PDA

View Full Version : Shaquille O'Neal: 'Big 2' lead Miami

haggis
07-19-2011, 05:37 PM
MIAMI -- Shaquille O'Neal's debut as a full-fledged NBA analyst had him raving about LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

As for Chris Bosh?

Apparently, Shaq's not a big fan of his work.

During NBA TV's show Tuesday to announce the league's schedule for the 2011-12 season -- one jeopardized by a lockout -- O'Neal referred to the Heat as having a "Big 2." Since Bosh, Wade and James teamed up in Miami, they've been called the "Big 3" in many circles.

"The Miami Heat, they've got a lot of great players, the `Big 2.' They will be back," O'Neal said from Louisiana during the broadcast, when discussing the NBA finals and how Dallas was able to beat Miami for the title. "LeBron James is taking a lot of criticism, but I know LeBron very well. He hears everything that everyone is saying, so I think he's going to come back and have an MVP year this year."

After the discussion turned to O'Neal's health and his decision to retire, the talk was steered back to his "Big 2" comment.

O'Neal laughed off the notion that a controversy was already getting started.

"Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, you know, they're great players, they're probably the greatest backcourt ever assembled," O'Neal said. "And you know, they're going to get back. They're going to get back. They play well, they went through a lot, they put a lot of pressure on themselves. That's how they like it. And they will be back."

O'Neal was a teammate of James and Wade in the past. Wade and O'Neal were starters for Miami's 2006 NBA championship team.

He said he expects the Los Angeles Lakers, the Boston Celtics, Orlando Magic and the Heat to have strong seasons but suggested an "underdog" will emerge as the next NBA champion.

"There's a lot of great teams out there," O'Neal said.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/6784244/shaquille-oneal-says-miami-heat-led-big-2-leaves-chris-bosh

Oh, Shaqtus. The fun has begun as an analyst.

Spiggity_ace
07-19-2011, 05:48 PM
shaq just doesn't wanna give credit where credit is due, and greatest backcourt ever LOL, wades a guard but lebrons a forward unlses he started playing pg lately

Cal827
07-19-2011, 05:50 PM
lol Bosh gets no love anywhere

Ebbs
07-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Yea even when Bosh is the most consistent of the 3 in the playoffs he still gets no love.

North Yorker
07-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Greatest backcourt ever?

Really Shaq? You played in the league for like 20 years and you dont know what positions make up the backcourt?

RLundi
07-19-2011, 06:06 PM
All this is coming from the guy who once referred to Bosh as the 'RuPaul of big men.'

Clearly, there's some sort of grudge.

Cue the waterworks again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15tSDz2c6pA

sventhedog
07-19-2011, 06:13 PM
best backcourt? probably best backcourt in an allstar-team where everyone just throws the ball up and waits for someone else to dunk it.

shaq probably hates most bigmen because of his ego. i don't think he can accept another bigman helping someone to win a title because he sees it as "his thing."

i would agree with him on the big 2: lebron and wade for the 3 quarters, then it becomes wade and bosh in the 4th quarter when lebron disappears.

FlakeyFool
07-19-2011, 06:22 PM
It is the big 2, not Big 3.

naps
07-19-2011, 06:27 PM
He probably meant greatest wing pair, not necessarily a SG and PG tandem, which I don't think he's too far off. I can't find a wing pair as talented as they are. Now the future holds how successful they are going to be. That's another story, but they are probably the most talented wing pair in history, can't recall another wing tandem who were arguably the best two players on the planet.

And Shaq has personal history of disliking Bosh. So obviously he's gonna underrate Bosh. But one thing is for sure, TNT is gonna be so much fun to watch and Shaq is not scared of expressing his opinions whether their right or wrong. Gotta love the guy. Probably the most colorful character in nba history on and off the court.

Cano4prez
07-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Ironic considering Bosh was probably the most consistent of the 3 and had an outstanding playoff run

John Walls Era
07-19-2011, 06:29 PM
I like Shaq, can't wait to hear his unbiased analysis on TNT :laugh2:.

CB is good though, I don't get why he hates him.

TheRunKiller
07-19-2011, 06:33 PM
No one likes RuPaul Bosh

naps
07-19-2011, 06:39 PM
No one likes RuPaul Bosh

Apparently a lot of people do, including myself.

ewmania
07-19-2011, 06:44 PM
bosh is a good player

but he's right big 2... just because a player has a good playoff run we automatically call him a superstar?

lets face with the duo of bron and wade anyone else could of took the place of bosh, he basically lives at the perimeter most of the time

JayAllDay
07-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Shaq is correct.

Lebron is the ultimate back court player. WTF? How the hell is he a front court player? Just because he's listed as a forward?

It's not necessarily 1,2 = Back court and 3,4,5 = Front court. It's where you operate in the offense.

John Walls Era
07-19-2011, 06:47 PM
bosh is a good player

but he's right big 2... just because a player has a good playoff run we automatically call him a superstar?

lets face with the duo of bron and wade anyone else could of took the place of bosh, he basically lives at the perimeter most of the time

So when do we label players as superstars? In the preseason?

If Wade and Lebron were so great then why did Lebron struggle so much in the finals? Bosh was easily their most consistent players and hit clutch shots for the Heat. Also his help D was one of the best Ive ever seen from him.

ewmania
07-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Shaq is correct.

Lebron is the ultimate back court player. WTF? How the hell is a front court player? Just because he's listed as a forward?

It's not necessarily 1,2 = Back court and 3,4,5 = Front court. It's where you operate in the offense.

^^ for the record he's right

because suns run and gun offense they 4's plays the backcourt

and lebron controlled the ball most of the time and played the backcourt

ewmania
07-19-2011, 06:49 PM
So when do we label players as superstars? In the preseason?

If Wade and Lebron were so great then why did Lebron struggle so much in the finals? Bosh was easily their most consistent players and hit clutch shots for the Heat. Also his help D was one of the best Ive ever seen from him.

if lebron's not so great how did he get a struggling 4 year team to the finals?

EDIT; and kobe struggled in the game 7 boston series in the finals in 2010.. so that means means nothing, lebron is still flat out the best player on that team and wade is 2nd.. bosh and anyone else is replaceable

CB29
07-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Yea even when Bosh is the most consistent of the 3 in the playoffs he still gets no love.

i didn't realize that bosh took over a lot of games in the playoffs... def showed up in the finals didn't he? O wait no he didn't... You have to realize this, he gets paid the same amount as wade and lebron and is nowhere near their level.... lebron and wade are two of the greatest players of our generation.... Bosh simply does not fit into this category... It is the big 2. He hasn't done enoguh ever... Wade and lebron carried incredibly substandard teams to latter rounds of the playoffs bosh didn.t

SteBO
07-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Bosh is as important to Miami as they are, whether you want to accept that or not. Bosh is the beneficiary of the unselfishness of LeBron and Wade, and when he's hitting his mid range shot, it makes Miami that much more difficult to guard. I know Shaq has had a history of disliking Bosh in many ways, but he's highly underrating his impact on Miami. Sorry Shaq, it's the "big 3". Accept it for what it is.

SteBO
07-19-2011, 07:05 PM
i didn't realize that bosh took over a lot of games in the playoffs... def showed up in the finals didn't he? O wait no he didn't... You have to realize this, he gets paid the same amount as wade and lebron and is nowhere near their level.... lebron and wade are two of the greatest players of our generation.... Bosh simply does not fit into this category... It is the big 2. He hasn't done enoguh ever... Wade and lebron carried incredibly substandard teams to latter rounds of the playoffs bosh didn.t
Yet despite all of what you're saying, which is true, Bosh is still a star in this league. Calling it a "big 2" isn't a huge deal to me, but reality is, Shaq is underselling Bosh heavily, and that isn't right.

justinnum1
07-19-2011, 07:14 PM
lol, bosh is turning into the most underrated player

h2r09
07-19-2011, 07:14 PM
of course bosh isnt as good as lebron and wade. people need to stop comparing them. there can be a big 3 and 1 of them not be as good as the other 2.

bosh is a star player in the league and the most important part of our team.

h2r09
07-19-2011, 07:17 PM

bosh put up his season averages most of the finals. he showed up. it would help the heat if we had a capable pg and a center who didnt play defense on both sides of the ball.

masTOR_shake1
07-19-2011, 07:17 PM
bosh is a good player

I don't like bosh but come on dude :facepalm:. If bosh were a first option he would be putting up better numbers than amare. miami had the option of signing amare, boozer and bosh and they went after bosh. he clearly is a star and his career stats and gold medal reflect that.

naps
07-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Bosh is an allstar. You can easily call 3 allstars a "Big Three." They don't have to be equal in talent level.

smood999
07-19-2011, 07:33 PM
bosh is a good player..but this is nothing new...and its not just shaq...bosh does not get much respect from his peers in general...maybe actual players just feel his overrated..idk..i know amare and shaq do...durant called him out earlier this season...

Slimsim
07-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Even though Amare > Bosh

Bosh is still a Allstar and a top 5 PF in the NBA

Catfish1314
07-19-2011, 07:41 PM
LeBron and Wade are two of the best players in the league. Bosh is a top 15-20 player. It's not unreasonable to refer to LeBron and Wade as the "Big 2" because they are head and shoulders above Bosh. But Bosh is still a really good player and Shaq never cared for him, so it's not difficult to see the motivation behind that.

HouRealCoach
07-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Thisa is the same guy that said PHX will be the most dominant team ever

naps
07-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Even though Amare > Bosh

Bosh is still a Allstar and a top 5 PF in the NBA

Bosh > Amare. (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633786)

smith&wesson
07-19-2011, 07:47 PM
oh relax guys. you know what he means. he is talking about the wings, just because he refered to them as back court doesnt mean that he is wrong.

also i dont know if you guys know.. but shaq and bosh simply dont like eachother. it all started back when shaq called chris the ruepaul of big men. again he isnt really wrong there .

ewmania
07-19-2011, 08:36 PM
I don't like bosh but come on dude :facepalm:. If bosh were a first option he would be putting up better numbers than amare. miami had the option of signing amare, boozer and bosh and they went after bosh. he clearly is a star and his career stats and gold medal reflect that.

i hate when people bring up irrelevant things in debate... what does amare have to do with anything, oh wait he's on my sig good job :clap::clap:

and for the record, amare attacks the basket more than bosh, a better player than bosh and he was putting up MVP numbers in the 07-08 season in PHX, dont get it confused amare has always been dominate its just more noticed in NY

GhostfaceDrilla
07-19-2011, 08:37 PM
If he considers LeBron as a backcourt player then he still is wrong because in that case, Jordan/Pippen would be number 1.

Jordan>LeBron
Pippen> or at least = Wade

ewmania
07-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Bosh > Amare. (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633786)

are u telling me with those same exact players amare had when he first came to NYK bosh could of done the same thing? Lol

just like what he didn't do in toronto Lol, and toronto had a deeper team than us lmao

AIsixersFK
07-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Thisa is the same guy that said PHX will be the most dominant team ever

Isn't this the same guy who's under investigation for havin a gang member killed cause he couldn't keep his "big three" in his pants

CB29
07-19-2011, 08:40 PM
bosh put up his season averages most of the finals. he showed up. it would help the heat if we had a capable pg and a center who didnt play defense on both sides of the ball.

I'm not making a point as to whether he's a good player or not. Of course he's one of the better basketball players on the planet. However, he's overrated in terms of the big 3... He's an average defender at best, good mid range but heavily reliant on it and very little consistncy. Not a superstar by any means... Thats all i'm saying.. Kinda strange though that he's playing with lebron and wade and posting lower numbers when only them 3 score. He can't impact on glass and defense either. So def not a star in my book. Just an above average player.

CB29
07-19-2011, 08:42 PM
i hate when people bring up irrelevant things in debate... what does amare have to do with anything, oh wait he's on my sig good job :clap::clap:

and for the record, amare attacks the basket more than bosh, a better player than bosh and he was putting up MVP numbers in the 07-08 season in PHX, dont get it confused amare has always been dominate its just more noticed in NY

He was playing with a dude called nash. You don't get when mvp consideration when u got a baller like that playin with you.

Avenged
07-19-2011, 08:45 PM
The talent Wade and Bron possess outdoes that of Bosh but it doesn't mean it should be "big 2". Who cares really? Bosh is an important piece for their team and the Heat wouldn't have gotten as far as they did without him.

CB29
07-19-2011, 08:46 PM
The talent Wade and Bron possess outdoes that of Bosh but it doesn't mean it should be "big 2". Who cares really? Bosh is an important piece for their team and the Heat wouldn't have gotten as far as they did without him.

Yes but was it wise to spend a 115 million over 6 years for him.

naps
07-19-2011, 08:51 PM
are u telling me with those same exact players amare had when he first came to NYK bosh could of done the same thing? Lol

just like what he didn't do in toronto Lol, and toronto had a deeper team than us lmao

I am not gonna go with any speculation. But there are plenty of reasons explained in that thread why Bosh is better than Amare.

Rego247
07-19-2011, 08:54 PM
He is right there is no big 3. Rupaul isn't on Wade and Lebron's level not even close.

SteBO
07-19-2011, 08:55 PM
He is right there is no big 3. Rupaul isn't on Wade and Lebron's level not even close.
I was just waiting for you to find this thread :D

Rego247
07-19-2011, 08:56 PM

tell emm.

Rego247
07-19-2011, 08:57 PM

:laugh2: you know it.

sventhedog
07-19-2011, 08:57 PM
how are they supposed to be the best backcourt if one of them disappears at times?

shouldn't that be just: best backcourt except in finals, best backcourt except in 4th quarters, or just best shooting guard and his dog? lol.

CB29
07-19-2011, 08:59 PM

wait till saddler finds out.

Rego247
07-19-2011, 09:07 PM
wait till saddler finds out.

That's when the fun begins.

Sadds The Gr8
07-19-2011, 09:20 PM
No one likes RuPaul Bosh

this. Everyone hates the Rupaul of the NBA. Shaq's right, Big 3 my hairy ***

Stuckey#3
07-19-2011, 09:43 PM
if lebron's not so great how did he get a struggling 4 year team to the finals?

EDIT; and kobe struggled in the game 7 boston series in the finals in 2010.. so that means means nothing, lebron is still flat out the best player on that team and wade is 2nd.. bosh and anyone else is replaceable

Again... did you watch game seven of the 2010 Finals?

Kobe's shot wasn't falling; that's true... but he contributed on D and pulled down 15 rebounds.

That's the difference between Kobe and Lebron. You can pull out LeQueen's stats all day; but you won't see the truth: When his shot isn't falling his entire game shuts down. He might get a flashy steal, block or assist here or there; but he becomes inconstent and loses when it counts.

Stuckey#3
07-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Bosh is my second favorite heat player next to Wade... I honestly think Lebron buddy ****ed both of them by signing with Miami. They could have signed at least 2-3 more quality starters with the money they wasted on brick. Maybe a true Center and a decent PG.

h2r09
07-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Again... did you watch game seven of the 2010 Finals?

Kobe's shot wasn't falling; that's true... but he contributed on D and pulled down 15 rebounds.

That's the difference between Kobe and Lebron. You can pull out LeQueen's stats all day; but you won't see the truth: When his shot isn't falling his entire game shuts down. He might get a flashy steal, block or assist here or there; but he becomes inconstent and loses when it counts.

blind statements with 1 game sample size of backup FTW!!!!

2010 vs boston, game 6, lebron goes 8-21, still gets 19 rebounds and 10 assists 3 steals and a block.
2011 vs dallas, game 5, lebron goes 8-19, still gets 10 rebounds, 10 assists.

your statement is actually completely wrong. kobe very rarely has a huge contribution when he isnt scoring. he isnt a world class defender anymore and doesnt play and all around game. lebron does everything, literally EVERYTHING you can imagine and he is the most versatile player in the league to the point where he doesnt need to score to make an enormous impact.

h2r09
07-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Bosh is my second favorite heat player next to Wade... I honestly think Lebron buddy ****ed both of them by signing with Miami. They could have signed at least 2-3 more quality starters with the money they wasted on brick. Maybe a true Center and a decent PG.

yup, you are completely right. brendan haywood and raymond felton brings MUCH more value to the heat then Lebron James

SteBO
07-19-2011, 10:03 PM
yup, you are completely right. brendan haywood and raymond felton brings MUCH more value to the heat then Lebron James
Exactly. But believe it or not, the day before we even signed Wade & Bosh, people down here actually tried to argue that getting Raymond Felton and Brendan Haywood would be better than signing LeBron. It's sad really.

Chronz
07-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Greatest backcourt ever?

Really Shaq? You played in the league for like 20 years and you dont know what positions make up the backcourt?

Bingo

Stuckey#3
07-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Exactly. But believe it or not, the day before we even signed Wade & Bosh, people down here actually tried to argue that getting Raymond Felton and Brendan Haywood would be better than signing LeBron. It's sad really.

Who knows... maybe they would have won a championship.

Stuckey#3
07-19-2011, 10:21 PM

I would rather have two solid starters to support my two stars the entire game then a third superstar that disappears in the fourth quarter when it counts.

Stuckey#3
07-19-2011, 10:22 PM
blind statements with 1 game sample size of backup FTW!!!!

2010 vs boston, game 6, lebron goes 8-21, still gets 19 rebounds and 10 assists 3 steals and a block.
2011 vs dallas, game 5, lebron goes 8-19, still gets 10 rebounds, 10 assists.

Stats, stats and more stats. No ring.

gwrighter
07-19-2011, 10:30 PM

check yo facts son.

2009-2010 raptors going into all-star break with bosh = (29-23) win% = .557
link (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201002100TOR.html)

2010-2011 knicks with only Amare going into all-star break = (28-26) win% =.518
link (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201102160NYK.html)

Raps were in fact better than the knicks.

Bosh is a very good player. As much as people don't like to admit the guys got skills. I was surprised that Spo didn't try to run the offense through bosh during the Dal series when LBJ + Wade failed.

The raptors during the 2009-2010 season finished 5th in offensive rating & were at one time 1st with bosh as the #1 option on offense. Ppl tend to forget how good of an offensive player he really is.

& he was also in the MVP discussion in 2009-2010 so pay respect where its due.

Ebbs
07-19-2011, 10:35 PM

Lol bitter Toronto fans.

Umm Bosh had the toughest time in the Boston series but he played well in the finals and was huge in the Bulls series. WHat playoffs did you watch?

No he isn't LeBron and Wade who are going to be mentioned amongst the greatest all time but is that the standard to get paid a contract of that value? I don't think so since many players in the league make that kind of money. You take Bosh off Miami I don't see anyway there in the finals.

He carried a sit Toronto team to the playoffs how people forget I don't know.

lol, bosh is turning into the most underrated player

This.

Sadds The Gr8
07-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Lol bitter Toronto fans.

Umm Bosh had the toughest time in the Boston series but he played well in the finals and was huge in the Bulls series. WHat playoffs did you watch?

No he isn't LeBron and Wade who are going to be mentioned amongst the greatest all time but is that the standard to get paid a contract of that value? I don't think so since many players in the league make that kind of money. You take Bosh off Miami I don't see anyway there in the finals.

2/7. he sure did carry us to the playoffs alot in his tenure...

:cricket:

CB29
07-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Lol bitter Toronto fans.

Hardly. That 3rd seed toronto was possibly the weakest conference in nba history... Also, bosh had great help in bargnani, ford, garbajosa, calderon and parker...And guess what we lost to the nets in the playoffs... He isn't a leader... This year, he had a decent series against the bulls, played atrociusly against the celts and mavs and hid in wades and lebrons shadow against philly... 1 good series = worth it? Lebron and wade did everything... Lebron was out of his mind against chicago...Wade dominated the celts and both lebron and wade were solid against philly... Bosh didn't do much for such a hyped acquisition for miami.

Rego247
07-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Lol bitter Toronto fans.

This.

Congrats for carrying a team to the playoffs twice in the east and winning 3 whole playoffs games in 7 years. That's a huuuge accomplishment. :clap::clap:

You must have some ****ed up barometer for success, either that or you don't know what your talking about.

gaughan333
07-19-2011, 11:30 PM
I honestly don't care. I'm very sick of the term big 3 anyway, seems like half the teams in the league have one now.

Sadds The Gr8
07-19-2011, 11:46 PM
I honestly don't care. I'm very sick of the term big 3 anyway, seems like half the teams in the league have one now.

agreed. it's so overused and annoying.

Avenged
07-20-2011, 12:44 AM

Haha, definitely not better than arguably the best player in the game (only cause I like Dwight better :p).. But acquiring Felton and Haywood in place of Bosh? I can definitely see that working a lot more.

MTar786
07-20-2011, 04:11 AM
bosh is so under rated. if it werent for him miami would have been swept in the finals. he was unarguably the second best player on the heat in the finals behind wade

sventhedog
07-20-2011, 06:53 AM
bosh is so under rated. if it werent for him miami would have been swept in the finals. he was unarguably the second best player on the heat in the finals behind wade

are you insinuating that lebron is overrated?

Master Mind
07-20-2011, 08:22 AM

:facepalm:

MagicHero3
07-20-2011, 08:29 AM
i feel like this is wrong. Bosh was more productive than wade or lebron in the finals right? i could be wrong but he was just as productive if not than more productive.

justinnum1
07-20-2011, 08:41 AM
lmfao

pebloemer
07-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Ironic considering Bosh was probably the most consistent of the 3 and had an outstanding playoff run

Yah, Bosh was quietly consistent throughout the playoffs. But he is definitely not a star in the fashion that Wade and LeBron are. Shaq tends to use hyperbole for entertainment, so no surprise he isn't giving Bosh a fair critique.

I like Shaq, can't wait to hear his unbiased analysis on TNT :laugh2:.

CB is good though, I don't get why he hates him.

I'm not sure either. A finesse big with a shooting touch is definitely a very different player than Shaq though. But his hate for Bosh seems quite overboard...

MagicHero3
07-20-2011, 08:57 AM
i hope shaq isnt a dick as a newscaster. his ego is huge so i can see him talkin trash, which is annoying to hear from news broadcasters

Dade County
07-20-2011, 09:15 AM
I didn't think about this until right now...

Shaq might interview Kobe in a one on one :) crazy right!

If Shaq goes into, why he really got traded (type of talk) lol

kurivaimu
07-20-2011, 09:16 AM
congrats for carrying a team to the playoffs twice in the east and winning 3 whole playoffs games in 7 years. That's a huuuge accomplishment. :clap::clap:

You must have some ****ed up barometer for success, either that or you don't know what your talking about.

+1

kurivaimu
07-20-2011, 09:26 AM
There really shouldn't be a debate whether Bosh is better than Amare or not. The fact is, he's not. Amare is much more of a threat to the opposing team who requires constant double teams in order to be controlled. Bosh atm is a third wheel who makes is stats by open looks, he gets his rebounds because there really isnt noone else on the Heat team who can rebound, and is just as awful at 1-1 defense as is Amare. You may argue that Bosh also required double teams while playing for Toronto, but that was just because he was a huge thing of what they were doing and by (obviously not doing much) shutting him down teams killed off the raptors. Thats the sad part, because no real star can't be taken out of a game like that; when u take away a stars scoring, they need to look for other ways to be effective, but the fact is that Bosh just faded.

In terms of carrying their respective teams, this debate isn't even close. Yes, Bosh managed to get to the POs with the raptors but only managed to win three games in a conference that was so-so weak. I mean, you needed some 38-44 record to get into the POs in the east at that time. In contrast, Amare got to the conference finals twice in a very tough conference, and at one point, say what you want, but the Suns would have won the whole thing if it had not been for the refs and suspensions. To illustrate the point of carrying a team, Amare averaged some 37 points again a Tim Duncan and Spurs in their prime in the conf finals. Enough said.

dodie53
07-20-2011, 09:36 AM
ok shaq

king4day
07-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Shaq will need to curb his hatred as an analyst. Bosh was probably their most consistent player in the finals.

h2r09
07-20-2011, 09:51 AM
I would rather have two solid starters to support my two stars the entire game then a third superstar that disappears in the fourth quarter when it counts.

simple as this then, you are a loser and if you are a general manager your team would be too. it is completely ridiculous to even contemplate arguing that having brenden ****ing haywood, the biggest waste of space in the nba, and raymond felton who is an average pg, have more value to a team than lebron. not to mention that those 2 combined make a few million more then lebron.

h2r09
07-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Stats, stats and more stats. No ring.

so now that i completely dismiss your argument you make a completely different point?

mjm07
07-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Lebron=SuperStar
Wade=SuperStar
Bosh=All-Star

= Big 3!

End thread please.

Amare is better than bosh...but not by much. Both would provide the same amount of points and Amare more rebounds as the "3rd star" with Miami.

mjm07
07-20-2011, 10:14 AM
simple as this then, you are a loser and if you are a general manager your team would be too. it is completely ridiculous to even contemplate arguing that having brenden ****ing haywood, the biggest waste of space in the nba, and raymond felton who is an average pg, have more value to a team than lebron. not to mention that those 2 combined make a few million more then lebron.

Not to mention that Lebron avgs more or the same amount of points rebounds and assists when you combine Felton/Haywoods stats together.
As well as more being effificient.

But aside from that, yeah Felton and haywood wouldve been better.

SteBO
07-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Not to mention that Lebron avgs more or the same amount of points rebounds and assists when you combine Felton/Haywoods stats together.
As well as more being effificient.

But aside from that, yeah Felton and haywood wouldve been better.
:confused: you're not serious are you?

mjm07
07-20-2011, 10:35 AM
:confused: you're not serious are you?

You didn't detect the sarcasm? Next time i'll be more obvious. :facepalm: lol

gwrighter
07-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Amare is much more of a threat to the opposing team who requires constant double teams in order to be controlled. Bosh atm is a third wheel who makes is stats by open looks, he gets his rebounds because there really isnt noone else on the Heat team who can rebound, and is just as awful at 1-1 defense as is Amare.

I'm working in a frame of reference that includes only stats & analysis from Bosh's peak season as a Raptor in 2009-2010.

Bosh's usage in 2010-2011 was completely different from what it was in Toronto. Bosh also commanded double teams from the tip-off in 2009-2010. so it's not fair to say that Amare is better than Bosh because Bosh chose to not be the man in Mia & Amare chose to be the man NYK. That does not in itself make Amare a better player.

You may argue that Bosh also required double teams while playing for Toronto, but that was just because he was a huge thing of what they were doing and by (obviously not doing much) shutting him down teams killed off the raptors.

Teams did not shut down the Raptors. The only player that could limit Bosh was J-Smoove. The Raps in 2009-2010 were 5th in offensive rating but dead last in defensive rating. The Raps couldn't stop other teams from scoring, thats why we lost.

Thats the sad part, because no real star can't be taken out of a game like that; when u take away a stars scoring, they need to look for other ways to be effective, but the fact is that Bosh just faded.

He didn't just fade, he averaged close to 11 rebs per game. He would get his rebs night in night out check his 2009-2010 game logs if you don't believe me.

In terms of carrying their respective teams, this debate isn't even close. Yes, Bosh managed to get to the POs with the raptors but only managed to win three games in a conference that was so-so weak. I mean, you needed some 38-44 record to get into the POs in the east at that time. In contrast, Amare got to the conference finals twice in a very tough conference, and at one point, say what you want, but the Suns would have won the whole thing if it had not been for the refs and suspensions. To illustrate the point of carrying a team, Amare averaged some 37 points again a Tim Duncan and Spurs in their prime in the conf finals. Enough said.

Playing with a top-10 PG of all time definitely had something to do with the Phoenix's success in the regular season & playoffs. Take either Nash or Amare away from those teams & they would not have gotten into the playoffs.

I know fellow PSD Raptors fans are probably looking at my posts saying why the **** is he defending Bosh? But to be honest, the Raptors have gotten a lot of flack over the years based on misinformation & pure ignorance(not saying you are). I'm defending the player because at the time he was a Raptor & I am a Raptor fan through & through.

WadeKobe
07-20-2011, 11:36 AM
If he considers LeBron as a backcourt player then he still is wrong because in that case, Jordan/Pippen would be number 1.

Jordan>LeBron
Pippen> or at least = Wade

Every single analyst has said otherwise. Every. Single. One.

WadeKobe
07-20-2011, 11:39 AM

Why does everyone ask this? Amar'e got more than this. Joe Johnson got more than this.

The fact is that we paid less for Bosh than someone else would have. Everyone brings up how much we paid for him, but the fact is that anything less than a max deal was a "discount" and Bosh taking a paycut.

But then, because people wanted to believe they could find a chink in our armor, they found whatever they could to bash. So it became fashionable to question Bosh and to say that he wasn't worth what we paid for him, maybe we should have done something else, Bosh got away with a huge contract, etc, etc.

The fact is Bosh, in this league right now, is a max-deal player and a franchise cornerstone. He's on a team with 2 guys who dwarf him in talent, but that doens't take away from how good he is, or how good and how consistent he has been for us.

The criticism this guy endures just for being willing to be a 3rd wheel is incredible. What a standup, humble guy.

WadeKobe
07-20-2011, 11:42 AM

how are they supposed to be the best backcourt if one of them disappears at times?

shouldn't that be just: best backcourt except in finals, best backcourt except in 4th quarters, or just best shooting guard and his dog? lol.

Butthurt? U Mad?

I love posters and people like this who do whatever they can do bash James and act like he's not really as good as everyone knows he is. Yet, a year ago, everyone wanted him on their team. As Mark Cuban said, there isn't an owner in the league right now who wouldn't want him and wouldn't be willing to pay him a max contract.

Hugbees
07-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Bosh as guest analyst early in the season paleeeze! HAHHAHAHA

WadeKobe
07-20-2011, 12:05 PM

Nice cliche stupidity. Real nice. "Disappears in the 4th quarter". You wouldn't because if LeBron wanted to play for your team you'd want to sign him in a heartbeat. Also, he doesn't disappear in 4th quarters. He did in one series, which happened to be the most important series not to, but it didn't have to do with the series. It had to do with the way things worked out throoughout the entire playoffs.

James did what he was supposed to do - play bad basketball and succeed. He was supposed to take hero-ball 3-pointers which are a low percentage shot, and make them. Because "that's what superstars do." Except, it's not what superstars do but that's beside the point.

So, he did it, for the Bulls and Celtics series.... in the 4th quarter. He shot .435 and .389 from 3-point range in those two series, and his best shooting was in the 4th quarters.

So in game 2 of the NBA Finals, when they were cruising, they kept doing what they were "supposed to do" in the public's eyes - keep taking hero-ball shots. The only problem, their heat ran out, the spike in the graph came back down, and the sample-size gods won the day. Bron started missing all his 3's, and couldn't do anything to make one (because there is no such thing as a hot hand, just peaks and valleys). Well, they lost the game, and LeBron lost a lot of confidence and it took a while to recover.

So, actually the same exact thing that people would praise him for in the Boston and Chicago series, was the same exact thing that led to his slumping in the Finals.

Sample-sizes are a *****, and it proves that hero-ball is nonsense, and the public are pure idiots for judging a player off of how well he can play bad basketball.

**** the whole "4th quarter" idiocy. Get a life, learn to understand the game of basketball.

SteBO
07-20-2011, 12:07 PM
You didn't detect the sarcasm? Next time i'll be more obvious. :facepalm: lol
No I guess I didn't, but based on that facepalm I guess you're more hurt over it than I am (I'm not BTW).

Also, I agree with everything Wade>Kobe stated above me.

mjm07
07-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Ughm ok thanks for letting me know youre not. Wasn't even trying to bait/start something, Mr. Moderator. Pple here need to relax! Blogging is just for fun!

+2 with Wade>kobe's comments.

ghettosean
07-20-2011, 12:32 PM

Dude I think your being a little harsh... Shaq said the big 2 will be back (saying Bosh is not part of the big three). All the person said who you were slamming (badly I might add) was that Bosh can be and is a franchise player. Amare and Bosh play the same position and the person is right Bosh's #'s were better than Amare's before he joined Miami.

He's just saying Bosh deserves respect nothing more nothing less...

ghettosean
07-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I'll say this... I think Bosh was the most consistent player in the playoffs for Miami and he had a better shooting % then Lebron in the playoffs in General and in the finals. Honestly everyone is slamming Bosh but he's just sacraficing his game so Lebron can get his but honestly Lebron needs to recognise the hot hand and if someone is on fire "GIVE HIM THE ****ING BALL!!!".

How the guy with the worst shooting % out of the big 3 is taking most of the shots will mystify me until next season!

Oh and just a side note it's obvious I think Bosh is a great player (I'm from Toronto by the way)... So I'll defend him now but when Shaq lays into him on TNT I'll be laughing my @$$ off --> NO DOUBT!!! LOL!!!

rapjuicer06
07-20-2011, 12:49 PM
If Shaq is going to say that Bosh isn't on the level of Wade and Lebron, he's not wrong. But if he's going to say that its not a big three...he's way wrong. I'd take Bosh over about any other PF. I think Bosh and Wade would actually make a better team than with Bosh, Wade and Lebron. Wade and Bosh compliment each other very well. Lebron needs to be on his own team with good compliment players, good shooters, good defenders. Put Lebron with a good PF (Scola) and a good shooting PG (Jameer Nelson) a decent C (Gortat) and a shooting guard who can play some defense and shoot the three (Wesley Matthews) that'd be the perfect supporting cast for him.

Nelson
Matthews
Lebron
Scola
Gortat

I think Bosh and Wade would be a perfect two man tandom together.

h2r09
07-20-2011, 01:39 PM
I know bosh wouldnt ever do this, but i wish he would say the following on twitter.

"I guess I can only make us a big 3 if i can be more like shaq: show up out of shape every year, fake injuries, and only be interested in playing in the playoffs."

John Walls Era
07-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Is Shaq going to bully people when hes on TNT. Its funny, but I hope its not just constant beat downs for the sake of his own legacy.

TBH Chris Bosh probably plays better when hes being targeted, but it makes you think if he probably should've signed with another team (He should've signed with the Bulls).

llemon
07-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Why would anyone pay attention to anything Shaq says.

Shaq is an even bigger idiot than Barkley.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-20-2011, 01:45 PM
I know bosh wouldnt ever do this, but i wish he would say the following on twitter.

"I guess I can only make us a big 3 if i can be more like shaq: show up out of shape every year, fake injuries, and only be interested in playing in the playoffs."

That's a good one, but Chris Bosh has probably not said one single trash talk thing in his life lol.

llemon
07-20-2011, 01:53 PM
That's a good one, but Chris Bosh has probably not said one single trash talk thing in his life lol.

Well, he did kinda trash talk the fans of the NBA, saying how enjoyed playing with the fans' heads during the FA period.

rapjuicer06
07-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Why would anyone pay attention to anything Shaq says.

Shaq is an even bigger idiot than Barkley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cUzJn83n9k

Round 2 coming?

Missing56&33
07-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Bosh is soft, no question about that. The crying **** needs to stop. He needs to put his feminine side in check. AFter the Knicks get a hold of him , he will be a straight up Bit**.

naps
07-20-2011, 03:03 PM
When you got the best SG, best SF, and one of the best PFs in the league, you do have a "Big 3."

WadeKobe
07-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Bosh is soft, no question about that. The crying **** needs to stop. He needs to put his feminine side in check. AFter the Knicks get a hold of him , he will be a straight up Bit**.

So it's feminine to be such a strong competitor that your own disappointment with yourself could bring tears? Get off the macho kick. It's ****ing lame. There's nothing wrong or "feminine" about crying. STFU.

MrfadeawayJB
07-20-2011, 03:09 PM

this. But we all knew going in he would be the scapegoat if the heat faltered

sammid21
07-20-2011, 03:28 PM
So it's feminine to be such a strong competitor that your own disappointment with yourself could bring tears? Get off the macho kick. It's ****ing lame. There's nothing wrong or "feminine" about crying. STFU.

Its half feminine and half childish. He needs to be a man, machismo is a guy going overboard in trying to be a man. Theres no crying in basketball!!! unless someone finally wins a title after years of failing, never cry when you fail. Makes you look weak, which Bosh is soft. I guess Bosh is taking estrogen or something cuz its not the first time he cries.
I'd get it if Lebron cries after winning a title because such a load would be lifted off him.

CHANGO
07-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Its half feminine and half childish. He needs to be a man, machismo is a guy going overboard in trying to be a man. Theres no crying in basketball!!! unless someone finally wins a title after years of failing, never cry when you fail. Makes you look weak, which Bosh is soft. I guess Bosh is taking estrogen or something cuz its not the first time he cries.
I'd get it if Lebron cries after winning a title because such a load would be lifted off him.

You know what that SOFT man did to some "MACHOTES" in the playoffs. Right?

WadeKobe
07-21-2011, 01:00 AM

You're a ****ing idiot. :facepalm:

marj987
07-21-2011, 01:29 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=404598831699&set=pu.240688466699&type=1&theater&pid=4929286&id=240688466699

John Walls Era
07-21-2011, 01:50 AM

Im sure the Heat are so shook thinking about what the Knicks are gonna do to them :laugh2:.

Crying after losing a finals isn't right, but Reggie Miller crying a river after losing the semifinals is allowed.

marj987
07-21-2011, 02:00 AM
It's amazing how every NBA fan turns into a debate...It's either

LeBron vs. The World/Any Other NBA player
Or A debate between players...SMH.

John Walls Era
07-21-2011, 02:33 AM
It's amazing how every NBA fan turns into a debate...It's either

LeBron vs. The World/Any Other NBA player
Or A debate between players...SMH.

What do you want us to talk about in a sports forum? The whole point of a sports forum is to debate about sports.

gotoHcarolina52
07-21-2011, 02:38 AM
Bosh can cry all the f- he wants. At least the man has some f -ing heart. Just look at that regular season game against Boston when he was diving all over the place putting his body on the line to steal the ball from Rondo (here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NirjlDHeSg8)). Bosh wants to win and he lays it all on the line. Nothing wrong with that.

Lake_Show2416
07-21-2011, 04:35 AM
Bosh Crying after Finals >>> Lebron - "I'm rich, your poor, deal with it"

Bosh gets too much hate, he plays to win, shows his heart & plays with strong emotion, he's a real person, no filling. You can tell from his interviews & conferences that he hasnt been programed a certain way like most of the players in the NBA, like robots.

koreancabbage
07-21-2011, 08:57 AM
its the big 3 man. Bosh ain't doing too bad for himself when he's averaging 18-8 in the regular season on limited touches, better shooting percentages. He's a 20-10 player and that's already hard to be. you have to be a real good player to get those numbers anytime in your career. am i not mistaken? only a few people even come close to those numbers every season and Bosh is one of them. Shaq is just hating. He is a star complimentary player but he can take over in games when the other star player goes down or gets injured (but not over the course of the season.)

people fail to see he's averaging better numbers than like 90% of the big men out there. the guy is a star. and like i said. Shaq is just hating.

sammid21
07-21-2011, 09:38 AM
You know what that SOFT man did to some "MACHOTES" in the playoffs. Right?

No doubt that Bosh played great, im not discrediting him, Boozer is soft too, sometimes even softer than Bosh. But the crying has to stop, its like a little kid nt getting what he wants. Boozer at least doesnt cry but Bosh is a better player. Maybe thats why Shaq started the Rupaul thing, because Bosh is too sensitive. Its one thing to have heart and another thing to be sensitive, you lost the finals, get pissed, work your *** off in the offseason and come back and play hard.

sammid21
07-21-2011, 09:44 AM
You're a ****ing idiot. :facepalm:

So you must cry when/if you fail a final exam or interview? thats whats wrong with this country, everybody is too sensitive about things. Football is getting to sensitive, the ticky tack fouls in the NBA is a form of sensitivity

And why do you protect a player so much that you have to insult someone as if they insulted your friend/family member?

sammid21
07-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Bosh can cry all the f- he wants. At least the man has some f -ing heart. Just look at that regular season game against Boston when he was diving all over the place putting his body on the line to steal the ball from Rondo (here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NirjlDHeSg8)). Bosh wants to win and he lays it all on the line. Nothing wrong with that.

Have you seen a man cry when it has nothing to do with something horrible or something that cant be fixed? its weird, even if a player has heart, you dont deal with losing by crying, there are tons of players that play with heart in the NBA, Noah didnt cry and he plays with way more heart, from game 1 of the regular season to the end, than Bosh and you dont see him cry after a loss.
The whole heart thing is a cop out with some people, Bosh is a hell of a player tho, dont mix up my criticizism with "hate"

WadeKobe
07-21-2011, 10:20 AM
So you must cry when/if you fail a final exam or interview? thats whats wrong with this country, everybody is too sensitive about things. Football is getting to sensitive, the ticky tack fouls in the NBA is a form of sensitivity

And why do you protect a player so much that you have to insult someone as if they insulted your friend/family member?

I'm not protecting a player, I'm attacking a BS concept. I don't care who the player is. People are different than other people, and people react differently to situations. Some people cry more than others, some people cry less.

Neither is more "masculine" or more "feminine." Neither is "weak" or "childish."

It has nothing to do with the player it has everything to do with every guy who cries because he cares so much. He doesn't deserve stupid ****s judging him by their own absurd standard of what is "manly."

sammid21
07-21-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm not protecting a player, I'm attacking a BS concept. I don't care who the player is. People are different than other people, and people react differently to situations. Some people cry more than others, some people cry less.

Neither is more "masculine" or more "feminine." Neither is "weak" or "childish."

It has nothing to do with the player it has everything to do with every guy who cries because he cares so much. He doesn't deserve stupid ****s judging him by their own absurd standard of what is "manly."

I respect your comments and ideals, the thing is that athletes are always shown in a certain manner, and many old school/current players or fans see crying as weakness. It just is what it is.

3ballbomber
07-21-2011, 10:43 AM
I swear if Bosh played for another team all the Miami fans would not be all supportive of a weeping man. I like Bosh but c'mon now.

sammid21
07-21-2011, 10:50 AM
I swear if Bosh played for another team all the Miami fans would not be all supportive of a weeping man. I like Bosh but c'mon now.

I know what you mean, same goes for LBJ and Wade. If the bulls wouldve traded the #1pick(Rose) for wade, they wouldnt be protecting Wade either as much, and would probably have Rose>Wade Bosh is great, but the weeping takes him out of the big 3 equation along with the lack of a post game, he shoots too damn much. he has the skill like LBJ to have a consistent post game

justinnum1
07-21-2011, 10:51 AM

I find that very hard to believe.

justinnum1
07-21-2011, 10:53 AM

Did you read what you previously posted? Either you are 12 years old or just trolling.

sammid21
07-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Did you read what you previously posted? Either you are 12 years old or just trolling.

Neither, im far from 12 and i never troll, im answering other posts and giving my honest opinion, go back a page and re-read. this is a disscusion forum, again not trolling. And my previous post was an observation, not an insult. i see things how they are. Not all heat fans are like that, just certain ones, some bulls fans are like that too

WadeKobe
07-21-2011, 11:44 AM

Actually, it has nothing to do with Bosh. I would support any man who chooses to express himself in mature tears. I would be pissed no matter who this idiot was trying to call "feminine." My Master's thesis work is working with ancient religious texts and the contemporary sociological, psychological, and anthropological work in gender identity and ambiguity. This whole "feminine", "childish" and "men don't cry" stuff is plain BS that only ignorant people would spout. Plain and simple.

WadeKobe
07-21-2011, 11:46 AM
I respect your comments and ideals, the thing is that athletes are always shown in a certain manner, and many old school/current players or fans see crying as weakness. It just is what it is.

Many people are idiots. What's your point?

Archaism is a dusty road leading us back to nowhere. The fact is that men have always cried, and men will always cry. It's about time a civilized world realized this reality.

WadeKobe
07-21-2011, 11:49 AM
I know what you mean, same goes for LBJ and Wade. If the bulls wouldve traded the #1pick(Rose) for wade, they wouldnt be protecting Wade either as much, and would probably have Rose>Wade Bosh is great, but the weeping takes him out of the big 3 equation along with the lack of a post game, he shoots too damn much. he has the skill like LBJ to have a consistent post game

I don't ever protect LBJ. If he deserves ****, give it to him. My problem in general is with a ridiculously stupid fan base in the NBA who willingly contradict everything they say, over and over again, jsut to come up with a new dig at a guy they don't like simply because he chose to team up via free agency.

That's all. Ignorance and hypocrisy bother me no matter what.

3ballbomber
07-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Actually, it has nothing to do with Bosh. I would support any man who chooses to express himself in mature tears. I would be pissed no matter who this idiot was trying to call "feminine." My Master's thesis work is working with ancient religious texts and the contemporary sociological, psychological, and anthropological work in gender identity and ambiguity. This whole "feminine", "childish" and "men don't cry" stuff is plain BS that only ignorant people would spout. Plain and simple.
er......ok.

sammid21
07-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Many people are idiots. What's your point?

Archaism is a dusty road leading us back to nowhere. The fact is that men have always cried, and men will always cry. It's about time a civilized world realized this reality.

I can get into a psychological discussion about that but it'll be too off topic. Simply put, men are the stronger, less emotional creatures, women are the emotional creatures. even in the animal kingdom, its just how we are built. If a man cries infront of me for reasons other than a death or sickness, or he hits rock bottom, then I'd tell him to quit being a B****. sorry but i sometimes even tell that to females lol.

This isnt meant as a diss but you must be intuned with your feminine side, and thats fine. but you cant call people that arent intune, idiots. and being civilized has nothing to do with anything. Men handle things, they dont involve emotions that much, it doesnt make them less civilized

sammid21
07-21-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't ever protect LBJ. If he deserves ****, give it to him. My problem in general is with a ridiculously stupid fan base in the NBA who willingly contradict everything they say, over and over again, jsut to come up with a new dig at a guy they don't like simply because he chose to team up via free agency.

good post, i cant stand homers be it bulls fans or any other fan base, but you have to admitt that if you analyze each fan base on here, Heat fans (not all) are over protective, again not dissing anyone or trolling, just an observation. Some bulls fans are the same way too, i just ignore those kind of comments

Gibby23
07-21-2011, 01:03 PM

You are an expert because you are doing research on the topic?

WadeKobe
07-21-2011, 02:13 PM
You are an expert because you are doing research on the topic?

Expert and "educated" are quite different. I never said anything about expert. But yes, I am certainly educated on the topic, and no one who is in fact educated on the topic would say the ignorant nonsense.

WadeKobe
07-21-2011, 02:15 PM
I can get into a psychological discussion about that but it'll be too off topic. Simply put, men are the stronger, less emotional creatures, women are the emotional creatures. even in the animal kingdom, its just how we are built. If a man cries infront of me for reasons other than a death or sickness, or he hits rock bottom, then I'd tell him to quit being a B****. sorry but i sometimes even tell that to females lol.

This isnt meant as a diss but you must be intuned with your feminine side, and thats fine. but you cant call people that arent intune, idiots. and being civilized has nothing to do with anything. Men handle things, they dont involve emotions that much, it doesnt make them less civilized

It has nothing to do with being in-tune. I'm not saying guys who don't cry are idiots. I'm not saying guys who don't cry aren't civilized.

Whatever, you're a dumbass. I'm done, lol. :facepalm: Machismo at its best.

believeinNYK
07-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Bosh was actually the most consistent and did well in the playoffs so he doesn't necessarily deserve all the hate he gets even though he shouldnt be considered a superstar, but shaq seems like he has something against him so he's going to call it the big 2

John Walls Era
07-21-2011, 02:24 PM

2 way street. If he played for the Bulls you would be supporting him. C'mon now.

Raph12
07-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Backcourt comment is accurate, Lebron plays the point for about 90% of the game...

DeyAce
07-21-2011, 02:37 PM

This

sammid21
07-21-2011, 03:20 PM
It has nothing to do with being in-tune. I'm not saying guys who don't cry are idiots. I'm not saying guys who don't cry aren't civilized.

Whatever, you're a dumbass. I'm done, lol. :facepalm: Machismo at its best.

Thank you, you just proved youre not as educated as you think. If youre so educated you would resort to insults. I never insulted you or anyone. Community college isnt higher learning.

You did say people that point out crying guys "feminine" ignorant, when its a fact the female hormone makes them more emotional then men. I'm done because youre at a "higher level" than most people on here, either that or youre a female. again im not trying to insult you, I just tell it how i see it.

justinnum1
07-21-2011, 03:25 PM
2 way street. If he played for the Bulls you would be supporting him. C'mon now.

I could just imagine if bosh played in the bulls, he would be their second best player and bulls fans would call him a top 3 power forward.

sammid21
07-21-2011, 03:33 PM
I could just imagine if bosh played in the bulls, he would be their second best player and bulls fans would call him a top 3 power forward.

Regardless, he is a top 3 PF, Dirk, Amare, Bosh. But only dumb fans and homers would overprotect and defend Boshes actions. As a Bulls fan, I can say that Boozer sucks and not defend him at all, same goes for Rose, i hated the fact that he kept chucking 3's I wont defend his shot selection, or if he turns into a cry baby or douchebag

WadeKobe
07-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Thank you, you just proved youre not as educated as you think. If youre so educated you would resort to insults. I never insulted you or anyone. Community college isnt higher learning.

You did say people that point out crying guys "feminine" ignorant, when its a fact the female hormone makes them more emotional then men. I'm done because youre at a "higher level" than most people on here, either that or youre a female. again im not trying to insult you, I just tell it how i see it.

Actually, you did technically insult a large section of the population by calling men who cry "feminine", and yes, educated people do in fact insult people when they deserve it - for instance, when they've insulted a whole selection of the population.

sammid21
07-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Actually, you did technically insult a large section of the population by calling men who cry "feminine", and yes, educated people do in fact insult people when they deserve it - for instance, when they've insulted a whole selection of the population.

No, men should cry, for a legitimate reason. Not after a loss, there are more important things in life to waste ones tear for. Like i said before, women have less testosterone then men, which make men less emotional, Scientific fact dude. and i was having a convo with you and even agreed/disagreed (like and educated person) with some of your comments. but the person who starts name calling is in fact the less educated... i thought you were done lol by the way Kobe>Wade and i like Wade better, but i actually give credit where credit is due

WadeKobe
07-21-2011, 04:15 PM
No, men should cry, for a legitimate reason. Not after a loss, there are more important things in life to waste ones tear for. Like i said before, women have less testosterone then men, which make men less emotional, Scientific fact dude. and i was having a convo with you and even agreed/disagreed (like and educated person) with some of your comments. but the person who starts name calling is in fact the less educated... i thought you were done lol by the way Kobe>Wade and i like Wade better, but i actually give credit where credit is due

Yes, but you also think that working your butt off for an entire season to acheive something and then failing when you're oh-so-close is not a good enough reason. :rolleyes:

No, Kobe is not better than Wade currently, nor was he last year. 3 years ago, sure, maybe you could make that argument. But it's not an argument now, and PSD as a whole agrees. That's what my name means. It has nothing to do with their careers. Clearly Wade has not passed Kobe yet. It helps to ask questions before assuming, lol.

And trust me, I could find plenty of educated people who don't mind insulting others. It may not be polite, but it reflects more on your patience level and maybe your character than it does on your level of education. That's just a fact.

I know plenty of Dr. House type people in real life. They're no less educated because they call it like they see it when people say ridiculous things, lol.

sammid21
07-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Yes, but you also think that working your butt off for an entire season to acheive something and then failing when you're oh-so-close is not a good enough reason. :rolleyes:

No, Kobe is not better than Wade currently, nor was he last year. 3 years ago, sure, maybe you could make that argument. But it's not an argument now, and PSD as a whole agrees. That's what my name means. It has nothing to do with their careers. Clearly Wade has not passed Kobe yet. It helps to ask questions before assuming, lol.

And trust me, I could find plenty of educated people who don't mind insulting others. It may not be polite, but it reflects more on your patience level and maybe your character than it does on your level of education. That's just a fact.

I know plenty of Dr. House type people in real life. They're no less educated because they call it like they see it when people say ridiculous things, lol.

Everyone the works their butt off for something should just get back up and try again, not have an emotional televised breakdown (he fell to the floor) maybe id let it pass if tears came down, you know the ones that some people cant control. but walk it off, dont fall down looking for your teammates to carry you. Example, I work hard at my stressful job, i still got laid off but im not gonna cry about it, just go on to the next job. thats just me tho.

I bet the Heat wouldve won if youd replace wade with Kobe, but thats my observation.

And educated people that resort to insults are common, youre right. they lack human morals because of their focus on their studies. But they do look less educated. By the way House speaks the truth, he doesnt look intentionally for an insult, its called smart witt, not just "youre a dumbass" because i disagree with you. big difference homie

Ebbs
07-21-2011, 04:30 PM
2/7. he sure did carry us to the playoffs alot in his tenure...

:cricket:

Toronto has been crap. Bosh isn't a top 5 player in the league so you can't expect him to make noise by himself.

Hardly. That 3rd seed toronto was possibly the weakest conference in nba history... Also, bosh had great help in bargnani, ford, garbajosa, calderon and parker...And guess what we lost to the nets in the playoffs... He isn't a leader... This year, he had a decent series against the bulls, played atrociusly against the celts and mavs and hid in wades and lebrons shadow against philly... 1 good series = worth it? Lebron and wade did everything... Lebron was out of his mind against chicago...Wade dominated the celts and both lebron and wade were solid against philly... Bosh didn't do much for such a hyped acquisition for miami.

Bullllll Shiiit. Granted it was a weak conference but Bosh put the team on his back. Are you kidding me great help?

Andrea Bargnani was a rookie who was adjusting to the NBA game putting up 11 and 4. . .

Ford is a up and down point guard who was incredibly quick but couldn't hold the job down that season even. How much success did he have outside of Toronto.

Jorge Garbajosa was a solid role player but 8 and 4 before having a career ending injury prior to the playoffs hardly seems like great support.

Calderon was mostly Fords 21 mpg backup and though an efficient producer offensivelt was anemic defensively.

Again Parker was a solid role player who scored 12 a game.

If you think that is great help you are crazy. Bosh didn't have one person on that team to step up and be a consistent #2 option every night. He also didn't have one other frontcourt member who could come in play tough D and rebound. Rasho Nesteriovic?

Please I think people have forgotten in there blind hatred what Bosh did for Toronto.

Congrats for carrying a team to the playoffs twice in the east and winning 3 whole playoffs games in 7 years. That's a huuuge accomplishment. :clap::clap:

Look above I think the majority of the people in this thread know whos is full of crap. Also remember that Nets team had Kidd - Carter - Jefferson and Kristic who was handily better than Bargnani at that time.

The year after Dwight had Hedo and Shard and Jameer all arguably playing there best seasons in Orlando.

Hedo and Shard were both 18 + scorers a night

this. But we all knew going in he would be the scapegoat if the heat faltered

This

Tony_Starks
07-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Shaq is only saying what everyone outside of Miami knew already.

Chronz
07-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Backcourt comment is accurate, Lebron plays the point for about 90% of the game...
??? He plays SF, his game is that of a PG but thats why the term Point Forward was coined. I dont consider a forward to be a part of the backcourt by literal definitions

Heat4life06
07-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Bosh is a 6 time all star and would be the 1st option on half the teams in the league

Bos_Sports4Life
07-21-2011, 09:21 PM

Thats why people disslike the man...He didn't just simply choose a team via free agency..he took it too another level..

CHANGO
07-21-2011, 09:46 PM

+1000000000000000 :clap:

WadeKobe
07-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Thats why people disslike the man...He didn't just simply choose a team via free agency..he took it too another level..

Whether that's true or not is completely beside the point.

It's obnoxious how hypocritical everyone is. Everone wants him on their team, but now that he's not he's "LeBrick" or "Robin" or "Scottie Pippen" or, whatever. Now people think he's "not clutch". But they wanted him a year ago, what changed overnight? (And it did change overnight).

Or, what's obnoxious is - "The Heat can't win, they don't have a center." "They don't have a point guard." They don't have a bench." "3 players don't make a whole team." ... but then when they lose the same people say, "they had the best two players, how'd they not win?" "If Wade and James are better than Dirk, why'd they lose?" or "They have everything they needed to win."

Wait, which one is it?

Then it was "they don't care enough to win" and "they don't have the heart" and "they just wanna chill, they don't wanna work hard enough." Then, when someone cries because they actually do care enough, it's "they cried, they're weak."

Wait, which one is it? They don't care, but if they do care they get criticized?

I could walk you through all the nonsense all season, but I'll spare you.

The fact is people looked ridiciulous and contradicted themselves as much as they could, just as long as what they could say today about LeBron or the Heat sounded good.

3ballbomber
07-22-2011, 03:17 AM
Not every sports fan are over-sensitive homers who feel the need to support everybody on their team regardless of antics and capers.

Having a Rose avatar does not necessarily mean i follow the Bulls. but let's assume i am, i posted a thread over in the Chicago forums titled "Doubting Boozer" filled with criticism about Carlos.

Raph12
07-22-2011, 03:14 PM
??? He plays SF, his game is that of a PG but thats why the term Point Forward was coined. I dont consider a forward to be a part of the backcourt by literal definitions

And that's the key, I don't think Shaq was being literal in his reference...