PDA

View Full Version : HOF Adrian Dantley fired by Nuggets for not rotating w/ other assistants on the bench

LTBaByyy
06-27-2011, 07:37 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/06/27/bad-rotations-in-denver/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Crazy!!!!!!

I didnt know assistant coaches rotate every game lol

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Really? Do they have to do that.

i.got.the.nutz
06-27-2011, 08:26 PM
I would be surprised if that was the sole reason for the firing.

JasonJohnHorn
06-27-2011, 08:29 PM
I didnt know about this rotating coaches thing.
Dantley seems like a stand up guy. I was a fan of him as a player, was bummed when he got traded from Detroit and missed out on a ring there by mere months, and was happy to see him get some time at the front of the bench when Karl was off (though I am happy that Karl is healthy and has returned to the bench).

Dantley seems to suggest there were more details. Whenever the are accusations of backstabbing, there are always multiple sides to the story. Karl has always seemed like a stand up guy, so has Dantley, so I'm not sure what to think, but I hope both have bright futures in the NBA.

Lim
06-27-2011, 09:30 PM
lol.. sounds like a cover up for the real reason

arkanian215
06-27-2011, 09:38 PM
They chose not to renew his contract btw so he was out terminated kinda.

rt0geryh7y
06-27-2011, 09:56 PM
from this site:
( http://www.bingstore.us )

This is an online store operated for many years.have lots of new and old customers from United States and Europe now.
you can find many of cheap price,high quality,fashion brand products here .
All the products are sold to ex-factory price,Has a strong competitive advantage in the same industry.

we accept paypal payment and all the products and free shipping .
in order to requite customer ,if you order more .we will give gift be free.

1)if you purchase of more then two pairs of shoes or more than $100 once ,you can have a pair of socks worth $5 be free.
2)if you purchase of more than $200 once,you can have a pair of sunglasses or a cap be free.

more info of the products .please vist this site:
------------- http://www.bingstore.us

A good opportunity ,YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

tyfreaks brotha
06-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Wow

KingPosey
06-27-2011, 10:20 PM
I doubt that was the only reason he was fired.

Usually guys at jobs that have to get an attitude about things, like moving up a chair so you can be closer to the head coach, have attitudes about other things as well.

Rentzias
06-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I would be surprised if that was the sole reason for the firing.
The Utah playoff series exposed a lot of his inability to deal with game situations and to adjust accordingly. Now it's not like he's making head coach decisions on the floor, but when it's shown that you can't pick up what the other team is doing and make suggestions for adjustments during a series, then that seriously compromises your job function.

dnewguy
06-28-2011, 11:18 AM
In this economy, i'll sit on the 4th level as long as I get to keep my job. Is his ego that big that he can't rotate? I guess he'll rather be unemployed.

Reddi Red
06-28-2011, 11:38 AM
In this economy, i'll sit on the 4th level as long as I get to keep my job. Is his ego that big that he can't rotate? I guess he'll rather be unemployed.

Is that what you got out of this?? His ego was too big? GTFOH! :facepalm:
lol.

I think AD is ready to coach now! He was a floor leader when he was with Detroit and I hate that he didn't get a ring.
I think we'll see him in on the bench again really soon! :cool:

KingPosey
06-29-2011, 02:04 PM

And the crazy thing about it is, they wanted him to move to the bench and be closer to the coach. Its not like they asked him to move back for someone else.

There has to be more to it. Like I said before, people at jobs that make a fuss over following simple, almost meaningless requests, usually cause issues with several things by generally being difficult and complaining.