PDA

View Full Version : Warriors hire Marty Glick as Chief Financial Officer

MackShock
07-11-2011, 03:00 AM
OAKLAND, CA – The Golden State Warriors have named Marty Glick as the team’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO), it was announced today. Glick, who is also a minority owner of the club, will begin his new duties immediately. He will oversee all day-to-day and long-term financial planning and accounting for the organization, while reporting directly to Co-Owner Joe Lacob.

Glick, a highly-regarded former biotech executive whose affiliations have a history of innovative success, has accumulated a wealth of experience as a prominent financial figure for several large biotech businesses, including Genentech of South San Francisco, where he spent over a decade (1987-1997), most recently as Vice President of Finance. He also served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Theravance, a Bay Area-based drug discovery company, for seven years (1998-2005) and was a Co-Founder and Board Member of Eyetech Pharmaceuticals. Additionally, Glick was Co-Founder and Chairman of the Board of PEAK Surgical – an innovative private medical device company – and his resume also includes a seven-plus year stint as the Chair of the Biotech Tax and Finance Committee.

“I’m really pleased to have someone the caliber of Marty Glick on board as our new CFO,” said Lacob. “His experience and expertise will be a tremendous asset and will prove invaluable as we move forward in our quest to build a World Class organization from top to bottom.”

A native of Chicago, Illinois, Glick earned his MBA in Finance at Kellogg School of Management (Northwestern University) and his BSBA in Accounting at Creighton University.

Who? Will he help land us a superstar?

TrueFan420
07-11-2011, 03:46 AM
cfo doesnt have anything to do with landing us a superstar (thats our gms or should i really say west's job).

MackShock
07-11-2011, 03:51 AM
i know he doesnt have anything to do with bball operations..but hey..he can work out the financing to sign a superstar! (kidding)

John408
07-11-2011, 12:20 PM
He has a lot to do with this organization in which he overseas everything about this company. Great hire

Monta is beast
07-11-2011, 05:28 PM
He has a lot to do with this organization in which he overseas everything about this company. Great hire

Im guessing you have no idea who he is either, right?

sf-fanatic
07-11-2011, 05:57 PM
This kind of solidified our chances as the favorite to win the finals next year.

Clsmooth22
07-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Definitely not a sexy move from the fan perspective, but for all we know "business-wise" the previous front office was losing the team money in a variety of areas. I'd be curious to see if he'll be working full time for the warriors or if he's just doing consulting work as an official member of the board. Either way, you want your finance guys to crunch numbers and work out the particulars. I don't think any CFO hiring, basketball or otherwise, is ever a sexy move. Nice thing is that it only adds infrastructure to a team and is a great example of Lacob's savvy business skills.

Would it be nice to see them add a superstar? Yes. Do I want that superstar in charge of my books? No.

Leandres_sf
07-12-2011, 01:52 AM
Lacob is making good decisions. He is putting people in place to run the Warriors as a successful business. Hopefully he gets the right guys on the court too!