PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless rants about Lebron again.

dnewguy
07-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Via (RealSkipBayless) twitter

Thanks to all of you who watched our Decision Revisited special. Fascinating too look back at the fallout and ahead to the Heat future

Always amusing to hear I was "too hard" and "too easy" on LeBron. No, I've ALWAYS SAID he's NBA's most talented player. But no clutch gene

No way I'd trade LeBron for DHoward, who has too much LeBron in him. Also disappears big games. LeBron more valuable, better Robin for DWade

On Decision night LeBron tried to act cool and cold-shoulder Cleveland b/c it was humiliating to admit so publicly he couldn't be The Man.

If DWade quits deferring so much to LeBron late in games, and Haslem and MMiller stay healthy, Heat can win 2 championships. Up to DWade

Skip Bayless is making a successful career out of bashing Lebron. He just can't stop himself.

Sixerlover
07-08-2011, 03:53 PM
People who have any knowledge of basketball just shrug off skip. People who hate Lebron almost as much as he does, agree with his every word. It's just Skip

ManRam
07-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Who the **** cares?

Skip just says stupid/brash stuff so people like you/us talk about him.

kozelkid
07-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Honestly, I don't even think he believes half of what he says. He's a typical contrarian who gets views and publicity this way.

210Don
07-08-2011, 03:55 PM
love skip. great entertainer

mark1125
07-08-2011, 03:56 PM
As much as a chump as Skip Bayless is, he does make some not-far-off statements. Until LeBron proves him wrong, there is SOME validity to his comments.

cmellofan15
07-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Skip is hardly an NBA Analyst.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-08-2011, 04:02 PM
haha good stuff

D Roses Bulls
07-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I dont agree with skip on the dwight howard for lebron thing. I think wade and howard would be a newer version of a shaq/kobe, of course not as good as them, but the closest thing since then. not saying with lebron they wont win championships, cause lets face it, in the next 6 years they will win a couple at least.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Lol.

Ray_R
07-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Still think Collin is a bigger douche.

Hawkeye15
07-08-2011, 04:21 PM
just another person living vicariously through the failures of LeBron. Get in the line with the rest of the pathetics Skip...

Its a long one

LOOTERX9
07-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Skip is a tool, but Lebron keeps making Skip look right. So as crazy as skip sounds, he is not far from the truth. Hell I think skip is dead on point bout lebron in this case to be honest

Tony_Starks
07-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Did you guys actually read what he wrote? Hows that bashing when it was all true? He is better as Wades sidekick, I wouldn't trade him for Howard either, and he said they will get at least 2 rings...... where's the bashing?

Also if you watched the program today he was very on point with everything he said. He said he didn't even have a problem with the "celebration" because as far as he's concerned it was strictly for Miami fans. The panel was actually saying he went to easy on Lebron today. He didn't even bash him for making fun of Dirk because he said Wade was really the instigator.......

8kobe24
07-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Truth be told, everything he said was pretty much on point. But I don't get the whole "revisiting" the "decision", I mean that's over and done with. Lebron choked, Lebron got no clutch gene blah blah blah, tell us something we don't know. It's just getting old.

CHANGO
07-08-2011, 04:38 PM
LOL... What's worse is that some people think that he is right. :facepalm:

BigBlueCrew
07-08-2011, 04:40 PM

Skip Bayless is making a successful career out of bashing Lebron. He just can't stop himself.

Of course he's making a successful career out of it, cuz people like you rehash his material.

I watch First Take every day, but even I didn't turn on the TV today, how much Lebron nonsense can one person stand.

Evolution23
07-08-2011, 04:41 PM
This. Enough with the hate already. Its just not good for your health.

Tony_Starks
07-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Wow. Are heat fans seriously this sensitive?

lakerboy
07-08-2011, 05:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Lebron sucks.

I can still remember the 15pt come back in the fourth quarter in game 2. Good times. Lebron and the Heat choked in front of everybody's eyes, all after guaranteeing 8 championships.

marj987
07-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Wow. Are heat fans seriously this sensitive?

This......Is so true....Relax.....If it's that serious you Heat fans outta just ignore it now..........Just pay no attention to it....But true people need to give up the LeBron hate like seriously.

cbreezy34
07-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Am I missing something here???? What on his Twitter was false. You know it's funny.. im in the minority when it comes to actually liking Skip and agreeing with a lot of what he says but the Lebron thing was the one thing I always thought he was wrong about. Well the last year proved he was dead on about everything.

John Walls Era
07-08-2011, 05:22 PM
At least hes funny to watch. Hes about 10% right most of the time.

Tony_Starks
07-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Quote:
If DWade quits deferring so much to LeBron late in games, and Haslem and MMiller stay healthy, Heat can win 2 championships. Up to DWade

Yeah this Skip guy is a hate monger. Anyone that watched the finals knows Lebron should have the ball late in games......

LongWayFromHome
07-08-2011, 05:32 PM

this

Sadds The Gr8
07-08-2011, 05:43 PM
skip is right.

MagicBucsSox
07-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Lololol what big games did Dwight not show up? He's a one man band and UNLIKE BRON he doesn't have the ball 24/7 nor does his Pg get it to him

shizzle09
07-08-2011, 06:04 PM
I dont agree with skip on the dwight howard for lebron thing. I think wade and howard would be a newer version of a shaq/kobe, of course not as good as them, but the closest thing since then. not saying with lebron they wont win championships, cause lets face it, in the next 6 years they will win a couple at least.

love how you dedicate both your sig pics to take shots at the heat. Still bitter? hilarious.

GiantsSwaGG
07-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Skip is right...He's never wrong about Lebron

CHANGO
07-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:

Yeah this Skip guy is a hate monger. Anyone that watched the finals knows Lebron should have the ball late in games......

Yep... Also the Second Round and the Conference Finals... :)

Hiphopopotamus
07-08-2011, 10:14 PM

truth.

As far Skip he is generally a douche. He hates Derrick Rose, also. I mean he just says whatever. But his tweets here aren't so off. I mean IMO the Heat would be better with Wade leading the charge more.

zn23
07-08-2011, 10:39 PM

yup and he's going to continue you because butt hurt LeBron fans like yourself are going to keep tuning in to see what he has to say.

Clearly this hurts you , if your checking out his twitter..

guess what?? HE WONT STOP. get over it.

NYtilIdie
07-08-2011, 10:53 PM
This is the same guy that has Carmelo in his top 5 over Lebron because of his 42 pt. game against Boston in the playoffs. Then went on to bash Lebron over a couple of games he lost for the Heat, but completely ignored his great ECF series or pointed out the games he lost.

He bashed Lebron for losing, but must have short term memory because Melo lost that 42 pt game.

nickdymez
07-08-2011, 11:30 PM
People who have any knowledge of basketball just shrug off skip. People who hate Lebron almost as much as he does, agree with his every word. It's just Skip

So what he's saying is wrong?? Am i missing something?? Why is it when someone speaks the truth about Lebron he's a hater? But when they **** ride Lebron they are "witnessing"? Get the hell outta here.... Everything he said was true except the D-howard thing....

John Walls Era
07-09-2011, 12:57 AM
He has repeatedly said Lebron is the most talented player in the league. Skip Bayless actually is hilarious and if he wasn't like this, no one would watch him. Hes biased, but he has some knowledge.

showtym24
07-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Truth be told, everything he said was pretty much on point. But I don't get the whole "revisiting" the "decision", I mean that's over and done with. Lebron choked, Lebron got no clutch gene blah blah blah, tell us something we don't know. It's just getting old.

Very

naps
07-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Who's worse? Charles Barkley or Skip Bayless?

The only thing I like about him is he truly values Wade. Wade needs to be less deferring to LeBron next season and take over the control of the ball more. LeBron should be spending more time in the gym playing off the ball.

Mrphilly
07-09-2011, 03:36 AM
So what he's saying is wrong?? Am i missing something?? Why is it when someone speaks the truth about Lebron he's a hater? But when they **** ride Lebron they are "witnessing"? Get the hell outta here.... Everything he said was true except the D-howard thing....

Why is it when someone is hating, someone refers to it as truth. He OPINION is not truth. I cant even call it an Opinion, because that is not how he feels. He just likes to say negative things to get small minded people excited.

You really must have missed something if you think Skip speaks any truth.

smith&wesson
07-09-2011, 04:06 AM
bet you anything this guy sleaps in lebron james pj's

MTar786
07-09-2011, 05:42 AM
lebron took his talents to south beach and left his hairline in cleveland

MTar786
07-09-2011, 05:47 AM
skip bayless was walking in south beach once and he saw lebron so he reached to shake his hand. Out of the blue a ref popped out of the trash can and called a foul on him.

he's hated lebron ever since

Tanakid777
07-09-2011, 05:53 AM
Did you guys actually read what he wrote? Hows that bashing when it was all true? He is better as Wades sidekick, I wouldn't trade him for Howard either, and he said they will get at least 2 rings...... where's the bashing?

Also if you watched the program today he was very on point with everything he said. He said he didn't even have a problem with the "celebration" because as far as he's concerned it was strictly for Miami fans. The panel was actually saying he went to easy on Lebron today. He didn't even bash him for making fun of Dirk because he said Wade was really the instigator.......

-gasp- Level headed objectivity?!? Shame on you sir

3ballbomber
07-09-2011, 07:53 AM
if dwade quits deferring so much to lebron late in games, and haslem and mmiller stay healthy, heat can win 2 championships. Up to dwade
this!

Azzacadabra
07-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Skip has the job that most of you envy for. Again ratings, ratings, ratings I find him entertaining. Skip gets under the skin of a lot of fans, it's his job and he does it well.

3ballbomber
07-09-2011, 08:48 AM
this.

tr3ymill3r
07-09-2011, 09:37 AM
I agree to often enough Skip doesn't give LeBron enough credit. However if we are all going to crown him as the best in the league he needs to be held to higher standards and different standards than Moochie Norris. Think of how much scrutiny Peyton Manning was under before he could win the big game. I don't think many people are completely mad at LeBron for going to Miami, because with hindsight being 20/20, they didn't win year one. A majority of fans are disappointed with the way LeBron handled everything. Imagine your favorite player of all time playing for your home town team, and then leaving with little remorse and the next night you see him boasting with his new buddies. Had LeBron shown up to the finals, Skip wouldn't be ragging on him anymore. During the Bulls and Celtics series when he closed, Skip praised him and thought he turned the corner. People hate Skip because they have their head stuffed up LeBron's ***, those who listen impartially understand that Skip isn't saying anything that isn't true. LeBron is the best player in the league who disappears in big situations. LeBron had to go to Miami because he couldn't do it alone and needs Wade and Bosh, he said that himself during "The Decision." Therefore the HATERS are the ones hating on a guy for speaking the truth, and they just don't want to hear it. This isn't 3rd grade anymore PSD posters, grow up.

JJ_JKidd
07-09-2011, 09:41 AM
The truth hurts (for LBJ).

sventhedog
07-09-2011, 09:49 AM

i agree. some people doesn't read. they see skip bayless' name and they jump out and say he's bashing lebron. lol.

same thing when people see lebron's name, they jump out and see someone choking.

SteBO
07-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Skip Bayless can definitely be funny at times, and I agree that Dwyane Wade defers too much to LeBron at times. Wade had the better matchup in the Finals, and he still went to LeBron alot in the 4th quarter of games. That isn't smart basketball, but is Skip really just going to throw the ECF and Semi Finals series' out the window just because of his Finals performance? Granted he chose the worst time to dissappear, but c'mon. Also, as far as trading LeBron for Howard, I would definitely entertain that idea, but LeBron is still the best current player in the NBA.

Kenny Powders
07-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Skip Bayless can definitely be funny at times, and I agree that Dwyane Wade defers too much to LeBron at times. Wade had the better matchup in the Finals, and he still went to LeBron alot in the 4th quarter of games. That isn't smart basketball, but is Skip really just going to throw the ECF and Semi Finals series' out the window just because of his Finals performance? Granted he chose the worst time to dissappear, but c'mon. Also, as far as trading LeBron for Howard, I would definitely entertain that idea, but LeBron is still the best current player in the NBA.

He is the best current player, but could you imagine the Heat with three top notch players at three different positions. They would be unstoppable. Even I know that and I don't know much about basketball. I wonder how pissed Lebron would be if that actually went through.

SteBO
07-09-2011, 11:05 AM
He is the best current player, but could you imagine the Heat with three top notch players at three different positions. They would be unstoppable. Even I know that and I don't know much about basketball. I wonder how pissed Lebron would be if that actually went through.
Yeah, as I said, I'd definitely entertain that idea, because Howard is a rare entity in the league today(the best center in the NBA). Not to mention having a Chris Bosh along side him, and great perimeter scorer in Dwyane Wade. That's a more well balanced unit and the floor would be more spread for Wade to operate. It's a tough decision, but if that did go down, I'd be more than happy with it. Dwight Howard is a guy that any team would die trying to get on their team. LeBron would definitely be pissed if that happened. No question.

sjoerdje
07-09-2011, 11:48 AM
who the **** is skip bayless?

fadedmario
07-09-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm cool with Skip - I enjoy listening to him rant. I do think it would be funny if he got punched by someone though.

AddiX
07-09-2011, 04:11 PM

You kind of have to throw out the ecf and semi out the window, because that was the all time worst performance in the finals by a NBA superstar.

It really was that bad. Then guy completely crumbled, and the team crumbled around him. Making a bunch of 3 pointers in the semi finals, that everyone knows he never makes consistently doesn't change that.

nickdymez
07-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Why is it when someone is hating, someone refers to it as truth. He OPINION is not truth. I cant even call it an Opinion, because that is not how he feels. He just likes to say negative things to get small minded people excited.

You really must have missed something if you think Skip speaks any truth.

Point out one "lie" he said....

Telios9
07-09-2011, 07:25 PM
I agree with everything he pretty much said there

_KB24_
07-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Yeah, as I said, I'd definitely entertain that idea, because Howard is a rare entity in the league today(the best center in the NBA). Not to mention having a Chris Bosh along side him, and great perimeter scorer in Dwyane Wade. That's a more well balanced unit and the floor would be more spread for Wade to operate. It's a tough decision, but if that did go down, I'd be more than happy with it. Dwight Howard is a guy that any team would die trying to get on their team. LeBron would definitely be pissed if that happened. No question.

Does Bron have a no-trade clause?

THE_FLASH_21
07-09-2011, 07:55 PM
love skip. great entertainer

Thats all he is and nothing else. he is funny sometimes.. but . I ****en hate the guy!! But i hate Lebron as well. Stuff he says is mostly accurate, but man every damn day its something about Lebron.

That show (1st Take) sucks balls!!!!!! All they tall about are..

1.Lebron
2.Heat
3.NY Yankees
4.Tiger Wood
5.Compare Lebron to Jordan
6.Red Sox
7.Cowboys

This show is soooo ****en lame... Have nothing against anybody's team but same **** over and over.... ((((Horrible SHOW))))

Jay Crawford is a dumbass clue less person and the big butch ,MEGA ***** co anchor lady forgot her name, make this show one of the worst. i know im not alone on this!!

SteBO
07-09-2011, 08:21 PM
You kind of have to throw out the ecf and semi out the window, because that was the all time worst performance in the finals by a NBA superstar.

It really was that bad. Then guy completely crumbled, and the team crumbled around him. Making a bunch of 3 pointers in the semi finals, that everyone knows he never makes consistently doesn't change that.
That's fair to an extent. He was bad in the Finals, but you can't just simply throw out ECF and Semi finals, because without it, the Heat would've lost to Boston in the second round. :shrug:

It's fair to criticize LeBron's Finals performance, but you can't just forget what he did to get the Heat there in the first place.

Avenged
07-09-2011, 08:29 PM
It was funny at first... but now it seems like he is trying too hard. We get it already, get some new material.

CowboysKB24
07-09-2011, 09:02 PM

Not true. He is consistent with his word. He says it how it is and hates on a lot of people. Skip says LBJ has the talent in the world. But does not have, or at least has not shown, he has the intangibles. How is that not true?

dodie53
07-10-2011, 12:21 PM
oh ok

Dankster
07-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Nothing really wrong with anything he said...He wouldn't trade LBJ for Dwight straight up which sounds reasonable, he said LBJ is the most talented player in the league, and the sidekick comment is probably his way in saying the scoring must come primarily from Wade during the clutch moments which also sounds feasible for the most part.

Kenny
07-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Thats all he is and nothing else. he is funny sometimes.. but . I ****en hate the guy!! But i hate Lebron as well. Stuff he says is mostly accurate, but man every damn day its something about Lebron.

That show (1st Take) sucks balls!!!!!! All they tall about are..

1.Lebron
2.Heat
3.NY Yankees
4.Tiger Wood
5.Compare Lebron to Jordan
6.Red Sox
7.Cowboys

This show is soooo ****en lame... Have nothing against anybody's team but same **** over and over.... ((((Horrible SHOW))))

Jay Crawford is a dumbass clue less person and the big butch ,MEGA ***** co anchor lady forgot her name, make this show one of the worst. i know im not alone on this!!

This post is spot on. They go over the same crap everyday.

LA_Raiders
07-10-2011, 04:55 PM
100% agree

Astronaut
07-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Why is this in the NBA section..

Nobody cares, Cavs fans had to deal with this for 7 years.
Man up Heat Fans, your boy is playing for millions of dollars. Haters gon' hate.

ldawg
07-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Skip is 85% correct but i would trade Lebron for Howard in the rest 15%. Howard and a pg is a better Heat team. I still think Wade and Lebron don't play well together.

knicks4life33
07-10-2011, 09:13 PM
YOU GUYS WANNA SEE FUNNY WATCH THIS VIDEO on lebron http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_LUnTQHV4c

3ballbomber
07-10-2011, 10:43 PM
skip is 85% correct but i would trade lebron for howard in the rest 15%. Howard and a pg is a better heat team. I still think wade and lebron don't play well together.
this is truth!

chong2204
07-10-2011, 11:17 PM
This is all crazy...All this for a Lebron, all this talk is making him even bigger..Hating or not, we are making this dude bigger than Jordan...And its our fault...

chong2204
07-10-2011, 11:20 PM
lebron took his talents to south beach and left his hairline in cleveland

This is Golden...This is the funniest joke or hating I have ever seen about lebron...:rock:

Raph12
07-11-2011, 02:01 AM
Since you felt this was thread-worthy, he's obviously doing his job well...

Korman12
07-11-2011, 02:22 AM

It begins and ends with this.

hgtiger32
07-11-2011, 02:25 AM
i watch first and 10 everyday. great show, very entertaining, etc. skip goes overboard on lebron sometimes but most of the time the points he makes are dead on.

wjmoffatt
07-11-2011, 02:45 AM
I don't understand what is so wrong about what Skip is saying and has been saying for a while now! I've said the same thing ever since the guy has been playing in the post season. His gotten undue credit before he stepped onto the court. Is he the best basketball player as of last season, sure, no denying it. But does he ever show up on the biggest stage with the game on the line? The answer to that we all know, even Lebron lovers is NO! The man has made only TWO BUZZER BEATERS in his entire career, that's counting regular season and postseason; not shots with six seconds left to go ahead or 12 second, I'm talking as the buzzer sounds! Kobe has made that many in one game in the post season alone (Check the LA vs Phoenix series). And until he does that, Lebron deserves to be bashed because he and many other walk around with a sense of self entitlement that they have not yet reached or deserved. Do you get tired of Rex Ryan saying their going to win the Super Bowl the past two seasons? Well that's practically the same thing.

ne3xchamps
07-11-2011, 09:39 AM
I don't think its bashing lebron at all. Alot of it is true. Although skip is just being skip, but its not like he is pulling all of this out of his ***. Lebron has brought ALL this and more upon himself, he has to suck it up all summer.

TO to the CHI
07-11-2011, 09:53 AM

This. I totally agree. If you actually read Skip's statements, they really aren't inflammatory here. I know that statistically Lebron is very good in the clutch, but it does not seem out of line for Skip to criticize a guy who he acknowledges is incredible for not winning (and he managed to do it without pointing out in any specifics that Lebron bailed entirely in the NBA Finals).

Sad that the Heat sycophants and Lebron lovers in this thread view any comment about Lebron that is not flowery as being hating or bashing or idiotic.

jrm2054
07-11-2011, 10:00 AM
I hate skip but what he said about Lebron is true

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Skip is a freaking attention whore lol.