PDA

View Full Version : Cap'n Jack states Bucks giving him a contract extension is 'mandatory'

llemon
07-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Gotta say, Stephen Jackson is almost as entertaining as Latrell Sprewell

jimbobjarree
07-01-2011, 02:12 PM
legend

Hawkeye15
07-01-2011, 02:33 PM
I did find it ironic that the Bucks shipped off Maggette for Jax to help solve "chemistry" issues. Um, Jax is the definition of a chemistry issue

Carey
07-01-2011, 02:34 PM
I love Jack but seriously, he's 35 now, how does he figure a deal is mandatory. Play basketball and show you can beat the heavy odds of decline in play. The money will follow if so.

NYKnicks4511
07-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I did find it ironic that the Bucks shipped off Maggette for Jax to help solve "chemistry" issues. Um, Jax is the definition of a chemistry issue

Jax has a reputation as a great teammate and leader, I think most of the chemistry issues he's experienced is with coaches, or any form of authority really.

Hugbees
07-01-2011, 02:42 PM

You don't know Jax! The man is great to have on a team, plays hard everytime he steps on the floor and supports his teammates. Hell..that was the reason why he got involved in the Palace brawl. If a man wants to get paid, it doesn't mean he's a bad teammate. You wouldn't?

llemon
07-01-2011, 02:44 PM
You don't know Jax! The man is great to have on a team, plays hard everytime he steps on the floor and supports his teammates. Hell..that was the reason why he got involved in the Palace brawl. If a man wants to get paid, it doesn't mean he's a bad teammate. You wouldn't?

So Bucks should give him the extension?

SteBO
07-01-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't know about that. The Bobcats were very happy to have him, but I know where you get this from. His tenure in Golden State wasn't very good, and I heard he didn't leave San Antonio on the greatest of terms either, though I really don't have a clue about that time period.

Hustla23
07-01-2011, 03:01 PM
It would be mandatory to NOT give him an extension. He's old and sucks.

MrfadeawayJB
07-01-2011, 03:10 PM
i would only sign a guy his age to 1 yr deals anyway....its not like he is elite

210Don
07-01-2011, 03:44 PM
i love jack

smith&wesson
07-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Jax has a reputation as a great teammate and leader, I think most of the chemistry issues he's experienced is with coaches, or any form of authority really.

I don't know about that. The Bobcats were very happy to have him, but I know where you get this from. His tenure in Golden State wasn't very good, and I heard he didn't leave San Antonio on the greatest of terms either, though I really don't have a clue about that time period.

his tenure in golden state was great until the end and thats mostly on don nelson who he gets on every ones nerves .. b davis, al harington, steve jackson, monta ellis.. all had problems with him at one point and the only one left of them is ellis due to being young. don nelson destroyed what could have been a really good team at the time. remember this was the team that upset the heavy fav's in a series vs dallas .

he left the pacers in the worst of terms.. due to the mallace. and his time with the bobcats has been pretty insignifigant.

he is 35 now and is in no position to make these demands. specially with this lock out going on. its just unreasonable imo.

SteBO
07-01-2011, 04:11 PM
his tenure in golden state was great until the end and thats mostly on don nelson who he gets on every ones nerves .. b davis, al harington, steve jackson, monta ellis.. all had problems with him at one point and the only one left of them is ellis due to being young. don nelson destroyed what could have been a really good team at the time. remember this was the team that upset the heavy fav's in a series vs dallas .

he left the pacers in the worst of terms.. due to the mallace. and his time with the bobcats has been pretty insignifigant.

he is 35 now and is in no position to make these demands. specially with this lock out going on. its just unreasonable imo.
I don't know how I forgot about his Indiana ending and you're right on point here. Good post.

TrueFan420
07-01-2011, 04:12 PM

this

Ollie Tabooger
07-01-2011, 06:14 PM
We're just destined for doom. Oh well, at least we got rid of Maggette and Salmons. And btw, Jackson's 33.

Kashmir13579
07-01-2011, 07:18 PM

I always thought in the right situation he's good enough to be a number 2 on a championship team. (Keywords: right situation)

Another great talent who will never be great due to mental incapacity.

FriedTofuz
07-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Jax is too old now to be asking for an extention. Hes still a great player and can still contribute, but i wouldnt give him an extention. Maybe if his gm was Kevin pritchard, he may get an extention. Just like how marcus camby got a two year extention.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Stcak-Jack needs to calm down & realise that he landed in a good situation.He's on a team with Jennings & Bogut plus theres other good playerson that team as well.With Jackson they could be a force.

Jackson needs to just shut his mouth & just go with the flow.Play out his contract & the rest will work its self out.

DoMeFavors
07-01-2011, 08:18 PM
I always thought in the right situation he's good enough to be a number 2 on a championship team. (Keywords: right situation)

Another great talent who will never be great due to mental incapacity.

If Jackson teamed up with Dwight that still isnt a championship team. He can be third or 4th best on a championship team but not 1st or 2nd.

Kashmir13579
07-01-2011, 08:53 PM
If Jackson teamed up with Dwight that still isnt a championship team.

You're absolutely right, Jack and Dwight standing by themselves on a court isn't a championship team.

D-Will4Prez
07-01-2011, 11:03 PM
He's 33 years old, 28-30mil over 3 years is not too much to pay for a guy of his calibur. His age isn't even starting to show yet so idk why that's an issue.

king4day
07-02-2011, 01:45 AM
He's 33 years old, 28-30mil over 3 years is not too much to pay for a guy of his calibur. His age isn't even starting to show yet so idk why that's an issue.

Agreed.
I think he just wants stability now.He'll take the Bucks to the playoffs. He led the Bobcats to their only playoff appearance. Great get for Milwaukee.

hgtiger32
07-02-2011, 02:08 AM
i'm calling BS on this one. no source? come on now. plus Jax said he's going to play at least 2 more years and then see where he's at.

LakersIn5
07-02-2011, 02:18 AM
bucks should give him a 6 year 60 dollar extension

king_of_limbs
07-02-2011, 02:27 AM
http://8.asset.soup.io/asset/2091/4200_0c27.gif

C-Dub
07-02-2011, 11:24 AM
It would be mandatory to NOT give him an extension. He's old and sucks.

yea someone who averages 15+, 5+, and 5+ every year and is a great leader really sucks. i think having him on the bucks will create a lot of ball movement and oppurtunities for other players, plus Jax can play point too so BJ can play off the ball more if he wanted.. and Jax can guard like 3 positions.. such a bad player

WolvesJagsOs
07-02-2011, 11:32 AM

Agree completely. I think Sjax is what they need in Milwaukee.

llemon
07-02-2011, 12:27 PM
yea someone who averages 15+, 5+, and 5+ every year and is a great leader really sucks. i think having him on the bucks will create a lot of ball movement and oppurtunities for other players, plus Jax can play point too so BJ can play off the ball more if he wanted.. and Jax can guard like 3 positions.. such a bad player

And he'll demand a trade two weeks after he signs the extension.

THE MTL
07-02-2011, 04:20 PM
There's a lockout buddy.

Lake_Show2416
07-02-2011, 06:46 PM
who the hell is Stephen Jackson & who cares wut he wants, he makes enough money

Chronz
07-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Yea but players get a rap for actions like this, Maggette is in fact a supreme pro with a strong work ethic, who despite playing with bad coaches (including don) has always fallen in line but he's been miscast as a villain. Compared to jacko i rather have maggette.

You still have to be realistic or else you end up like spree.