PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2012 Golden State Warriors schedule released

49GiantWarriors
07-19-2011, 07:52 PM
http://www.nba.com/warriors/schedule/

Our season kicks off on November 3.

GSW 2012 CHAMPS
07-19-2011, 07:58 PM
might just be me but do we play San Antonio a lot this season?

Monta is beast
07-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Im so excited for opening night...waite.

likemystylez
07-20-2011, 12:09 AM
so the schedule being relased doesnt mean the season is any more likely to start on time does it?

Does anybody know if there is even a scheduled bargaining meeting set up at the moment?

GSW 2012 CHAMPS
07-20-2011, 12:21 AM
so the schedule being relased doesnt mean the season is any more likely to start on time does it?

Does anybody know if there is even a scheduled bargaining meeting set up at the moment?

I don't think there is probably won't get serious until sometime next month anyway.

asandhu23
07-20-2011, 12:27 AM
why is the rum always gone?

likemystylez
07-20-2011, 09:45 AM
http://www.nba.com/warriors/schedule/

Our season kicks off on November 3.

LOL- so we are not even going to count the lakers game on november 2nd as the start of our season? I Know its a scheduled loss... but LOL you dont even think the season starts till after the game.

iFYouSeekAmy
07-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Mike Brown vs Mark Jackson. Time to back up your words, Jackson.

COOLbeans
07-20-2011, 04:43 PM
the warriors should make the playoffs this year.

Conor
07-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Looks like this schedule gives us a chance to get off to a good start. Although, as last season proved, a good start doesn't always translate into a good season..

likemystylez
07-20-2011, 09:33 PM
the warriors should make the playoffs this year.

what do you base that on? they have literally made no off season moves to the roster AND have an incomplete roster. My guess is the warriors PR will use the lock out as an excuse. They always have an excuse... during the trade deadline they said nobody was interested in expiring contracts for the first time in 30 years... ALSo Its not football where teams have different schedules... they play the same teams this year as they did last year.

Also even in best case scenerio Jackson wont have his young players in summer league and will likely be limited on pre season.

PolloLoco
07-28-2011, 10:39 PM

Actually - it's been rumored in a lot of places that talks are scheduled for next Monday. I don't think they'll be very productive however. I'm expecting to lose the whole season.

The big things that could change that would be if the gov rules against the owners and their lockout per the current lawsuit, a player gets hurt playing for peanuts abroad, or a player/players getting screwed out of paychecks elsewhere. The last has actually happened before.

COOLbeans
08-01-2011, 09:08 PM
might just be me but do we play San Antonio a lot this season?

i f'ing hate San Antonio.. and the f'ing Lakers. :) thoughts?

COOLbeans
08-01-2011, 09:11 PM
oh. and i hate the Kings, the Clippers, the Rockets, and the Nuggets. And i really loathe the Suns and Blazers..

the Wolves and Mavs are okay though..

COOLbeans
08-01-2011, 09:28 PM
what do you base that on? they have literally made no off season moves to the roster AND have an incomplete roster. My guess is the warriors PR will use the lock out as an excuse. They always have an excuse... during the trade deadline they said nobody was interested in expiring contracts for the first time in 30 years... ALSo Its not football where teams have different schedules... they play the same teams this year as they did last year.

Also even in best case scenerio Jackson wont have his young players in summer league and will likely be limited on pre season.

haha is this a joke? assuming we make a move in FA, what makes u think that we cant make the playoffs? If we add a good player to the roster (C, SF whatever) then there's a good chance that we can be real deep for next season.

likemystylez
08-01-2011, 11:54 PM
haha is this a joke? assuming we make a move in FA, what makes u think that we cant make the playoffs? If we add a good player to the roster (C, SF whatever) then there's a good chance that we can be real deep for next season.

those are all ifs though, I mean if we find a way to bring lebron james, dwight howard and chris paul... then yes we could make the playoffs and prob have a chance at a ring....

but we have to look at what we do have on the roster.... not what might happen when making an assesment like the warriors should make the play offs.... as of now they havent made any significant upgrades to the roster. The rookies are yet to be proven upgrades.

and please dont make the argument that mark jackson is an upgrade....its an impossible point to argue..... which makes it questionable at the very least.