PDA

View Full Version : Ian Mahinmi thinks that Kobe Bryant is more arrogant than LeBron James

godolphins
07-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Ian Mahinmi thinks that Kobe Bryant is more arrogant than LeBron James.

It's a slow news day to say the least. Mahinmi's exact quote was, "Kobe is super arrogant but everybody loves him," Mahinmi said. "To me, Kobe is more arrogant (than LeBron James)."
Rotoworld

Heediot
07-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Kobe Bryant is more arrogant. LeBron James is more Douchey!

GoatMilk
07-06-2011, 04:14 PM
kobe is cocky no doubt, but he can back it up
5 titles

bron has nothing

and who the hell is mahinmi?

asandhu23
07-06-2011, 04:15 PM
1. Kobe is hated as well. Hardly anyone outside of LA and his family like him.

2. No **** but Kobe has a right to be arrogant. he has rings. LeBron is arrogant without the rings and what he did to Cleveland.

BHF
07-06-2011, 04:19 PM
5 titles

bron has nothing

someone who is playing in the nba and who the hell are you?

Sadds The Gr8
07-06-2011, 04:20 PM
they're both douche bags

still1ballin
07-06-2011, 04:20 PM

2. No **** but Kobe has a right to be arrogant. he has rings. LeBron is arrogant without the rings and what he did to Cleveland.

False

naps
07-06-2011, 04:25 PM

WTF the rings have to do with being arrogant or not? Is Duncan arrogant?

PrettyBoyJ
07-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Kobe is very arrogant but the thing about Kobe is he works harder then anyone to get to where he is today that's why ppl look pass his arrogance out of respect.. Jordan was just as arrogant maybe even worse

barreleffact
07-06-2011, 04:28 PM
^Kobe only recently got as much love because everyone wanted an anti-lebron. So Kobe seemed like the best bet.

Kobe is cocky, but he has titles. Lebron is a douche. Lebron is more immature. Kobe, to be fair, is just as arrogant and is somewhat in denial about his role. His comments seem far less team oriented since his reputation has come back up.

GoatMilk
07-06-2011, 04:30 PM
[/B]

i know who he is, i was making a point

championships
07-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Like I said in the Lakers forum

This may be true but kobe knows how to win and is not afraid of big moments in big games.

That is the difference between Kobe and Lebron. Kobe earned his swagger and arrogance.(confidence)

Bruno
07-06-2011, 04:32 PM

They obsess over him in China as well. they're a pretty traditional society who value winning above all else- so he's their guy over there.

championships
07-06-2011, 04:34 PM
[/B]

Really! and how many people actually know that?

sixer04fan
07-06-2011, 04:42 PM

+1. Kobe is definitely more arrogant. But he's earned that right. He's pretty much the king of the NBA at this point.

kjoke
07-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Someone has to earn the right to be a douche?

Htownballa1622
07-06-2011, 04:48 PM
For ppl saying kobe "earned"the right to be arrogant.i 100% disagree.

No ones earns the right just by winning.arrogance and kobe have been together since kobe was drafted, and maybe even before.if winning allows someone to be arrogant, why isn't someone like tim duncan arrogant?

Kobe is arrogant because hes a great basketball player and a crappy person.
Same for lebron except I dont see lebron being that arrogant.

tcav701
07-06-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm sure Kobe is more arrogant there is two things you gotta keep in mind though:

1. Kobe doesnt pretend he's a good guy.

2. He doesn't put his foot in his mouth everytime he gets a chace to speak. Probably because he's much smarter.

PhillyFaninLA
07-06-2011, 04:51 PM

I was going to say Lebron is more immature but I'll second your post.

THE GIPPER
07-06-2011, 04:53 PM
the whole "kobe has 5 rings so he can do whatever he wants" argument is getting rediculous. "kobe has 5 rings so hes better than lebron". now its "kobe has 5 rings so he can be arrogant" get a new arguent kobe fans.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Ummmmm who the **** cares what this idiot has to say.

He wins a championship and now feels entitled to speak publicly? Stfu...

Da Knicks
07-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Kobe and Lebron equal great athletes but crappy people.

pd1dish
07-06-2011, 04:59 PM
False

not false....

kobe is one of the most hated players of all time (although lebron has easily passed him up). i think that he much more respected in recent years because when he had the rings with only shaq, i remember absolutely everyone but laker fans hated kobe. now that he has clearly been the leader of that team, hes grown on people including myself.

ChiSox219
07-06-2011, 05:00 PM
^Kobe only recently got as much love because everyone wanted an anti-lebron. So Kobe seemed like the best bet.

Eh, before the season started it seemed like everyone was looking for KD to fill the anti-Lebon role, especially the way Durant performed in Turkey.

Once the season started DRose took that role by force.

THE GIPPER
07-06-2011, 05:01 PM
not false....

kobe is one of the most hated players of all time (although lebron has easily passed him up). i think that he much more respected in recent years because when he had the rings with only shaq, i remember absolutely everyone but laker fans hated kobe. now that he has clearly been the leader of that team, hes grown on people including myself.

false. why do you think hes getting like 20 votes as the 4th best player of alll time in that thread?

barreleffact
07-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Eh, before the season started it seemed like everyone was looking for KD to fill the anti-Lebon role, especially the way Durant performed in Turkey.

Once the season started DRose took that role by force.

Very true. everyone wanted KD to be "that guy." What I think will be funny will be when he gets exposed for the guy he is. Not saying he is a bad guy but he isn't perfect and neither is his game. The media is setting him up to fall...similar to Lebron except Lebron helped the case A LOT.

Da Knicks
07-06-2011, 05:07 PM
false. why do you think hes getting like 20 votes as the 4th best player of alll time in that thread?

That should indicate the ages of the people on psd.

JasonJohnHorn
07-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Um... likely because he has more reason to be. Five Rings. Seven conference championships... how many division titles? Two final MVP, regular season MVP.

But even so, I'm pretty sure Kobe would be more arogant than LBJ, but at the end of the day, Kobe got $#!T done.

LakeShowRaider
07-06-2011, 05:09 PM
I wonder if back in 05 Kobe almost left the Lakers for the Clippers in free agency, if he would've held a news conference on ESPN announcing that "he's taking his talents to the visitors locker room in Staples"

My point is Kobe's arrogant on the court...not off it.

barreleffact
07-06-2011, 05:09 PM

Because he's EARNED it! He is def a top 10 player and many debate him as being a better Laker (thus player) than Magic. If he gets number 6 ever it becomes more debatable.

barreleffact
07-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Um... likely because he has more reason to be. Five Rings. Seven conference championships... how many division titles? Two final MVP, regular season MVP.

But even so, I'm pretty sure Kobe would be more arogant than LBJ, but at the end of the day, Kobe got $#!T done.

I wouldnt say he is more arrogant. I think they are equally arrogant. They just carry themselves differently. Kobe has proven to be able to take pressure and criticism in a grown manner. He will be himself, comfortably. Lebron deflects. Lebron, changes in the fourth. Lebron gets afraid. Yet they are BOTH very arrogant. "check my stats"- really?

Teeboy1487
07-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Even as a Lakers fan, I can't stand Kobe but he's a monster. I have the upmost respect for him. Lebron on the other hand is a douche and an idiot. I can't respect that.

Dash
07-06-2011, 05:28 PM
No he isn't.

/thread

Master Mind
07-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Lol @ ppl acting like they know these guys personally

J-Relo
07-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Kobe is very arrogant but the thing about Kobe is he works harder then anyone to get to where he is today that's why ppl look pass his arrogance out of respect.. Jordan was just as arrogant maybe even worse

He was probably the most arrogant basketball player ever. best though. also Wilt could fight for that spot.

Phxtoday
07-06-2011, 05:46 PM
who cares?

C_Mund
07-06-2011, 05:47 PM
The difference between the two...
Kobe wakes up in the morning and thinks..."I want to be the best."
Lebron wakes up and says: "Hey guys, what can Lebron do to be the best?"

Chacarron
07-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Even as a Lakers fan, I can't stand Kobe but he's a monster. I have the upmost respect for him. Lebron on the other hand is a douche and an idiot. I can't respect that.

I thought I was the only Lakers fan in this site with this feeling.

leftymo
07-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes Kobe is more arrogant than Lebron and he has 5 titles and 7 finals to back it up. Just look at his FGA in allstar games for crying out loud.

As a Laker fan I hate his arrogance too, b/c it usually results in poor play or shot selection.

And yes, MJ was far more arrogant than Kobe or Lebron.

Oh and since the Lakers are the only NBA brand that has a world-wide following, and are the league's #1 road draw consistently over the past decade, I'd say that there are more people outside LA that like Kobe than inside it.

So what does this have to do with the price of tea in china?

KingPosey
07-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Well Ian Mahinmi said it, it must be true. The world knows Ian Mahinmi's word is gold.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-06-2011, 05:58 PM
What do you guys mean LeBron can't be arrogant, just because he doesn't have a ring?

He's the best basketball player on the planet... and has more money then everybody on PSD combined.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Yes Kobe is more arrogant than Lebron and he has 5 titles and 7 finals to back it up. Just look at his FGA in allstar games for crying out loud.

As a Laker fan I hate his arrogance too, b/c it usually results in poor play or shot selection.

And yes, MJ was far more arrogant than Kobe or Lebron.

Oh and since the Lakers are the only NBA brand that has a world-wide following, and are the league's #1 road draw consistently over the past decade, I'd say that there are more people outside LA that like Kobe than inside it.

So what does this have to do with the price of tea in china?

Please don't compare either of them to Mike. Michael was not arrogant, he was confident. There's a difference.

Gibby23
07-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Please don't compare either of them to Mike. Michael was not arrogant, he was confident. There's a difference.

Do you know what arrogant means? Have you read stories of MJ off the court.

Tony_Starks
07-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Newsflash the majority of the superstars are arrogant. If you've been a celebrity since high school and had people kissing up to you for years you'd probably be arrogant too!

But at least Kobe has matured and can actually express himself. Lebron is basically a child in a mans body....

barreleffact
07-06-2011, 06:15 PM

Serious question, how old are you? MJ was and still is very arrogant: numerous off court instances, on court talking, and camera moments that back it up. He was the man and had the world on his shoulders but he was arrogant.

IAmKira
07-06-2011, 06:15 PM
They obsess over him in China as well. they're a pretty traditional society who value winning above all else- so he's their guy over there.

false. a lot of ppl in china actually likes other nba player. pretty sure winning isnt the reason why chinese ppl like kobe. Its the way he plays and how he does it which makes chinese pp like him.

this thread is full of ignorance. how the hell is kobe a crappy person? someone aware me because i cannot compute that statement.

BrokenAnkles
07-06-2011, 06:27 PM
false. a lot of ppl in china actually likes other nba player. pretty sure winning isnt the reason why chinese ppl like kobe. Its the way he plays and how he does it which makes chinese pp like him.

this thread is full of ignorance. how the hell is kobe a crappy person? someone aware me because i cannot compute that statement.

When a married man is charged with rape, I generally consider him a crappy person.

championships
07-06-2011, 06:32 PM
the whole "kobe has 5 rings so he can do whatever he wants" argument is getting rediculous. "kobe has 5 rings so hes better than lebron". now its "kobe has 5 rings so he can be arrogant" get a new arguent kobe fans.

Cause that's the only Argument I need GIPPER!! :laugh2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGDfjPjdWg

jim51990
07-06-2011, 06:32 PM
I've said it many times kobe is a complete scumbag he is just so fake that people don't realizes it and believe the bs he tells the media

llemon
07-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Rotoworld

Definitely a good comparison.

Jewelz0376
07-06-2011, 06:36 PM

Actually whenever i hear people on tv talk about Kobe being loved in china the first thing they mention is that they respect winners over there..So yea obviously if he were a bench guy they wouldn't care, but Kobe is HUGE in china because he's good but wins

The Final Boss
07-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Jordan is the most arrogant athlete of all-time. Hell, his arrogance led to his father's murder. Clowns look past that, though. lol

KeepMonta#8
07-06-2011, 06:52 PM
how would you guys feel if people compared you as a person and not a basketball player - Lebron or kobe shouldnt be hated on for their peronality but being a basketball player!

Htownballa1622
07-06-2011, 07:01 PM
when a married man is charged with rape, i generally consider him a crappy person.

+1

llemon
07-06-2011, 07:02 PM
how would you guys feel if people compared you as a person and not a basketball player - Lebron or kobe shouldnt be hated on for their peronality but being a basketball player!

Sure. As a teammate in the NBA, Kobe is a self-important d-bag, and I wish him all the worst.

evadatam5150
07-06-2011, 07:04 PM

Rotoworld

I think Elisha Cuthbert is one of the hottest women I've ever seen in my life.. I'm sure this statement alone would set off an entire post full of arbitrary bickering between anyone who has a opinion of such things.. Basically everyone has an opinion on the issue and not everyone is going to see eye to eye on it.. This is one of those flame threads that's just not going to go anywhere.. :D

sventhedog
07-06-2011, 07:12 PM
mahinmi accomplished 2 things:

get attention

show how dumb he is.

KnicksR4Real
07-06-2011, 07:15 PM
they both think that they are good. which they are. but still, its very annoying.

nickdymez
07-06-2011, 07:18 PM
When a married man is charged with rape, I generally consider him a crappy person.

Thank you god for judging another man...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Serious question, how old are you? MJ was and still is very arrogant: numerous off court instances, on court talking, and camera moments that back it up. He was the man and had the world on his shoulders but he was arrogant.

On court talkin has nothing to do with this... He talked to get in his apponents head, to out-smart them, to take them out of there game. What off court instances are you speaking of? what camera moments do you speak of?

Was jordan an ******ole for a teammate... yea. but dude just wanted to win.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Do you know what arrogant means? Have you read stories of MJ off the court.

Yes I do, and yes I have.

llemon
07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Thank you god for judging another man...

That's what people do.

More so if those people believe in God.

chitown4eva88
07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Kobe has 5 reasons to be more of an A hole than LeQueen I mean LeBron.

RaidersLakers24
07-06-2011, 07:30 PM
I've said it many times kobe is a complete scumbag he is just so fake that people don't realizes it and believe the bs he tells the media

And you know Kobe is all bs because??

kozelkid
07-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Jordan is the most arrogant athlete of all-time. Hell, his arrogance led to his father's murder. Clowns look past that, though. lol

What a load of crap. There has been zero evidence of this garbage filled conspiracy.

RaidersLakers24
07-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Yes I do, and yes I have.

You really don't think Jordan was arrogant? Smh

championships
07-06-2011, 07:32 PM
What a load of crap. There has been zero evidence of this garbage filled conspiracy.

Just listen to his HOF speech.

RaidersLakers24
07-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Sure. As a teammate in the NBA, Kobe is a self-important d-bag, and I wish him all the worst.

:facepalm:

lakers4sho
07-06-2011, 07:34 PM
On court talkin has nothing to do with this... He talked to get in his apponents head, to out-smart them, to take them out of there game. What off court instances are you speaking of? what camera moments do you speak of?

Was jordan an ******ole for a teammate... yea. but dude just wanted to win.

:facepalm: Just...stop. You're putting yourself in a worse hole by continuing :o

Jamiecballer
07-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Lebron is a spoiled prick. Kobe is an arrogant prick. neither is very likeable in my opinion.

kozelkid
07-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Just listen to his HOF speech.

I have. You misunderstood me.

MJ is an arrogant, cocky mother ****er. Don't like him as a person although he is obviously one of my favorite players.

I was referring to the idiotic comment that he was the reason his father was murdered. An idiotic conspiracy that had zero evidence.

llemon
07-06-2011, 07:38 PM
And you know Kobe is all bs because??

He's BS & puke and other disgusting fluids.

He wasn't even in the NBA yet, and everybody not wearing blinders knew that.

championships
07-06-2011, 07:40 PM

MJ is an arrogant, cocky mother ****er. Don't like him as a person although he is obviously one of my favorite players.

I was referring to the idiotic comment that he was the reason his father was murdered. An idiotic conspiracy that had zero evidence.

OOPS :surrender:

Steelers23_06
07-06-2011, 07:43 PM
lmao does it realy matter who is more arrogant? is it that serious? gotta love off-season threads...and a thread quoting a 3rd string center. i know its a lockout but we can do better lol.

DenButsu
07-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm surprised this thread has made it 5 pages.

llemon
07-06-2011, 07:46 PM
lmao does it realy matter who is more arrogant? is it that serious? gotta love off-season threads...and a thread quoting a 3rd string center. i know its a lockout but we can do better lol.

Geez, why post anything about a subject as ridiculous as the NBA?

WVNowitzki
07-06-2011, 07:57 PM

A 24 year old NBA champion?

That acting like you don't know who someone is **** gets mad old.

Steelers23_06
07-06-2011, 07:59 PM

Definition of COCKY
1 : boldly or brashly *self-confident*
2 : jaunty (stylish)

i personally think jordans cockiness is what made him great. him being too self confident is what gave him the ability to know he was going to make that play offensively or defensively. and in my honest opinion i dont think jordan or kobe are trying to be cocky thats just the way their personality is. and personally i think thats why lebron is hated by A LOT of people because its like he's trying to be cocky and thats not what he is. i personally think lebron lacks self confidence thats why he went to my miami. is that bad? many people look at it like that but i dont because i think team ball is the way that basketball was meant to be played. but im gettin off topic i think that lebron tries to be cocky off the court which carries with him to the basketball court. i think he needs to stop tryin and just do it(i think he'll get the hint sooner or later hes signed with nike lol). thats how it worked for mj, kobe, bird, magic, wilt, shaq...this list coud go on forever but you get the point. cockiness can be a good thing.

as far as whos more arrogant, i couldn't care less lol

gilly
07-06-2011, 07:59 PM

He has more rings than LeBron.

kozelkid
07-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Definition of COCKY
1 : boldly or brashly *self-confident*
2 : jaunty (stylish)

i personally think jordans cockiness is what made him great. him being too self confident is what gave him the ability to know he was going to make that play offensively or defensively. and in my honest opinion i dont think jordan or kobe are trying to be cocky thats just the way their personality is. and personally i think thats why lebron is hated by A LOT of people because its like he's trying to be cocky and thats not what he is. i personally think lebron lacks self confidence thats why he went to my miami. is that bad? many people look at it like that but i dont because i think team ball is the way that basketball was meant to be played. but im gettin off topic i think that lebron tries to be cocky off the court which carries with him to the basketball court. i think he needs to stop tryin and just do it(i think he'll get the hint sooner or later hes signed with nike lol). thats how it worked for mj, kobe, bird, magic, wilt, shaq...this list coud go on forever but you get the point. cockiness can be a good thing.

as far as whos more arrogant, i couldn't care less lol

Not disagreeing. Most greats (in anything, not just basketball or even sports in general) require some ego. Granted, as an individual, I still find MJ a prick, but he was a pleasure to watch and is one of my favorite players.

barreleffact
07-06-2011, 08:04 PM
He has more rings than LeBron.

So does Adam Morrison, Ariza, Josh Powell, DJ Mbenga, etc. Whats your point?

gilly
07-06-2011, 08:06 PM
So does Adam Morrison, Ariza, Josh Powell, DJ Mbenga, etc. Whats your point?

Someone asked who he is, so I answered their question, just as I would if someone asked 'Who is DJ Mbenga?' or 'Who is Adam Morrison?'

Hawkeye15
07-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Kobe is far more arrogant, but we have all known this a long time. However, since he has won since he came into the league, its not brought up as much. The reason I can't stand Kobe is because all I saw out of him was arrogance from day 1.

LeBron isn't as arrogant, but you can tell he is a spoiled person who has always had things given to him. I don't sense he is a person who cares about nobody but himself, and he will continue to be called out until he gets the monkey off his back and wins a ring.

barreleffact
07-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Someone asked who he is, so I answered their question, just as I would if someone asked 'Who is DJ Mbenga?' or 'Who is Adam Morrison?'
Stating WHO he is is one thing, stating he has more rings as a role player is entirely irrelevant. Rings don;t justify his claim. As a bench warmer he has no room to talk really? I mean, Horry had how many rings, but he nvr spoke about greater players.

Kobe is far more arrogant, but we have all known this a long time. However, since he has won since he came into the league, its not brought up as much. The reason I can't stand Kobe is because all I saw out of him was arrogance from day 1.

LeBron isn't as arrogant, but you can tell he is a spoiled person who has always had things given to him. I don't sense he is a person who cares about nobody but himself, and he will continue to be called out until he gets the monkey off his back and wins a ring.

How do you figure Kobe is more arrogant? I agree he is spoiled, immature, etc, but personally, I find them equally arrogant. "Check my stats" :rolleyes: If you are arguing that he isnt TRULY arrogant and actually has low self-esteem, that may be viable. But if not, I am curious how one is more cocky than the other.

nickdymez
07-06-2011, 08:19 PM
A 24 year old NBA champion?

That acting like you don't know who someone is **** gets mad old.

Get outta here.. No one knew who he was but Mavs. fans.. Stop it!

nickdymez
07-06-2011, 08:20 PM

You dont think its arrogant to pretty much say im rich and your poor so who cares what you think?

barreleffact
07-06-2011, 08:27 PM
You dont think its arrogant to pretty much say im rich and your poor so who cares what you think?

To his credit he never "blatantly" said that, but I do think that was his implication. Stunts like that do make the spoiled, actually low self-esteem but attempts to be cocky persona an accurate interpretation.

gotoHcarolina52
07-06-2011, 08:34 PM
LeBron and Kobe are both little *****es. Kobe just takes it up the *** a little bit harder.

Baldyy
07-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Kobe can take responsibility when his team loses, Lebron makes excuses. Taking responsibility even when it wasn't all your fault, as a leader, it can go a long way.

Ebbs
07-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes he is. I like and respect LeBron more than Kobe. He is the better player and has the better attitude IMO.

WVNowitzki
07-06-2011, 08:44 PM
WTF the rings have to do with being arrogant or not? Is Duncan arrogant?

Not arrogant, he's just whiny. Also, according to Tim Duncan, he's never committed a foul in his career.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Stating WHO he is is one thing, stating he has more rings as a role player is entirely irrelevant. Rings don;t justify his claim. As a bench warmer he has no room to talk really? I mean, Horry had how many rings, but he nvr spoke about greater players.

How do you figure Kobe is more arrogant? I agree he is spoiled, immature, etc, but personally, I find them equally arrogant. "Check my stats" :rolleyes: If you are arguing that he isnt TRULY arrogant and actually has low self-esteem, that may be viable. But if not, I am curious how one is more cocky than the other.

Its my personal opinion. I thought he was arrogant as an 18 year old. He just has a look on his face. I am not claiming LeBron isn't arrogant, I am saying TO ME, Kobe may be the most arrogant player I have ever seen.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2011, 08:48 PM

you don't think its petty to read into statements and come up with assumptions on what they mean with no context?

theheatles
07-06-2011, 08:54 PM
#8 was the hated accused rapest, #24 has a great work and an unbelievable turn around jumper

barreleffact
07-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Its my personal opinion. I thought he was arrogant as an 18 year old. He just has a look on his face. I am not claiming LeBron isn't arrogant, I am saying TO ME, Kobe may be the most arrogant player I have ever seen.

Interesting. It's a very viable argument. Personally, I think Kobe, Jordan, Wilt, Bird, and a few other greats were all equally as arrogant.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Interesting. It's a very viable argument. Personally, I think Kobe, Jordan, Wilt, Bird, and a few other greats were all equally as arrogant.

Can't argue with that man. I freakin loved Bird and MJ, but there are so many signs and stories about how big of an a-hole they were haha, many of which I witnessed. Kobe just happened to play for a team I didn't like, therefore I didn't like him. Matter of circumstance

Wilt, I am not old enough to have seen.

barreleffact
07-06-2011, 09:03 PM
#8 was the hated rapest, #24 has a great work and an unbelievable turn around jumper

I have no idea what a rapEST is, but I do know Kobe was found not guilty as for rape charges. Any Anyone who truly thought he was a rapIst is probably a racIst, probably an ignorant one too...but hey, even racists can respect a turn around jumper.

Hawkeye15
07-06-2011, 09:07 PM
#8 was the hated rapest, #24 has a great work and an unbelievable turn around jumper

Kobe was found not guilty, and from what I read on that trial, it was the correct verdict. Move on from that ridiculous argument to define a man who has been an awesome player for 15 years

barreleffact
07-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Can't argue with that man. I freakin loved Bird and MJ, but there are so many signs and stories about how big of an a-hole they were haha, many of which I witnessed. Kobe just happened to play for a team I didn't like, therefore I didn't like him. Matter of circumstance

Wilt, I am not old enough to have seen.

Lol on both accounts. I wasn't old enough for Wilt either. I just hear the stories of the number of women he slept with and know any man with that many women has think highly of himself. ****, I know people that get one and all of a sudden their head gets big.

gotoHcarolina52
07-06-2011, 09:11 PM
I have no idea what a rapEST is, but I do know Kobe was found not guilty as for rape charges. Any Anyone who truly thought he was a rapIst is probably a racIst, probably an ignorant one too...but hey, even racists can respect a turn around jumper.

Kobe forcing himself upon a woman was just a coping mechanism--the result of having ben Shaq's ***** for all those years.

"Hey, Kobe, tell me how my *** tastes."

Kobe: "It taste's like breakfast, lunch and dinner."

theheatles
07-06-2011, 09:18 PM

multi billion dollar industries don't want it's face of the business to be such a public disgrace esp when his marketing campaigns were peaking...when jordan was worth like $20-25 million he went into the hole for approx. $3 million gambling sports, cards and golf, he refused to pay, so wise guys hired some schmucks to kill mj's pops...

watch the 30 for 30 on mj playing baseball, the made up version is told and it's beyond sketchy...michael jordans dad doesnt get killed in his hometown for no reason

theheatles
07-06-2011, 09:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQG7EoYJNA8

b0nk
07-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Lebron's a nice guy. he let Delonte bang his mom

gotoHcarolina52
07-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Lebron's a nice guy. he let Delonte bang his mom

And then he stood by and watched Shawn Marion and Deshawn Stevenson run train on his ego.

kozelkid
07-06-2011, 09:54 PM
multi billion dollar industries don't want it's face of the business to be such a public disgrace esp when his marketing campaigns were peaking...when jordan was worth like $20-25 million he went into the hole for approx. $3 million gambling sports, cards and golf, he refused to pay, so wise guys hired some schmucks to kill mj's pops...

watch the 30 for 30 on mj playing baseball, the made up version is told and it's beyond sketchy...michael jordans dad doesnt get killed in his hometown for no reason

Once again, load of crap.
Things like these always come up. Somehow, multi-billion dollar industries can't stop guys like Lebron, Kobe, Arod, etc. from facing controversy.

MJ was in a gambling hole, but there is ZERO evidence that resulted in his father's death. That is a conspiracy. One with little proof. The same reason why the only outlets that post it are tabloids and other such nonsense's. There's a reason no self-respected journal source has ever confirmed that story, because it's garbage.

MJ might be the frontal man of Nike and other such industries, but they cannot control the press (of course they try, but a story this big would leak out). Again, you will not find any quality source making such an allegation because it's crap. Of course you would post it as fact because you enjoy baiting and posting false information.

If you are going to post this **** as fact, you better back it up with respectable sources.

C-Style
07-06-2011, 10:11 PM
there are far more arrogant players than these 2 and arent nearly as good!

Bulls_fan90
07-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Who the **** cares what Mahinmi thinks? Trust a Heatles fan to post this.

Anyway Kobe has every right to be more arrogant than The ringless one. Jordan was the most arrogant player in NBA history. So what?

DoJoTheSlasher
07-06-2011, 10:34 PM
LeBron James traveled.

DoJoTheSlasher
07-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Kobe forcing himself upon a woman was just a coping mechanism--the result of having ben Shaq's ***** for all those years.

"Hey, Kobe, tell me how my *** tastes."

Kobe: "It taste's like breakfast, lunch and dinner."

My friend's name is Ben.

IAmKira
07-06-2011, 10:40 PM

how is he charged with rape? he was accused of by sum dumb white girl who wanted money from him.

brb suck kobe off
brb brag about it
brb sum1 tell u to sue him to get money
brb listen and act like she was raped

so kobe commits adultery, wtf does that have to do wif him being a crappy person? compared to what lebron did, i honestly would say kobe is an angel. ya hes not the purest person in the world but hes one of the coolest in the NBA.

IAmKira
07-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Actually whenever i hear people on tv talk about Kobe being loved in china the first thing they mention is that they respect winners over there..So yea obviously if he were a bench guy they wouldn't care, but Kobe is HUGE in china because he's good but wins

so china likes winner. why the hell are billions of chinese ppl only nut hugging him and not jordan? why not duncan? and why not shaq?

strong ignorance bro. are u chinese by the way?

barreleffact
07-06-2011, 11:02 PM
how is he charged with rape? he was accused of by sum dumb white girl who wanted money from him.

brb suck kobe off
brb brag about it
brb sum1 tell u to sue him to get money
brb listen and act like she was raped

so kobe commits adultery, wtf does that have to do wif him being a crappy person? compared to what lebron did, i honestly would say kobe is an angel. ya hes not the purest person in the world but hes one of the coolest in the NBA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was charged with rape. Charged just means accused. Convicted means he was found guilty.

topdog
07-06-2011, 11:06 PM
O-My-G! Please come back NBA! I don't really give a crap. Here's what I do care about - every offseason we hear about Kobe doing something to improve/expand his game; meanwhile, Lebron... bricks jumpshots at a high school basketball camp? lol

nickdymez
07-06-2011, 11:14 PM
you don't think its petty to read into statements and come up with assumptions on what they mean with no context?

Really? Some of you act like your on Lebrons payroll.. Ok fine, he didnt mean it like that... We all know he's waaaayyyyy smarter than that.....:rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
07-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Really? Some of you act like your on Lebrons payroll.. Ok fine, he didnt mean it like that... We all know he's waaaayyyyy smarter than that.....:rolleyes:

please don't put words into my mouth. But if you really want to read that hard into it, that is your deal bro

MickeyMgl
07-07-2011, 12:43 AM

That's not what it looks like when the Lakers are on the road. Besides that, there's an awful lot of people in China.

Gary Reasons
07-07-2011, 12:46 AM
mahimi played like 8 good minutes in the finals, made one shot that everyone was surprised that he took and made and now he gets to speak ?

D Roses Bulls
07-07-2011, 12:47 AM
here's how i see it. kobe is arrogant but kobe has a right to be arrogant. he won 5 rings. i dont like kobe, but he can be. lebron and im not hating by this but just seems like a douche. plain and simple.

gotoHcarolina52
07-07-2011, 01:01 AM
here's how i see it. kobe is arrogant but kobe has a right to be arrogant. he won 5 rings. i dont like kobe, but he can be. lebron and im not hating by this but just seems like a douche. plain and simple.

LeBron sent your Bulls packing in 5 games. Closed your *** out. It's time to STFU, babes.

nickdymez
07-07-2011, 01:04 AM
please don't put words into my mouth. But if you really want to read that hard into it, that is your deal bro

whatever.. Sick of people making excuses for Lebron.. I dont know what you were trying to say, but if you dont think he meant it the way he said it then fine.

3ballbomber
07-07-2011, 01:04 AM
5 titles

bron has nothing

and who the hell is mahinmi?this

Raps18-19 Champ
07-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Lebron is a cool guy. So is Kobe.

They wanna be cocky? Let them. The sports world would be boring without arrogant people.

Antipod
07-07-2011, 01:12 AM
They are both ****, but i respect Kobe much more

LA_Raiders
07-07-2011, 01:26 AM
5 titles

bron has nothing

:clap::clap::clap:

zn23
07-07-2011, 01:47 AM
I have to say, you gotta earn the right to be arrogant. People calls Lakers fans and C's fans arrogant well... check the titles. They earned their right.

When you have 5 titles then yea I have no problem with Kobe Being a bit arrogant. I actually have no problem with Lebron being arrogant either with his 2 MVPs.

But Yea i am not surprised with Kobe being "more arrogant"

FriedTofuz
07-07-2011, 02:06 AM
I honestly do think Kobe is Arrogant. There are a lot of things, that many us dont see on camera. Trash talking is apart of the game, but if you do hear what kobe say, its actually quite funny. Although Kobe Is arrogant, i dont believe he is even more Arrogant.

Lloyd Christmas
07-07-2011, 02:16 AM
I have to say, you gotta earn the right to be arrogant. People calls Lakers fans and C's fans arrogant well... check the titles. They earned their right.

When you have 5 titles then yea I have no problem with Kobe Being a bit arrogant. I actually have no problem with Lebron being arrogant either with his 2 MVPs.

But Yea i am not surprised with Kobe being "more arrogant"

Celtic and Lakers fans earned their right to be arrogant? Haha.

Lloyd Christmas
07-07-2011, 02:21 AM
I believe that Lebron with no rings is more arrogant then Kobe was with no rings. Kobe is more arrogant right now but can you imagine Lebron if he wins 5 rings? He might start referring to himself in 5th person.

D Roses Bulls
07-07-2011, 04:59 AM
LeBron sent your Bulls packing in 5 games. Closed your *** out. It's time to STFU, babes.

lmao...... now this will be the excuse? hahaha....... and lebron after game 5 against the bulls must of got lost at ohare airport or something cause I dont even remember seein him in the finals :)

chong2204
07-07-2011, 05:41 AM
Im sorry But lebron is way more arrogant...I have u ever heard the brother talk..If Jesus was walking around on earth talking to people, he would be talking like how lebron talks. Lebron is no JC man.

kozelkid
07-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I believe that Lebron with no rings is more arrogant then Kobe was with no rings. Kobe is more arrogant right now but can you imagine Lebron if he wins 5 rings? He might start referring to himself in 5th person.

Win. :laugh2:

Im sorry But lebron is way more arrogant...I have u ever heard the brother talk..If Jesus was walking around on earth talking to people, he would be talking like how lebron talks. Lebron is no JC man.

Numerous reports consistently say how he always refers to himself as the "king". Guys like Kobe and MJ may be arrogant, but I don't think MJ refers to himself as "his airness" or Kobe calls himself a "bad man" or "black mamba".

eugene
07-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Why everybody think that Kobe works harder than anybody in this league? You think that R.Allen, Duncan, KG, Billups, Nash, etc., etc., etc. are not that hard working guys and has less passion to win?

Squad13
07-07-2011, 09:05 AM
All the top players are arrogant. The difference being 1. The media. Lebron James could say or do something stupid and it can literally be seen my millions of people in minutes (youtube, twitter etc...) Kobe is arrogant on the court, but he doesnt' wear things like check my stats shirts. Watch the old dunk competitions, Kobe was as arrogant as they come. Lebron of course is arrogant, he just also happens to be a bit of a tool.

3ballbomber
07-07-2011, 09:08 AM
It's truly messed up when Lebron can make someone such as Kobe Bryant look classy in comparison. :speechless:

nycsports2
07-07-2011, 09:12 AM
honestly i think this is true lol thing is tho lebron sux when it comes to handling the media kobes good at it

effen5
07-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Who cares if Kobe is....he has rings doesn't he? and not just 1, 2,3,4, but 5.

NYY 26 to 7
07-07-2011, 09:28 AM
They are both just awful. Currently LeBron is a little more hated because his bad decisions are more recent. There was a time before Kobe won a title without Shaq when every commercial out (including that one awful Sprite commercial with Kobe just talking about how awesome and hard working he is) and then the trial when everyone hated Kobe maybe more than LeBron is hated right now. The biggest issue these guys have is who lets them do these commercials where they talk about how great they are and how haters are awful. Jordan had the same chip/swag/arrogance whatever you wanna call it but publicly he created such a better brand for himself and let the company just do simple suttle things like "I wanna be like Mike". Both Kobe and LeBron have had some bad choices in the self promoting commercials they have been in where they boast about themselves. People know you work hard and are good you don't have to tell them. Kobe just never got those endorsements back since the rape trial and he has rebuilt his image on the court because of that.

Also why do we care what Ian Mahinmi says?

dodie53
07-07-2011, 10:49 AM
stfu ian

NYtilIdie
07-07-2011, 11:03 AM
He's right.

Htownballa1622
07-07-2011, 11:03 AM

First, five rings shouldn't give anyone a right to be arrogant.
There are many others who have won and not been as arrogant as kobe.

Secondly, you are being the definition of a hater. (lebron) "just seems like a douche."
Thats judging him as a person and I could counter and say i've seen many instances of him being a charitable, warm hearted guy.

Its funny that anytime theres a lebron thread the same 4-5 posters that love his name in their mouth have to say some sort of hate towards him.

Get over it.

Master Mind
07-07-2011, 11:05 AM
What's the difference between arrogance and doucheness?

Hawkeye15
07-07-2011, 11:05 AM
you guys do realize deciding who is more arrogant between these two is about as productive as trying to figure out who is hotter between Jessica Alba and Megan Fox....

They are both arrogant. Your personal preference will dictate which one you think is worse. And you won't change anyone's mind

Htownballa1622
07-07-2011, 11:18 AM
you guys do realize deciding who is more arrogant between these two is about as productive as trying to figure out who is hotter between Jessica Alba and Megan Fox....

They are both arrogant. Your personal preference will dictate which one you think is worse. And you won't change anyone's mind

Very true.I'm Just saying that success imo doesn't give ppl the"right"to be arrogant like some ppl feel

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-07-2011, 11:19 AM
:facepalm: Just...stop. You're putting yourself in a worse hole by continuing :o

How so?

Because I challenged what you said, and you don't have any evidence to back up what your saying??

It's not what you know... It's what you can prove!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-07-2011, 11:22 AM
You really don't think Jordan was arrogant? Smh

I say he's confident. Because MJ is one of the most humble athlete in sports history, who would have a reason to be arrogant.

barreleffact
07-07-2011, 11:22 AM

Hey now...that's a quality debate. If only it was NBA related it would have at least 30 pages as well as a poll and in depth statistics...including advanced statistics, media statements, and video analysis

lakersrock
07-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Who?

Crackadalic
07-07-2011, 11:43 AM
How is this a surprise. He's been like that since his younger days with shaq. Thats why I like him as a player because he backs it up.

NYY 26 to 7
07-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Hey now...that's a quality debate. If only it was NBA related it would have at least 30 pages as well as a poll and in depth statistics...including advanced statistics, media statements, and video analysis

Stupid arguement everyone knows that Jessica Alba has the MILF factor and the success over a longer career. Also more pure and a better person - she has earned the top spot. :cool: Megan Fox was kicked off transformers because of her duchiness (thats the word were using for LeBron it seems).:D

Squad13
07-07-2011, 11:49 AM

In no world is that even a debate. Anyone that says fox and her toe thumbs is a nut job.

LOOTERX9
07-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Like someone else said "so what if KOBE is arrogant" winning 5 rings would make a person kinda look down on the competition. Lebron's arrogance comes from him being *** kissed all his career when he did not win anything. So I can take KOBES arrogance cause he actually earned it. Lebrons arrogance is just him thinking he's better cause he's a multi-millionaire.

kingsdelez24
07-07-2011, 06:21 PM
they're both douche bags

and you're a raptors fan so its even

3ballbomber
07-07-2011, 07:26 PM
What's the difference between arrogance and doucheness?sometimes, nothing.

bmac_121
07-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I'd be arrogant too if I were Kobe. Every star should have that cocky, arrogant swagger.

MiamiWadeCounty
07-09-2011, 12:36 AM
First video clearly shows Kobe talking about himself in third person as the Black Mamba. To the OP, they are both equally arrogant.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Kobe-Bryant-throws-down-a-360-at-summer-c?urn=nba-wp6163

knicks4life33
07-09-2011, 12:38 AM
if you wanna die of laughter watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_LUnTQHV4c

gatkins11
07-09-2011, 01:46 AM
[/B]

:laugh2:

Rego247
07-09-2011, 02:27 AM
and you're a raptors fan so its even

What is that supposed mean?

3ballbomber
07-09-2011, 07:46 AM
I'd be arrogant too if I were Kobe. Every star should have that cocky, arrogant swagger.
don't see anything wrong with being a humble champion - if anything you're being original.

knightstemplar
07-09-2011, 09:10 PM
if you wanna die of laughter watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_LUnTQHV4c

:laugh:

TO Rapz
07-09-2011, 09:26 PM

:laugh:

Muttman73
07-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Like someone else said "so what if KOBE is arrogant" winning 5 rings would make a person kinda look down on the competition. Lebron's arrogance comes from him being *** kissed all his career when he did not win anything. So I can take KOBES arrogance cause he actually earned it. Lebrons arrogance is just him thinking he's better cause he's a multi-millionaire.

Was thinking the same thing then I read this...
LeBron has accomplished NOTHING, except maybe making half of the free world hate him

knicks_champ
07-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Who is Ian Mahinmi?
Click here -----> Ian Mahinmi (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Ian+Mahinmi)