PDA

View Full Version : Which team will have a breakout year next year?

PacersForLife
07-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Out of all the teams that either didn't make the playoffs, or were a lower seed which one do you guys predict will have the more surprising year?

Swashcuff
07-12-2011, 04:41 PM
The Grizz, especially if the have Tony Allen start at SG all season. They need to resign Marc Gasol as well however.

Swashcuff
07-12-2011, 04:44 PM
of the teams that didn't make the Playoffs. The Clips and Wolves are extremely intriguing. Both are a couple pieces and a couple maturing season away from being legit contenders (on paper). Both team's also need to develop an effective defensive philosophy if the want to take it to the next level like the Thunder.

chicago lulz
07-12-2011, 04:50 PM
I could see the Pacers making some noise (compared to last season). Vogel did a good job with them since taking over. Maybe not necessarily "breakthrough".

Memphis, as they were the ones making "noise" this year.

Interested to see how the Nuggets do for a whole season, minus a Carmelo.

Edit: I can see the Sixers improving as well. I believe they only really struggled when they were trying to "gel" with a new coach and all. We shall see.

smood999
07-12-2011, 05:05 PM
excluding the knicks cause their improvement wouldnt be a great surprise i would be more expected and a disappointment if they do not...i think the grizzlies are alot similar to the hawks and i do not see them drastically improving...i wanna say the clippers and the bucks w stephen jackson...i think the nuggets will come back down to earth

synister281
07-12-2011, 05:11 PM
I think the Pacers will be a full on competitive team next year. I can see them fighting for the #4 or #5 seed next year. They are on the rise for sure if they stay healthy and keep their team together.

JasonJohnHorn
07-12-2011, 05:34 PM
RAPTORS!!!! For the first time they will finish in a tie for first! 0-0 baby! And they will get a early pick in the draft as well!
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JustBringIt
07-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Clippers no doubt about it

buch88
07-12-2011, 05:43 PM
The sacramento kings with Demarcus Cousins, Tyreke Evans, John Salmons, JJ Hickson, and Jimmer.

buch88
07-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Clippers no doubt about it

thats what they say every year when things are looking up for the clippers, then it all falls through. clipper curse.

Dade County
07-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Denver ... playing a for full season together
Portland ... trying to stay healthy ( if they do watch out teams in the west )
NY ... a full year of Melo & stat

Breakout means to me, they have a shot to get to their conference finals; and that would be very surprising for these 3 teams.

Sly Guy
07-12-2011, 08:40 PM
I don't think the Grizz, or NY are gonna sneak up on anybody. Denver might, but I'm worried about defining the roles for the players on that roster. They've got talent, but the game is still only 48 minutes. I see the pacers being the team that surprises a few of the top dogs next year.

PacersForLife
07-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Liking the love for the Pacers:clap:

juno10
07-12-2011, 09:50 PM
if breakout means hovering a few games below .500 than yes the pacers will have a break out year.

GoPacers33
07-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Pacers hopefully. Homering it

Catfish1314
07-12-2011, 10:28 PM
I won't go homer here.

The Clippers. Solid young core with some valuable trade pieces and a decent coach. Blake Griffin put up insane numbers as a rookie and led his team to a 32-win season in a deep conference.

PacersForLife
07-12-2011, 10:40 PM
if breakout means hovering a few games below .500 than yes the pacers will have a break out year.

Love how Raptors fans think they have room to talk... where do you think you guys will be next year? :facepalm:

Giantwarrior
07-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Warriors.

Iodine
07-12-2011, 10:46 PM
The lakers, not from a play standpoint, but in everyone in the history of time finally agreeing how horrific of a coach Mike Brown is.

Over/Under of times a night a combination of kobe/pau/lamar/The Ageless wonder of Fisher goes "We went from one of the few guys who could manage us too this clown whose idea of offense is 'let's just clear out for whoever has the ball on the wing.'" Then they proceed to just make Fisher the de facto coach for the quarter?

juno10
07-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Love how Raptors fans think they have room to talk... where do you think you guys will be next year? :facepalm:

iunno probably anywhere from 12 - 15 10th if they over achieve. where do you think pacer will be next year .. atleast im being real.

you guys won 37 games luckily the east is so crap you guys were a losing team pacers have been hovering around 35 wins for five years now.

GoPacers33
07-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Pacers will finsih as a 6,7,8

BuddhaMONK
07-12-2011, 11:05 PM
NONE .... because there won't be a ****ing season

BrokenAnkles
07-12-2011, 11:13 PM
NONE .... because there won't be a ****ing season

this. If there is expect no huge surprizes cause all of the teams that need time to gel and play like a team wont get far.

BuddhaMONK
07-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Pacers will finsih as a 6,7,8

pacers suck balls if there was a season they'd finish last because no one likes the pacers.:D:D:D:D

GoPacers33
07-12-2011, 11:17 PM
^^If u read any of the posts on the the thread then u saw that the Pacers are a team on the rise

Cal827
07-12-2011, 11:28 PM
lol based on these threads... it would seem that the forum will get dirty when the Raptors and Pacers next play each other. Can't we all just get along? :p

From the West, I think the Clippers will likely rise... They got a nice core, now it just depends if they can get Iggy or Granger or another wing player to complement their core.

From the East... I can see the Bucks winning a bit more with acquiring Jackson.. The Pacers too could rise a little bit.. especially when teams like Boston, Orlando and Atlanta fall off. As of now, the only thing I can really guarantee on the Eastern conference, is that the Bobcats will probably be the worst team.

.... Seriously, I wonder if they'll win like 10 games. Obviously I understand that their deals are for their future rebuild (like this year's deals at the draft), but as of now.... yikes :facepalm:

mzgrizz
07-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Have to give a homer call for my Grizzlies !!!!!!!!
There is SO much more for this team to do........yes, we HAVE to have Marc back,too

69centers
07-12-2011, 11:46 PM
T-Wolves

DoMeFavors
07-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Nets
Going from 12 wins a year ago to a 50 win season. I predict.

Byronicle
07-13-2011, 12:03 AM

love how you are criticizing an entire fan base

p.s. i actually like watching Pacers since the Jermaine O'Neal days and watching Hibbert develop into what could've been a Raptor

Stuckey#3
07-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Pacers and Warriors... also the Clips. Hate to admit it because their fans are cocky; but I think the Kings will show up.

Nets aren't going to win 50... I would be surprised if there is 50 games played this season due to the lockout.

FarOutIos
07-13-2011, 12:17 AM
The sacramento kings with Demarcus Cousins, Tyreke Evans, John Salmons, JJ Hickson, and Jimmer.

You forgot about marcus thornton... Who needs to be re-signed. I think tyrekes health will be a huge factor this year.

MrfadeawayJB
07-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Have to give a homer call for my Grizzlies !!!!!!!!
There is SO much more for this team to do........yes, we HAVE to have Marc back,too

Pacers and Warriors... also the Clips. Hate to admit it because their fans are cocky; but I think the Kings will show up.

Nets aren't going to win 50... I would be surprised if there is 50 games played this season due to the lockout.

I have to agree with Mzgrizz, Memphis does not get as much credit as they deserve, although it is getting better. Memphis didnt sneak up on anybody last year, as they beat all the best teams in the league at on time or another. Funny how people downplay the missing link of Rudy Gay here. Rudy was the only Grizz that could get his shot off against ANYBODY in the league. He was surely missed. I see drastic improvement bringing him back into the mix.

I do think the Pacers will continue to improve, and they have nice peices to put together a blockbuster trade. Warriors will be very exciting to watch as always, but Marc Jackson will turn them into a solid team on both ends of the floor. Clips will be good if they stay healthy, Griffin is a beast and will only get better. Nets will not be in the playoffs imo unless they make a trade for another superstar, i see them hovering around the 8th seed with just Deron Williams and Brooke Lopez.

knicks4life33
07-13-2011, 12:24 AM
knicks and im not being a homer but its still early to tell cause you dont know where free agents are goin to sign and whose leaving. also the clippers

DoMeFavors
07-13-2011, 12:28 AM
knicks and im not being a homer but its still early to tell cause you dont know where free agents are goin to sign and whose leaving. also the clippers

They will get better but wont have a break out season, last year was more of a break out season for Knicks. They won like 40 something so to have abreakout year I think they would have to win like 60 games.

Gambeezy
07-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Nets
Going from 12 wins a year ago to a 50 win season. I predict.

i laughed a little.. So they're making the play-offs?

Bucsfan
07-13-2011, 02:59 AM
well we all know the Kings will win the ring because they have Jimmer....ESPN told me so

Antipod
07-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Clippers for a playoff spot

Tony_Starks
07-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Turkey-Besiktas

smith&wesson
07-13-2011, 12:51 PM
the knicks.

Crackadalic
07-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Bucks. They'll be at least a top 5 seed.

KeepMonta#8
07-13-2011, 12:56 PM
warriors!

Chill_Will_24
07-13-2011, 12:56 PM
i laughed a little.. So they're making the play-offs?

Do you have any rational or logical reason to think otherwise?

Chill_Will_24
07-13-2011, 01:00 PM
I have to agree with Mzgrizz, Memphis does not get as much credit as they deserve, although it is getting better. Memphis didnt sneak up on anybody last year, as they beat all the best teams in the league at on time or another. Funny how people downplay the missing link of Rudy Gay here. Rudy was the only Grizz that could get his shot off against ANYBODY in the league. He was surely missed. I see drastic improvement bringing him back into the mix.

I do think the Pacers will continue to improve, and they have nice peices to put together a blockbuster trade. Warriors will be very exciting to watch as always, but Marc Jackson will turn them into a solid team on both ends of the floor. Clips will be good if they stay healthy, Griffin is a beast and will only get better. Nets will not be in the playoffs imo unless they make a trade for another superstar, i see them hovering around the 8th seed with just Deron Williams and Brooke Lopez.

Deron Williams carried arguably less talent in Utah to a conference final. The team as is, is enough to make the playoffs so if they utilize their cap space correctly they will be a playoff lock. Deron Williams only played 12 games for them last year and he was injured

FearTheDeer23
07-13-2011, 01:08 PM
The BUCKS!!! Will be back in the playoffs and making some noise as the small market underdog. Acquiring Jax was huge and if they pick up Carl Landry thatd help the situation even more. Injuries plagued them last year now its time to make some noise:clap:

kobelakersnba
07-13-2011, 01:14 PM
lakers

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
07-13-2011, 01:16 PM
So many teams
Clips, Pacers, Sixers, Timberwolves, Kings, Grizzlies for sure
too bad we don't even know if there will be a season :[

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-13-2011, 01:18 PM
well we all know the Kings will win the ring because they have Jimmer....ESPN told me so

ESPN has been telling me that LeBron will win a ring for the past five years now and look how that turned out.

LakersIn5
07-14-2011, 05:48 AM
how would anybody know?