PDA

View Full Version : This fall ill be taking my talents down to south beach!! 1 year anniversary

knicks4life33
07-08-2011, 12:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTeCc8jy7FI
ITS BEEN A YEAR SINCE THE FAMOUS '' DECISION'' . DID LEBRON MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE TO JOIN THE HEAT . MANY WILL SAY YES HE MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE GOING TO THE HEAT AND THEY MADE THE FINALS AND WERE 2 GAMES AWAY FROM WINING THE CHAMPIONSHIP. I AGREE BUT I THINK IF HE HAD WENT TO THE BULLS THEY WOULD OF BEEN CHAMPIONS. LEBRON HAD OPTIONS. SO THE KIA HALFTIME QUESTION OF THE DAY . WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE SEEN LEBRON SIGNED WITH?

MiamiWadeCounty
07-08-2011, 12:48 AM
He made the right choice. Last year was the closest he had ever been to a championship and if there is a season next year he will have another great chance.

Kashmir13579
07-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the update.

DodgerBulls
07-08-2011, 12:50 AM
It was actually a great season and post season based on his decision. They didn't win it, but at least he got into the series.

NetsPaint
07-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Yesterday was fifteen years since Hogan joined the nWo.

adidas2307
07-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Man, that year flew by. :sigh:

knicks4life33
07-08-2011, 12:57 AM
i still remeber last year the amount of activity in these threads after that announcment

kidfury
07-08-2011, 01:09 AM
I didn't really care where he signed but if the title of the thread was intended to be where his best chance at a title was, i'd say chicago.

hgtiger32
07-08-2011, 01:18 AM
why are the Hawks an option? i've never heard lebron mentioned as possibly going to Atlanta

210Don
07-08-2011, 01:22 AM
cavs...
i was just watching game 5 of piston cavs a few years back when lj took over...
we where robbed of many more moments like that. f u lebron

Rndy
07-08-2011, 01:33 AM
I still think it was the Bulls Derrick Rose and all the front court talent.

RipCity32
07-08-2011, 01:56 AM
cavs...
i was just watching game 5 of piston cavs a few years back when lj took over...
we where robbed of many more moments like that. f u lebron

No need to go there I'm still not over that quarter:facepalm:

iggypop123
07-08-2011, 02:28 AM
i thought it would have been fun if he went to ny. i thought lebron would have said "ok wade you got bosh, ok i got amare, ill see you in the east finals the rest of the decade"

Sadds The Gr8
07-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Raptors.

asandhu23
07-08-2011, 02:39 AM
this thread is beating the man who is the beating the horse in this :horse:

marlinsfan24
07-08-2011, 02:46 AM
His team this season was just 2 games away from winning the championship. Closest he's been in his career. I think he'll be sleeping well with this decision. Anything else is all a "what if" scenario.

JNA17
07-08-2011, 02:46 AM
Bulls. You would be lieing to yourself if you don't think that team would really win 7+ titles. If the Bulls had that party like the Heat did and when Lebron guaranteed not one, two, three, etc. You would actually take him seriously.

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Loul Deng
SF: Lebron James
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Jamkim Noah

The team is balanced perfectly with the defense along with star power and the right role players. If Lebron actually cared about winning more then hanging out with his friend Wade, he would have went to the Bulls. Simple.

marlinsfan24
07-08-2011, 02:51 AM
Bulls. You would be lieing to yourself if you don't think that team would really win 7+ titles. If the Bulls had that party like the Heat did and when Lebron guaranteed not one, two, three, etc. You would actually take him seriously.

The team is balanced perfectly with the defense along with star power and the right role players. If Lebron actually cared about winning more then hanging out with his friend Wade, he would have went to the Bulls. Simple.

Seriously?

Cubby
07-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Seriously?

I agree with him that the Bulls were the best choice (just my guess). Although, the Heat wasn't a bad decision to make.

marlinsfan24
07-08-2011, 02:58 AM
I agree with him that the Bulls were the best choice (just my guess). Although, the Heat wasn't a bad decision to make.

Yeah I can agree with both of you on that. But I don't get how he can make a jump to saying that Lebron's priority isn't winning. If it wasn't, wouldn't he have stayed in Cleveland and had the entire NBA on his side?

NYKnicksAllDay
07-08-2011, 03:06 AM
This is a troll fest waiting to happen. I don't even care about him leaving anymore.

marj987
07-08-2011, 03:16 AM

:eyebrow:....Honestly, I really don't see that...I would prefer Luol come off the bench and spark them.....Did the Bulls even have a solid sixth man in the past season?

FriedTofuz
07-08-2011, 03:19 AM
He should have signed overseas, he would have won a championship.

marj987
07-08-2011, 03:21 AM
This is a troll fest waiting to happen. I don't even care about him leaving anymore.

This.

By sunrise Bulls and Heat fans are going to be all over this one.

And heck even the Cavs fans may come outta hiding.......Are their even any Cavs fan's on PSD?......Oh wait.....I forgot....They took their "support" to south beach.....:facepalm:

Cubby
07-08-2011, 06:01 AM
Yeah I can agree with both of you on that. But I don't get how he can make a jump to saying that Lebron's priority isn't winning. If it wasn't, wouldn't he have stayed in Cleveland and had the entire NBA on his side?

Agreed. His priority was and is winning, no doubt.

Cubby
07-08-2011, 06:03 AM
:eyebrow:....Honestly, I really don't see that...I would prefer Luol come off the bench and spark them.....Did the Bulls even have a solid sixth man in the past season?

Unfortunately we did not have an offensive threat off the bench. Most Bulls fans are hoping someone like JR Smith can be exactly that. What you have to remember is that we came so close with only one creator who wasn't playing at the top of his game during the playoffs. Hopefully thongs are better in the next season.

J-Relo
07-08-2011, 06:14 AM
He made the right choice. Last year was the closest he had ever been to a championship and if there is a season next year he will have another great chance.

This.

Also how much did that "boys and girls club" get?..

Daze9900
07-08-2011, 06:31 AM
All the people who bash cleveland's talent do realise he took them to an NBA finals. He is the best player in the NBA. I think that realistically he could have dramatically upgraded any team and increased their chances of going to the finals. I was upset that he didn't go to my hometown Knicks but really I thought if he went to Chicago or even L.A. they would be great fits for him.

Knicks21
07-08-2011, 07:19 AM

Please explain to me the cap situation for this one.

metsbulls1025
07-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Please explain to me the cap situation for this one.

It would have worked. We just wouldn't have had a bench. We cleared enough for 2.

Venomous88
07-08-2011, 07:40 AM

The team is balanced perfectly with the defense along with star power and the right role players. If Lebron actually cared about winning more then hanging out with his friend Wade, he would have went to the Bulls. Simple.Lol really? LeBron made his decision last off-season, not this off-season. Last I remember, a ball dominating, developing Rose was averaging 21 points on a mediocre team with a lack of other scoring options. Boozer also wasn't signed to the Bulls until Bosh already announced his intent to sign with Miami and James already made his decision by then. Bosh was also held as the best big men of the FA class averaging 24/11 on the Raptors.

So what would you do? Go play with your bestfriend and top 5 player of the league who has already won a champion along a the better big men and trust the 5x champion Riley to surround you with a decent cast which included Miller, who came off his best shooting season of his career, and a great 6th man of Haslem to come off the bench. Or would you go to Chicago where little to no one didn't expect them to have the breakout season they did?

SteBO
07-08-2011, 08:46 AM
I think LeBron made the bast choice. As far as competition, though we still have that now, I kinda agree with a poster that said New York. Wade/Bosh vs. LeBron/Amare would've been quite a joy to watch personally. If he didn't choose us, I would've rather him stay in CLE or go to NY.

GoPacers33
07-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Imagine Lebron on the clippers. Oooohh. Starting lineup

Bledsoe
Gordon
James
Griffin
Jordan

This would of been his best lonnnnnnnnggggggg term option

mttwlsn16
07-08-2011, 08:49 AM
whocares hes still gay

Raidaz4Life
07-08-2011, 08:49 AM
I always wanted to see him going to the Knicks. They could have had a really good team.

mttwlsn16
07-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Imagine Lebron on the clippers. Oooohh. Starting lineup

Bledsoe
Gordon
James
Griffin
Jordan

This would of been his best lonnnnnnnnggggggg term option

+1, hence why hes a ******

3ballbomber
07-08-2011, 09:45 AM
I always thought, what ever team he decided to sign with would be a team plagued with the baggage that comes with the man......and, well.........those 4th qrt disappearing acts was one heavy load of baggage, along with the ego & immaturity.

I predicted Miami would not win a championship last season. I also predict they will not win it again in their 2nd season. And will be interesting if they ever do win at least even 1 title together.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-08-2011, 09:46 AM
I guess you can say going to the Heat was the best choice. He did make the finals. But whose to say if he went to the Knicks or the Bulls he wouldnt have gotten there. He's the best in the league, wherever he decided to go probably would have ended up being a couple players short of a championship winning squad.

He made his decision and all we can do is continue to hope he loses.

ManRam
07-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Us sitting here and second guessing his decision after a season is dumb. He did what he wanted. He went where he wanted to. He went where he'd be most happy. The team made the Finals, and could have won. Hard to have much better of a season. He's already had more team success than he ever did in Cleveland...

Deception
07-08-2011, 12:10 PM
whocares hes still gay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D_XLCmY0D8

sep11ie
07-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Like I said before.

You people are no longer beating a dead horse, you are mashing the thing into a dead horse mush.

sep11ie
07-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Us sitting here and second guessing his decision after a season is dumb. He did what he wanted. He went where he wanted to. He went where he'd be most happy. The team made the Finals, and could have won. Hard to have much better of a season. He's already had more team success than he ever did in Cleveland...

Yea, I wonder why...

OC Knights #11
07-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Yesterday was fifteen years since Hogan joined the nWo.

:clap::clap: Lebron who?

godolphins
07-08-2011, 12:28 PM
This.

Also how much did that "boys and girls club" get?..
$2 Million

The simple choice was to sign with the Heat if he cared about winning and that's what he did. If he didn't care about winning he would of stayed in Cleveland or go to the big apple and get all the media attention.

Hawkize31
07-08-2011, 12:45 PM

Maybe Joakim Noah should have been a little smarter in previous series vs Lebron. He kind of ran his mouth a lot and it sure seems like James doesn't like Noah.

As for analyzing the decision, they were 2 games away from a championship. Pretty good showing. Next year they are under a lot of pressure to win a title though.

cheetos185
07-08-2011, 12:47 PM
is this thread about steve carell's decision :D

knicks4life33
07-08-2011, 06:12 PM
haha that was a hilarious skit

sixer04fan
07-08-2011, 06:29 PM
The Hawks?

Tony_Starks
07-08-2011, 07:28 PM
That decision got him to the finals, no?

Go back to your same life with the same problems...........

theheatles
07-08-2011, 07:54 PM
if you voted for a team other than the heat or cavs and you talked **** about lebron throughout the season, you should rethink your life:laugh: (specifically bulls fans)

dtmagnet
07-08-2011, 08:21 PM
If he went to Chicago he would be an NBA champion right now, but I wanted him to sign back with Cleveland.

JordansBulls
07-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Cavs, Bulls and Knicks.

Tony_Starks
07-08-2011, 08:37 PM
If he went to Chicago he would be an NBA champion right now, but I wanted him to sign back with Cleveland.

On paper him with ChiTown looks good but in the end I think he would've totally screwed their chemistry up. His top of the three point line dribble antics are momentum killers and Chicago seemed pretty good at moving the ball for the most part.

If you look at Miami they really had no chemistry to speak of but were able to accomplish what they did purely off the strength of the big 3 and everyone else just playing their role. But I don't think him and Rose taking turns going one on one would've cut it.....

joepfarley
07-08-2011, 08:52 PM
He should of stayed in Cleveland, It was his team And Mike Brown is a good coach too.
If he would have stayed in Cleveland, I'm pretty damn sure he would have won there eventually. sooner than later.

Imagine if Boozer stayed in Cleveland with Lebron

THE MTL
07-08-2011, 09:05 PM
He made the right decision.

Ppl keep saying the Bulls, but Rose is NOT better than Dwade and also Bron/Rose combo still have the same weaknesses of the combo of Bron/Wade. Also you have to realize that Lebron would have stunted DRose vast growth this year.

Bosh is better than Boozer, so that leaves Noah as the only true difference.

You also can scratch off all the free agents that came after Boozer for the Bulls as well (like Watson, Korver, Brewer).

My Knicks were a depleted team so Im not arguing with his decision there.

And the Cavs were not going to win anytime soon. The team was regressing

blastmasta26
07-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Heat was the right choice, he probably could have had as much success with Chicago as well however.

At the time and in retrospect, I wish he had gone to the Knicks. Obviously I'm a Knick fan so there's bias, but for basketball as a whole it would have been very exciting. The Knicks, Heat, and Bulls would all be around the same talent level and really match up well. Also, LeBron would have been forced to be the man just like he was in Cleveland, which to me, is the best use of his talents. LeBron was dominant in the playoffs with Miami, yes, but in the Finals he faltered because of passiveness. With the Knicks, I think he would've elevated his game in the Finals as well, since he would only have Amar'e to fall back on instead of two stars.

This is why I initially criticized LeBron's choice of Miami, but I soon realized it was foolish to knock someone who had taken less money, didn't simply opt for a big market, and decided to forsake statistical domination for the purpose of winning a championship. It is probably inevitable that Miami will win a title or few with this core, so that makes it the right decision for him. But I personally would have preferred to see him go to New York.

juno10
07-08-2011, 10:48 PM

true but no one knew rose was going to be this good right

Cubby
07-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Maybe Joakim Noah should have been a little smarter in previous series vs Lebron. He kind of ran his mouth a lot and it sure seems like James doesn't like Noah.

As for analyzing the decision, they were 2 games away from a championship. Pretty good showing. Next year they are under a lot of pressure to win a title though.

I'm sure if LeBron cared about winning (I think he does) while in Chicago, I'm sure if he was an adult he wouldn't let a little rivalry with Noah get in the way. But sometimes he doesn't act like an adult so I don't know. I also said the Heat was a good decision, but in my opinion, not the best. The Bulls with him are a much more complete lineup because they have talent at PG and C, unlike the Heat. Not to mention a post threat in Boozer. Oh well. It's passed.

Cubby
07-08-2011, 11:06 PM
true but no one knew rose was going to be this good right

Almost every Bulls fan knew a breakout season was coming. Of course, maybe not an MVP season, but you get my point. It was the blind haters in this forum that didn't believe it.

KB24PG16
07-08-2011, 11:17 PM
as a nba fan it would be awesome to have seen him go to the bulls

then there 5 teams with 2 superstars

bulls-lebron, rose
knicks-amare, melo
heat-bosh, wade
lakers-pau, kobe
thunder-durant, westbrook
and then all the other teams rising up and veteran teams like the spurs and boston

more parity which the nba team not super teams

Sixerlover
07-08-2011, 11:27 PM
I still think his bench chance of winning is with Miami. Remember Rose wasn't the Rose he is now until his "3rd season leap" that he had last year. Rose would've definitely been stifled a bit by Lebron and not developed into the top 5 player he is now so fast. Also in no way is Boozer on the level of Bosh. But I get that they could've made moves, changed the team etc.

I still think Miami was the right move.

xabial
07-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Knicks would have been better for his legacy, with Lebron+Amare As a No.1-2 Punch, instead of "3 super stars"

Best chance to win, Heat.

Best chance to be the "Goat", Knicks since he'd be restoring a dead but one of the leagues most historic franchises, and getting them their first championship since 73'. The load wouldnt be on him alone, he'd have amare as his wingman. This was something he was clearly not interesting in doing, as he previously stated he just wants the easiest way to win a championship. Honestly winning just one championship with the Knicks, and hed probably be the best Knick of all time. (Or an automatic top 3).

As A knick Fan i choose Knicks, since winning a championship with Amare shouldnt prove to be an "impossible" task, since Knicks shredded their roster to trade for Carmelo and still made the playoffs for the first time in 6-7 years.

tyfreaks brotha
07-08-2011, 11:38 PM
C'mon it happened geez i hate what ifs

TheRunKiller
07-08-2011, 11:42 PM
He made the right choice. Bulls are better off w/o him.

knicks4life33
07-09-2011, 12:39 AM
if you wanna die of laughter watch this video of lebron http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_LUnTQHV4c

sventhedog
07-09-2011, 01:01 AM
miami is the right choice. he just choked big time as expected. lol.

JerseysFinest
07-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Miami was the best choice for him and what he wanted.

But I'll never know if things would've been different had the Nets won the draft lottery in 2010. Had they won, they would've drafted John Wall, who will be a very, very good player one day, in combination with the guys the Nets had at the time. Combine that with his close relationship with Jay-Z, Prokhorov, Brooklyn, endorsement possibilities, globalizing his brand, would things be different? We'll never know.

nimazahir
07-09-2011, 01:22 AM
The Bulls wouldnt have been great for many reasons.

1. He wouldve stunted rose's growth
2. Him and rose wouldnt be as good as him and wade
3. They wouldnt have signed brewer, and probably had to give up deng too, maybe more.
4. Him and Noah didnt like each other

The heat, mavs, knicks, clippers, or cavs wouldve been the best option.
Heat:Can win for years and almost won this year
Mavs: Won this year and couldve won another year or 2, but then they would have to try to get someone to replace dirk as he got older
Knicks: Him and Amare wouldve been great together. Traded Curry for a guy like Chandler, and sign and traded david lee for a good pg or sg. Couldve won this year and for multiple years
Clippers:Best for the future and know wouldve been good 2
Baron Davis
Gordon
James
Griffin
Jordan, Kaman
They also couldve signed another good bench player or 2
Cavs: Wouldve had to got him a guy like cp3 or bosh for him to stay, if not he shouldve left.