PDA

View Full Version : who picked team USA for the futures games...and when?

bartron_44
07-13-2011, 02:44 PM
I know this was probably discussed somewhere, but how on earth did Travis D'Arnaud not make the US team for the futures game? He should have started imo. D'Arnaud's numbers squash Romine's clear across the board, and he has a higher batting average and more HR's then Desoraco (in less games)..Are the rosters picked before the year starts?

Also... matt szczur? Wil Myers? I would think Marisnick and Gose should both have been on the roster over these 2 with the years they are having...they must have been looking at the years they put up last year..Then you look at Gary Brown who was terrible in his first pro season, but playing great this year..he made it.....so where the heck is Marisnick?

Also, they took 3 third baseman, (Darnell,Middlebrooks and Arenado), they took 3 SS's ( Machado, Beckham and Green), but they only took 1 first basemen in Goldshmidt.I think McDade deserved a look as a second first basemen..He's a 22 year old among the league leaders in avg, rbi, ops and hr.... he leads the eastern league in doubles, he switch hits, and he plays great defense. Sure Goldshmidt should have started, but they didn't have room for a slugger like McDade in a game with a DH?

who picked this team anyway?

Toxeryll
07-13-2011, 06:15 PM
i saw a tweet from keith law that says that d'arnaud is a much better prospect than romine and its possible that the blue jays didnt let d'arnaud play there. maybe the same case for everyone else

T.O.Bombinators
07-13-2011, 07:47 PM
in the eastern league allstar game stewart started along with d'arnaud, sierra,and mcdade, with hech and carreno as reserves, theres still allstars somewhere