PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Kirilenko: "I can play entire next season in Europe"

69centers
07-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Is your priority staying in NBA?

I'm in a better situation that the players who have valid contracts with NBA teams. If the lockout ends they will have to return to their teams. As a free agent I can play the entire next season in Europe, or even more than one season.

Could we speak of official offers you have in your hands?

So far I don't have any official offers. This is just the second day I'm unemployed. There are five-six clubs I would be interested in playing for. I will hear out all offers and then make up my mind. Team targets, the league they play in will all be important factors. I'm in good shape and going through my basketball peak, so I would like to play on a high level. I think I still have three-four years. What I consider highest level? NBA or Top Euroleague teams. I can shine there.

Do you have offers from NBA teams?

Not yet. And I can't have any from now on because clubs can't talk to players during a lockout.

Are you considering returning to Russia?

Due to the lockout I have the opportunity to play for my friends, relatives and Russian fans who live in Russia. They would love to see me playing in Russia. Of course I'm not considering only Russia, but for example ACB too. That's the strongest European league. I would like to test myself there.

Link (http://www.talkbasket.net/5806-kirilenko-i-would-like-to-play-in-acb.html)

NYKalltheway
07-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Kirilenko with Rudy at Real Madrid... or Kirilenko at Tau Vitoria (aka Caja Laboral)

Interesting season :)

jimbobjarree
07-04-2011, 10:30 AM
I honestly think even without the lockout, AK still would have headed back to Europe.

llemon
07-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Hope AK does play a full season in Europe, and takes himself out of the Nets equation.

JerseysFinest
07-04-2011, 02:14 PM
BS, he'll be a New Jersey Net whenever the lockout is over. He talks with the Nets owner frequently and dines with him, and he is good friends with the Nets' point guard.

llemon
07-04-2011, 02:26 PM
BS, he'll be a New Jersey Net whenever the lockout is over. He talks with the Nets owner frequently and dines with him, and he is good friends with the Nets' point guard.

Damned shame.

JerseysFinest
07-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Damned shame.

How so? Very solid player, can do a lot on the court. Bonus fact, I think he's the leader of quintuple doubles in this century

jimbobjarree
07-04-2011, 02:40 PM

The hearsay was that AK was one of the happier members of the Jazz when they traded Deron. He hadn't liked Deron's attitude for a while, and felt that Deron left him out of the offense at times. I don't think AK to the Nets is this foregone conclusion many people think it is.

thephoenixson28
07-04-2011, 02:43 PM
So the only people that come out losing is the fans.

Players could still go out and make millions without the nba

Owners wont budge unless there is paycutts and hard cap but still go on making millions.

There is going to be a long lockout, and if anything i see owners losing more than players.

JerseysFinest
07-04-2011, 02:45 PM
The hearsay was that AK was one of the happier members of the Jazz when they traded Deron. He hadn't liked Deron's attitude for a while, and felt that Deron left him out of the offense at times. I don't think AK to the Nets is this foregone conclusion many people think it is.

That could be the case, but the NBA's only Russian owner isn't going to pass up the opportunity to acquire the NBA's only Russian player.

llemon
07-04-2011, 02:47 PM
That could be the case, but the NBA's only Russian owner isn't going to pass up the opportunity to acquire the NBA's only Russian player.

And make Deron unhappy?

jimbobjarree
07-04-2011, 02:50 PM

AK has made his money, he said he is going to just choose the best situation for him and his family. Everything he has said indicates to me that he will go to Russia during the lockout and just stay there longterm. He has spoken about returning to Utah, but I don't see why Utah would want him now they're rebuilding.

llemon
07-04-2011, 02:50 PM
How so? Very solid player, can do a lot on the court. Bonus fact, I think he's the leader of quintuple doubles in this century

Not crazy about him as a player, especially a SF.

mzgrizz
07-04-2011, 03:32 PM
I honestly think even without the lockout, AK still would have headed back to Europe.

this

JerseysFinest
07-04-2011, 03:43 PM
And make Deron unhappy?

We don't actually know if he really doesn't want him. If he doesn't want him so be it, there are other guys on the market.

Chill_Will_24
07-04-2011, 04:09 PM

Timofey Mosgov says hello

Hellcrooner
07-04-2011, 04:55 PM
he was already considering going to Cska even before the Lockout.

Its a fact that Nba is only a good place for euros if you are in an allstar position ( dirk, Parker, Pau....) or being a role player in a ring winning team ( peja, vujacic last two seasons etc)) to be a role player in a team that cant win the ring its not worht when you can earn the SAME or MORE money in europe being a STAR and winning Championships ( cups, national and euroleague=

NYKnicksAllDay
07-04-2011, 05:09 PM

Yep, tied at zero with everyone else.

llemon
07-04-2011, 05:14 PM

He meant half-doubles.

Having 5x5 games. 5 assists, 5 points, 5 rebs, 5 steals, 5 blocks

NYKnicksAllDay
07-04-2011, 05:27 PM
He meant half-doubles.

Having 5x5 games. 5 assists, 5 points, 5 rebs, 5 steals, 5 blocks

Ahh I see. Thought he meant 10x5 games. Or 5x10. However you say it.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-04-2011, 05:44 PM

Naw he'd be a Net if there was no lockout.Remember there is that good old Rusian conection their with owner being a from Russia.

llemon
07-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Naw he'd be a Net if there was no lockout.Remember there is that good old Rusian conection their with owner being a from Russia.

In Sept. 2007, Deron Williams publicly questioned Kirilenko's work ethic.

JerseysFinest
07-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Timofey Mosgov says hello
He had the chance to sign him, but he thought he wouldn't be that good. AK47 and Proky dine all the time, they talk a lot.

I mean 5x5 sorry.

In Sept. 2007, Deron Williams publicly questioned Kirilenko's work ethic.
I've heard rumors that Deron didn't really like him here and on other sites. A player I could see the Nets go after is Prince, former Team USA teammate and fits the bill at the 3 spot for the Nets.

llemon
07-04-2011, 10:19 PM
He had the chance to sign him, but he thought he wouldn't be that good. AK47 and Proky dine all the time, they talk a lot.

I mean 5x5 sorry.

I've heard rumors that Deron didn't really like him here and on other sites. A player I could see the Nets go after is Prince, former Team USA teammate and fits the bill at the 3 spot for the Nets.

To me, Tayshaun is exactly who Nets should go after, so long as he's doesn't cost more than $5.8 mil per over 3 years, with a 4th year team option.

But that all could be moot depending on the new CBA.

NYKalltheway
07-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Kirilenko has been saying he'd probably return to Europe in 2011 for the last 2 years, him dining with Prokhorov has nothing to do with his career future. You also said it, he's been the only Russian in the league, it's only natural that he'll befriend the only Russian owner (then came Mozgov who I assume would have the same relation had he stayed in NY and Nets move to Brooklyn)

JordansBulls
07-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Kirilenko with Rudy at Real Madrid... or Kirilenko at Tau Vitoria (aka Caja Laboral)

Interesting season :)

He may have done this with a lockout or not.

llemon
07-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Real Madrid turns down AK. Say he wants too much money.

NYKalltheway
07-09-2011, 12:57 PM
He may have done this with a lockout or not.

I've known about Peja and AK47 wanting to play 2011-12 season in Europe for the past 2 years man :p

jiggin
07-09-2011, 01:06 PM
if i were an owner and one of the players I had under contract said this, I would say...ok good. go ahead. Don't let the door hit you on the way out...its not like this costs the owners anything. In fact, it just shows how hard it is for players to get a job outside of the NBA...they have travel and lots of inconveniences, and only the star players are getting the opportunity, which is the minority in the league.

...and good luck coming back to that old contract and collecting if you end up hurt over there with anything significant.

The players have all the risk...and there is really no down side for the owners with this...

NYKalltheway
07-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Kirilenko DOES NOT want to return to the NBA... enough with your stubbornness on the issue, you've flooded eleven threads with all these hatred on players getting to play and get to earn some nice money during the lockout...