PDA

View Full Version : What are the most lopsided non-draft day trades ever?

The Best Around
06-25-2011, 01:03 PM
What are the most lopsided trades in NBA history? This does NOT count draft day trades, so that eliminates things like Kobe being traded for Divac, and Dirk being traded for Robert Traylor. A lot of people originally said the Gasol trade, but Memphis ended up getting Marc. And a lot of people originally said the Shaq for Butler & Odom, but long-term it wasn't bad for the Lakers. I'm blanking out on any really lopsided trades (not including draft day).

Giraffes Rule
06-25-2011, 01:07 PM
How about Mo Williams for Baron Davis and (as it turned out) the number 1 overall pick?

assisi805
06-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Still got to be the Gasol trade, especially if Gasol doesnt re-up with the Grizz. Hope he does though. More battles with the Thunder would be great to watch with both teams on the up.

LTBaByyy
06-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Erick Dampier, Eduardo Najera, and Matt Carroll for Tyson Chandler

Josh Howard, Quinton Ross, and James Singleton for Caron Butler, Deshawn Stevenson, and Brendan Haywood

Out of prime Antoine Walker for In prime Jason Terry

/thread

GSW 2012 CHAMPS
06-25-2011, 01:51 PM
what about Vince Carter for Antawn Jamison?

IVE GOT WOOD
06-25-2011, 01:56 PM

Josh Howard, Quinton Ross, and James Singleton for Caron Butler, Deshawn Stevenson, and Brendan Haywood

/thread

Dallas has made some damn good trades thats why I'm thinking Fernandez is gonna have a big year for them.

llemon
06-25-2011, 02:08 PM

Who got the better of that one?

LTBaByyy
06-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Dallas has made some damn good trades thats why I'm thinking Fernandez is gonna have a big year for them.

Me too!!!!

Plus Hamilton wont get playing time with us just like Dominique Jones last year who was a talented first round pick

And hopefully he gets it on the Nuggets backing up Gallo with Wilson Chandler most likely leaving

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
06-25-2011, 02:34 PM

i think that was draft day though... and its not really lopsided

how about vince carter for alonzo mourning... mourning never reported to toronto and they had to buy out his contract

llemon
06-25-2011, 02:42 PM
how about vince carter for alonzo mourning... mourning never reported to toronto and they had to buy out his contract

Yeah, Nets really got ripped off on that one.

netsgiantsyanks
06-25-2011, 02:45 PM
llemon ****ing hates vince carter, people

llemon
06-25-2011, 02:49 PM
llemon ****ing hates vince carter, people

Indeed I do. Nets are still digging out of the hole Vince dug for the Nets.

king4day
06-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Any way you can spin it, the Gasol trade at the time was horrific. I hate when people say, "well they got Marc". We all know that. This topic is brought up 2-4 times a year and it always will come back to that trade. At the time, it was kwame for an allstar. That started all the lopsided trades we've seen since.

But since then, the Dampier for Chandler one, and Josh Howard for Butler, Haywood and Stevenson.

llemon
06-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Any way you can spin it, the Gasol trade at the time was horrific. I hate when people say, "well they got Marc". We all know that. This topic is brought up 2-4 times a year and it always will come back to that trade. At the time, it was kwame for an allstar. That started all the lopsided trades we've seen since.

But since then, the Dampier for Chandler one, and Josh Howard for Butler, Haywood and Stevenson.

Lakers sent two 1st rd picks, and Marc. Also Kwame's ending contract cleared way for Grizz getting Zach.

TaylorMays
06-25-2011, 03:07 PM
What about the rockets getting Luis Scola for vassilis spanoulis?

jaysfan4ever
06-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Gotta be the Carter trade for the Raptors:

Vince Carter for Eric Williams, Aaron Williams, Alonzo Mourning (never played a game), and 2 1st-round draft picks (Joey Graham and Renaldo Balkman)

llemon
06-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Gotta be the Carter trade for the Raptors:

Vince Carter for Eric Williams, Aaron Williams, Alonzo Mourning (never played a game), and 2 1st-round draft picks (Joey Graham and Renaldo Balkman)

Again, correct. Nets got ripped off.

the_jon
06-25-2011, 03:29 PM
At least you guys got a couple years of playoffs out of it. The Raptors have been pretty much the laughing stock of the NBA since then.

llemon
06-25-2011, 03:59 PM
At least you guys got a couple years of playoffs out of it. The Raptors have been pretty much the laughing stock of the NBA since then.

Acquiring Vince put Nets in a hole they still haven't climbed out of.

Nobody told you guys to pick Joey Graham over Danny Granger.

And I believe Raptors got two the playoffs twice without Vince.

Nets got there 3 times with Vince. Vince was personally responsible for Nets losing to Cavs in the '07 playoffs.

No Vince trade and Nets would be in a much better place right now.

Kevj77
06-25-2011, 05:58 PM

But since then, the Dampier for Chandler one, and Josh Howard for Butler, Haywood and Stevenson.Kwame was an expiring contract, do people still not understand the value of expiring contracts?

KnicksR4Real
06-25-2011, 06:14 PM
dirk trade

cowboysceltics
06-25-2011, 06:24 PM
The celtics getting Robert Parrish and Kevin McHale for 2 number 1 picks was a steal! Poor golden state!

netsgiantsyanks
06-25-2011, 06:26 PM
dirk trade

draft-day trade

netsgiantsyanks
06-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Indeed I do. Nets are still digging out of the hole Vince dug for the Nets.

what hole? it was a pretty decent trade IMO and vince carter did more for the nets than a old alonzo mourning, eric williams, aaron williams, and 2 first round picks could do, IMO. the best thing aaron williams did for me as a nets fan is that i scored 94 points with him in nba shootout 2004 :laugh2:

F-Mart26
06-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Z-Bo to the clippers for mardy collins, Tim Thomas, and mobley

Vikingfan84
06-25-2011, 06:50 PM

NON draft day trades. That was a draft day trade.

llemon
06-25-2011, 06:57 PM
what hole? it was a pretty decent trade IMO and vince carter did more for the nets than a old alonzo mourning, eric williams, aaron williams, and 2 first round picks could do, IMO. the best thing aaron williams did for me as a nets fan is that i scored 94 points with him in nba shootout 2004 :laugh2:

Raptors were just trying to match salaries. They took Alonzo, who they knew they would buyout, and Eric Williams and Aaron Williams, who still had game but Raptors decided not to use, and two 1st rd picks, which the Raptors wasted.

Yet Raptors were a better team after Vince left because Vince is a dog.

And the absolute most lopsided non-draft day trade was Wilt from the Warriors to the Sixers.

The absolute most lopsided draftday trade was Ed Macauley and Cliff Hagan for Bill Russell.

ragee
06-25-2011, 06:59 PM
What about the Chamberlain trade? People always talk about that...

Kevj77
06-25-2011, 07:16 PM
The celtics getting Robert Parrish and Kevin McHale for 2 number 1 picks was a steal! Poor golden state!Now that is a steal. Two HOF players for a couple 1st round picks.

DaVille
06-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Gasol Trade without a question.

the centerpieces for that trade was Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol nuff said.

ReedBoshMarleau
06-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Z-Bo to the clippers for mardy collins, Tim Thomas, and mobley

yaeh cus everyone thought Randolph was good back then....

3mikee_
06-25-2011, 07:41 PM
lol Vince Carter no doubt... but then I might be biased considering I'm a Toronto fan. We essentially got nothing lol

LakeShowtime32
06-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Exactly! Kwame was the centerpiece... he represented a big chunk of the 42 million the deal saved the Grizzles. Smallmarket teams LOVE that. Marc not a bad throw in might even be better then Pau when it's all said & done, he's definatley more phyiscal. How did the KG trade work out for the Wolves? Is there anyone left from that trade or linked to in Minnesotta? Kevin Mchale can always go home but once a Celtic always a Celtic.

Kobes a Killer
06-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah, Nets really got ripped off on that one.

hahahahahaha

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
06-25-2011, 08:06 PM
-76ers send barkley to suns for Jeff Hornacek, Andrew Lang, Tim Perry
-royals send Oscar Robertson to bucks for Flynn Robinson, Charlie Paulk (mighta been a draft day trade, not sure)
-nets send Stephon Marbury, Johnny Newman, Soumaila Samake to suns for Jason Kidd, Chris Dudley

and my homer favorite:
bulls send Eddy Curry, Antonio Davis, pick (wilson chandler) to NY for tim thomas, Mike Sweetney, Jermaine Jackson, pick (lamarcus aldridge), option to swap picks (noah) and a couple of other schlubs

Cal827
06-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Grant Hill for Chucky Atkins and Ben Wallace... This was lopsided b/c Hill unfortunately fought injuries during his tenure in Orlando.

Ben Wallace and Atkins became decent players on the good Piston teams of the 2000s. Wallace as the defensive stopper and Atkins as a role player.

Cal827
06-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Again, correct. Nets got ripped off.

:clap:

Only Trades involving Vince Carter can lead to both teams getting ripped off lol

llemon
06-26-2011, 12:05 AM
lol Vince Carter no doubt... but then I might be biased considering I'm a Toronto fan. We essentially got nothing lol

Meaning you got more than Vince was worth in return.

DerekRE_3
06-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Chris Webber for an aging Mitch Richmond and aging Otis Thorpe is another one.

F-Mart26
06-26-2011, 01:54 AM
yaeh cus everyone thought Randolph was good back then....

seriously? 20 ppg and 12 rpg wasn't good? then traded for a guy with a heart problem who didn't play one game..

also almost any deal isiah ever did wound up being lopsided. eddy curry was traded for two first round draft picks which turned out to be Noah and Aldridge.

oldfishermen
06-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Prior to the first game in the 76-77 season, Portland traded Moses Malone to the Buffalo Braves for their 78 first round pick (3rd pick Rick Robey). After only two games, the Braves traded Moses to the Rockets for two future first round picks.

Bunta
06-26-2011, 02:40 AM
i think that was draft day though... and its not really lopsided

Winner

TrueFan420
06-26-2011, 02:43 AM
What about the rockets getting Luis Scola for vassilis spanoulis?

i thought they bought scola

Lake_Show2416
06-26-2011, 03:33 AM
Kareem to the Lakers

The Best Around
06-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Another one was the Blazers trading Jermaine O'Neal for Dale Davis. Davis's best days were behind him, and Jermaine had like 6 or 7 all-star seasons for Indiana.

heyman321
06-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Vince Carter to the Nets easily. Toronto got nothing back, and we've dwelled in mediocrity ever since.

llemon
06-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Vince Carter to the Nets easily. Toronto got nothing back, and we've dwelled in mediocrity ever since.

Vince will be available soon. Toronto can have their dog come home to them.

netsgiantsyanks
06-26-2011, 12:36 PM
why is llemon always around when someone mentions the vince carter trade? it's like he has a sense for anything mentioning/including the words vince and carter

KaganRS
06-26-2011, 12:48 PM

/thread

memo to joe , never trade with nelson

yanksrule2724
06-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Vince will be available soon. Toronto can have their dog come home to them.

wow really hating on vince! not his fault toronto wasted everything they got. like someone said before they couldve had granger instead they took joey graham!! thats their own fault.

KaganRS
06-26-2011, 12:51 PM

Lol Babcock was the worst GM everrrrrr

llemon
06-26-2011, 12:52 PM
wow really hating on vince! not his fault toronto wasted everything they got. like someone said before they couldve had granger instead they took joey graham!! thats their own fault.

Also not Raptors fault Vince is a dog. Worst trade Nets ever made was the one that got them Vince.

GrantHustle
06-26-2011, 12:53 PM

Yeah Raps got Aaron Williams, Eric Williams,Alonzo Mourning (No Show), two first round picks who turned out to be Joey Graham and and i dont remember the other draft pick but that was a garbage deal

llemon
06-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah Raps got Aaron Williams, Eric Williams,Alonzo Mourning (No Show), two first round picks who turned out to be Joey Graham and and i dont remember the other draft pick but that was a garbage deal

True, Nets received garbage in that deal. Fool's Gold.

Bornknick73
06-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Nene(draft pick), Camby and Jackson for Mcdyess in 2002

Worst trade in the history of the NBA

Could you imagine how well my team could have done with those players in the 2ks?

How about Aldridge and Noah for Eddy Curry? Thats another doozy!!

If you need to look at worst trades look no further than my NY Knicks.

ccg34
06-26-2011, 02:54 PM
My Sonics trade Pippen to Bulls for Polyniece

Cal827
06-26-2011, 04:04 PM
True, Nets received garbage in that deal. Fool's Gold.

You would become an instant favorite in the Raptors forum lol

heyman321
06-26-2011, 07:09 PM

It was the two Williams (who were trash), Mourning who didn't report like an ******* then was bought out and then played immediately for Miami, and the picks were Graham (trash) and Villanueva (trash). Not only was it a bad trade, but Babcock was stupid enough to trade to WITHIN the division. Man, how stupid can a GM be?

llemon
06-26-2011, 07:17 PM
It was the two Williams (who were trash), Mourning who didn't report like an ******* then was bought out and then played immediately for Miami, and the picks were Graham (trash) and Villanueva (trash). Not only was it a bad trade, but Babcock was stupid enough to trade to WITHIN the division. Man, how stupid can a GM be?

And yet, Raptors got the best of that deal, as they got rid of the heartless dog, momma's boy Vince.

And Eric Williams was not trash.

Rego247
06-26-2011, 07:28 PM
And yet, Raptors got the best of that deal, as they got rid of the heartless dog, momma's boy Vince.

And Eric Williams was not trash.

:clap: damn right.

KnicksR4Real
06-26-2011, 07:40 PM
shaq trade

Dash
06-26-2011, 07:49 PM
dirk trade

Man you must have really read the OP!

Dash
06-26-2011, 07:49 PM
shaq trade

Man you must have read the OP even better!

Testaverde16
06-26-2011, 07:53 PM
garnett trade... jefferson was the centerpiece that eventually got traded for 2 firsts and kosta koufos. the role players that minny got were useless (green, ratliff, telfair) and that franchise is just bad.

wjmoffatt
06-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Rasheed Wallace to Detriot in a 3 team deal.
Det- Rasheed Wallace and Mike James
Boston- Chucky Atkins and old Lindsey Hunter
Atl- Bob Sura, Zeliko Rebreca, Chris Millis

This started a long run of Eastern Conference Finals Appearances and a Championship for Detriot.

R. Johnson#3
06-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Vince Carter for nothing.

Dash
06-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Rasheed Wallace to Detriot in a 3 team deal.
Det- Rasheed Wallace and Mike James
Boston- Chucky Atkins and old Lindsey Hunter
Atl- Bob Sura, Zeliko Rebreca, Chris Millis

This started a long run of Eastern Conference Finals Appearances and a Championship for Detriot.

:)

netsgiantsyanks
06-26-2011, 10:19 PM
You would become an instant favorite in the Raptors forum lol

:clap: damn right.

:laugh2: