PDA

View Full Version : Did Cleveland make a mistake in this year Draft ?

Slimsim
06-30-2011, 12:31 AM
I checked a lot of sports sites and spoken to a few Basketball fans And majority are saying that Cleveland Shouldn't have chosen Irving at 1 and Tristan at 4 and Instead should had taken Derrick Williams at 1 and Brandon Knight/ Kemba walker at 4.

So did Cleveland make the right choice or did they choose Irving just because everyone else (NBA Draft experts) had him going number 1 ?

xabial
06-30-2011, 12:38 AM
They drafted Thompson way too high. At least they got one of the picks right. Personally i thought they should have drafted 6-11 Big man Jonas Valanciunas one of the best International Big man at the draft. Hes very Big and Versatile and would provide help up on the Front-court. One year to buy out his contract is nothing, and i think he will end up to be a very good player down the road. The old saying goes "You cant teach height". I thought They shouldve drafted Williams as their SF of the Future and Valanciunas as their PF/C of the future, but Irving isnt a bad pick either. Imagine a Front court of Verajoe/Vlanciunas at the 4/5, Gibson/Davis at the 1, Williams at the 3, and trading Antawn Jamison's Expiring $15M Contract or JJ hickson for a servicable SG.

PhxGiant
06-30-2011, 12:45 AM
I think they let the media decide who the #1 pick was I think the decision was super risky for the franchise, they could have traded down to get Thompson. IMO they would have gotten better and PROVEN talent with a Williams/Knight or Williams/Kanter combo. But if it works out kudos to them for gambling.

Cal827
06-30-2011, 12:47 AM
I honestly think they should have tried dealing the 4th pick. I think Cleveland didn't make a mistake with 1st though... Williams (tweener SF-PF)/ Irving were neck and neck on the mock drafts (and as we saw when the Bulls got Rose over Beasley (another Pg. vs Tweener SF-PF, teams usually pick the point guard) that teams tend to go for the PG over the tweener...... Next years draft is going to be loaded with SF-PFs most likely and I don't think that Cleveland will be too far out of the top picks (assuming that they are bad next year, or that the strike ends the year, and the lotto odds go exactly like they were this year).

Kyben36
06-30-2011, 12:48 AM
I think that Irving was the right pick, they should have however tried harder to move up for williams IMO, or at least Kanter. maybe even trade the pick. with Verijao, and JJ hickson worth as much as they value them as, adding another 4 isnt realy a great thing. I think either trading the pick, or drafting somebody else, cause im not a fan of Terrance, and dont think he will succeed in that situation.

But I think Irving was the right pick,

MrfadeawayJB
ok with the #1 pick, but they could have traded down to get thompson. If i was them i would trade down a few spots, then grab a future 2nd rd pick or something

FriedTofuz
They drafted Terrance way too high. At least they got the important pick right. Personally i thought they should have drafted 6-11 Big man Jonas Valanciunas. Hes very Big and Versatile and would provide help up on the Front-court. One year to buy out his contract is nothing, and i think he will end up to be a very good player down the road. The old saying goes "You cant teach height".

I think you meant Tristan Thomson. Valanciunas would be the right pick, they were just afraid of his buyout option adn thompson really impressed them.

kjdills13
06-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Williams, and then Kanter

sf-Williams
pf-Hickson
C-Kanter

Thats a good Young C, PF, SF combo right there, and would be somewhat dangerous if Kanter and Williams turned out.

Remember you dont NEED a dominate pg to be succesfull you NEED a go to scorer, and Williams/Kanter both have the potential to be that.

and sorry bulls fans but as long as your pg is your go to scorer you will never win a title. you need your leading and go to scorer to be someone other than your pg

Slimsim
06-30-2011, 12:53 AM
I never seen Irving play Is He really the next Chris paul with the passing leadership and ability to take over a game when it matters most ?

MrfadeawayJB
06-30-2011, 12:54 AM
I never seen Irving play Is He really the next Chris paul with the passing leadership and ability to take over a game when it matters most ?

no imo

Yanks All Day
06-30-2011, 12:57 AM
Derrick Williams does not have a position. Being between a 3 and 4 is not a good place to be in when you're not particularly great at either thing required of you. Irving is a pure point guard, which is something the league is built on nowadays. He is going to be the real deal and probably the only guarantee the draft will produce.

xabial
06-30-2011, 12:57 AM
I think you meant Tristan Thomson. Valanciunas would be the right pick, they were just afraid of his buyout option adn thompson really impressed them.

Yes i meant thompson and i still think hes too high. With the lockout looming Valanciunas's buyout doesnt seem so bad where its one year maximum. And his situation isnt even as bad as Ricky Rubio's situation in Minny, where he would have played the first year, as long as that team is a big market team, but Kahn still drafts him and he has yet to put on an NBA uniform in court. No, Valanciunas doesnt care and just wants to play in the NBA. Not one thing about any perferred team, i think he actually said its his dream to play in the NBA.

Snowman23
06-30-2011, 01:08 AM
I never was a big Kyrie fan. Thats y i think a D.Will/B.Knight combo would be better imo.
But u never know until we see them in the play in the NBA.

Astronaut
06-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Who have you been talking to? Probably some very uneducated fans... Knight has a VERY HIGH bust potential, which is why he kept going down, he is also a combo guard more than a distributor(Kyrie is a distributor.), which the Cavs don't need at this point.

Kyrie was the right choice, it's a Point Guard's league now, even Shaq said so, PG was one of our BIG needs.. Baron Davis is just a rental.

Tristan Thompson, the Cavaliers based alot of their pick on attitude.. Also what fit their scheme of things under Scott.. Thompson has a great attitude, and has experience under the Princeton..

Believe it or not, Thompson also had the highest PER of College Forwards in the NCAA last year, even higher than Derrick Williams.

You look at the 2012 Draft and there's a reason why we didn't address our need for a 3 or a 5.

I don't think Kyrie will be a Chris Paul, I think he will shape his own career, in the mid-future people will be wondering if the person will be the next Kyrie Irving coming out of college whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Williams, and then Kanter

sf-Williams
pf-Hickson
C-Kanter

Thats a good Young C, PF, SF combo right there, and would be somewhat dangerous if Kanter and Williams turned out.

Remember you dont NEED a dominate pg to be succesfull you NEED a go to scorer, and Williams/Kanter both have the potential to be that.

and sorry bulls fans but as long as your pg is your go to scorer you will never win a title. you need your leading and go to scorer to be someone other than your pg

Kanter wasn't there at #4.....

Bishnoff
06-30-2011, 01:14 AM
I think they did, but it's way too early to tell.

I don't believe that Irving was such a bad pick but Thompson was interesting considering all the quality SF's and PF's that'll be available in the 2012 Draft. For me, Valanciunas would have been a much safer pick.

Rego247
06-30-2011, 01:17 AM
The only mistake was probably taking TT over Jonas.

Other than that, I can't fault them for taking Irving over Williams.

aussie
06-30-2011, 01:18 AM
its all about how they went in the workout...thats why thompson went at 4

plus Irving would of gone at 3 if Cavs didn't pick him as TWolves have Rubio

Slimsim
06-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Who have you been talking to? Probably some very uneducated fans... Knight has a VERY HIGH bust potential, which is why he kept going down, he is also a combo guard more than a distributor(Kyrie is a distributor.), which the Cavs don't need at this point.

Kyrie was the right choice, it's a Point Guard's league now, even Shaq said so, PG was one of our BIG needs.. Baron Davis is just a rental.

Tristan Thompson, the Cavaliers based alot of their pick on attitude.. Also what fit their scheme of things under Scott.. Thompson has a great attitude, and has experience under the Princeton..

Believe it or not, Thompson also had the highest PER of College Forwards in the NCAA last year, even higher than Derrick Williams.

You look at the 2012 Draft and there's a reason why we didn't address our need for a 3 or a 5.

I don't think Kyrie will be a Chris Paul, I think he will shape his own career, in the mid-future people will be wondering if the person will be the next Kyrie Irving coming out of college whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Also they said Cleveland is already stacked at the 1 and 4 position which is true

Hawkeye15
06-30-2011, 01:28 AM
Irving was the consensus #1 pick. No fault there. After Derrick Williams, I honestly thought Tristan was the next best rated big.

No, I think Cleveland had a good draft

nykobe24
06-30-2011, 01:38 AM
Derrick Williams does not have a position. Being between a 3 and 4 is not a good place to be in when you're not particularly great at either thing required of you. Irving is a pure point guard, which is something the league is built on nowadays. He is going to be the real deal and probably the only guarantee the draft will produce.

this..irving is going to surprise alot of people with his play...he is the real deal

Dash
06-30-2011, 01:48 AM
Irving will be the next CP3 he is real good.

PhxGiant
06-30-2011, 01:55 AM
I just can't buy into somebody that played only 11 games (correct me if I'm wrong) I think anybody with talent can play their ***** off for 11 games and look like a #1 pick. I do like Irvings size though as a PG I just don't see him being a star, good but no star.

JPHX
06-30-2011, 02:18 AM
i think Williams is a 3. hes got all the tools for that position. If cavs went D-Will #1, Kanter would have went #2, Irving would have went to the Jazz so you still woulda had your choice of Knight or Thompson so i would have went Williams number 1. Maybe its just me but i think if your trying to lay a foundation for a team Williams is the safer pick and you can still get a pretty damn good PG at #4.

Arch Stanton
06-30-2011, 02:31 AM
I think the Cavs picked some very safe picks. I really wanted them to get Derrick Williams but thought Kyrie Irving was the better pick. A PG driven league with Byron Scott as the coach (played with Magic, worked with Kidd, and Paul) and Baron Davis as a mentor. Plus Kyrie was looked at as the only true PG in this draft the rest were more or less considered PG/SG.
The Cavs would've picked Valanciunas but from what I've heard they could never get a serious complete answer from the Valanciunas camp regarding his contract. Like Astronaut said - Thompson had a higher PER in college than Williams. However, Thompsons free throw percentage worries me.

knightstemplar
06-30-2011, 02:32 AM
i woulda taken Williams instead of Irving

Astronaut
06-30-2011, 03:43 AM
Also they said Cleveland is already stacked at the 1 and 4 position which is true

Stacked? Baron Davis is getting old/is a rental, J.J. Hickson is on the last year of his contract so is Antawn Jamison.. Ramon Sessions is very overrated, he has the inability to adjust the tempo of the game.. They needed to get younger in that position.

Its funny when you call the Cavaliers "stacked" when they were one of the worst teams in the league. You may want to check to see how many Cavaliers are under contract after this year..

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm

broncosfan4eva
06-30-2011, 04:21 AM
Irving was the consensus #1 pick. No fault there. After Derrick Williams, I honestly thought Tristan was the next best rated big.

No, I think Cleveland had a good draft

Nailed it.

Tom Stone
06-30-2011, 04:32 AM
They drafted Thompson way too high. At least they got one of the picks right. Personally i thought they should have drafted 6-11 Big man Jonas Valanciunas one of the best International Big man at the draft. Hes very Big and Versatile and would provide help up on the Front-court. One year to buy out his contract is nothing, and i think he will end up to be a very good player down the road. The old saying goes "You cant teach height". I thought They shouldve drafted Williams as their SF of the Future and Valanciunas as their PF/C of the future, but Irving isn't a bad pick either. Imagine a Front court of Verajoe/Vlanciunas at the 4/5, Gibson/Davis at the 1, Williams at the 3, and trading Antawn Jamison's Expiring $15M Contract or JJ hickson for a servicable SG.

You could be right man, I think derrick would have been the right choice.....Irving as talented as he may be....still hasn't proven, he can stay healthy....and lets face it the Nba is way more physical than college.....And Jonas is looking better in better, played well against the Americans

Khalifa21
06-30-2011, 05:23 AM
ok with the #1 pick, but they could have traded down to get thompson. If i was them i would trade down a few spots, then grab a future 2nd rd pick or something

If we're talking about the #4 overall pick they definitely could've traded down and got something more than a future second rounder.

todu82
06-30-2011, 05:31 AM
The Irving pick was good as he was the BPA at that point. The Thompson pick though I have to question as most people had him going later in the top 10. As others have said it's a wonder Cleveland didn't go for Jonas.

thephoenixson28
06-30-2011, 05:56 AM
I think they shouldve tried to trade a package of the #4 pick and other players for the #3 pick. Draft Williams, then hope that minny doesnt trade the pick and draft someone else besides irving. Then you have a Williams/Irving.

ChongInc.
06-30-2011, 05:59 AM
I would have gone wiliams and Val.

jtsunami
06-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Tristan Thompson = Tyrus Thomas

Wayyyy too many similarities.

JasonJohnHorn
06-30-2011, 10:02 AM
If I was running things in Cleveland, i would have taken to big guys. Teams will always trade up for size, the Cavs have two decent PGs, I didnt see that as their need. Getting two good young bigs to add to Anderson V and Hickson would have given the Cavs flexibility in trades.

That said, Brandon Knight would NOT be a good pick, and that is why he dropped as far as he did. He was a SG in highschool and played one year at PG and posted what, like a 4-3 assist-to-turnover ration and shot uner 45%? I'm not a big fan of tweener guards. Either you can handle the rock or you cant. If you cant, and you arent tall enough to play SG, hope you get picked up by a team that has other ball handlers on the court, like Pierce, LeBron or Iggy, and be happy coming off the bench.

I am a Detroit fan, so I hope Knight turns out to be the best PG in the league, but I am not holding my breath. I'd rather have picked up a guy like Klayton, who is a shooting guard by nature and by size and has good FG and 3PT percentages.

I am also not a fan of any college player who plays pretty much half a season then thinks its time enter the draft. I mean, if he can get a paycheck, then he should get his, but the bottom line is: he proved very little in his freshman year other than the fact that he had potential, and lets face, Darko had potential.

I expect he will be a good PG, but this league had good PGs coming off the bench these days. Turn around and you'll step on a good PG looking for a job: Rose, Rondo, Kidd, Nash, CP3, D-Will, Collison, Westbrook, Billups, Felton, Wall, ect, ect. One good PG is not going to make or break a team. You need a center to make a splash in this league. It is a high-stakes gamble, but having two early picks, I would have used them for bigs, then used one of the five bigs (two drafted and Jamison, Anderson V, and Hickson) as trade bait for a PG, packaged up with Davis or Sessions.

Cleveland could have come away far better, but the draft is always a gamble, and while I may be right, I am hoping I am wrong because I would love to see the Cavs have a turnaround season and go from worst to first!

*figners crossed*

PHX2daDEATH
06-30-2011, 10:16 AM
I would of taken Williams and then traded down to get Burks..

king4day
06-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Based on need, they shoulda taken Williams and Jonas.
But you need a surefire solid NBA player. Irving gives you that.

pebloemer
06-30-2011, 10:37 AM
I just can't buy into somebody that played only 11 games (correct me if I'm wrong) I think anybody with talent can play their ***** off for 11 games and look like a #1 pick. I do like Irvings size though as a PG I just don't see him being a star, good but no star.

He isn't only evaluated on 11 games. He was projected as a high lottery pick for this year before playing any NCAA games based on his previous body of work. Also, skill sets, workouts, etc mean something. Prior to new rules, players were drafted out of high school and some of them have turned into big time stars in this league playing 0 college games.

pebloemer
06-30-2011, 10:39 AM

Perhaps in skill sets.

Tyrus had a bit more size entering the league didn't he?
Tristan seems to have a much bigger brain though...

I understand the similarities, but the differences are quite significant.

Jays Claw
06-30-2011, 10:53 AM
I think the Cavs picked some very safe picks. I really wanted them to get Derrick Williams but thought Kyrie Irving was the better pick. A PG driven league with Byron Scott as the coach (played with Magic, worked with Kidd, and Paul) and Baron Davis as a mentor. Plus Kyrie was looked at as the only true PG in this draft the rest were more or less considered PG/SG.
The Cavs would've picked Valanciunas but from what I've heard they could never get a serious complete answer from the Valanciunas camp regarding his contract. Like Astronaut said - Thompson had a higher PER in college than Williams. However, Thompsons free throw percentage worries me.

I'm pretty sure Valanciunas made it clear that he wanted to play in the NBA. Look at how the Rapors managed to complete a buyout in a matter of 2-3 days, fast huh? And with the lockout looming, leaving Valanciunas to play competitive basketball overseas (at most a year) is a good thing considering his age and inexperience.

Not really a fair comparison. Thompson is yet to show what he can do on an NBA court and has proven to be a workhorse day in, and day out. He could turn out to be a very, very good player. However, he was definitely a reach in the draft. Valanciuanas was the consensus #4 pick and he'll be the best big man out of the draft down the road, book it!

Bucs4eva
06-30-2011, 11:03 AM
They will regret not drafting Jonas

Tmath
06-30-2011, 11:32 AM
They will regret not drafting Jonas

this.

m26555
06-30-2011, 11:51 AM
A HUGE mistake. They should have went with Williams. I don't know what is with some teams' obsession with building around point guards. Point guards do NOT win you championships; big men do.

Rego247
06-30-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm pretty sure Valanciunas made it clear that he wanted to play in the NBA. Look at how the Rapors managed to complete a buyout in a matter of 2-3 days, fast huh? And with the lockout looming, leaving Valanciunas to play competitive basketball overseas (at most a year) is a good thing considering his age and inexperience.

Not even. They got it secured within 24 hours after drafting him. Now that's fast.

Rego247
06-30-2011, 03:20 PM
they will regret not drafting jonas

+1

Kyle N.
06-30-2011, 10:49 PM
A HUGE mistake. They should have went with Williams. I don't know what is with some teams' obsession with building around point guards. Point guards do NOT win you championships; big men do.

Would you have taken Kevin Love over Derrick Rose? I think it's really important in the draft to take the best player available. It's not like Cleveland is now barred from getting good big men in the future. Teams don't win championships with completely ****** point guards either.

Sly Guy
07-01-2011, 10:41 AM
They drafted Thompson way too high. At least they got one of the picks right. Personally i thought they should have drafted 6-11 Big man Jonas Valanciunas one of the best International Big man at the draft. Hes very Big and Versatile and would provide help up on the Front-court. One year to buy out his contract is nothing, and i think he will end up to be a very good player down the road. The old saying goes "You cant teach height". I thought They shouldve drafted Williams as their SF of the Future and Valanciunas as their PF/C of the future, but Irving isnt a bad pick either. Imagine a Front court of Verajoe/Vlanciunas at the 4/5, Gibson/Davis at the 1, Williams at the 3, and trading Antawn Jamison's Expiring $15M Contract or JJ hickson for a servicable SG.

good post. Summed up what I was gonna say.

gilly
07-01-2011, 01:23 PM
The next draft is full of SF/PF/SG prospects, I'd have got Valenciunas myself. A team of Irving, [Barnes, Davis, Jones, or Sullinger], Valenciunas is pretty good as a base.

bmac_121
07-01-2011, 01:38 PM
I think they would have been better of drafting Enes Kanter at 1, solidifying a center which is rare to have in the league today. And then drafting Brandon Knight at 4. Could have been a good tandem, and they'd been playing(practicing) together at UK for a year already.

I've never been thrilled with Derrick Williams. Undersized power forwards are rarely impact players, look at Michael Beasley. And then I don't know how much of a Difference there is between Brandon and Kyrie when its all said and done.

Yanks All Day
07-01-2011, 01:57 PM

While I believe that it is true that big men win championships, Williams is not a big man. He's probably a small forward in the NBA. Irving was the better pick at 1. Most solid all around player with the potential to be one of the best PG in the league. Williams is a tweener who will probably have a harder time adjusting to the NBA game.

Silent
07-01-2011, 01:59 PM

Kyrie was the one that compared himself to Paul, no one else? Every one else compares him to Andre Miller

I would picked Williams And Kemba

NYKnicks4511
07-01-2011, 02:09 PM

While I agree that Kyrie was the right pick #1 overall, it's ignorant to say that Thompson was the correct pick at #4. Thompson arguably would have been on the board from 7-10 or even a bit later, so value wise I think the Cavs could have done better but Thompson is a nice player nonetheless.

Also regarding his "great attitude", lets not forget that he was kicked off the team at St. Benedicts and had to transfer...

Kyrie and Thompson are both Jersey products and have already played together so I'm sure the picks won't be bad, it's just the value of the picks will always be in question if Valanciunas or even a guy like Biyombo does better than TT.

Raps26
07-01-2011, 02:32 PM
time will tell

knickerbockerny
07-01-2011, 02:44 PM
I hope that I am wrong, but they flat out blew the draft, they made two mistakes.

With the #1 pick I would have drafted Derrick Williams, who has the tools be either a small forward in the league or a power forward, either position would have been a win win. The guy is 6'9" with a standing reach longer than Blake Griffin, he already has a strong muscular frame, explosive and shoots a good jump shot from 3.

The Kyrie Irving/CP3 comparisons are so off base. First off Chris Paul is far more athletic, faster, quicker, has better change of pace, and gets to the rim at will. He also was more proven when he was drafted. Irving played most of his games against out of conference foes in early season mode, and he has below average athleticism and speed in comparison with most NBA point guards. At best Irving is Andre Miller, there games are more similar, they do everything good, but nothing great.

Another reason why I select Williams is because I have a former all-star pg there in Baron Davis. Who fared well with Blake Griffin. You can almost pencil in Baron Davis for 17ppg and 7asst per game next season. Will Kyrie give you that off the back?

With the 4th pick I select Jonas, regardless if he comes over this year or next. He has all the skills to be the next good NBA big man. By selecting Thompson you are forced to get rid of one of your best assets, because Hickson and JJ are similar to an extent. Except that JJ is more seasoned and actually a power forward. Thompson has a center skill set at 6'9". Now the Cavs have traded a young big for for under his value. You could have trade JJ along with Jamison's expiring to get a good starter quality shooting guard back if you wanted to go that route.

Plus lets face it, if Harrison Barnes an co. would have stayed in the draft would Irving have been #1? Plus next year has better point guards in it. It is exactly expected to be rich at the pg/combo guard position. And Davis would be expiring in 2013 and much easier to move in 2012-13 season.

Lil Half Dead
07-01-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm not a big believer in Kyrie, But It definitely wasn't the WRONG pick for them. However, Tristan Thompson was a huge reach IMO. The whole time I was thinking, Why not Derrick Williams 1st? With Kanter a lock to be in the top 3, They were guaranteed 1 of the top 2 PGs in Irving, or more likely Brandon Knight, Who actually, IMO is the best PG in this years draft class. That scenario would have given them much more value, and definitely would have given them 2 guys ready to play in the NBA. Thompson is an athletic project, years away from contributing in the way they need him, At least that's how I feel.

tkshy
07-01-2011, 08:39 PM
I think they should have packaged 4th pick and Jamison expiring contract for the #2 and taken Irving and Williams. Or to Utah for the #3 then selected Williams 1 and Irving 3 cause Minnesota was not taking a PG.

Although and can't disagree with one post that said take Kanter 1 and Kemba at 4. I think Kemba will be the best pg out of this draft. You have a lot of SG, SF, PF available. Getting a point and center is a nice start to a rebuilding franchise.

Crzycjunx76
07-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Would have been

#1 Kyrie Irving

Then

#4 Jonas Valanciunas

for me

I just really did not like the Thompson pick personally. Of course a trade down a few spot on one pick or another would have been good as well, specifically if they could have found a way to add another first in next years draft while retaining two lottery choices this season.

DR_1
07-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Remember you dont NEED a dominate pg to be succesfull you NEED a go to scorer, and Williams/Kanter both have the potential to be

Lol good one.

WolvesJagsOs
07-02-2011, 10:30 AM

lol dude. When you have a work ethic like Dwill, and a guy that strives to be the best, ill take him all day. He didnt even start really getting into basketball until he was 14, so he has been playing for just about 6 years. Out of high school, he wasnt a top 100 recruit, in college, ppl said he couldnt get a D-1 scholarship, once he got that, people said he wouldnt amount to anything...the guy is going to be a really nice player in the league. He's been proving people wrong that doubted him his whole life.

WolvesJagsOs
07-02-2011, 10:35 AM
^But for the thread, i do like what they did. Irving was the consensus #1 like some have said, and tbh, im a huge Thompson fan. Im excited to see how they develope.

Mplsman
07-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Irving was the right pick for them at #1. But they reached for Thompson by a lot. Kanter should have been their 4th pick.

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Any1 think that they feel that TT would be a better chemistry fit with Kyrie... A young hard working athletic big.. They have 2 cornerstones and prob will bring in a third with a return to the lottery in a deep draft next year and they could easily be the next version of the Thunder in the east