PDA

View Full Version : Will A Season Lockout Ruin Lebron Beating Out Kobe In Points Milestones?

towlsmoke420
07-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Lebron is always beating out a milestone , usually kobe's (except rings, sorry that was to easy) But will this lockout effect lebrons chance of capturing kobe's milestones

also this lockout will effect kobe's milestones. Kobe already missed mandatory 32 games for the last lock out. Add that with a possible 82 this season. Kobe will have missed 104 games die to lockouts.

This sucks for both kobe and lebron

THE GIPPER
07-04-2011, 02:30 AM
wow i feel so bad for them....

sventhedog
07-04-2011, 02:48 AM
if lebron didn't choke in every finals game or every 4th quarter, he'll be a lot closer.

YourTeamSucks
07-04-2011, 03:04 AM
doesnt matter durant will beat out those records anyways

Lakers + Giants
07-04-2011, 06:04 AM
if lebron didn't choke in every finals game or every 4th quarter, he'll be a lot closer.

playoffs and season pts are counted separately. . .

faridk89
07-04-2011, 07:13 AM
who cares about milestones man, you really think these guys play basketball to beat each others milestones?

Stupid fans like you who rank players (top 10, top 15, top 50) after every playoff game make these forums stupid... you can't judge a player based on how many points he scored, if Lebron wanted to shatter milestones in terms of points and other stats you really think he would sign with miami (obviously not)

and in terms of rings, if Lebron gets half of what kobe already has he'll have a successful career

Tom Stone
07-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Of course alot people hate Lebron....me included............But I think people would have died the hate down a bit.....if he would have apologized to the cavs for screwing them over out of free agency, and writing off there season.....the ******** Decision....he never completely said he was sorry for how he handled the situation.....that's why the hate will keep growing......oh well back to the life and the same problems I had yesterday....thanks Lebron

knicks4life33
07-04-2011, 02:10 PM
lol kobe went through a lock out also youngster where they missed half a season and kobe didnt even start his rookie year like lebron

Yunqn
07-04-2011, 02:30 PM
lol kobe went through a lock out also youngster where they missed half a season and kobe didnt even start his rookie year like lebron

thats kobe's problem..dont sit there and act like kobe was avg 30 when he played his 1st or 2nd yr...

and lebron could break almost every scoring record if he wanted to play like a scorer instead of a playmaker..

but i agree with the guy way above..

durant will own the points record..because out of those three players.. he doesnt need a physical skill to score a point.. just a acting one to get to the line -_-

llemon
07-04-2011, 02:30 PM
I think this should be one of the main issues of the NBA Labor negotiations.

jiggin
07-04-2011, 02:33 PM
already had lebron beating kobe huh? homer much?

I think lebron will ruin that all on his own.

jiggin
07-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Of course alot people hate Lebron....me included............But I think people would have died the hate down a bit.....if he would have apologized to the cavs for screwing them over out of free agency, and writing off there season.....the ******** Decision....he never completely said he was sorry for how he handled the situation.....that's why the hate will keep growing......oh well back to the life and the same problems I had yesterday....thanks Lebron

it goes beyond that...he acts like a immature douche just about every chance he is given to speak publicly. The dude is a immature child in a mans body.

He and his attitude don't deserve the attention he gets...and it goes STRAIGHT to his head and has since he was PRAISED in high school.

nasthemasta
07-04-2011, 03:04 PM
I think this should be one of the main issues of the NBA Labor negotiations.

bakakaka

JasonJohnHorn
07-04-2011, 06:16 PM
I was thinking about this myself. It would hurt Kobe's a little more. Kobe had a slow start in the league and didnt get warmed up until his fourth season. LBJ has scored 20+ every season in the league, and 25+ I think for pretty much ever season since his rookie year. He could take a season long hit (Jordan took a few of those and is still pretty high on the list).

Still, I want to see these great young players play when they are healthy and got game. A lock out would be a crying shame!

ttam68
07-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Learn English and ask a real question

Vee-Rex
07-04-2011, 06:54 PM
No, Lebron deciding to become Wade's ***** is the part that will ruin his points milestones.

TrueFan420
07-04-2011, 06:58 PM
i get why you bring up kobe an all but im sure bron wants to be the all time scoring leader and that title doesnt belong to kobe

metsbulls1025
07-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Who cares?

Sly Guy
07-04-2011, 07:07 PM
LeBron won't come close to Kobe.

championships
07-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Lock out or not, It won't happen anyway so really no need to worry about it much.

sventhedog
07-04-2011, 09:45 PM
playoffs and season pts are counted separately. . .

i know that. but if you were lebron, would you stop scoring in the finals just because you were chasing kobe's season stats? or vice versa?

does it really matter if it was the season or playoffs, if you can score, why the hell would you stop doing it?

lebron fans inherited his uncanny ability of blaming something else for his failures. the mavs shut him down, and he says mavs defense shut him down. now there's a lockout, the lockout shut him down? please don't tell me lebron's dog dying will be next.

zn23
07-04-2011, 11:29 PM
I just checked and in order for LeBron to miss out on the "youngest to" milestone he'll most likely have to miss two full seasons plus play badly.

At age 26 LeBron has 17,362 points, Kobe had 14,034...

So yea... One missed season won't make any difference he'll still break Kobe's records.

DR_1
07-04-2011, 11:36 PM
I don't really care. Kobe already has his legacy, and as for LeBron, do I need to explain?

DeyAce
07-04-2011, 11:41 PM
No, Lebron deciding to become Wade's ***** is the part that will ruin his points milestones.

:clap:

evadatam5150
07-05-2011, 12:01 AM
it goes beyond that...he acts like a immature douche just about every chance he is given to speak publicly. The dude is a immature child in a mans body.

He and his attitude don't deserve the attention he gets...and it goes STRAIGHT to his head and has since he was PRAISED in high school.

Yeah pretty much this.. Peeps can say everyone is just jealous or hating on poor James but the sad truth is James is his own worst enemy and doesn't endure anyone to his cause because he's a PR nightmare.. Simply put dude doesn't know when to shut his pie hole.. And yes yes yes... Basically Milestones aren't going to change a thing for James at this point as far as public perception is concerned..

Gram
07-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Who cares?

Afridi786
07-05-2011, 02:00 AM
Only Kobe & Lebron homers even care.

Saad
07-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Only Kobe & Lebron homers even care.

And the DRose homers have nothing productive to say when the thread isnt about Drose. If you dont care dont reply to the thread..

And Like someone said. Kevin Durant is gonna beat both of them so it doesnt really matter.

championships
07-05-2011, 02:23 AM
And the DRose homers have nothing productive to say when the thread isnt about Drose. If you dont care dont reply to the thread..

And Like someone said. Kevin Durant is gonna beat both of them so it doesnt really matter.

Not with westbrook on his team chuckin up shots. Westbrook doesn't want to give up the ball to Durant.

Squad13
07-05-2011, 08:31 AM
I was thinking about this myself. It would hurt Kobe's a little more. Kobe had a slow start in the league and didnt get warmed up until his fourth season. LBJ has scored 20+ every season in the league, and 25+ I think for pretty much ever season since his rookie year. He could take a season long hit (Jordan took a few of those and is still pretty high on the list).

Still, I want to see these great young players play when they are healthy and got game. A lock out would be a crying shame!

Slow start? He was drafted at 17 and played behind an all-star in Eddie Jones. :laugh:

Tom Stone
07-05-2011, 09:00 AM
I don't give a dam about Lebron's milestones..............I think it was my breaking point where he danced across the floor when his team was up 30 on the bulls....And Noah was the only one to tell Lebron off.....Noah is off the hook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCAME0WWzpw&feature=related

Lakers211221
07-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Uh, Kobe will miss out on the season too and Kobe was 5th in scoring last year so I don't see how the lockout gives Kobe any advantage

mttwlsn16
07-05-2011, 09:36 AM
doesnt matter durant will beat out those records anyways

:facepalm:

sventhedog
07-05-2011, 11:26 AM
doesn't really matter. he had so many dogs in cleveland - mike brown, mo williams, etc. but then he decided to be wade's puppy. cool!

jp611
07-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Kobe also missed half a season too and Kobe would miss this season as well

:laugh:

Lebron homers :pity:

MTar786
07-05-2011, 09:30 PM
thats kobe's problem..dont sit there and act like kobe was avg 30 when he played his 1st or 2nd yr...

and lebron could break almost every scoring record if he wanted to play like a scorer instead of a playmaker..

but i agree with the guy way above..

durant will own the points record..because out of those three players.. he doesnt need a physical skill to score a point.. just a acting one to get to the line -_-

no lebron is not talented enough as a scorer to break every scoring record. it was even proven in the finals lebrons skill set offensively is VERY limted.
Firstly, he doesnt even have a go to move. unless you count the crab dribble.
seconly, he doesnt have many moves at all. he cant post. All he will give you is driving and a jumper every now and then. Dallas also exposed lebron with the zone defense. lebron was the first player I can remember who was not only contained but ALSO SHUT down.

as for ur comment about durant being the only one who doesnt rely on his physicality to score.. what does kobe rely on then? kobe is pure too and very tricky. his footwork goes unmatched too. durant only dreams of footwork like kobes. And lebrons mind doesnt even allow him to dream of such nice footwork

ps. I do agree though. durant could go down as te most points scored in nba history

Now to stay on topic. If anything, Its unfair to kobe for having to deal with TWO nba lockouts.
No one cares though

jrm2054
07-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Lebron won't pass Kobe with or without a lockout

bulls leakage
07-06-2011, 12:19 AM
everything in this thread is great proof of how terrible the NBA forum is

JordansBulls
07-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Lebron is always beating out a milestone , usually kobe's (except rings, sorry that was to easy) But will this lockout effect lebrons chance of capturing kobe's milestones

also this lockout will effect kobe's milestones. Kobe already missed mandatory 32 games for the last lock out. Add that with a possible 82 this season. Kobe will have missed 104 games die to lockouts.

This sucks for both kobe and lebron

Don't see why this would be a big deal here.