PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical trade of the century: Lebron James for Dwight Howard

RIPSweetness34
06-28-2011, 02:26 AM
If this has already been discussed than delete.

I have to throw it out there because it is probably one of the only trades that could be done strictly player for player for either of these guys. Gives the Heat the most dominant front court in the NBA while still having an amazing player in Wade controlling the ball, and Dwight gets to stay in Florida. Makes them better IMPO

Gives Orlando one of the best in the game under contract for like 5 more years and keeps them relevant.

Gives LBJ exactly what he deserves. How funny would this be though honestly?? Discuss....

John Walls Era
06-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Pretty funny actually. Lebron would get what he deserves. I actually like this for the Heat, and I can't imagine Orlando would say no since Dwight hasn't signed an extension yet.

unleashthebeast
06-28-2011, 02:32 AM
As much as this would help our team (HEAT) there is no chance we ever do a deal like this. Lebron gave up too much to come here, and there is no chhance our front office ever trades him, or any of the big 3 for that matter. Pass

RIPSweetness34
06-28-2011, 02:34 AM
That's what I'm saying, I think this would put them exactly where they need to be. Lebron would have to sit back and watch Wade win 1...2....3......4.........5 possibly 6 without him. Don't see anyone who could stop them until Wade breaks down, and would totally butt ram the Bulls and Lebron if it happened so I hope it doesn't. But they would be tough man.

Catfish1314
06-28-2011, 02:39 AM
As much as this would help our team (HEAT) there is no chance we ever do a deal like this. Lebron gave up too much to come here, and there is no chhance our front office ever trades him, or any of the big 3 for that matter. Pass

That's fun to think about but I can't see Pat Riley realistically passing on a trade that improves the present and the future of a franchise he manages.

thenetslegend
06-28-2011, 02:43 AM
heat wont do this, howard is testing free agency, if that happend they would have traded lebron for nothing

nickdymez
06-28-2011, 02:53 AM
Yea i been talkin to heat fans about this hypothetical situation for a while. Some use the brain god gave them and thinks this is an awesome trade.. Some are so stubborn that they wont admit that Wade (a guy thats already gave them one chip) would be unstoppable with howard down in the middle...

Saad
06-28-2011, 02:56 AM
heat wont do this, howard is testing free agency, if that happend they would have traded lebron for nothing

Bro, this trade wouldnt happen unless Dwight Signed the extension. (All hypothetical of course) Even if he didnt sign an extension you really think he would pass up playing with Wade + Bosh...? What team could sign him that has better pieces. Use your head man. :confused:

thenetslegend
06-28-2011, 03:02 AM
Bro, this trade wouldnt happen unless Dwight Signed the extension. (All hypothetical of course) Even if he didnt sign an extension you really think he would pass up playing with Wade + Bosh...? What team could sign him that has better pieces. Use your head man. :confused:

maybe dwight wants to play in la so bad he would bolt from miami. you never know, carmelo wanted to play for the knicks the day he got in the league

Silent
06-28-2011, 03:06 AM
if that did happen u can damm well guarantee next contract he will be asking for a no trade clause lol

LakersIn5
06-28-2011, 03:12 AM
why in the hell would lebron deserve to be traded to orlando?? he gave up alot to sign with the heat. and to the bitter lebron haters. stop being bitter. lebron was a free agent he can sign anywhere he wants to. he doesnt owe anything to the cleveland cavaliers. and about "the decision" i dont see anything wrong with it. he is the leagues best player, what he did made the league more exciting. i wanted him to go to the knicks so he could average 35+ 10+ 10+ under mike d'antoni but he went to a team to win a ship and not to pad stats. so i respected him more after that.

gaughan333
06-28-2011, 03:16 AM
LeBron is the best player in the NBA without a question in my mind, but if I am the heat I do this. LeBron is awesome (I don't care if he chocked), Dwight just makes so much more sense for this team.

shep33
06-28-2011, 03:18 AM
Lebron is spectacular, but if you put D12, with Wade and Bosh... that team becomes so much more balanced. No point in playing for the next 3 years, cause that team would dominate everyone.

Miami under Spoelstra is already a great defensive team, add D12, even though they lose Lebron, Howard changes everything within 15 feet. Miami easily obtains the best front court in the NBA, and its not really close.

believeinNYK
06-28-2011, 03:18 AM
Haha this would be so ironic that I'd actually might like to see this happen, with lbj Orlando would still be a playoff team for the next few yrs and build around him but Miami … I would be scared of them

gaughan333
06-28-2011, 03:20 AM
maybe dwight wants to play in la so bad he would bolt from miami. you never know, carmelo wanted to play for the knicks the day he got in the league

Melo had his good friend (age appropriate amare). Kobe is old and obviously going down hill. No way he passes this up. Let the kobe (not you legit lakers fans who understand) fans start

gaughan333
06-28-2011, 03:21 AM
why in the hell would lebron deserve to be traded to orlando?? he gave up alot to sign with the heat. and to the bitter lebron haters. stop being bitter. lebron was a free agent he can sign anywhere he wants to. he doesnt owe anything to the cleveland cavaliers. and about "the decision" i dont see anything wrong with it. he is the leagues best player, what he did made the league more exciting. i wanted him to go to the knicks so he could average 35+ 10+ 10+ under mike d'antoni but he went to a team to win a ship and not to pad stats. so i respected him more after that.

translation "wait, there is a reason d12 wouldn't come to LA?" Its hypothetical my friend

SportsFanatic10
06-28-2011, 03:24 AM
this has been talked about plenty on here already but i'll give my take on it again. yes miami would be more balanced and a better team. but no it won't happen. wade and lebron are friends and after getting lebron here for less then the max it would be a pretty crazy move to deal him after 1 season.

naps
06-28-2011, 03:42 AM
Gives LBJ exactly what he deserves. How funny would this be though honestly?? Discuss....

Lebron would have to sit back and watch Wade win 1...2....3......4.........5 possibly 6 without him.

How on earth LeBron deserves to be traded? Because he didn't choose to play for the Bulls?

You can tell the OP is still mad because LeBron didn't pick his team...SMH...

For this trade idea, NO WAY in the hell I would trade the best player on the planet for Dwight. A prime LeBron can't be touchable for anyone in the history unless we are talking about an exchange with a prime Micheal Jordan or a prime Shaq here.

thenetslegend
06-28-2011, 03:46 AM
How on earth LeBron deserves to be traded? Because he didn't choose to play for the Bulls?

For this trade idea, NO WAY in the hell I would trade the best player on the planet for Dwight. A prime LeBron can't be touchable for anyone in the history unless we are talking about an exchange with a prime Micheal Jordan or a prime Shaq here.

i like lebron an all but he isnt the 3rd best player of all time. he needs to stop choking

naps
06-28-2011, 03:56 AM
i like lebron an all but he isnt the 3rd best player of all time. he needs to stop choking

Doesn't have to be the 3rd best of all time (Which he'll most likely be or even higher, anyway). LeBron's prime/overall dominance is arguably better or equal to anyone in the league history.

Choking? Yea, so Michael Jordan also was choking untill he was 27? Right? And he still won 6 after 27. LeBron is probably the greatest athlete in nba history and is only 26 now. Give it a break. Anyone who thinks about trading LeBron James is a fool.

naps
06-28-2011, 04:00 AM
LMAO! Lakers fans are voting for "Heat fans that say yes "...haha seriously WTF is wrong with you guys? Can't read properly or hating so much on the Heat and it's fanbase? Has to be either one...

thenetslegend
06-28-2011, 04:00 AM
Doesn't have to be the 3rd best of all time (Which he'll most likely be or even higher, anyway). LeBron's prime/overall dominance is arguably better or equal to anyone in the league history.

Choking? Yea, so Michael Jordan also was choking untill he was 27? Right? And he still won 6 after 27. LeBron is probably the greatest athlete in nba history and is only 26 now. Give it a break. Anyone who thinks about trading LeBron James is a fool.

if dwight would sign an extension in miami its something to think about obviously if im the magic

gaughan333
06-28-2011, 04:14 AM

If I'm an owner I'd trade LBJ for a prime kobe and I'd give a BJ, no homo.

broncosfan4eva
06-28-2011, 04:27 AM
LMAO! Lakers fans are voting for "Heat fans that say yes "...haha seriously WTF is wrong with you guys? Can't read properly or hating so much on the Heat and it's fanbase? Has to be either one...

Just 4 u. :)
That way u can go rage some more

210Don
06-28-2011, 04:28 AM
theres not a i dont care option....:(

naps
06-28-2011, 04:30 AM
If I'm an owner I'd trade LBJ for a prime kobe and I'd give a BJ, no homo.

Ok. Good for you. We have different opinions, that's why we are different people. You sig clearly indicates you are a LeBron hater btw. So your opinion won't be acceptable to me because it's not rational.

naps
06-28-2011, 04:33 AM
Just 4 u. :)
That way u can go rage some more

Another Laker fan...smh...Gone and gone from the league. Welcome to irrelevancy...

ragee
06-28-2011, 04:38 AM

Dwight and Bosh are BFFS and have been saying that they wanted to play together...

ChongInc.
06-28-2011, 04:42 AM
I think it's more likely you'll see a bosh/Howard trade. It would probably have to be a 3 way trade involving Anthony and haslem because magic would want more pieces and the heat have no draft picks left.

naps
06-28-2011, 04:48 AM
I think it's more likely you'll see a bosh/Howard trade. It would probably have to be a 3 way trade involving Anthony and haslem because magic would want more pieces and the heat have no draft picks left.

Now this is something Pat Riley will think about seriously. Wade and LeBron are untouchable.

thenetslegend
06-28-2011, 05:00 AM
Now this is something Pat Riley will think about seriously. Wade and LeBron are untouchable.

i would trade wade for howard in a heartbeat

D Roses Bulls
06-28-2011, 05:15 AM
without reading the thread, any REAL bball fan would say yes. howard with wade and bosh would = dynasty.. if you do not believe so you do not know bball. lebron can win with the heat but with howard it would be easier.

naps
06-28-2011, 05:15 AM
i would trade wade for howard in a heartbeat

Which is why you are not a Heat fan. Wade will NEVER be traded. Miami Heat = Dwyane Wade if you didn't know this. I live in South Florida so don't question what I am saying.

naps
06-28-2011, 05:21 AM
without reading the thread, any REAL bball fan would say yes. howard with wade and bosh would = dynasty.. if you do not believe so you do not know bball. lebron can win with the heat but with howard it would be easier.

I would NOT trade LeBron for Howard, So I am not a real basketball fan and I don't know basketball? WTF are you talking about. You think you are a real basketball fan and you know basketball because you ALWAYS hate on LeBron? You need to stay away from LeBron threads. I have seen you spoiling many good LeBron threads. Your avatar, sig, and the tag under your name are good enough to justify who you are and what your intentions would be like.

thenetslegend
06-28-2011, 05:28 AM
Which is why you are not a Heat fan. Wade will NEVER be traded. Miami Heat = Dwyane Wade if you didn't know this. I live in South Florida so don't question what I am saying.

i said i would, i didnt say the heat would. wade is a loyal guy

3ballbomber
06-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Dwight Howard would balances out Miami Heat period!!

What Lebron essentially did to Miami was not only give them 2 players who mirror each others game but financially he also stemmed any improvements in the 1, 5 spots & bench.

In turn Miami had no post presence or a Center that could give them at least 8 ppg + the boards and a pg who, well, can actually facilitate, guard the opposing pg and as well as drain from the perimeter.

If Riley was smart & wants the 2nd title soon he would think twice about Howard/Lebron trade. Wade, Howard & Bosh would rake in titles for years & dominate the league for as long as they are a unit.

JJ_JKidd
06-28-2011, 06:40 AM
So what's in it for Lebron with this trade? He gets to BE THE MAN again. And so again he will continue to win a Ring. :eyebrow:

JordansBulls
06-28-2011, 07:43 AM
I don't think this would happen, but if anyone did this it would be Miami simply because they already have Wade who actually brought Miami a title.

RIPSweetness34
06-28-2011, 11:06 AM

Its not about him choosing to be a free agent, or leaving Cleveland. I am a Bulls fan, I hate Cleveland. It's about him being a Douche Bag with a capital DB and doing things the way he did them, then saying the things he said. Plus, the way he acted after losing in the finals???? Chosen1 my ***.

RIPSweetness34
06-28-2011, 11:13 AM

LMAO at you guys who are defending Lebron. Dude, I am over him not picking my team, last I checked it helped D Rose win an MVP and Lebron did not get his title. Bulls will get better, and I said I hope this doesn't happen because this would make the Heat one of the great dynasties this league has seen. Something that I don't think will be accomplished right now. You guys are focusing on the wrong things, I just think it would be funny for LBJ to do everything he did last year to MULTIPLE teams when he knew exactly where he was going, only to end up in NBA pergatory. If you don't think that would be funny then you care way too much about Lebron James cocky ***. Trust me bro, he doesn't care about you.

RIPSweetness34
06-28-2011, 11:16 AM
So what's in it for Lebron with this trade? He gets to BE THE MAN again. And so again he will continue to win a Ring. :eyebrow:

Nothing, he doesn't have a choice in the matter, you have to be on a team for a long time to get a no trade clause. I truly believe this would work for both teams, Orlando will not get better value, and the Heat will improve an already stellar roster.

mats13--
06-28-2011, 11:17 AM
any heat fans who think this is a bad trade are just the ones who became heat fans during last off season (which i do realize is most of them). Rite now you have a team that makes no sense and doesnt seem to have the ability to play together. With Dwight you not only get a defensive center which every team needs to win in the playoffs, but he would actually make Wade better (and Wade would make him better), unlike Lebron and Wade which hurt eachother.

Lone Maverick
06-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Trade that probably should happen (my opinion) but wont. Just balances out Miami's lineup.

RIPSweetness34
06-28-2011, 11:24 AM

Im amazed you can see your keyboard with Lebron's balls so deep in your mouth. You overrate Lebron and you underrate Dwight. They are probably 2 and 3 right now in terms of current players in the NBA, so I find it hard to believe you can put Lebron as top 3 of all time when Magic has 5, MJ 6, Duncan 5, Kobe 5, Shaq 4, Russel 1,000, Bird 3, Hakeem 2. Stats only matter if you are winning championships, otherwise what is the point?

RIPSweetness34
06-28-2011, 11:26 AM
any heat fans who think this is a bad trade are just the ones who became heat fans during last off season (which i do realize is most of them). Rite now you have a team that makes no sense and doesnt seem to have the ability to play together. With Dwight you not only get a defensive center which every team needs to win in the playoffs, but he would actually make Wade better (and Wade would make him better), unlike Lebron and Wade which hurt eachother.

Not to mention you are trading Lebron for pretty much the only physical specimen in the league that can shut him down in the lane.

RIPSweetness34
06-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Lebron is spectacular, but if you put D12, with Wade and Bosh... that team becomes so much more balanced. No point in playing for the next 3 years, cause that team would dominate everyone.

Miami under Spoelstra is already a great defensive team, add D12, even though they lose Lebron, Howard changes everything within 15 feet. Miami easily obtains the best front court in the NBA, and its not really close.

This is exactly what I am saying, everyone thinks I am simply hating on Lebron and I'm not, I just think it would be amusing. Heat would be SICK

RIPSweetness34
06-28-2011, 11:31 AM
theres not a i dont care option....:(

Don't join the thread, nobody asked you to. I hate when people do this.

RIPSweetness34
06-28-2011, 11:32 AM
this has been talked about plenty on here already but i'll give my take on it again. yes miami would be more balanced and a better team. but no it won't happen. wade and lebron are friends and after getting lebron here for less then the max it would be a pretty crazy move to deal him after 1 season.

Crazy or brilliant???

sp1derm00
06-28-2011, 11:32 AM
If this happened, I actually think it would be good for both teams.

It would obviously balance out Miami and make them the team to beat. I don't see any team beating them barring injury.

For Orlando, they obviously get worse since they're built around Dwight. However, I could possibly see this giving Lebron the edge he needs to be focused and having the desire to win finally. He could be very dangerous if something like this happened.

RIPSweetness34
06-28-2011, 11:37 AM
I would NOT trade LeBron for Howard, So I am not a real basketball fan and I don't know basketball? WTF are you talking about. You think you are a real basketball fan and you know basketball because you ALWAYS hate on LeBron? You need to stay away from LeBron threads. I have seen you spoiling many good LeBron threads. Your avatar, sig, and the tag under your name are good enough to justify who you are and what your intentions would be like.

Can't really tell at this point. I can say this though, you may be a real basketball fan but your crush on Lebron is blinding you. This is a trade that works out for both teams, and would put the Heat in a position to truly dominate. So I guess you just aren't a Heat fan, you are a Lebron fan, which is fine. For those of us that aren't emotionally invested in Lebron, we are trying to look at it logically. This trade would help Orlando keep a superstar and give Miami it's rings.

RIPSweetness34
06-28-2011, 11:38 AM
If this happened, I actually think it would be good for both teams.

It would obviously balance out Miami and make them the team to beat. I don't see any team beating them barring injury.

For Orlando, they obviously get worse since they're built around Dwight. However, I could possibly see this giving Lebron the edge he needs to be focused and having the desire to win finally. He could be very dangerous if something like this happened.

Didn't think about that but its true.

naps
06-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Im amazed you can see your keyboard with Lebron's balls so deep in your mouth. You overrate Lebron and you underrate Dwight. They are probably 2 and 3 right now in terms of current players in the NBA, so I find it hard to believe you can put Lebron as top 3 of all time when Magic has 5, MJ 6, Duncan 5, Kobe 5, Shaq 4, Russel 1,000, Bird 3, Hakeem 2. Stats only matter if you are winning championships, otherwise what is the point?

WTF are you talking about? I am a HEAT fan and I know I will NEVER trade LeBron James, neither will Pat Riley. I never said LeBron is ALREADY a top 3 of all time. I said he has a very realistic potential to get there, maybe even higher. Dude is only 26 and has years of dominance left. His prime will last for years to come and it's as dominant as anyone in the league history. No one thought Jordan would win 6 rings when he was 27. I cannot say the same about Dwight. I understand Dwight might make the Heat a better team for 3 more years. Wade is already 30 and his prime won't last long. Keeping LeBron won't worry the Heat about Wade getting up there with age. I would always take a team built around LeBron than Dwight (when Wade gets older). You just don't trade LeBron James. I am not gonna even talk about his brand value. Having him in your franchise is an automatic increase in your net worth.

mats13--
06-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by naps

^^^
Whats wrong with hating on lebron. Some people actually choose athletes based on their qualitites as a person not as a player (do you choose your friends based on how good they are at their job?) and Lebron seems to be a unintelligent jerk, and all the hate is justified. I along with others cant seperate Lebron the person from Lebron the player and that is why any time he comes up we feel the need to hate on him. Besides, you need people hating on Lebron in your forums as good discussion happens with differing opinions.

juno10
06-28-2011, 11:47 AM
LMAO at you guys who are defending Lebron. Dude, I am over him not picking my team, last I checked it helped D Rose win an MVP and Lebron did not get his title. Bulls will get better, and I said I hope this doesn't happen because this would make the Heat one of the great dynasties this league has seen. Something that I don't think will be accomplished right now. You guys are focusing on the wrong things, I just think it would be funny for LBJ to do everything he did last year to MULTIPLE teams when he knew exactly where he was going, only to end up in NBA pergatory. If you don't think that would be funny then you care way too much about Lebron James cocky ***. Trust me bro, he doesn't care about you.

lebron would still beat the bulls on orlando meh better supporting cast than he had in cleveland plus he did pretty much beat the bulls by himself 2 years in a row (wade struggled huge in that series this year)

naps
06-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Can't really tell at this point. I can say this though, you may be a real basketball fan but your crush on Lebron is blinding you. This is a trade that works out for both teams, and would put the Heat in a position to truly dominate. So I guess you just aren't a Heat fan, you are a Lebron fan, which is fine. For those of us that aren't emotionally invested in Lebron, we are trying to look at it logically. This trade would help Orlando keep a superstar and give Miami it's rings.

Look stop being jealous. We were only 2 games away from winning it all. We almost swept all the teams in the east during the playoffs. There is no one with a realistic chance to challenge the in the east as of now. This was their first year together. Adding some little pieces here and there will fix all the problems. You don't trade the best player on the planet when your team was only 2 games away from the championship. You need little changes and then you are set. Stop acting like a genius. And who the f are you to tell me I am not a Heat fan because I don't want to trade my best player?

Raoul Duke
06-28-2011, 11:52 AM
It would be an awesome trade for everybody except Lebron James. The stand-up-guy in me wants to think that Miami wouldn't do it, but dude, this is a total no-brainer from a basketball standpoint. Bosh would become more of an asset because he'd finally be paired with the physical presence he needs up front, Wade wouldn't have to act like he wants to share the ball with another wing type player, Miami's defense wouldn't slip an inch, and Orlando gets pretty much the only guy in the NBA that wouldn't decrease their revenue and fan-interest in the post-Dwight era.

njnets
06-28-2011, 11:52 AM
would never happen. the first thing that came to my mind was the joe dimaggio-ted williams trade proposal.

both would have done better on the other team. williams could have used the short porch in yankee stadium in right and dimaggio the green monster. the two teams would NEVER trade these guys for each other though because the fans would go crazy.

howard would be great on the heat. bosh would get out of his way in the lane on offense. they would be more balanced. james would be the guy in orlando, no questions asked. hes got some good players their that can help him out when needed.

the trade makes sense and it would help the heat tremendously. the magic could get better if everything worked out but idk to be honest. but it would never happen because fans would go berserk and **** would hit the fan

mats13--
06-28-2011, 11:54 AM

wow talk about a person with no values. So your telling me if you worked at a company for several years, and all the companies customers loved you and adored you to the point where management let you bring in anyone you wanted to the company, and gave roles for your friends on the team (overall dropping tens of millions of dollars and your decisions), and pretty much did anything you asked of them, you would think it would be ethical for them to find out that you are leaving the company on national television after not talking to them for two months. haha wow you are a class act. no problem with him leaving if he does it in the appropriate way but he didnt. and I love when people say Lebron gave anything up, they calculated his contract so he would still be making the roughly the same amount of Miami that he would if he signed a max contract anywhere else due to there not being state income tax. Ppl who defend lebron just really know nothing about basketball or how the world works in general, it is so easy to just slam everything you say.

naps
06-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Whats wrong with hating on lebron. Some people actually choose athletes based on their qualitites as a person not as a player (do you choose your friends based on how good they are at their job?) and Lebron seems to be a unintelligent jerk, and all the hate is justified. I along with others cant seperate Lebron the person from Lebron the player and that is why any time he comes up we feel the need to hate on him. Besides, you need people hating on Lebron in your forums as good discussion happens with differing opinions.

NO. Don't tell me that. How on earth all the hate is justified? He hasn't done anything wrong. He was a free agent and he decided to choose the best place and best chance to win. He had all the rights to do whatever he did. Just because he didn't choose your team doesn't mean he's a jerk and he deserves hate. Get over it dude.

mats13--
06-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Look stop being jealous. We were only 2 games away from winning it all. We almost swept all the teams in the east during the playoffs. There is no one with a realistic chance to challenge the in the east as of now. This was their first year together. Adding some little pieces here and there will fix all the problems. You don't trade the best player on the planet when your team was only 2 games away from the championship. You need little changes and then you are set. Stop acting like a genius. And who the f are you to tell me I am not a Heat fan because I don't want to trade my best player?

You are a heat fan, your just not a basketball fan (as is the case with most heat fans) and hence your lack of basektball knowledge. I udnerstand you probably just became a heat fan when Lebron came so you dont want to trade him, but if you knew basketball you would understand that team chemistry is just as important as individual talent, and the upgrade in team chemisty with that trade would far outway the small decrease in pure talent.

naps
06-28-2011, 12:03 PM
You are a heat fan, your just not a basketball fan (as is the case with most heat fans) and hence your lack of basektball knowledge. I udnerstand you probably just became a heat fan when Lebron came so you dont want to trade him, but if you knew basketball you would understand that team chemistry is just as important as individual talent, and the upgrade in team chemisty with that trade would far outway the small decrease in pure talent.

So you figured I am a new Heat fan because I don't want to trade the best player on the planet? Do you think this thread would exist if we won two more games in the finals? We would have your so called team chemistry and all that. No one has questioned Heat's chemistry throughout the entire playoffs until game 6 of the finals. What does that mean? That means we are just fine. We'll add a serviceable center with MLE (assuming it exists) and we will be set. The roster will be improved and will have more time together. How is this so tough to understand (unless you don't have a rational brain)? Get over with it. It's been a year already.

mats13--
06-28-2011, 12:04 PM
NO. Don't tell me that. How on earth all the hate is justified? He hasn't done anything wrong. He was a free agent and he decided to choose the best place and best chance to win. He had all the rights to do whatever he did. Just because he didn't choose your team doesn't mean he's a jerk and he deserves hate. Get over it dude.

refer to my post above yours to see what is wrong with it, I dont care that lebron left, I care about the way he did it. anyone who thinks he went about it in an ethical manner simply doesnt have good values. and also I did not want that looser on my team, I would rather be in the lottery for five years then to have that looser in my city. the guy is a jerk and a bum. i know you heat fans just look at talent, but I actually like to look at the character of ppl when choosing who to like.

mats13--
06-28-2011, 12:06 PM
So you figured I am a new Heat fan because I don't want to trade the best player on the planet? Do you think this thread would exist if we won two more games in the finals? We would have your so called team chemistry and all that. No one has questioned Heat's chemistry throughout the entire playoffs until game 6 of the finals. What does that mean? That means we are just fine. We'll add a serviceable center with MLE (assuming it exists) and we will be set. The roster will be improved and will have more time together. How is this so tough to understand (unless you don't have a rational brain)? Get over with it. It's been a year already.

did you watch the playoffs, aparently not? the team got to where they did purely based on individual talent. incase you didnt notice lebron and wade played their best ball when the other one was on the bench, personally I would rather have a team with which my best players made eahcother better but anyway, who am I to question the expertise of a heat fan.......

naps
06-28-2011, 12:07 PM
refer to my post above yours to see what is wrong with it, I dont care that lebron left, I care about the way he did it. anyone who thinks he went about it in an ethical manner simply doesnt have good values. and also I did not want that looser on my team, I would rather be in the lottery for five years then to have that looser in my city. the guy is a jerk and a bum. i know you heat fans just look at talent, but I actually like to look at the character of ppl when choosing who to like.

Good for you. We are happy that LeBron James is ours. He hasn't done ANYTHING wrong. He raised 2 million for poor kids in just an hour. I would take that chance every ****en time I get, we all would in all honesty. Stop being so butt-hurt.

magicman333
06-28-2011, 12:08 PM
chris bosh isnt even good. marcin gortat is better than him

Raoul Duke
06-28-2011, 12:09 PM
would never happen. the first thing that came to my mind was the joe dimaggio-ted williams trade proposal.

both would have done better on the other team. williams could have used the short porch in yankee stadium in right and dimaggio the green monster. the two teams would NEVER trade these guys for each other though because the fans would go crazy.

howard would be great on the heat. bosh would get out of his way in the lane on offense. they would be more balanced. james would be the guy in orlando, no questions asked. hes got some good players their that can help him out when needed.

the trade makes sense and it would help the heat tremendously. the magic could get better if everything worked out but idk to be honest. but it would never happen because fans would go berserk and **** would hit the fan

So it makes sense and could very well improve both teams, but the fans wouldn't approve? I admit I'm not a Miami or Orlando fan, but I don't think anybody gets upset to get Howard or James. Miami could very well be a much better team with Dwight, and Orlando fans are half expecting to lose lose him for players that aren't nearly as good as James anyway.

mats13--
06-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Good for you. We are happy that LeBron James is ours. He hasn't done ANYTHING wrong. He raised 2 million for poor kids in just an hour. I would take that chance every ****en time I get, we all would in all honesty. Stop being so butt-hurt.

hahah classic heat fan, doesnt know enough about baskebtall to win an argument, so just resorts to saying you want Lebron etc.... Did you actually compliment Lebron for giving money to charity, lebron pisses money, when your that rich giving money to charity doesnt have to do at all with the quality of person you are, what does it matter is donating your time and energy which he doesnt (compared to other stars like timmy d, ron artest, garnett, etc). I couldn't think of a worse role model for kids around the world then Lebron James the guy is a jerk, and simply dumb. anyway im done with this, you know my opinion, and you know its true, regardles of what you say.

naps
06-28-2011, 12:18 PM
hahah classic heat fan, doesnt know enough about baskebtall to win an argument, so just resorts to saying you want Lebron etc.... Did you actually compliment Lebron for giving money to charity, lebron pisses money, when your that rich giving money to charity doesnt have to do at all with the quality of person you are, what does it matter is donating your time and energy which he doesnt (compared to other stars like timmy d, ron artest, garnett, etc). I couldn't think of a worse role model for kids around the world then Lebron James the guy is a jerk, and simply dumb. anyway im done with this, you know my opinion, and you know its true, regardles of what you say.

lmao. Yes, I know your are still hurt about LeBron. But hey it's life. Some win and some lose. We got LeBron and you didn't. Try again in 5 more years when he becomes a FA. May be he'll consider since people like you will be hurt for 6 years by then.

mats13--
06-28-2011, 12:21 PM
lmao. Yes, I know your are still hurt about LeBron. But hey it's life. Some win and some lose. We got LeBron and you didn't. Try again in 5 more years when he becomes a FA. May be he'll consider since people like you will be hurt for 6 years by then.

ya like the mavs win the heat loose...........classic heat fan, there should really be a sports iq test to join psd to get rid of the uneducated heat fans who know nothing about basektball

naps
06-28-2011, 12:27 PM
ya like the mavs win the heat loose...........classic heat fan, there should really be a sports iq test to join psd to get rid of the uneducated heat fans who know nothing about basektball

The difference is I can accept the loss and you apparently can't even though it's like a year now. I got over with the finals loss and every Heat fan is. But fans like you who wanted LeBron so bad last summer and didn't get him are the ones that can't accept the reality.

mats13--
06-28-2011, 12:36 PM
The difference is I can accept the loss and you apparently can't even though it's like a year now. I got over with the finals loss and every Heat fan is. But fans like you who wanted LeBron so bad last summer and didn't get him are the ones that can't accept the reality.

too stupid to even argue with its like were speaking different languages, or maybe i just cant understand you cuz lebrons balls are so deep in ur throat

mikealike305
06-28-2011, 12:36 PM
i say send bosh, miller and future picks.

BkOriginalOne
06-28-2011, 12:43 PM

So if the front office was offered a a trade of Bosh for Howard... they wouldn't do it?

naps
06-28-2011, 12:44 PM
too stupid to even argue with its like were speaking different languages, or maybe i just cant understand you cuz lebrons balls are so deep in ur throat

There is another difference I am using respectable words while you are choosing insulting words and phrases. Clearly states that you are mad. It's ok.

Sly Guy
06-28-2011, 12:47 PM
funny thing is, if the heat actually pulled this off, I don't think I'd hate them anymore.

m26555
06-28-2011, 12:54 PM

Oh my Lord...

Sly Guy
06-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Oh my Lord...

yep, we got a live one in here.

mats13--
06-28-2011, 01:07 PM
There is another difference I am using respectable words while you are choosing insulting words and phrases. Clearly states that you are mad. It's ok.

so you admit it good. and yes heat fans do make me mad because they think they know anything about basketball, meanwhile i could take a dump and it would have more basketball knowledge then you.

Bunta
06-28-2011, 01:17 PM
yep, we got a live one in here.

Lol. Stupid ppl exist, it's just fact.

SwatTeam
06-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Come on guys, lets think about this. Do I think the Heat would be more balanced w/ Dwight rather than Lebron. Sure. Do I think they would be unstoppable, I'm not so sure. (How will thy guard Drose? Westbrook? Rondo? D12 can't and Wade would get too tired chasing those guys around to contribute offensively). The intrigue with Lebron is that he is versatile. You can play him at any position on the court. Howard, although great, can only play the 5. He's good defensively because he mostly just blocks shots - which is no knock on him. Its his offensive game that needs refining. Yea, he worked with Hakeem over the summer and he's getting there but by no means is he polished yet. He needs more time, just look at Orlando in crunch time situations when they're down - they go to their shooters not Howard, which I think is flawed logic but they must know something that we don't. Lebron on the other hand is above average or great at everything. He can score with the best of them, drop dimes with the best of them, rebound with the best of them, and defend with the best of them.

No need to dog the heat as they were 2 games away from winning it all anyways. Hell, he got farther in his first year in Miami than he ever did in Cleveland. Give it time. Hell, most bball players don't hit their primes until the 27-29 range anyways (Kobe dropped 81 when he was 27 and Jordan didn't win his first until 28). We may have not even seen the best of Lebron yet - of course this depends on him developing a post-game - but if he does, he's basically unstoppable. I say you give them 2 more years, if it doesn't work out then explore changes.

THE MTL
06-28-2011, 01:30 PM
If this has already been discussed than delete.

I have to throw it out there because it is probably one of the only trades that could be done strictly player for player for either of these guys. Gives the Heat the most dominant front court in the NBA while still having an amazing player in Wade controlling the ball, and Dwight gets to stay in Florida. Makes them better IMPO

Gives Orlando one of the best in the game under contract for like 5 more years and keeps them relevant.

What he deserves?? All the guy wants is a championship and anyone can see that. Cause he left the Cavs (CAUSE THEY WERENT GOING TO WIN)....he gotta get what he deserves and go to a crap team.

Lettme ask you a question. When u play pickup bball or any kind of game......do u pick sucky teammates? Or do u pick VERY GOOD teammates?...its the same thing here.

naps
06-28-2011, 01:45 PM
so you admit it good. and yes heat fans do make me mad because they think they know anything about basketball, meanwhile i could take a dump and it would have more basketball knowledge then you.

lol..if that makes you feel better after losing out on LeBron...

naps
06-28-2011, 01:53 PM
What he deserves?? All the guy wants is a championship and anyone can see that. Cause he left the Cavs (CAUSE THEY WERENT GOING TO WIN)....he gotta get what he deserves and go to a crap team.

Lettme ask you a question. When u play pickup bball or any kind of game......do u pick sucky teammates? Or do u pick VERY GOOD teammates?...its the same thing here.

Come on guys, lets think about this. Do I think the Heat would be more balanced w/ Dwight rather than Lebron. Sure. Do I think they would be unstoppable, I'm not so sure. (How will thy guard Drose? Westbrook? Rondo? D12 can't and Wade would get too tired chasing those guys around to contribute offensively). The intrigue with Lebron is that he is versatile. You can play him at any position on the court. Howard, although great, can only play the 5. He's good defensively because he mostly just blocks shots - which is no knock on him. Its his offensive game that needs refining. Yea, he worked with Hakeem over the summer and he's getting there but by no means is he polished yet. He needs more time, just look at Orlando in crunch time situations when they're down - they go to their shooters not Howard, which I think is flawed logic but they must know something that we don't. Lebron on the other hand is above average or great at everything. He can score with the best of them, drop dimes with the best of them, rebound with the best of them, and defend with the best of them.

No need to dog the heat as they were 2 games away from winning it all anyways. Hell, he got farther in his first year in Miami than he ever did in Cleveland. Give it time. Hell, most bball players don't hit their primes until the 27-29 range anyways (Kobe dropped 81 when he was 27 and Jordan didn't win his first until 28). We may have not even seen the best of Lebron yet - of course this depends on him developing a post-game - but if he does, he's basically unstoppable. I say you give them 2 more years, if it doesn't work out then explore changes.

Finally, some rational people here...

sNaKeS
06-28-2011, 03:30 PM
I actually think this may be good for lebron. True his best chance to win a title is with this current heat team, but he could be vaulted back into the realm of conversation with Jordan. Think about it, Jordan may have had Pippen but that was basically it "star" wise. If Lebron can win a title(s) without a star around him, he will be up there with the best in history. His numbers are undeniable and everybody agrees on that, he just needs to become more clutch and not disappear in big playoff games which I think he will eventually. It is exactly what Jordan did aside from Pippen, but don't get me wrong IMO Lebron will never be "the best ever" because simply put Jordan NEVER lost an N.B.A. Finals series.

RCarlson85
06-28-2011, 03:40 PM
I voted NO, at this time. I think it's too early to give up on Wade, Lebron, and Bosh playing together. It's only been one season, but they were still only a couple of late game meltdowns away from winning the championship. I would say to give it at least a couple more years with those three. After that, if they still haven't won a championship, I would definitely strongly consider Lebron for Dwight. This obviously comes up now because Dwight is a free agent next season, but I still wouldn't do it at this time.

nastynice
06-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Lebron's probably a better basketball player, I personally think he's #1 in the league, but Howard on the heat would just make them absolutely unstoppable. It wouldn't be fair. There would be NO point in watching basketball for the next 6 years.

Not saying that Howard's a better player (although its arguable), but Howard on that team would make them a much better team because the pieces would be much more complimentary to one another.