PDA

View Full Version : Euro league the new NBA?

TRF929
07-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Posting on another thread got me to think of this.

Euro players will now play for their country and sign Americans to their team.

What countries would be contenders, signing the better talent of the NBA?

Germany- Dirk, Kaman
France- Parker, Batum, Diaw, Beaubois, Turiaf
Argintina- Manu, Scola, Delfino, Nocioni
Brazil- Nene, Splitter, Varejao, Barbosa
Canada- Nash, Dalembart
China- Yao, Yi
Dominican Republic- Horford, Garcia, Villanueva
England- Deng, Gordon
Israel- Casspi
Italy- Bargnani, Belinelli, Gallanari
Jamaica- Hibbert
Spain- Gasol, Gasol, Calderon, Fernandez

There's some others as well, but not really big names.
I excluded Players born outside US but represent the US nationally (eg. Duncan and Boozer)

What country could bring in most US talent and actually be World Champions?

ULT WARRIOR408
07-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Posting on another thread got me to think of this.

Euro players will now play for their country and sign Americans to their team.

What countries would be contenders, signing the better talent of the NBA?

Germany- Dirk, Kaman
France- Parker, Batum, Diaw, Beaubois, Turiaf
Argintina- Manu, Scola, Delfino, Nocioni
Brazil- Nene, Splitter, Varejao, Barbosa
Canada- Nash, Dalembart
China- Yao, Yi
Dominican Republic- Horford, Garcia, Villanueva
England- Deng, Gordon
Israel- Casspi
Italy- Bargnani, Belinelli, Gallanari
Jamaica- Hibbert
Spain- Gasol, Gasol, Calderon, Fernandez

There's some others as well, but not really big names.
I excluded Players born outside US but represent the US nationally (eg. Duncan and Boozer)

What country could bring in most US talent and actually be World Champions?

Let me correct you onna few things my brotha.Charlie Villanueva is Dominican but he was raised on American soil,there for making him an American citizen.I beleive he was born in NY as well.

Tim Duncon is from S.T. Croix,U.S.-Virgin Islands which makes him a citizen as well.

Now to answer your question historically American players who fail to catch in the NBA tend to play pro-ball in Greece,France & Italy.So I'd say it be 1 of those countries.

It'll never happen though b/c America is so glorified overseas that its the dream of many imigrents to move to the U.S. & become famous or successful 1 way or another.

DE9394
07-01-2011, 07:58 PM
no

Rosh
07-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Insurance issues for international teams signing American players will most likely derail this.

FriedTofuz
07-01-2011, 08:04 PM
If this can occur, Spain would probably be the best team.

Tmath
07-01-2011, 08:06 PM
No Lithuania?

Geargo Wallace
07-01-2011, 08:09 PM
won't happen

TRF929
07-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Let me correct you onna few things my brotha.Charlie Villanueva is Dominican but he was raised on American soil,there for making him an American citizen.I beleive he was born in NY as well.

Tim Duncon is from S.T. Croix,U.S.-Virgin Islands which makes him a citizen as well.

Now to answer your question historically American players who fail to catch in the NBA tend to play pro-ball in Greece,France & Italy.So I'd say it be 1 of those countries.

It'll never happen though b/c America is so glorified overseas that its the dream of many imigrents to move to the U.S. & become famous or successful 1 way or another.

Letting you know, I'm not saying any of these guys aren't American citizens, and yes I know about Tim Duncan. But the guys I posted could play for their country and not the US, some may have mulitiple citizenships, like I do. Here's the link I got info from, Wiki may be wrong on some things but its info none the less

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_NBA_players

And once again I'm not saying it'll happen but if it did, what would be the odds for the different countries

NYKalltheway
07-01-2011, 08:23 PM
What does EuroLeague have anything to do with a bunch of countries and the NBA? Confusing title

ULT WARRIOR408
07-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Letting you know, I'm not saying any of these guys aren't American citizens, and yes I know about Tim Duncan. But the guys I posted could play for their country and not the US, some may have mulitiple citizenships, like I do. Here's the link I got info from, Wiki may be wrong on some things but its info none the less

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_NBA_players

And once again I'm not saying it'll happen but if it did, what would be the odds for the different countries

I like the link.Interesting info.And if you remember I gave you an answer as well bruh.

jimbobjarree
07-01-2011, 11:32 PM
No Lithuania?

valancuinas isnt on the roster for lithuania for some reason. I was looking forward to another Kanter rape of Valanciunas in the euro championships, but it doesnt like it will happen now :sigh:

Rego247
07-01-2011, 11:46 PM
valancuinas isnt on the roster for lithuania for some reason. I was looking forward to another Kanter rape of Valanciunas in the euro championships, but it doesnt like it will happen now :sigh:

que? Val is playing in the Eurobasket championship in August, and so is Kanter by the looks of it. Lithuania and Turkey are in the same group. I feel bad for Enes cuz Jonas is gonna beast his *** come August.

lakers4sho
07-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Dominican Republic, Israel, and Jamaica are all playing in the "Euro league"? Nice :cool:

....wait am I missing something here or did Europe get 10x bigger??

I'm not even going to get to the "Euro league" part :laugh:

NYKalltheway
07-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Israel is a part of sporting Europe for obvious reasons ;) But the rest is a joke too

And don't expect to see Kanter and Valanciunas play for more than 5-8 minutes per game in the EuroBasket :p

ne3xchamps
07-02-2011, 09:10 AM
cool story bro.

iliketurtles24
07-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Dominican Republic, Israel, and Jamaica are all playing in the "Euro league"? Nice :cool:

....wait am I missing something here or did Europe get 10x bigger??

I'm not even going to get to the "Euro league" part :laugh:

hahaha

Duddy
07-02-2011, 09:29 AM
I always thought I, as a brazilian, lived in South America. And BTW, Dalembert is haitian. This thread i so wrong...

NYKalltheway
07-02-2011, 09:31 AM
I lol'd when I re-read the OP... Countries apparently have to SIGN players :laugh2:

danidin
07-02-2011, 09:35 AM
I lol'd when I re-read the OP... Countries apparently have to SIGN players :laugh2:

yea i dont get it to:facepalm:

Israel, are playing in the "Euro league"?

yes.

ertanozgur
07-02-2011, 09:38 AM
and Turkey : Hedo , Mehmet Okur , Ersan Ilyasova , Omer Asik , Semih Erden and Enes Kanter

flyguys36
07-02-2011, 09:42 AM
where's all the the timofey mozgov love at?

Hellcrooner
07-02-2011, 10:12 AM
someone does not understand at all what Fiba , Euroleague , country teams, country leagues are.....

dtmagnet
07-02-2011, 10:38 AM
I always thought I, as a brazilian, lived in South America. And BTW, Dalembert is haitian. This thread i so wrong...

He's a Canadian citizen though, he played for our national team.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-02-2011, 11:55 AM

You're right he is Hatian,he was born in Haiti but like many Haitians he was raised in Montreal,Quebec,Canada.So he's a citizen of both country's.:)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2011, 01:55 PM
this is really confusing