PDA

View Full Version : NBA locking out Stephen Curry's wedding

Punk
07-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry says that the NBA might prevent team officials from attending his wedding. Posted by Ben Golliver. stephen-curry

The NBA's lockout is a literal term: players are physically locked out from team facilities and cannot have direct contact with team officials. The league has scrubbed its website and threatened to fine teams that contact players, even through social networking sites.

Apparently, weddings are off-limits too, at least without official clearance from the league office.

Yahoo! Sports reports that Warriors guard Stephen Curry is about to get hitched and isn't sure whether Golden State employees will be able to attend.

Curry also has some other plans for July: He and his fiancèe, Ayesha Alexander, are getting married in Charlotte at the end of the month. He expects eight Warriors teammates, other NBA players like Rudy Gay, Ronny Turiaf and Corey Maggette and members of former Warriors coach Keith Smart’s staff to attend. He’s still waiting to see if Warriors’ front office officials and Bobcats assistant coach Stephen Silas, a former Golden State assistant, can get cleared by the NBA to go. Miami Heat officials were recently given permission to attend Chris Bosh’s wedding.

“They all sent their regards and petitioned the league to come to the wedding, so they’re not breaking any rules,” Curry said. “As of right now, they can’t come. I don’t know how the process is going. If they show up, they show up. If not, I understand why.”

Poor Curry thought it was bad when he needed to ask the bride's father for his daughter's hand in marriage. Now he needs to turn to NBA commissioner David Stern for a second level of permission.

"Does anyone here object to this union? Speak now or forever hold your peace."

"I do," shouts Stern as he emerges from underneath a pew in the church's fourth row. "Silas just slapped Curry's back and whispered 'congratulations' in his ear. That will be one million dollars! Please make the check payable to Adam Silver."

OK, OK, it's not quite that ridiculous. Given the recent, clear precedent established by the Bosh wedding, Curry's nuptials should come off without a hitch and with the entire invited guest list in attendance.

Still, what a hassle. Requiring that these players and coaches formally request permission without rubberstamping it? Terrible. As if newlyweds didn't have enough to stress about.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/30481339

This is seriously pissing me off. If the players can sign with other teams in Europe then they can do whatever the hell they want with teammates. Ruining personal gatherings with teammates is crossing the line. It's unnecessary. All it does is show why the NBA is going to get a ton of crap this year.

Keep the labor disputes between the owners and players union. Why should other players have to suffer with these ridiculous things?

TrueFan420
07-06-2011, 11:38 PM
what are you talking about the players can go its the coaches and front office members that cant

Litchris12
07-06-2011, 11:56 PM
messed up year to get married if you are an nba player

IAmKira
07-07-2011, 12:07 AM
does this apply to free agents too? If the league is lock out, why the hell do they still have control over the player? srsly denying sum1 of contact between each other is against someone's right..

Hellcrooner
07-07-2011, 12:19 AM
this is utterly ridiculous.

Whats the worst hting that can happen?

they some players talks with some owners and go figure....come to some solutions that they can trhow in negotiations and solve the thing faster?

btw i dont get why the GOVERNMENT does not take over on the cba.

Here when theres a lockout two things happen.

1 the old Cba goes running until a new one is made ( theres a time limit)
2 if the time limit is reached and theres no new cba , government steps in and DICTATES the new cba acording to general rules of the country.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-07-2011, 12:22 AM
That's BS.

marj987
07-07-2011, 12:22 AM
NBA still showing favortism to the Miami Heat.....:facepalm:

ramz.n
07-07-2011, 12:37 AM
this is similar to when the nhl said ovechkin couldn't play for russia..he said hes gonna play regardless and deal with the fines..and this is exactly what the players should do for stephen as well, how could you put a price on the most important day of someones life?

Sadds The Gr8
07-07-2011, 12:38 AM

this.

lol what a ****in joke the NBA is. they won't let people to his wedding? wtf?

Eagles4Lyfe
07-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Whos the lucky girl?? Was it the one on the right side or left side out of the 2 he was sitting between during the skills competition:p

3ballbomber
07-07-2011, 01:02 AM
I started the topic about Bosh's wedding and the NBA allowing RSVP and Miami Org permitted to attend......i don't see how this is any different.

I said it in that thread and i'll repeat it again.........the players are truly owned by the league. I'm don't feel sorry for the players, i don't feel sorry for anyone who earns more money than i will in 10 lifetimes but i do side with them and think Stern & the Owners are in this for domination of not only the money but the players and ofr it to affect something like a player getting married is just down right ridiculous.

GSRaider
07-07-2011, 01:05 AM
That's BS!

John Walls Era
07-07-2011, 01:05 AM
I started the topic about Bosh's wedding and the NBA allowing RSVP and Miami Org permitted to attend......i don't see how this is any different.

I said it in that thread and i'll repeat it again.........the players are truly owned by the league. I'm don't feel sorry for the players, i don't feel sorry for anyone who earns more money than i will in 10 lifetimes but i do side with them and think Stern & the Owners are in this for domination of not only the money but the players and ofr it to affect something like a player getting married is just down right ridiculous.

Can the league dominate me and give me the NBA avg salary?

Antipod
07-07-2011, 01:09 AM
:facepalm: to NBA

/thread

kfranks22
07-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Some people really need some reading comprehension skills.

With that said, I'm hoping the NBA does the right thing and allows the front office members invited to attend, especially since the presedent has already been set with the Bosh wedding. Frankly, it's pretty stupid they have to get permission in the first place.

hgtiger32
07-07-2011, 01:12 AM
here's what I don't understand about the lockout. since there is no CBA agreement between the players and the NBA, how can the NBA create rules such as this?

xabial
07-07-2011, 01:13 AM
I didnt Know Steph was getting married, he seems/looks so young (like 20). I was curious who his fiance was. Here she is. http://www.ayeshaalexander.com/Welcome.html

3ballbomber
07-07-2011, 01:21 AM
here's what I don't understand about the lockout. since there is no CBA agreement between the players and the NBA, how can the NBA create rules such as this?
yeah, exactly. What if they were to be married in another country....surely those rules cannot be applied in a total different continent.

kfranks22
07-07-2011, 01:23 AM

This rule has to do with front office members, has nothing to do with the players or the CBA.

Slug3
07-07-2011, 10:20 AM
If Miami's staff got cleared then I am sure they will as well. Only thing is Curry and the GS staff just have to get the cleared first.

If for some reason they say no then that would be crazy that Bosh was told its ok but not Curry, but still I dont think it will be a big deal in the end. But it is stupid that they now have to seek permission to attend a function that has nothing to do with basketball.

NYKSpiritBomb
07-07-2011, 10:36 AM
this is utterly ridiculous.

Whats the worst hting that can happen?

they some players talks with some owners and go figure....come to some solutions that they can trhow in negotiations and solve the thing faster?

btw i dont get why the GOVERNMENT does not take over on the cba.

Here when theres a lockout two things happen.

1 the old Cba goes running until a new one is made ( theres a time limit)
2 if the time limit is reached and theres no new cba , government steps in and DICTATES the new cba acording to general rules of the country.

why don't you ask Nazi Germany and the USSR whats wrong with that???

roshan3ai
07-07-2011, 10:56 AM
:laugh2: I feel bad for him. This is getting crazy

Tony_Starks
07-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Reading is fundamental. Nothing to do with the players....

daleja424
07-07-2011, 12:38 PM

what are you smoking!!?!

How is it favoritism to the HEAT?

good luck explaining that one bud. I would understand the statement if the NBA gave approval to the HEAT and not the Warriors... but that is not the case. :facepalm:

lakerboy
07-07-2011, 12:41 PM
What a dumb move by Curry. How old is he, 23? Getting married? WTF

lakerboy
07-07-2011, 12:42 PM
i didnt know steph was getting married, he seems/looks so young (like 20). I was curious who his fiance was. Here she is. http://www.ayeshaalexander.com/welcome.html

dream killer.

godolphins
07-07-2011, 12:46 PM
The NBA is run by lawyers

Gram
07-07-2011, 05:38 PM
The NBA doesn't even have anything to do with his wedding...

Gram
07-07-2011, 05:39 PM
What a dumb move by Curry. How old is he, 23? Getting married? WTF

To each his own, dude.

marj987
07-07-2011, 05:40 PM
what are you smoking!!?!

How is it favoritism to the HEAT?

good luck explaining that one bud. I would understand the statement if the NBA gave approval to the HEAT and not the Warriors... but that is not the case. :facepalm:

:facepalm:..............Your joking right?......The Heat got showed favortism.....As soon LeBron made the decision......Every one knew he was gonna chose the Heat.....Which is why Bosh decided he was going to heat prior......about 70% percent of their schedule was nationally televised, The ref's GAVE them the Chicago series......And almost got them to a game 7, AND EVEN THE NBA IS STILL LOCKED OUT.....NOONE CAN ATTEND CURRY"S WEEDING But can attend Bosh's weeding? WTF? It's funny how your the only Heat fan responding to this.

CowboysKB24
07-07-2011, 05:58 PM
This is seriously serious.

Sixerlover
07-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Imagine how awkward it would be if the girl Steph was marrying worked in the Warriors front office. It'd be like Romeo and Juliet NBA lockout version

tyfreaks brotha
07-07-2011, 06:23 PM

daleja424
07-07-2011, 06:35 PM
:facepalm:..............Your joking right?......The Heat got showed favortism.....As soon LeBron made the decision......Every one knew he was gonna chose the Heat.....Which is why Bosh decided he was going to heat prior......about 70% percent of their schedule was nationally televised, The ref's GAVE them the Chicago series......And almost got them to a game 7, AND EVEN THE NBA IS STILL LOCKED OUT.....NOONE CAN ATTEND CURRY"S WEEDING But can attend Bosh's weeding? WTF? It's funny how your the only Heat fan responding to this.

Lmao. Learn how to read. I said that no favoritism was shown to the heat IN THIS MATTER.

JPHX
07-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Oh Stephen, all that food doesnt have to go to waste! what time is the wedding???

WHODAT8o8
07-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Lmao. Learn how to read. I said that no favoritism was shown to the heat IN THIS MATTER.

Lmao i think u need to learn how to read. He clearly said that they can attend boshs wedding who plays on the heat but no FO from GS can attend currys.

marj987
07-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Lmao i think u need to learn how to read. He clearly said that they can attend boshs wedding who plays on the heat but no FO from GS can attend currys.

:facepalm:........Thank you so much......He/She is to busy trying to find a way to defend the Heat to understand what I'm trying to point out....

Punk
07-07-2011, 07:16 PM
The NBA is run by lawyers

...Your sig....It's odd.

B-Ray
07-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Didn't realize 12 year olds could get married.

daleja424
07-07-2011, 07:52 PM

:facepalm:........Thank you so much......He/She is to busy trying to find a way to defend the Heat to understand what I'm trying to point out....

Except the article doesn't say that :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

All the article says is that Warriors need to ask for permission to go. It doesn't say that they asked and were denied...

The HEAT asked for permission before the lockout even started and got clearance. I am sure once the Warriors ask, they too will be cleared.

Reading comprehension is clearly not your strong suit.

daleja424
07-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Let me quote the article for you:

He’s still waiting to see if Warriors’ front office officials and Bobcats assistant coach Stephen Silas, a former Golden State assistant, can get cleared by the NBA to go. Miami Heat officials were recently given permission to attend Chris Bosh’s wedding.

OK, OK, it's not quite that ridiculous. Given the recent, clear precedent established by the Bosh wedding, Curry's nuptials should come off without a hitch and with the entire invited guest list in attendance.

They are waiting for the okay from the NBA... thats it...

Next time...take some time to read the entire article before jumping on the HEAT.

NBA_Starter
07-07-2011, 07:57 PM
ridiculous :rolleyes:

marj987
07-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Let me quote the article for you:

They are waiting for the okay from the NBA... thats it...

Next time...take some time to read the entire article before jumping on the HEAT.

Dude.....Just stop....It's not that serious.....Jesus......And I wasn't jumping on the HEAT....I was just stating how could they let the Heat get away with this....But it's different for the Warriors....And it's favortism IMO.....Which IMO have been showing towards the Heat throughout the playoffs.

daleja424
07-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Dude.....Just stop....It's not that serious.....Jesus..

lmao... its serious when you think you are right... but when I make you look like a fool it not a big deal anymore...

:laugh:

marj987
07-07-2011, 08:26 PM
lmao... its serious when you think you are right... but when I make you look like a fool it not a big deal anymore...

:laugh:

:facepalm:.

And no.....I don't think you made me look like a fool.....It's just amazing/ridiculous that you took the time and effort to try prove me wrong.

Just get back.

daleja424
07-07-2011, 08:28 PM
:facepalm:.

And no.....I don't think you made me look like a fool.....It's just amazing/ridiculous that you took the time and effort to try prove me wrong.

Just get back.

Nothing personal... but you started this. Of course I am going to take the time to prove you incorrect...

sep11ie
07-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Except the article doesn't say that :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

All the article says is that Warriors need to ask for permission to go. It doesn't say that they asked and were denied...

The HEAT asked for permission before the lockout even started and got clearance. I am sure once the Warriors ask, they too will be cleared.

Reading comprehension is clearly not your strong suit.

Why would they have to ask permission when there was no lock out yet?

daleja424
07-07-2011, 08:41 PM
The HEAT asked as soon as they knew a lockout was coming for clearance to still attend Bosh's wedding... and got approval.

Now the Warriors are waiting on the same clearance...and will also get it...

There is no preferential treatment here... the HEAT asked before the Warriors and thus got approval sooner...

marj987
07-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Why would they have to ask permission when there was no lock out yet?

Don't ask or he/she might **** around and make a fool out of you..........:facepalm:

jrm2054
07-07-2011, 09:08 PM
If they don't get approved it will be Lebrons fault

daleja424
07-07-2011, 09:16 PM
If they don't get approved it will be Lebrons fault

true

Slug3
07-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Don't ask or he/she might **** around and make a fool out of you..........:facepalm:

All he is saying is since Miami asked first that they received permission first. The Warriors will get permission as well. It shouldn't be a big deal at all.

AI4MVP
07-07-2011, 10:47 PM
**** this! i say all the nba players go to the euro lleague and take over europe. Im sure NBA players would rather travel for games to Greece, Italy, Barcelona, etc then Indiana, Minnesota, Milwaukee... then they can escape THE STERNMINATOR

JordansBulls
07-08-2011, 12:25 PM
How can they lock out a wedding?:speechless:

Algmuskrats
07-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Whos the lucky girl?? Was it the one on the right side or left side out of the 2 he was sitting between during the skills competition:p

LMFAO :clap:

BoinnyRot
07-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Керстин Хафенрихтер
(http://boityn.if.ua)

BoinnyRot
07-08-2011, 06:04 PM
мой сон. ру
(http://boityn.if.ua)

Kinkotheclown
07-08-2011, 09:49 PM
The owners want one thing, to break the league down. They want to punish the players and make them see that the league gives them everything, so how dare they ask for more. But since they did (not really), the owners trying to show their power on every level. It is complete bull ****. But I'm sure the owners take the stance that, "since you know them from the team, you only know them through us and that means they are off limits"
There is no way that personal issues should be involved.

Ahhh, Yet another reason the owners are acting like douches

Cubby
07-08-2011, 10:04 PM
The HEAT asked as soon as they knew a lockout was coming for clearance to still attend Bosh's wedding... and got approval.

Now the Warriors are waiting on the same clearance...and will also get it...

There is no preferential treatment here... the HEAT asked before the Warriors and thus got approval sooner...

Stop capitalizing Heat like they're superior. No other team does it, so stop. It's ****ing annoying.