PDA

View Full Version : The Second Coming of the ABA and Basketball Jesus!

TheHoopsProphet
07-17-2011, 09:34 AM
http://www.jayreas.com/bossip-sports-exclusive-industry-insiders-say-that-nba-legend-dr-j-and-his-son-are-set-to-relaunch-the-aba/

Looks like the old school is going to make a big comeback!

According to sports industry insiders Julius Dr. J Erving and his son Julius J. Erv Erving III, along with Ether Marketing owner Deon Taylor have acquired the rights to the American Basketball Association (ABA) in which Dr. J won 3 championships and four MVP awards while a member of the Virgina Squires. The Dr. and his music executive son own a sports marketing firm call 6 Sports, will re-launch the defunct league

In Christianity, the book of Revelations talks of a powerful leader claiming to be God, though his claims will be false. And then we will hear seven trumpets in the sky, before four horsemen descend from heaven to take with them all the chosen ones to heaven and leave the gentiles to stay in the ripening Armageddon as Satan takes over the world.

Dr. J(esus) has come to save us true fans and take us with him (and maybe Colby and Durant too) to basketball heaven that is the ABA, where griddy style of play and uptempo basketball is the norm, while the Devil Stern takes over the heathens and the rest of us gentiles suffer the NBA lockout!!

It was all true! We are all witnesses! The ABA is back! Hallelujah!!

JIDsanity
07-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Speechless

JDMVP
07-17-2011, 09:57 AM
AMEN!, man I would pay for NBA players play in an ABA style BBALL

Swashcuff
07-17-2011, 10:56 AM
TheHoopsProphet is an mad genius I tell you.

Would be nice to have the ABA back though. Hopefully it isn't too watered down but rather quite exciting.

kjoke
07-17-2011, 11:12 AM
WTF is going on in his sig?

JNA17
07-17-2011, 11:13 AM
It's a travesty that TheHoopsProphet is not a mod yet.

Chucky Woods
07-17-2011, 11:16 AM
I don't see them getting the contracts they would get in the NBA.
Therefore I don't think many NBA players would play.

airronijordan
07-17-2011, 11:20 AM
hopefully they end up getting stars

It would definitely be entertaining

Assman22
07-17-2011, 11:44 AM
I don't see them getting the contracts they would get in the NBA.
Therefore I don't think many NBA players would play.

They won't get big contracts in Europe either, check out what D-Will is accepting overseas. These guys just want to play ball, this ABA could be interesting. All depends how quickly they get this train moving.

BradytoGronkTD
07-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Epic

fanofclendennon
07-17-2011, 12:18 PM
http://www.jayreas.com/bossip-sports-exclusive-industry-insiders-say-that-nba-legend-dr-j-and-his-son-are-set-to-relaunch-the-aba/

In Christianity, the book of Revelations talks of a powerful leader claiming to be God, though his claims will be false. And then we will hear seven trumpets in the sky, before four horsemen descend from heaven to take with them all the chosen ones to heaven and leave the gentiles to stay in the ripening Armageddon as Satan takes over the world.

Dr. J(esus) has come to save us true fans and take us with him (and maybe Colby and Durant too) to basketball heaven that is the ABA, where griddy style of play and uptempo basketball is the norm, while the Devil Stern takes over the heathens and the rest of us gentiles suffer the NBA lockout!!

It was all true! We are all witnesses! The ABA is back! Hallelujah!!

And if the referees require the players to dribble the ball according to the rules, I'll buy a front row season ticket.

If not, I'll continue to yawn.

tredigs
07-17-2011, 12:49 PM
And if the referees require the players to dribble the ball according to the rules, I'll buy a front row season ticket.

If not, I'll continue to yawn.

You know how I know you're white? ; ]

IVE GOT WOOD
07-17-2011, 12:56 PM
You know how I know you're white? ; ]

He also wants to see the ball passed at least 4 times before someone shoots it too:laugh:

Assman22
07-17-2011, 01:34 PM
He also wants to see the ball passed at least 4 times before someone shoots it too:laugh:

Hoosiers reference, ZING! But it's 5 times I believe! :D

mzgrizz
07-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Nah, just make it an XBA with Vince McMahon running the show.................

Hellcrooner
07-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Nah, just make it an XBA with Vince McMahon running the show.................

thats what we just had this season a prearranged competition where the mad villiam everyone haTES manages to make it to the last stand but of course loses to the "good" new guys who just surprisingly beat the old start.

basically the dallas ultimate warriors beat the los angeles hulk hogans to finally put the miami million dollar mens title aspirations to an end.

IVE GOT WOOD
07-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Hoosiers reference, ZING! But it's 5 times I believe! :D

Hell yeah it's a Hoosiers reference but I'm positive it's 4 times not 5 :cool:

gbpackers12
07-17-2011, 03:56 PM
TheHoopsProphet should have his own forum where only he can create threads.

NYKalltheway
07-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Finally the first class move during this lockout

MrfadeawayJB
07-17-2011, 04:18 PM
TheHoopsProphet should have his own forum where only he can create threads.

I agree 100%.

Maybe they will bring back Slamball too lol

NYKnicksAllDay
07-17-2011, 05:32 PM
thats what we just had this season a prearranged competition where the mad villiam everyone haTES manages to make it to the last stand but of course loses to the "good" new guys who just surprisingly beat the old start.

basically the dallas ultimate warriors beat the los angeles hulk hogans to finally put the miami million dollar mens title aspirations to an end.

:laugh2:

LakersMaster24
07-17-2011, 05:43 PM
TheHoopsProphet = The G.O.A.T of PSD.

blastmasta26
07-17-2011, 06:52 PM
TheHoopsProphet = The G.O.A.T of PSD.
Agreed.

LakersMaster24
07-17-2011, 07:09 PM
It's a travesty that TheHoopsProphet is not a mod yet.

Not really. In order to be a mod you need to be a complete forum nerd, without a life, and have the time to "patrol" the forum. Plus you need to be extra sensitive about everything and anything :rolleyes:

Watch some mod give me an infraction for this.

Ray_R
07-17-2011, 08:25 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VR1B7fWRzlc/TWCnbp2uV4I/AAAAAAAABBs/4vASHdhCe74/s1600/dog-dude-wait-what.jpg

mzgrizz
07-17-2011, 11:07 PM

Good one, hellcrooner !! You are starting to resemble the self styled guru