PDA

View Full Version : Nene opting out

asandhu23
06-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Make it happen, l@cob

ULT WARRIOR408
06-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Oh I hop we can get this guy in a Warriors uniform.

Kdirt
06-30-2011, 11:11 AM
would have to be a sign n trade, somebody take biedrins

ULT WARRIOR408
06-30-2011, 11:20 AM
^^I can see that happening for some reason.

rocketman0621
06-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Be nice to see him as a starter on opening night. But who would Denver want in return? Udoh and Monta maybe...If Amundson opts out that gives us an extra 2.4 mil something to offer. Thoughts?

likemystylez
06-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Be nice to see him as a starter on opening night. But who would Denver want in return? Udoh and Monta maybe...If Amundson opts out that gives us an extra 2.4 mil something to offer. Thoughts?

Ummm he opted OUT! who the heck cares who denver wants in return???? if the warriors have the money- they just sign him. Kinda like the clippers did with b diddy.

rocketman0621
06-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Kinda nice to know that with JWest, BMyers, new coaches & owners willing to spend $$$ most FAs see the Dubs as a green pasture destination now unlike the Cohan era :)

likemystylez
06-30-2011, 11:28 AM
this is a real chance for lacob and the new front office to differentiate themselves from the cohan era on a potential move that makes a significant difference in the wins and losses of the team.

rocketman0621
06-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Ummm he opted OUT! who the heck cares who denver wants in return???? if the warriors have the money- they just sign him. Kinda like the clippers did with b diddy.

Oh that sounds even better. Hopefully Lacob & Co throw a boatload of $$ on him before someone else does (or before the new salary cap on the new CBA kicks in which I heard is only 45 mil). I feel good about this one though :pray:

ULT WARRIOR408
06-30-2011, 11:33 AM
this is a real chance for lacob and the new front office to differentiate themselves from the cohan era on a potential move that makes a significant difference in the wins and losses of the team.

This...:clap:

Well said Adrian this might be your best post yet.:up:

ninerrider80
06-30-2011, 11:35 AM

Honstly I see him signing with us outright to a backloaded contract.....listening to larry riley, he is our target. I think bob myers being in the picture is going to be very valuable in getting this guy. Imo there will be a clause in the new cba to waive a bad contract and beans 9 mil will come off the books.

My prediction

Curry/jenkins/lin
Ellis/thompson/williams
Wright/thompson/mle defensive minded wing
Lee/udoh/adrien
Nene/udoh/tyler

sfattahian
06-30-2011, 11:55 AM
If we fail with Nene, I'd like to get David West and move David Lee to the bench as a 6th man.

warriors10
06-30-2011, 12:02 PM
i really doubt we r going to get nene due to uncertainity in the cap room...but love to see him on the team.

likemystylez
06-30-2011, 12:23 PM
If we fail with Nene, I'd like to get David West and move David Lee to the bench as a 6th man.

an 80 million dollar bench player. Nice. I dont see that happening

likemystylez
06-30-2011, 12:24 PM
i really doubt we r going to get nene due to uncertainity in the cap room...but love to see him on the team.

is there a team in the league that doesnt have the same uncertainty? why would that ONLY limit the warriors chances of getting Nene. last I checked- the lockout was a league wide thing and not just pertaining to the warriors.

WestCoastSportz
06-30-2011, 12:25 PM
I hate to the pessimist, but Nene is 29 years old and not getting any younger. He's tasted what it feels like to be in the hunt, so why would he sign with a non-playoff team. He'll more than likely seek a championship caliber team or one that is in a big market like New Jersey.

He was set to make $12M this year if he didn't opt out so he'll probably be expecting an extension somewhere in that neighborhood for long term. Something in the lines of a 5 year deal for $65M-$75M. Is Nene really worth that much? The guy is a career 12 points, 6.9 rebounds and .09 blocks a game player. His best season to date was 3 years ago when he averaged 14.6 points and 7.8 rebounds. He's never been a good rebounder or shot blocker and thats a tad disturbing for an athletic, 6'11 guy.

esscobar05
06-30-2011, 12:26 PM

seriously? That would not be too smart..

GSP
06-30-2011, 12:43 PM
We get Nene we are playoff bound ...this is the kind of acquisition which will be a shot in the arm for the Warriors !!!

Thatruth32
06-30-2011, 12:55 PM
get it done!

WestCoastSportz
06-30-2011, 12:58 PM
We get Nene we are playoff bound ...this is the kind of acquisition which will be a shot in the arm for the Warriors !!!

For Nene, thats not a guarantee. They said the exact same thing about David Lee when they got him last Summer.

likemystylez
06-30-2011, 01:04 PM
For Nene, thats not a guarantee. They said the exact same thing about David Lee when they got him last Summer.

well what attainable front court player would you recomend the warriors go after? Or do you just suggest that the warriors accept being a mid 30s team and not try to do anything to improve... other than trade monta for garbage so they will be a 25 win team except with a starting two guard who is over 6 5?

I mean if they want to upgrade their front court... nene has to be a priority for them.

Giantwarrior
06-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Nene is looking to get 60-70mil payday. We dont have the cap space. our best bet is to do a sign and trade.

steveweve
06-30-2011, 02:38 PM
This will be the decision for the new owners that shows us if their serious about making us a competitive team. Please get it done. That lineup would look great
Curry
Monta
Wright
Lee
Nene

likemystylez
06-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Nene is looking to get 60-70mil payday. We dont have the cap space. our best bet is to do a sign and trade.

How could nene know what he is looking for without a new salary cap in place. I mean if they drop the hard cap to 50 million, than it will take a hall of famer to get over 10 million a year.

likemystylez
06-30-2011, 02:44 PM
also- all the warriors would offer in a sign and trade is beidrins, I say the nuggets would rather let nene walk and take a stab at dalembert and david west or something.

djeller1139
06-30-2011, 03:43 PM
I'd love Nene, but it all depends on the price.

If he's going to be that expensive, I'd rather make a push for Gasol or Jordan - especially if we have to do a S&T anyway.

Lloyd Christmas
06-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Nene S&T for Lee?

GSP
06-30-2011, 04:59 PM
In terms of skill level Lee is very very good, the problem with the warriors is that they are not a physical team, obiviously size is one part of the reason therefore Nene brings that element of physical prowness and should be a perfect model for Udoh. I also feel we have a team of Good guys, at times it is important to have a guy with a chip on the shoulder like a barnes, like JR smith in terms of craziness, Captain Jack till he went crazy and many others.. we are a soft team currently ..

WestCoastSportz
06-30-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm not saying that Nene won't improve this team, but the question is...how much better would they be? 5 wins? 10 wins? That would make them a borderline playoff team.

warriors10
06-30-2011, 05:40 PM
is there a team in the league that doesnt have the same uncertainty? why would that ONLY limit the warriors chances of getting Nene. last I checked- the lockout was a league wide thing and not just pertaining to the warriors.

What i meant is whether we will have enough to sign him

likemystylez
06-30-2011, 05:43 PM
What i meant is whether we will have enough to sign him

dpends who else we sign. If we made al thornton our number 1 priority... we would easily be able to sign him.

Bayareaboy
06-30-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm a little uncertain on something say we sign nene. Would we still be able to resign Thornton and williams to send us over the hard cap?

GSRaider
06-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Need it to happen

likemystylez
06-30-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm a little uncertain on something say we sign nene. Would we still be able to resign Thornton and williams to send us over the hard cap?

ummm hard to say considering we have no idea what nene will make or what the hardcap will be.... but why are you concerned about reggie williams al thornton... LOl those are the same guys that we had on a losing team last year

Bayareaboy
06-30-2011, 07:49 PM
ummm hard to say considering we have no idea what nene will make or what the hardcap will be.... but why are you concerned about reggie williams al thornton... LOl those are the same guys that we had on a losing team last year

Well I originally would have liked to keep Reggie then we drafted Thompson who is basically Reggie but an inch taller and I thought Thornton was a good bench player and smart just wasn't smart enough to play him. I liked his aggressiveness and high energy when on defense and when he got hyped up on offense

Bayareaboy
06-30-2011, 07:52 PM
I mean I wouldn't b hurt if they were gone just I'm thinking it's cheaper to keep them instead of searching for there replacements

ULT WARRIOR408
06-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Well I think Nene would be the perfect guy to play PF for us for a few years with Tyler backing him up & learnig from him as well then eventually taking over for him as our starting PF.

allvalleychamp
06-30-2011, 08:39 PM
i like Nene but he's not the type of player the Warriors should overpay- if he signs for Biedrens money he'll be valuable but D. Lee money I think we should target other options

PatelJ1010
06-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Lockout has happen!

ninerrider80
06-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Personally I dont care if we overpay him or get him at a discount as long as we get him.....its not my money!!

Hes exactly what this team needs to get us over the hump....he has a lowpost game, hes big, strong, tough, makes his freethrows, he can run......get it done lacob!!!

likemystylez
06-30-2011, 11:15 PM
i like Nene but he's not the type of player the Warriors should overpay- if he signs for Biedrens money he'll be valuable but D. Lee money I think we should target other options

name some???

steveweve
06-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Lockout :(

WestCoastSportz
07-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Personally I dont care if we overpay him or get him at a discount as long as we get him.....its not my money!!

Hes exactly what this team needs to get us over the hump....he has a lowpost game, hes big, strong, tough, makes his freethrows, he can run......get it done lacob!!!

Sounds like you're just going by what other people are saying. Nene makes his free throws? He's a career 67% shooter from the line. Hardly a sure thing at the line. Even Andris shot 62% from the line in a season. He's strong and tough but he still only gets less than 1 block per game. He's not what this team needs.

Lloyd Christmas
07-01-2011, 01:42 AM
^ He does have a back to the basket game which we haven't had in 15 years. I do agree that a defensive center might be a better fit especially with Curry and Monta starting. Maybe Dallas won't be able to resign Chandler due to a hard cap and we can swoop in.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-01-2011, 01:57 AM
nene would be a great pick-up

TrueFan420
07-01-2011, 02:14 AM
gasol is the best option at center then next is a tie between nene and chandler it just comes down to what style of center we want... defense or offense.

kikeyanez
07-01-2011, 02:36 AM
i dont like nene,i would rather the warriors try and pick up Tyson Chandler or jason kidd.. maybe even shane battier.. we need a vet on this team! i would like if the warriors could sign DeAndre jordan too

TrueFan420
07-01-2011, 02:38 AM
i dont like nene,i would rather the warriors try and pick up Tyson Chandler or jason kidd.. maybe even shane battier.. we need a vet on this team! i would like if the warriors could sign DeAndre jordan too

we need to spend our cap space on a center before we ever go after a guard or wing player vet or not this team is in need of an inside presence

ninerrider80
07-01-2011, 03:25 AM
Sounds like you're just going by what other people are saying. Nene makes his free throws? He's a career 67% shooter from the line. Hardly a sure thing at the line. Even Andris shot 62% from the line in a season. He's strong and tough but he still only gets less than 1 block per game. He's not what this team needs.

I hear you but nene did shoot 71% from the line last year and led the league in field goal percent while beans shot an amazing sub 30%, and the blocks thing doesnt tell the whole story.....nene is an excellent post/man to man defender and he has the "nasty streak" that this team needs. Imo he fits with this team better than gasol, jordan or chandler.....gasol is a little slow and doesnt really fit with our transition game....jordan has no post up and shot 45% free throws.....chandler doesnt have the post game but does have + defense. Dont get me wrong anyone of them would be a huge upgrade. I rank them nene, chandler, jordan, gasol.

Monta is beast
07-03-2011, 02:15 AM
I hear you but nene did shoot 71% from the line last year and led the league in field goal percent while beans shot an amazing sub 30%, and the blocks thing doesnt tell the whole story.....nene is an excellent post/man to man defender and he has the "nasty streak" that this team needs. Imo he fits with this team better than gasol, jordan or chandler.....gasol is a little slow and doesnt really fit with our transition game....jordan has no post up and shot 45% free throws.....chandler doesnt have the post game but does have + defense. Dont get me wrong anyone of them would be a huge upgrade. I rank them nene, chandler, jordan, gasol.

I would rather have Chandler the Nene because I think he is what the team needs & he will come cheaper, and the same could be said about Jordan.

Curry
Ellis
Wright
Lee
Chandler/Jordan

I really hope thats our opening night lineup.

The_Mac22
07-03-2011, 05:00 AM

We desperately need a Center. Why the **** would we pick up Kidd or Battier? Don't come back with "we need a vet on this team" either.

djeller1139
07-03-2011, 05:15 AM
You guys are ridiculous if you think Chanler or Kidd is leaving Dallas. Fat chance.

We'll be lucky to get Nene or Gasol or any one of them, much less have our pick of the litter.

Jeff559
07-03-2011, 05:50 AM
You guys are ridiculous if you think Chanler or Kidd is leaving Dallas. Fat chance. We'll be lucky to get Nene or Gasol or any one of them, much less have our pick of the litter.
Chandler is unrestricta FA, if a hard cap is put in place, they (dallas) will be over the cap in all likelyhood.. they are at 63 mil right now..

Jeff559
07-03-2011, 06:12 AM
We desperately need a Center. Why the **** would we pick up Kidd or Battier? Don't come back with "we need a vet on this team" either.
A defensive minded veteran with history of winning? there are two ufa centers worth trying to pick up, chandler, and nene. i would like either of those two, but if we have to offer them max contracts i would rather have battier on a one year deal 8-9 mil and not destroy cap situation...

robbnen#31
07-03-2011, 06:19 AM
Chandler is unrestricta FA, if a hard cap is put in place, they (dallas) will be over the cap in all likelyhood.. they are at 63 mil right now..

I really don't think Cuban gives a **** what the cap is

GSW 2012 CHAMPS
07-03-2011, 07:30 AM
I really don't think Cuban gives a **** what the cap is

this. plus I think the hard cap is going to be more like 70-80mill when its all said and done anyway.

JaZzyJaTT
07-03-2011, 12:14 PM
We need a banger down low, thats for sure. The team surely lacks toughness, and everyone knows that. But at age 29, would this be the right signing for us? Do we really wanna be paying near the neighborhood of $10-$16M a year (Depending on the new CBA) for a guy when he's 34-35 years old? One bright spot I do see at looking at his numbers last year is that he only played like 2 1/2 quarters a game, and averages less than that for his career, so he doesnt have too much "wear and tear" to his body. But still, I'm kinda on the fence about this one. Two years ago, I'd be all over this one.

The_Mac22
07-03-2011, 04:22 PM
A defensive minded veteran with history of winning? there are two ufa centers worth trying to pick up, chandler, and nene. i would like either of those two, but if we have to offer them max contracts i would rather have battier on a one year deal 8-9 mil and not destroy cap situation...

Yeah I forgot. We obviously need to spend money on him. **** spending money on a Center.

djeller1139
07-03-2011, 05:33 PM
I would love Battier actually, but I don't think it should come at the expense of not getting a C. If we get someone via trade, or sign a C in FA, then Battier would be a nice second target or third target.