PDA

View Full Version : Who does St. Louis have in THEIR farm system we could use

scottythegreat1
07-17-2011, 11:30 AM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/07/cardinals-have-checked-in-on-blue-jays-relievers.html

Apparently, they are looking to strengthen their bullpen and their starting pitching...with Jesse Litsch, Casey Jannsen coming back and possibly Dustin McGowan....we can easily trade some of our surplus pitching to get some good pitching prospects....we could possibly trade Travis Snider and/or Edwin Encarnation as well. St. Louis makes an interesting trading partner at the deadline for us.

Unfortunately, Im not an expert on St. Louis' farm system, so I wonder what they have in the farm system thats good.

Rugger
07-17-2011, 11:59 AM
To be honest I agree with your full post other than the growing sentiment that it's a good idea to trade Snider. Why? Is a young outfielder with power that could star for our team for years if he was to live up to his potential.

Far too early to cast an asset like that aside

North Yorker
07-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Apparently it's really top heavy. They have 2 top 10 stud pitching prospects and Cox who probably ranks in the 60-100 range overall.

Other than that I dont know, but it's not very deep.

broncosfan_101
07-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Apparently it's really top heavy. They have 2 top 10 stud pitching prospects and Cox who probably ranks in the 60-100 range overall.

Other than that I dont know, but it's not very deep.

Tyrell Jenkins is also a top 50ish prospect.

Jon Jay, their 26 year old 4th OF who's blocked by Rasmus. He's a .788 OPS hitter in 575 career PA's that can play CF. He could play CF for us until Gose is ready, and then be our 4th OF.

StayOnBoard
07-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Tyrell Jenkins is also a top 50ish prospect.

Jon Jay, their 26 year old 4th OF who's blocked by Rasmus. He's a .788 OPS hitter in 575 career PA's that can play CF. He could play CF for us until Gose is ready, and then be our 4th OF.

I dont think they really have much interest in trading Jay. His walk rate is pretty poor as well isn't it?

That aside, he'd be an upgrade if he can bat .290+ and play good defense. I'd have no problems trading bullpen arms for him but Im not so sure St. Louis would feel the same. If we trade Snider, Rasmus better be coming back or there will be torches and pitchforks.

bomber0104
07-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Deryk Hooker is a guy i would look at ... imagine ..."and hooker blows him away"

He actually seems like a good player.. Has pitched well throughout the minors but has had his struggles this year

Toxeryll
07-17-2011, 12:56 PM
trade our whole bullpen for shelby miller

StayOnBoard
07-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Deryk Hooker is a guy i would look at ... imagine ..."and hooker blows him away"

He actually seems like a good player.. Has pitched well throughout the minors but has had his struggles this year

:laugh2:

trade our whole bullpen for shelby miller

They still wouldn't do it :)

anotherqtip420
07-17-2011, 01:53 PM
While i will agree that Rasmus has upside that is very intriging, i just don't know if i want the distractions that come with i.e. his father. I beleive it was mlb trade rumors or Yahoo that i read an article on him and either the GM or LaRussa commented that he was'nt listening to McGuire on hitting tips and was taking his fathers advice instead. I don't know if it's a ploy to mess with the Cards to deal him or he really is a prima donna that knows it all. Maybe this a smoke screen by the Cards because its a some what down year for him or they really are fed up with him.IMO i say pass on him because he's not that big of a star or talented enough to be that big of a prima donna at his age. If its true about him and we do deal for him,the Cards better be taking back E5 & Davis!!!!

BlueJayFanDan
07-17-2011, 02:07 PM
If we found a way to get Shelby Miller, I would run onto a busy freeway and start dancing. That guy will be a star.

GNick
07-17-2011, 02:51 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/07/cardinals-have-checked-in-on-blue-jays-relievers.html

Apparently, they are looking to strengthen their bullpen and their starting pitching...with Jesse Litsch, Casey Jannsen coming back and possibly Dustin McGowan....we can easily trade some of our surplus pitching to get some good pitching prospects....we could possibly trade Travis Snider and/or Edwin Encarnation as well. St. Louis makes an interesting trading partner at the deadline for us.

Unfortunately, Im not an expert on St. Louis' farm system, so I wonder what they have in the farm system thats good.

Anthopoulos was on FAN590 last week and said he would look at trading a reliever for a high end prospect in lower levels. Where there is at least 1 pick compensation on a guy like Frazier the return should be one of St.Louis top prospects in Class A.

idrinkpepsi
07-17-2011, 05:28 PM

"Jays need nothing but Cox and Hooker"

:D

Bob_at_york
07-17-2011, 10:21 PM
I just checked one website and Cox is definitely one name, another couple of interesting ones is Daniel Descalso and Matt Carpenter.

GNick
07-18-2011, 06:43 PM
If AA trades anybody most likely be Dotel. All of Frank Francisco, Jon Rauch, Jason Frasor, Octavio Dotel and Shawn Camp, will be free agents and all should be at least Type B free agents. Which as most know each will net the Jays a sandwich pick between the first and second round of draft.

Dotel is a bit different than the rest. At 37, Toronto has to offer salary arbitration to him in order to receive the draft pick it is most likeldy Dotel would accept. This reason Jays will be pushing hardest to move Dotel for a prospect.

Jay
07-18-2011, 07:51 PM
If we found a way to get Shelby Miller, I would run onto a busy freeway and start dancing. That guy will be a star.

Pffft, gimme Carlos Martinez. ;)

Bob_at_york
07-18-2011, 11:07 PM
If AA trades anybody most likely be Dotel. All of Frank Francisco, Jon Rauch, Jason Frasor, Octavio Dotel and Shawn Camp, will be free agents and all should be at least Type B free agents. Which as most know each will net the Jays a sandwich pick between the first and second round of draft.

Dotel is a bit different than the rest. At 37, Toronto has to offer salary arbitration to him in order to receive the draft pick it is most likeldy Dotel would accept. This reason Jays will be pushing hardest to move Dotel for a prospect.

Would Dotel actually net us anything?

Luca68
07-19-2011, 01:03 AM
does anybody actually want him ...?

GNick
07-19-2011, 05:20 AM
Would Dotel actually net us anything?

Well he should...he is a veteran arm who has a sandwich pick on him