PDA

View Full Version : Beasley and Mary Jane at it again.

Heediot
07-06-2011, 04:15 PM
MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley was ticketed for possessing marijuana and speeding in the Minneapolis suburb of Minnetonka last week, police said.

Capt. Scott Boerboom said Thursday that an officer stopped Beasley around 3 a.m. on June 26 on Interstate 394 after clocking him going 84 mph in a 65-mph zone. He says the officer smelled a strong odor of marijuana coming from the car.

According to the report, the officer found 16.2 grams of marijuana under the front passenger seat of Beasley's car. Beasley claimed the marijuana was not his, but belonged to a friend whom he had just dropped off, the report said.

The possession charge is a petty misdemeanor that carries a fine of $128. The Timberwolves said they cannot comment during the lockout.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6743344

D_Rose1118
07-06-2011, 04:16 PM
so dumb, why speed if u are riding with that stuff

asandhu23
07-06-2011, 04:16 PM
lol. I bet Klay Thompson will end up like Beasley.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2011, 04:17 PM
This is why I laugh when people tell me all about his potential.

Sadds The Gr8
07-06-2011, 04:18 PM
****ing idiot.

WolvesJagsOs
07-06-2011, 04:18 PM
trade him, stick with dwill at the 3.

BuddhaMONK
07-06-2011, 04:20 PM
it's just weed who cares

Heediot
trade him, stick with dwill at the 3.

Who will take him? You'd be lucky to get a late first for him now!

kingbrentg
Bulls dropped the ball on this guy. :(

Lil Half Dead
07-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Rule Number 1: Don't Get Caught

Know the rules to the game Beez! You can do your thing, but don't floss at 84 miles an hour with bump in the trunk. Especially at 3 A.M. When most cops are making their nightly rounds. And it was at the end of the month, he should've known cops would be out trying to meet their quota for the end of the month. He just wasn't thinking.

ttam68
07-06-2011, 04:27 PM

Know the rules to the game Beez! You can do your thing, but don't floss at 84 miles an hour with bump in the trunk. Especially at 3 A.M. When most cops are making their nightly rounds. And it was at the end of the month, he should've known cops would be out trying to meet their quota for the end of the month. He just wasn't thinking.

Exactly. If you're going to drive drunk/carrying stuff, don't speed. People are morons.

SMH!
07-06-2011, 04:29 PM
His career isnt done, its just ****ing weed, calm down, even though this is stupid, his career isnt over..

kingbrentg
07-06-2011, 04:31 PM
His career isnt done, its just ****ing weed, calm down, even though this is stupid, his career isnt over..

Who said it was?

Hawkeye15
07-06-2011, 04:31 PM

of course not. But its his pattern of poor decision making that make him a pain in the *** sometimes. The kid will most likely waste his god given potential because he just isn't focused enough on becoming a great player.

Pinrod33
07-06-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm kinda shocked that some of you guys are still so ignorant about bud.

And why is he dumb? the league is locked out so there's nothing that can happen to him. Throw in the fact that Minnesota obviously has a lax mari-jane policy if all he's getting is a fine, so it looks like he knew that he wouldn't get into real trouble and had all his bases covered. Doesn't sound so dumb to me......

Granted, he really can't afford ANY bad publicity, but in this day and age when stars are getting busted for DUI every other day (which is much more dangerous than driving high, mind you), and the fact he was only going 19 over the speed limit on a deserted high way (no pun intended) at 3 am........... I mean, c'mon

Pinrod33
07-06-2011, 04:37 PM
And maybe he's not as smart as others in the league that are getting away with it, but if y'all think he's the only one smoking buddha in professional sports, then you're the ones smoking the good stuff

championships
07-06-2011, 04:39 PM

All of this.

Beasley has proven he is not the smartest guy out there. Good thing for him he can ball well enough to be in the NBA, Otherwise in the real world he would be screwed.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2011, 04:40 PM

And why is he dumb? the league is locked out so there's nothing that can happen to him. Throw in the fact that Minnesota obviously has a lax mari-jane policy if all he's getting is a fine, so it looks like he knew that he wouldn't get into real trouble and had all his bases covered. Doesn't sound so dumb to me......

Granted, he really can't afford ANY bad publicity, but in this day and age when stars are getting busted for DUI every other day (which is much more dangerous than driving high, mind you), and the fact he was only going 19 over the speed limit on a deserted high way (no pun intended) at 3 am........... I mean, c'mon

Its because its a pattern of poor decision making on his part. He not only hurts his value, but it shows that he may not be taking his game as serious as he should.

kjoke
07-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I want him back in miami

Raoul Duke
07-06-2011, 04:43 PM
How dumb is this kid?

The vast majority of pot busts happen when some dumbass like Beasley decides he shouldn't have to wait till he arrives at his destination to smoke. Ever think of just smoking before you leave, and then again once you get where you're going?

This guy is plenty rich enough to buy weed that will keep him high for a few hours. He's smoking while he drives because he probably thinks it's like the most ballin'est thing ever.

pd1dish
07-06-2011, 04:44 PM

exactly my thought. if im riding around with it, i make sure i stay within 3 mph of the speed limit. also put it in a good hiding spot. if you get pulled over for speeding, then the cop probably wont search the car unless he can smell it, and if its in your trunk for example and in a jar or bottle, then the smell wont reach the front seat.

Bigbadmoffo
07-06-2011, 04:44 PM

For one he's driving high and speeding and for two he's suppose to be a role model for kids. Would you want your 10 yr old smoking weed cause he thinks it will make him a good bball player.

Rndy
07-06-2011, 04:51 PM
I've got to question this guys brain. I don't care if he smokes Weed a lot of NBA players do. But if you're smoking in your car which isn't the best idea in the first place at least go the speed limit. People are just ****ing stupid.

pd1dish
07-06-2011, 04:53 PM
For one he's driving high and speeding and for two he's suppose to be a role model for kids. Would you want your 10 yr old smoking weed cause he thinks it will make him a good bball player.

your kid is going nowhere in life if he thinks smoking weed will make him a good basketball player. and how many kids start smoking at age 10 in the first place? if he is, your indirectly buying it for him. the youngest i ever was exposed to it was in 8th grade (i was 13 or 14) and i think thats really young.

and driving high isnt as dangerous as you think. it actually probably makes me better because im so focused on driving perfect.

FinsSuperBowl
07-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Dag so players cant get high during the lockout? What are they suppose to do?

FinsSuperBowl
07-06-2011, 04:54 PM
your kid is going nowhere in life if he thinks smoking weed will make him a good basketball player. and how many kids start smoking at age 10 in the first place? if he is, your indirectly buying it for him. the youngest i ever was exposed to it was in 8th grade (i was 13 or 14) and i think thats really young.

and driving high isnt as dangerous as you think. it actually probably makes me better because im so focused on driving perfect.
Yea i might miss an exit or something but it actually makes me drive more carefully

BrokenAnkles
07-06-2011, 04:57 PM

I doubt many 10 year olds want to grow up to be like Michael Beasley. I know this has already been said but this isn't a huge deal for him and especially since were in a lockout right now, but this does give the T-Wolves a reason to deal him for some veteran talent, hopefully someone who doesn't cruise around high as ****

Raoul Duke
07-06-2011, 05:00 PM

In a fight between your opinion and science, I'm taking science.

EDIT: But you're missing the point anyway. He's dumb because all he has to do to not get busted is not smoke while he drives.

Da Knicks
07-06-2011, 05:04 PM
:Doh this reminds me of something!:smoking:

pd1dish
07-06-2011, 05:04 PM
In a fight between your opinion and science, I'm taking science.

EDIT: But you're missing the point anyway. He's dumb because all he has to do to not get busted is not smoke while he drives.

i agree that you shouldnt smoke WHILE you are driving because that is just stupid cus its so easy to get caught, but the only people that think smoking weed really impairs your driving are the people that dont smoke, and most people that dont smoke are very ignorant to the idea that its not a bad drug.

JasonJohnHorn
07-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Way to keep it real Bees! F@ck the owners, they ain't payin' you $#!T right now, so they can't test you. As they say: Smoke 'em if you got em.

The owners, in my opinion, have no right to even ASK you if you smoke the $#!T. I don't see owners like Mark Cuban lining up for urine tests. When the owners are willing to get tested for recreational drugs, THEN you can test the players. Until then they can suck it!

SteBO
07-06-2011, 05:21 PM
:laugh2:

He's a talented player, but it's stuff like this that explains why the Raps and Cavs didn't want him via sign & trade last summer.

GiantsSwaGG
07-06-2011, 05:23 PM
:facepalm:Trade him.....

Tom Stone
07-06-2011, 05:24 PM
What I don't get is this guy has enough money to have a Limo driver and a search warrant is needed to search the back of a Limo.....When your image is so big as a professional athleate...why take chances....I'm smoking a dube as I write this.

justinnum1
07-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Why not? they arent drug testing right now, **** most players are probably smoking now.

bmd1101
07-06-2011, 05:35 PM
MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley was ticketed for possessing marijuana and speeding in the Minneapolis suburb of Minnetonka last week, police said.

Capt. Scott Boerboom said Thursday that an officer stopped Beasley around 3 a.m. on June 26 on Interstate 394 after clocking him going 84 mph in a 65-mph zone. He says the officer smelled a strong odor of marijuana coming from the car.

According to the report, the officer found 16.2 grams of marijuana under the front passenger seat of Beasley's car. Beasley claimed the marijuana was not his, but belonged to a friend whom he had just dropped off, the report said.

The possession charge is a petty misdemeanor that carries a fine of $128. The Timberwolves said they cannot comment during the lockout.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6743344

Whan idiot. 16g's aien't ****, he shoulnt have any problem with the smell if he had a brain in his head. LOL @ Beez gettin busted with a little over a half ounce because of the smell.

i agree that you shouldnt smoke WHILE you are driving because that is just stupid cus its so easy to get caught, but the only people that think smoking weed really impairs your driving are the people that dont smoke, and most people that dont smoke are very ignorant to the idea that its not a bad drug.

I know tons of people that have been driving high for 20+ years and none of even got as much as a speeding ticket, let alone gettin popped even though they still prosecute pretty hard for it around Seattle.

Mplsman
07-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Beasley, for Godsakes man. Smoke that **** at your condo, don't carry it around on you.

Gibby23
07-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Why not? they arent drug testing right now, **** most players are probably smoking now.

Thats right, thats why kobe went to Europe to get that "special" knee treatment. I bet you he got some HGH or something.

Tony_Starks
07-06-2011, 05:46 PM
We need to get B Easy out here in LA so him and Odom can have a smokeout! You can just look at him and tell he stays pretty lit (which is fine by me btw) but he doesn't have to be Captain Obvious about it....

Still he is quickly turning into my favorite T-Wolf! Blazes up and never saw a shot he didn't like.... My man!!

Lil Rhody
07-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Man I wish I had some Beasley Beasters

KingPosey
07-06-2011, 05:50 PM

you make a lot of sense. However, I dont know how it is over there, but there is no such thing as a quota here in Cali. I know that for a fact.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-06-2011, 05:55 PM

You laugh @ his potential, because he smokes weed? :confused:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-06-2011, 05:56 PM
you make a lot of sense. However, I dont know how it is over there, but there is no such thing as a quota here in Cali. I know that for a fact.

Yeah I agreed with his post until he said the "quota" thing.

Police Officers don't have a quota.

SteBO
07-06-2011, 05:57 PM
The **** he does off the court will always hinder the perception of certain players. It tells a lot more than you think.

Gibby23
07-06-2011, 06:00 PM

Yes, because you can tell it is holding him back from reaching it. Didn't he check into rehab last year because he was doing it all the time? You don't think that had anything to do with him not playing up to his potential?

Potential isn't all skill, there is a mental part to it and smoking weed can slow that mental part down.

Epicfailure
07-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Damn dude, just smoke the **** at home. Is it really that complicated?

thephoenixson28
07-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Come to phoenix, its legal here.

Jewelz0376
07-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Beasly is so dam dumb lol

It's not smoking the weed the makes him dumb...because that isn't a big deal to me, but if youve gotten in trouble with weed before you would think he'd make sure and drive the speed limit when it's in his car..

Or better yet have one of your boys pick it up and drive it back to your house...His boys are probably smoking for free anyways when their with Beas..the least they could do is pick it up lol

Sandman
07-06-2011, 06:36 PM

it was a petty misdemeanor worth 128$

the weed was probably the bigger loss. lol

Da Knicks
07-06-2011, 06:44 PM

sorry but some states do for sure...

hugepatsfan
07-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Mary Jane needs to hop off his dick

Cal827
07-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Not a bright move. If he's gonna smoke up, at least do it at home, where you will likely not get caught. Look at PSD. There's no way that one can tell me that some of the comments on some topics are from baked users lol :D

Well maybe this will be swept under the rug since there are more important issues with the NBA right now lol

championships
07-06-2011, 07:21 PM

They do here in Vegas I believe and they make it obvious. For three weeks you only see a few cops here and there but in the final week of the month you see them everywhere!

Plus a lot more speed traps. One just about every block sometimes.

JWO35
07-06-2011, 07:22 PM
I still recall him in his infamous Twitter Tattoo Photo, he had the Mary J in the background on the table...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Yes, because you can tell it is holding him back from reaching it. Didn't he check into rehab last year because he was doing it all the time? You don't think that had anything to do with him not playing up to his potential?

Potential isn't all skill, there is a mental part to it and smoking weed can slow that mental part down.

So by your logic...

Did you laugh @ Len Bias' potential?

Rasheed Wallace smoked weed, Shaq smoked weed, Iverson smoked weed...

EDIT:And Mike Beasley checked into rehab because of depression, not from weed-abuse? :confused:

Michael Phelps smokes weed... Doesn't afect his potential... does it?

Cal827
07-06-2011, 07:30 PM
So by your logic...

Did you laugh @ Len Bias' potential?

Rasheed Wallace smoked weed, Shaq smoked weed, Iverson smoked weed...

Tim Lincecum, Ricky Williams, Al Davis (Actually, he might just be naturally baked, looking at his past 10 years lol)

tbone2171
07-06-2011, 07:47 PM
This is obviously David Kahn's fault

PC
07-06-2011, 08:31 PM
I'd have to estimate that at least 75% of the league blazes. I'm not at all condoning his actions but I just don't get shocked when I hear things like this

Sly Guy
07-06-2011, 08:49 PM
psh, only a half zip, that's not even trafficking yet.

The Flash
07-06-2011, 08:50 PM
they should make pot and steroids mandatorry in the NBA

Kashmir13579
07-06-2011, 09:02 PM

I would be one to bet that many big names in the NBA smoke weed. Kobe lives in California. Do you think that if he wanted to he wouldn't have a medical excuse to get as much of the finest green he wanted? Its just weed. I don't look down on Beasley for getting a little buzzed, i look down on him for getting caught and making a spectacle of himself. When you are that rich, you don't need to be driving at all, let alone driving with drugs in your car. its just plain stupid.

COOLbeans
07-06-2011, 09:11 PM
who cares. more power to you, the players are on lockout.

Sandman
07-06-2011, 10:11 PM
psh, only a half zip, that's not even trafficking yet.

lol its a petty misdemeanor

the bud cost more than the fine

justinnum1
07-06-2011, 10:46 PM
why is beas speeding with nugs in his car?

sixer04fan
07-06-2011, 11:18 PM
If I was in the NBA during a lockout, I'd be constantly getting high beyond comprehension haha. Dumb for him to get caught though...

MickeyMgl
07-06-2011, 11:40 PM

He should have stayed in school.

Sevilla91
07-06-2011, 11:42 PM
im high right now

TheRunKiller
07-06-2011, 11:44 PM
who cares? i've been caught with it like 4 times

JerseysFinest
07-06-2011, 11:57 PM
who cares? i've been caught with it like 4 times

He plays in the most popular and the best basketball league in the world.

As a professional athlete, you should exemplify good qualities, show responsibility, and stay classy. People look up to you, what message is this sending young Timberwolves fans in Minnesota?

It doesn't seem like a big deal to many people on here since the majority of the posters here are older and mature, but when you view this on the outside, it really is an issue.

Edit**-what this also does is it worsens the perception of NBA players and the NBA as a whole.

SwaggaIke
07-07-2011, 12:27 AM

Ask Kareem if smoking hinders your development. Beasley is a pothead & I can't blame him.

DeyAce
07-07-2011, 12:39 AM
He must be serving

Sandman
07-07-2011, 12:48 AM
He plays in the most popular and the best basketball league in the world.

As a professional athlete, you should exemplify good qualities, show responsibility, and stay classy. People look up to you, what message is this sending young Timberwolves fans in Minnesota?

It doesn't seem like a big deal to many people on here since the majority of the posters here are older and mature, but when you view this on the outside, it really is an issue.

Edit**-what this also does is it worsens the perception of NBA players and the NBA as a whole.

It cost him more for the bud than it did for the fine. As much as he might have stepped on the lines in the past, its a petty misdemeanor in minnesota.

3ballbomber
07-07-2011, 12:55 AM
I said it from day 1 when he was drafted by Miami after being bombarded with Miami Fans about how "GREAT" this kid was going to be that all though he has potential he doesn't work hard enough, learn hard enough, focus enough, prioritize enough and discipline himself enough to able to tap into that potential. Heat fans then bombarded me further with the "yeah but his only young" tired argument. And it wasn't just about the latter it was mostly his attitude that gave me the first impression of how he would become in this league............and, well, seems like same old goof ball Beasley.

theLgndKllr35
07-07-2011, 01:10 AM
I could understand if it was a g, but 16? You don't just forget that haha.

FriedTofuz
07-07-2011, 01:55 AM
Beasly needs to change, He will get better eventually.

TheHighLife
07-07-2011, 02:05 AM
I want that guy on my team!

iggypop123
07-07-2011, 02:22 AM
michael beasley "drugs>getting paid millions to ball"

LA_Raiders
07-07-2011, 02:42 AM
And thats why players want more $$$?lol

sep11ie
07-07-2011, 02:44 AM
Players bang each others sisters, girlfriends, wives, even moms. They pull guns in clubs and even ontheir own teammates. They get in fights in dugouts/benches, on the field, even on air planes. They argue with coaches and sometimes choke them. I'm not a Bease or a Wolves fan, but I'll defend him here. He's a kid who does what he's used to. I don't recall ever hearing about him being a bad person or teammate.

eugene
07-07-2011, 03:01 AM
What is the problem? Kid is mature enough to make his own decision. If drugs will ruin his career he will not be the first or the last NBA player in similar situation...

Trueblue2
07-07-2011, 03:03 AM
It's just weed and theres a lockout... Yea it would be stupid to speed with weed in your car in a state where weed is a felony, but if it's just a citation then it's no big deal, it's not even as bad as a speeding ticket.

EaglePride615
07-07-2011, 03:12 AM
same **** just a different day for mikeyb. always ****ing up.

steven123l
07-07-2011, 03:46 AM
Trade him to the lakers we need a stoner in L.A no one would mind almost everyone in L.A smokes weed he's also a good player

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Tim Lincecum, Ricky Williams, Al Davis (Actually, he might just be naturally baked, looking at his past 10 years lol)

thank you :clap:

NYtilIdie
07-07-2011, 11:15 AM
His mind is the only thing holding him back.

Crackadalic
07-07-2011, 11:42 AM
His immature and his decision making is not good but its just bud. Every one does it in the off season. He just get caught. If he wants to smoke it so bad go to Cali where its legal and smoke as medicated bud and call it a day

i heard Amsterdam is a good place to not get caught:)

LongIslandIcedZ
07-07-2011, 12:58 PM
He's smoking weed during a lockout....There wont be basketball for a long time, let him do what he wants.

His "mistake" was speeding with it, I doubt he is the only guy in the league getting high during the lockout lol