PDA

View Full Version : Lithuania wins U-19 Gold

cubfan23
07-11-2011, 12:07 PM
That's right baby lol I don't follow the international game all that much but is Lithuania back on the upswing to compete as one of the best teams in the world again? I know the guy Toronto drafted has potential, do you guys think he's going to be good?

J-Relo
07-12-2011, 06:14 AM
That's right baby lol I don't follow the international game all that much but is Lithuania back on the upswing to compete as one of the best teams in the world again? I know the guy Toronto drafted has potential, do you guys think he's going to be good?

LIthuania has always been in competition as one of the better european teams. If you don't remember they won bronze in last world championship.
This year's Europe championship is going to be quite interesting but I hardly see them accomplishing something spectacular as they are without their previous year leaders (Kleiza, Maciulis). Of course presence of Jonas Valanciunas might help but he isn't lock to get into the team. Jonas has huge potential but to perform well in pro basketball he needs to bulk up, get stronger.

cubfan23
07-12-2011, 07:02 PM
LIthuania has always been in competition as one of the better european teams. If you don't remember they won bronze in last world championship.
This year's Europe championship is going to be quite interesting but I hardly see them accomplishing something spectacular as they are without their previous year leaders (Kleiza, Maciulis). Of course presence of Jonas Valanciunas might help but he isn't lock to get into the team. Jonas has huge potential but to perform well in pro basketball he needs to bulk up, get stronger.

you Lithuanian and thanks for the info!