PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most underrated player in the league?

PacersForLife
07-19-2011, 01:37 PM
The title is self explanatory.

llemon
07-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Kris Humphries

Hellcrooner
07-19-2011, 01:43 PM
kobe bryant and Pau Gasol.

People are mixing a Funk with a decline and are bout to get bitten in the mouth next season(if theres one) when they strike back.

DamnGoat
07-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Brian Scalabrine.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Al Horford and Eric Gordon come to mind immediately.

airforceones25
07-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I watch him all the time but i'd say Eric Gordon. Kid seriously gets no love. Plays excellent on the ball defense and his offensive game is self explanatory. The kid gets to the rack at will and has stupid range.

DR_1
07-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Luol Deng, second is Kevin Love.

Hustlenomics
07-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Carmelo Anthony, Rudy Gay,Aldridge, Joe Johnson

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 03:43 PM

I will give you Aldridge, but how the hell are Melo, Gay, and JJ underrated? They are sure as hell payed like superstars, but they ain't playing like them

Hustlenomics
07-19-2011, 03:46 PM
I will give you Aldridge, but how the hell are Melo, Gay, and JJ underrated? They are sure as hell payed like superstars, but they ain't playing like them

comments like that made me put Melo on the list

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-19-2011, 03:47 PM

wrong thread buddy

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 03:55 PM
comments like that made me put Melo on the list

because you are not able to measure an elite superstar from an overpaid star.

Besides, how are you putting Melo here when he has been a multiple time all star and is regarded in the media as a top 10 player? He is underrated? Really?

Joe Johnson? The man who will single handedly cripple the Hawks with his deal in a couple of years?

Rudy Gay? The player who can't break the top 7 in the SF poll, but gets paid $69 million over the next 4 years, is underrated?

As I said, LaMarcus I agree with. The rest, no

Shmontaine
07-19-2011, 04:04 PM
rudy gay, ben gordon, daren collision

:facepalm: bg is a one trick pony... and that trick got old last year...

DC for sure tho.. dude's pretty solid, overlooked among pg's... he still has some to learn, but prolly underrated...

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 04:12 PM
:facepalm: bg is a one trick pony... and that trick got old last year...

DC for sure tho.. dude's pretty solid, overlooked among pg's... he still has some to learn, but prolly underrated...

I don't even know if Collison is rated haha. But he did show up on the average fan's radar against Chicago. He will be a good starting guard. Nothing elite about him, but he looks like he can be a pretty good starter for a number of years.

Da Knicks

Besides, how are you putting Melo here when he has been a multiple time all star and is regarded in the media as a top 10 player? He is underrated? Really? Joe Johnson? The man who will single handedly cripple the Hawks with his deal in a couple of years? Rudy Gay? The player who can't break the top 7 in the SF poll, but gets paid $69 million over the next 4 years, is underrated?

Melo is underrated because people have Durant over him and some even put Rose ahead of him when ranking players. These people are the same ones that put Kobe in psd as the 8th best player ever and say dont look at stats but as soon as Melo is mentioned bring up all the stats in the world and dont believe in clutch players. lol

Joe is underrated because the stupid owner gave him a contract that none of us would refuse, and now people dont value what he does for the hawks.

LaMarcus kept the blazers rolling and still was not named an all-star!:facepalm:

LakersMaster24
Ben Gordon, Darren Collison, and also Lamar.

RDBK514
07-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Darren Collison ..didn't see DeAndre Jordan on here either..he's gonna be a beast soon.

Catfish1314
07-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Joe is underrated because the stupid owner gave him a contract that none of us would refuse, and now people dont value what he does for the hawks.

I don't know if that's it. Joe was pretty underwhelming last year.

Al Horford is a good one. Luol Deng didn't get as much love as he deserved in the SF threads but I don't know if he's generally underrated. Same goes for Gerald Wallace.

John Salmons is another one. He's a two-way player who can score from anywhere.

rapjuicer06
07-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Lamar Odom. I seriously think he is one of the most talented players in the game. He can literally do it all. Bring the ball up the court, play point forward, rebound, block shots, shoot...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Melo is underrated because people have Durant over him and some even put Rose ahead of him when ranking players. These people are the same ones that put Kobe in psd as the 8th best player ever and say dont look at stats but as soon as Melo is mentioned bring up all the stats in the world and dont believe in clutch players. lol

LaMarcus kept the blazers rolling and still was not named an all-star!:facepalm:

JJ is the worst playoff choker ever.

And Melo is overrated a lot.

Hostetler
07-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Bogut & Horford

stuckyfreshhh
07-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Andray Blatche

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 04:24 PM

Durant is better, and makes a lot less money to be a better player. But we don't need to go into that here.

Joe is rated just right. As a 3rd tier SG who got way overpaid. He is in no way a superstar. He is simply a nice 20 ppg scoring SG who is a 2-3rd option on a contender.

Agreed on LaMarcus. Duncan should have not been on the all star team. It should have been LA

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Darren Collison ..didn't see DeAndre Jordan on here either..he's gonna be a beast soon.

Someone honestly needs to sell me on DeAndre Jordan....

I don't get the hype

asandhu23
07-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Monta Ellis.

proof? your replies to this.

Slimsim
07-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Thaddeus Young

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Monta Ellis.

please lets not start this again.:o

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Monta Ellis.

actually, Monta has slowly moved from totally overrated to slightly underrated. But there are still a high number of people out there who consider him a star level player, so he can't be considered underrated in the scheme of things.

He did have a nice bounceback year. His previous two years were brutal, but he was better this season. For sure.

miller74
07-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Lebron

Gators123
07-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Horford
Aldridge
Kevin Martin

Hustlenomics
07-19-2011, 04:45 PM
wrong thread buddy

I'm in the right thread guy

Besides, how are you putting Melo here when he has been a multiple time all star and is regarded in the media as a top 10 player? He is underrated? Really?

Joe Johnson? The man who will single handedly cripple the Hawks with his deal in a couple of years?

Rudy Gay? The player who can't break the top 7 in the SF poll, but gets paid $69 million over the next 4 years, is underrated?

Yes the media and the players and gm's around the game know Melo is a great player, it's people on the internet that try to say that he isn't

Joe Johnson was playing like a superstar that's why he got that contract. Yes he's overpaid but who will turn down 100+ million?

Rudy is a damn good player and he's clutch and him being #7 in the SF poll is why I added him

Monta Ellis.

forgot to add him

fadedmario
07-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Rodney Stuckey

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm in the right thread guy

Yes the media and the players and gm's around the game know Melo is a great player, it's people on the internet that try to say that he isn't

Joe Johnson was playing like a superstar that's why he got that contract. Yes he's overpaid but who will turn down 100+ million?

Rudy is a damn good player and he's clutch and him being #7 in the SF poll is why I added him

forgot to add him

No, the media is fair about him. Nearly everyone in the media says Durant is the better player, but here on the internet, we get "Melo is underrated" because of things like this.
Joe Johnson got that ridiculous contract after he sucked the entire floor up in an embarrassing sweep by the Magic. Johnson is a 3rd tier SG who is a 3rd option on a contender, being paid SUPERSTAR money.

Rudy is an above average efficient scorer who takes plays and games off. And he too is overpaid.

And now you acknowledge Ellis?

You think Rondo is a top 3 PG
You think Melo is a superstar
You think Joe Johnson is a superstar

Most don't agree with you. In the media and here. Do you not see the big picture here? Maybe your individual evaluation techniques need to be re-examined.

Cool007
07-19-2011, 04:54 PM
If we go by playoffs, then Chris Bosh.

Dude had a pretty good playoffs thoroughout but still takes all the beef from everyone.

Another is James Harden. Why is that guy coming off the bench???

Louis Scola, David West, Humphries, Conley, Frye, Barea, Derozan

Cal827
07-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Jose Calderon
Before this turns into a Raptor Bashing lol, let me explain:

Yes his defense isn't too good, but it was improved from last year... and honestly, there are any PGs out there that have problems defending their counterpart since most of them are really fast

He also averaged about 9 assists per game and had a TO ratio above 4/1 on a team with a bunch of random scrubs (except for Derozan and Bargnani, who shot pretty badly this year)... Imagine him on a team that has a bunch of scorers (E.g. I always thought LA would be a great place for him).

Unfortunately for the Lakers that will never happen, b/c I don't think BC would deal him out in order to get late round pick and a bad contract lol

Also:

Aldridge
Horford

Amare used to be on this list (many people questioned whether he was a star, or was he a product of Nash, but he proved them wrong for the most part... of course this applies offensively, since he's not exactly a good defender)

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 04:56 PM
If we go by playoffs, then Chris Bosh.

Dude had a pretty good playoffs thoroughout but still takes all the beef from everyone.

Another is James Harden. Why is that guy coming off the bench???

Louis Scola, David West, Humphries, Conley, Frye, Barea, Derozan

I would expect Harden to be starting next season, but there is no need to disrupt the rotations that deep into the season.

Scola, yes. West, eh. Humphries, yes. Conley eh. Barea will quickly be overrated because of 2 playoff series. DeRozan is an up and comer, and next year will be a pretty good damn player

BlitzBlud4
07-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Aaron Afflalo, Stephen Curry, Kevin Martin

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Jose Calderon

Before this turns into a Raptor Bashing lol, let me explain:

Yes his defense isn't too good, but it was improved from last year... and honestly, there are any PGs out there that have problems defending their counterpart since most of them are really fast

He also averaged about 9 assists per game and had a TO ratio above 4/1 on a team with a bunch of random scrubs (except for Derozan and Bargnani, who shot pretty badly this year)... Imagine him on a team that has a bunch of scorers (E.g. I always thought LA would be a great place for him).

Unfortunately for the Lakers that will never happen, b/c I don't think BC would deal him out in order to get late round pick and a bad contract lol

Also:

Aldridge
Horford

Amare used to be on this list (many people questioned whether he was a star, or was he a product of Nash, but he proved them wrong for the most part... of course this applies offensively, since he's not exactly a good defender)

Raps suck!

:)

Jose falls victim to the old, "once a bad player, always a bad player". Even with him improvements, its tough for many to respect his game. And the fact that he is overpaid hurts his argument even more.

But he isn't nearly as bad as he is perceived. That is for sure

tyfreaks brotha
07-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Gerald ****ing wallace

Kashmir13579
07-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Andy Rautins. He isn't even rated.

asandhu23
07-19-2011, 05:11 PM
actually, Monta has slowly moved from totally overrated to slightly underrated. But there are still a high number of people out there who consider him a star level player, so he can't be considered underrated in the scheme of things.

He did have a nice bounceback year. His previous two years were brutal, but he was better this season. For sure.

well, last season the team was way healthier than two years before. He didn't have to be the chucker of the team. He has Steph, Lee and Wright. Now with Klay off the bench, i expect much better numbers.

Biedrins needs to be replaced. He is the real cancer on this Warriors' team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Rodney Stuckey

terribly overrated.

Khalifa21
07-19-2011, 05:31 PM
JJ is the worst playoff choker ever.

And Melo is overrated a lot.

Could you please explain why Melo is overrated?

By some Knicks fans he definitely is, but since he's became a Knick a lot of people disregard his abilities, since the Knicks are one of the more hated franchises in the league.

People have him outside the top 15 players in the league... When he clearly is a top 10 talent.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not one of those Knicks fans that overrates him.. I'd have Durant over him because of his efficiency, but since Melo's become a Knick I feel he gets a lot of unnecessary hatred because of the team he now plays for.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 05:32 PM
well, last season the team was way healthier than two years before. He didn't have to be the chucker of the team. He has Steph, Lee and Wright. Now with Klay off the bench, i expect much better numbers.

Biedrins needs to be replaced. He is the real cancer on this Warriors' team.

I have been very hard on Ellis on this site, but I do agree he had a MUCH better season with a guard next to him that controlled his usage, and not having Nellies crazy offense that allowed him to just run down and jack it up every possession

Khalifa21
07-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Underrated:

LaMarcus Aldridge
Eric Gordon
Luis Scola
Gerald Wallace
Al Horford
Kevin Martin
Kris Humphries

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Could you please explain why Melo is overrated?

By some Knicks fans he definitely is, but since he's became a Knick a lot of people disregard his abilities, since the Knicks are one of the more hated franchises in the league.

People have him outside the top 15 players in the league... When he clearly is a top 10 talent.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not one of those Knicks fans that overrates him.. I'd have Durant over him because of his efficiency, but since Melo's become a Knick I feel he gets a lot of unnecessary hatred because of the team he now plays for.

I don't think Melo is overrated by the media or those who are around the game. But he is on PSD. You are a fair and balanced Knicks fan, but you know that the second they got him, the Knicks fans would be out in droves, and the irrational ones are forcing general fans to overrate him now

Outside the top 15? Please. Don't even listen to those people

Da Knicks
07-19-2011, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=Hawkeye15;18591566]No, the media is fair about him. Nearly everyone in the media says Durant is the better player, but here on the internet, we get "Melo is underrated" because of things like this.

This is why Melo is underrated imo and those that see what Melo brings to his team. Melo will be in the discussion for mvp this season watch...:)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I don't think Melo is overrated by the media or those who are around the game. But he is on PSD. You are a fair and balanced Knicks fan, but you know that the second they got him, the Knicks fans would be out in droves, and the irrational ones are forcing general fans to overrate him now

Outside the top 15? Please. Don't even listen to those people

this is the reason

marj987
07-19-2011, 05:45 PM
IDGAF what anybody says.....Marcus Thornton is the most underated player I've ever seen......He's not Danny Granger like (who was a little too underated) But Marcus Thornton has to be.......

Cal827
07-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Raps suck!

:)

Jose falls victim to the old, "once a bad player, always a bad player". Even with him improvements, its tough for many to respect his game. And the fact that he is overpaid hurts his argument even more.

But he isn't nearly as bad as he is perceived. That is for sure

haha, that first part about the Raptor bashing was for the OP, b/c although I don't really think he intends to bash us (Just says the Pacers are in a better position as of now, which I agree with), but it seems like in each of his threads, when a Raptor is mentioned, some people start going at it lol :facepalm:

I guess that's why some people on this site think the Raptors would deal him just for Steve Blake and/or Luke Walton.

Gators123
07-19-2011, 05:54 PM
terribly overrated.

:confused: When was the last time he was overrated? Let alone "terribly" overrated?

If anything, hes underrated.

GoPacers33
07-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Aldrige and Gordon

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=Hawkeye15;18591566]No, the media is fair about him. Nearly everyone in the media says Durant is the better player, but here on the internet, we get "Melo is underrated" because of things like this.

This is why Melo is underrated imo and those that see what Melo brings to his team. Melo will be in the discussion for mvp this season watch...:)

The Knicks probably won't be a team that allows him to be in the discussion. You need to be inside that top 4 team area, and I can't see the Knicks being there.

And just because he changed teams doesn't make him any better. Even Durant having a down year compared to the year prior, he still had a better season. Durant's 09-10' season is a lot better than anything Melo has ever done.

Nobody is saying Melo sucks. But he is the #3 SF in the game, and then there is a nice dropoff. That isn't a criticism.

sventhedog
07-19-2011, 06:27 PM
i agree with gordon and aldrige but i don't really like small sg's. they fade too early in their careers. iverson, arenas. they quickly turn into a good combo guard sixth man.

nyanks79
07-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Going through the whole thread with no mention of Kyle Lowry makes him even more underated then I thought he was.

[QUOTE=Da Knicks;18591962]

The Knicks probably won't be a team that allows him to be in the discussion. You need to be inside that top 4 team area, and I can't see the Knicks being there.

[B]And just because he changed teams doesn't make him any better. Even Durant having a down year compared to the year prior, he still had a better season. Durant's 09-10' season is a lot better than anything Melo has ever done.

Nobody is saying Melo sucks. But he is the #3 SF in the game, and then there is a nice dropoff. That isn't a criticism.

Melo actually got more efficient since coming to the Knicks. But pretty much everyone does when they start to play for Dantoni. And that includes some of the first 10 or so games when he was adjusting. Give him a full year with Dantoni and I think some of that inefficient tag will ware off.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Going through the whole thread with no mention of Kyle Lowry makes him even more underated then I thought he was.

Melo actually got more efficient since coming to the Knicks. But pretty much everyone does when they start to play for Dantoni. And that includes some of the first 10 or so games when he was adjusting. Give him a full year with Dantoni and I think some of that inefficient tag will ware off.

Lowry is my pick (I have said it numerous times) for MIP next season right now.

When a star player is traded, especially to a destination they choose, they almost always have a bump in play temporarily. I am going with the 600+ games of evidence versus the 25 he had with the Knicks. He will regress back to closer to his normal stats imo. Still a top 10-12 player, and may even slip back into the top 8-10, but I don't see him any higher, and still see him behind LeBron and KD

sixer04fan
07-19-2011, 06:44 PM

All overrated, except for Aldridge...

Tree Rollins
07-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Kris Humphries

Really? he had 1 good season and averaged 10 and 10 in a contract year for one of the worst teams in the league, and was teamed up with a center who decided not to try and rebound for most of the season. If anything, Humphries is overrated.

llemon
07-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Really? he had 1 good season and averaged 10 and 10 in a contract year for one of the worst teams in the league, and was teamed up with a center who decided not to try and rebound for most of the season. If anything, Humphries is overrated.

Yeah, well, I made my choice, and have no problem with it.

LA_Raiders
07-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Aldridge, Collison

Tree Rollins
07-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Aldridge was ridiculously good after the break last season, and has been very good for most of his career. He might be a franchise player at this point if he keeps up his play, and he will. So yeah, he's underrated.
Horford is underrated. The Hawks try to play him out of position a lot and it hurts him. If they had a true center to play big minutes beside him, he'd be able to do more consistent damage. As is though, he's very good all around and doesn't get much pub.

I'm starting to think Kevin Love is becoming overrated. He's very good, but he averaged big numbers on a horrible team and didn't help them win any games. He's a bad defender. And his rebounding numbers are inflated b/c his defense is so horrible; he never leaves his man to contest a shot or play help D and instead refuses to give up rebounding position under any circumstances, even when it's necessary, making his rebounding numbers much higher then they should be. Kind of a selfish way to play.

Tree Rollins
07-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah, well, I made my choice, and have no problem with it.

Cool man. Keep telling yourself that.

Maybe you to much attention to him since he's on your favorite reality show? Who knows.

justinnum1
07-19-2011, 07:38 PM
chris bosh

Catfish1314
07-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Someone honestly needs to sell me on DeAndre Jordan....

I don't get the hype

He has a superb frame for a big man and was productive for the Clippers in spare minutes last season.

But if there's "hype" surrounding him, then I'm not sure I get that either.

llemon
07-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Cool man. Keep telling yourself that.

Maybe you to much attention to him since he's on your favorite reality show? Who knows.

You watch the Nets this passed season?

Tree Rollins
07-19-2011, 07:46 PM
why is people putting horford underrated? he's an allstar and the 2nd or 3rd best centre in the east, he isn't underrated, just rated normally

i think he is underrated by your average fan. A knowledgable fan though probably doesn't underrate him. So i see where you're coming from.
I guess thought of him as underrated b/c you just never hear his name considering how good he is and that his team wins games (although not in the playoffs). His all around game is one of the best in the league for a big man. He plays D, blocks shots, has a back to the basket game, has good range on his jumper, all that crap, but you hear about other guys more often who aren't as good. Yeah, he makes all-star teams but the fans never seem to give him as many votes as he deserves.

TheRunKiller
07-19-2011, 07:48 PM
luol deng

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 07:53 PM

do you not agree he could become overrated the second he signs a deal he isn't worth? Or do you really put stock into the contract amount?

He had a pretty good season. I am not sure he is underrated, I think he is under the radar. Honestly, outside the 2-4 times people watched him play their team, do you think many have watched him much? They have no clue what type of player he is outside the boxscore

Tree Rollins
07-19-2011, 07:54 PM

Yeah. Humphries was way over hyped this season. Isn't it weird that after 7 mediocre season it the league he blows up in his contract year? I'm sure he'll work his *** off just as hard this summer though after he gets paid and while he's planning his wedding to kardashian. It always works out great when you sign a guy who has had 7 average seasons in the league and then blows up in his contract year. Those guys always pan out.
Don't worry, the Nets will overpay him this season and Nets fans will be crying about his contract 2 years from now.

Tree Rollins
07-19-2011, 07:55 PM
I disgree, whenever people mention the hawks, his name comes up. He is atl's best player and people consider him that. He's made the allstar the last 2 seasons and all nba 3rd team this season. I dont see him underrated, maybe underappreciated

Honestly, i always think people will mention Joe Johnson. then Josh Smith, and THEN Horford. That's just my experience though. Under appreciated is a good term for him though, i like that.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah. Humphries was way over hyped this season. Isn't it weird that after 7 mediocre season it the league he blows up in his contract year? I'm sure he'll work his *** off just as hard this summer though after he gets paid and while he's planning his wedding to kardashian. It always works out great when you sign a guy who has had 7 average seasons in the league and then blows up in his contract year. Those guys always pan out.
Don't worry, the Nets will overpay him this season and Nets fans will be crying about his contract 2 years from now.

this is exactly my concern. He is engaged to a hollywood circus clown (hottest clown I have ever seen obviously), and his life this summer is not about basketball. 7 years being passed around like a somewhat chubby chick with a cute face, and then he shows up all hot in a contract year.

It smells bad all around if he gets a nice hefty contract imo. Never put much stock into contract years, especially when they also fit the "fluke" rule

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm starting to think Kevin Love is becoming overrated. He's very good, but he averaged big numbers on a horrible team and didn't help them win any games. He's a bad defender. And his rebounding numbers are inflated b/c his defense is so horrible; he never leaves his man to contest a shot or play help D and instead refuses to give up rebounding position under any circumstances, even when it's necessary, making his rebounding numbers much higher then they should be. Kind of a selfish way to play.

careful....

I will drive you up a wall regarding Love. He is not overrated in the slightest.

llemon
07-19-2011, 08:02 PM

Hell, we are all entitled to our opinions.

I love that line SO MUCH.

But you didn't answer the question, which doesn't surprise me.

Did you watch the Net games this passed season? And if you did, how many Nets games did you watch?

Tree Rollins
07-19-2011, 08:02 PM
this is exactly my concern. He is engaged to a hollywood circus clown (hottest clown I have ever seen obviously), and his life this summer is not about basketball. 7 years being passed around like a somewhat chubby chick with a cute face, and then he shows up all hot in a contract year.

It smells bad all around if he gets a nice hefty contract imo. Never put much stock into contract years, especially when they also fit the "fluke" rule

i say stay away from the big money contract year wonders (guy like Jerome James). And the guys who show up in playoffs out of nowhere and are all of a sudden up for a big contract the next season (a guy like Austin Croshere). I wouldn't do it.

Tree Rollins
07-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Hell, we are all entitled to our opinions.

I love that line SO MUCH.

But you didn't answer the question, which doesn't surprise me.

Did you watch the Net games this passed season? And if you did, how many Nets games did you watch?

I actually answered the question. If you read the very first word of my post, you'll get your answer. It's pretty hard to miss.
And what "line" do you love so much? I never said anything about being entitled to your opinion. So i have no clue what you're talking about. Are you okay?

llemon
07-19-2011, 08:05 PM
i say stay away from the big money contract year wonders (guy like Jerome James). And the guys who show up in playoffs out of nowhere and are all of a sudden up for a big contract the next season (a guy like Austin Croshere). I wouldn't do it.

As the decision is not yours, you have no worries.

Now, again, HOW MANY NET GAMES DID YOU WATCH THIS PASSED SEASON?

naps
07-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Chris Bosh. I am not sure if he's the most underrated but he's certainly one of the most under-appreciated players.

Tree Rollins
07-19-2011, 08:11 PM

Wow it's not my decision? That's clever.
Before we move on to how many games i've watched, I need to be clear your not still so confused about what i posted earlier.
You saw things that weren't there (something about people being entitled to their opinions, which i never said) and then you missed the things that were there (the part where i answered your question in the very 1st word of my post) Anyway, i'm worried about you. Calm yourself down, you're delirious.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 08:11 PM

I watched around 10-11, and I love his energy, but again, as I pointed out, I think he smells like a dude who got an opportunity in a contract year and played his *** off. IF he somehow defies the fluke rule, then yes, he will be underrated shortly. We shall see

llemon
07-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Chris Bosh. I am not sure if he's the most underrated but he's certainly one of the most under-appreciated players.

I believe Bosh is rated just right.

Tree Rollins
07-19-2011, 08:19 PM
I watched around 10-11, and I love his energy, but again, as I pointed out, I think he smells like a dude who got an opportunity in a contract year and played his *** off. IF he somehow defies the fluke rule, then yes, he will be underrated shortly. We shall see

If you're good enough to get 10 and 10 every night, then why wait until your 8th season in the league? Maybe he is that good. But if he is, then that means hes been holding something back the 1st 7 seasons. Why would you want a guy like that?

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 08:24 PM
If you're good enough to get 10 and 10 every night, then why wait until your 8th season in the league? Maybe he is that good. But if he is, then that means hes been holding something back the 1st 7 seasons. Why would you want a guy like that?

in all reality, he hasn't improved at all. He landed on a bad team that needed him to play more minutes than he ever has. His per 36 mpg numbers were actually worse this year than many years previous. His efficiency rose because his usage dropped with more minutes.

He is the definition of the "fluke" rule. Any team that gives him a 4 year guaranteed deal in the $6-7 million range is making a poor decision.

Tree Rollins
07-19-2011, 08:32 PM
in all reality, he hasn't improved at all. He landed on a bad team that needed him to play more minutes than he ever has. His per 36 mpg numbers were actually worse this year than many years previous. His efficiency rose because his usage dropped with more minutes.

He is the definition of the "fluke" rule. Any team that gives him a 4 year guaranteed deal in the $6-7 million range is making a poor decision.

Good point. Add all that to the fact that Brook Lopez was barely trying on the glass this season (at least according to Avery Johnson).
I know the Nets want him back. I was guessing about the salary range, but based history, i honestly believe someone will pay him that much. And it will probably be New Jersey.

mttwlsn16
07-19-2011, 08:48 PM
eric gordon

albertc86
07-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Luol Deng, second is Kevin Love.

Deng is a homer pick. He's nothing special.

Evolution23
07-19-2011, 09:17 PM
I dont know about underrated but Kevin Love is way overrated. The guy hasn't done anything yet for his team and somehow he's a top power forward in the league. GTFOH.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 09:20 PM
I dont know about underrated but Kevin Love is way overrated. The guy hasn't done anything yet for his team and somehow he's a top power forward in the league. GTFOH.

when Luke Ridnour is your second best player, how many games are you winning by yourself in a 5-5 sport?

Love is not overrated at all

BillyHoyle35
07-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Eric Gordan by far and away.
on a lot of other teams other than the clippers had a guy like this he would be talked up so much i feel.

I also feel Andrew Bogut is also underrated at times

llemon
07-19-2011, 09:58 PM

How many Net games did you watch this passed season?

Edit. Read that you saw 10, 11 Net games.

What would you say was the biggest difference between this seasons play of Humph, as to the prior play of Humph?

Aapox
07-19-2011, 10:01 PM
I didn't check to see if anyone mentioned him, but Kyle Lowry is pretty underrated.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 10:09 PM
How many Net games did you watch this passed season?

Edit. Read that you saw 10, 11 Net games.

What would you say was the biggest difference between this seasons play of Humph, as to the prior play of Humph?

opportunity, and I think he got himself in better shape to play those minutes.

I do think he was better this year than any previous, even though stats suggest otherwise. He actually had attention after some big games.

But I don't think he fits the "underrated" profile yet. I think he was simply a player who was given opportunity.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 10:10 PM
I didn't check to see if anyone mentioned him, but Kyle Lowry is pretty underrated.

I think a year from now, Kyle may be a leading candidate for his type of thread

llemon
07-19-2011, 10:14 PM
opportunity, and I think he got himself in better shape to play those minutes.

I do think he was better this year than any previous, even though stats suggest otherwise. He actually had attention after some big games.

But I don't think he fits the "underrated" profile yet. I think he was simply a player who was given opportunity.

So, you are stating, from what you observed from your watching 10 or 11 Nets games that you couldn't see any difference in Humph's '10-'11 game from Humph's game from all his previous seasons?

Is that actually what you are saying?

alew510
07-19-2011, 10:18 PM
luol deng easily

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 10:28 PM
So, you are stating, from what you observed from your watching 10 or 11 Nets games that you couldn't see any difference in Humph's '10-'11 game from Humph's game from all his previous seasons?

Is that actually what you are saying?

no, its not. He had a better understanding of spacing, and better timing as an energy guy. He was smarter basically. As his minutes increased, he had to pace himself slightly, hence why his per 36 numbers dropped. But he was smarter with his possessions, hence his increase in efficiency, along with what I said about his usage dropping with increased minutes, which is an equation for increased production.

He has basically become a veteran who has not only learned his limitations, but has a few go to moves that he knows will keep him in the league, therefore his improvements have only been minimal, but they are recognizable.

llemon
07-19-2011, 10:34 PM
no, its not. He had a better understanding of spacing, and better timing as an energy guy. He was smarter basically. As his minutes increased, he had to pace himself slightly, hence why his per 36 numbers dropped. But he was smarter with his possessions, hence his increase in efficiency, along with what I said about his usage dropping with increased minutes, which is an equation for increased production.

He has basically become a veteran who has not only learned his limitations, but has a few go to moves that he knows will keep him in the league, therefore his improvements have only been minimal, but they are recognizable.

Yeah, MINIMAL.

Guess we just have different opinions, and of course, we are all entitled to our opinions.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah, MINIMAL.

Guess we just have different opinions, and of course, we are all entitled to our opinions.

yes, we all have our opinions. Some can be backed with factual numbers, some rest upon the eyes of those who refuse to embrace measurement.

If the Nets give him a fat deal for 4-5 years, you will be very unhappy starting shortly. But llemon, that is only my opinion.

llemon
07-19-2011, 10:54 PM
yes, we all have our opinions. Some can be backed with factual numbers, some rest upon the eyes of those who refuse to embrace measurement.

If the Nets give him a fat deal for 4-5 years, you will be very unhappy starting shortly. But llemon, that is only my opinion.

And an opinion you are certainly entitled to.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2011, 11:11 PM
And an opinion you are certainly entitled to.

eventually, we will be friends llemon. Your common sense and traditional basketball wisdom is impressive. However, you refuse to embrace modern measurements.

I respect your opinion. And always will.

jason6692
07-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Gerald wallace

AntiG
07-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Pau Gasol.

More like the most overrated player in the league.

Hustlenomics
07-19-2011, 11:53 PM
No, the media is fair about him. Nearly everyone in the media says Durant is the better player, but here on the internet, we get "Melo is underrated" because of things like this.
who was talking about Durant?

Joe Johnson got that ridiculous contract after he sucked the entire floor up in an embarrassing sweep by the Magic. Johnson is a 3rd tier SG who is a 3rd option on a contender, being paid SUPERSTAR money.
one bad series

Rudy is an above average efficient scorer who takes plays and games off. And he too is overpaid.
he's taking plays and games off while hitting game winners and averaging 20 on good efficiency? Imagine when he's focused then.

And now you acknowledge Ellis?

You think Rondo is a top 3 PG
You think Melo is a superstar
You think Joe Johnson is a superstar

Most don't agree with you. In the media and here. Do you not see the big picture here? Maybe your individual evaluation techniques need to be re-examined.
I've acknowledged Ellis all season long, I know he's a good player. I wasn't even talking about Rondo, Melo is a superstar ask anyone in the nba they'll tell you the same. Even Kevin Durant said Joe Johnson is a superstar

$GangGr33n$
07-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Wilson Chandler

roshan3ai
07-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Lamarcus Aldridge
Crash
Eric Gordon

JasonJohnHorn
07-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Its hard to say whose most underrated, but I'll come up with a starting line up of guys whose game I think carries more impact than most think:

PG: Rondo (his defence is grossly underappreciated, his jump shot has imrpoved, and he can take the ball up for a team that has 3 HOFers, that is something special)
SG: Kobe Bryant (he seems to have slipped to #2 shooting guard status in many people's eyes, but to me, Bryant is still the shooting guard in the league hands down).
SF: Gerald Wallace (the guy does everything)
PF: Kevin Love (yes, he gets love, but his three-point game and soft hands are grossly underrated, and many point to Minny's low win totals as evidence that he's not a number one option).
C: Al Horford (great passer, defender, rebounder and solid shooter for his position)

SeoulBeatz
07-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Jrue Holiday!

i.got.the.nutz
07-20-2011, 01:27 AM
Al Horford and Eric Gordon come to mind immediately.

Agreed.

i.got.the.nutz
07-20-2011, 01:28 AM
Ty Lawson

ByShine
07-20-2011, 01:52 AM
wilson chandler
andray blatch
rudy gay
eric gordon
gerald wallace

MR.TRIPDUB
07-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Shawn marion. He was pretty much lost in everyones radar. But he was big for dallas specially when caron went down.

Storch
07-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Kevin Martin
LaMarcus Alridge
Derek Fisher