PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert to Fans: If They Lock Us Out, You Lock Them Out!

Tony_Starks
06-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Gotta love this guy Gilbert! He does have a point, in the end we are the ones that get screwed..... (Even though I think his twitter account will eventually get him banned from the league)

Gilbert Arenas: I hope all the fans out there r playin attention to the lockout becuz it effects u too... the OWNERS pay us.. there not happy.. YOU pay them Twitter
Orlando Magic, Gilbert Arenas, CBA, Lockout, NBPA, Owners | share

Gilbert Arenas: U not happy..so since they wanna lockout..yall should lockout also..try to get those hotdog prices down..why not seat front row for 200$ Twitter

Gilbert Arenas: This just get a spokens men or women to speak for u guys.."I can be that guy"why can't u sit next to jack Nicholson for 200 bucks" Twitter

Gilbert Arenas: I'm just sayin if they can lock us out..yall can lock them out..who wants to watch track with a ball all year(soccer)..not americans lol Twitter

llemon
06-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Gotta love this guy Gilbert! He does have a point, in the end we are the ones that get screwed..... (Even though I think his twitter account will eventually get him banned from the league)

Gilbert Arenas: I hope all the fans out there r playin attention to the lockout becuz it effects u too... the OWNERS pay us.. there not happy.. YOU pay them Twitter

Gilbert Arenas: U not happy..so since they wanna lockout..yall should lockout also..try to get those hotdog prices down..why not seat front row for 200$ Twitter

Gilbert Arenas: This just get a spokens men or women to speak for u guys.."I can be that guy"why can't u sit next to jack Nicholson for 200 bucks" Twitter

Gilbert Arenas: I'm just sayin if they can lock us out..yall can lock them out..who wants to watch track with a ball all year(soccer)..not americans lol Twitter

Finally the voice of reason from the man whose contracts has brought us to by the whose contract is one of the reasons we are the verge of a lockout.

Irony, thou doest stingith we mortals to the absolute limit.

Avenged
06-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Ok I have no problem with what he's saying..

But did he really have to take a jab at Soccer? Who wants to watch a broke down Gilbert Arenas all year? Not Americans.

see what I did there.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Finally the voice of reason from the man whose contracts has brought us to by the whose contract is one of the reasons we are the verge of a lockout.

um, this

I don't want to hear a god damn word out of Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas, AK47, or any other average player making ungodly money.

You signed the deal.

Look, the owners are at fault here. They let it get this way. But the players can't act like they weren't MORE than willing to sign these ridiculous deals, and no player in the NBA can say they care more about their franchise being profitable versus their own pocketbook

daleja424
06-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Haha... he is actually right! LMAO

Tony_Starks
06-29-2011, 06:54 PM

lol that is kinda funny. I wouldn't be surprised if they even used his name during negotiations!

"Hey guys what changes can we make so no other owners end up getting Arenas'd? Ahhhhh, no guaranteed contracts!!" :clap:

ink
06-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Except it will never happen. Fans will keep paying no matter what. That's exactly how BOTH the owners and players exploited this until it broke.

SteBO
06-29-2011, 06:59 PM

um, this

I don't want to hear a god damn word out of Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas, AK47, or any other average player making ungodly money.

You signed the deal.

Look, the owners are at fault here. They let it get this way. But the players can't act like they weren't MORE than willing to sign these ridiculous deals, and no player in the NBA can say they care more about their franchise being profitable versus their own pocketbook

Touche. It is ironic, but he has a point. I'd also like to throw in the fact that money Travis Outlaw is owed is also disgusting.

allSUAVE
06-29-2011, 07:07 PM
do you see that guys contract

AddiX
06-29-2011, 07:12 PM
um, this

You signed the deal.

The only franchises for the most part that aren't profitable Are then ones that offer a crappy product year after year, teams like yours. No point intended.

The players aren't to blame here, For every few players who are overpaid, you have players like bron, Kobe, rose who there teams would be more than happy to pay them double what they earn if that's what took to keep them.

Everyone needs to remind themselves, it's the crappy franchises who are causing the lockouts in the NFL and NBA.

KingPosey
06-29-2011, 07:17 PM

But did he really have to take a jab at Soccer? Who wants to watch a broke down Gilbert Arenas all year? Not Americans.

see what I did there.

...Got offended by someone like Gilbert Arenas over a joke about soccer?

Hawkeye15
06-29-2011, 07:22 PM
The only franchises for the most part that aren't profitable Are then ones that offer a crappy product year after year, teams like yours. No point intended.

The players aren't to blame here, For every few players who are overpaid, you have players like bron, Kobe, rose who there teams would be more than happy to pay them double what they earn if that's what took to keep them.

Everyone needs to remind themselves, it's the crappy franchises who are causing the lockouts in the NFL and NBA.

re-read my post. It doesn't change the fact that I would prefer the scrubs making $20 million a year just shut up during this process.

Why do you use any available thread/post to crap on the Wolves? Not every team can be from NY, where you can win 2 games a year for a decade and be profitable.

Bishnoff
06-29-2011, 07:23 PM

Is Arenas ********? Did he finish the 2nd grade?

MTar786
06-29-2011, 07:26 PM
u guys can say what u want about guys like gilbert, rashard and ak. i dont care about them but its the owners fault for offering them those deals. offer me 100 mil and i take it. i dont care if you go broke. you shouldnt have offered me that deal then.

Avenged
06-29-2011, 07:27 PM

this guy gets it.

macc
06-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Gilbert is right in his posts. That's why I would be suprised if there is a lockout, because owners will be losing out if there is one.

With this lockout talk it's not 100% one sides fault or the other, but overall I think the owners should shoulder the majority of the blame. Bottom line is they shouldn't offer contracts they can't pay.

We see it every year. Gilberts contract (though at the time he was an all star/superstar). Rashard Lewis, Joe Johnson, but not only them, you have players who are close to 7 ft tall who are "decent" at best b ball players and they are makign 10 mil +.

When a player hits free agency it becomes a bidding war, you can't blame a player for trying to get as much money as they can since they're playing window isn't very long. Your average NBA career is somewhere in the 4-8 year range, that's not a long time to make that kind of money.

It's the owners that are agreeing to these crazy contracts. So I'll say it again. IF YOU CAN'T PAY THE CONTRACT, DON'T OFFER IT.

Tony_Starks
06-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Thats true, fans speaking with their pocket books is the only thing they will understand. For all the "nba cares" crap they put out this is really dispicable that it even came to this point. Not to mention they have literally had years to get a deal done!

smith&wesson
06-29-2011, 07:37 PM
if there is a lock out, i will be pissed. the owners and players have ample time to sort this out. if they dont sort it out by october I will precieve each side as greedy ...

I stopped watching hockey after the lock out. this is no different to me.

NJ Raven
06-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Has it been released how much money the NBA lost this year?

jiggin
06-29-2011, 07:46 PM

no he isn't, he is trying to get the fans against the owners so the players can make more money.

its grandstanding and childish...and very sad. You don't see the owners doing this, and people like you just blindly egg them on.

**** the players...I am so tired of them trying to play like they are the victim...and its even worse to see a few people on here some how buy it hook line and sinker.

avon_barksdale
06-29-2011, 07:46 PM
dis ****** contract be one of the reasons the league gona lockout

jiggin
06-29-2011, 07:48 PM
good, I hope all you that believe this trash stop spending on the NBA, trash the whole league....

...that will REALLY help fix this. LOL

bye bye NBA with these type of immature grandstanding tactics. We now know why Arenas would have never made it through business school.

Nice way to handle your business...via twitter. LOL

210Don
06-29-2011, 07:50 PM
we can just not go to games or buy anything nba and the prices will go down. power to the people

championships
06-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Arenas is right about one thing.

Im Sure in the hell not going to watch soccer :down:

knicksfan42
06-29-2011, 08:01 PM
um, this

You signed the deal.

Gilbert would actually be a good argument against guaranteed contracts. His contract isn't the owners fault, at the time he signed it he was a max player, then he got injured for 2 seasons (playing a total of 15 games those seasons), then got suspended a year for committing a felony. Maybe a years suspension for a felony could mean Arenas shouldn't have to get paid for the remainder of his contract. I truly am wondering why this dipshit is opening his mouth.

jiggin
06-29-2011, 08:01 PM
we can just not go to games or buy anything nba and the prices will go down. power to the people

go ahead try it...

...it won't do that...not at all. they have to make up the money somewhere, it doesn't come out of thin air like magic.

DR_1
06-29-2011, 08:02 PM

This.

jiggin
06-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Gilbert would actually be a good argument against guaranteed contracts. His contract isn't the owners fault, at the time he signed it he was a max player, then he got injured for 2 seasons (playing a total of 15 games those seasons), then got suspended a year for committing a felony. Maybe a years suspension for a felony could mean Arenas shouldn't have to get paid for the remainder of his contract. I truly am wondering why this dipshit is opening his mouth.

don't try and reason with them with logic. the owners are scum, players are awesome and do no wrong.

no one seems to care about the business of basketball...everyone just wants to be entertained and paid...who cares about the inner working and the cost to bring it to you...

:rolleyes:

210Don
06-29-2011, 08:04 PM
go ahead try it...

...it won't do that...not at all. they have to make up the money somewhere, it doesn't come out of thin air like magic.

obviously not by myself there has to be a huge rebellion.

wont happen just saying it can be done

xabial
06-29-2011, 08:10 PM
The majority of fans are stupid and dont know what a "Lockout" is.

knicksfan42
06-29-2011, 08:21 PM
The majority of fans are stupid and dont know what a "Lockout" is.

Yep and I wonder how long it will take for people to realize just how incredibly stupid Gilbert's lock them out idea is, because the level of stupidity is extremely high, I mean through the roof. Anyways it helps weed out the morons.

jiggin
06-29-2011, 08:28 PM
You guys are missing out on soccer...HOTTIES EVERYWHERE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdHBnzd16is&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byx6NAZVdf8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Drzo3iuNqk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk6ih8IvEEc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqw-Jm98eGc&feature=related

dtmagnet
06-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Track with a ball lol.

Kinkotheclown
06-29-2011, 09:16 PM

"Then the liars and swearers are fools; for there are liars and swearers enow to beat the honest men and hang up them."

'Men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true. "

Contract aside, he's right. The owners charge insane prices and lose money. Now they ask for money back from the employees. They are employees not investors they need not pay anything back. They are the talent and the product.
We are be sold a product. We buy the game (which is the players) and we pay the owners, Sorry, **** the owners. If they don't make money, they are fools. If they are using this as a business investment more than love of the game (see Mark Cuban) they should sell their team and get out.
The players make way too much, agreed. But the owners make way too much more. The owners should shut up and pay or risk seriously hurting the sport.

X12Celtics3
06-29-2011, 09:35 PM
So I don't know much about the working of contracts and stuff, but to me the "It's the owners fault because they shouldn't offer contracts they can't afford" thing seems stupid. The problem is more that these contracts are guaranteed, so one bad contract can affect the league for a really long time. If the league had non-guaranteed contracts like the NFL, that wouldn't be a problem because those players could just be cut.

Am I missing something? I don't think the problem is that the owners can't pay it, but paying Rashard Lewis a top contract isn't really the same thing as paying Kobe Bryant a top contract... one of them is actually worth it.

SNYmets86
06-29-2011, 09:56 PM
So I don't know much about the working of contracts and stuff, but to me the "It's the owners fault because they shouldn't offer contracts they can't afford" thing seems stupid. The problem is more that these contracts are guaranteed, so one bad contract can affect the league for a really long time. If the league had non-guaranteed contracts like the NFL, that wouldn't be a problem because those players could just be cut.

Am I missing something? I don't think the problem is that the owners can't pay it, but paying Rashard Lewis a top contract isn't really the same thing as paying Kobe Bryant a top contract... one of them is actually worth it.

100% agree

wilwilwil
06-29-2011, 09:59 PM
How the hell are ppl mad at the players if u put 8mil in my face I'm going to sign it(see eddy curry) why the did anybody give that man that much money its not is dam fault he got that type of money he would be a dam fool not to sign it......if you own a team its jus like owning a bussiness u make smart choices not bad ones its the same thing with travis outlaw,gilbert hell he got hurt before he sign that deal remember an then how about how much they charge to go to a dam game u guys think that's going away(NOPE) u fools will still pay hunders of dollers to go to the game:mad::facepalm:

wilwilwil
06-29-2011, 10:10 PM
P.s. the portland trailblazers jus put a deal on the table for greg oden for 8.8mil:facepalm: this MOTHERF@CKER been hurt from day 1........but u guys blame the players:facepalm:

llemon
06-29-2011, 10:13 PM
"Then the liars and swearers are fools; for there are liars and swearers enow to beat the honest men and hang up them."

'Men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true. "

Contract aside, he's right. The owners charge insane prices and lose money. Now they ask for money back from the employees. They are employees not investors they need not pay anything back. They are the talent and the product.
We are be sold a product. We buy the game (which is the players) and we pay the owners, Sorry, **** the owners. If they don't make money, they are fools. If they are using this as a business investment more than love of the game (see Mark Cuban) they should sell their team and get out.
The players make way too much, agreed. But the owners make way too much more. The owners should shut up and pay or risk seriously hurting the sport.

The world is filled with Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams......

It's Heaven and Hell.

And I certainly blame the owners, but it's just natural, especially as this is becoming (or has already become

AddiX
06-30-2011, 12:57 AM
re-read my post. It doesn't change the fact that I would prefer the scrubs making $20 million a year just shut up during this process.

Why do you use any available thread/post to crap on the Wolves? Not every team can be from NY, where you can win 2 games a year for a decade and be profitable.

This had nothing to do with crapping on the wolves I used them as an example because I'm tired of idiot fans saying omg they are so overpaid etc etc.

The owners choose to pay who they want, what they want!

I've never in my life heard anyone say, you know what thanks for offering me that much money but nit worth it. I hope the players get as much as they can from these greedy *** owners.

I'm not comparing any team to ny. But the truth is, it's crappy franchises and crappy owners who are causing this lockout. And don't give me that small market crap. It's about exciting the fan base and giving them a product they want to support.

Tony_Starks
06-30-2011, 02:18 AM
Im pretty sure Gilbert was being funny but the point I got from his comments was that the owners have an obligation to the fans to get something done. Making ridiculous offers and then postering in the media like you're being the fair good guys just insults everyones intelligence.

This quote pretty much sums it all up:

“Just look at the proposal the owners have made: How do you expect anyone to respond to that in good faith?” agent Mark Bartelstein said. “It’s laughable. GMs around the league have acknowledged that to me. Every GM has acknowledged that there’s nowhere for the players to go with what’s been proposed by the owners.
“The system doesn’t work for the players now, because it’s so restrictive. It doesn’t work for the owners because they’ve made a lot of bad decisions. That’s the reality. This is a horrible system for the NBA player, incredibly restrictive in every way you look at it. If the NBA owners can’t be successful in this system, blame that on nothing but poor management.”

There you have it. If they owners themselves know their deal is ridiculous how do you expect the players to react? The whole thing is a big joke.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_billy_hunter_nba_union_062911

Raph12
06-30-2011, 03:36 AM
I agree with his lockout idea, the owners are being dicks about their money but they overcharge for just about everything...

LakersIn5
06-30-2011, 05:58 AM

so what do you expect arenas to do when he was offered that contract? reject it? :eyebrow:

LakersIn5
06-30-2011, 06:00 AM
u guys can say what u want about guys like gilbert, rashard and ak. I dont care about them but its the owners fault for offering them those deals. Offer me 100 mil and i take it. I dont care if you go broke. You shouldnt have offered me that deal then.

this!

jkiddvc20
06-30-2011, 06:52 AM

:laugh:

Kinkotheclown
06-30-2011, 07:20 AM
If the league had non-guaranteed contracts like the NFL, that wouldn't be a problem because those players could just be cut.

Agreed.
I think limited guarantees would be appropriate. If a player is injured playing for you, he should be compensated. But if his performance drastically diminishes over a period of time, perhaps his check should show that.
The other thing to keep in mind here is exactly what do the owners mean by "they are losing money." Them personally or their teams? How are their businesses structured? I find it hard to believe that any loss is because of the players. 200$ for a seat and 10$ for a beer could be the reason seats aren't filled. The TV contracts are huge, commercial endorsements are huge and merchandising is huge. If the owners want to cry poor us, they need to divulge their info.

The world is filled with Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams......

It's Heaven and Hell.

And I certainly blame the owners, but it's just natural, especially as this is becoming (or has already become

Touché

You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.

Dogs

The owners are certainly the ones doing the screwing but the players are certainly doing their own manipulation dance. Both sides are telling their sob story to get public opinion on their side.
In a way, the fans get screwed no matter what happens and we are the least of their collective concern.

PHX2daDEATH
06-30-2011, 07:33 AM
can we rewind to about exactly a year ago......

David Kahn gave Darko, 30 million....the bucks followed and paid Drew Gooden....Colangelo gave Amir Johnson around the same...the Suns then had to overpay for Channing Frye at around the same price..I think Amir and Channing had good seasons this year but sorry they are not worth those contracts..its like an obese person on the verge of a heart attack going and eating a bacon cheeseburger with two damn patties on it..the owners knew about this BS for a long time, yet they keep shelling out the dough..they can blame the agents, they can blame the players..fact is they are at fault for this as much if not more then the players, I do think a hard salary cap is reasonable though and non guaranteed, performance based contracts are the only thing that will end the lockout.. If the NBA is so worried about losing money then they need to cut the chord on some of the teams that arent making money because they dont build good teams..they're just there like practice squads for all the good and great teams..

as far as Arenas trying to crusade...who here can really relate to a guy thats a damn millionaire? a guy who signed a big contract and decided to stop working?

PHX2daDEATH
06-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Agreed.
I think limited guarantees would be appropriate. If a player is injured playing for you, he should be compensated. But if his performance drastically diminishes over a period of time, perhaps his check should show that.
The other thing to keep in mind here is exactly what do the owners mean by "they are losing money." Them personally or their teams? How are their businesses structured? I find it hard to believe that any loss is because of the players. 200$ for a seat and 10$ for a beer could be the reason seats aren't filled. The TV contracts are huge, commercial endorsements are huge and merchandising is huge. If the owners want to cry poor us, they need to divulge their info.

I would love to know that too..they need to open the books to the public and show how a globally watched sport is losing any money..Nike, McDonalds, T-mobile, i could go on and on about the sponsors, people overseas dont watch the NFL..they watch the NBA.. do you see any foreign NFL players? NO the NFL might be America's new past-time..but the NBA almost rivals soccer as THE global sport.. this is why I think cutting some teams out would help.. you run a business and you cant sell out games? Okay i believe you are losing money..(T-wolves)

MagicHero3
06-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Yep and I wonder how long it will take for people to realize just how incredibly stupid Gilbert's lock them out idea is, because the level of stupidity is extremely high, I mean through the roof. Anyways it helps weed out the morons.

ive seen haters before but daammnnn!! still bitter after being swept?

The Raven
06-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Good lord. He seriously needs to learn some grammar

knicksfan42
06-30-2011, 09:55 AM
ive seen haters before but daammnnn!! still bitter after being swept?

No never was, besides your team lost in the first round to a lower seed so its funny you have anything to say. Not to mention the fact that you guys are going to be paying agent dipshit and Hedo 90+ million over the next three years and will likely lose Dwight after the upcoming season. So no I'm not bitter, I have no reason to be the future looks bright for my team, can't say the same for you. So my question is are you bitter?

Shmontaine
06-30-2011, 11:01 AM
so what do you expect arenas to do when he was offered that contract? reject it? :eyebrow:

of course not, nobody would reject that

... but don't sit there and say that ticket prices and seats should cost less, when he's being paid $250,000 A GAME.... really? if only there were 1,250 courtside seats for the fans at every game just to pay GA for that game.... this guy needs to say, "thank you" and shut up...

He's part of the problem... he's taken advantage of this system since he signed the contract... who cares about earning your money or owning up to your obligation, which is substantial.. just raise your middle finger... this guys a douche...

3ballbomber
06-30-2011, 11:12 AM
while the rich argue about their millions the fans are the ones losing out here.

VillaMaravilla
06-30-2011, 11:28 AM
i agree with what he says except the soccer part....I love soccer and im an american lol

ackar
06-30-2011, 11:47 AM
The point of his message is this: you complain that the game cost too much well stop watching on tv and stop going to game stop buying merchandise. This will truly get the owners and even the players attention. Price then would go down. Stop buying everything and if enough people do it then it will be effective.

But it wont happen people are sheep.

macc
06-30-2011, 11:49 AM
can we rewind to about exactly a year ago......

David Kahn gave Darko, 30 million....the bucks followed and paid Drew Gooden....Colangelo gave Amir Johnson around the same...the Suns then had to overpay for Channing Frye at around the same price..I think Amir and Channing had good seasons this year but sorry they are not worth those contracts..its like an obese person on the verge of a heart attack going and eating a bacon cheeseburger with two damn patties on it..the owners knew about this BS for a long time, yet they keep shelling out the dough..they can blame the agents, they can blame the players..fact is they are at fault for this as much if not more then the players, I do think a hard salary cap is reasonable though and non guaranteed, performance based contracts are the only thing that will end the lockout.. If the NBA is so worried about losing money then they need to cut the chord on some of the teams that arent making money because they dont build good teams..they're just there like practice squads for all the good and great teams..

as far as Arenas trying to crusade...who here can really relate to a guy thats a damn millionaire? a guy who signed a big contract and decided to stop working?

This is ultimately what is leading to our lockout. Think about that. Darko got a 30 million dollar contract. How do owners expect to be able to pay their role players that kind of money while at the same time giving out max contracts to their all stars.

I'm sure it's a tough situation when it becomes a bidding war between owners so I'm not sure what the solution is other then to not offer a contract you can't pay, because that's whats happening. As much money as teams can make, alot of franchises are upside down at the end of the year when it comes to profit.

Shmontaine
06-30-2011, 11:53 AM
The point of his message is this: you complain that the game cost too much well stop watching on tv and stop going to game stop buying merchandise. This will truly get the owners and even the players attention. Price then would go down. Stop buying everything and if enough people do it then it will be effective.

But it wont happen people are sheep.

you are naive if you truly believe Gilbert arenas wants fans to stop paying into the nba...

yes, what you describe is a free market system and that how things work... thanks... but to have gilbert arenas be saying things cost too much for fans, i would counter with, 'he costs way more to the fans than hotdogs.. at least the hotdogs serve a purpose..'

Arenas is clearly worried he won't be able to do nothing anymore and get paid for it... no more 25K bets after practice, etc... he wants fans to pay more and more, just like all players... it means more money for players, too...

llemon
06-30-2011, 11:54 AM

Of course not.

But it would be nice he exercised enough self-realization to know that both he (in the way he conducts himself) and the overly expensive and undeserved contract he received are parts of the problem that have brought the league to this point. Did Arenas make a fake gun out of his fist and spray fake bullets everywhere when he finished talking?

His little speech was the equivilent of Spreewell's 'I gots to feed my family'.

DLeeicious
06-30-2011, 12:12 PM
If Gil keeps it up the NBA's goons are gonna be sent his way and we will find him swimming with his sharks

Shmontaine
06-30-2011, 12:22 PM
If Gil keeps it up the NBA's goons are gonna be sent his way and we will find him swimming with his sharks

i'm pretty sure he's making the owners point... owners are loving GA right now...

players... not so much...

swimming with sharks makes gilbert a trespasser, lol... the nba can blame the sharks for any accidents...

215doughboy
06-30-2011, 12:34 PM
while the rich argue about their millions the fans are the ones losing out here.

This....and sorry I had to steal your Jordan quote.

"A lot of basketball players today are overpaid and it influences their game and work ethics in a negative way. They've been given things they haven't earned and I think the game has been cheated..." - Michael Jordan

they need to find a way to develop their players like baseball does....salary arbitration...for a players first couple of seasons then they cash in if they deserve it..

pebloemer
06-30-2011, 12:38 PM
you are naive if you truly believe Gilbert arenas wants fans to stop paying into the nba...

yes, what you describe is a free market system and that how things work... thanks... but to have gilbert arenas be saying things cost too much for fans, i would counter with, 'he costs way more to the fans than hotdogs.. at least the hotdogs serve a purpose..'

Arenas is clearly worried he won't be able to do nothing anymore and get paid for it... no more 25K bets after practice, etc... he wants fans to pay more and more, just like all players... it means more money for players, too...

They are really simplistic tweets by Gilbert. Seems to me that it is a method to keep the fans on "his side." Just a former glorified NBA star tweeting glorified nonsense.

Here is a better, more educated perspective on the issue IMO:

Yeah, sure is stupid, isn’t it?

The specifics of the talks make my eyes glaze over so I’m not going to get into them in too much detail; it’s billions divided by millions and give backs and takeaways and it’s all about money.

But it’s also all about office workers and ticket takers and concession stand workers and front office types who may face layoffs or salary cuts or job losses if this thing drags on for any length of time.

I know people always get hurt in labour situations like this and ancillary damage is unavoidable but just once I’d like to hear the owners and players say, ‘hey, we’re sorry, folks, we’ll find a way to make it up to you.’

Not sure that’s going to happen and if the falls rolls around and games are missed and people miss paydays, that’s going to be the worst thing about this.

Yes, the players will ultimately make obscene amounts of money and owners will get a system that practically assures them a profit despite themselves and to think they’ll suffer hardship is foolish.

The hardship is going to be felt by the regular folks affected by this; it’s not right, but it’s a fact and it blows.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Shmontaine
06-30-2011, 12:49 PM
They are really simplistic tweets by Gilbert. Seems to me that it is a method to keep the fans on "his side." Just a former glorified NBA star tweeting glorified nonsense.

Here is a better, more educated perspective on the issue IMO:

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

i like it... thanks for sharing... they really just need to come to some agreement, and i really don't care who 'wins'... at the end of the day, they need basketball just as much, if not more, than us 'normies'/fans

Gram
06-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Haha I laughed at what he said lol. People need to lighten up on this site holy **** lol.

Shmontaine
06-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Haha I laughed at what he said lol. People need to lighten up on this site holy **** lol.

its easy for gilbert to take this lightly too, who's made 60 million for doing nothing... then saying the owners are the ones who are screwing the fans...

AddiX
06-30-2011, 01:03 PM
its easy for gilbert to take this lightly too, who's made 60 million for doing nothing... then saying the owners are the ones who are screwing the fans...

No one forced the owners to give out the contracts, and if the wizards didn't hand it over someone else would have for sure.

Yiu say players are overpaid, how much over the max would Dwight or bron get paid to stay with there teams that drafted them?

I bet cle or Orlando would hand over 25 mill no problem if they could. Therefore players are underpaid.

Since Jordan and after Jordan, arenas was the only star they had who got fans excited. He was well worth the $ at the time.

Hugbees
06-30-2011, 01:33 PM

see what I did there.

Yes he did.. and the truth is MOST Americans share the same sentiment. We have our own football, and it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. :clap:

B2theRY
06-30-2011, 01:54 PM

are the players willing to make much less money to help us fans out to go to games and be able to afford them?

llemon
06-30-2011, 02:01 PM
No one forced the owners to give out the contracts, and if the wizards didn't hand it over someone else would have for sure.

Yiu say players are overpaid, how much over the max would Dwight or bron get paid to stay with there teams that drafted them?

I bet cle or Orlando would hand over 25 mill no problem if they could. Therefore players are underpaid.

Since Jordan and after Jordan, arenas was the only star they had who got fans excited. He was well worth the $ at the time.

I guess everyone other than Wiz fans realized Wiz were making one of the biggest mistakes ever made by an NBA franchise.

JasonJohnHorn
06-30-2011, 02:39 PM
I have a problem with his grammar and spelling.
Spokens men? wtf? why you can't sit? playing attention? You not happy? Why not seat front row? and putting the "$" symbol AFTER the number? 200$? No, its $200.

If I had to guess from his grammar, I'd say the dude not only skipped college, he skipped highschool! I know 10 year olds that can spell and speak better than that.

That said: His point is taken. But he is one of the last people who needs to get in on this conversation. It is because owners are dumb enough to pay him a disgusting amount of money that the league is in dire straights to start with!

JasonJohnHorn
06-30-2011, 02:41 PM
are the players willing to make much less money to help us fans out to go to games and be able to afford them?

I dont think all the players need to make less, but Arenas is one of the ones who SHOULD be making less!

Shmontaine
06-30-2011, 02:42 PM

you just contradicted yourself... how were the wizards not forced to pay arenas a max contract, then??? seems like they had no choice..

okay, you gave me 2 underpaid players making max dollars in a league with 450 players... that's an outlier, not a pattern... way to clump the entire league into two players, possibly the two best players... there are far more players being paid more than their worth...

gilbert wasn't being paid to do nothing... with a max contract, comes expectations to bring a franchise to a contenders level... gilbert signed his contract, and checked out... as do a lot of nba players... they feel their contracts are retro active, and not an expectation of future performance...

hence, players going all out and performing well in a "contract year"

i agree with you that at the time, gil was a max player... but, again, that's what forces teams to overpay...

Shmontaine
06-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Yes he did.. and the truth is MOST Americans share the same sentiment. We have our own football, and it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. :clap:

this whole soccer thing would be much more entertaining here in america if our best athletes played it.. but, they choose the money sports (nba, nfl, mlb) instead... i'm a firm believer that if america put enough money behind soccer, USA would kick the worlds *** ten times over....

we have the best athletes in the world, no doubt... and the only reason USA soccer sucks, is because we don't have our athletes play it... put bron and company on the field and it would be a different sport... 6 foot guys all over the place, ****ing forget about it...

AddiX
06-30-2011, 03:04 PM
you just contradicted yourself... how were the wizards not forced to pay arenas a max contract, then??? seems like they had no choice..

okay, you gave me 2 underpaid players making max dollars in a league with 450 players... that's an outlier, not a pattern... way to clump the entire league into two players, possibly the two best players... there are far more players being paid more than their worth...

gilbert wasn't being paid to do nothing... with a max contract, comes expectations to bring a franchise to a contenders level... gilbert signed his contract, and checked out... as do a lot of nba players... they feel their contracts are retro active, and not an expectation of future performance...

hence, players going all out and performing well in a "contract year"

i agree with you that at the time, gil was a max player... but, again, that's what forces teams to overpay...

They had a choice not to pay him, just like every other company in the world. Therefore he's worth what teams will pay.

They decided to pay him because he was funny, charismatic, he was dropping 40 pt games on a normal basis, and most of all, he sold tickets and got fans excited.

I'm not clumping the entire league into 2 players. Look at the rookies and young players like rose who excite fans and sell tickets, how about Blake griffin who single handedly has completely turned the franchise around. Is he paid what he's worth?

Whennyou have guaranteed money, and specific pay structure your going to have good and bad contracts. At the end of the day it's managements decision where to spend money.

I can't feel bad for teams who aren't doing well and do nothing ton excite there fan base. Excited fan bases will support there team. Reminder, only the crappy franchises are the pushing this lockout.

miller74
06-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Id rather taken advice from a homeless crackhead than this clown

HeaTxRipZz
06-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Really don't wanna think about Gil's comments I read this earlier today actually and shrugged it off......

As far as the lockout goes. I think both the players and owners should be blamed. Now granted anyone who is offered a crazy amount of money will not turn it down but there is a such thing called greed/greedy. Alot of these guys have went most of their lives making minimum wage to making 7 figure numbers a year and maybe even more with endorsements. Sometimes it would be nice if a player took 5-6 million less off of his team contract to help fill the roster or to save the team some money and make it up in endorsements.

As far as the owners I think they should have been smarter with moves they have made. Sure there are other guys that you may feel will pay the amount you offer a guy but you let them make that mistake overpaying a Role-Player. When you are a smaller market team and you know your financial situation isn't the best the last thing you want to do is overpay guys who won't draw in the money.

Both sides need to come up with something that works for both equally. The players will have to make a sacrifice and so will the owners.

Tony_Starks
06-30-2011, 03:36 PM
At the end of the day its greed, pride, and short sightedness on both sides. Moreso from management but still everyone is at fault.

People want to say the players aren't smart or whatever but how smart do the owners look for letting a product that has gradually after years won back most fans from the last lockout, plus created a whole new generation of fans, lockout at its peak of global popularity?

Even if they eventually get what they want the ends in no way justifies the means....

Shmontaine
06-30-2011, 03:37 PM
They had a choice not to pay him, just like every other company in the world. Therefore he's worth what teams will pay.

They decided to pay him because he was funny, charismatic, he was dropping 40 pt games on a normal basis, and most of all, he sold tickets and got fans excited.

The problem is the money is guaranteed, not the performances... gil stopped performing and that's what has hurt the team the most.. if he was still the arenas he was before the contract was signed, nobody would be saying anything... or, should i say, less people would be complaining...

I'm not clumping the entire league into 2 players. Look at the rookies and young players like rose who excite fans and sell tickets, how about Blake griffin who single handedly has completely turned the franchise around. Is he paid what he's worth?

well no, but that's the only thing that actually is in the owners favor.. the rookie scale contracts are one of the best things to happen to the league... nfl is adopting it to an extent...

Whennyou have guaranteed money, and specific pay structure your going to have good and bad contracts. At the end of the day it's managements decision where to spend money.

I can't feel bad for teams who aren't doing well and do nothing ton excite there fan base. Excited fan bases will support there team. Reminder, only the crappy franchises are the pushing this lockout.

there will never be all good teams... there inherently have to be bad trades and contracts... the issue is limiting the impact said transactions influence the future and health of the team/league... should players of bad teams take a hit because their teams suck??? i don't think so... but the owners do... i agree the ownership/management should hurt because of bad trades and so on, but not the extent where they cant operate... there has to be a middle ground here...

i don't feel bad for drose or blake because they're making too little... they sell themselves on the court and make more money outside of the nba because of the nba... owners, not so much... their income from their operation is dependent on how well the team does more so than the players for sure...

Shmontaine
06-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Really don't wanna think about Gil's comments I read this earlier today actually and shrugged it off......

As far as the lockout goes. I think both the players and owners should be blamed. Now granted anyone who is offered a crazy amount of money will not turn it down but there is a such thing called greed/greedy. Alot of these guys have went most of their lives making minimum wage to making 7 figure numbers a year and maybe even more with endorsements. Sometimes it would be nice if a player took 5-6 million less off of his team contract to help fill the roster or to save the team some money and make it up in endorsements.

As far as the owners I think they should have been smarter with moves they have made. Sure there are other guys that you may feel will pay the amount you offer a guy but you let them make that mistake overpaying a Role-Player. When you are a smaller market team and you know your financial situation isn't the best the last thing you want to do is overpay guys who won't draw in the money.

Both sides need to come up with something that works for both equally. The players will have to make a sacrifice and so will the owners.

please provide a link of current nba players who had minimum wage jobs... i would love to see it... there is no way this is true... maybe their families aren't well to do, but these players spend their lives playing ball, not working at mcdonalds

Epicfailure
06-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Ok I really want to understand what he's saying here, and I think I get it. But seriously, that was like trying to decipher some foreign language I'm barely familiar with. I mean Jesus, he can't seem to string together a coherent sentence. And yet he'll make more money next season alone, even if he averages 5 points a game and doesn't play half the season, than I will in my entire life.

The Owners are complaining about losing money? You're wealthy enough to own a professional sports team. So get over it. You're not hurting for cash. I'm sorry you have to choose between buying a Yacht or a Bugatti Veyron instead of just buying them both.

Tony_Starks
06-30-2011, 03:58 PM
please provide a link of current nba players who had minimum wage jobs... i would love to see it... there is no way this is true... maybe their families aren't well to do, but these players spend their lives playing ball, not working at mcdonalds

Don't even bother man. I swear some of the guys think the majority of the NBA guys were like homeless orphans off the streets that are just so happened to find a basketball and learn to play. lol

A lot of the guys were just kids from regular middle class families, and actually a lot had parents that were professional athletes and had the luxury of attending basketball camps half their lives.

HeaTxRipZz
06-30-2011, 04:01 PM

Bro when they are in college how else are they keeping money in their pockets there are plenty of guys who had part time jobs before going to the NBA and for those who didn't their family was a minimum wage family or even if it were middle class they were still living a average life which was the whole point I was trying to get across lol if you stop trying to nit pick everyones post maybe it wouldn't have flown over your head

HeaTxRipZz
06-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Don't even bother man. I swear some of the guys think the majority of the NBA guys were like homeless orphans off the streets that are just so happened to find a basketball and learn to play. lol

A lot of the guys were just kids from regular middle class families, and actually a lot had parents that were professional athletes and had the luxury of attending basketball camps half their lives.

Where did I say anything about homeless, orphans or anything like that. See I'm actually a person that came from nothing to having something so I don't just make assumption next time direct it at me when making a comment........Most of these guys have had jobs at some point in time whether it's working for their parents business part time / helping out or having a actual part time job.

Even middle class my word still stands they weren't making millions before so it wouldn't hurt to let go of a little right or wrong. Yall dudes take every little word ppl say like it means JUST that. Quote me where I said all of them where homeless or whatever else you said cause I guarentee you can't. If they have been in the league since maybe 18-22 years old and I see most of their lives prior to getting into the NBA where do they have the time to have jobs that aren't minimum wage. Teenagers don't get paid big bucks like that lol

Since guys feel the need to be so literal instead of understanding the general point let me break it down so you understand it better. Most of these guys have lived average lives not making millions of dollars. So it wouldn't hurt to let go of a few. Is that better? :) I would still like to know where I gave off that I though they were homeless orphans or anything like that....just curious. Cause I thought we were speaking on teenagers and college kids (Their time prior to being in the league). Even then I'm lost how you get homless orphan from Minimum wage job LOL

Tony_Starks
06-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Where did I say anything about homeless, orphans or anything like that. See I'm actually a person that came from nothing to having something so I don't just make assumption next time direct it at me when making a comment........Most of these guys have had jobs at some point in time whether it's working for their parents business part time / helping out or having a actual part time job.

Even middle class my word still stands they weren't making millions before so it wouldn't hurt to let go of a little right or wrong. Yall dudes take every little word ppl say like it means JUST that. Quote me where I said all of them where homeless or whatever else you said cause I guarentee you can't. If they have been in the league since maybe 18-22 years old and I see most of their lives prior to getting into the NBA where do they have the time to have jobs that aren't minimum wage. Teenagers don't get paid big bucks like that lol

Since guys feel the need to be so literal instead of understanding the general point let me break it down so you understand it better. Most of these guys have lived average lives not making millions of dollars. So it wouldn't hurt to let go of a few. Is that better? :) I would still like to know where I gave off that I though they were homeless orphans or anything like that....just curious. Cause I thought we were speaking on teenagers and college kids (Their time prior to being in the league). Even then I'm lost how you get homless orphan from Minimum wage job LOL

Um, I think I was being sarcastic there buddy. But my point is there's a big difference of a teen working at Walmart because you have to and working at walmart for some pocket money when you know ultimately you got serious game and are a stud athlete. College is college, everybody is starving (well unless your at Harvard) but even then if they are the man they know their payday is coming. Those situations are different from normal high school and college kids.

But really if you look at your main argument which is basically these millionares can afford to give up a few bucks then how about their BILLIONAIRE bosses? Do you know how much 1 billion dollars is? You think they will be going bankrupt anytime soon?

edit*
Also my sentiment wasn't just directed at you but moreso to the "these guys make too much anyway" people. They forget that these players are not 9-5'rs,they're entertainers! When you go see your favorite movie you don't complain about the actors getting ridiculously paid......

Shmontaine
06-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Bro when they are in college how else are they keeping money in their pockets there are plenty of guys who had part time jobs before going to the NBA and for those who didn't their family was a minimum wage family or even if it were middle class they were still living a average life which was the whole point I was trying to get across lol if you stop trying to nit pick everyones post maybe it wouldn't have flown over your head

again,... you're wrong... most these kids never worked a day in their lives...

links are good if you're so sure your right.... find one, post it....

it seems a lot has flown over your head...

HeaTxRipZz
06-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Um, I think I was being sarcastic there buddy. But my point is there's a big difference of a teen working at Walmart because you have to and working at walmart for some pocket money when you know ultimately you got serious game and are a stud athlete. College is college, everybody is starving (well unless your at Harvard) but even then if they are the man they know their payday is coming. Those situations are different from normal high school and college kids.

But really if you look at your main argument which is basically these millionares can afford to give up a few bucks then how about their BILLIONAIRE bosses? Do you know how much 1 billion dollars is? You think they will be going bankrupt anytime soon?

I agree 10000000% they both need to find a middle ground and both make sacrifices and that's where the problem is. I think they players are willing to lose a few extra dollars at this point atleast from what I've read gives me that feeling but the owners want not only their piece of the pie but alot of the players as well.

But as far as being sarcastic I gathered that just gets extremely annoying when everytime someone posts something in the NBA forum there's never a legit discussion always assumptions about the poster and why they are posting lol so I will apologize for getting angry as far as that

HeaTxRipZz
06-30-2011, 04:36 PM
again,... you're wrong... most these kids never worked a day in their lives...

links are good if you're so sure your right.... find one, post it....

it seems a lot has flown over your head...

lol you still don't get it man. Honestly I'm not going to even bother if you still don't understand after me changing what I initially said. I will try 1 more time. There are quite a few NBA players who have held jobs as teenagers and or college kids to keep money in their pocket not EVERY single player has a family that has the funds to take care of them until they get rich. But even then like I stated above my point is that Lower class, Middle Class or whatever they lived average lives before making millions so it wouldn't hurt to just sacrifice a little bit that was the point that flew over your head. It's called reading between the lines even if I didn't over explain and add in extra crap like oh well some didn't work and some did and some did this and some did that you should still understand the point if you weren't on here trying to be argumental for no reason at all.

Take the time to read what I'm saying rather than looking for a argument on the internet that's not what I'm on here for nore do guys see me on here doing EVER. Also google is your friend I'm not here to find and post things up for you the same way I would find it and post it you would do the same thing :)

NBA_Starter
06-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Gilbert :love:

Shmontaine
06-30-2011, 04:51 PM
lol you still don't get it man. Honestly I'm not going to even bother if you still don't understand after me changing what I initially said. I will try 1 more time. There are quite a few NBA players who have held jobs as teenagers and or college kids to keep money in their pocket not EVERY single player has a family that has the funds to take care of them until they get rich. But even then like I stated above my point is that Lower class, Middle Class or whatever they lived average lives before making millions so it wouldn't hurt to just sacrifice a little bit that was the point that flew over your head. It's called reading between the lines even if I didn't over explain and add in extra crap like oh well some didn't work and some did and some did this and some did that you should still understand the point if you weren't on here trying to be argumental for no reason at all.

Take the time to read what I'm saying rather than looking for a argument on the internet that's not what I'm on here for nore do guys see me on here doing EVER. Also google is your friend I'm not here to find and post things up for you the same way I would find it and post it you would do the same thing :)

again, take the time to google before you post things that aren't true... you have no basis for your claims other than your opinion... kids on bball scholarships aren't allowed to work, at all... how many college walk-ons make it to the nba??...

it doensn't matter if they never had money or if they did, it's still millions of dollars...

i'm not trying to argue, man... your stating opinions as facts, and it's not... i don't need to read between the lines to know you don't know what your talking about...

HeaTxRipZz
06-30-2011, 05:12 PM
again, take the time to google before you post things that aren't true... you have no basis for your claims other than your opinion... kids on bball scholarships aren't allowed to work, at all... how many college walk-ons make it to the nba??...

it doensn't matter if they never had money or if they did, it's still millions of dollars...

i'm not trying to argue, man... your stating opinions as facts, and it's not... i don't need to read between the lines to know you don't know what your talking about...

lol you're not trying to argue but so far your last few post your approach to members is hostile is it or is it not? Everything is about approach and how you speak well in this case type to people.

Like I said before the whole point I was trying to get across was they were living average lives before they were rich and famous so it wouldn't hurt to let go of a few now to avoid a lock out. Yes the job situation is an opinion and I'm pretty damn sure quite a few of them had jobs during HS and off the books gigs while in college to keep some ends in their pocket. Being that it's an opinion both ways how can you claim I don't know what I'm talking about that makes no sense at all. I feel people had jobs at some point or another (even off the books) before becoming rich and you feel otherwise we both can't truly say what it is for sure but answer me this. For the guys who's parents and family can't afford to spoon feed them until they can get that big check. How do they keep gas in the cars they have? How do they keep food in their mouths? How do they keep decent clothes?

See you may not be from the other side of the tracks where you have to find ways to do for yourself. Personally I am and that's where I'm speaking from and the players I'm speaking about and that's what I should have specified. The same ways they are now finding out that players have been taking money from agents and all this crap while in college is it too far fetched that some did work on the side to keep a few extra bucks in their pocket? I speak from experience and guys I know who either did the basketball thing or currently play.

I'm not gonna continue to fill this thread with pointless arguing so if you have anything else to say hit my private message

Shmontaine
06-30-2011, 05:38 PM
no need for pm... this is a discussion board...

i guess what i'm saying is, it doesn't matter if they were born rich or not... making 10 million is similar to 6 million... the whole point doesn't matter IMO...

they need to find a way to get this done...

i'm off to the taste of chicago!!! have a good night

12evolution 9
06-30-2011, 07:23 PM

see what I did there.

lol .. foreal what is wrong with Soccer... USA USA USA... SEATTLE SOUNDERS!!!!!

Darrell Russell
06-30-2011, 07:45 PM

So people who have lived off welfare and minimum wage most of their lives should take paycuts to help out billionaires? That makes sense to you and is fair?

rwynyc
06-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Has anyone else signed up for twitter just for Gilbert. I really am on the fence for signing up.

king4day
06-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Has anyone else signed up for twitter just for Gilbert. I really am on the fence for signing up.

This can be discussed in the arenas thread.

kenzo400
06-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Except it will never happen. Fans will keep paying no matter what. That's exactly how BOTH the owners and players exploited this until it broke.

Maybe, but fan attendance has gone down for a lot of teams. The Kings come to mind. I don't think they can just keep hijacking ticket prices and expect high turnout always.

kenzo400
06-30-2011, 08:54 PM

:laugh:

the_avez
06-30-2011, 08:57 PM
The NBA has been at the top of the sports world since LeBron's decision last summer and this lockout is going to really hurt that if they don't get it solved soon

Lucky Junior
06-30-2011, 09:05 PM
um, this

You signed the deal.

How can you be mad at him, for someone else offering him more money than he's worth??? I think that's the main problem. You get GM's who overpay players left and right, and then complain that they are broke. Obviously some rules need to be changed, but I think a lot of the rules that need changing should pertain to how Owner's and GMs do business.

Sign and trade has to go, protected picks in trades have to go, contracts should only last a max of 4 years, etc. In my opinion GA and all the other players in the NBA have done nothing wrong (when it comes to this).

Lakerhead4ever
06-30-2011, 09:28 PM
no matter how much money he makes, he spoke the truth.

and before he was injured he was top 10 and more clutch than most. wish he had more help

FLWolvesFan
06-30-2011, 09:39 PM
How can you be mad at him, for someone else offering him more money than he's worth??? I think that's the main problem. You get GM's who overpay players left and right, and then complain that they are broke. Obviously some rules need to be changed, but I think a lot of the rules that need changing should pertain to how Owner's and GMs do business.

Sign and trade has to go, protected picks in trades have to go, contracts should only last a max of 4 years, etc. In my opinion GA and all the other players in the NBA have done nothing wrong (when it comes to this).

This.

The owners are the one's signing the contracts so they have no one to blame but themselves.

FriedTofuz
06-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Gilbert is right. We should lock the owners out and not come to games unless the courtside seats are like 200 bucks. Hot dogs should be free =D

MagicHero3
07-01-2011, 09:30 AM
thats the problem- theres no entity or organization that represents US- the fans! the bread a butter! the SOURCE of ALL their income! WHY dont we have a voice in this? we are the investors for cryin out loud!!

llemon
07-01-2011, 11:05 AM

No one is mad at Gilbert because he took the money.

But his contract being guaranteed is one of the reasons there is a lockout.

Arenas should just count his money, play with his gun collection and SHUT UP.