PDA

View Full Version : Looking back at the trade..

TO Rapz
07-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Brandon Morrow for Brandon League.

Morrow has some serious potential, but IMO hasn't figured it out completely just yet.

League is now an all-star.

Discuss.

Twitchy
07-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Which is all the proof you need that being labelled an all star is silly.

TO Rapz
07-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Which is all the proof you need that being labelled an all star is silly.

Yeah, but an all-star is an all-star. I disagree with so many of their picks...but still. Its worth discussing this deal.

fatkev78
07-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Check out their WAR's.

I'd rather have the guy who pitches about 150 more innings than the other guy.

TO Rapz
07-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Check out their WAR's.

I'd rather have the guy who pitches about 150 more innings than the other guy.

Oh for sure, but with our pen issues, would you take League over Morrow right now?
I wouldnt but Im just keen to see what others think.

Manatoo
07-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Omar Infante was an allstar.

wamco
07-09-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm as objective as they come. You make that trade every day of the week if given the chance.

bomber0104
07-09-2011, 11:55 PM
yeah that was a trade you can never question even if League ends up becoming the next Mariano Rivera.. the Mariners GM will probably tell you he made a mistake right now

imagine a rotation headed by

Felix
Pineda
Morrow

with Bedard and Vargas splitting them

that would be something

if there is one guy you worry abut losing in this trade, its Chavez and he is really having a tough time in his first crack at AA. He is still 21 though and has put up 2 big years back to back (32 HRs as a 20 year old last year)

TO Rapz
07-10-2011, 12:05 AM
yeah that was a trade you can never question even if League ends up becoming the next Mariano Rivera.. the Mariners GM will probably tell you he made a mistake right now

imagine a rotation headed by

Felix
Pineda
Morrow

with Bedard and Vargas splitting them

that would be something

if there is one guy you worry abut losing in this trade, its Chavez and he is really having a tough time in his first crack at AA. He is still 21 though and has put up 2 big years back to back (32 HRs as a 20 year old last year)

Fair enough. Hows Wallace doing in Houston btw?

Rogi10
07-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Fair enough. Hows Wallace doing in Houston btw?

not better than Lind, but you would want another 1b? (that is a clone of Lyle Overbay)

The Jays have enough First baseman and their all better than Wallace. Besides, Gose has more potential than Wallace, and plays a position that makes the trade a no brainer.

And Morrow > League any day of the week. Morrow is destroying league in WAR.

TO Rapz
07-10-2011, 12:21 AM
not better than Lind, but you would want another 1b? (that is a clone of Lyle Overbay)
The Jays have enough First baseman and their all better than Wallace. Besides, Gose has more potential than Wallace, and plays a position that makes the trade a no brainer.

no :confused:

i just wanted to know how he's doing..

craigerlee
07-10-2011, 12:27 AM
I really think Brandon League is overrated. I think he's slightly better than he was when he pitched here. However I really do think he's benefitting from Safeco field, a better defense and a weaker hitting division.

Manatoo
07-10-2011, 12:30 AM
no :confused:

i just wanted to know how he's doing..

.286/.367/.407 with 72 SO and a .372 BABIP.

With below average defense at 1B.

That OBP is nice bat man that SLG is just brutal...

lmallia
07-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Brandon League pitches in Safeco, just saying..

Billyen
07-10-2011, 12:48 AM
He had a SHOCKING May. They almost released him. Still you get more innings from a starter. Morrows better.

Havok24
07-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Not sure if this thread is serious? Brandon League gets into the Allstar game because each team needs a representative. He also has the shiny saves to his credit. A starting pitcher like Morrow with his stuff is way more valuable than a relief pitcher who posses great stuff.

Pride
07-10-2011, 01:07 AM
As others have said, you make that trade every time its offered to you. RP isn't nearly as hard to get as good SP.

Luca68
07-10-2011, 01:25 AM
^ not to mention that brandon morrow when he is on has some dirty stuff.

JaysFan87
07-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Oh for sure, but with our pen issues, would you take League over Morrow right now?
I wouldnt but Im just keen to see what others think.

Any day of the week and twice on sunday.

King Rick
07-10-2011, 01:45 AM
I'll still take Morrow any time. I'll take a guy who has the potential to go 7+ innings with 10 K's every 5 days over most relievers. Unless they're named Mariano Rivera.

wamco
07-10-2011, 08:11 AM

-Well that's an exaggeration.

town123
07-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Watching Morrow pitch is actually fun. Maybe something akin to enjoying Jose at the plate.

Watching League toss for the Jays was not fun. Kinda of like going to a car race for the inevitable accident.

es0terik
07-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I don't understand the negative comments about Morrow. He's a sick pitcher and he's doing good. Wins and losses don't exactly declare who's the best pitcher, given that it heavily depends on your offensive production.

TO Rapz
07-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Not sure if this thread is serious? Brandon League gets into the Allstar game because each team needs a representative. He also has the shiny saves to his credit. A starting pitcher like Morrow with his stuff is way more valuable than a relief pitcher who posses great stuff.

I would take the trade again a million times, i just wanted to see what others think..