PDA

View Full Version : Time for David Stern to step down?

Wade>You
06-30-2011, 03:37 PM
With the league in a lockout and nearly everyone dissatisfied (owners, players, fans), is it time for David Stern to step down?

asandhu23
06-30-2011, 03:46 PM
**** you, stern. you have lead NBA to two lockouts in your "career". **** you.

Bruno
06-30-2011, 04:14 PM
If we lose an entire season, his position needs to be reconsidered. He's getting up there, and has been doing this since the mid 80's; he's had a nice run.

If he can't lead the owners and players through this successfully, somebody else might be able to.

JordansBulls
06-30-2011, 04:16 PM
I agree, we need new flavor. Maybe wait till Barack Obama's term is up for president and come be the commish since he loves bball.:)

Sadds The Gr8
06-30-2011, 04:19 PM
yes please. i hate stern

central2003
06-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Kevin Johnson would have been great as a NBA commissioner. Its really time for Stern to step down, he runs the NBA with a lawyer's mentality which is something you do not do because lawyers are only in it to make money.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-30-2011, 04:46 PM
no

COOLbeans
06-30-2011, 10:27 PM
yes

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Yes. Barack do something about this.

ManRam
06-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Besides the simple fact that this is a terrible time for anyone with power and importance to step down, I think ultimately the league is better off if the owners and Stern get some of what they want compared to if they don't.

Yes, the owners and league got themselves into this mess, but that doesn't overrule the fact that players have way to much power in this league. The cap needs to be hard, not $45M hard, but harder than what it is now. There needs to be a way where small market teams have a shot...and make money. There needs to be more competitive balance. The league will not grow as much as it can if the same teams keep winning. Stern knows what's best for this league, regardless of what you think.

There will have to be bargaining. Both sides will have to give, but Stern needs to get through this first. If he stepped down now, the sanctity of the league would be in jeopardy.

So basically, for the slow people, I'm a "no"...not right now.

thenetslegend
06-30-2011, 10:37 PM
its time for a change. he rigged so many drafts ;)

Kyle N.
06-30-2011, 10:40 PM
God yes! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, ManRamForPrez24 I have no idea what that gif image is but I like it.

NBA_Starter
06-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Yes, nobody likes that guy!

NBA_Starter
06-30-2011, 10:43 PM
ManRam for Commissioner!

WorldWideJames
06-30-2011, 10:47 PM
I like Stern. I think he has done a lot for the league.

ManRam
06-30-2011, 10:48 PM

I agree. Fans are so whiny and moody, but he has done FAAAAR more good for the league than bad...

ManRam
06-30-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm sure half the people voting "yes" can't actually articulate why besides "nobody likes him".

Kyle N.
06-30-2011, 10:52 PM
^Seriously though. Who is that in your sig? Ha ha.

NBA_Starter
06-30-2011, 10:55 PM

True but he's also done some not so good.

ManRam
06-30-2011, 10:56 PM
True but he's also done some not so good.

Such as...

I'm just curious. I don't disagree that he has done bad...but I'm curious to see people here compare and contrast the good vs. bad.

Matrix3132
06-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Kevin Johnson would have been great as a NBA commissioner. Its really time for Stern to step down, he runs the NBA with a lawyer's mentality which is something you do not do because lawyers are only in it to make money.

Obviously Stern is just in it to make money, he represents the owners (many of which have been losing money for quite some time). Sadly, the NBA like all major sports leagues is a business. Some people seem to think that it's some sort of government charity in place to entertain the public.

Bishnoff
06-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Yes, I believe he's lost control.

Bring in some fresh blood to freshen up the league.

PhxGiant
06-30-2011, 11:11 PM
With the owners and players arguing about money I'm curious about how much money Stern makes from the leaugue? And if he himself would make any profit? I'll be honest and say I don't know much about the business side outside of player contracts and the salary cap. But I voted yes because I feel it's time for a more youthful commissioner who can grow with the league because the NBA culture is definitely changing.

Snakeyestx
06-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Stern's done a lot of good for the league in the past, but to be honest, his time is up and he's a bit out of touch with the modern NBA.

I think before all this lockout nonsense started, I recall an interview where he was absolutely adamant that there will be no new expansion teams in the forseeable future. Why the hell not? This is becoming such a global market, and so many good players and journeymen don't make it past the draft which could easily fill the rosters of maybe 10 more teams across the nation. Seattle wants a team again, Kansas City can easily support one just as well as OKC has, and there are probably several others (like Anaheim for instance) who'd take the plunge.

I think just because he can't find a buyer for the Hornets without relocating them to another city (another thing he adamantly opposes), he won't allow other, more than capable cities with proper venues and fanbases to have their own teams.

Couple those two stances with this lockout business and it's obvious he's pretty inflexible. Maybe it's time for a fresh face with a fresh perspective on a vastly expanding global game.

Edit : Just remembered... he (Stern) should have taken a stand and made changes about the usage of instant replays for more than just the final 2 minutes of the halves as well. Soooo many games this year were basically lost on blown calls or bad ones that could have easily been corrected had the officials used the replay.

KnicksR4Real
06-30-2011, 11:15 PM
**** Stern. His time is done.

sixer04fan
06-30-2011, 11:24 PM
I agree, we need new flavor. Maybe wait till Barack Obama's term is up for president and come be the commish since he loves bball.:)

:facepalm:

sixer04fan
06-30-2011, 11:24 PM
As long as Adam Silver isn't the replacement... That guy really creeps me out.

Bryrob58
06-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Haters... He's nothing special but there could be far worse.

sixer04fan
06-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Such as...

I'm just curious. I don't disagree that he has done bad...but I'm curious to see people here compare and contrast the good vs. bad.

First let me say I think Stern should go. But for answering your question - one of the many good things he's done for the NBA is to help the globalization of basketball. Whether or not he deserves the credit, he has always been a huge advocate of increasing the NBA's influence around the world, which has definitely happened during his reign as commissioner. Now, one could argue that it's kind of had a bad effect... I'll relate it to the US policies - too much focus and money spent overseas while the country is suffering at home. Kind of similar in a way if you think about it.

sixer04fan
06-30-2011, 11:32 PM

Yeah maybe he can increase the debt ceiling for teams and send the whole league into bankruptcy.

12evolution 9
06-30-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm sure half the people voting "yes" can't actually articulate why besides "nobody likes him".

i was just about to ask those that dont like him... WHY...

i hear a lot of people not liking him ... but i dont see any reasons why,...

is it cause he is accused of rigging the NBA product... who knows...

btw these ****ing owners sucks.... most of em not all... Douch or no Douch.... DOUCH

Bryrob58
06-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah maybe he can increase the debt ceiling for teams and send the whole league into bankruptcy.

... Zing.

Crackadalic
06-30-2011, 11:44 PM
I guess Roger Goodell needs to step down too:rolleyes:

Its the owners fault for this mess. Not Stern. I don't like him but he is far from the problem. Its not his fault guys like Eddy Curry makes 11+ mil to eat at Burger King. The only thing he has done wrong is allow this broken system to be in place in the 1st place. If he steps down now a lot of people and fans are gonna look at this the wrong way and turn away from the NBA

ManRam
06-30-2011, 11:59 PM
I agree with the last few posts...

Please, someone tell me why Stern should step down. How is this his mess?

He's a scapegoat to you all, I get it.... I'll ignore the crazy accusations of game fixing (they are crazy), but besides that, why should he step down. I fully feel he's done far more good than bad.

Lockouts aren't necessarily one side's fault. It's bargaining and negotiations. Both sides need to compromise for the sanctity of the league. The owners ****ed up, but the players have to realize that they have to give a little to make this work.

The Stern-hate is a joke IMO. Criticize him a little, that's fine, but treating him as the scapegoat is an utter joke.

LOOTERX9
07-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Damn you Stern and this lockout. How can they be this stupid after a great season they do this dumb ****!!!!! Stern and owners are killing all momentum the league has got past few seasons. They better not miss any games, *** HOLES

NYKnicks4511
07-01-2011, 12:09 AM
As long as Adam Silver isn't the replacement... That guy really creeps me out.

Word up dude I'd make him play teenager to my Robert Kelly, that guy is a waldo.

ManRam
07-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Still waiting for a reason as to why this is all Stern's fault...

Still waiting as to a reason why he should step down...

I feel like I'll be waiting a while. People just blame him for everything, without looking into anything...

kjoke
07-01-2011, 12:27 AM

I feel like I'll be waiting a while. People just blame him for everything, without looking into anything...

Isn't he Jewish?

Jk. With that being said Stern has been better than the 3 other major commishs.

LOOTERX9
07-01-2011, 12:34 AM

-Well 2nd NBA lockout under Stern
-Referee scandal under Stern
-Dumb *** Rule changes under Stern ( Ticky tac fouls, Awful Technical fouls, can't play defense without whistle blowing. Games are free throw shooting contests, Suspending players who leave a foot of the bench during a fight in playoffs)

All under Stern!!!!

JordanPippen
07-01-2011, 12:34 AM
If Stern steps down, his deputy commissioner Adam Silver is most likely to resume the position. Adam has been David's lapdog for who knows how long. Not much to look forward to.

JordanPippen
07-01-2011, 12:37 AM
-Dumb *** Rule changes under Stern ( Ticky tac fouls, Awful Technical fouls, can't play defense without whistle blowing. Games are free throw shooting contests, Suspending players who leave a foot of the bench during a fight in playoffs)

All under Stern!!!!

To be fair, this is nothing considering he's been running the league for over 30 years. There's obviously going to be some scandals and issues. However, he has globalized the game of basketball and has been one of the catalysts to bring it to level of other major sports here in America.

ManRam
07-01-2011, 12:39 AM

All under Stern!!!!

-Lockouts aren't always bad. They fix the big problems that exist.
-Donaghy was a rogue. No other scandal has ever proven significant. Kings maybe, but besides that, every time someone cries foul about fixing games, they get proven wrong.
-Name the actual fouls. I agree that the technicals implemented last year for showing up referees was dumb...but with that said, the NBA has become a league full of cry babies and primmadonnas. Besides that, I don't mind any rule chances he's mad.

knicksfan42
07-01-2011, 12:45 AM
I guess Roger Goodell needs to step down too:rolleyes:

Its the owners fault for this mess.. Its not his fault guys like Eddy Curry makes 11+ mil to eat at Burger King.

I love how you blame the owners and then mention Eddy Curry. Its interesting, because Eddy Curry was at one point a pretty good center, one of the best in the league in fact. He averaged 19.5 PPG and 7 RPG on 57.6% shooting while playing 81 games, so for that season at least Eddy Curry was a top center. Now 11 million might seem like a bit much, but centers are scarce and if he was going to perform in future seasons the way he performed that season then it may very well have been worth it. Unfortunately injuries crippled his career if only the goddamn owner used his crystal ball to foresee Curry's injuries and immense drop in production.

mttwlsn16
07-01-2011, 12:56 AM
yup **** u david stern

3ballbomber
07-01-2011, 01:26 AM
um....Stern created this monster he is now trying to destroy. He allowed it to get to this point of chaos. He won't budge until he gets what he wants. If a system isn't working the source is usually from the top.

barreleffact
07-01-2011, 01:38 AM
People bring up Stern's "globalization" of the NBA as if he is the only one that could have done it. Just because it happened with him doesn't make it special. I don't like him due to his practices. Manram, Tim D was not a rogue ref. Joey Crawford is terrible, and many of the refs make blatant false or no calls in every game. Can't name them because IDC a refs name, but Joey was huge after the Duncan incident and Stern brought him back. Stern didnt change his refs or validate that they are legit. Histories of rigged series are immense. 06 Mavs, Kings are the biggest two. Games are constantly affected by these refs. Lebron's 1st playoff win came from an OBVIOUS travel but was uncalled. I understand the dress code. I think it was a great idea and great market for professionalism. I don't like the interviews. You force players to give interviews after intense games, but fine them for criticizing terrible officiating. They get fined left and right for dumb things. If the refs are jacked up, they should be held accountable but they never are because Stern has his own agendas. Basically, Stern has done nothing unique to me. He's over-expanded the league and wants to add international teams. WHY? This is an american thing. Globalization is good for business, but terrible on those affected. Flights to London aren't quick. It would slow the pace of the league. They never address the issues of price,. More money could be made if things were affordable. Basically, I see Stern as a mini-Hitler type figure head that rules with an iron fist but less effectively. He rode the success of Jordan and desperately tried to make Kobe and Lebron the air apparents, but that was short lived. 2 lock-outs down is enough. Get rid of Stern! How can you mismanage a monopoly? Stern found a way.

Kobes a Killer
07-01-2011, 01:41 AM

**** ya, couldn't have put it better myself, he's a true cancer to the game

TrueFan420
07-01-2011, 02:07 AM
With the league in a lockout and nearly everyone dissatisfied (owners, players, fans), is it time for David Stern to step down?

your a little late to the party buddy

Bucsfan
07-01-2011, 02:28 AM
he looks tired, Im not 100 percent sure if this is the best time, but its either now or after this stuff

SportsFanatic10
07-01-2011, 02:34 AM
i hate stern i just find him annoying as hell. only commish i hate more is the nhl guy bettman hes like a bobble head doll when he talks.

TopsyTurvy
07-01-2011, 03:02 AM
I vote no to booting Stern on the grounds that he needs to be tied to this new CBA/union busting affair regardless of what the league ends up doing. Ousting him now would be akin to letting a fish off the hook.

ManRam
07-01-2011, 09:04 AM
ESPN's 5-on-5. Note: not one person mentions Stern.

2. Who's to blame: the owners or the players?

Kevin Arnovitz, Heat Index: Neither. Was this conflict avoidable? Sure. But this is a process in which billions of dollars are at stake in a business with financial uncertainty. Owners have legitimate gripes about the current structure, but the players are operating on reasonable principles as well and have already capitulated on significant issues.

Bret LaGree, Hoopinion: No one will be to blame unless we lose games. It's perfectly acceptable, at this time, for both sides to negotiate aggressively toward their own best interests.

Rob Peterson, Hardwood Paroxysm: The owners. Let's put it this way: If someone offered you $66 million for six years of work would you turn it down? I didn't think so. The owners don't have to give marginal players ridiculous deals. The owners do it because they're competitive, but they can't keep themselves in check, so they shift the blame to players for accepting millions.

Chris Sheridan, ESPN.com: The owners. They should be milking this opportunity through the holiday weekend, making side wagers amongst themselves on whether Billy Hunter gives them another $400 million, $500 million, or whatever, then they settle it Sunday or Monday with $1 billion in their wallets and hope the NFL stays in a work stoppage. They are punishing their product at the most inopportune time, and picking a fight against what were loyal employees.

Timothy Varner, 48 Minutes of Hell: Blame implies wrongdoing, but in what way is this a moral issue? Neither the owners nor players are acting immorally toward one another; they're bargaining, which is a perfectly natural business process. Are the fans the objects of wrongdoing? If so, then the owners and players each share some small measure of blame, but it's limited. Basketball is not yet lost.

I agree with Kevin the most. Timothy makes good points too.

Bubba313
07-01-2011, 09:39 AM
As to why Stern needs to go..

For one I can't find anyone who actually likes this guy, he's a pompous ********. Why would anyone in the union want to negotiate with him? And do the owners even take this guy seriously he is a joke.

Two, he has no control over the owners. He wants to admit that he ****ed up on the last CBA and that's reason to totally dick over the players this time. If he had the owners all on a unified front then they wouldn't of lost the last lockout so badly. There's an internal fight between the small-market and large-market owners that he cannot control. IMO he's more worried about settling that argument than he is the CBA with the players.

barreleffact
07-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Stern also rigs the lottery.

Dwight as a Shaq replacement
Lebron to his hometown
Rose to his hometown despite ridiculous odds
Magic
Clev. winning this season miraculously after Lebron leaves
The list goes on.

cheetos185
07-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Isiah thomas should replace stern haha

Sly Guy
07-01-2011, 10:19 AM
I can get along with everything Stern's done in a business sense, but basketball-wise, he's a moron.

JCOtts
07-01-2011, 10:46 AM
All businesses during the last few years have lost money, what makes nba owners different. They want the players to pay for their bad business decisions. I am sorry but David Stern is a large d*** with ears.

Tom Stone
07-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Besides the simple fact that this is a terrible time for anyone with power and importance to step down, I think ultimately the league is better off if the owners and Stern get some of what they want compared to if they don't.

Yes, the owners and league got themselves into this mess, but that doesn't overrule the fact that players have way to much power in this league. The cap needs to be hard, not $45M hard, but harder than what it is now. There needs to be a way where small market teams have a shot...and make money. There needs to be more competitive balance. The league will not grow as much as it can if the same teams keep winning. Stern knows what's best for this league, regardless of what you think.

There will have to be bargaining. Both sides will have to give, but Stern needs to get through this first. If he stepped down now, the sanctity of the league would be in jeopardy.

So basically, for the slow people, I'm a "no"...not right now.

Right on brother.....players don't care what's fair for our league...all they care about is money...and the people that support them are even worse than the players.

barreleffact
07-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Right on brother.....players don't care what's fair for our league...all they care about is money...and the people that support them are even worse than the players.

lmao. says someone who apparently supports the owners that are Billionaires and chose to own a team. One-third to 80% of the "estimated" losses are losses from owning the team. Why the hell should an owner expect to make more money than it cost to buy the team each year? I mean they have to pay like 40mil and expect to make 50. Thats where the losses come from. They want the team to pay for itself. Thats backwards logic because if it was that profitable the team never would have been sold

BigCityofDreams
07-01-2011, 11:18 AM

Just like the owners

emjay524
07-01-2011, 11:48 AM
http://deadspin.com/5816870/exclusive-how-and-why-an-nba-team-makes-a-7-million-profit-look-like-a-28-million-loss

without even getting into a silly argument over David Stern, anyone who still thinks the NBA isn't rigged, ask yourself this question:

If Tim Donaghy is a rogue criminal and according to David Stern, "you can't believe anything he says", then why was he arrested and why did he serve time? For lying about something that never happened?

It's really that simple...if he was found guilty, and he was telling the truth about all that, then we can conclude that Donaghy DOES IN FACT TELL THE TRUTH...as to individual statements made by Donagy - believe whatever you want that is up to you! but LOGIC CONTROLS!

if it's a fact that he tells the truth, then it's a fact that he is capable of telling the truth, and it's FALSE that "you can't believe anything he says"

the commish uses faulty logic to try and pursuade those who fail to grasp how logic works........which is apparently a (frighteningly) large number of people

Sly Guy
07-01-2011, 12:06 PM

All under Stern!!!!

I'd say this is about it. I don't like stern for how he handles the officiating aspect of basketball. Rule changes or refs or discipline, it doesn't matter. Stern rules like a dictator, curtailing the 'fun' in the game by banning tweets, outlawing objections to the officials, basically anything that puts criticism on him. Egomania is not a trait required for the comish position.

todu82
07-01-2011, 12:10 PM
He's been a good commisioner for the NBA, before he came along the NBA was heading down a slippery slope due to drug use, he curbed that. Still the guy is getting complacent and I think it's time for him to go.

mickybrneyes20
07-01-2011, 12:16 PM

That way he can bankrupt the country and the NBA in 1 big swoop. Brilliant idea! :facepalm:

FriedTofuz
07-01-2011, 12:27 PM

Why did you qoute Career? David stern is the commisioner of the nba, he makes millions of dollars, so i dont see why you would qoute career :laugh2:

FriedTofuz
07-01-2011, 12:30 PM
I dont understand why many of you want him out. have you been alive to see what other commisioners did? If not, you cant really say hes a bad at what he does. Im sure other commisioners have done things for better revenue and may have rigged the league too, they just havent got caught.

barreleffact
07-01-2011, 12:36 PM
^ Very true, but if they weren't caught it is probably because they were less obvious with it....and the internet wasn't around to instantly expose everything.

FriedTofuz
07-01-2011, 12:39 PM
^ Very true, but if they weren't caught it is probably because they were less obvious with it....and the internet wasn't around to instantly expose everything.

Exactly. People are acting like a commisioner change will make the nba better. Its their job to generate revenue, and they will do some rigging at one point or another. All of them would.

LakersIn5
07-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Fu stern

LakersIn5
07-01-2011, 01:50 PM
FU to the whiny owners. every team started from scratch and only those teams dedicated to winning actually wins. it is the weak teams fault that they are weak because of bad front office decision. and whats so tiring to see same teams over and over again? so its tiring to see teams which are more dedicated to winning playing for the championship again and again?

hard cap wouldnt solve parity among teams. FO talent does. in the 60s cap wasnt a problem so it would seem like that most teams will have a chance but the celtics still dominated that decade. BECAUSE THEIR FRANCHISE HAVE BETTER MANAGEMENT THAN OTHERS AND THEY ARE SIMPLY BETTER.

the franchises moves are the road to success it doesnt really mean that you have to spend. the spurs are the best example.

some other proof.. out of the final 4 teams last season. 3 of which are in the bottom 15 of team salaries.

miami at 17th, oklahoma at 25th and chicago at 26th..

so yeah. owners suck dick!

OWNERS SHOULD NOT HAVE OFFER THOSE HUGE GUARANTEED CONTRACTS! THEY KNOW THAt PLAYERS TALENTS ARENT GUARANTEED ALSO SO WHY OFFER THEM THAT CONTRACT IN THE FIRST PLACE? AND NOW THEY ARE COMPLAINING? WTF?

3ballbomber
07-02-2011, 01:18 AM

All under Stern!!!!
This.

on top of that stern has made it difficult for players to show any emotion on the court with the new technicals rules. he has also made it so officiating have absolute power over players, making it easy for referee's to take over games rather than allowing a game to be played (making it easier to rig games with minimal complaints). nba looks more and more like a dictatorship.

Delfiffer
07-02-2011, 01:21 AM
All those who voted "no" must be homers

Astronaut
07-02-2011, 01:32 AM
I can't wait to see who wins the NBA Titles when Stern leaves ....

gotoHcarolina52
07-02-2011, 01:58 AM

I voted for the guy and I'd do it again given the dearth of any viable Republican candidates, but Commissioner of the NBA is one of the most significant offices someone can have. We need someone who's qualified for the job. Winning a nation-wide popularity contest alone doesn't make you fit to run the NBA.

Kinkotheclown
07-02-2011, 10:19 AM

I second that and add... you greedy, lying douche bag, you are going to ruin the league because of your shortsightedness.

ne3xchamps
07-02-2011, 10:36 AM
peace out stern. **** you before you single handily ruin the league. **** you stern!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-02-2011, 11:18 AM
peace out stern. **** you before you single handily ruin the league. **** you stern!

I knew that was coming from you lol.

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-02-2011, 11:48 AM
I love the shots @ Obama without really having an educated opinion on what he's done for the country. I'm not even a hardcore supporter and these comments are comical. I guess people dont understand how politics work. I'm sure if he can guide the country slowly but surely out of the beloved Bush's mess I think he could be the commissioner for the NBA. Anway, enough of that. I dont like Sterns bully tactics and how he's made the game a soft crybabies game. The NBA used to be a rough physical sport that created rivalries and somewhat bitterness towards other teams. It was war out there. Now it's a scoring free-throw fest. Just like his 3point line experiment and the charge circle. Lets get back to that physical brand of basketball. The playoffs used to be like the regular season back in the day with the intensity level. Playoff basketball was on a whole other level

NBAFans11
11-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Like if you agree:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Step-Down-David-Stern/289266617771165?v=wall

Wade>You
11-08-2011, 03:33 PM
What is David Stern paid to do exactly?

I can't believe the owners are willing to pay him $23 mil /yr salary but have a problem paying the players an avg of $5mil/yr.

Mudvayne91
11-08-2011, 03:34 PM
I absolutely despise this man.

smith&wesson
11-08-2011, 03:57 PM
meh, i dont really think its sterns fault. and i agree with manram, now is not the time

Tom Stone
11-08-2011, 04:54 PM
It's time to let the players speak.....I don't think the players really know just how bad, decertification will be.....that silly claim, they can file about the NBA owners not negotiating in good faith......so let me see, they are going to try to claim that the owners should be happy to lose money, and force them to comply........right, that is insane......no lawyer will take that case......the other implications will be no season, excepting a much worse deal later, what do they think ....if I hold out long enough, the owners will come to a relization.....hey maybe I don't mind always losing to a broken system and losing money.......again very insane thought process........Trust me players take the deal !......they have zero leverage.....and the union's pride is going to cost them a lot of money !

PhillyFaninLA
11-08-2011, 04:58 PM

I thought you liked the NBA and wanted the league to still exist. This idea tells me otherwise.

topdog
11-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I'd like to see Stern gone, but now would be the absolute worst time to do so. The owners are taking a stand and getting what they more-or-less want/need. The offseason after a deal is struck, I'd be a "yes."

Tom Stone
11-08-2011, 05:37 PM
I think it's funny that people think it's David Stern's idea for this David Stern's idea for that, it's a collective group of thinkers and sports enthusiasts that come up with courses of actions for the CBA, or rule changes that get applied.....he's just the messenger, and a great litagator.......just trying o shine some light on you shrubs.

Mudvayne91
11-08-2011, 05:40 PM
The NY Patrick Ewing debacle on draft day years ago, his quotes of his ideal matchup would be the Lakers vs Lakers in the finals, the biased refs towards teams that make the most $. That's why I hate him.

aztr0
11-09-2011, 12:58 PM
No.