PDA

View Full Version : Warriors pick up options on Curry, Udoh; Amundson undecided

MackShock
06-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Guard Stephen Curry and forward Ekpe Udoh had their contract options picked up by the Warriors Wednesday. For Curry it was a fourth-year option and for Udoh it was for year three.

The moves were expected. Curry averaged 18.6 points, 3.9 rebounds and 5.8 assists per game last season. Udoh posted averages of 4.1 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.5 blocks.

Under the terms of the NBA’s current collective bargaining agreement, the first two years of a first-round draft pick’s contract are guaranteed, while the third and fourth year of the contract are the team’s option.

Curry was selected by the Warriors with the seventh overall selection in the 2009 NBA Draft, while Udoh was selected with the sixth pick in 2010

http://www.csnbayarea.com/06/29/11/Warriors-exercise-contract-options-for-C/l_gswarriors.html?blockID=538245&feedID=2799

Not much of a surprise here, just keeping Warriors forum interesting..

MackShock
06-29-2011, 04:49 PM
The agent for Lou Amundson said his client has not yet made a decision about whether he'll exercise his player option for the 2011-12 season and return to the Warriors.

Amundson, who signed a two-year contract with the Warriors worth $4.6 million last offseason, has until Thursday to let the team know if he'll return. Mark Bartelstein,

Amundson's agent, said Amundson will take the rest of the week to make his decision, but "(Lou) is excited about the Mark Jackson decision."

Warriors owner Joe Lacob said on Monday that he believes -- and that the team is expecting -- Amundson to opt in. Amundson's contract for the 2011-12 season is worth $2.4 million. Obviously, if Amundson were to opt out, that money would come off the Warriors' books, and -- potentially, depending on the new CBA -- give them a little more free agent spending money.

Amundson averaged 4.3 points and 4.0 rebounds for the Warriors last season, which were similar to the numbers he posted in Phoenix the previous two years. But Amundson played just 46 games for the Warriors in 2010-11, and missed the first 20 games of the season with a fractured index finger.

Amundson also missed a handful of games in February with back spasms. Still, at his best Amundson provided energy off the bench and a willingness to take a hard foul.

"It's a tough decision," Bartelstein said. "There are only so many times in your career you have a chance to be a free agent. At the same time, the things that Mark Jackson values really seems to be the kinds of things that Lou brings."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/06/28/11/Warriors-Amundson-yet-to-decide-on-playe/l_gswarriors.html?blockID=537957&feedID=2799

Should we welcome Amundson back?

I find it funny that they dont mention Amundson's agent by name; he's either not a famous one or they Amundson isnt enough of a superstar lol

ULT WARRIOR408
06-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Yeah I'm not so sure Udoh & Amundson are in the Warriors future plans,but I could be wrong.

GSW 2012 CHAMPS
06-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Yeah I'm not so sure Udoh & Amundson are in the Warriors future plans,but I could be wrong.

Udoh has to be even if it's only because he was a lotto pick last year.

djeller1139
06-29-2011, 05:19 PM
I want Amundson to opt out. I'd rather see us put our money elsewhere; he disappointed last season.

COOLbeans
06-29-2011, 05:25 PM
They're probably putting pressure on him to opt out, hence why his decision is taking so long. He probably wants to stay though.

likemystylez
06-29-2011, 07:16 PM
I want Amundson to opt out. I'd rather see us put our money elsewhere; he disappointed last season.

LOL im leanin that way too... but the slight hesitation is just that... LOL a lot of what amundson brings to the warriors is exactly what they are lacking. (he just isnt very good at it - if that makes sense) I think it would have helped had he been through a full training camp. I guess i wish I knew we were going to get an upgrade in the front court before amundson leaves... then again, its his decision.

likemystylez
06-29-2011, 07:17 PM
They're probably putting pressure on him to opt out, hence why his decision is taking so long. He probably wants to stay though.

I think he might be looking for a new multi year deal, because if the warriors get a bunch of new bigs... and udoh starts to get a lot of minutes... amundsons value might further decrease with a diminishing role on his current team.

In fairness though- he played well for pho during the play offs, but he was probably a bit overhyped coming in last summer.

likemystylez
06-29-2011, 07:21 PM

probably a smoke screen by amundsons agent in an elaborate scheme to have amundson replace ellis as the starting 2 guard. The writing is on the wall.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-29-2011, 07:53 PM
probably a smoke screen by amundsons agent in an elaborate scheme to have amundson replace ellis as the starting 2 guard. The writing is on the wall.

:crazy:

nipdon24
06-29-2011, 09:18 PM
LOL im leanin that way too... but the slight hesitation is just that... LOL a lot of what amundson brings to the warriors is exactly what they are lacking. (he just isnt very good at it - if that makes sense) I think it would have helped had he been through a full training camp. I guess i wish I knew we were going to get an upgrade in the front court before amundson leaves... then again, its his decision.

The reasons you stated were why I was so excited last year when we picked him up. Tough player who gives 100% energy off the bench. However, he was beyond a disappointment tho, with all his injuries and lack of hustle that I saw out of him in previous years.

MackShock
06-29-2011, 09:43 PM
amundson was supposed to bring energy to the team, and he did so to an extent. but it just doesnt cut it when youre an undersized big who cant really rebound and you smoke every point blank layup you attempt.

the good thing is, he absorbs fouls..:) keeps dlee out of foul trouble

MackShock
06-29-2011, 09:44 PM
curry and udoh welcome back :) good job lacob

likemystylez
06-29-2011, 11:00 PM
amundson was supposed to bring energy to the team, and he did so to an extent. but it just doesnt cut it when youre an undersized big who cant really rebound and you smoke every point blank layup you attempt.

the good thing is, he absorbs fouls..:) keeps dlee out of foul trouble

LOL I think he got called for a foul one time when he wasnt in the game. He was at the scorers table ready to check in at a deadball.... and the ref accidently gave his number to the scorers table when assessing the foul. LOL jb and fitz had a good time with that one.

sfattahian
06-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Lol Amundson undecided my ***. No way he opts out. I wish... We could really use his cap room. Coming off such a wasted useless year, nobody wants Amundson. I hate the agent BS "you only get to be a free agent so many times..," like he is even considering opting out. F'ing joke. I'd bet my life he opts in, duhhhhhh!!

MackShock
06-30-2011, 02:01 AM
LOL I think he got called for a foul one time when he wasnt in the game. He was at the scorers table ready to check in at a deadball.... and the ref accidently gave his number to the scorers table when assessing the foul. LOL jb and fitz had a good time with that one.

this is just ridiculous...it kind of shows the level of respect the warriors get. did the refs have the common courtesy to correct it?

likemystylez
06-30-2011, 10:04 AM
this is just ridiculous...it kind of shows the level of respect the warriors get. did the refs have the common courtesy to correct it?

Yes as it was an obvious error....they ignored keith smarts request to correct it. I thinkt he foul was on udoh and he talked to one of the refs and they corrected it.