PDA

View Full Version : Turkish team pursues Kobe Bryant

dnewguy
07-07-2011, 04:17 PM
We cannot give him the same money as he gets from the NBA, but if the money isn’t everything in this, and Kobe wants to play during the lockout, wants to play with Deron Williams, we can find some deal on the money, Ataman said.......Kobe is the player in Europe with the most fans, with the biggest name. I believe that Kobe is a basketball player, and I’m a basketball coach, and that this is a big club, and maybe he can come play

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_kobe_bryant_turkey_070711

I think he will be good in European Basketball, Kobe likes to shoot and European players are mostly shooters.

Your thoughts........

dnewguy
07-07-2011, 04:21 PM
I was trying to give Kobe his due as the former top NBA player and someone changed the thread header.

LTBaByyy
07-07-2011, 04:25 PM
D Will
Kobe
Who Cares
Who Cares
Zaza Pachulia

:speechless: This team is taking advantage of the lock out!!!!!

L@ker4Life
07-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Now if a local network could find a way to air those games during the lockout we would be set!

ttam68
07-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I was trying to give Kobe his due as the former top NBA player and someone changed the thread header.

That sig is utterly fantastic

Hellcrooner
07-07-2011, 04:36 PM
pity the team plays in like the 8th best league and in a team that doe snot play euroleague.

truplayer199
07-07-2011, 04:40 PM
I hope both players go. I'd also love to see more star players going elsewhere. Maybe this might bring both sides to an agreement and end this lockout. This lockout needs to end quickly.

Rivera
07-07-2011, 04:41 PM
kobe + deron williams = :drool:

i hope kobe does it just to stick a middle finger to the owners

truplayer199
07-07-2011, 04:45 PM
pity the team plays in like the 8th best league and in a team that doe snot play euroleague.

I really don't think this matters much. Either way we look at it, its a rental for any Euro team that signs Kobe.

gilly
07-07-2011, 05:01 PM
I think Kobe goes to either Barcelona or Italy, he's always said those would be the two places he'd go in Europe.

Hustlenomics
07-07-2011, 05:15 PM
kobe,d-will, and iverson on the same team?

PhillyFaninLA
07-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I don't like him on a Turkish team.

Kobe should play for Italy, he did spend a lot of time when he was growing up in Italy and I'm sure one would want him.

barreleffact
07-07-2011, 05:37 PM
kobe + deron williams = :drool:

i hope kobe does it just to stick a middle finger to the owners

2 things about this:
1- Why would Kobe say FU to the owners when he has a good one that is arguably against the lockout idea?

2- Playing in Europe for less money than the league would give even under the new CBA seems counterproductive. It adds a "you aren't my only option" thought, but is self-defeating by the fact that the other option is worse. Owners would argue that if they are comfortable with even less money, why not just pursue even more...like standing firm at the 45mil hard cap until the current proposal of a 62 mil "flex" cap seems good enough to be accepted.

shep33
07-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Arguably one of the greatest backcourt combos in history on the same team... in Europe lol.

Pretty cool idea.