PDA

View Full Version : What will Marc Gasol do? Any thoughts??

mzgrizz
07-04-2011, 12:24 PM
As he is/was our #1 priority to resign before the lockout, he is my biggest concern . Obviously as a Spaniard, he must have some desire to play in Spain, maybe for his old club. As a man who has lived in the USA off and on since he was in high school, maybe he is not so willing to chance leaving and then trying to get back. Heisley was willing to pay him(on record as such) but if Marc leaves, THAT will be the mark of the man and Heisley said he'd play IF MARC WANTED TO PLAY IN MEMPHIS.
Happy 4th to all of you!

MrfadeawayJB
07-04-2011, 03:46 PM
I would hope Gasol stays in Memphis.... I am not concerned with him playing for any other team in the NBA. I know Heisley will match any offer he gets, so thats not a concern for me. I dont see him going back to Spain, seeing that he has played professionally over there. I see Marc as the opposite of Pau Gasol. Pau kind of cooled down on Memphis, and left on not so good terms. Marc might be the one who wants to stay, be loyal, and be beloved by Grizz fans.

mzgrizz
07-04-2011, 06:43 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^ Man I hope you are right

MrfadeawayJB
07-04-2011, 08:09 PM
haha me too....he is a solid big to build around...i hope heisley signs him to a 6 year deal, then after that expires, try to sign him cheaper since he will be getting older

mzgrizz
07-06-2011, 11:42 PM
^^^^^^^^ Sounds good to me !! I'd like to keep him for 10 more years

murphturph
07-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Do you think Gasol is more interested in signing the biggest possible contract with a crappy team or sign for a bit less with the Grizz?

MrfadeawayJB
07-11-2011, 12:16 PM
^^^
I think the grizz will be able to match the biggest contract available (assuming we shed OJ's contract). He is a competitor, so if its only a difference of 1-2 mil a year, i could see him wanting to stay with a solid team.

icon1914
07-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Do you think Gasol is more interested in signing the biggest possible contract with a crappy team or sign for a bit less with the Grizz?

Its not really up to him... He has now, when the lockout is over, entered restricted free agency. His price will be what the league decides he is worth... so if some "crappy team" thinks he is worth a max deal, he will get it... and Memphis will have the choice to match...

I'm sure Memphis chose to wait to resign him this off season in hopes the new CBA might make it a bit more cost effective... but some team will drive the price up on Gasol... Mark my words...

MrfadeawayJB
07-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Its not really up to him... He has now, when the lockout is over, entered restricted free agency. His price will be what the league decides he is worth... so if some "crappy team" thinks he is worth a max deal, he will get it... and Memphis will have the choice to match...

I'm sure Memphis chose to wait to resign him this off season in hopes the new CBA might make it a bit more cost effective... but some team will drive the price up on Gasol... Mark my words...

this may be true, but i am not too worried about it...marc will be in a grizz uniform next year imo

mzgrizz
07-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I believe when this is all down, that Marc will get a nice payday from Heisley and the lovefest with this Gasol brother will continue.

IndiansFan337
07-11-2011, 11:31 PM
He will re sign with the Grizz when the lockout ends.

Hellcrooner
07-12-2011, 12:30 AM
the question is, if marc wants to leave will the fo accept a sign and trade or will they just match and keep him as a dsigruntled player?

i can see wantin not only the money but the TOUCHES and other teams can offer him that.

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2011, 12:41 PM
the question is, if marc wants to leave will the fo accept a sign and trade or will they just match and keep him as a dsigruntled player?

i can see wantin not only the money but the TOUCHES and other teams can offer him that.

I understand your point, but i think marc will be completley happy in memphis. With the possible departure of OJ Mayo, and the impressive playoff showing Marc had, i am sure a bigger effort will be made to give Marc touches. He had a decent amount of touches last season, but often deferred the shot to other players (this makes grizz fans upset at times)... the money is not really too much of a issue in this situation imo... However if marc absolutley did not want to play for the grizz, i could see him in a sign and trade situation, but only as a worse case scenario. With Marc having a very high value right now, we would get a solid return (i have heard some say they would rather have Marc than Pau, but im not touching that one yet). I just dont see Marc wanting to leave. There is a bright future here in memphis, and Marc is a big part of it. Marc's touches will be increased, but it is up to marc to take the shots that are presented to him.

mzgrizz
07-12-2011, 11:41 PM
^^^^ Well said, fadeaway.....Marc needs to be a bit more greedy

Hellcrooner
07-13-2011, 09:27 PM
^^^^ Well said, fadeaway.....Marc needs to be a bit more greedy

not much tough, if he gets TOO greedy he will want out to Toronto to be main man :p

MrfadeawayJB
07-13-2011, 09:56 PM
not much tough, if he gets TOO greedy he will want out to Toronto to be main man :p

I think she meant greedy as in take more shots not more money. But even if he wanted to go to Toronto and be the "main man" good luck with that. They would not even be in the playoffs, and if they did they would be bounced early, not allowing Toronto to get very good picks in a draft. Marc will never be a #1 option, Pau has already proven that he can't and he is more skilled than Marc. Marc is a better #2 or #3 guy on a good team.

mzgrizz
07-13-2011, 11:31 PM
I think she meant greedy as in take more shots not more money. But even if he wanted to go to Toronto and be the "main man" good luck with that. They would not even be in the playoffs, and if they did they would be bounced early, not allowing Toronto to get very good picks in a draft. Marc will never be a #1 option, Pau has already proven that he can't and he is more skilled than Marc. Marc is a better #2 or #3 guy on a good team.

Correct ! Greedy for shooting more.
Besides he's a warm blooded Catalonian;what the heck would he want to freeze his *** off in Canada for??? And NOT make playoffs as fadeaway has suggested to boot. Come on hellcrooner; be a GRIZZ fan again

Hellcrooner
07-16-2011, 01:22 AM
^ once he gets enough touches to score 20 ppg. :p

MrfadeawayJB
07-16-2011, 02:16 PM
He touched the ball nearly every possession last season so i dont see that being a problem

mzgrizz
07-16-2011, 11:38 PM
^ once he gets enough touches to score 20 ppg. :p

You got it ; he gets 10 touches and scores 20. It's a deal..................... !!!!!!