PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Up the CBA Talk: Poll for Mods

JasonJohnHorn
07-05-2011, 05:40 PM
I know some folks have some really great ideas for CBA threads, and we do have one general discussion, but since the thread branches off into several different topics, I was wondering if the mods could post one thread for each of the key issues. For example

Thread One: Profit Sharing (from team to team)
Thread two: Hard/Soft Cap (solutions, ideas, luxury tax, ect)
Thread Three: Gauranteed Contracts
Thread Four: Sharing of basketball revenue
Thread Five: Specialized contracts (Rookie contracts, vet min, European buy-out, ect)
Thread Six: Drug Testing
Thread Seven: Rescruturing league/New league/exhibitions games/Europe

Ect....

So do you all think we should split this conversation up into several different threads? Or leave it up as one? My money is behind splitting it up so we can stay on topic and get better conversations.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2011, 05:48 PM
I think basic talk can fall under the one thread. Any news, or unique situations warrant a thread. But the board will be cluttered with 10 CBA threads if we don't keep basic talk in one single thread

SteBO
07-05-2011, 05:52 PM
It's a nice thought but I think making it fall all under one thread, as we have currently, is the best way to go. The NBA forum is one forum that can't really afford to get cluttered with threads regarding the same subject.

daleja424
07-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Ideally... it would be nice to have a thread for each topic... BUT there would not be enough interest in half of those topics to warrant entire threads for them AND it would certainly clutter the board.

JasonJohnHorn
07-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Fair enough.

gaughan333
07-05-2011, 10:59 PM
I liked the idea. I can see two major thread possibilities from his 5 or so. One about contracts, one about all money being shared in the NBA. What do the mods think about that? I don't know if 2 threads would clutter the forum too much?

Raidaz4Life
07-05-2011, 11:04 PM
More often than not I will rule in favor of combining topics into one thread over dispersing one thread into multiple topics... and this holds especially true in this situation. I just do not think there is enough discussion value to warrant the clutter it would contribute in creating.

btw Dwight-LA '11

JordansBulls
07-08-2011, 01:30 PM
More often than not I will rule in favor of combining topics into one thread over dispersing one thread into multiple topics... and this holds especially true in this situation. I just do not think there is enough discussion value to warrant the clutter it would contribute in creating.

btw Dwight-LA '11

:p or Dwight to - Chi.