PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NBA draft questions

Clippersfan86
06-25-2011, 04:20 AM
Looks incredibly deep. I'm going over the list and it seems like analysts think it COULD potentially top the 2003 draft in the sense that at least 3-4 players can be legit stars/superstars at the NBA level. Thoughts? I don't watch college basketball enough but would anyone agree with this assessment?

http://network.yardbarker.com/colleg...spects/5214184

Oh also... is it really true that this Gilchrist guy has superstar/franchise player written all over him? If so that's great assuming the Clippers get a good pick because we could use a SF like him. Even Harrison Barnes.

Clippersfan86
06-25-2011, 04:38 AM
Supposedly Gilchrist is a Gerald Wallace/Scottie Pippen player comparison....

Harrison Barnes is a like a young T Mac in his player comparison.... http://walterfootball.com/nbascoutingre ... barnes.php

Quincy Miller supposedly is Kevin Durant 2.0.

So basically we can get Pippen, T Mac or Kevin Durant. Hell of a draft if that's the case.

Ryan328
06-25-2011, 07:50 AM
2012 looks like a great class

sventhedog
06-25-2011, 08:33 AM

Harrison Barnes is a like a young T Mac in his player comparison.... http://walterfootball.com/nbascoutingre ... barnes.php

So basically we can get Pippen, T Mac or Kevin Durant. Hell of a draft if that's the case.

durant is good, tmac only played a few good years, and pippen now has brain damage.

Sportfan
06-25-2011, 10:09 AM

people actually believe those comparisons smh

it means they have a similar style, Q Mill will never reach Durant's status

MGB
06-25-2011, 10:48 AM
people actually believe those comparisons smh

it means they have a similar style, Q Mill will never reach Durant's status

Ya man, but the ESPN hype-machine will try and convince everyone of those players' superiority like they do every year. Even in a weak draft class like this one, they still hype the hell out of just about every player like they're the next big thing. I tend to hate straight-up player comparisons in general. I do, however, kinda like the draftexpress listings of worst-case / best-case comparisons, so it kinda gives you more of a range of what kind of player a guy can be.

theheatles
06-25-2011, 11:21 AM
it looks like a good draft but not 2003 good, the 2003 draft had the 3 highest rated prospects...lebron was the highest rated prospect ever, darko was the highest rated euro prospect entering the draft and melo was the highest rated freshman prospect of all time

jimbobjarree
06-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Jazz could have 2 more lottery picks :drool:

MiamiWadeCounty
06-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Don't take player comparisons as the gospel. One of Deshawn Stevenson's comparisons was Michael Jordan when he was coming out.

NJrockPD
06-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Don't take player comparisons as the gospel. One of Deshawn Stevenson's comparisons was Michael Jordan when he was coming out.

Only 5 more rings to go.

assisi805
06-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Its going to have the power to re shape the NBA just like 2003, thats my opinion anyway A lot of bottom feeder teams are going to have a chance to add that one final piece to push them to the next level. (Clippers come to mind) I got really excited when players like sully and barnes didnt declare were in for a good NCAA season followed by a great draft. Once this CBA gets sorted out its all looking great for the NBA

Clippersfan86
06-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm not saying these players will reach those comparisons. I'm saying supposedly best case scenario.

Sixerlover
06-25-2011, 05:49 PM
It's going to be historic.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Clippers please give us the eleventh pick in the Draft.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Jazz could have 2 more lottery picks :drool:

What's their other pick?