PDA

View Full Version : Should ESPN Sponser a tournament during the strike?

JasonJohnHorn
07-10-2011, 10:53 AM
While the NBA is on strike, sports chanels like ESPN, The Score and TSN, will all need something to play during the season (though I imagine TSN and The Score will be happy playing hockey games), but do you think it would be a god idea for ESPN or somebody to sponcer a tournament featuring NBA players? Perhaps three tournaments: one-on-one, two-on-two and three-on-three? Only school 21?

I'd love to see Kobe and LBJ go one-on-one, or see what Kobe and Pao could do against LBJ and Wade.

Any match-ups you'd guys like to see? Or any other thoughts?

daleja424
07-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Nah. they won't really go at it... so it would be pretty boring IMO.

MiamiWadeCounty
07-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Injuries? Why would a player risk millions upon millions for a little pickup game.

Rivera
07-10-2011, 10:59 AM
i remember around early 2000 ESPN 2 used to air the EBC classic or at least show high lights and tell a story on what happened

ESPN should bring that back :nod:

NYKalltheway
07-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Have fun watching European and Chinese basketball :)

nickdymez
07-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Naw.. The NBA would have a heart attack

theheatles
07-10-2011, 03:36 PM
i would love if espn held it's own 3 pt, skills and dunk competitions and maybe some new events if the lockout goes on for a yr or more....espn could pay the competing players set sums for a couple weeks worth of competitions....i would like to see them race to see who the fastest player in the nba is(100meter, 40 yard), who has the highest vert, each team team can pick 3 players from their squad for the shooting stars competition, and with each competition it should be march madness tournament style so 64 players in each event so it drags on, hopefully have this in late february to march...because if theres no NBA after the superbowl ima lose my mind

Niro
07-10-2011, 06:17 PM
i would love it