PDA

View Full Version : Report: David Kahn attempting to re-assign Kurt Rambis as an assistant

The April Fool
07-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Still unable to simply fire a coach he’s determined is done with the Minnesota Timberwolves, general manager David Kahn recently proposed that Kurt Rambis accept a reassignment within the franchise’s front office, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday.

The prospects of Rambis serving out the remaining two years and $4 million on his coaching deal so closely with Kahn in the front office holds little, if any, appeal to Rambis, sources said. Rambis has little respect for Kahn’s basketball acumen, and perhaps even less of a personal affinity for him.

Kahn had believed that Rambis’ contract allowed for a reassignment, sources said, although those familiar with the agreement believe that notion would’ve been legally contested.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsFN02R78bc.csv.7l_1iSy8vLYF?slug=ys-wojnarowski_kurt_rambis_twolves_070611

How do you "fire" a guy by re-assigning him so he can be an assistant somewhere in the Front Office? Just let the guy go and pay him his salary, you're holding up his job prospects with NBA teams filling out their staffs.

TheHoopsProphet
07-07-2011, 01:00 AM
I used to think this whole anti-Kahn movement was a bit overblown. But my GOD! I was wrong! The price for Kahn's head has been raised, but who amongst us will get the paycheck! Show this man to a local cliff!

Tony_Starks
07-07-2011, 01:52 AM
This guy is making a fool of himself. Enough already, fire the man and cut the check. Nobody put a gun to his head and forced him to give him that contract.... Bite the bullet dude

FriedTofuz
07-07-2011, 01:58 AM
The way Kahn handled his head coach was terrible. Why would Rambis want to come back after the way they dragged on the fireing of him for so long? That would be extremly awkward if he were to return.

DerekRE_3
07-07-2011, 01:59 AM
Kaaaaaahhhnnnn

FriedTofuz
07-07-2011, 02:02 AM
Kaaaaaahhhnnnn

:confused: I dont understand whats the meaning of stateing only his name

Akagaminosteven
07-07-2011, 02:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjd7L6txGLk&feature=related

iggypop123
07-07-2011, 02:34 AM

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo133/NickBurns2006/random%20forum/kahn.gif?t=1260907766

waveycrockett
07-07-2011, 02:44 AM
He should go back to LA. Working with Kahhhhhhhhhn was a mistake.

PurpleJesus
07-07-2011, 02:52 AM
the way media words things can make anyone look bad, or good. The media has a vendetta for Kahn, and it is a very childish vendetta.

For example, the media could have simply stated that after two coaching seasons in which Rambis had the 3rd worst record in the league, and the worst record in the league, Kahn has asked Rambis to accept an assistant role with the team...or, since the media hates Kahn, they word the situation as such that Kahn is an ******* for asking a completely incompetent coach to step down.

I challenge you guys to find the real story instead of following the direction the media leads you...Not just with sports, but with politics as well.

NYKnicksAllDay
07-07-2011, 02:53 AM
:pity: if he thinks Rambis would even considered being re-assigned to an assistant, he's delusional. Just fire him and give him his money.

CityofTreez
07-07-2011, 02:54 AM

Kaaaahhhhhhhnnnnn

DerekRE_3
07-07-2011, 03:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjd7L6txGLk&feature=related

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo133/NickBurns2006/random%20forum/kahn.gif?t=1260907766

:cheers:

Margie
07-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Maybe it's not Rambis who the problem, maybe it's David Kahn who needs to go!

Punk
07-07-2011, 11:04 AM
the way media words things can make anyone look bad, or good. The media has a vendetta for Kahn, and it is a very childish vendetta.

For example, the media could have simply stated that after two coaching seasons in which Rambis had the 3rd worst record in the league, and the worst record in the league, Kahn has asked Rambis to accept an assistant role with the team...or, since the media hates Kahn, they word the situation as such that Kahn is an ******* for asking a completely incompetent coach to step down.

I challenge you guys to find the real story instead of following the direction the media leads you...Not just with sports, but with politics as well.
Lol Media? Nobody cares about the Timberwolves. They have no reason to make Khan look like a ******* when he did a great job of putting together a team.

He's not asking him to step down, he's totally making him go through hoops for him. It's ridiculous. Don't try and justify it.

JAZZNC
07-07-2011, 11:26 AM

You really think that the media is the one that makes this guy look like an idiot? Wow, you're delusional. The guy looks like an idiot b/c he is. He makes stupid comments and decisions all the time. He gets ripped all the time and deservedly so. He's put together one of the least talented teams in the history of the NBA.

NYtilIdie
07-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Lol Media? Nobody cares about the Timberwolves. They have no reason to make Khan look like a ******* when he did a great job of putting together a team.

He's not asking him to step down, he's totally making him go through hoops for him. It's ridiculous. Don't try and justify it.

This.

Melo15
07-07-2011, 11:41 AM
This is just getting sad.

DerekRE_3
07-07-2011, 11:51 AM

Yep the media made him say this too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGZebWRJWg4#t=1m38s

Crackadalic
07-07-2011, 11:53 AM
I hate bashing the guy but every time I read something Wolves related its always something Khan has done that makes you go WTF

Hawkeye15
07-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I will wait until everything is resolved before I lay into, or protect Kahn on this.

Hawkeye15
07-07-2011, 12:02 PM
wait, just saw this has Adrian Whatshisnamewhocares as one of the reporters. I no longer care

Tony_Starks
07-07-2011, 12:11 PM
He's basically trying to pull a Donald Sterling, trying to get rid of a guy and get out of paying him at the same time. Didn't work for Sterling, doubt it works for him.

From Rhambis perspective all he has to do is sit back and collect checks while this guy makes a spectacle himself. He's under no obligation to cut any sort of deal, especially after this fiasco....

RCarlson85
07-07-2011, 12:17 PM
I used to think this whole anti-Kahn movement was a bit overblown. But my GOD! I was wrong! The price for Kahn's head has been raised, but who amongst us will get the paycheck! Show this man to a local cliff!

Not too many cliffs in Minnesota unfortunately. They could just tie him to a stone and toss him in one of their 10,000 lakes!

bringinwood
07-07-2011, 01:41 PM
As far as i'm concerned, I don't mind what Kahn is doing...

The media has blown this out of proportion...

Do you really think Rambis cares when he gets fired ??? The writing has been on the wall for months... He knows it's going to happen...

He is still receiving checks courtesy of the Minnesota Timberwolves for doing nothing...

It's funny to me... Kahn is threatening re-assignment of Rambis to a front office position...

Would you want a guy that just got fired from your organization making any sort of decision that affects your franchise ???

I wouldn't want Rambis making coffee for me after that let alone a basketball decision...

Sixerlover
07-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Embarrassing. After almost firing a guy for the last 2 months, you can't still have him in the organization at a lesser role. Just cut your losses and move on.

tbone2171
07-07-2011, 02:01 PM
You really think that the media is the one that makes this guy look like an idiot? Wow, you're delusional. The guy looks like an idiot b/c he is. He makes stupid comments and decisions all the time. He gets ripped all the time and deservedly so. He's put together one of the least talented teams in the history of the NBA.

Yeah, Kevin Love, Derrick Williams, Ricky Rubio, Wes Johnson, Kevin Beasley, Anthony Randolph, Martell Webster, etc. all suck and don't have any talent.

Gibby23
07-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah, Kevin Love, Derrick Williams, Ricky Rubio, Wes Johnson, Kevin Beasley, Anthony Randolph, Martell Webster, etc. all suck and don't have any talent.

Kevin Beasley puts them over the top.

thekmp211
07-07-2011, 02:35 PM
kahn gets more flack than he deserves, but at the very least he just isn't a very tactful guy. he seems to mean well, but this fiasco has just gone on way too long.

rambis came to minnesota to be a head coach, if he wanted to be an assistant he would have stayed in sunny LA. im certainly not a rambis fan, but its a matter of respect and dignity at this point.

Mauersota
07-07-2011, 02:39 PM
This is reported by the same guy that said Rambis would be fired two weeks ago.

Also this is could simply be a way to get Rambis to settle for a buyout, if we bluff that we are willing to keep him for two years in a diminished role he might be willing to give back a million or two, and with Glen Taylor being the owner that is a huge reason.

Tony_Starks
07-07-2011, 02:42 PM
I find it kinda funny that some of you guys seriously think there's some kind of "media vs Kahn" conspiracy. Are you guys blind to the fact that he has made a large amount of incredibly stupid comments and "questionable" decisions? The man is a YouTube sensation for Petes sake!

Foye
07-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Maybe it's not Rambis who the problem, maybe it's David Kahn who needs to go!

Yeah, it's David Kahn who took a much more talented team than the season before from a 15 to 17 win team. :facepalm:

Kahn made some faults but he's actually acquired some at least decently talented players. There's no way a team with our roster finishes worse than the Cavs with a solid coach.

tbone2171
07-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Kevin Beasley puts them over the top.

B Easy's little brother

smith&wesson
07-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Meh

JAZZNC
07-07-2011, 03:41 PM

Yes, Randolph and Webster are lottery bust/cast offs from other teams. Johnson is nothing special at all, and Rubio/Williams haven't done squat in the NBA. They have potential but talent wins game...how many did they win last year? He has in now way shape or form put together a talented team.

Tony_Starks
07-08-2011, 05:07 PM
I just read that he gets no discount for waiting longer to fire Kurt, they have to pay him the 4milli regardless. So unless he thinks Kurt is stupid enough to quit or take a buyout, there's officially no more excuses for the shenanigans....

ManRam
07-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Kaaaahhhhhnnnnn!

Such a boss.

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2011, 06:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsFN02R78bc.csv.7l_1iSy8vLYF?slug=ys-wojnarowski_kurt_rambis_twolves_070611

How do you "fire" a guy by re-assigning him so he can be an assistant somewhere in the Front Office? Just let the guy go and pay him his salary, you're holding up his job prospects with NBA teams filling out their staffs.

Wow, that's straight out of the Al Davis coaching manifesto. That sort of thing has happened before with the Raiders, if memory serves.

PurpleJesus
07-12-2011, 02:10 PM
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_18461789

here is some insight as to what really happened, and why it took so long to fire Rambis. As I said earlier in this thread, a lot of the media finds any reason to jump on Kahn, and they spun the firing of Rambis story to make Kahn look bad.

This article gives a more unbiased insight as opposed to lunatics like Cowherd or Wojanorski. The article talks about things such as Rambis not liking Kevin Love, and have problems with owner Glen Taylor. At the end of the season, tempers and emotions were running high with Kahn and Rambis, so Kahn wanted to take awhile for both of them to cool down to meet before either one of them jumped to rash decisions.

WolvesJagsOs
07-12-2011, 04:00 PM
^Exactly. Its funny seeing people comment on the sitatuation when all they do is listen to biased writers that always say crap about the Wolves no matter what, its not like they know whats actually happening with the organization, they dont work for the wolves, they cant possibly know everything that is going on.