PDA

View Full Version : NBA scout gushes over Harrison Barnes after he balls up Durant

Clippersfan86
06-28-2011, 10:47 PM
"An NBA scout gushing over UNC's Harrison Barnes battling KDurant at Chicago camp last night. "Top pick in the next draft -- by far," he says."

Chupi
06-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Not thread worthy at all but whatever.

The next two draft classes are gonna be very good.

Shaolin718
06-28-2011, 10:57 PM
He never balled up Durant. Threads are misleading lol

SA5195
06-28-2011, 10:57 PM
I wanna see some clips of him going up against Durant

AntiG
06-28-2011, 10:59 PM
him and Perry Jones will be boss in the NBA. elite talents.

drobe86
06-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Lol.. people just say anything. Harrison Barnes is a very talented player but is closer to Marvin Williams than Kevin Durant.... JUST STOP

Crackadalic
06-28-2011, 11:04 PM
2012 draft is just oozing with talent

LTBaByyy
06-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Wouldnt be surprised, Durant is not very good at defense

But is a god at offense. If Barnes did this against Lebron then I would be shocked

Chronz
06-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Lol.. people just say anything. Harrison Barnes is a very talented player but is closer to Marvin Williams than Kevin Durant.... JUST STOP

So true

Big Quett
06-28-2011, 11:13 PM

But is a god at offense. If Barnes did this against Lebron then I would be shocked

yeap that about sums up my feelings

KnicksR4Real
06-28-2011, 11:19 PM
cule

king4day
06-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Didn't get the impression he ripped him apart. Just battled with him. Probably held hs own.

CB29
06-28-2011, 11:22 PM
this is why taking valanciunas was an awesome decision by the raps... Can you say, barnes, valanciunas and derozan in 2012... okc v2.0

CavsYanksDuke
06-28-2011, 11:24 PM
I still can't believe the Clippers have the Timberwolves pick next year...

LTBaByyy
06-28-2011, 11:26 PM
this is why taking valanciunas was an awesome decision by the raps... Can you say, barnes, valanciunas and derozan in 2012... okc v2.0

Calderon
Derozan
Barnes
Bargs
Valanciunas

:clap:

LTBaByyy
06-28-2011, 11:28 PM

Now if the Clippers land Barnes :speechless:

Bledsoe
Gordon
Barnes
Griffin
Jordan

2012-2013 season opener!!!!

That would seriously be scary! I am so glad that the Mavs won a championshi now lol

NYKnicks4511
06-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Calderon
Derozan
Barnes
Bargs
Valanciunas

Ed Davis too. Good young lineup, better hope history doesn't repeat itself (DeRozan&Barnes - Vince&T-Mac)

Sadds The Gr8
06-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Calderon
Derozan
Barnes
Bargs
Valanciunas

ew

jimbobjarree
06-29-2011, 12:09 AM
shame he didnt come out this year

Krzyzewskiville
06-29-2011, 12:16 AM
...Kyle Singler shut him down against UNC, twice this year.

Silent
06-29-2011, 12:21 AM
2012 draft = 96 draft

Phenomenonsense
06-29-2011, 12:26 AM

Good thing Pistons got Singler then :D

FriedTofuz
06-29-2011, 12:30 AM
harrison barnes is not the best player available. Jordan Crawford dunked on lebron, does that mean hes better than lebron james? This guy is merly stating his opinion, it doesnt mean Harrison is the best player available. Anthony davis can play PG at 6"10. He has great perimeter skills and hes playing big now since he had a huge growth spurt from 6"3 to 6"10.

FriedTofuz
06-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Ed Davis too. Good young lineup, better hope history doesn't repeat itself (DeRozan&Barnes - Vince&T-Mac)

Except Harrison and demar arent spotlight chasers like TMAC. Derozan and barnes arent cousins either.

ragee
06-29-2011, 12:45 AM

I hope they get Perry Jones... :D

FriedTofuz
06-29-2011, 12:48 AM
I hope they get Perry Jones... :D

The clippers have the timberwolves pick + theyre own? wow that really does suck for minesota. Good for the clippers, this draft is loaded.

BoSox47
06-29-2011, 12:51 AM
The clippers have the timberwolves pick + theyre own? wow that really does suck for minesota. Good for the clippers, this draft is loaded.

celtics have the clippers first round pick but top ten protected until 2016 lol

Sixerlover
06-29-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm telling you this next draft class is loaded. Harrison could end up a superstar, and the 3rd or 4th best player in the draft behind Anthony Davis (:drool:), Austin Rivers(:drool:) and Michael Gilchrist (:drool:). Then you still have potential stars like Jared Sullinger and Perry Jones, along with Quincy Miller.. Then Terrance Jones and other high level role players like him.. The 2012 draft will be the best since '03 EASY

Arch Stanton
06-29-2011, 01:06 AM
2013 Class has some centers. Andre Drummond project at 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYlnK-kQuHA

iggypop123
06-29-2011, 01:18 AM
its no guarantee they get the first pic. the twolves pick seems to be cursed in the lottery.i know the clips arent making the pick untouachable. aminu and the twolves 1st rouner for either paul or williams? id do it. barnes may be a nice player- better than loul deng but man chris paul on that clipper team with griffin. he may never have to post up, everything will be a dunk

TO Rapz
06-29-2011, 01:18 AM
Barnes + DeRozan + Valuncias = Dynasty.

ChiSox219
06-29-2011, 02:44 AM
I've never seen Harrison Barnes play but all the talk/type I've seen/heard has been excellent except for a lackluster overall frosh year. There's something about highly recruited UNC's wings that just gets me all warm and fuzzy. I hope he has success in the NBA and if there is a lockout, I'll definitely be tuning in for as many UNC games as possible.

Lolz...senior on a anally coached team vs frosh...Singler is just going to be another nobody and another Dukie that fails to win a ring, only Luol Deng can break that stigma.

JJ_JKidd
06-29-2011, 02:51 AM
Activating BASKETBALL PLAYER hype machine.....loading......

enter subject: Harrison Barnes

Response: Activated

:facepalm:

Let the guy play in the NBA first please :confused:

THE GIPPER
06-29-2011, 03:22 AM
It would be cool to see the raps draft myck kabongo cuz I doubt raps get 1st overall.

GreatMustachio1
06-29-2011, 03:25 AM

And Barnes shut Singler down every time they played. Not to mention Singler was a senior while Barnes was a freshman. Who on duke will stop Barnes next year.. while stopping Henson, McAdoo, Hairston, Zeller, Marshall and everyone else at the same time? The answer is nobody. Singler is no where near in the Barne's league. Singler will not last long in the NBA while Barnes will have a long career. Typical stuff when comparing unc and duke players.

GreatMustachio1
06-29-2011, 03:31 AM

You are so completely wrong, it isn't even funny. Obviously you have never seen Barnes play. Unlike probably everyone else that has posted in this threqad, I have seen every game Barnes has played. He is no Marvin Williams. He is far better and can do way more things than Williams. He is no Durant either. Barnes actually very very good defense and can score like crazy. Take time to watch some UNC games this upcoming season. You'll be completely amazed by what you see.

thenetslegend
06-29-2011, 03:39 AM
if deron want to leave nj, i wouldnt mind trading him to the clippers. i want those draft picks

sventhedog
06-29-2011, 03:52 AM

as long as there are no quarters or finals, lebron can probably guard him lol. otherwise, i'm going with barnes on this one, even if it was matt barnes.

Kashmir13579
06-29-2011, 04:41 AM
I'm telling you this next draft class is loaded. Harrison could end up a superstar, and the 3rd or 4th best player in the draft behind Anthony Davis (:drool:), Austin Rivers(:drool:) and Michael Gilchrist (:drool:). Then you still have potential stars like Jared Sullinger and Perry Jones, along with Quincy Miller.. Then Terrance Jones and other high level role players like him.. The 2012 draft will be the best since '03 EASY

You forgot about Kris Joseph. He has star potential as well.

Heediot
06-29-2011, 09:31 AM

Clippers should trade Kaman, Mo, and their own draft Pick for an elite PG instead of a straight up Iggy for Kaman deal. Then hopefully they land Barnes with the Twolves pick. That team would be damn stacked. Or maybe they should try to make a package for cp3. 2 First round picks including Wolves, Bledsoe, Aminu, Kaman for CP3.

Back to Topic. Harrison Barnes is more of a Sean Elliot than a Marvin Williams, and obviously not a Durant. He has the potential to be a better version of Sean Elliot though, which is pretty damn good.

Sly Guy
06-29-2011, 10:06 AM

Please, 'sh' sounds aren't spelt with Krzy. That's just crazy. Fix your name.

DR_1
06-29-2011, 10:11 AM
harrison barnes is not the best player available. Jordan Crawford dunked on lebron, does that mean hes better than lebron james? This guy is merly stating his opinion, it doesnt mean Harrison is the best player available. Anthony davis can play PG at 6"10. He has great perimeter skills and hes playing big now since he had a huge growth spurt from 6"3 to 6"10.

Austin Rivers???!!!

stuckyfreshhh
06-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Imagine him on the Wizards! Barnes, Wall, McGee!!!?!!?! That'd be the OKC 2.0 + Nick Young, Vesely, and Crawford!

kbrill21
06-29-2011, 10:39 AM
You are so completely wrong, it isn't even funny. Obviously you have never seen Barnes play. Unlike probably everyone else that has posted in this threqad, I have seen every game Barnes has played. He is no Marvin Williams. He is far better and can do way more things than Williams. He is no Durant either. Barnes actually very very good defense and can score like crazy. Take time to watch some UNC games this upcoming season. You'll be completely amazed by what you see.

^^^^ This. Most scouts compare him to Carmelo Anthony or a better all around Luol Deng. As soon as they watch UNC games like I have they will be begging for their favorite NBA team to get him at number 1. I know I am.

Chronz
06-29-2011, 10:41 AM
I cant believe it took so long for us to finally be able to use it, its now within reach and our patience will hopefully be rewarded

THE GIPPER
06-29-2011, 10:47 AM
as long as there are no quarters or finals, lebron can probably guard him lol. otherwise, i'm going with barnes on this one, even if it was matt barnes.

Yep barnes>lebron :facepalm:

North Yorker
06-29-2011, 10:52 AM
I've only seen him play 2 games this past year, but it seems to me that he lacks above average athleticism and slashing ability. I rarely saw him drive past his man. And just by looking at the stats he is getting to the line less then 2 times a game. That doesnt scream elite prospect to me.

If he plays good defense and can shoot he could be a solid starting SF, much like a Deng clone.

Hustlenomics
06-29-2011, 10:53 AM

So true

you guys haven't watched him play. He's better than marvin Williams now he is a stud

twoearl
06-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah comparing Barnes to Marvin Williams is absurd. Barnes will be at the very least be a 15pts and 6rebs guy his rookie year in the nba...

stuckyfreshhh
06-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Barnes shot is so wet tho and his D is so good. At worst he'll be a solid starting SF.

Someone said something about him not getting to the FT line I think if anything he just falls in love with his jump shot a bit to much.. but who can blame him.

LakersIn5
06-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Now if the Clippers land Barnes :speechless:

Bledsoe
Gordon
Barnes
Griffin
Jordan

2012-2013 season opener!!!!

That would seriously be scary! I am so glad that the Mavs won a championshi now lol

now what if the clippers didnt do the baron davis-mo williams trade. then they still would have their 1st round pick WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE NO.1! assuming they would take irving then

IRVING
GORDON
BARNES
GRIFFIN
JORDAN

Chronz
06-29-2011, 11:43 AM
you guys haven't watched him play. He's better than marvin Williams now he is a stud
No you havent watched him play..... Sick burn

Yeah comparing Barnes to Marvin Williams is absurd. Barnes will be at the very least be a 15pts and 6rebs guy his rookie year in the nba...

Not nearly as absurd as comparing him to a bonafide superstar. Marvin Williams is an example of his floor and Durant is his ceiling, the reason hes closer to Williams than Durant is because of Durants FAR superior rate of development.

Stack up their freshman years against each other and you'll see why.

Clippersfan86
06-29-2011, 03:52 PM
I cant believe it took so long for us to finally be able to use it, its now within reach and our patience will hopefully be rewarded

7 or 8 seasons of waiting man. The funniest part is we got Cassell too which is who led us to the playoffs. I think we are SO lucky that it happens to fall on one of the deepest drafts ever. Even if Wolves improve and it's a 10 pick or something we can still get a really good piece.

FriedTofuz
06-30-2011, 12:03 AM
He never balled up Durant. Threads are misleading lol

Quite.

Oh your a scout? you can judge how good harrison barnes is? :speechless:

You have yet to see valancunias and barnes even play a game. Theres something called busts when players cant live up to the hype. There is no gurantee on what the outcome will be.

It certainly has a lot of talent. I doubt Gm's will agree with you. THis draft does not have best talent since 03.

Barnes + DeRozan + Valuncias = Dynasty.

Barnes and "valuncias" have yet to play an nba game, yet theyre pieces to make a dynasty? :facepalm:

lamar2006
06-30-2011, 12:13 AM

nobody wants to play for Toronto. lol. Seriously can you see Lebron James/ Bryant/Howard or any other elite player jumping to go play in Toronto???

tmacsc2
06-30-2011, 12:38 AM
I think harrison barnes will be raw, i just hope he doesnt go to a lame *** team!

wizardsfan3
06-30-2011, 12:51 AM
LOLOL at comparison to Marvin Williams

SMH!
06-30-2011, 12:55 AM
SMH harrison and marvin williams?

Ebbs
06-30-2011, 04:53 AM
I'm excited for next years class. Perry Jones will be Ill. Terrence Jones reaks of bust.

nykobe24
06-30-2011, 06:14 AM
don't forget about austin rivers now...He's going to light up his competition this year and then be a lottery pick next year

koreancabbage
06-30-2011, 08:31 AM

well good thing it ended up that way unlike the Cavs who got two lottery draft picks in a weak draft.