PDA

View Full Version : All-time worst NBA draft

barreleffact
07-07-2011, 01:02 PM
I started looking up the 2006 draft and thought to myself, "there is no clear number one pick from this draft." I mean at best Aldrige would have been number 1, but regardless talent wise the best players are he, Roy, Rondo, Gay. None of them are game changers. Is this one of the worst drafts of all-time? What are equal and worse drafts?

A poll could be added once some candidates are nominated.

nycericanguy
07-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Aldrige, Gay, Rondo, Roy...those are some great players. 2006 was a good draft. If you want a bad draft look up the 2000 draft.

best players in 2000 were K-Mart, Jcraw, Redd, & hedo

Hawkeye15
07-07-2011, 01:05 PM

barreleffact
07-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Aldrige, Gay, Rondo, Roy...those are some great players. 2006 was a good draft. If you want a bad draft look up the 2000 draft.

best players in 2000 were K-Mart, Jcraw, Redd, & hedo

Good players. Not great. All very capable role players and potential number 2 options. Roy could have been great but injuries.

2000 was infamously bad. But those 4 players IMO are equal to the 2006 draft. Crawford is still playing and has shown some good talent. Redd was injury riddled, but rid drop more ppg than any in 06, Hedo...worst of the 8. K-mart could have actually been dominant though.

The best player from 06 is probably LMA now. Roy's career will be short. LMA will never have a 10 rpg season most likely. Rondo has played well but has always had talent around him. Gay IMO is very underrated but if that is the best talent in the draft I can't call it a good draft. None of them had Rose, Wall, Paul, D12 talent, talent to clearly establish yourself as elite.

North Yorker
07-07-2011, 01:18 PM
It's 2000 by far.

LAKERMANIA
07-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Yeah 2000 is a pretty bad one

nycericanguy
07-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Good players. Not great. All very capable role players and potential number 2 options. Roy could have been great but injuries.

2000 was infamously bad. But those 4 players IMO are equal to the 2006 draft. Crawford is still playing and has shown some good talent. Redd was injury riddled, but rid drop more ppg than any in 06, Hedo...worst of the 8. K-mart could have actually been dominant though.

The best player from 06 is probably LMA now. Roy's career will be short. LMA will never have a 10 rpg season most likely. Rondo has played well but has always had talent around him. Gay IMO is very underrated but if that is the best talent in the draft I can't call it a good draft. None of them had Rose, Wall, Paul, D12 talent, talent to clearly establish yourself as elite.

LMA is doing just fine as the #1 option in POR now. a 22ppg 9rpg big man that shoots 50% with a sweet stroke. Most teams picking at #1 in any draft would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

Rondo is a top PG in the NBA and a borderline franchise player.

Gay is a legitimate 20ppg scoring SF.

Roy was great and a top 15 NBA player until last year.

LMA >>>> K-Mart

Rondo >>>> Jcraw

Gay >>>> Redd

Roy >>>> Hedo

2000 class can't hold a candle to the 2006 class sorry. and there are more solid players from the 2006 class

Reddick
Milsap
Shannon Brown
Farmar
Thabo Selofosha
Ty THomas

i mean theres really no comparision

Hellcrooner
07-07-2011, 01:28 PM

you got kevin mchale adn kiki vandewhege.

then some sad injury/drugs derailed careers in toney and ruland.
1 solid player in d griffith.

then a bunch of role paleyrs and crap

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-07-2011, 01:37 PM
1971 draft by millllllesssssss

dnewguy
07-07-2011, 01:39 PM
2000 draft was horrible. 2011 draft is pretty bad also.

Sixerlover
07-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Since the turn of the decade 2000 easily.

Rondo, Roy, Gay, LMA of '06 is a pretty damn good 4 players. 2000 has nothing close to that.

Hellcrooner
07-07-2011, 01:41 PM
1971 draft by millllllesssssss

lol you are joking aint you?

Artis gilmore, spencer haywood, fred brown, , asutin carr, sidney wicks, all of them allstars, and some nba rings won too.

dnewguy
07-07-2011, 01:43 PM
lol you are joking aint you?

Artis gilmore, spencer haywood, fred brown, , asutin carr, sidney wicks, all of them allstars, and some nba rings won too.

who?

barreleffact
07-07-2011, 01:44 PM
LMA is doing just fine as the #1 option in POR now. a 22ppg 9rpg big man that shoots 50% with a sweet stroke. Most teams picking at #1 in any draft would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

Rondo is a top PG in the NBA and a borderline franchise player.

Gay is a legitimate 20ppg scoring SF.

Roy was great and a top 15 NBA player until last year.

LMA >>>> K-Mart

Rondo >>>> Jcraw

Gay >>>> Redd

Roy >>>> Hedo

2000 class can't hold a candle to the 2006 class sorry. and there are more solid players from the 2006 class

Reddick
Milsap
Shannon Brown
Farmar
Thabo Selofosha
Ty THomas

i mean theres really no comparision

Aside from Milsap all those lower players will forever be role players.

I'm not saying 2000 was good. I just can't say 2006 was either.
LMA gets 9 rebs as the best rebounder while playing 40 mpg. He is very good, but Blake got what his rookie year? No one in either draft is a clear stud. LMA hasn't even made an all star team.

I think you are strongly underrating what Redd used to be tho, but overall I can agree with your other comparisons. (LMA is clearly better than K-mart so I agree w that too just to clarify)

Hellcrooner
07-07-2011, 01:45 PM
who?

use some wiki and get amazed.

gilmore is getting in Hof this year, for example.

fred borwn led the sonics to a title.

nycericanguy
07-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Aside from Milsap all those lower players will forever be role players.

I'm not saying 2000 was good. I just can't say 2006 was either.
LMA gets 9 rebs as the best rebounder while playing 40 mpg. He is very good, but Blake got what his rookie year? No one in either draft is a clear stud. LMA hasn't even made an all star team.

I think you are strongly underrating what Redd used to be tho, but overall I can agree with your other comparisons. (LMA is clearly better than K-mart so I agree w that too just to clarify)

agreed, I was just pointing out that the 06 class had some good role players too.

Yea LMA isn't a great rebounder, but niether is Amare. 9rpg is not bad at all. Comparing him to Blake isn't exactly fair either, Blake looks to be a once a decade type of player.

Aside from Blake & Lebron & Howard, those types of players... most teams would GLADLY take LMA with the #1 pick in a draft over guys like Irving & Wall who have gone #1 recently.

barreleffact
07-07-2011, 02:17 PM
agreed, I was just pointing out that the 06 class had some good role players too.

Yea LMA isn't a great rebounder, but niether is Amare. 9rpg is not bad at all. Comparing him to Blake isn't exactly fair either, Blake looks to be a once a decade type of player.

Aside from Blake & Lebron & Howard, those types of players... most teams would GLADLY take LMA with the #1 pick in a draft over guys like Irving & Wall who have gone #1 recently.

IDK about that last statement. LMA is good, but wasn't he a draft day trade?

nycericanguy
07-07-2011, 02:54 PM
IDK about that last statement. LMA is good, but wasn't he a draft day trade?

lol whats the point if he was? the point is he was taken in the 2000 draft.

barreleffact
07-07-2011, 03:11 PM
The point is he wasn't seen as a game changer even after being selected at 2. His rookie stats were only 9 and 5. He is good now, but not 1 or 2 overall pick good. But we can agree to disagree in this.