PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose admits that he was fatigued against the Heat

Pages : [1] 2

godolphins
07-12-2011, 12:48 PM
After averaging 29.8 points and nine assists in the second round of the playoffs against the Atlanta Hawks, Roses scoring dipped to 23.4 points per game on 35 percent shooting in the East finals as the Bulls lost to the Heat in five games. Rose now says he should have been in better shape to handle the strain of the postseason.

I just learned from last season where my conditioning wasnt up to par at the end of the season, Rose said. Thats what Im working on this summer, getting my conditioning right. There was just fatigue. My body wore down. Just going through the rounds, the first time being there past the first round, it was hard. Im just learning from it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-spears_derrick_rose__bulls_071111

Nice excuse by the "MVP" :rolleyes:

haggis
07-12-2011, 12:49 PM
What excuse?

jimbobjarree
07-12-2011, 12:52 PM
wont be able to use this excuse next year due to a shortened season

Dol-Fan
07-12-2011, 12:54 PM
What excuse?

that's what I was wondering...he's blaming himself. That doesn't constitute an excuse.

NYKalltheway
07-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Where is the excuse? He's just taking the responsibility. D Rose is a class act, people should stop overlooking that

Sadds The Gr8
07-12-2011, 12:57 PM
If he had 100% of his energy he probably would've owned Miami like Dirk did.

bulls_world23
07-12-2011, 12:58 PM
:facepalm:

Kashmir13579
07-12-2011, 12:59 PM
He basically said he wasn't as prepared as he should've been. He's putting it on his own shoulders.

stupid lockout. This would almost be threadworthy if the OP wasnt a blatant troll.

godolphins
07-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Where is the excuse? He's just taking the responsibility. D Rose is a class act, people should stop overlooking that
He said: "There was just fatigue. My body wore down." Imagine if Lebron said he was fatigue during the finals.

godolphins
07-12-2011, 01:04 PM
that's what I was wondering...he's blaming himself. That doesn't constitute an excuse.
So saying I was tired isn't an excuse?

bulls_world23
Is there a missing part to this article because I don't see an excuse.

Master Mind
He said: "There was just fatigue. My body wore down." Imagine if Lebron said he was fatigue during the finals.

Derrick Rose can do no wrong in their eyes. And Lebron just can't win even when he wins.

Dol-Fan

"my conditioning wasn't right...I'm learning from it"

that is blaming himself. Maybe try not turning this into a Lebron conversation...

Dol-Fan
07-12-2011, 01:05 PM
So saying I was tired isn't an excuse?

No. Because he's saying it's HIS FAULT that he was tired. Yeesh.

CHANGO
07-12-2011, 01:09 PM
lol He was facing a better defense, and didn't know how to handle the matter. PERIOD.

Rego247
07-12-2011, 01:11 PM
I see no excuse. He is putting it on himself.

Missing56&33
07-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I agree with Rose. He was fatigued......that's why he couldn't hit any jumpers......that's it, he was just fatigued. Hey a 22 yr old MVP can get fatigued too. Its not like he's 18 or something right. :pity:

JC_
07-12-2011, 01:14 PM

So if someone says it's their own fault and they say they didn't play well because they were tired, being tired isn't an excuse? Are you serious?

So if I go to school and say my dog ate my homework and then say it was my own fault because I left it out.. does that make my dog eating not an excuse anymore?

CB29
07-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I agree with Rose. He was fatigued......that's why he couldn't hit any jumpers......that's it, he was just fatigued. Hey a 22 yr old MVP can get fatigued too. Its not like he's 18 or something right. :pity:

You realize that he's been the only scoring option for the bulls all year.. He single handedly carried them over the hawks... The whole miami defense was geared to stop him which is why Miami won the series. Lebron and wade have gone through this before, except rose admits its his shortcomings unlike them...

CB29
07-12-2011, 01:21 PM
So if someone says it's their own fault and they say they didn't play well because they were tired, being tired isn't an excuse? Are you serious?

So if I go to school and say my dog ate my homework and then say it was my own fault because I left it out.. does that make my dog eating not an excuse anymore?

Also he's saying his performance wasn't up to par due to fatigue. There's a difference.

Dol-Fan
07-12-2011, 01:21 PM

When you're putting the blame on yourself, it's no longer an excuse. An excuse, by definition, is meant to EXCUSE yourself of the blame in a situation. So yes, if you say that you're dog ate your homework but it was your fault, it's not an excuse. The blame is on you. You are not absolving yourself of the blame.

DamnGoat
07-12-2011, 01:22 PM
How is this an excuse?

I really don't understand the stupid criticisms in this thread, but whatever...people like to trash certain players/teams just because.

Being fatigued after carrying a team all season and never being that far into the Playoffs is a perfectly reasonable explanation. He didn't play like himself at all in the Miami series, so fatigue and Miami's D played a big part in that.

Bubba313
07-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Excuse - I was tired during the series, if I wasn't I would of beat the Heat myself

What Rose said - I felt fatigued during the series and I attribute that to my conditioning, which I am going to work on

I'm pretty sure he never said that if he wasn't fatigued he would of won the series...

sixer04fan
07-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Nice excuse by the "MVP" :rolleyes:

How is that an excuse? He was blaming himself... :facepalm: And why is MVP in quotations? Are you implying that he wasn't actually the MVP?

godolphins
07-12-2011, 01:27 PM
How is this an excuse?

I really don't understand the stupid complaints in this thread, but whatever...people like to trash certain players/teams just because.
Just because of what?

DamnGoat
07-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Just because of what?
Because you have some blind hatred of a certain team or player. Do you really need this explained to you...:laugh2:

godolphins
07-12-2011, 01:30 PM
How is that an excuse? He was blaming himself... :facepalm: And why is MVP in quotations? Are you implying that he wasn't actually the MVP?
Dwight Howard

GSRaider
He looked fatigued... Guarantee, he'll improve his conditioning...

mjm07
Even if he wasn't tired he wasn't going to beat Miami in a 7 game series. His team needs more help, offensively, to compete in a dogfight of a series against a team like Miami or even Boston.

Missing56&33
07-12-2011, 01:31 PM
How is this an excuse?

I really don't understand the stupid criticisms in this thread, but whatever...people like to trash certain players/teams just because.

Being fatigued after carrying a team all season and never being that far into the Playoffs is a perfectly reasonable explanation. He didn't play like himself at all in the Miami series, so fatigue and Miami's D played a big part in that.

Some things are better left unsaid.......especially the fact that you were fatigued. That is a straight up excuse. Because what you are saying is that if you were not fatigued you would have been more effective and prolly would have won the series. There are no excuses in the playoffs. D Rose will realize the better you get the more that's going to be demanded of you. He wears a uniform that demands a lot from him and he has big shoes to fill and always will be compared to what MJ did for the Bulls.

Bubba313
07-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Some things are better left unsaid.......especially the fact that you were fatigued. That is a straight up excuse. Because what you are saying is that if you were not fatigued you would have been more effective and prolly would have won the series. There are no excuses in the playoffs. D Rose will realize the better you get the more that's going to be demanded of you. He wears a uniform that demands a lot from him and he has big shoes to fill and always will be compared to what MJ did for the Bulls.

No he never said anything like that? All he's saying was he was feeling the effects of a long playoff run and it is something he is going to work on in the off-season.. how is that an excuse?

How is it any different to say that he was feeling fatigue in the previous series? He's not saying he would of won all he's saying is that it is something he needs to work on.

godolphins
07-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Because you have some blind hatred of a certain team or player. Do you really need this explained to you...:laugh2:
Its not blind hatred, someone else instead of a Heat player needs to get bash on this forum.

DamnGoat
07-12-2011, 01:35 PM
He said nothing about winning the series, just that his conditioning needs to improve. You're reading into what he said a little too much IMO.

He didn't say if his fatigue was better they'd have won the series, it wasn't even implied either.

DamnGoat
07-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Its not blind hatred, someone else instead of a Heat player needs to get bash on this forum.
Well that explains it.

So basically this entire thread is an upset Heat fan trolling so they can prove what? You need to grow up.

TheWatcher34
07-12-2011, 01:36 PM
during the playoffs, Glen Davis wasn't mentally ready and Derrick Rose wasn't physically up to par. yes, i mentioned them both in the same line. comments like that by players they don't help us fans ****.

TheRunKiller
07-12-2011, 01:39 PM
lol at the heat fans

Yunqn
07-12-2011, 01:40 PM

Dont justify this.. You guys are cleary trying to take a shot at rose.. Thats the whole point ..

If lebron had said that on cleveland then espn and every newspaper would had said lebron teammates better get him some help or he is leaving..

Go look at the lebron lie on youtube.. One minute he says he xan play all 48 mins then the next game he blames the coach and says 42 mins is to mich for him..

Dont come on here taking shots at a basketball player who actually cares about his game and career.. Not friendship and brand ..

PC
07-12-2011, 01:40 PM

:laugh2:That's very counterproductive to your argument

godolphins
07-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Well that explains it.

So basically this entire thread is an upset Heat fan trolling so they can prove what? You need to grow up.
If a heat player said this Jordan Bulls would of started a thread about it, why can't I start a thread about this when someone else says it?

Kashmir13579
07-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Its clear what the OPs intentions were. Can this just get closed before waves of Miami and Chicago fans start with the back and forth?

GoDolphins, people actually like Derrick Rose, they aren't gonna jump on some half-baked opportunity to bash him. And Rose isn't gonna slip up anytime soon and say something politically incorrect. So good luck with your future baiting threads.

When its all said and done, The Heat lost. You wouldn't be in here making threads like this if they won. I'm sure your baiting threads would look much different under those circumstances.

Dade County
07-12-2011, 01:43 PM

If he had 100% of his energy in the 3rd rd of the playoffs, he wouldn't be human :D

And with your like Dirk comment... proves that you can be, easily manipulated and influence :p

pacman16
07-12-2011, 01:44 PM
everyone in the playoffs gets fatigued....
but the heat fans are right, if lebron said this everyone would be bashing him for coming up with an "excuse" so rose can blame his fatigue all he wants but everyone's banged up in the playoffs and playing injured at some point.

Canterbury
07-12-2011, 01:45 PM
If a heat player said this Jordan Bulls would of started a thread about it, why can't I start a thread about this when someone else says it?To be honest, Jordan Bulls starts a thread on just about anything lol. He doesn't start threads to bait.

godolphins
07-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Well that explains it.

How exactly is this trolling?
Whenever a players say something stupid they get bash. Jordan Bulls does this every single time.

If Joe Johnson said the samething I would start a thread about it

avon_barksdale
07-12-2011, 01:49 PM

bron bron got a history wit disappearing and excuses and quittin.... drose dont

Yunqn
07-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I think somewhere on the internet, Heat fans are giggling cause you just got trolled.

Who the bandwagon ones?

Or the ones who are afriad to admit im right .. Lebron is a ****** and acts like his lifestyle means hes better than anyone.. Hes been like that since cleveland..

I really dont care about what they say.. Most of the people on here only root for whatever team is winning .. Miamis building was empty last year.. Empty..
New york was always packed .. Regardless of the roster.. I got alot of respect for fans like that .. They are some real fans and some fake ones.. And most of the "giggling" miamis fans your talking about is fake..

Kashmir13579
07-12-2011, 01:50 PM
everyone in the playoffs gets fatigued....
but the heat fans are right, if lebron said this everyone would be bashing him for coming up with an "excuse" so rose can blame his fatigue all he wants but everyone's banged up in the playoffs and playing injured at some point.

Lebron said some things much - much worse than this in his press conference and he was bashed for it.

When Rose leaves the Bulls to team up with Love and Durant then we can start bashing him like Lebron. Too bad he'll be a Bull for life.

KnicksR4Real
07-12-2011, 01:52 PM
:facepalm:
you wonder why bulls fans

islandprince
07-12-2011, 01:53 PM
lol He was facing a better defense, and didn't know how to handle the matter. PERIOD.

i guess miami was facin a betta defense in the finals to :)

KB24Mamba
07-12-2011, 01:55 PM
missed part of the article....it said first time he was past the first round and that it was hard

no excuse...just wasnt prepared while Bron and Wade were having been there before, hell take it as a learning experience and grow from it

godolphins
07-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I should of know better to start a thread on Mr. Rose horrible performance in the ECF

Missing56&33
07-12-2011, 01:56 PM
No he never said anything like that? All he's saying was he was feeling the effects of a long playoff run and it is something he is going to work on in the off-season.. how is that an excuse?

How is it any different to say that he was feeling fatigue in the previous series? He's not saying he would of won all he's saying is that it is something he needs to work on.

Quote:
After averaging 29.8 points and nine assists in the second round of the playoffs against the Atlanta Hawks, Rose’s scoring dipped to 23.4 points per game on 35 percent shooting in the East finals as the Bulls lost to the Heat in five games. Rose now says he should have been in better shape to handle the strain of the postseason.

“I just learned from last season where my conditioning wasn’t up to par at the end of the season,” Rose said. “That’s what I’m working on this summer, getting my conditioning right. There was just fatigue. My body wore down. Just going through the rounds, the first time being there past the first round, it was hard. I’m just learning from it.”

This is what was posted and if Rose's comments were accurate, it was the wrong thing to say and it was an excuse. If I'm not mistaken the Bulls have been in the playoffs the last three years......and now you've gotten a lot better with Booz and Noah, What are you going to do differently to be in shape in the playoffs? Everybody body wears down in the playoffs and at the end of the regular season. The great players(something that Rose must get use to being) have to have that extra push in them. I mean the man is a human specimen for fitness......WTF u mean you have to be in better shape?. Pass the first round??? It was just the second round......I hope he just wasn't training to make it the first round his first round last year:laugh2:

The only thing he said worth a damn was he's learning from it. ******** excuse if you ask me.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 02:01 PM
I should of know better to start a thread on Mr. Rose horrible performance in the ECF

Im glad you understand.

I really hope Rose forgives some of you after he dies on the cross for our sins.

Qouted For Truth

CHANGO
07-12-2011, 02:02 PM

Wrong! A better offensive team. :)

godolphins
07-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Im glad you understand.

I'll never disrespect the top PG in the NBA like this again.

justinnum1
07-12-2011, 02:04 PM
He was guarding mike bibby...imagine if he actually had to guard wade or someone that wasnt a dead corpse.

mjm07
07-12-2011, 02:05 PM

No, we were facing a more potent offense and one of our best players, lebron, did not play up to his abilities. Thats why Miami lost. Miami was up 2-1. They had no business losing the series.

Bulls lost to the Heat 4-1 because they simply WERE NOT/ARE NOT better, not yet atleast, than the Heat. DRose needed more help.

Agar81
07-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Lol...

njnets
07-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Excuse - I was tired during the series, if I wasn't I would of beat the Heat myself

What Rose said - I felt fatigued during the series and I attribute that to my conditioning, which I am going to work on

I'm pretty sure he never said that if he wasn't fatigued he would of won the series...

this

Missing56&33
07-12-2011, 02:09 PM
He said nothing about winning the series, just that his conditioning needs to improve. You're reading into what he said a little too much IMO.

He didn't say if his fatigue was better they'd have won the series, it wasn't even implied either.

After averaging 29.8 points and nine assists in the second round of the playoffs against the Atlanta Hawks, Roses scoring dipped to 23.4 points per game on 35 percent shooting in the East finals as the Bulls lost to the Heat in five games. Rose now says he should have been in better shape to handle the strain of the postseason.

I just learned from last season where my conditioning wasnt up to par at the end of the season, Rose said. Thats what Im working on this summer, getting my conditioning right. There was just fatigue. My body wore down. Just going through the rounds, the first time being there past the first round, it was hard. Im just learning from it.

He really struggled shooting the basketball in that series, so that's exactly what he's saying that if he had been in better shape the outcome may have been different. But he had to know that he would have to face the Heat or Celtics in the playoffs and that he'd better be in shape. Maybe he was just training hard enough to win the MVP award???? Well he can be proud of that. But had he been in shape enough to win a NBA championship , his shot would have been on, his hustle better and his steals up and overall game would have made a difference.

I hope it does or he would be training for nothing.

Rosh
07-12-2011, 02:15 PM
How exactly is this trolling?
Whenever a players say something stupid they get bash. Jordan Bulls does this every single time.

If Joe Johnson said the samething I would start a thread about it

Except no one besides for Heat fans see anything "stupid" in this thread.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 02:19 PM

Okay people leave him alone. He understood what he did wrong and will learn from it.

Byronicle
07-12-2011, 02:25 PM
hahaa nice try op

there is no excuse, he clearly says that he is working on his conditioning because he is learning at his young tender age the effects of going deep into the playoffs

Rocco Gandolfo
07-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Rose is the best guard in the NBA in my opinion, problem is, you cant win in today's NBA with your PG as your #1 option. Of course he was fatigued, he ran around like a rat in a frying pan for two series, you simply cannot condition yourself in the offseason to rebound from that against a quality opponent like the Miami Heat. Thibideau gets so much credit for being this awesome coach, yet he wore his stars down at seasons end in games where he didnt need too. Like the Knicks game,at seasons end Rose went balls to the wall in that game and those things cost them a championship. Thibs must learn to rest his players before the playoffs.
Chicago might not escape the second round next year, the East is just getting tougher.

Gators123
07-12-2011, 02:31 PM

:confused: You didn't say anything bad about Chris Paul.

mjm07
07-12-2011, 02:35 PM
^ Thank you!

Badluck33
07-12-2011, 02:36 PM
omg. derrick rose is over-rated.

lebron would never have said that.

DerekRE_3
07-12-2011, 02:52 PM

Lebron has a history of douchebaggery. Rose doesn't, so he gets the benefit of the doubt. It's pretty simple. And Rose isn't making excuses. He just said he got tired and admitted he needs to be better conditioned.

Is it a shock that a young player who played so many minutes during the season and playoffs and was counted on to do so much for his team got tired?

bears88
07-12-2011, 02:54 PM
heat fans should worry about lebron James and his choke job during the playoffs.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
07-12-2011, 02:57 PM
:laugh:

Derrick Rose can do no wrong in their eyes. And Lebron just can't win even when he wins.
get over it, this is about Rose not Lebron..and Lebron didn't win anything so IDK what your talking about:facepalm::facepalm: :violin:

Dwight Howard
:sleep: oo my god haters will hate i guess...
:laugh2:

TO Rapz
07-12-2011, 02:58 PM
heat fans should worry about lebron James and his choke job during the playoffs.

your sig :laugh:

marj987
07-12-2011, 03:03 PM
People should have known this was a baiting thread just waiting to happen.........Expecially since the OP put excuse in his post.

Minimal
07-12-2011, 03:04 PM
This is not excuse. He says the truth. He was too active in first 2 rounds and I predicted for him to be worn down against the Heat. The kid has a lot to improve and should be smart in the playoffs.

marj987
07-12-2011, 03:05 PM

Lol.....This.

bears88
07-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Derrick Rose blames himself how is that an excuse I don't get it its not like he is blaming his teammates or the coach.

Sadds The Gr8
07-12-2011, 03:07 PM
your sig :laugh:

lmaoooooooooooo

marj987
07-12-2011, 03:08 PM
And once again Heat fans still take any sentence and try to twist around as if someones joking about LeBron or just trying to fina a reason to defend the Heat......It's like someone took the "dnewguy" mind and soul and used "Mrs. Rose" characteristics. :facepalm:

UmadBrah
07-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Drose will be a goat

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 03:10 PM

Worse he try to tarnish the Bawse, the holy, the epic Derrick Rose.

marj987
lmaoooooooooooo

1+ I tried to ignore but I'm in the library and it Enlarge the pic before shrinking it to it's actual size it caught me off guard lol.

JordansBulls

:clap:

Especially when you are the only allstar on your team.

valade16
07-12-2011, 03:13 PM
I remember a time when "blaming yourself" was called taking responsibility for your actions...

naps
07-12-2011, 03:13 PM
WOW...Stop making excuses Rose. You are better than that.

And people who are saying "Where is the excuse?" Imagine if LeBron said the same about the finals, would you honestly ask the same questions? You would all over this thread hating on LeBorn. Double standards much...smh.

bears88
07-12-2011, 03:15 PM
WOW...Stop making excuses Rose. You are better than that.

And people who are saying "Where is the excuse?" Imagine if LeBron said the same about the finals, would you honestly ask the same questions? You would all over this thread hating on LeBorn. Double standards much...smh.

I don't know if your being sarcastic or not :confused:

How is being tired is considered an excuse?? and don't try to change the subject by bring in lechoke James into a derrick Rose thread.

PZeef
07-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Derrick Rose blames himself for losing= excuse

The press conference after game 5 of the Bulls Heat series, Rose blamed EVERYTHING on himself. Even your fellow Heat fans were impressed how humble the kid was. In this article hes just stating the facts, he was fatigued, everyone and anyone could see it. He's trying to work on his conditioning so that wont happen again, I don't get how anyone can find a negative in that, but yet still do.

PZeef
07-12-2011, 03:16 PM

The press conference after game 5 of the Bulls Heat series, Rose blamed EVERYTHING on himself. Even your fellow Heat fans were impressed how humble the kid was. In this article hes just stating the facts, he was fatigued, everyone and anyone could see it. He's trying to work on his conditioning so that wont happen again, I don't get how anyone can find a negative in that, but yet still do.

jtsunami
07-12-2011, 03:18 PM
:laugh: This thread is hilarious.

Scenario
Rose: I missed the shot
godolphins: SEE! He's making another excuse! He's blaming it on the rims! If the rims didn't have such a small diameter, he would've made the shot! Hahaha Derrick Rose blaming it on the rims.

Slug3
07-12-2011, 03:20 PM
You can really turn any words in to an excuse, and no matter if it was one or not one all that really matters is he knew and now knows his conditioning was not were it needed to be. He is now taking it upon himself to correct the problem. I mean you cant ever learn to get better if you cant accept your short commings. He will be ready next year.

bears88
07-12-2011, 03:20 PM

How in the world is that an excuse??? :confused: is he blaming the coaches, his teammates or the refs so what part of taking responsibility don't you get? becasue when somebody does take responsibility that's not creating any excuse.

CubsBullsBucs
07-12-2011, 03:21 PM
:laugh: This thread is hilarious.

Scenario
Rose: I missed the shot
godolphins: SEE! He's making another excuse! He's blaming it on the rims! If the rims didn't have such a small diameter, he would've made the shot! Hahaha Derrick Rose blaming it on the rims.

hahah miami and their fans always lose at everything, so they are patheticand try to win small battles like this. but their argument is so stupid its laughable. hes not making any excuses. haha miami just sucks period.

*post # 200 for me!

bears88
07-12-2011, 03:22 PM
regardless this thread is going get locked or closed.

MiamiWadeCounty
07-12-2011, 03:24 PM
where is the excuse?

TheRunKiller
07-12-2011, 03:24 PM

Kashmir13579
07-12-2011, 03:25 PM
so nobody besides godolphins and a few other Heat fans think Rose's comments were out of line? i think thats the general consensus.

juno10
07-12-2011, 03:25 PM
i think it's a excuse look everyone is tired wade was absolutely gassed its a long season maybe he just isn't good enough to win it all yet. winning the mvp made people give this kid huge expectations i personally think he just isn't there yet but he's young and improves every year.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Why are the Bull's acting like they won anything... Not that Miami did either, but they beat the Bull's, therefor have the upperhand in this discussion

Ladies Man
07-12-2011, 03:27 PM
The kid played for FIBA last summer, had 2 ulcers during the season, had the ankle injury before the third round, gets hacked in the face constantly with no foul.. Those are excuses. Not him saying that this was a learning experience and he will be more prepared next time. And he will be.

Scarified
07-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Wow, and Heat fans wonder why they're hated around here :facepalm:.

PZeef
07-12-2011, 03:28 PM
How in the world is that an excuse??? :confused: is he blaming the coaches, his teammates or the refs so what part of taking responsibility don't you get? becasue when somebody does take responsibility that's not creating any excuse.

First of all sorry for the double post, i'm new to this site and I don't know how to delete the double post yet.

I was being sarcastic, if you read my full message you would realize that.

bears88
07-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Why are the Bull's acting like they won anything... Not that Miami did either, but they beat the Bull's, therefor have the upperhand in this discussion

no they don't especially when it comes to baiting.

bears88
07-12-2011, 03:29 PM
First of all sorry for the double post, i'm new to this site and I don't know who to delete the double post yet.

I was being sarcastic, if you read my full message you would realize that.

sorry if i misunderstood you

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 03:30 PM

To bad its not.Its a thread about Rose making excuses which he didn't.

jtsunami
07-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Well I guess the Mavs have the ultimate upperhand over anyone else in ANY discussion. If a Mavs fan says the sky is purple and a Laker fan says the sky is blue? Advantage Mavs fan since they beat the Lakers.

Ezio
07-12-2011, 03:33 PM
the kid played for fiba last summer, had 2 ulcers during the season, had the ankle injury before the third round, gets hacked in the face constantly with no foul.. Those are excuses. Not him saying that this was a learning experience and he will be more prepared next time. And he will be.

qft.

jtsunami
07-12-2011, 03:34 PM
It's the Troof, troof!

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 03:37 PM
i feel like God behind these ball, every dribble is holy

man, even my pedastal's on a level to blow me

:worthy:

naps
07-12-2011, 03:38 PM
lol...Bulls fans would be all over this thread saying just opposite if it was LeBron. oh the double standards!

Catfish1314
07-12-2011, 03:38 PM

LeBron didn't win...

He didn't go back to getting so much hate until he played like a weener in the Finals. His team needed him to play better and lost when he didn't play better.

In my mind, most of the credit goes to Miami's defense for Rose's poor play. But fatigue was clearly a factor. He comitted turnovers in wide open space that the Heat didn't force. That's carelessness as a result of fatigue. IMO.

FaM0us Skins
07-12-2011, 03:42 PM
rose did seem fatigue in the playoffs

JayAllDay
07-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Just because of what?

They're butt hurt?

PZeef
lol...Bulls fans would be all over this thread saying just opposite if it was LeBron. oh the double standards!

Lebron has said he was fatigued and needed rest multiple times.

I cannot remember if he was criticized for saying those things, but Lebron did say them.

Ray_R

What double standards? Lebron is just a mortal. Derrick Rose is immortal you cant compare both.

jtsunami
07-12-2011, 03:44 PM
The only reason we lost to the Heatles was because my tummy didn't feel so good. If it wasn't for dem gummy bears, I would of took Lebron to town.
More excuses! No, Derrick! No!

naps
07-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Lebron has said he was fatigued and needed rest multiple times.

I cannot remember if he was criticized for saying those things, but Lebron did say them.

Links? I don't recall him saying he's tired. Other people did but not himself as far as I remember. PSD should have a 70 page LeBron bashing thread if he made that statement.

Cool007
07-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Rose started working out as soon as the week after the season ended last year (2009-10), worked out TWICE a day during the offseason. Then started FIBA and played in the summer.

Then he had to come to the camp early with the New coach, new system and 8 new players. He took extra time to learn the system and his teammates.

Played all year long and had his own injuries that he played through it (Neck sprain, then 2 Ulcers, then back sprain, and 2 ankle sprains in the playoffs), while Boozer and Noah missed months during the season while he carried the Bulls to the BEST record in the entire NBA.

Boozer hurt himself again in the playoffs with a turf-toe and Noah was still not himself like he was earlier in the year. Rose stil had to carry the bulls in the playoffs.

All that and he got tired at the end with suffocating ENTIRE Miami's defense focused to stop Rose.

All he is saying is that that was tiring and he got fatigued at the end. He will work hard during this summer to get better and improve his conditioning so that doesn't happen again.

Where's the excuse?

I love his attitude and whatever he normally says, he DOES it.

John Walls Era
07-12-2011, 03:58 PM
where is the excuse?

Very nice sig... the guy who made it must be a legend.

Master Mind
07-12-2011, 03:58 PM
What double standards? Lebron is just a mortal. Derrick Rose is immortal you cant compare both.

Joke

MJ-BULLS
07-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Derrick Rose sucks.

kingbrentg
07-12-2011, 04:03 PM
One of the funniest threads I've read through in a while. Thank you, all involved.

kjoke
07-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Wasnt Bibby guarding him? And wasnt he guarding Bibby?

Ill21
07-12-2011, 04:08 PM
if this isnt an excuse than i dont know what is. If LeBron said this he would get murdered

kingbrentg
07-12-2011, 04:09 PM

This is the 2nd time I've seen this brought up, and Rose said nothing about it all happening in this series.

That’s what I’m working on this summer, getting my conditioning right. There was just fatigue. My body wore down. Just going through the rounds, the first time being there past the first round, it was hard. I’m just learning from it.

He played nearly all summer, carried a huge load the entire season and playoffs, and went farther than he's been before. He admits his body wasn't ready for it, and it's something to improve on.

jtsunami
07-12-2011, 04:09 PM

Which reminds me, remember when JJ Barea switched onto Lebron, and the only thing he could do was run him over :laugh:

kingbrentg
07-12-2011, 04:11 PM
if this isnt an excuse than i dont know what is. If LeBron said this he would get murdered

Lol please. If blaming yourself for not being ready enough is an excuse, then by all means... what a douche.

b0nk
07-12-2011, 04:11 PM
even if he wasn't trying to make an excuse.. saying you were fatigued makes it sound like one.
i'm sure alot of guys who competed in the playoffs were fatigued, not just him

jp611
07-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Wow, I can't believe what I'm reading here :pity:

Ill21
07-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Lol please. If blaming yourself for not being ready enough is an excuse, then by all means... what a douche.

Hey man your a bulls fan i would be pissed too. if my MVP player was saying he didnt play well in the ECF because he has tired. No need to take your anger out on me.

j11430
07-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Are you serious? A guy can't give the honest reason for not playing up to standards? He was tired. He'd never played this long of a season before. That's not an excuse, it's the reason he did what he did.

kjoke
07-12-2011, 04:16 PM
This is the 2nd time I've seen this brought up, and Rose said nothing about it all happening in this series.

He played nearly all summer, carried a huge load the entire season and playoffs, and went farther than he's been before. He admits his body wasn't ready for it, and it's something to improve on.

I get that, but these are all professional athletes. Rose's burden was significant but as much as he has played, lets not forget that he sleeps as much as any other person, and each day brings on new tiredness. I don't consider this his excuse for not stepping up in the Heat series,and i do think he will adapt to playoff environment. But, the simple fact is that he had Bibby guarding him, it was a mismatch that he should have capitalized, i dont agree with him saying that he was fatigued, when it was a lack of maturity that really hindered him in the Heat game. That, and not having a sg.

Cool007
07-12-2011, 04:17 PM
even if he wasn't trying to make an excuse.. saying you were fatigued makes it sound like one.
i'm sure alot of guys who competed in the playoffs were fatigued, not just him

And how many of them workout TWICE a day even during offseason?

How many of them play in the FIBA and win gold medals - that same summer.

How many of them have a new coach/new system and 8 new players that same year?

How many of them had to go to the camp very early to get to know the coach/system and new players?

How many of them had their 2nd best and 3rd best players miss MONTHS in that same year, while you had to carry the load and led your team to the best record in the NBA?

How many of them also played through Neck Sprain, Back Sprain, 2 Ulcers, and 2 Ankle sprains - that same year and still played through it?

How many of them only had no other all-star and the 2nd best player was still hurt in the playoffs and was playing like HOT GARBAGE in the playoffs while you had to carry the team to Eastern Conference Finals?

kingbrentg
07-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Hey man your a bulls fan i would be pissed too. if my MVP player was saying he didnt play well in the ECF because he has tired. No need to take your anger out on me.

What anger? :laugh2: I have no anger at all towards Rose. Just the impressive display of posts in this thread.

Jesus Pete, he said he wasn't conditioned enough and took the blame for being fatigued. I don't see what's so hard to comprehend. How is blaming yourself and admitting a fault making an excuse?

kingbrentg
07-12-2011, 04:25 PM
I get that, but these are all professional athletes. Rose's burden was significant but as much as he has played, lets not forget that he sleeps as much as any other person, and each day brings on new tiredness. I don't consider this his excuse for not stepping up in the Heat series,and i do think he will adapt to playoff environment. But, the simple fact is that he had Bibby guarding him, it was a mismatch that he should have capitalized, i dont agree with him saying that he was fatigued, when it was a lack of maturity that really hindered him in the Heat game. That, and not having a sg.

Of course he's a professional athlete, and athletes are also humans. Fatigue is going to happen. The kid played more high level basketball this past year than he ever has in his life. He wasn't prepared for that much of a work load and he gets that.

And please, if you think it was all Mike Bibby in that series then you didn't watch it. Watch the constant double teams and help defense Miami threw at him in that series. They were swarming him constantly, and played some outstanding defense.

He definitely has to improve his game and be more prepared though, for sure. And a SG/some help would be wonderful.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 04:25 PM
One of the funniest threads I've read through in a while. Thank you, all involved.

What anger? :laugh2: I have no anger at all towards Rose. Just the impressive display of posts in this thread.

Jesus Pete, he said he wasn't conditioned enough and took the blame for being fatigued. I don't see what's so hard to comprehend. How is blaming yourself and admitting a fault making an excuse?

Congrats on going.... (http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/01/0111_cloned_foods/image/ham_01.jpg)

b0nk
07-12-2011, 04:26 PM

How many of them had to go to the camp very early to get to know the coach/system and new players?

How many of them had their 2nd best and 3rd best players miss MONTHS in that same year, while you had to carry the load and led your team to the best record in the NBA?

How many of them also played through Neck Sprain, Back Sprain, 2 Ulcers, and 2 Ankle sprains - that same year and still played through it?

How many of them only had no other all-star and the 2nd best player was still hurt in the playoffs and was playing like HOT GARBAGE in the playoffs while you had to carry the team to Eastern Conference Finals?

talk about over dramatizing.
yeah, rose works out... so that must mean everybody else sits on thier ***** all day long.
and bulls must be the only team that has to deal with team injuries. so unfair

PZeef
You like Rose= not an excuse
You dislike Rose= an excuse

That pretty much defines this thread.

chicago lulz
To the people bashing Rose and saying it was an excuse: Tomorrow, you all are going to have to wake up and have the same life that you had, before you woke up today. You all are going to have the same personal problems you had today and Rose is going to continue to live the way he wants to live and continue to do the things he wants to do.

juno10
07-12-2011, 04:27 PM

what a long list of excuses.

kingbrentg
07-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Congrats on going.... (http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/01/0111_cloned_foods/image/ham_01.jpg)

:drool:

Now be a doll and bake that up for us.

dikimbemutumbo
07-12-2011, 04:29 PM

So when reporters aks rose what went wrong in the series, or what he could have done better and needs to improve on this offseason you want him to respond like this. "Nothing, I am what I am, I played the best i will ever be able to, and the heat are my daddy"? He was answering a question about what can be improved and what went wrong in the series. Stop hating on everything the guy says.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 04:30 PM
You like Women= not an excuse
You dislike Rose= your going to hell.

That pretty much defines this thread.

Fixed

barreleffact
07-12-2011, 04:32 PM
To the people bashing Rose and saying it was an excuse: Tomorrow, you all are going to have to wake up and have the same life that you had, before you woke up today. You all are going to have the same personal problems you had today and Rose is going to continue to live the way he wants to live and continue to do the things he wants to do.

^funny thing is, if he keeps making excuses like this, he really will become the same guy as that former MVP...

MJ-BULLS
07-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Rose was fatigued. He was the ****ing best player on the team.

We went up against a heat team that played great perimeter defense, with guys like Lebron and wade, you are going to get a beating physically. Sure, Rose made a excuse. It's ****ing hard when you have to do everything offensively.

We almost got to the finals with a crappy 2 guard.

kingbrentg
07-12-2011, 04:34 PM
^funny thing is, if he keeps making excuses like this, he really will become the same guy as that former MVP...

Yep, totally. Admitting a personal flaw and needing to fix it is going to turn him into the league's next villain.

dikimbemutumbo
07-12-2011, 04:35 PM

I see what you did there.

PZeef
07-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Fixed

Not really fixed, "your" or "you're"?

chicago lulz
07-12-2011, 04:37 PM
"No one should strive for improvement" is the message I'm getting from here.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Not really fixed, "your" or "you're"?

No you didn't. Now fix it.

metsbulls1025
07-12-2011, 04:39 PM
I like how some Heat fans have the Rose sig about the 4th quarter stats. It is just a defense mechanism since Lebron did the same thing in the finals.

PZeef
07-12-2011, 04:39 PM
"No one should strive for improvement" is the message I'm getting from here.

These people hating on Rose do not want him to improve in anyway. The funny thing is the better he gets the more haters he gets.

PZeef
07-12-2011, 04:41 PM
No you didn't. Now fix it.

I don't know how to "fix it". I'm new to this site and still learning all the ropes.

chicago lulz
07-12-2011, 04:43 PM
These people hating on Rose do not want him to improve in anyway. The funny thing is the better he gets the more haters he gets.

Haha, very valid point.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't know how to "fix it". I'm new to this site and still learning all the ropes.

Quote, then type in between the quote brackets.

SeoulBeatz
07-12-2011, 04:49 PM
OP is a Heat fan just trying to move some of the hate away from his own team... i see what u did there :)

Darc Mind
07-12-2011, 04:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 04:55 PM
no they don't especially when it comes to baiting.

But... they beat you :confused:

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 04:59 PM
But... they beat you :confused:

So a Mavs fan could start a thread stating the Scalabrine is better than LeBron and he is 100% right because they are the champions.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 05:04 PM
So a Mavs fan could start a thread stating the Scalabrine is better than LeBron and he is 100% right because they are the champions.

They could... and then I would ask them to prove how Brian Scalabrine was better then LeBron James, and they wouldn't be able to. So they would be 100% wrong.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 05:09 PM
By your logic...

Robert Horry is better then Michael Jordan
Adam Morrison is better Karl Malone
JJ Barea is better then John Stockton
Brian Scalabrine is better then LeBron
Brendan Haywood is better then Dwight

etc...

synister281
07-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Every thread in this forum is baited to turn into a ****ing LeBaron suckfest. Its ridiculous.

Rose made no excuse, he stated that he needs to improve. And he will, and he will come back every year, stronger and more used to the pace and the pressure of the playoffs.

BcEuAbRsS
07-12-2011, 05:11 PM

He never said that... dont make up fancy things to fit your agenda... just makes you look dumb...

j11430
07-12-2011, 05:11 PM

Tip #1: Don't point out spelling or grammar errors, makes you look like a dick

Darc Mind
07-12-2011, 05:12 PM
By your logic...

etc...

Exactly, For a player like Scalabrine who averaged 1.8 ppg in that championship season hardly contributed to them winning the trophy. He was just in the right place at the right time.

BcEuAbRsS
07-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Tip #1: Don't point out spelling or grammar errors, makes you look like a dick

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 05:27 PM
They could... and then I would ask them to prove how Brian Scalabrine was better then LeBron James, and they wouldn't be able to. So they would be 100% wrong.
Then prove to me how the Miami Heat have an upper hand in any discussion on Derrick Rose.

Rosh
07-12-2011, 05:29 PM

Of course there would be. Rose didn't come out before the season and call out 7+ championships and say that when the season started it was "going to be easy". LeBron would have brought all of that onto himself.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 05:30 PM
By your logic...

etc...

That is actually your logic saying any team that has beaten another one has an upper hand in a discussion.

kingbrentg
07-12-2011, 05:37 PM
That is actually your logic saying any team that has beaten another one has an upper hand in a discussion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cfxfMlTkwg&feature=related

JC_
07-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Are you serious? A guy can't give the honest reason for not playing up to standards? He was tired. He'd never played this long of a season before. That's not an excuse, it's the reason he did what he did.

Saying you were tired is an excuse. A lot of people in this thread are crying because they think we're saying Rose is bad for making excuses. Anyone would be tired in his situation and there's nothing wrong with that. I personally don't give a damn whether he said that or not, I just don't understand how people say that's not an excuse.

Fans are saying "it's not an excuse because he said he's going to do more conditioning".. that **** makes so sense to me.

buch88
07-12-2011, 05:45 PM
it's probably cuz LeBron was guarding him. most players would get worn out trying to find ways to get by or around lebron.

buch88
07-12-2011, 05:47 PM
By your logic...

etc...

you forgot:

Luke Walton is better than Chris Webber
DJ Mbenga is better than Charles Barkley
Anderson Varejao is better than George Gervin
Eddie House is better than Pistol Pete

jp611
07-12-2011, 05:49 PM
it's probably cuz LeBron was guarding him. most players would get worn out trying to find ways to get by or around lebron.

Lebron didnt guard Rose except for a few times during 4th quarter of games. And Jason Terry torched Lebron so it wasnt because of Lebron, it was more because of him having to carry the load the entire season.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Then prove to me how the Miami Heat have an upper hand in any discussion on Derrick Rose.

Because they beat you in the series! They stopped you from winning a championship! What don't you get about this...??

northsider
07-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Saying you were tired is an excuse. A lot of people in this thread are crying because they think we're saying Rose is bad for making excuses. Anyone would be tired in his situation and there's nothing wrong with that. I personally don't give a damn whether he said that or not, I just don't understand how people say that's not an excuse.

Fans are saying "it's not an excuse because he said he's going to do more conditioning".. that **** makes so sense to me.

But, he isn't using it to eliminate himself from why the Bulls lost instead he is taking blame for it and his conditioning. There is a big difference here it isn't an excuse ,cause he isn't trying to separate himself from the outcome instead he is taking responsibility for the outcome based on his own actions.

An excuse is a way to dismiss anything you had to do with the situation cause of whatever reason. He isn't trying to dismiss himself from the situation in any form. He isn't asking for forgiveness or to be excused he is taking blame.

Who makes an excuse to take the blame.

kingbrentg
07-12-2011, 05:54 PM

And how admitting a flaw in your game and saying it needs to be worked on is an excuse makes no sense to me. He never said they would have won the series if he wasn't fatigued.

I guess it just depends on how you're looking at the word "excuse". If you're going simply by the definition of the word, then sure, call it an excuse. For his own performance, which he's always critical of. But the people we're referring to are the ones villainizing him over admitting a flaw, which makes absolutely no sense.

He's not stating anywhere that they should have one or saying anything douchey in any shape or form. Hell, he's said numerous times that there are no excuses right now.

haggis
07-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Derrick Rose sucks.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Because they beat you in the series! They stopped you from winning a championship! What don't you get about this...??

A square is round. Don't try to correct me because your team didn't make it to the playoffs.

DaBear
07-12-2011, 05:58 PM
He was fatigued by carrying the load the first two rounds, and to Miami's credit he played a much better defense than in the first two rounds.

Either way, Miami fans need to stop crying about "If LeBron said this.." crap. Rose is a million times more humble than LeBron will ever be.

kingbrentg
07-12-2011, 05:58 PM

Seriously? Them winning the series has absolutely NOTHING to do with THIS topic.

DerekRE_3
07-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Good to see the lockout is making the NBA forum dumber than ever.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:05 PM
A square is round. Don't try to correct me because your team didn't make it to the playoffs.

Uhh yeah they did... (even though they that has NOTHING to do with our dicussion) :confused:

chisox..YES!
Anyone who closely follows the Bulls, or the NBA playoffs for that matter, would know that Derrick Rose said on multiple occasions over the post-season, "There's no excuses."

See 3:25 as an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSHhkL2NdOY

He'd be the first person to say this isn't an excuse.

Cal827
lol whenever I need entertainment, I'll just look in on a Heat or Bulls topic. Because we all know, that it'll lead to a S***storm :facepalm: I feel bad for the Bulls/Heat Mods, cause I've visited the Bulls/Heat forums and they have to clean up there too.

Anyways, I don't see what the big point is in this. He said it's something he needs to work on. We all should leave it at that... but then again, a lot of people here are mad.

Many of the Heat posters have a point though... whether or not Lebron brought it on to himself with some of his questionable comments, If Lebron said the exact same statement, people would label it as an excuse.

marj987
It's ok Heat fans, your right Rose is making an excuse........The Heat had an unstoppable defense and it pummeled the Bulls. It's o.k we don't hate for trying to find a reason to defend the Heat the fact that Rose stating that he's "not good enough" and to find an excuse to state the Heat are just flat out unstoppable is good. It's ok we won't bash for that The Heat are just THAT GOOD.......The fact that Rose ADMITTED to something that was true than other that what WADE and LEBRON did is perfectly fine. We love you Heat fans you guys are the posters on this site you feed us with knowledge and compassion for the game. We love you.

Rosh
There are some truly special people in this thread.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Uhh yeah they did... (even though they that has NOTHING to do with our dicussion) :confused:

But they lost.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Seriously? Them winning the series has absolutely NOTHING to do with THIS topic.

Thats what it turned into... So don't just tell me, tell everyone as well.

Bulls fans, cannot talk any ISH to Heat fans. they bounced you out.

It's like an overweight person telling you how to lose weight...

A homeless person telling a millionaire how to invest his money...

SteBO
07-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Of course there would be. Rose didn't come out before the season and call out 7+ championships and say that when the season started it was "going to be easy". LeBron would have brought all of that onto himself.
This happened when? Last year??

It's time get over that now......

Lebron didnt guard Rose except for a few times during 4th quarter of games. And Jason Terry torched Lebron so it wasnt because of Lebron, it was more because of him having to carry the load the entire season.
I agree. BTW, I get Heat/Bulls fans have been at each others throats all last year, which is far from surprising considering the history of the two franchises, plus FA, but this thread has to contain some of the most ridiculous crap I've ever read in a long time. :pity:

How the hell did Rose make an excuse here? I'd like to see some of you go out there, play for team USA in the Fiba Worlds and go the distance, play an 82 game regular season and go through the playoffs up to the ECF, all while your starting SG goes by the name of "Keith Bogans", and the rest of your team can hardly score consistent points. The end result would be exactly what Rose said. That isn't an excuse, it's reality. Rose had to carry that team all year long without rest. He put the blame on himself, and that's something that should lauded, not the opposite. Had LeBron gone through the same circumstances this year, I'd find it hard pressed for any of you to even bash him. No need to twist words around.

I know there is a lockout and that there is hardly anything worth mentioning anymore, but seriously????

kingbrentg
07-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Thats what it turned into... So don't just tell me, tell everyone as well.

Bulls fans, cannot talk any ISH to Heat fans. they bounced you out.

It's like an overweight person telling you how to lose weight...

A homeless person telling a millionaire how to invest his money...

Honestly, this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

So if I punch a guy's lights out, I have the right to say 1+2=7? Because I knocked him out, I'm automatically right in any argument, right?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Weren't you a nuggets fan?

Why are you refusing to answer my post?

I'm a Carmelo fan, therefore, a fan of the team he plays for...

Again I hafta ask what does this hafta do with the fact that Miami bounced the Bulls from the playoffs?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Honestly, this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

So if I punch a guy's lights out, I have the right to say 1+2=7? Because I knocked him out, I'm automatically right, right?

Pretty much.

It doesn't make you right, but I bet the dude won't argue with you again. that was a good analogy. :)

marj987
07-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Oh and BTW can you Heat fans just suck LeBron's dick already?!
I wouldn't be surprised if you already have since every thread get's turned into a LeBron conversation.

marj987
07-12-2011, 06:13 PM

Again I hafta ask what does this hafta do with the fact that Miami bounced the Bulls from the playoffs?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bandwagoner

kingbrentg
07-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Pretty much.

It doesn't make you right, but I bet the dude won't argue with you again. that was a good analogy. :)

Thank God that's not how the world works. Our world leaders would be a bunch of meatheads.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 06:15 PM

Because this has nothing with me refusing the fact that the heat beat is us. They did. Not once have I said we are better than the heat in this thread. This has to do with a Heat fan saying Rose is making excuses when he is not. If I remember right he took on all the blame in the press conference.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bandwagoner

In sports, someone who shamelessly cheers for a particular team not because he likes them or follows them faithfully, but only because that particular team is the "popular" choice or has been or is the top team in their specific sport recently. When that team which bandwagoners follow falls from grace, they gleefully jump on the next teams bandwagon and cheer for that team.

The Knicks won 42 games this year...

Melo coulda gone to the Cavs, or TWolves, and I'd be a fan of them. Now If I was a Heat fan THEN that would be considerd a bandwagoner. :eyebrow: Nice try tho.

Dade County
07-12-2011, 06:20 PM

Miami was that reason.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Because this has nothing with me refusing the fact that the heat beat is us. They did. Not once have I said we are better than the heat in this thread. This has to do with a Heat fan saying Rose is making excuses when he is not. If I remember right he took on all the blame in the press conference.

I never said, that you said any of that. I agree but the Bulls fans are trying to tell the Heat that they suck and this that and the third... But in reality yall need to look in the mirror and realise the team yall are talkin chit about is the team that crushed your dreams @ an NBA title.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Thank God that's not how the world works. Our world leaders would be a bunch of meatheads.

But they are... lol

CHANGO
07-12-2011, 06:23 PM

I agree. BTW, I get Heat/Bulls fans have been at each others throats all last year, which is far from surprising considering the history of the two franchises, plus FA, but this thread has to contain some of the most ridiculous crap I've ever read in a long time. :pity:

How the hell did Rose make an excuse here? I'd like to see some of you go out there, play for team USA in the Fiba Worlds and go the distance, play an 82 game regular season and go through the playoffs up to the ECF, all while your starting SG goes by the name of "Keith Bogans", and the rest of your team can hardly score consistent points. The end result would be exactly what Rose said. That isn't an excuse, it's reality. Rose had to carry that team all year long without rest. He put the blame on himself, and that's something that should lauded, not the opposite. Had LeBron gone through the same circumstances this year, I'd find it hard pressed for any of you to even bash him. No need to twist words around.

I know there is a lockout and that there is hardly anything worth mentioning anymore, but seriously????

I think most people who say this is an excuse, refer to the fact that others are using a double standard, so you see many of them saying, if Lebron said this blah blah blah. I'm sure that if Lebron said this, everyone would say, but he is a star has to play as one, this are just excuses, etc... And that's why you see many people, mostly heat fans, complaining.

I don't care if this is whether or not an excuse, because the Heat defeated the Bulls and that's all that matters. So please, stop with the ****...

juno10
07-12-2011, 06:24 PM

didn't lebron play for the radeem team in olympic basketball than make it all the way to the ECF didn't the 30+ yr old kobe bryant do the same but went to the finals that same year.. im sure they were dead tired but they didn't mention it and bron lost that year

its not because he was tired because everyone was thats an excuse its because he got locked down in the fourth by lebron and the miami heat just beat them because they were the better team.

Cal827
07-12-2011, 06:24 PM
In sports, someone who shamelessly cheers for a particular team not because he likes them or follows them faithfully, but only because that particular team is the "popular" choice or has been or is the top team in their specific sport recently. When that team which bandwagoners follow falls from grace, they gleefully jump on the next teams bandwagon and cheer for that team.

Melo coulda gone to the Cavs, or TWolves, and I'd be a fan of them. Now If I was a Heat fan THEN that would be considerd a bandwagoner. :eyebrow: Nice try tho.

I know your a fan of Melo, but aren't the Knicks also a "popular choice"? When they got Carmelo, people started talking about how they will assemble their own big 3 to take down the "evil" big 3 in Miami.

kingbrentg
07-12-2011, 06:25 PM
But they are... lol

Okay, I can't really stand up for many people in office. :laugh2: But it would be even worse... I think.

bears88
07-12-2011, 06:25 PM
I never said, that you said any of that. I agree but the Bulls fans are trying to tell the Heat that they suck and this that and the third... But in reality yall need to look in the mirror and realise the team yall are talkin chit about is the team that crushed your dreams @ an NBA title.

and that team got crushed by Dallas.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 06:26 PM
So basically it is okay to make bs and troll thread as long as you beat them.

SteBO
07-12-2011, 06:27 PM
didn't lebron play for the radeem team in olympic basketball than make it all the way to the ECF didn't the 30+ yr old kobe bryant do the same but went to the finals that same year.. im sure they were dead tired but they didn't mention it and bron lost that year

its not because he was tired because everyone was thats an excuse its because he got locked down in the fourth by lebron and the miami heat just beat them because they were the better team.
I get that wholeheartedly. As a Heat fan, I'm in no way shape or form discrediting my own teams' defense against Rose. It did lock him down. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that Rose was a little fatigued considering he had to carry the offensive burden all year long. Just sayin'. You have to look at both angles.

SteBO
07-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Ok. :confused: I don't see what Dallas has to do with anything.

Dade County
07-12-2011, 06:28 PM
It's ok Heat fans, your right Rose is making an excuse........The Heat had an unstoppable defense and it pummeled the Bulls. It's o.k we don't hate for trying to find a reason to defend the Heat the fact that Rose stating that he's "not good enough" and to find an excuse to state the Heat are just flat out unstoppable is good. It's ok we won't bash for that The Heat are just THAT GOOD.......The fact that Rose ADMITTED to something that was true than other that what WADE and LEBRON did is perfectly fine. We love you Heat fans you guys are the posters on this site you feed us with knowledge and compassion for the game. We love you.

So sad.......... smh

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 06:29 PM

Exactly, but you lost to Dallas so fall back.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:30 PM

I'm sure you woulda liked a Finals appearance :D

SteBO
07-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Exactly, but you lost to Dallas so fall back.
:laugh2:

That logic is just killing me right now. (I know you were sarcastic there, I was referring to the last few pages)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:31 PM
So basically it is okay to make bs and troll thread as long as you beat them.

Yup. What can you say? You lost. and nothing you can do about it... It's like me arguing with a Celtics fan that the Knicks are better. I'd be outta my mind. The C's whooped our *****

bears88
07-12-2011, 06:32 PM

well he is bringing up that your team crushed " Bulls fans Dreams" why would he bring that up while winning and loosing has nothing to do with Rose feeling fatigue.

D Roses Bulls
07-12-2011, 06:32 PM
wtf is wrong with miami fans? he is putting the blame on himself.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Not pointing fingers or anything... but, some of yall should really really consider taking an English Literacy class. There's so many flaws, and illogical fallacies in some of your arguments.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:39 PM
well he is bringing up that your team crushed " Bulls fans Dreams" why would he bring that up while winning and loosing has nothing to do with Rose feeling fatigue.

Because Bulls fans were talkin chit about Heat fans like they have a reason too! Theres nothing Bulls fans can say to Heat fans right now.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Yup. What can you say? You lost. and nothing you can do about it... It's like me arguing with a Celtics fan that the Knicks are better. I'd be outta my mind. The C's whooped our *****

I'm not arguing that the bulls are better than the Heat. I'm arguing that Rose being fatigued is an excuse Rose said to get the critics off his back. Rose indeed took the blame for his short comings in the playoffs.

Q: Derrick, can you give your overview of the series, and try not to blame yourself too much in the process?

Rose: It was me. Turnovers, I guess fouls, if you call it that. If anything, you just learn from it and just try to do better next year.

Geargo Wallace
07-12-2011, 06:41 PM
I do kind of find it funny that Rose has all of these quotes where he puts blame on himself, or puts pressure on himself. The media and fans love it. It's really cute. In reality it means nothing, but it makes him look better IMO.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Not pointing fingers or anything... but, some of yall should really really consider taking an English Literacy class. There's so many flaws, and illogical fallacies in some of your arguments.

http://www.vamortgagecenter.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/we_need_you.jpg

TheRunKiller
07-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Because Bulls fans were talkin chit about Heat fans like they have a reason too! Theres nothing Bulls fans can say to Heat fans right now.

if Bulls fans can't talk **** theres no way in hell a Knicks fan should be talking **** you got swept in the first round

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm not arguing that the bulls are better than the Heat. I'm arguing that Rose being fatigued is an excuse Rose said to get the critics off his back. Rose indeed took the blame for his short comings in the playoffs.

Ok

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:45 PM
if Bulls fans can't talk **** theres no way in hell a Knicks fan should be talking **** you got swept in the first round

I'm not even talkin about the Knicks bro... :confused:

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 06:47 PM

Now you know how I've felt going back and forth with you.

TheRunKiller
07-12-2011, 06:47 PM

well whatever you are just shut the hell up

jp611
07-12-2011, 06:49 PM
AI, the Bulls made it farther than the Knicks so you can't say anything about the Bulls, you need to leave right now

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:49 PM
well whatever you are just shut the hell up

lol... ok.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Now you know how I've felt going back and forth with you.

You chose to respond to my post. All I did was say that the bulls fans behavior was quite ironic.

(I like your dog by the way.)

jp611
07-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Only people who can talk in this thread are Heat, Mavs and Thunder fans according to AI's logic

DodgerBulls
07-12-2011, 06:53 PM

Because of this, you should definitely get ban.

D Roses Bulls
07-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Only people who can talk in this thread are Heat, Mavs and Thunder fans according to AI's logic

exactly, lol

Geargo Wallace
07-12-2011, 06:54 PM
I can talk because I'm smarter than 90% of the ppl in the NBA forum. It's funny because 90% of the ppl in the forum are either Heat or Bulls fans.

CHANGO
07-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Oh my.... Please someone close this thread...

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 06:56 PM
You chose to respond to my post. All I did was say that the bulls fans behavior was quite ironic.

(I like your dog by the way.)

Thanks.

Yea because it seem like you were just shooting me off because you though my whole basis for my argument was Bulls are better than the heat, (even though I feel like that in my heart, it wasn't the case this season.) it has small relevance to this thread.

championships
07-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Who isn't fatigued by that time in the season!?!

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 07:00 PM
I can talk because I'm smarter than 90% of the ppl in the NBA forum. It's funny because 90% of the ppl in the forum are either Heat or Bulls fans.

Ill say its 25% Heat 25% Bulls 25% Lakers 25% Rest NBA. Iusally tend to stay away from the NBA forum though.

TO to the CHI
07-12-2011, 07:00 PM

I am pointing fingers. Your arguments are heavily flawed and the theory that a team's fans are somehow barred from insulting another team based on the prior season's results is absurd. As is, by the way, a Knicks fan criticizing any team's fans.

To further help you out, it is a logical fallacy, not an illogical fallacy.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 07:01 PM

Thank you! Was that so hard??

jp611
07-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Then why are you here :confused:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 07:04 PM
I am pointing fingers. Your arguments are heavily flawed and the theory that a team's fans are somehow barred from insulting another team based on the prior season's results is absurd. As is, by the way, a Knicks fan criticizing any team's fans.

To further help you out, it is a logical fallacy, not an illogical fallacy.

I'm not arguing. I'm not insulting any team either. If you choose to be insulted by facts, the truth does hurt. Miami won in the series. So why would bulls fans argue that Bulls are better then Miami?

typo* my bad.

Jazzgear
07-12-2011, 07:10 PM

Miami Fans have some nerves coming into another forum flexing their muscles after having their (Dream Team) butts handed to them by the Mavs (a real team) :facepalm:

marj987
07-12-2011, 07:14 PM

Doesn't matter if their popular or not.....Just like what LeBron fans did.....They were considered bandwagoners because they followed LeBron.....Popularity doesn't have anything to do with it in my opinion.

And why isn't this thread closed yet.....It's already went way pass ridiculous.

JC_
07-12-2011, 07:15 PM
I guess it just depends on how you're looking at the word "excuse". If you're going simply by the definition of the word, then sure, call it an excuse. For his own performance, which he's always critical of. But the people we're referring to are the ones villainizing him over admitting a flaw, which makes absolutely no sense.

I agree with this. I think he's a great player and if other people on the Bulls stepped up it would have been a different series. IMO it's amazing how hard he's willing to work to carry his team.

DR_1
07-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Dont feed the troll guys!!!

mRc08
07-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I don't understand how any person can HATE derrick rose. Angry at him for beating your teams, winning MVP over other players, being so good this young, playing with chicago? THose are all things that should make people like him IMO. He is humble, anyone saying otherwise has no clue about derrick rose. He works just as hard as any player in the game. He plays for his home town team and has so far lived up to the hype. I don't see how anyone could possibly hate this person. Every fan would love to have a player like him on their team.

So why all the hate. THe only possible reason I can think of is that it is a natural response to your dislike of other bulls fans. "I hate bulls fans so I'm gonna attack their best player withh everything I can!"

Thats sad.

I hate the lakers and knicks, but stoudemire, amarea, and kobe are boss, and i never hate on them.

Rose is arguable the best, no mistake, good PR person for the nba, and people still hate. The only slip up in his entire career was the image of him flashing gang signs. Thats it. No DUI, calling teamates out publicly, getting coaches fired, etc.

People need to focus their hate on the players that deserve it, and if it your only way to "get back" after someone hates on your teams superstar, then i feel sorry for you. If everyone would focus their hate rationally and logically, all these bashing threads between lebron, wade, rose, etc would end. People are too defensive and quick to throw a rival teams player completely under the bus just to get a little boner of pleasure seeing opposing fans flipout. Grow up.

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2011, 07:28 PM
everybody was fatigued

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Doesn't matter if their popular or not.....Just like what LeBron fans did.....They were considered bandwagoners because they followed LeBron.....Popularity doesn't have anything to do with it in my opinion.

And why isn't this thread closed yet.....It's already went way pass ridiculous.

So your making up words now?

Avenged
07-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Okay, so Rose blames himself and this is somehow an "excuse" for Heat fans?

An excuse would be "If I wasn't fatigued, we would have won".

I don't get this forum sometimes.

Cubs Win
07-12-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm actually glad this thread is still open. It can show everyone how ridiculous godolphins and some of these other Heat fans are. :laugh2:

If this is an excuse, how can Heat fans at all defend LeBron, EVER? :laugh:

bears88
07-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Okay, so Rose blames himself and this is somehow an "excuse" for Heat fans?

An excuse would be "If I wasn't fatigued, we would have won".

I don't get this forum sometimes.

me either he admitted that it was fatigue and took the blame I don't know how some people view that as an excuse.

Doogolas
07-12-2011, 07:43 PM
He was probably asked something. What was he supposed to say. "We lost. That's it."

That would have been douche-y.

Ray_R
07-12-2011, 07:44 PM