PDA

View Full Version : How Big will the NCAA BB become if there is a Lockout?

Mobsterkel
07-11-2011, 05:16 PM
How much would college basketball explode this season if the nba's entire season is gone, and would it become more popular than the nba for a few years while the nba tries to regain fans.

AKAYaReal
07-11-2011, 05:19 PM
It will the be the only basketball that will be on so im sure many will watch it more than before.

shen
07-11-2011, 05:20 PM
I don't know tons of people but even I know a couple dozen fans who have already told me they are going to watch college ball if there is no NBA season. There are tons of NBA fans in this country who never watch college ball but will be so desperate just to watch the spot. I also think even after the lockout ends that college ball will be more popular for at least 5 years after. Just because of the fans who will hold a grudge.

theheatles
07-11-2011, 05:35 PM
it's def going to get a big ratings boost, no NBA, many top freshmen coming back with a great incoming freshman class...should be fun

GeekInThePink
07-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Dunno, don't really care too much about the NCAA

pacofunk64
07-11-2011, 06:14 PM
No...Well maybe I guess. I'm an Iowa fan and our team has sucked for the past several years. THere is some promise this year and I'll likely watch more but it's not because the NBA will be locked out.

airronijordan
07-11-2011, 06:21 PM
im just gonna say that there will be bigger ratings for ncaa and that all the new ncaa fans will either be a unc or a kentucky fan

hard_candy
07-11-2011, 11:43 PM
The lockout will certainly help the college game.

The tournament's already incredibly popular despite that fact that not many people watch regular season games, so march madness could skyrocket in popularity if casual fans have even a passing knowledge of the teams and players that they're listing in their brackets.

I'll probably attend a few more games as well. Although surprisingly, the price difference between NBA game tickets and D1 games is not as big as one might assume.

Kashmir13579
07-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I already liked college ball way more than the NBA. The lockout certainly won't make a difference in how many NCAA games i watch or attend.

Hellcrooner
07-12-2011, 12:11 AM
should get higher ratings than usual as long as no more derons sign in europe and no americna station broadcasts euroleague

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I think them and the NHL will benefit from the NBA lockout.

avon_barksdale
07-12-2011, 12:35 AM
nah no brothas watch nhl bro

justOmazing
07-12-2011, 12:45 AM
How much would college basketball explode this season if the nba's entire season is gone, and would it become more popular than the nba for a few years while the nba tries to regain fans.

Duh. No NBA = BBall fans watch more college hoops. Not a toughie.

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I have always enjoyed both college and NBA, so if the lockout continues, i just hope espn/cbs/abc will host more games than usual. I need my basketball fix lol... I will probably watch some euroleague games online as well. College basketball will def have a popularity spike though