yahoo! sports reported late July or early August a couple days ago. Right now just low level representatives for the league and the players are meeting as preliminary meetings for what is to come. They also said that August is when the serious meetings began before the last lockout.

Stuckey#3
07-20-2011, 02:34 AM
Here's the link... next meeting is expected to be in early august:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Akw03ZR8TYJNSnWMCsNp2LS8vLYF?slug=ap-nbalabor

FuriousJatt
07-20-2011, 02:44 AM
damn this is stupid

HouRealCoach
07-20-2011, 03:23 AM
Really it just proves that they dont give a **** about basketball and all they care about is money but that is how everything in life is...

I honestly hope and pray that atleast 5 TOP STARS stay playing overseas and cause others to leave with them to teach them how ****ing worthless this is but I know that will never happen tho

DerekRE_3
07-20-2011, 03:40 AM
They want a lockout (the owners).

LakersIn5
07-20-2011, 08:55 AM
the lockout is turning out to be a blessing in disguise for us filipinos :P

Sly Guy
07-20-2011, 10:06 AM
it's a game is chicken, and the fans are standing between the two cars racing at each other.

sep11ie
07-20-2011, 10:24 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Why+aren%27t+the+NBA+sides+meeting%3F

PhillyFaninLA
07-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Why aren't the two NBA sides meeting? If they won't to fix things then when why aren't they talking. Has someone heard otherwise

The NFL new the CBA would a be a problem since 2008 or 2009 but the didn't meet and here we 2011 at training camp will start at least 3 days late. They didn't meet.

The NBA new for awhile (not sure exactly when they knew this would be a problem) and didn't meet before hand so we probably won't see a game in 2011 again.

To answer your question, the reason they aren't meeting now and didn't have a deal a new CBA ready to do a year ago is because its about leverage. Both sides want to control and pressure the other situation. The reason the NFL deal is getting done now is because the court stuff is done and owners are about to risk losing money. The NBA is in a bad situation because not only are they playing the leverage game but the fate of the league rests on the players getting screwed and the owners rewarded for the owners past mistakes. The owners ran there companies horribly offering more then they could afford and the players took what they where offered, a system needs to be in place to prevent the owners from making the same mistakes and ensuring 2/3 of the league isn't losing money.

The owners have to have leverage or the league will ultimately collapse and that would mean no more NBA. The owners have to wait out the players until they completely give in to a system that needs to be in place not the one that is.

PhillyFaninLA
07-20-2011, 10:39 AM
They want a lockout (the owners).

You do know that the lockout and CBA expiring are 2 completely different things.

The owners don't want a lockout, they have to lockout all non essential employees until a new CBA is reached. A company cannot exist without policy and letting employees show up without insurance, without policy, without any income will only result in bad things. A lockout is necessary with a CBA.

Dade County
07-20-2011, 10:41 AM

wtf... lol

This is the Owners fault, they gave their employes to much power; they also gave mediocre players large contracts, now they are dealing with the consequences.

todu82
07-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Hope they start talking soon but I think eventually they start talking and hopefully reach a settlement before the season's scheduled to start.

RCarlson85
07-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Unfortuantely, I don't think there is anything to discuss at this point. Neither side wants to give at all, so there's nothing to talk about. Until one or both sides are willing to give a little, nothing is going to get resolved.

llemon
07-20-2011, 02:01 PM
It's summertime. Everyone is on vacation.

RiLoc
07-20-2011, 03:55 PM

I love how that link's top result is this thread and the rest of the links are from before the lockout. lol