PDA

View Full Version : Arenas Suggests Wizards Leaked Gun Story

Gators123
07-15-2011, 02:34 PM
http://www.ksat.com/sports/28558576/detail.html

Gilbert Arenas used his Twitter account to suggest the Washington Wizards leaked the story about him bringing guns to the locker room that led to his 50-game suspension.

Now a member of the Orlando Magic, Arenas wrote on his Twitter account, "as long as you are making somebody lots of money they will let you do what ever you want..when your time is up they will expose you to the world."

Arenas went on to add, "I know what people are saying..I brought ….into the locker room..there’s been full blow paint ball shoot outs in locker rooms. Being in the NBA you see everything…what I got in trouble for I’ve seen over a dozen times.."

Arenas did not give specific incidents of other players bringing guns to the locker room, which he did in December 2009 while playing for the Wizards. He was suspended 50 games without pay by the NBA.

Arenas also said the incident was "no one's fault but mine."

210Don
07-15-2011, 02:37 PM
its no ones fault but his? and he blames the wizards :confused:

KnicksR4Real
07-15-2011, 02:54 PM
lol

jiggin
07-15-2011, 03:06 PM
wow...this guy needs to have someone take away his twitter account or means of speaking to the public since he is too stupid to watch what he says.

What a moron.

Uhhh...you brought them douche, take some ****ing responsibility...who cares how it was outed.

IndyRealist
07-15-2011, 03:14 PM
I'd leak it too. If he got jail time they could've voided his ridiculous contract

JasonJohnHorn
07-15-2011, 09:50 PM
I can believe it. He does take responcibility for his actions, but says: Hey, listen, other guys have done this. This ain't new. I got caught, its on me, but just so you know, they were fine with it when we were winning games. When they wanted to dump the contract, they had zero tolerance.

I can believe this. I wouldnt be surprised if it was the truth. But, I'll give everybody the benefit of the doubt since I dont know what went on, and what GOES on in NBA locker rooms.

Lets face, Kobe getting fine for using a homophobic slur? Sure, I can get behind that, but are you telling me coaches havent used those same slurs in practice? I'm not saying all, but some have. You are saying other players don't say stuff like that on court, in the lockerroom and in practice? We all know it happens frequently. Kobe and Noah just got busted for it, but K-Mart called Cuban that and nothing happened.

So? Rules are applied inconsistently? Yup. People have double standards? Yup.

I think its too bad. I think Arenas would be playing at a much higher level if the Bullets, er, I mean Wizards, had let him play, well, the Wizards and the league. But I think the Wizards wanted to lose, wanted a high pick, wanted to rebuild, and wanted to shed a huge contract. Putting the magnifying glass on Arenas did all those things for them.

TrueFan420
07-15-2011, 09:54 PM
I can believe it. He does take responcibility for his actions, but says: Hey, listen, other guys have done this. This ain't new. I got caught, its on me, but just so you know, they were fine with it when we were winning games. When they wanted to dump the contract, they had zero tolerance.

I can believe this. I wouldnt be surprised if it was the truth. But, I'll give everybody the benefit of the doubt since I dont know what went on, and what GOES on in NBA locker rooms.

Lets face, Kobe getting fine for using a homophobic slur? Sure, I can get behind that, but are you telling me coaches havent used those same slurs in practice? I'm not saying all, but some have. You are saying other players don't say stuff like that on court, in the lockerroom and in practice? We all know it happens frequently. Kobe and Noah just got busted for it, but K-Mart called Cuban that and nothing happened.

I think its too bad. I think Arenas would be playing at a much higher level if the Bullets, er, I mean Wizards, had let him play, well, the Wizards and the league. But I think the Wizards wanted to lose, wanted a high pick, wanted to rebuild, and wanted to shed a huge contract. Putting the magnifying glass on Arenas did all those things for them.

you just said what i was thinking

llemon
07-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Should ANYONE take anything GA says seriously?

He is Metta World Peace without the charm of being totally insane, as the former Mr. Artest is.

LA_Raiders
07-16-2011, 03:35 PM
lol, that dude should visit Metta World Peace doctor.

Tony_Starks
07-16-2011, 03:44 PM
I believe that if he was still playing at an allstar level they would've found a way to squash it in house, and we would've never heard about it. But he's right, because he was no longer "the man" they basically made an example of him....

Stack_NJNets
07-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Like llemon said, he's Artest without being totally insane.

gwrighter
07-16-2011, 06:14 PM

for sure, that is exactly what it was. It's a business maan.