PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James - Drop in Rank

sventhedog
07-14-2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201107/lebron-james-mind-boggling-free-fall-continues

it really is mind-boggling.

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2011, 07:53 PM
:laugh2::laugh2:

Cano4prez
07-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Good thing he's still the best player in the world

chong2204
07-14-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm not a Lebron fan, but who cares, this is just people views if they like him or not...

LA_Raiders
07-14-2011, 08:04 PM
lol

BALLER71
07-14-2011, 08:05 PM
So he's not one of the 10 most popular players? Oh no.

Too bad he's still the best player in the league.

Ladies Man
07-14-2011, 08:06 PM
No one likes him

Khalifa21
07-14-2011, 08:06 PM

This.

Avenged
07-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Depends on how you view popularity. I think he's more popular now than he ever was, all for the "wrong" reasons.

GoPacers33
07-14-2011, 08:13 PM
haha

naps
07-14-2011, 08:13 PM
lol..No one attracts the media as much as LeBron does.

Cubs Win
07-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Sooo it's true? Rose > LeBron :)

John Walls Era
07-14-2011, 08:16 PM
People like Hines Ward? I don't mind him, but whats there to like?

uprightciti
07-14-2011, 08:18 PM
love that ****!

JusBanMeYouPOS
07-14-2011, 08:23 PM
We all saw this coming, nothing to be surprised about

chong2204
07-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Depends on how you view popularity. I think he's more popular now than he ever was, all for the "wrong" reasons.

This...And its all our faults for talking about the dude and his shenanigans all the time...

Jewelz0376
07-14-2011, 08:25 PM
People like Hines Ward? I don't mind him, but whats there to like?

It probably has more to do with him winning dancing with the stars

Cubs Win
07-14-2011, 08:30 PM
It probably has more to do with him winning dancing with the stars

I didn't even know he won/was on dancing with the stars. :laugh2:

I'm sure I heard about it at the time but that's just not my thing. I suppose more casual sports fans and even non-fans who just watch that type of show would reflect what you're saying though.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2011, 08:32 PM
What worries me more is Jeter is tops when it comes to men...:pity:

kidinkkk
07-14-2011, 08:33 PM
So kobe was accused of rape and went to court and all that. Even if he didn't rape her, he still cheated on his wife and kids. He had a reputation of being a ballhog, bad teammate, and phil jackson once called him "uncoachable."

Here's lebron, who's never been known as uncoachable or a ball hog. He's never been in trouble with the law.

Shows ya how messed up society is today huh

hyb152
07-14-2011, 08:34 PM
lebron's still the best player in the world.... no one really gives a crap about the fans views of "popularity" lol

sventhedog
07-14-2011, 08:38 PM
what the hell happened to the "good publicity or bad publicity is still publicity" thing?

sventhedog
07-14-2011, 08:42 PM
So kobe was accused of rape and went to court and all that. Even if he didn't rape her, he still cheated on his wife and kids. He had a reputation of being a ballhog, bad teammate, and phil jackson once called him "uncoachable."

Here's lebron, who's never been known as uncoachable or a ball hog. He's never been in trouble with the law.

can't even remember what skip bayless called lebron.

not uncoachable or ball hog. we just know him as a choker.

shows ya how messed up a "best player" is today.

hyb152
07-14-2011, 08:47 PM
can't even remember what skip bayless called lebron.

not uncoachable or ball hog. we just know him as a choker.

shows ya how messed up a "best player" is today.

what does that have to do with popularity in terms of being a good citizen? so by your standards, dirk nowitzki could rape someone or rob someone but since he's clutch and one of the best players, it's all good. shut the **** up.

MalZee24
07-14-2011, 08:48 PM

x2.

and performance on the court shouldn't matter when it comes to this.

KingPosey
07-14-2011, 08:51 PM
nothing mind boggling, he has made some very lame character choices, and the media and people ran with it. And instead of letting it blow over, or going the noble route, he constantly ends up saying things he most likely regrets a while after.

knightstemplar
07-14-2011, 08:59 PM

:laugh:

sventhedog
07-14-2011, 09:00 PM
what does that have to do with popularity in terms of being a good citizen? so by your standards, dirk nowitzki could rape someone or rob someone but since he's clutch and one of the best players, it's all good. shut the **** up.

you're clearly letting your emotion get the best of you. did i mention anything about good citizenship?

ok. if you say he's clutch, i believe you even if i watched the finals. lol.

Master Mind
07-14-2011, 09:12 PM

Yep, society don't allow people to have a mind of their own...

knicks4life33
07-14-2011, 09:29 PM
lebron put himself in this situation for him to be dropped in the ranks and hated .

Slug3
07-14-2011, 09:31 PM

I dont know what you are talking about, when all this went down everyone including some Laker fans HATED Kobe. He went through what Lebron is going through right now. Only difference is Kobe at least cheated on his wife (cant say if he did or did not do the illegal act). If Lebron wins a ring or 2 or more, I am sure it will all pass by him......... But lets be real here. I think the NBA needs Lebron and how much people hate him just as much as how people love Rose/Kobe/Etc...... I mean people literally watch him play just to talk about how much they hate the guy. People use to turn on games to root a team on, but not we got even more people watching rooting for him to lose.

JustBringIt
07-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Lebron is not the best player in the NBA id take Kobe,Dwight,and wade before lechoke

Cano4prez
07-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Lebron is not the best player in the NBA id take Kobe,Dwight,and wade before lechoke

:laugh2:

Avenged
07-14-2011, 09:40 PM

Personally, I'd only take Dwight over him.

But anyways (and this is not to you) why the need for people to mention Kobe in a thread where he does not belong? Every time Lebron is mentioned in a negative way, Kobe needs to be bashed as well. :laugh2:

:confused:

Slug3
07-14-2011, 09:41 PM

To you Lebron is not the best player in the league.

JustBringIt
07-14-2011, 09:42 PM
What's so funny Dwight is more dominant, wade proved to be the best player on the heat, and Kobe can shoot from anywhere And is the most complete player in the NBA.

Bulls_fan90
07-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Hahaha.

Slug3
07-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Personally, I'd only take Dwight over him.

But anyways (and this is not to you) why the need for people to mention Kobe in a thread where he does not belong? Every time Lebron is mentioned in a negative way, Kobe needs to be bashed as well. :laugh2:

:confused:

I didnt Bring Kobe up to bash him... I just wanted to bring to light that kobe was in this same situation years back and people hated the guy as well. Wanted to point out that if Lebron can win then he can cure him image.

Cano4prez
07-14-2011, 09:44 PM
What's so funny Dwight is more dominant, wade proved to be the best player on the heat, and Kobe can shoot from anywhere And is the most complete player in the NBA.

It's funny because nothing you stated is true, the only thing debatable is Dwight's dominance

Slug3

To tell yo the truth anyone can shoot from anywhere. Thats not hard to do at all.

JustBringIt
To you Lebron is not the best player in the league.

No he's not, never was I don't see anything speacial in lebron that separates him from everyone else, I mean you close the paint on Him and he becomes a limited player. How can the Best in the NBA only score what like 2 points in every fourth quarter lol

JustBringIt
07-14-2011, 09:47 PM
It's funny because nothing you stated is true, the only thing debatable is Dwight's dominance

Well that's your opinion, and well nothings a fact so personally idc what you think, and well you can agree with me or not but the fact is no matter what I or anybody ever says it won't ever be a fact, unless it already happened

Slug3
07-14-2011, 09:47 PM
No he's not, never was I don't see anything speacial in learn that separates him from everyone else, I mean you close the paint on Him and he becomes a limited player. How can the et in the NBA only score what like 2 points in every fourth quarter lol

Kobe wasnt so great against Dallas..... What is your point? That Lebron played bad for a series?

juno10
07-14-2011, 09:48 PM
No he's not, never was I don't see anything speacial in learn that separates him from everyone else, I mean you close the paint on Him and he becomes a limited player. How can the et in the NBA only score what like 2 points in every fourth quarter lol

he choked yes dirk choked some years ago look at him now he's young and scoring isn't the only facet in his game he still rebounded and got near trip doubs and yeah dont even mention kobe his days are done

Slug3
07-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Well that's your opinion, and well nothings a fact so personally idc what you think, and well you can agree with me or not but the fact is no matter what I or anybody ever says it won't ever be a fact, unless it already happened

Are you joking here? I try stating to you Lebron is not the best and you start saying no no no no no no no no no no, watch this and listen at the 18 second part, that is you on anything someone doesnt agree with you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suhdBJw6sqA

sventhedog
07-14-2011, 09:52 PM
i hate lebron but i can't argue about him being the best player in the league.

but the problem is, in the past, if you say bird is the best player, you couldn't question him.

when magic was the best player, he delivered when necessary and won them titles.

when MJ was the best player, he was really the best player no matter what quarter it is, regular season or nba finals.

but lebron? just too many holes in his game. when did the league have a best player who disappears when his team needs him in big moments.

that's the difference. best player in the league in the past years vs best player in the league today.

JustBringIt
07-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Kobe wasnt so great against Dallas..... What is your point? That Lebron played bad for a series?

Kobe went to 3 straight finals basically another whole season played he had multiple injuries, and he and bynum were the only ones who played somewhat decent that series the rest of the team was absolute trash, Lebron doesn't have that he wa well rested, healthy, and guess what he wasn't even the 2nd best player on his team in the finals, he was more like 3rd or 4th. And why is this just about Kobe? Didn't I say I would take Dwight, and wade instead of Lebron as well. Is it that kobe is still the best? Probably, atleast he's still the player other teams don't wanna play against.

Slug3
07-14-2011, 09:55 PM
i hate lebron but i can't argue about him being the best player in the league.

but the problem is, in the past, if you say bird is the best player, you couldn't question him.

when magic was the best player, he delivered when necessary and won them titles.

when MJ was the best player, he was really the best player no matter what quarter it is, regular season or nba finals.

but lebron? just too many holes in his game. when did the league have a best player who disappears when his team needs him in big moments.

that's the difference. best player in the league in the past years vs best player in the league today.

This is pretty much true..... I mean he can decide to work on those holes and get better, or just still be great but have some what if's.... but there is one thing and that is he is still pretty young at 26. Might still have a good 6 or 7 prime years left. Who knows what he might bring to the NBA.

justinnum1
07-14-2011, 09:57 PM

Did you watch the ECF?

JustBringIt
07-14-2011, 09:58 PM
People are getting butt hurt because I don't think Lebron is the best lol

juno10
07-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Kobe went to 3 straight finals basically another whole season played he had multiple injuries, and he and bynum were the only ones who played somewhat decent that series the rest of the team was absolute trash, Lebron doesn't have that he wa well rested, healthy, and guess what he wasn't even the 2nd best player on his team in the finals, he was more like 3rd or 4th. And why is this just about Kobe? Didn't I say I would take Dwight, and wade instead of Lebron as well. Is it that kobe is still the best? Probably, atleast he's still the player other teams don't wanna play against.

not even close.

h2r09
07-14-2011, 09:59 PM
not that this poll matters at all, but that 2,000 plus sample size of people isnt big at all and doesnt cover a wide range of kind of people. not exactly a trustworthy poll, but people just want "stuff" at this point in the offseason.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm not a Lebron fan, but who cares, this is just people views if they like him or not...

This is just your view.

Slug3
07-14-2011, 10:08 PM
People are getting butt hurt because I don't think Lebron is the best lol

No, because I said To you Lebron is not the best player in the league, and you said

No he's not

bagwell368
07-14-2011, 10:10 PM

Yeah sure, Celts punked him two years in row, now the Mavs join in.

bagwell368
07-14-2011, 10:11 PM
he choked yes dirk choked some years ago look at him now he's young and scoring isn't the only facet in his game he still rebounded and got near trip doubs and yeah dont even mention kobe his days are done

Let's see him get over the hump first...

Also don't forget the Celts punked him two years in a row before this year.

ragee
07-14-2011, 10:12 PM
I hate the guy but to say that people don't think and talk about him is absurd... PSD alone would speak the exact opposite... There is a thread about Lebron everyday and even the non-related thread gets turned into a Lebron thread every once in a while...

juno10
07-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Let's see him get over the hump first...

Also don't forget the Celts punked him two years in a row before this year.

yeah difference is celtics were just better than his teams this year he just choked miami basically had the series and choked it away.

JustBringIt
07-14-2011, 10:30 PM
No, because I said To you Lebron is not the best player in the league, and you said

No he's not

Because I misunderstood you

CHANGO
07-14-2011, 10:32 PM
No he's not, never was I don't see anything speacial in lebron that separates him from everyone else, I mean you close the paint on Him and he becomes a limited player. How can the Best in the NBA only score what like 2 points in every fourth quarter lol

That's what I say, and "ElMarroAfamawtfishisname" also says, he's like Corey Maggette. :clap:

CHANGO
07-14-2011, 10:35 PM
LOL @ Kobe the most complete player. Hahahaha!

bmd1101
07-14-2011, 10:35 PM
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201107/lebron-james-mind-boggling-free-fall-continues

it really is mind-boggling.

He looks like hes going to cry in that picture lol.

not that this poll matters at all, but that 2,000 plus sample size of people isnt big at all and doesnt cover a wide range of kind of people. not exactly a trustworthy poll, but people just want "stuff" at this point in the offseason.

Perhaps you should study statistics before you give your "expert" opinion, you don't know what your talking about. That sample size is MUCH larger then average. Thanks

CHANGO
07-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Anyway, to answer the thread. Who cares this is public's opinion. And the reality is that Lebron is the most popular athlete of the moment, perhaps not in a good way but everywhere you hear his name.

Ray_R
07-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Derrick Rose= Crack (everyone loves him)

Im guessing this survey is from people who dont usually watch sports?

pd1dish
07-14-2011, 10:56 PM
i dont like the man but i cant argue with the fact that he is the best basketball player in the world.

sventhedog
07-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Derrick Rose= Crack (everyone loves him)

Im guessing this survey is from people who dont usually watch sports?

not really. if you look at lebron's resume before he left the cavs. it would really do something to his popularity.

- quit on the cavs while still in the playoffs - the decision - admit he can't do it and ask wade and bosh to win him a ring - pre-season parade - counting championships - struggle at the start of the season - played better at the 2nd half of the season - win all the playoff series and reach the finals - choked - choked again - guess what he did after that?

D Roses Bulls
07-14-2011, 11:06 PM
lebron's still the best player in the world.... no one really gives a crap about the fans views of "popularity" lol

the sponsors I'm pretty sure will care :shrug:

itsripcity32
07-14-2011, 11:13 PM

idk.. cus both of em choke in the playoffs

lakeshow3peat
07-14-2011, 11:14 PM
makes me laugh with all this lebron best player and stuff
the guy is a good that means good player not great or the best
If he actually uses his Talents with the heat maybe just maybe he will get a ring and live up to his name as a king .

juno10
07-14-2011, 11:22 PM

they hate on him but they still watch him,talk about him, buy his gear(#1 in jersey sales)

knightstemplar
07-14-2011, 11:30 PM

also chris paul

i want a player that doesnt choke

Hiphopopotamus
07-14-2011, 11:41 PM
I like that some people act like this isn't a big deal....cuz it is. Lebron wants to be a global brand and icon. Guess what people have to you know....actually like you to be a global brand.

Stuckey#3
07-14-2011, 11:50 PM

You need to put an * with that statement.

*best player in the world without a ring. (Except for maybe Dwight Howard)

Stuckey#3
07-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Didn't realize ten people wrote the same thing before I posted...

Astronaut
07-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Too bad. He's still earning millions of dollars a year.

This is coming from a Cavs fan, get over it everyone.

juno10
07-14-2011, 11:54 PM
As far as Lebron being the best player goes...its very difficult to call someone the best player when that player hasnt accomplish the ultimate goal in winning a championship. What people fail to understand is that putting up big numbers is good but if it doesnt translate into winning, and especially winning when it matters the most, those big numbers are irrelevant. LBJ puts up big numbers, but he cant win. Thats not someone who should be considered the best.

last time i checked championships are team accomplishments

jason terrry>charles barkley cause barkley doesn't have a ring:facepalm:

Stuckey#3
07-14-2011, 11:56 PM

I agree. I think Nike needs a new face; someone that people actually want to win.

I wonder how Vitamin Water sales are doing? (that **** is disgusting)

Kenny
07-14-2011, 11:58 PM
He had the number one jersey sales in the nba this year. This thread is beyond pointless

itsripcity32
07-15-2011, 12:08 AM
you were the one that went off topic first so why can't i? bulls will see a championship way before the pistons do...you have to make the playoffs first. :rolleyes:

i was responding to a post bout rose and lebron smart one. what team was the last one to win it all? not the bulls. your statement is just a matter of opinion :rolleyes:

CHANGO
07-15-2011, 12:10 AM
Here's popularity is confused with sympathy. As I mentioned before, Lebron is the athlete of the moment, the most popular, but not in a good way. I dare say that 75% of the world (and maybe more) doesn't like Lebron, that's why he has fallen down in these rankings of 'popularity', but the reality is that they don't sympathize with Lebron.

You can be popular in the good way (example Pacquiao, Durant, Dirk) or bad (example Mayweather, Lebron, the ***** of a school).

KnicksR4Real
07-15-2011, 12:11 AM
suck on these chinese nuts

juno10
07-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Everything is a team accomplishment. Its a team game. MVPs are a team accomplishment. Youre not gonna win the MVP unless youre team is considered one of the best. Your PPG are also a team accomplishment, youre not out there playing 1 on 5. Its a team game, but for some reason, the greatest of the greats carry their teams when its needed of them to championships.

And its obvious Barkley is greater than Jason Terry. Terry was never a franchise player. The better comparison would be Dirk to Barkely. If Dirk is able to carry his team to one or two more championships then he will be considered greater than Barkley.

You people who discredit championships by saying "its a team accomplishment" and things like Horry > Barkely cuz he has more championships. Guys like Horry and Terry are ROLE players, not franchise players. You cannot compare the two. LBJ on the other hand is a franchise player, and thus far, he has won nothing.

If championships dont matter cuz theyre "team accomplishments" then how come MVPs matter so much. Just an irrational argument.

NOTHING matters more than championships if youre the franchise player, and just like Barkely, if you have zero championships, your legacy will be greatly affected.

i get that but does it make sense to say lebron isn't currently the best player in the league and say its because he hasn't won a ring in this point of their careers lebron is better than kobe i don't get it when people say kobe is better than bron right now because he won a ring. honestly how is lebron not the best player in the league.

nickdymez
07-15-2011, 01:03 AM

Yea, but people dont like losers.. People who do tend to be losers themselves... lmfao

The Final Boss
07-15-2011, 01:17 AM
Who's LoLebron James?

Stuckey#3
07-15-2011, 01:57 AM
However, thats because Kobe no longer has the athleticism he once had and Lebron is 27 and a freak of nature athlete. Kobe is still more skilled and the much better closer, but, ya at this point in their careers, Lebron will put up better numbers.

But one thing to take in all of this is that some people dont consider Lebron to be the best. Not because he doesnt have a ring, but because he has too many flaws in his game, and because he comes up short time and time again when it matters the most.

Also Lebron's window is closing. He relies on his athleticism too much. He can shoot; but can't shoot mid-range like KG can or hit the 3 consistently like Dirk. Bron is a big SF and these type of players do not age like wine.
He should still be able to pass well though.
Once he loses his athleticism he will be a poor-mans Magic Johnson.
Kobe at 32>Lebron at 32. Kobe at 34 will be>Lebron at 32.

sventhedog
07-15-2011, 03:04 AM
i get that but does it make sense to say lebron isn't currently the best player in the league and say its because he hasn't won a ring in this point of their careers lebron is better than kobe i don't get it when people say kobe is better than bron right now because he won a ring. honestly how is lebron not the best player in the league.

then let's disregard the titles. my question is how in the world does lebron find time to consistently choke in every single finals game he has played?

it's not like this is just some hater's opinion. his choking talent is well-documented.

the media says lebron would win a title soon especially now that he jumped to a team with allstars. but what they can't really say is when lebron would soon deliver when the team clearly needs him.

you all know about that 'lebron owns reporter' video. MJ hasn't been asked that question because MJ didn't leave much room for questioning making big shots. Kobe also hasn't been asked that question and he also made big shots in big moments. so why was lebron asked? simple. there was just too much room for questioning.

jp611
07-15-2011, 03:15 AM
I doubt he gives a damn

jmtapia
07-15-2011, 03:36 AM
funny how he is so unpopular yet gets the most attention. go figure.

3ballbomber
07-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Let me just squash some nonsense right now...........all these cats saying "he's still the best player in the league"........how can you continue to spew that trash when the guy has failed over & over again @ acquiring the most important thing & especially after how he displayed himself in the 4th quarters of the finals. It's almost like the richest man in the grave yard. What's the use of having all that money (talent) when your dead (when you don't use your talents to achieve perfection & reach higher goals).

Squash that nonsense for real!!!! I'd much rather be a role player playing a significant role in achieving championships for my team than a star who can't acquire anything but individual acholades.

sventhedog
07-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Let me just squash some nonsense right now...........all these cats saying "he's still the best player in the league"........how can you continue to spew that trash when the guy has failed over & over again @ acquiring the most important thing & especially after how he displayed himself in the 4th quarters of the finals. It's almost like the richest man in the grave yard. What's the use of having all that money (talent) when your dead (when you don't use your talents to achieve perfection & reach higher goals).

Squash that nonsense for real!!!! I'd much rather be a role player playing a significant role in achieving championships for my team than a star who can't acquire anything but individual acholades.

you have a point. i think the issue here is we just can't think of a better player than lebron in the regular season. especially that kobe is getting older.

you are certainly correct because lebron has made failing his hobby.

i'm not a cat though.

effen5
07-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Yea, but people dont like losers.. People who do tend to be losers themselves... lmfao

No....I don't like losers who call themselves "The King" or "The Chosen One"

Sly Guy
07-15-2011, 09:23 AM

that might be the logical stand, but I think it probably matters more to LeBron than us. He's not as marketable now, so he's likely to lose money in endorsements and appearances on SNL.

mjm07
07-15-2011, 09:24 AM

Very well said :clap::clap:

Kenny Powders
07-15-2011, 09:30 AM
lebron's still the best regular season player in the world.... no one really gives a crap about the fans views of "popularity" lol

fixed.

mjm07
07-15-2011, 09:33 AM
that might be the logical stand, but I think it probably matters more to LeBron than us. He's not as marketable now, so he's likely to lose money in endorsements and appearances on SNL.

Maybe he'll have less SNL appearances but he's definetly not losing ANY type of endorsement money. Get ur facts straight.

May 2010-May 2011 = 48million.

Lebrons 3rd only behind Kobe and Tiger.

http://www.therichest.org/sports/forbes-highest-paid-athletes/

Hugbees
07-15-2011, 09:44 AM
popularity = $$. His bank account will soon feel this. Not that he will be doing bad, it's just that he could be making more if he had a better image. I know some of you touchy heat fans will misinterpret this as an attack though.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-15-2011, 09:45 AM
lebron is defiantly # 1 in popularity whether ppl love or hate .

DieHardCubFan
07-15-2011, 10:14 AM
the picture made him look skinnier

Sly Guy
07-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Maybe he'll have less SNL appearances but he's definetly not losing ANY type of endorsement money. Get ur facts straight.

May 2010-May 2011 = 48million.

Lebrons 3rd only behind Kobe and Tiger.

http://www.therichest.org/sports/forbes-highest-paid-athletes/

Chalk it up to the market lagging the market forces.

mjm07
07-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Market Lagging is spot on. Definelty not because hundreds of thounsands people support him. Definetly not that.

Even if LBJ wins not 6, not 7, not 8 championships. The same haters today will be the same haters in the future. Everyone needs a job.

SKINZ1017
07-15-2011, 11:27 AM
never understood how somebody can be the best player in the world, when they constantly CHOKE when it counts (playoffs)

juno10
07-15-2011, 11:32 AM
never understood how somebody can be the best player in the world, when they constantly CHOKE when it counts (playoffs)

he only choked this year in the finals, he quit last year, and look at his numbers and tell me he choked those other years:facepalm: i don't know why people think he chokes in the playoffs a lot. detroit ecf playoffs,this year vs bulls, he has a lot of epic playoff performances.

SteBO
07-15-2011, 11:46 AM
I guess you either...

A) Haven't watched him play period
B) Just don't understand how the NBA is. I guess Dallas' defense had nothing to with LeBron's subpar Finals. LeBron is the best player in the NBA. Period. It's not close dude.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Not really surprised about this.

SKINZ1017
07-15-2011, 12:31 PM
he only choked this year in the finals, he quit last year, and look at his numbers and tell me he choked those other years:facepalm: i don't know why people think he chokes in the playoffs a lot. detroit ecf playoffs,this year vs bulls, he has a lot of epic playoff performances.

the BEST shouldnt choke, quit, and numbers dont mean shyt...how about about "letters", W's that is...so get off his nuts. u must be a MIA fan

Sly Guy
07-15-2011, 12:33 PM
I guess you either...

B) Just don't understand how the NBA is. I guess Dallas' defense had nothing to with LeBron's subpar Finals. LeBron is the best player in the NBA. Period. It's not close dude.

LeBron isn't even the best player on his team.

juno10
07-15-2011, 12:34 PM
the BEST shouldnt choke, quit, and numbers dont mean shyt...how about about "letters", W's that is...so get off his nuts. u must be a MIA fan

kobe has quit in games and series vs the suns in the playoffs so yah, and no im not a mia fan are you fan of a team he refused to sign with therefore you;re buthurt over it/?/

SteBO
07-15-2011, 12:36 PM
I love Wade, but this is false.

juno10

:facepalm: come one man how is wade better right now wth

SKINZ1017
I guess you either...

how havent i watched him play period when he USED to be my favorite player. I QUIT after he QUIT on his team last year, and joining forces with his butt buddies doesnt make you the best player. Or you could say, most talented. But to be the best you have to win something first

juno10
07-15-2011, 12:38 PM
how havent i watched him play period when he USED to be my favorite player. I QUIT after he QUIT on his team last year, and joining forces with his butt buddies doesnt make you the best player. Or you could say, most talented. But to be the best you have to win something first

so who's the best than wats your top 3.

SKINZ1017
07-15-2011, 12:38 PM
kobe has quit in games and series vs the suns in the playoffs so yah, and no im not a mia fan are you fan of a team he refused to sign with therefore you;re buthurt over it/?/

i didnt say Kobe was either. and no im not a fan of a team he refused to sign with, im a fan of the team that didnt give a shyt where he ended up playing aka bulls. and no hard feelings towards this ECF, just calling out what i see maneeeee

SteBO
07-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Who's the best player in the NBA in your mind?

SKINZ1017
07-15-2011, 12:40 PM
so who's the best than wats your top 3.

Wade
Nowitzki
Kobe

juno10
07-15-2011, 12:43 PM
i didnt say Kobe was either. and no im not a fan of a team he refused to sign with, im a fan of the team that didnt give a shyt where he ended up playing aka bulls. and no hard feelings towards this ECF, just calling out what i see maneeeee

so you're a bulls fan its well known bulls were one of the likely destinations and when he didn't sign you probably almost committed suicide and after the way he took a dump on the bulls in the ECF its understandable why you're hating on him.

SteBO
07-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Wade
Nowitzki
Kobe

I'm glad somebody appreciates what Wade does for the Heat, because they're too fixated on LeBron to notice, but LeBron has more versatile all around skills and that imo, puts him over Wade. I understand why you'd put Dirk at #2(he just won a title, though I think there are too many people living in the moment), but how is Kobe better than LeBron at this juncture?

SKINZ1017
07-15-2011, 12:44 PM
so you're a bulls fan its well known bulls were one of the likely destinations and when he didn't sign you probably almost committed suicide and after the way he took a dump on the bulls in the ECF its understandable why you're hating on him.

likely destinations for HIM, but did anybody lobby for the guy on my team??? NO! Our best player didnt try to recruit him and neither did our coach, I'd rather him stay in Cleveland. So no im not hating sir

juno10
07-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Wade
Nowitzki
Kobe

so basically your list is the best players with a ring

SKINZ1017
07-15-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm glad somebody appreciates what Wade does for the Heat, because they're too fixated on LeBron to notice, but LeBron has more versatile all around skills and that imo, puts him over Wade. I understand why you'd put Dirk at #2(he just won a title, though I think there are too many people living in the moment), but how is Kobe better than LeBron at this juncture?

yeah definately, always liked Wade, just think LeBron is bad for Wade right now, i mean when have you ever seen Wade act childish and immature. But Wade is more clutch, plays better D and has a ring. Dirk...well enough said, I always thought he was underrated and now the rest of the ESPN brainwashed NBA fans can appreciate the guy. At this juncture I'd still rather have the ball in Kobe's hands anyday rather than LeBron, even though he's older and slightly declining, he's still a leader, can be an a--hole at times but you gotta respect him

juno10
07-15-2011, 12:48 PM
likely destinations for HIM, but did anybody lobby for the guy on my team??? NO! Our best player didnt try to recruit him and neither did our coach, I'd rather him stay in Cleveland. So no im not hating sir

the whole bulls organization did they held interviews with him and obviously the #1 target. and rose sent him a text saying he would like to play with him.

In a Sports Illustrated article, Rose revealed that he sent James a text message saying: "I'm just hitting you up to kill all the rumors that I don't want to play with you. I'd like to play with you. I just want to win."

SKINZ1017
07-15-2011, 12:49 PM
so basically your list is the best players with a ring

Not exactly, but it does help their case. You're acting like i said LeBron sucks and I'd rather have Steve Francis. I just dont think he's the best in the league, dont put your thong on backwards tomorrow morning, chill out dude

juno10
07-15-2011, 12:50 PM
yeah definately, always liked Wade, just think LeBron is bad for Wade right now, i mean when have you ever seen Wade act childish and immature. But Wade is more clutch, plays better D and has a ring. Dirk...well enough said, I always thought he was underrated and now the rest of the ESPN brainwashed NBA fans can appreciate the guy. At this juncture I'd still rather have the ball in Kobe's hands anyday rather than LeBron, even though he's older and slightly declining, he's still a leader, can be an a--hole at times but you gotta respect him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJOCqCrrRHk

juno10
07-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Not exactly, but it does help their case. You're acting like i said LeBron sucks and I'd rather have Steve Francis. I just dont think he's the best in the league, dont put your thong on backwards tomorrow morning, chill out dude

im sorry he didn't sign with the bulls.

SKINZ1017
07-15-2011, 12:52 PM
the whole bulls organization did they held interviews with him and obviously the #1 target. and rose sent him a text saying he would like to play with him.

In a Sports Illustrated article, Rose revealed that he sent James a text message saying: "I'm just hitting you up to kill all the rumors that I don't want to play with you. I'd like to play with you. I just want to win."

we didnt exactly fall into the craziness of all the hype though is what im saying, we didnt carry it like Miami, New York and Cleveland. So NO nobody on our team lost any sleep over. Just lost a series, but we'll be back.

SKINZ1017
07-15-2011, 12:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJOCqCrrRHk

exactly, when lebron got there

juno10
07-15-2011, 12:54 PM
we didnt exactly fall into the craziness of all the hype though is what im saying, we didnt carry it like Miami, New York and Cleveland. So NO nobody on our team lost any sleep over. Just lost a series, but we'll be back.

i'll admit that,some cavs fans took it too far almost cying over him.

SKINZ1017
07-15-2011, 12:56 PM
im sorry he didn't sign with the bulls.

im not, I dont want his antics reflecting off on Rose or Deng

Cal827
07-15-2011, 01:02 PM

:facepalm: lol

Not only did the organization try to get him, I'm pretty sure Boozer and Rose reached out to him. Chicago was lobbying to get these guys: they made offers to Toronto during the season to pry Bosh. They also dumped salary in order to be able to offer max deal(s) out the year before (Like the Knicks).

I mean yes his popularity might have fallen off, but it likely was a good decision. It would have been nice for him to win a title in Cleveland, but they were in a pretty bad situation. They had a ton of bad contracts (E.g. Jamison, Williams), if he had stayed, that team would likely be knocked out in the first round. Miami would still have Wade/Bosh as well as better bench since they would be able to acquire other pieces, Bulls have Noah, Deng and Rose (Boozer is an overrated ******bag), Orlando has a bunch of guys, , New York with Melo/Amare.... They would have been stuck (like Orlando and Atlanta).

Voodoo Alchemy
07-15-2011, 01:12 PM

not in the 4th

juno10
07-15-2011, 02:26 PM
im not, I dont want his antics reflecting off on Rose or Deng

they're not babies bro lmao

Shmontaine
07-15-2011, 02:48 PM
he doesn't have the mentality it takes to be the "best". he has the physical ability for now, but he doesn't have good fundamentals and it seems like his game is predicated on driving hard to the basket or launching ill-advised threes. there are more aspects of the game that he doesn't have, or doesn't seem to care about. he seems to work on his strengths rather than address his weaknesses. he has pretty bad footwork and he was allowed to travel quite a bit in the postseason.

can he be the best, of course he has the physicality to be one of the best all time, but that's only half, maybe 40% of the battle. he chokes and doesn't do what all you say he does when it matters for his team to win... he was two wins away from a championship and he couldn't get it together for 2 games... sorry, that's not a winner. sure, dallas' defense confused him, but it mostly made him change his game, which he can't do effectively. the greats can beat you anyway you want them to beat you. lebron is only successful when he plays the way he wants to play. that's not a winner.

popularity and infamy are different things. #1 jersey sales are due more to him changing teams and fans needing to get his current jersey. i really still get confused by heat fans. he lost you guys a championship, and everyone still is on his nuts. two games away, and he couldn't deliver. it's going to be very very hard to get two games away from a championship again.

why do people think he will get better?? he doesn't have the mentality to be humble enough to address his weaknesses IMO. he's just going back to his great life. again, i get the hate from the rest of the league and fans, but miami fans should be pissed at him too IMO. shouldn't have to coddle the best player in the league.

Mc Uncle Cola
07-15-2011, 02:52 PM
only like 2,00 people were polled on this ...stupid.. but derek jeter is the man

KeepMonta#8
07-15-2011, 03:10 PM
he doesn't have the mentality it takes to be the "best". he has the physical ability for now, but he doesn't have good fundamentals and it seems like his game is predicated on driving hard to the basket or launching ill-advised threes. there are more aspects of the game that he doesn't have, or doesn't seem to care about. he seems to work on his strengths rather than address his weaknesses. he has pretty bad footwork and he was allowed to travel quite a bit in the postseason.

can he be the best, of course he has the physicality to be one of the best all time, but that's only half, maybe 40% of the battle. he chokes and doesn't do what all you say he does when it matters for his team to win... he was two wins away from a championship and he couldn't get it together for 2 games... sorry, that's not a winner. sure, dallas' defense confused him, but it mostly made him change his game, which he can't do effectively. the greats can beat you anyway you want them to beat you. lebron is only successful when he plays the way he wants to play. that's not a winner.

popularity and infamy are different things. #1 jersey sales are due more to him changing teams and fans needing to get his current jersey. i really still get confused by heat fans. he lost you guys a championship, and everyone still is on his nuts. two games away, and he couldn't deliver. it's going to be very very hard to get two games away from a championship again.

why do people think he will get better?? he doesn't have the mentality to be humble enough to address his weaknesses IMO. he's just going back to his great life. again, i get the hate from the rest of the league and fans, but miami fans should be pissed at him too IMO. shouldn't have to coddle the best player in the league.

and rose has it?

D Roses Bulls
07-15-2011, 03:12 PM
some people are still mad that rose and even kobe is more more popular then lebron? SMH........ get over it.

SteBO
07-15-2011, 03:13 PM

All valid points, but it would be just as stupid to think he can't get better either. I'm not miffed at LeBron for playing like a puss, since there are many other factors that go into it. I just don't get why you aren't crediting Dallas defense. By saying that LeBron lost us a championship, you're essentially discrediting Dallas in my opinion, which isn't right. You mentioned that in your middle paragraph, but to me, that's contradictory.

Shmontaine
07-15-2011, 03:14 PM
and rose has it?

classic response.. didn't realize this thread was about rose... but if you must know... i was really disappointed with rose in the ecf... he tried to do things that he hadn't done all year...

unlike lbj, he has put himself in the cross hairs, took the blame for all loses, and vowed to address the weaknesses in his game... btw it was his third year in the league compared to lbj's 8... plenty of reason to see more growth in drose than lbj... but whatever, choose to ignore everything i said... clearly you agree

legalize
07-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Lebron and Kobe are the two most popular basketball players in the world. There is no doubt about that. Both are household names and known by people who are not fans of the game. However, what seperates one from the other in this regard is that both are popular for two completely opposite reasons.

KmB728
07-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Not 5th... Not 6th....Not 7th!?

Shmontaine
07-15-2011, 03:20 PM
All valid points, but it would be just as stupid to think he can't get better either. I'm not miffed at LeBron for playing like a puss, since there are many other factors that go into it. I just don't get why you aren't crediting Dallas defense. By saying that LeBron lost us a championship, you're essentially discrediting Dallas in my opinion, which isn't right. You mentioned that in your middle paragraph, but to me, that's contradictory.

i credit dallas with making lbj do thing he's not used to doing, making him uncomfortable... i blame lbj for not being able to take what defenses give him and still be effective... sure, dallas saw the weakness that lbj has, and they played to them.. but, the greatest player in the game should be able to overcome whatever defense is in front of him... two games away from the biggest goal in his career..

SteBO
07-15-2011, 03:24 PM
i credit dallas with making lbj do thing he's not used to doing, making him uncomfortable... i blame lbj for not being able to take what defenses give him and still be effective... sure, dallas saw the weakness that lbj has, and they played to them.. but, the greatest player in the game should be able to overcome whatever defense is in front of him... two games away from the biggest goal in his career..
Alright, fair. That's the reason I was mad at LeBron. The Mavs were forcing perimeter shots from him, yet LeBron settled and wasn't stubborn enough to just continue to attack the basket. Not only that, he let Jason Terry light him up near series end, and didn't impact the games defensively like he did against Boston and Chicago. I don't what happened to him, but it was the wrong to make a dissappearing act. One thing's for sure though, without him we would've lost to Boston in the second round.

Shmontaine
07-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Alright, fair. That's the reason I was mad at LeBron. The Mavs were forcing perimeter shots from him, yet LeBron settled and wasn't stubborn enough to just continue to attack the basket. Not only that, he let Jason Terry light him up near series end, and didn't impact the games defensively like he did against Boston and Chicago. I don't what happened to him, but it was the wrong to make a dissappearing act. One thing's for sure though, without him we would've lost to Boston in the second round.

don't get me wrong, he very well could come back next year (or the year after that with no season) and be a different player. He surely has not had the hate/criticism his entire life like what he experienced this last year... IF he takes this as motivation to get better (IE accepting that he does have holes in his game and needs to be better to win a championship) as opposed to writing it off as "hater's gonna hate", i definitely see the heat winning it all... he just seems like a headcase, and i'm not sure he will ever figure it out..

juno10
07-15-2011, 03:36 PM
classic response.. didn't realize this thread was about rose... but if you must know... i was really disappointed with rose in the ecf... he tried to do things that he hadn't done all year...

unlike lbj, he has put himself in the cross hairs, took the blame for all loses, and vowed to address the weaknesses in his game... btw it was his third year in the league compared to lbj's 8... plenty of reason to see more growth in drose than lbj... but whatever, choose to ignore everything i said... clearly you agree

rose will never be as good as lebron ever.

Shmontaine
07-15-2011, 03:44 PM
rose will never be as good as lebron ever.

thanks for that... being as good as lbj seems to be leading to great things... i hope drose is never lbj...

blastmasta26
07-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Damn, a lot of LBJ bashing going on here. I will say this, I believe LeBron choked to an extent in the Finals. The Mavs played very tough D against him, but as the best player in the league, he should have been able to do more, especially with his defense. Regardless, he is still the best player in the league and will remain to be until his decline.

And maybe his popularity decreased, but interest in him skyrocketed. LeBron is ubiquitous on PSD with all the topics made about him. If he ever wants to repair his image, he must be more careful with what he says/does around the media because he faces much more scrutiny than anyone, although some of it is warranted. He also needs to win a title. The Heat and LeBron are certainly good enough to do it, it just comes down to having the right mindset.

SteBO
07-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Damn, a lot of LBJ bashing going on here. I will say this, I believe LeBron choked to an extent in the Finals. The Mavs played very tough D against him, but as the best player in the league, he should have been able to do more, especially with his defense. Regardless, he is still the best player in the league and will remain to be until his decline.

And maybe his popularity decreased, but interest in him skyrocketed. LeBron is ubiquitous on PSD with all the topics made about him. If he ever wants to repair his image, he must be more careful with what he says/does around the media because he faces much more scrutiny than anyone, although some of it is warranted. He also needs to win a title. The Heat and LeBron are certainly good enough to do it, it just comes down to having the right mindset.

I agree 100% with all of this. Great post :clap:

sventhedog
07-15-2011, 06:48 PM
don't get me wrong, he very well could come back next year (or the year after that with no season) and be a different player. He surely has not had the hate/criticism his entire life like what he experienced this last year... IF he takes this as motivation to get better (IE accepting that he does have holes in his game and needs to be better to win a championship) as opposed to writing it off as "hater's gonna hate", i definitely see the heat winning it all... he just seems like a headcase, and i'm not sure he will ever figure it out..

the problem with predictions is that they don't always happen. he could very well choke again. everything turns bad with blamefest, which we all know is one of lebron's hobbies. then miami would be forced to break the team.

kobelakersnba
07-15-2011, 06:50 PM
im not suprised by this. maybe if he didn't choke in the finals, he would have increased in ranking and be a top 10..oh well there's always next year

Ebbs
07-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Who cares it's not like he thought he somehow was more popular this year lol.

Avenged
07-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Who's the best player in the NBA in your mind?

Dwight Howard!

sventhedog
07-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Not 5th... Not 6th....Not 7th!?

apparently, lebron's skills are dunking, layups, passing, defense, counting.

ldawg
07-15-2011, 08:40 PM
they hate on him but they still watch him,talk about him, buy his gear(#1 in jersey sales)He would not get a penny from me unless its a few seats i'll pay for at games.

todu82
07-16-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't think this matters to Lebron. Guy's still the best player in the world.

smith&wesson
07-16-2011, 10:17 AM

tough to say he is the best player in the world. his game didnt suggest that in the finals. thats gotta count for somthing.

im not even hating on the guy he still one of my fav players. im just saying..

nickdymez
07-16-2011, 11:58 AM

How many of you robots are gonna say this ****?

Avenged
07-16-2011, 12:19 PM
How many of you robots are gonna say this ****?

CHANGO
07-16-2011, 01:01 PM

Stuckey#3
07-16-2011, 01:03 PM
He is still the best player... and losing the finals was not his fault.

I mean how is he supposed to win with scrubs like Wade and Bosh on his team? And D-league talent like Haslem and Mike Miller riding the bench? Not too mention the lack of playoff experience and veteran leadership... Z, J Howard, Bibby.

Lebron needs a front office and coach that will give him the kind of support he needs; then he will win multiple championships.

He can't do it by himself.

Tony_Starks
07-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Lebron is the NBA's version of 50 cent. You can love him or hate him but at the end of the day you're still talking about him so ultimately he wins.......

Storch
07-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Lebron's not famous, he's infamous.

Storch
07-16-2011, 03:20 PM

I mean how is he supposed to win with scrubs like Wade and Bosh on his team? And D-league talent like Haslem and Mike Miller riding the bench? Not too mention the lack of playoff experience and veteran leadership... Z, J Howard, Bibby.

Lebron needs a front office and coach that will give him the kind of support he needs; then he will win multiple championships.

I see what you did there. ;)

tredigs
07-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Dwight Howard!

Do you actually believe that? (I haven't been reading this thread at all).

Tony_Starks
07-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Best player in the world? We don't believe you, you need more people!

He's not even the best player on his team......

nickdymez
07-16-2011, 03:23 PM

My point exactly.. Give the guy a break... No one wins a championship by themselves, its a TEAM game! Pat Reily needs to get off his *** and get Lebron another superstar or i predict He takes his talents somewhere else!

tredigs
07-16-2011, 03:29 PM
So basically, this is just a thread for Lakers fans/Lebron haters to circle jerk on each others ****? Awesome. Now I realize why I didn't check this until now.

Khalifa21
07-16-2011, 03:36 PM

legalize
07-16-2011, 03:38 PM
So basically, this is just a thread for Lakers fans/Lebron haters to circle jerk on each others ****? Awesome. Now I realize why I didn't check this until now.

So some people dont feel like LBJ is the best. Whats the problem with that? What has he done to garner the repsect to be called the best? Does he put up the best numbers during the regular season? Sure he does. But does he step up and carry his team on the big stage? Well, he failed at that last season. You dont get anything handed to you in this league. You gotta earn it. Lebron's a great regular season player, but when the game slows down and matters the most, he gets progressively worse.

tredigs
07-16-2011, 04:03 PM
So some people dont feel like LBJ is the best. Whats the problem with that? What has he done to garner the repsect to be called the best? Does he put up the best numbers during the regular season? Sure he does. But does he step up and carry his team on the big stage? Well, he failed at that last season. You dont get anything handed to you in this league. You gotta earn it. Lebron's a great regular season player, but when the game slows down and matters the most, he gets progressively worse.

I have no problem with anyone thinking he's not the best (though even most Heat fans will tell you that night in/night out Lebron was generally their best player... and that's the league's #2 or 3), it's the constant bashing that you have to find funny when it concerns a guy as successful as he's been.

But school yourself on his history bud, he's by and large an incredible playoff performer. Went far too soft against Dallas (and honestly after being ran 44 MPG in this post-season, it's possible he was flat out out of gas), but are you so shortsighted that you forgot who was the clutch performer in the Boston series, or who absolutely decimated the Bulls? One guess, and it wasn't Wade.

The dude's playoff stats, and many of his playoff performances are flat out legendary. He still has a lot to prove to live up to the media hype machine, but he's already been more impressive on an individual level (in the playoffs) than 99.9% of the players to ever step on a court. Playoff career #'s of 28/8/7, PER of 26 and WS/48 of .222. Elite D? Those playoff numbers make a guy like Kobe look like a child in comparison.

Context is king.

legalize
07-16-2011, 04:09 PM
I have no problem with anyone thinking he's not the best (though even most Heat fans will tell you that night in/night out Lebron was generally their best player... and that's the league's #2 or 3), it's the constant bashing that you have to find funny when it concerns a guy as successful as he's been.

But school yourself on his history bud, he's by and large an incredible playoff performer. Went far too soft against Dallas (and honestly after being ran 44 MPG in this post-season, it's possible he was flat out out of gas), but are you so shortsighted that you forgot who was the clutch performer in the Boston series, or who absolutely decimated the Bulls? One guess, and it wasn't Wade.

The dude's playoff stats, and many of his playoff performances are flat out legendary. He still has a lot to prove to live up to the media hype machine, but he's already been more impressive on an individual level (in the playoffs) than 99.9% of the players to ever step on a court. Playoff career #'s of 28/8/7, PER of 26 and WS/48 of .222. Elite D? Those playoff numbers make a guy like Kobe look like a child in comparison.

Context is king.

Oh believe me Ive been following this game for a long long time my friend..and Ive learned that putting up good numbers means nothing if you cannot translate those into W's. Lebron is not a great playoff performer. I think any reasonable NBA fan can attest to that. This last year's finals shows that, 2 years ago against Boston clearly indicated that, the fact that he got swept the 1st time he reached the finals also shows that. While you can stick with the argument that his playoff numbers make a guy "like Kobe look like a child in comparison," but a "guy like Kobe" in the playoffs cannot be compared to a guy like Lebron. Kobe is one of the all time greatest playoff performers to play the game. Hes done it over and over again on the big stage. Lebron has yet to do it once. Not fair to compare LBJ to a guy like Kobe or Magic or MJ in the playoffs cuz thats something he just cannot live up to at this point.

Jewelz0376
07-16-2011, 04:18 PM

x2

Lol you gotta love the Lebron apologists huh?

"But But Look at his numbers..bla bla bla"

What good is it to play well in the the 1st 3 rounds if your just going to disappear in the finals...

This is the 2nd year in the row he's done something like that...It's not like he's had bad shooting nights...he just didn't give a dam enough to play as hard as he could.

tredigs
07-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Oh believe me Ive been following this game for a long long time my friend..and Ive learned that putting up good numbers means nothing if you cannot translate those into W's. Lebron is not a great playoff performer. I think any reasonable NBA fan can attest to that. This last year's finals shows that, 2 years ago against Boston clearly indicated that, the fact that he got swept the 1st time he reached the finals also shows that. While you can stick with the argument that his playoff numbers make a guy "like Kobe look like a child in comparison," but a "guy like Kobe" in the playoffs cannot be compared to a guy like Lebron. Kobe is one of the all time greatest playoff performers to play the game. Hes done it over and over again on the big stage. Lebron has yet to do it once. Not fair to compare LBJ to a guy like Kobe or Magic or MJ in the playoffs cuz thats something he just cannot live up to at this point.

Magic or MJ? Slow down there junior. I said Kobe.

I'm not going to bother getting into a huge debate over something I don't care about/won't change a persons mind about if they're this blind to reality, but the fact of the matter is that you are pointing out a small size of games in comparison to a huge sample pool.

The thing with Lebron in comparison to Kobe is that when he doesn't show up in a game, they're going to lose (ALWAYS the case in Cleveland, many times in Miami in their young tenure). A guy like Kobe on the other hand can/has many times had terribly inefficient playoff games where the solidarity of his team + their coaching still compensated enough to earn them the W. Thus, off the hook he goes. And bring on the hardware!

His stats don't translate to W's? What a ridiculous thing to write. You would have to scour the depths of the games history to find 5 or 6 players capable of bringing as much success to Cleveland as Lebron did that franchise.

Must suck to be a hater and not enjoy the talents of a guy like this. I do not envy you guys.

legalize
07-16-2011, 04:20 PM
^^^ But his numbers...what about his numbers? Obviously scoring a lot of points in the playoffs is more important than winning to certain people.

legalize
07-16-2011, 04:26 PM

I'm not going to bother getting into a huge debate over something I don't care about/won't change a persons mind about if they're this blind to reality, but the fact of the matter is that you are pointing out a small size of games in comparison to a huge sample pool.

The thing with Lebron in comparison to Kobe is that when he doesn't show up in a game, they're going to lose (ALWAYS the case in Cleveland, many times in Miami in their young tenure). A guy like Kobe on the other hand can/has many times had terribly inefficient playoff games where the solidarity of his team + their coaching still compensated enough to earn them the W.

His stats don't translate to W's? What a ridiculous thing to write. You would have to scour the depths of the games history to find 5 or 6 players capable of bringing as much success to Cleveland as Lebron did that franchise.

Must suck to be a hater and not enjoy the talents of a guy like this. I do not envy you guys.

Dude, have you been living under a rock lately? Magic, MJ and Kobe. In case youve been away the past 15 years, these are all guys who will forever be discussed in the same sentence. And Im not picking out a small sample from a large pool. Lebron has been nothing short of atrocious when it comes to the biggest stage. He has been horrible in the finals and when he didnt make it in the finals, he has been horrible in the losing series. Kobe doesnt need to put up 30 PPG to win playoff games because he does other things to help his team win. He stays active. What you just simply dont understand is numbers dont tell the entire story. Kobe can have a horrible game shooting wise but he always makes the big play when it matters the most. Just like MJ did, just like Magic did fairly consistently. Lebron has done the exact opposite. Just enough with all this blind homerism and bias opinions. Lebron might win one soon here, he has a tremendous team around him. But until he steps up and actually does, he doesnt deserve the praise he gets from a lot of people, especially considering he has never elevated his game in the biggest stages.

tredigs
07-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Becus if yew dont win all BRONS fault and when Lakerz win Kobe is teh KING OF WORRRLD!

This thread in a nutshell?

I really wish people weren't so blind about the dude and remove their emotions for half a minute. I really want to have fun and hate on Lebron myself (especially after the welcome parade/NSync Concert/whatever the **** that was), but some of you take all the fun out of it by going way too far into irrational basketball idiocy land.

And to the guy up there comparing MJ and Kobe's playoff performances... just... stop, man. There is a zero percent chance you saw prime Jordan and/or were a fan of the game back then. Zero.

Lake_Show2416
07-16-2011, 04:45 PM
guys guys guys!!! he's still the best :laugh2:

.....i felt this page of the thread needed at least 1 person to say it

kartyea
07-16-2011, 05:13 PM

Not even the best on his team so how can he be the best in the world?

CHANGO
07-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Not even the best on his team so how can he be the best in the world?

I'm sure you didn't show up in the series against the Celtics and Bulls. Fans being fans.

Tony_Starks
07-16-2011, 05:41 PM
At least Lebron fans are really descriptive and informative of why Lebron is so acceptional instead of just constantly blurting out "he the best" like DJ Khalid........

legalize
07-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Becus if yew dont win all BRONS fault and when Lakerz win Kobe is teh KING OF WORRRLD!

This thread in a nutshell?

I really wish people weren't so blind about the dude and remove their emotions for half a minute. I really want to have fun and hate on Lebron myself (especially after the welcome parade/NSync Concert/whatever the **** that was), but some of you take all the fun out of it by going way too far into irrational basketball idiocy land.

And to the guy up there comparing MJ and Kobe's playoff performances... just... stop, man. There is a zero percent chance you saw prime Jordan and/or were a fan of the game back then. Zero.

Nobody said it was all LBJ's fault or it was all Kobe's fault. But the fact of the matter is LBJ has been to the finals twice, and he has been horrible. And the years he didnt make the finals, he was horrible in the series he lost in.

Furthermore, never did anyone say Kobe's playoff performances and MJ's performances were equal. But the fact remains Kobe has been exceptional in the playoffs and has won it all 5 times.

Lastly, its not "hating" on Lebron when its the truth. "Hating" happens when someone makes excuses or discredits a certain player's actual accomplishments as opposed to pointing out what actually happened.

tredigs
07-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Nobody said it was all LBJ's fault or it was all Kobe's fault. But the fact of the matter is LBJ has been to the finals twice, and he has been horrible. And the years he didnt make the finals, he was horrible in the series he lost in.

Furthermore, never did anyone say Kobe's playoff performances and MJ's performances were equal. But the fact remains Kobe has been exceptional in the playoffs and has won it all 5 times.

Lastly, its not "hating" on Lebron when its the truth. "Hating" happens when someone makes excuses or discredits a certain player's actual accomplishments as opposed to pointing out what actually happened.

One question I have for you: Who had the better playoffs this year, Kobe or Lebron?

Another, when has Kobe ever led a team without an All Star and/or #1 player in the league (edit: Not to mention arguably the greatest coach in the games history) out of the first round?

Kobe's an EXCELLENT player, and if you're catching my point then you realize that this isn't about him whatsoever. It's about your irrational discrediting of Lebron, and failing to realize that when he's not his absolute best (which is the best in the NBA - bar none), his teams lose. No other player going back to Hakeem had as much of a load to carry as LBJ did while doing so that tremendously in the regular season and into the playoffs. That is an indisputable fact.

nickdymez
07-16-2011, 05:54 PM

The thing with Lebron in comparison to Kobe is that when he doesn't show up in a game, they're going to lose (ALWAYS the case in Cleveland, many times in Miami in their young tenure). A guy like Kobe on the other hand can/has many times had terribly inefficient playoff games where the solidarity of his team + their coaching still compensated enough to earn them the W. Thus, off the hook he goes. And bring on the hardware!

Lebron = 0 championships.. Kobe = 5... Argue those numbers... Kobe also has 2 as the "man" on his team.. Lebron is the man every year and has done nada... Argue that.. Hows about i do it for you.. "Kobe lovers and Lebron haters are stupid, this is a joke. He's clearly the best player on the planet. So what if he's never won a ring and disappears in the playoffs. His numbers are amazing"... lmfao.. **** outta here

tredigs
07-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Lebron = 0 championships.. Kobe = 5... Argue those numbers... Kobe also has 2 as the "man" on his team.. Lebron is the man every year and has done nada... Argue that.. Hows about i do it for you.. "Kobe lovers and Lebron haters are stupid, this is a joke. He's clearly the best player on the planet. So what if he's never won a ring and disappears in the playoffs. His numbers are amazing"... lmfao.. **** outta here

[Completely omitting their years in the league aside] we can play that blanket statement game. Lebron with no All-Star and a #2 option worse than any other #2 option in the playoffs? NBA Finals. Kobe with no all star or legitimate #2/3 option? Misses the playoffs. People learn to forget after players are surrounded by talent.

And honestly, Miami achieved as much as they could've hoped for this season. I didn't see them beating Boston or possibly even the Bulls preseason or mid-season, and neither did most other unbiased fans. The Lakers were thought to 3peat, and at the very least make the finals. But, Kobe fell on his face (as he sometimes does), but this time his team wasn't there to pick up the pieces. Result - early exit.

kntresistheheat
07-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Oh no! Im sure he is at home crying right now!

chong2204
07-16-2011, 09:19 PM
[Completely omitting their years in the league aside] we can play that blanket statement game. Lebron with no All-Star and a #2 option worse than any other #2 option in the playoffs? NBA Finals. Kobe with no all star or legitimate #2/3 option? Misses the playoffs. People learn to forget after players are surrounded by talent.

And honestly, Miami achieved as much as they could've hoped for this season. I didn't see them beating Boston or possibly even the Bulls preseason or mid-season, and neither did most other unbiased fans. The Lakers were thought to 3peat, and at the very least make the finals. But, Kobe fell on his face (as he sometimes does), but this time his team wasn't there to pick up the pieces. Result - early exit.

Kobe did not fall on his face chief...What happen was Paul left his nuts at his house and the rest of the lakers besides AB couldnt put the ball in the hole.

Tony_Starks
07-16-2011, 09:28 PM

:clap: Couldn't have saide it better. In the words of Jay Z: "men lie, women lie, numbers don't." Kobe has the hardware to back up his claim to greatness. Don't get me wrong, Lebron will get his too eventually. But until he does they can really miss me with that undisputed greatest player nonsense. I say PROVE IT! Its also really comical who when Bron Bron loses its always anybodies fault but his. Before it was "he was doing it all himself" now he has two allstars and all the sudden its "he doesn't have the right role players,"..... whatever man, next year they'll be blaming the weather!

3ballbomber
07-16-2011, 09:30 PM

If only people had more of the mind set of this cat.

Besides i thought we already done covered this whole 'Lebron is the best in the league' nonsense. He may be the best individual player in the league but what use is that when he constantly fails in the playoffs letting his team down and now brought his plague to Miami. Squash the BS straight up.

3ballbomber
07-16-2011, 09:32 PM

one more time!

3ballbomber
07-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Oh no! Im sure he is at home crying right now!
no but his most def not living it up like Dirk, Terry and crew ;)

Same old off-season feeling but different year.

CavsYanksDuke
07-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Just win, baby, win.

CavsYanksDuke
07-16-2011, 09:36 PM
no but his most def not living it up like Dirk, Terry and crew ;)

Same old off-season feeling but different year.

Regardless of sport, when you make it to the championship round after failing to do so the previous three years, it's a pretty different feeling. I mean, are you really comparing the hype that the Cavs had in 08 to what the Heat will have next year?

The roster talent levels are not even close. Larry Hughes was his starting SG.

effen5
07-16-2011, 09:37 PM

tredigs
07-16-2011, 09:37 PM
one more time!

Haha - but what was D. Rose's shooting% in the 4th quarter against Lebron/the Heat? 7%, yeah? Ouch.

But as a fond proponent of the "3ballbomber", at least you got to enjoy his 22% 3 point shooting chucking up 6+ a game in the post-season.

Oops.

Cano4prez
07-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Haha - but what was D. Rose's shooting% in the 4th quarter against Lebron/the Heat? 7%, yeah? Ouch.

But as a fond proponent of the "3ballbomber", at least you got to enjoy his 22% 3 point shooting chucking up 6+ a game in the post-season.

Oops.

It's funny because he used to be a Heat fan

tredigs
07-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Kobe did not fall on his face chief...What happen was Paul left his nuts at his house and the rest of the lakers besides AB couldnt put the ball in the hole.

Never in 'Bron's life has he or likely will he have a post-season run as tame as what Kobe just showed while being swept away in the 2nd round as the defending champs and putting up a paltry 22/3/3 on weak efficiency.

Forget Jordan, can you ever imagine if Lebron had an entire playoff that weak? And again, this is on the defending championship team in the 2nd round, not on a newly formed cast in the finals after carrying the team the prior round and leading the playoffs playing 44+ MPG while it was widely accepted that he and Dirk were the two standouts of the post-season. Yikes.

CHANGO
07-16-2011, 09:50 PM

Oops.

Damn! :burn:

It's funny because he used to be a Heat fan

Double Damn! :burn::burn:

CHANGO
07-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Never in 'Bron's life has he or likely will he have a post-season run as tame as what Kobe just showed while being swept away in the 2nd round as the defending champs and putting up a paltry 22/3/3 on weak efficiency.

Forget Jordan, can you ever imagine if Lebron had an entire playoff that weak? And again, this is on the defending championship team in the 2nd round, not on a newly formed cast in the finals after carrying the team the prior round and leading the playoffs playing 44+ MPG. Yikes.

And he is the same that some call the current best player in the NBA. :speechless:

Jewelz0376
07-16-2011, 09:56 PM
<lil wayne> Dont worry Lebron...get em next year </lil wayne>

3ballbomber
07-16-2011, 09:58 PM

Oops.
lol what has Rose got to do with the issues Lebron has been having in the playoffs his entire NBA career???

lol Rose is not considered the best in the league brah. But yet it did take 2 of the top 3 players in their prime to stop him and his team in the playoffs.

Bring Rose into this once he reaches his 7th/8th season. You are reaching!

tredigs
07-16-2011, 10:04 PM
lol what has Rose got to do with the issues Lebron has been having in the playoffs his entire NBA career???

lol Rose is not considered the best in the league brah, yet it took 2 of the top 3 to stop him and his team in the playoffs. Bring Rose into this once he reaches his 7th/8th season.

You are reaching.

We are talking about MVP Derrick Rose, right? "MR. CLUTCH!" Derrick Rose, right?

Rose will never be in Lebron's discussion my friend. For reference, Lebron was already putting up 31/8/5 on efficiency in the post-season in his 3rd year, and with a cast that D. Rose wouldn't sniff the playoffs on.

Tony_Starks
07-16-2011, 10:05 PM

Forget Jordan, can you ever imagine if Lebron had an entire playoff that weak? And again, this is on the defending championship team in the 2nd round, not on a newly formed cast in the finals after carrying the team the prior round and leading the playoffs playing 44+ MPG while it was widely accepted that he and Dirk were the two standouts of the post-season. Yikes.

Did you seriously just say a "paltry" 22/3/3? Ask yourself a question, how good do you have to be when that is considered "paltry" for you? Anyway when Lebron is coming down from his 2nd championship, trying to win a third, after winning chips for the greater part of the last decade, then we can compare numbers, if that ever happens....

Speaking of numbers we won't even get into the SINGLE DIGITS Lebron put up in one of the biggest games of his career in the finals.........

tredigs
07-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Did you seriously just say a "paltry" 22/3/3? Ask yourself a question, how good do you have to be when that is considered "paltry" for you? Anyway when Lebron is coming down from his 2nd championship, trying to win a third, after winning chips for the greater part of the last decade, then we can compare numbers, if that ever happens....

Speaking of numbers we won't even get into the SINGLE DIGITS Lebron put up in one of the biggest games of his career in the finals.........

Inefficient 22/3/3, for Kobe Bean Bryant? Yes, I said paltry. You have to consider that this is a guy that many consider to be top 5 in NBA history, and he's putting up a performance that Reggie Miller would outshine more often than not. But I hear ya, relative to Deshawn Stevenson, his play was AWE-some.

But seriously, if it's just the 22? Great. But it had better be efficient, or at least involve a ton of work on the defensive end and elite playmaking offensively if you're going down in GOAT talks (if your fans don't want to hear about it in a 'Lebron choked!' thread, at least). Fact of the matter is that it involved none of the above.

Gotta head out now fellas, it's been fun.

3ballbomber
07-16-2011, 10:16 PM

it just amazes me how people can still defend a player who just embarrassed himself in front of the world for the 2nd consecutive season. Before last years "quit" job vs Boston he almost got swept by Orlando if it wasn't for that last second hail mary heave he sank. That was during that whole "i'm no shaking hands because i'm a winner' spectacle.

Damn man, i know some hardcore Lebron fans who refuse to support him at this time knowing how utterly dissapointed they have been as fans. But these cats just don't quit - they even bring in players who are already proven champs and ones that are still young in the league to try and support their thoughts.

Just straight up nonsense!

I guess they are true Lebron fans since, just like Lebron, blame everyone else but himself. Which i s the reason why he fails so often.

SteBO
07-16-2011, 10:17 PM

For Kobe, 22/3/3 on inefficient shooting is paltry. I'll be the first to say LeBron was a no show in the latter stages of the Finals, but you can't possibly tell me that 22/3/3 is okay for a guy of Kobe's stature....

P.S. - Now I know that Kobe lovers are just going to say what nickdymez said, "Kobe= 5 titles, LeBron= none", but try to focus on the here and now, not the past.

3ballbomber
07-16-2011, 10:24 PM
We are talking about MVP Derrick Rose, right? "MR. CLUTCH!" Derrick Rose, right?

Rose will never be in Lebron's discussion my friend. For reference, Lebron was already putting up 31/8/5 on efficiency in the post-season in his 3rd year, and with a cast that D. Rose wouldn't sniff the playoffs on.
No, D-Rose that is NOT considered BEST in the league!!!!!!!! don't bring in the whole mvp thing to try and fill the void in your hallow arguement bud because this is essentially about Lebron being the best in the league.

Again, why bring Rose into this? do you have nothing else? but then again how could you possibly have anything worth mentioning to support the failings of Lebron James. I'm no hater but the truth has been right here in front of all our eyes, if you surrender to visual facts. We have all been "witnesses" to it.

CHANGO
07-16-2011, 10:30 PM
it just amazes me how people can still defend a player who just embarrassed himself in front of the world for the 2nd consecutive season. Before last years "quit" job vs Boston he almost got swept by Orlando if it wasn't for that last second hail mary heave he sank. That was during that whole "i'm no shaking hands because i'm a winner' spectacle.

Damn man, i know some hardcore Lebron fans who refuse to support him at this time knowing how utterly dissapointed they have been as fans. But these cats just don't quit - they even bring in players who are already proven champs and ones that are still young in the league to try and support their thoughts.

Just straight up nonsense!

I guess they are true Lebron fans since, just like Lebron, blame everyone else but himself. Which i s the reason why he fails so often.

And I don't know how people can call a player the best when he puts poor numbers and is swept from the playoffs in the second round. The same player who, with a better team than Lebron ever had in Cleveland couldn't pass the first round. The saddest part is that they still live in the past, and not focus on the present, where that other player they say "embarrassed himself" killed two teams like the Celtics and Bulls.

Fans being fans.

3ballbomber
07-16-2011, 10:42 PM
And I don't know how people can call a player the best when he puts poor numbers and is swept from the playoffs in the second round. The same player who, with a better team than Lebron ever had in Cleveland couldn't pass the first round. The saddest part is that they still live in the past, and not focus on the present, where that other player they say "embarrassed himself" killed two teams like the Celtics and Bulls.

Fans being fans.
Chango, do you realize, even though Bryant got swept last playoffs, that before that they 2pete? Bryant has rings and finals mvp trophies - your essentially comparing that to Lebron's acheivements for argument sakes? no wait what achievements? individual acholades!

Chango, Lebron is in his prime, he teamed up with a top 3 player and still couldn't get it done and in the worst way.....how can you continue to trash others who have achieved something he has not as argument. There is no sense or ethics in that.

It's all peace on my half here i'm just saying.....but damn man, talk when he actually grows nuts when things count the most and acquires that highly sorted nba title. We all love hero's and courage and good triumphant endings - Lebron is yet to have that (and not individual acholades don't really count when you can't do the same for your team when it comes to the bigger picture)

CHANGO
07-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Chango, do you realize, even though Bryant got swept last playoffs, that before that they 2pete? Bryant has rings and finals mvp trophies - your essentially comparing that to Lebron's acheivements for argument sakes? no wait what achievements? individual acholades!

Chango, Lebron is in his prime, he teamed up with a top 3 player and still couldn't get it done and in the worst way.....how can you continue to trash others who have achieved something he has not as argument. There is no sense or ethics in that.

It's all peace on my half here i'm just saying.....but damn man, talk when he actually grows nuts when things count the most and acquires that highly sorted nba title. We all love hero's and courage and good triumphant endings - Lebron is yet to have that (and not individual acholades don't really count when you can't do the same for your team when it comes to the bigger picture)

Forget the rings, forget the past. I go back and say, how people can call a player the best, carried away by the past achievements, and I quote what you said:

Bring Rose into this once he reaches his 7th/8th season. You are reaching!
Bring Lebron into this(Rings, past achievements.) once he reaches his 14/15 season.
Let's talk about now, the present. And if we talk that way, it seems that the best player is Lebron James.

3ballbomber
07-16-2011, 11:10 PM
cool, there's no altering your mind or even swaying it a smidgen, i can dig that & have no beef. The question here isn't wether Bryant is the best but whether you can truly say Lebron is the best considering individual acollades are his only achievements. The definition of 'Best' usually also includes what he achieves for his team. It's a simple & solid argument.

I would say Lebron 'maybe' the best 'individual' player today but 'The Best' is something else all together. When Miami won in 2006 Riley said of Wade "BITW" - Wade was truly deserving of that for what he achieved at such a young age and in only his 3rd season in the league. Lebron could hardly be considered BITW when it's even very questionable he is the best in the nba. Lebron has not achieved the things that really matter, yet! and during the process of such failures he hasn't put up true effort while bringing his team down.

Regular season warrior but playoffs dud......there's an argument against him being the Best if you care to even just aknowledge it.

Cano4prez
07-16-2011, 11:29 PM
^ It's not an argument against him being the best because it's simply not true. You're basing this off one series...

3ballbomber
07-16-2011, 11:30 PM
^ It's not an argument against him being the best because it's simply not true. You're basing this off one series...
erm........one series? really?

alright.

effen5
07-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Lebron is over rated.....

come at me bro

Yanks All Day
07-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Before the Finals, he was the next Jordan and people couldn't believe how he dismantled Boston and Chicago, especially when the game was winding down. Now he's in a free fall because of one really bad, horribly timed series? Come on. He's the best player in the world, and no one is really close. Other players might do certain things better than LeBron, but he's the only true elite total package in the NBA. In terms of total offense, defense, rebounding, durability, etc. It's been LeBron James for at least the last 4 seasons.

Punk
07-17-2011, 12:08 AM

How about the series against Boston in 2010? How about the series against the Spurs in 2007?

But why am I not surprised you have selective memory.

CHANGO
07-17-2011, 12:21 AM
cool, there's no altering your mind or even swaying it a smidgen, i can dig that & have no beef. The question here isn't wether Bryant is the best but whether you can truly say Lebron is the best considering individual acollades are his only achievements. The definition of 'Best' usually also includes what he achieves for his team. It's a simple & solid argument.

I would say Lebron 'maybe' the best 'individual' player today but 'The Best' is something else all together. When Miami won in 2006 Riley said of Wade "BITW" - Wade was truly deserving of that for what he achieved at such a young age and in only his 3rd season in the league. Lebron could hardly be considered BITW when it's even very questionable he is the best in the nba. Lebron has not achieved the things that really matter, yet! and during the process of such failures he hasn't put up true effort while bringing his team down.

Regular season warrior but playoffs dud......there's an argument against him being the Best if you care to even just aknowledge it.

Tell me you do not mean these playoffs, because as far as I know, he was the best player in the first three series, and failed in the last one (and I agree that the most important) but that doesn't diminish the other 3.

Give him his time, is the first time he has a good team around him, with a superstar and all-star around him. As mentioned before, few expected them to reach the finals, but they got there and it was thanks largely to LeBron.

Jewelz0376
07-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Tell me you do not mean these playoffs, because as far as I know, he was the best player in the first three series, and failed in the last one (and I agree that the most important) but that doesn't diminish the other 3.

Actually it kind of does... What good is him playing well in the first 3 if in the most important series he doesn't show up...You think Lebron, Wade, or anyone else on the Heat care about what they did the first 3 series?? Hell no...cuz they lost the one that matters...

Give him his time, is the first time he has a good team around him, with a superstar and all-star around him. As mentioned before, few expected them to reach the finals, but they got there and it was thanks largely to LeBron.

Here we go there is always an excuse for Lebron...Last year it was he didn't have enough help, even though they were the favorites to win besides maybe LA...

Now he finally gets a team and he needs "time"... And I find it funny how Heat fans are saying they weren't expected to reach the finals, yet pretty much every heat fan on here was predicting them to come out the east at the start of the playoffs..

Wonder what the excuse will be for Lebron next year if he doesnt win

CHANGO
07-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Before the Finals, he was the next Jordan and people couldn't believe how he dismantled Boston and Chicago, especially when the game was winding down. Now he's in a free fall because of one really bad, horribly timed series? Come on. He's the best player in the world, and no one is really close. Other players might do certain things better than LeBron, but he's the only true elite total package in the NBA. In terms of total offense, defense, rebounding, durability, etc. It's been LeBron James for at least the last 4 seasons.

This is what I mean when I wrote, fans being fans.

Before the finals:
Lebron is a bad man, OMG he only dominated the MVP, Lebron is clutch, Lebron is the best player in the world PERIOD, who says that Wade is the best player on the Heat :facepalm:, Wade sucks, c'mon Wade you're better than that.

During and after the finals:
LOL Lebron sucks, he's a choker, best player on the world? LMAO, that's why I do not want him on my team, he doesn't have the winning gene, this shows who's the best player in the HEAT, that's why Kobe is the best, queen James.

Have a short memory, especially the media. But forget what he did.

CHANGO
07-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Actually it kind of does... What good is him playing well in the first 3 if in the most important series he doesn't show up...You think Lebron, Wade, or anyone else on the Heat care about what they did the first 3 series?? Hell no...cuz they lost the one that matters...

Here we go there is always an excuse for Lebron...Last year it was he didn't have enough help, even though they were the favorites to win besides maybe LA...

Now he finally gets a team and he needs "time"... And I find it funny how Heat fans are saying they weren't expected to reach the finals, yet pretty much every heat fan on here was predicting them to come out the east at the start of the playoffs..

Wonder what the excuse will be for Lebron next year if he doesnt win

Last year, when I do not remember who was his second fiddle, I think it was Mo "I disappear when the playoffs are here" Williams, Shaquille "I had to retire when I won the championship in 2006" O'Neal, or Antawn "I'm a power forward with a sg body" Jamison.

Tell me who, because I wasn't one of them, starting and ending the season I did not see my team beating the Celtics. But we got to the finals, thanks mostly to Lebron.

legalize
07-17-2011, 12:42 AM
^^^ I dont think anyone ever considered Lebron to be "clutch." Hes known for folding under pressure time and time again. But he most certainly was the best player in the league last year, during the NBA season. The playoffs were a different story. He never seperated himself from the rest of the league during the post season. And when the finals came, ya all eyes were on him because it was supposed to be his time. He was finally gonna step up and earn the respect of being a champ. All the hype, all the self-proclaimed King, Check my Stats childish nonsensical acts he had put on up to that point were all gonna finally be realized, but then he failed miserably when he needed to step up the most.

This is LBJ..he is a tremendous talent and a great player, but hes not the man. Hes not the man that will carry your team to a title on his back like other greats have done. He doesnt have a go to move he can trust. He doesnt have a shot he can rely on. Maybe one day he will improve that part, but as of right now, while Lebron is certainly the best player in the game during the span of an 82 game season, he is not someone you want with the ball in his hands when it matters the most.

marj987
07-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Lebron is over rated.....

come at me bro

:facepalm: Lets not start.

3ballbomber
07-17-2011, 01:51 AM
man, more time and even more excuses. sad. It'll be the same story for years to come.

nickdymez
07-17-2011, 01:54 AM
Inefficient 22/3/3, for Kobe Bean Bryant? Yes, I said paltry. You have to consider that this is a guy that many consider to be top 5 in NBA history, and he's putting up a performance that Reggie Miller would outshine more often than not. But I hear ya, relative to Deshawn Stevenson, his play was AWE-some.

But seriously, if it's just the 22? Great. But it had better be efficient, or at least involve a ton of work on the defensive end and elite playmaking offensively if you're going down in GOAT talks (if your fans don't want to hear about it in a 'Lebron choked!' thread, at least). Fact of the matter is that it involved none of the above.

Gotta head out now fellas, it's been fun.

lol, your a clown... Kobes 5 rings buddy... Argue that for me.. 2 finals mvps.. Lebron = 0.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHA

sventhedog
07-17-2011, 03:36 AM
^^^ I dont think anyone ever considered Lebron to be "clutch." Hes known for folding under pressure time and time again. But he most certainly was the best player in the league last year, during the NBA season. The playoffs were a different story. He never seperated himself from the rest of the league during the post season. And when the finals came, ya all eyes were on him because it was supposed to be his time. He was finally gonna step up and earn the respect of being a champ. All the hype, all the self-proclaimed King, Check my Stats childish nonsensical acts he had put on up to that point were all gonna finally be realized, but then he failed miserably when he needed to step up the most.

This is LBJ..he is a tremendous talent and a great player, but hes not the man. Hes not the man that will carry your team to a title on his back like other greats have done. He doesnt have a go to move he can trust. He doesnt have a shot he can rely on. Maybe one day he will improve that part, but as of right now, while Lebron is certainly the best player in the game during the span of an 82 game season, he is not someone you want with the ball in his hands when it matters the most.

he sure fooled a lot of people after the chicago series. turns out to be just luck? lol.

the most lebron can aim for at the moment is to be the best sidekick to dwayne wade. the main reason he came to miami in the first place is to ask wade to win him a championship. because he's thinking that it's the only thing that separates him from kobe or MJ.

tredigs
07-17-2011, 03:38 AM
he sure fooled a lot of people after the chicago series. turns out to be just luck? lol.

the most lebron can aim for at the moment is to be the best sidekick to dwayne wade. the main reason he came to miami in the first place is to ask wade to win him a championship. because he's thinking that it's the only thing that separates him from kobe or MJ.

Arguments against Lebron are always so well thought out/insightful. Savants, I tell you.

It's late my child. Go to bed.

Storch
07-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Fact of the matter is that when Kobe faces adversity when he loses, he doesn't cry, make excuses, makes fun of other people, etc. He goes home pissed off, practices day and night to improve his game to come back and attack in mamba mode the next time he steps on the court.

No one can say that Kobe's championships were won by someone else because he was vital in all of them, especially the two without shaq.

On lebron, I've seen him fold in the playoffs. I saw this guy in the 4th quarter get the ball and pass it back to mike miller. Mike miller passed it back thinking wtf lebron take the shot, but lebron passed it back. He did the same to haslem and whatever teammates he had in cleveland.

I can see what all the 'lebron haters' are saying in this thread, the point is that Lebron has to win that championship he can't let role players win it for him. Now that he has wade and bosh it should be easier to take over games because the floor will be spread and defenders can't double team as easily, so stop passing the ball away at critical moments bron. :laugh2:

legalize
07-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Arguments against Lebron are always so well thought out/insightful. Savants, I tell you.

It's late my child. Go to bed.

The arguments for Lebron are always so irrational though. OK so the guy puts up great numbers during the span of an 82 game season. What seperates good players from all time great players is how they perform in the playoffs. And thus far in Lebron's career, he has been atrocious when it matters the most. That has as much, if not more, significance than any other accomplishment he has achieved during the regular season. How can you say a certain player deserves to be among teh all time greatests when he cannot perform when it matters the most. People need to take than into consideration.

juno10
07-17-2011, 03:25 PM
The arguments for Lebron are always so irrational though. OK so the guy puts up great numbers during the span of an 82 game season. What seperates good players from all time great players is how they perform in the playoffs. And thus far in Lebron's career, he has been atrocious when it matters the most. That has as much, if not more, significance than any other accomplishment he has achieved during the regular season. How can you say a certain player deserves to be among teh all time greatests when he cannot perform when it matters the most. People need to take than into consideration.

have you been watching the 3 bad games he had in the finals and judge his whole legacy off that? or have you not watched lebron take over series before

CHANGO
07-17-2011, 03:52 PM

You're talking serious, or you're confusing. Maybe you're talking about another Lebron.

Lebron James Career Playoff Averages

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
05-06 CLE 13 13 46.5 0.476 0.333 0.737 1.7 6.4 8.1 5.8 1.4 0.7 5.00 3.38 30.8
06-07 CLE 20 20 44.6 0.416 0.280 0.755 1.3 6.8 8.0 8.0 1.7 0.5 3.30 2.00 25.0
07-08 CLE 13 13 42.5 0.411 0.257 0.731 1.2 6.6 7.8 7.6 1.8 1.3 4.15 2.54 28.2
08-09 CLE 14 14 41.4 0.510 0.333 0.749 1.4 7.8 9.1 7.3 1.6 0.9 2.71 2.14 35.3
09-10 CLE 11 11 41.8 0.502 0.400 0.733 1.4 7.9 9.3 7.6 1.7 1.8 3.82 2.09 29.1
10-11 MIA 21 21 43.9 0.466 0.353 0.763 1.6 6.8 8.4 5.9 1.7 1.2 3.14 2.67 23.7

In the first five playoff appearances, had the misfortune of not having the best team, and was eliminated from the playoffs by better teams than his.

As I mentioned earlier in the only playoff Lebron "failed" have been in these (only the NBA Finals) where he had a good team, was the favorite, and could do nothing. Still, before the finals was the clear best player on his team, and the second best behind Dirk of all the playoffs teams.

I think what happens is this.

have you been watching the 3 bad games he had in the finals and judge his whole legacy off that? or have you not watched lebron take over series before