PDA

View Full Version : 5 Best WNBA VS. 5 Worst NBA

MFFL==FML
06-25-2011, 03:53 AM
As of today, if you take the 5 worst players in the NBA against the 5 best in the WNBA, who wins a 7 game series? How many games? Please specify which 5 players you pick so we can discuss/debate it.

Becks2307
06-25-2011, 04:07 AM
5 worse d1 college would sweep 5 best wnba

LakersIn5
06-25-2011, 04:16 AM
really? REALLY?! JIMMY!

masTOR_shake1
06-25-2011, 04:23 AM

this

R.I.P.#34
06-25-2011, 04:24 AM
Honestly, I think me and four of my friends could beat 5 of the best WNBA players. I'm not amazing, but I'm 6'4 210lbs and played basketball for 10 years in school. No offense, but players from the WNBA just would not be able to compete in the post.

NYKalltheway
06-25-2011, 04:27 AM
you're severely underrating women's basketball :p

Jewelz0376
06-25-2011, 04:28 AM

No way

The 5 worst d1 players are some walks at a crap university you never heard of

a team with Turasi, Parker, Griner, Moore would beat some d1 teams in a series (not very good ones tho)

As far as the 5 worst nba players...the nba players would win

NYKalltheway
06-25-2011, 04:31 AM
so who are the 5 worst NBA players?
1 per position...

Jewelz0376
06-25-2011, 04:37 AM
This reminds me of when I was in hs one of my cousins (who was a female) would hoop with me sometimes when I went to open gyms at the community colleges in the summer...and she was a guard for texas a&m..

The guys there would have the same attitude a lot of guys have when it comes to girls playing ball (at least the ones they have never played with girls who are d1 level)..It was funny watching her kill every1... Most of the girls that play d1 ball are used to playing with guys, so its nothing new to them

Jewelz0376
06-25-2011, 04:38 AM
so who are the 5 worst NBA players?
1 per position...

idk about 5...but I can give you one for sure..

Puke Walton

Jeff559
06-25-2011, 04:39 AM
5 worst NBA beats 5 best WNBA 4-0 Average margin of victory, 75 points

b.mill
06-25-2011, 04:49 AM
5 worst NBA players sweep 5 Best WNBA players every time

Colts2180
06-25-2011, 05:15 AM
Idk about that. 5 worst nba players can be pretty bad. The best wnba players are pretty good shooters and are pretty fast. They would just have to outrun the bad nba players and shoot before they can try to block them. I think Tamika Catchings would tear some NBA players up lol.

MickeyMgl
06-25-2011, 06:02 AM
Idk about that. 5 worst nba players can be pretty bad. The best wnba players are pretty good shooters and are pretty fast. They would just have to outrun the bad nba players and shoot before they can try to block them. I think Tamika Catchings would tear some NBA players up lol.

They play with a smaller ball, so you gotta figure they wouldn't be as accurate if they used the men's ball.

MGB
06-25-2011, 06:43 AM
the wnba team would be lucky to score double digits

Mplsman
06-25-2011, 06:43 AM
It wouldn't even be close...

gsgs49
06-25-2011, 06:57 AM
5 worst NBA wins 4-2. Scalabrine would average 50 points in the series.

Kashmir13579
06-25-2011, 07:32 AM
5 worst NBA wins 4-2. Scalabrine would average 50 points in the series.

i got a laugh out of this.

todu82
06-25-2011, 09:07 AM
The NBA.

Mochalman
06-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Kwame Brown wil actually look like first overall pick he was supposed to.

jimm120
06-25-2011, 09:29 AM
I see too many of you guys selecting NBA players which DO have some talent. Scalanbrine? Kwame? These guys found a home on teams for seasons. Its cause they had SOME talent. Here, we're talking about the worst of the worst. Chris Dudley type bad (for all the NY people, I'm sure they can relate).

I think you guys are seriously underrating what good shooters can do.

the 5 best WNBA players, I'm sure, are pretty good shooters. I think the only positions which the NBA players would "win" are the C and PF positions...maybe.

You're telling me that the 5 best WNBA players would be worse than

Andy Rautins
Orien Green
Garret Temple
Joey Dorsey
Hassan Whiteside

You're really telling me that the 5 best WNBA players couldn't speed away from these guys or outshoot them.

Hell, even out-muscle some of the guards if the wnba guards are strong.

c'mon guys. and remember, I'm sure the shooters would do great

Becks2307
06-25-2011, 10:26 AM
u put andy rautins in the 5 worst? dude was pretty legit in college, im sure he would CRUSH the WNBA players

gwrighter
06-25-2011, 10:32 AM
most likely the 5 worst NBA players are well above average D1 players. The women couldn't compete against the athleticism. There are no 7 foot WNBA players so who is going to guard hasheem thabeet in the post?

Dankster
06-25-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm pretty sure Five 3rd team all state High school players would demolish the 5 top WNBA players. They're just not as fast, athletic, tough, or muscular as men are (it's physically proven.)

Also, I've actually played with a 1st team All state HS girls player from the state of NY (Back in late 90's.). She played me one on one. I'm 5'10 (was about 5' 6 back than) and she was roughly 6 '4. I beat her 21-4 playing by one's with posting her up for the majority of the game. LOL that should give you a good idea.

theheatles
06-25-2011, 10:42 AM
epic fail of a thread...it's nba and not close...if you voted for wnba then your clueless, if u think the wnba squad wins a game, ur clueless

heyman321
06-25-2011, 10:49 AM
u put andy rautins in the 5 worst? dude was pretty legit in college, im sure he would CRUSH the WNBA players

Andy Rautins is a hobo's JJ Redick. And we all know how good Redick is.

kgjfan243
06-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Is this a joke? DJ Mbenga would look like MJ against WNBA players. Honestly though, NBA wins 4-0, and outscore them by about 200 in the series.

jimm120
06-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Well, guess I need to watch more wnba , cause it seems I dont know the talent level.

All I know is that some girls can shoot. And that , along with team ball, can win you games. If someone is a good shooter, they can beat anyone.

Clutch1
06-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Top 5 Senior Highshool players beat the WNBA 4-0

evadatam5150
06-25-2011, 12:28 PM
This reminds me of when I was in hs one of my cousins (who was a female) would hoop with me sometimes when I went to open gyms at the community colleges in the summer...and she was a guard for texas a&m..

The guys there would have the same attitude a lot of guys have when it comes to girls playing ball (at least the ones they have never played with girls who are d1 level)..It was funny watching her kill every1... Most of the girls that play d1 ball are used to playing with guys, so its nothing new to them

Whatever... These things crack me up.. I have a cousin who played college ball in the ACC and as a starter she was very good.. I love her to death but when we would play pick up games with the local HS team she could run the floor and play but she often got beat and simply couldn't hold position in the post.. I'm just saying basketballs a physical sport and that's where the issues come from.. It's not a skill thing, girls can play shoot and compete.. It's the physical aspect of the game that becomes an issue..

Was your cousin playing the all midget team at the community college.. :D

mrs rose
06-25-2011, 12:41 PM

as a female on here i love this!!!:clap::clap:

its 2011 people GROW UP.. i know for sure i killed a lot of guys who didnt think i can play basketball. and im not even close to what these women bring to the table

VRP723
06-25-2011, 12:47 PM
The people saying that them and their friends could beat a WNBA team are stupid. On the other hand, the worst 5 NBA players would beat the best WNBA players like a hostage.

Dash
06-25-2011, 12:56 PM
The people saying that them and their friends could beat a WNBA team are stupid. On the other hand, the worst 5 NBA players would beat the best WNBA players like a hostage.

You would be surprised, WNBA are not good at all, all they do is chuck 3's, men playing them would post on the women all day, and they would not be able to stop them.

Steelers23_06
06-25-2011, 01:25 PM
pg-earl boykins
sg-willie green
sf- maurice evans
pf- brian scal
c-francisco elson

vs.

pg- ephiphanny prince(the one that dropped 113 in hs and is averaging 17+ now
sg-diana taurasi is a beast one of the best women to play the game
sf-getting older but could keep up with maurice evans
pf- candace parker in a series against that team might average 30 ppg would torch scal and i feel she could lock him down
c-liz cambage the australian version of our brit griner now playing for tulsa. a 6'8" monster down low. she will prob get beat out for the boards because of the height difference but shes not gonna let him kill her down low

i personally think that the girls team would take that in 5 maybe 6. you guys are ignorant to say those girls cant compete. and to the clown that said his buddies could beat top 5 girls is just foolish. how do you think most of these girls get good...from playing with guys. anthony has even said candace is better then him at ball so what makes you think your better then a sg in the nba?

HouRealCoach
06-25-2011, 01:32 PM
The Five worst College players could sweep the 5 greatest female players ever 4-0 by a 30-40 ppg margin...

HouRealCoach
06-25-2011, 01:37 PM
DJ Mbenga
Brian Cardinal
Luke Walton
Vujacic
Mike Bibby

VRP723
06-25-2011, 01:49 PM
pg-earl boykins
sg-willie green
sf- maurice evans
pf- brian scal
c-francisco elson

vs.

pf- candace parker in a series against that team might average 30 ppg would torch scal and i feel she could lock him down
c-liz cambage the australian version of our brit griner now playing for tulsa. a 6'8" monster down low. she will prob get beat out for the boards because of the height difference but shes not gonna let him kill her down low

i personally think that the girls team would take that in 5 maybe 6. you guys are ignorant to say those girls cant compete. and to the clown that said his buddies could beat top 5 girls is just foolish. how do you think most of these girls get good...from playing with guys. anthony has even said candace is better then him at ball so what makes you think your better then a sg in the nba?

The rebounds wouldn't even be close. It's not about height, the athleticism advantage the men would have is ridiculous. They couldn't be stopped on offense.

Baldyy
06-25-2011, 02:01 PM
pg-earl boykins
sg-willie green
sf- maurice evans
pf- brian scal
c-francisco elson

vs.

Even if the women had the same skills as the men you have to factor in size and strength. The women would be tossed around like rag dolls... How many women in the WNBA can even dunk?

AnalyzeNShoot
06-25-2011, 02:04 PM
2 worst players

Adam Morrison
& Haseem Tabeet (sorry if i misspell)

can beat the WNBA Champ by themselves!!

:D YES THEY DID!

disgruntledbull
06-25-2011, 02:22 PM
john lucas the third and janero pargo need to be somewhere on this team. preferably the bench

EaglePride615
06-25-2011, 02:28 PM
wow. thats crazy you guys really think that.

braveniler58
06-25-2011, 02:44 PM
PG Sue Bird
SG Diana Taurasi
SF Tamika Catchings
PF Lauren Jackson
C Sylvia Fowles

vs

PG Zabian Dowdell
SG Eugene Jeter
SF Paul George
PF Ike Diogu
C Hasheem Thabeet

I just picked randomly players that almost never play for the NBA.

Honestly, I think the WNBA players would win this one.

smith&wesson
06-25-2011, 03:08 PM
candace parker is better then her brother anthony parker. he admitted that she would beat him in a game of 1 on 1.

there are alot players who arent even as good as anthony parker. i think the best wnba players have a chance vs the worst nba players.

Cromedome
06-25-2011, 03:11 PM
I'd say any 15 year old boy with skills could beat any WNBA "champion" .

Really? Really? Riley? Randy? Jimmy?

WHODAT8o8
06-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Honestly, I think me and four of my friends could beat 5 of the best WNBA players. I'm not amazing, but I'm 6'4 210lbs and played basketball for 10 years in school. No offense, but players from the WNBA just would not be able to compete in the post.

Scalabrine, is that you?

gaughan333
06-25-2011, 03:48 PM
I literally can not name a single WNBA player

SetThingsStr8
06-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Hey everyone,

A friend of mine sent this thread to me and I got a kick out of reading it, but I had to create an account to set some things straight. The reason he sent it to me was because I work in basketball operations in some capacity (not going to specify) for a WNBA franchise. To protect the players and team I work for I will not say which one, but I will say it is a team with one of the players many of you are putting on the "five best WNBA" list.

I will start by saying many of you are correct by stating the obvious about the physicality level of the NBA, which is of course higher than the womens. I would like to point out though, most of you highly underestimate the physical level and strength of the womens professional players. There are of course NBA players like LeBron and Dwight with brute strength that even NBA players have trouble containing.

To get to the point of my post. I can say that the male practice squad for our team as well as at least 2 other teams I know of, actually contain men that play professionally overseas and in the NBA D League. Many of you have some ignorant comments and I know itís because you don't know any better, but saying the women lose by 100 points and certain players will average 50 or 60 is laughable, considering I get to see the women practice against skilled men daily. In fact, the women on our team not only win many scrimmage games (with refs) against these men, but some days they dominate, which is not to the men clearly play better other days.

The reason I really wanted to post here was for the guys posting ridiculous comments like 2 of the worst NBA players could beat 5 WNBA players, or the 5 worst college players could beat them, because that is simply not true. And if anyone wants to question my "basketball" knowledge or credibility, I earned a scholarship to play D-1 intercollegiate basketball at a CAA school where I was an all-conference player. I have coached at the NAIA level and obviously now work for the WNBA.

I am not here to call anyone out or cause controversy; I simply wanted to set things straight, being that I have an insider view and knowledge. The WNBA and its players fight everyday to prove themselves against people with ignorant comments and views like many in this thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if some of you think it is cool to beat down the WNBA and want to continue, you have that right. I just hope by me sharing this info some of you would open your eyes and realize some of the things I have shared.

Lastly, I am not saying the women beat the men in a 7 game series although I believe it would be a close series. I only wanted to share some of my first hand knowledge and help people understand the differences a little better.

Signed,

A Man trying to Set Things Straight

Becks2307
06-25-2011, 03:52 PM
pg-earl boykins
sg-willie green
sf- maurice evans
pf- brian scal
c-francisco elson

vs.

ok you put a rather decent mens team up there, earl boykins who once averaged 15ppg in a season and looked rather decent last year would average 40 a game vs these girls. willie green mo evans it would be like the monstars in space jam lol

gaughan333
06-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Hey everyone,

A friend of mine sent this thread to me and I got a kick out of reading it, but I had to create an account to set some things straight. The reason he sent it to me was because I work in basketball operations in some capacity (not going to specify) for a WNBA franchise. To protect the players and team I work for I will not say which one, but I will say it is a team with one of the players many of you are putting on the "five best WNBA" list.

I will start by saying many of you are correct by stating the obvious about the physicality level of the NBA, which is of course higher than the womens. I would like to point out though, most of you highly underestimate the physical level and strength of the womens professional players. There are of course NBA players like LeBron and Dwight with brute strength that even NBA players have trouble containing.

To get to the point of my post. I can say that the male practice squad for our team as well as at least 2 other teams I know of, actually contain men that play professionally overseas and in the NBA D League. Many of you have some ignorant comments and I know itís because you don't know any better, but saying the women lose by 100 points and certain players will average 50 or 60 is laughable, considering I get to see the women practice against skilled men daily. In fact, the women on our team not only win many scrimmage games (with refs) against these men, but some days they dominate, which is not to the men clearly play better other days.

The reason I really wanted to post here was for the guys posting ridiculous comments like 2 of the worst NBA players could beat 5 WNBA players, or the 5 worst college players could beat them, because that is simply not true. And if anyone wants to question my "basketball" knowledge or credibility, I earned a scholarship to play D-1 intercollegiate basketball at a CAA school where I was an all-conference player. I have coached at the NAIA level and obviously now work for the WNBA.

I am not here to call anyone out or cause controversy; I simply wanted to set things straight, being that I have an insider view and knowledge. The WNBA and its players fight everyday to prove themselves against people with ignorant comments and views like many in this thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if some of you think it is cool to beat down the WNBA and want to continue, you have that right. I just hope by me sharing this info some of you would open your eyes and realize some of the things I have shared.

Lastly, I am not saying the women beat the men in a 7 game series although I believe it would be a close series. I only wanted to share some of my first hand knowledge and help people understand the differences a little better.

Signed,

Do women have bench press reps at the combine? If so what is the most any of them have done at 185?

Dash
06-25-2011, 04:07 PM
candace parker is better then her brother anthony parker. he admitted that she would beat him in a game of 1 on 1.

there are alot players who arent even as good as anthony parker. i think the best wnba players have a chance vs the worst nba players.

Yeah, I have to admit LeBron is better than me.

gaughan333
06-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I have to admit LeBron is better than me.

Unless it's the 4th quarter of the finals, then you'd have a shot.

Cromedome
06-25-2011, 04:12 PM
It wouldn't be close at all...unless the WNBA team was filled with Juwanna mann type "women".

shep33
06-25-2011, 04:28 PM
I would be extremely surprised if the women's team scored above 20 point in a full game.

People don't realize how good NBA players are, even the worst play is amazing. Size alone, I don't see how the WNBA players could even score.

EaglePride615
06-25-2011, 04:30 PM
you guys obviously havent played with any good female basketball players... even in pick up games. ive seen girls come and dominate a game. shoot the lights out and get in the lane and finish with contact.

blastmasta26
06-25-2011, 06:39 PM
PG Sue Bird
SG Diana Taurasi
SF Tamika Catchings
PF Lauren Jackson
C Sylvia Fowles

vs

PG Zabian Dowdell
SG Eugene Jeter
SF Paul George
PF Ike Diogu
C Hasheem Thabeet

I just picked randomly players that almost never play for the NBA.

Honestly, I think the WNBA players would win this one.

First off, Paul George is a young player with potential, nowhere near the worst in the NBA. His athleticism alone would destroy the women's team.

Also, no way the WNBA squad would win. Even if the men's side had no talent at all, all they would have to do is load up on the perimeter defensively, forcing the women to drive and let Thabeet block everything. And Thabeet would have easy dunks all day, even if all five defenders were on him. And that's ignoring the skills of the other players.

Even the worst in the NBA have much more talent than the average person. That, combined with a distinct physical advantage would lead to a victory for the men every single time.

Googlyeyes101
06-25-2011, 06:58 PM
you guys obviously havent played with any good female basketball players... even in pick up games. ive seen girls come and dominate a game. shoot the lights out and get in the lane and finish with contact.

you have obviously never played against an nba player

koreancabbage
06-25-2011, 07:02 PM
just take all the project players in the NBA and you have a pretty bad team.

theheatles
06-25-2011, 07:29 PM
we need geno auriemma's stance on this....but how about what he said regarding women playing in the nba..."what the fck is dianna taurasi going to do vs dwyane wade"

Jewelz0376
06-25-2011, 07:38 PM

This is exactly what I'm saying...I've played with girls who are d1 level players before and they kill everyone they play against...

Who do wnba/d1 women play against when they play pick up games in the off season?? Its not other women because its hard to find all women pick up games...They play against men and they don't play against bums that go to your local gym lol....

Sly Guy
06-25-2011, 07:43 PM
not even close. There is no way any women can match the physical size and play of the men.

theheatles
06-25-2011, 08:23 PM
all wnba 1st team 2010
c- 6'5" sylvia fowles
pf 6'6" lauren jackson
sf- 6'2 tamika catchings
sg-6'0 diana taurasi
pg -5'9" cappie pondexter

random bottom tier nba players
pg- jarrett jack 6'3"
sg- randy foye 6'4"
sf- alonzo gee 6'6"
pf- sheldon williams 6'9" (he ain't losing to his wife neither)
c- dexter pittman 6'11" 308 (i'd like to see some 6'5" ***** try and stop him)

xabial
06-25-2011, 09:33 PM
I see too many of you guys selecting NBA players which DO have some talent. Scalanbrine? Kwame? These guys found a home on teams for seasons. Its cause they had SOME talent. Here, we're talking about the worst of the worst. Chris Dudley type bad (for all the NY people, I'm sure they can relate).

the 5 best WNBA players, I'm sure, are pretty good shooters. I think the only positions which the NBA players would "win" are the C and PF positions...maybe.

Andy Rautins
Orien Green
Garret Temple
Joey Dorsey
Hassan Whiteside

You're really telling me that the 5 best WNBA players couldn't speed away from these guys or outshoot them.

Hassan Whiteside is a 7'0 235 pound Monster. In college he scored 17 points, grabbed 14 rebounds, and blocked 11 shots in a game once agianst better athletes then WNBA players. He was the Nation's leading shot blocker with 182 blocks. Women are smaller then men its statistics. The 2010 WNBA Finals Champions had the tallest player listed 6'4 and shes a Center. Andy Rautins is 6'4 and he's a shooting Guard/Point Guard.

I think Whiteside would grab 50 Rebounds in the game. Just Because Whiteside isnt stacking up agianst the World's Best (NBA), doesnt mean he cant beat WNBA players.

NBA players would win even the Tall "talentless" Centers would be posting up and abusing them Left and right. Just insert a Random 7 footer (Kosta Kofos) for example and he'll probably share the MVP trophy.

Cromedome
06-26-2011, 02:00 AM
I've played against D1 women basketball players....and I've made them look bad. Is this thread a joke?

Shahrose
06-26-2011, 02:07 AM
someone should make a team of the worst starting 5 in the NBA

Edit: nvm i see some ppl did

TrueFan420
06-26-2011, 02:16 AM
women cant play against men it just doesnt work... great example one of my brothers teammates in the super y league (top soccer league filled with d1 college players) played the womens national team that won the world cup way back when and as 15 year old boy beat the worlds best women 4 to 1. 15 year olds beating womens best soccer team. it doesnt matter what the sport is women cant play men at a fair level.

MickeyMgl
06-26-2011, 02:39 AM

Andy Rautins
Orien Green
Garret Temple
Joey Dorsey
Hassan Whiteside

I don't know any of those players, but seeing as they're in the NBA, I'd still say they'd beat the WNBA team.

Maybe a better way of saying it is the 5 best players not good enough for the NBA - a D-League All-Star team - would kick the pants of the All-WNBA team.

Sixerlover
06-26-2011, 02:55 AM
Come on man, it's not even close. Even if they are the worst NBA players, they are still in the top 500 players in the WORLD. They'd crush the 5 best WNBA players. Me and 4 other people here could probably give the 5 best WNBA players a really good run if we had somebody 6'6 or taller.

It's just strength and athletic ability that forever will be the divider

Sixerlover
06-26-2011, 02:56 AM
all wnba 1st team 2010
c- 6'5" sylvia fowles
pf 6'6" lauren jackson
sf- 6'2 tamika catchings
sg-6'0 diana taurasi
pg -5'9" cappie pondexter

random bottom tier nba players
pg- jarrett jack 6'3"
sg- randy foye 6'4"
sf- alonzo gee 6'6"
pf- sheldon williams 6'9" (he ain't losing to his wife neither)
c- dexter pittman 6'11" 308 (i'd like to see some 6'5" ***** try and stop him)

Dexter Pittman is a FORCE height and weight wise for a girl to deal with, Shelden Williams was a beast at Duke, Alonzo Gee started in the LEAGUE this season, Foye is a solid pro and same with jack. They'd wipe the floor with the girls, not a bad thing just genetics.

LA_Raiders
06-26-2011, 03:01 AM

x2

djeller1139
06-26-2011, 03:41 AM
The WORST NBA players are still better than 99.9% of the world at basketball. Including the entire WNBA.

John Walls Era
06-26-2011, 03:46 AM
People actually picked the WNBA?

KingPosey
06-26-2011, 03:58 AM
They would lose by a trillion. The best WNBA players would get smashed by average highschool boy team players. Its genetics homes.

KingPosey
06-26-2011, 04:01 AM

Andy Rautins
Orien Green
Garret Temple
Joey Dorsey
Hassan Whiteside

Absolutely,They would get destroyed. Any 5 NBA players would win by as many points, as time would allow them to score, if that makes sense.

Anybody that thinks the girls would have a chance is ignorant, or a jaded feminists. You know those girls, that no matter what, no matter how stupid it is, they cant admit that a girl couldnt beat a guy. You could be talking about a benchpress contest with Oatrick willis and they wont admit there no girl could beat him.

Ya, those stupid girls.

I bet the Vegas spread would literally be 100.

Guys are just better genetically. They would be be WAY bigger, WAY stronger, WAY faster, WAY longer, and girls would be shooting from the NBA 3 with an NBA sized ball. Their jump shots that start from their waste and come from the side of their shoulder would get swatted every single time.

I hope none of you guys thinking these girls could score on these guys are the same people saying Jimmer wont be able to get a shot off in the NBA.

Dash
06-26-2011, 04:27 AM
Some people are so dumb

alencp3
06-26-2011, 07:35 AM

Andy Rautins
Orien Green
Garret Temple
Joey Dorsey
Hassan Whiteside

no one would be able to score on whiteside he would end up with over 50 blocks

24/7
06-26-2011, 08:47 AM
How come Cheryl Miller always beat Reggie Miller growing up?

ManRam
06-26-2011, 09:49 AM

You've got to be kidding...if not, you have some serious comprehension problems.

I think the 5 worst NBA players would win, but stuff like this is hilarious.

There are some really good players in the WNBA. You and your friends aren't beating Maya Moore, Candace Parker, Lauren Jackson, Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird (just naming the few players I've heard of)

Max Power
06-26-2011, 10:12 AM
If they played with the NBA ball, NBA three pointer, and 48 minute games:
The men sweep, by an average of 60-70 pts per game.

If they played with the WNBA ball, however short the 3-pt line is in that league, and whatever length the games are:
The men sweep, by an average of 60-70 pts per game.

tredigs
06-26-2011, 10:24 AM
How come Cheryl Miller always beat Reggie Miller growing up?

Because she was literally the best female player in the country (arguably the best chica to ever play) and two years older than the skinny lil' guy.

And what happened when they started REALLY growing up? Cheryl refused to play him anymore - it wasn't a fair match and she hated losing.

And to answer this question, give me a ****ing break fellas. A guy like Scalbrine would put up 35 and 10 in the WNBA. How is this a debate? The skill level of even the worst NBA player is still VERY, VERY high (think of the BEST player you've ever played against - now realize that the worst NBA player at his position would absolutely SHIZA on him in a game -Every. Time.).

Would the five best WNBA players go to your random park and dominate the games against the best dudes around? Definitely. But not NBA level size/talent.

Rivera
06-26-2011, 11:20 AM
i got the wnba

diana turasi would run circles around the nba scrubs

jimm120
06-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Well ok.

My list of players were just random names. Not necessarily the worst (and my list is better than the one that had SHeldon and Foye in it..those are good players!).

But I don't know. Growing up, I had a female friend that played with us. Even in her teens. But she had big boobs, so she didn't run much (too much baggage to pull lol). But she could shoot damn well. If we played her 1 on 1, she would lose. But this is just in the backyard and whatnot.

I'm guessing that with teamwork, the WNBA players could be good at the perimeter game and maybe slashing into the paint every once in a while. But mostly the perimeter game. As for the INside game, yes, that will go to the NBA players no matter what. So, how can the WNBA players win?

-Worst NBA players can't shoot (since they suck...Jared Jeffries like on Offense).
-Top WNBA players can shoot.
-Inside Defense goes to the NBA players because they ARE taller and stronger
-Game in the Paint goes to the NBA players
-Perimeter Defense, I say goes to the WNBA players. They are speedy.
-NBA players would have horrible dribble.

So, I see two big strong points (PROS) for the WNBA:
1 - Outside shooting is a BIG plus against the worst nba players
2 - Better ball handling

CONS
1 - WAY shorter
2 - Less Athletic
3 - Less stronger

PROS for the Mens
1 - Stronger
2 - Taller

CONS for the Mens
1 - Awful shooters who'd have to get their points in the paint
2 - Bad ball control
3 - No coordination (bad players, remember) with other players (teamwork)

So in the end, its :

Great shooting, better ball control, and better teamwork

VS

Inside defense & Posting up

Which would win of those two?

BTW, they'd obviously be playing by the WNBA rules/ball.

24/7
06-26-2011, 11:44 AM
I don't think its a guaranteed blowout. I've seen woman play 5-on-5 in men's game that could keep up. Put Kwame Brown in the game, and 4 other players akin to his horrible-ness and I think the WNBA has a shot.

mamba24
06-26-2011, 11:59 AM

Shooting doesnt matter... what woman could guard a 7ft, 250 lb center? what woman could guard a 6'9" scalebrine backing her down in the post lol?

mamba24
06-26-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't think its a guaranteed blowout. I've seen woman play 5-on-5 in men's game that could keep up. Put Kwame Brown in the game, and 4 other players akin to his horrible-ness and I think the WNBA has a shot.

kwame blows... but what woman could stop a 7 ft center on the block who out weighs her by a solid 100 lbs??????????

tredigs
06-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Well ok.

My list of players were just random names. Not necessarily the worst (and my list is better than the one that had SHeldon and Foye in it..those are good players!).

But I don't know. Growing up, I had a female friend that played with us. Even in her teens. But she had big boobs, so she didn't run much (too much baggage to pull lol). But she could shoot damn well. If we played her 1 on 1, she would lose. But this is just in the backyard and whatnot.

I'm guessing that with teamwork, the WNBA players could be good at the perimeter game and maybe slashing into the paint every once in a while. But mostly the perimeter game. As for the INside game, yes, that will go to the NBA players no matter what. So, how can the WNBA players win?

-Worst NBA players can't shoot (since they suck...Jared Jeffries like on Offense).

2 - Better ball handling

CONS
1 - WAY shorter
2 - Less Athletic
3 - Less stronger

PROS for the Mens
1 - Stronger
2 - Taller

CONS for the Mens
2 - Bad ball control

So in the end, its :

VS

Saying things like "NBA Players would have horrible dribble" is just such an ignorant comment dude. THESE ARE NBA PLAYERS. Who is the worst point guard in the game? Duhon? Even he has elite 3pt capability (at a distance much farther than WNBA players play with), and has size/strength and playmaking ability that a WNBA point guard simply couldn't touch. Talking about a guy who in college at Duke was an elite defender/playmaker and flat out one of the greatest point guards in their history. And he's still just 28.

We're going to pit this guy against the WNBA's best point guard? Which would be who... Becky Hammond? This 5'6" skinny white girl is expected to guard Duhon? Some of you are seriously underestimating how talented the worst NBA players are (relative to their current competition, they suck... but that all changes when you switch up the playing field).

C'mon now. This isn't male chauvinism, these are facts. Back to reality we go. I truly think they could play 4 on 5 and sweep.

24/7
06-26-2011, 12:03 PM
kwame blows... but what woman could stop a 7 ft center on the block who out weighs her by a solid 100 lbs??????????

Lise Leslie would kick the crap out of Kwame Brown... I know 5 women who have more of a backbone then him.

stejay
06-26-2011, 12:05 PM
NBA. Bigger and stronger. May not be more talented, but would be too strong.

mamba24
06-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Because she was literally the best female player in the country (arguably the best chica to ever play) and two years older than the skinny lil' guy.

And what happened when they started REALLY growing up? Cheryl refused to play him anymore - it wasn't a fair match and she hated losing.

And to answer this question, give me a ****ing break fellas. A guy like Scalbrine would put up 35 and 10 in the WNBA. How is this a debate? The skill level of even the worst NBA player is still VERY, VERY high (think of the BEST player you've ever played against - now realize that the worst NBA player at his position would absolutely SHIZA on him in a game -Every. Time.).

Would the five best WNBA players go to your random park and dominate the games against the best dudes around? Definitely. But not NBA level size/talent.

Amen... when i was in high school i had a shooting coach who was on the lakers championship team... Mike Penberthy... dude could not get off the bench... wore street clothes during the playoffs... nba-wise this guy was terrible. shooting and playing with him was totally different. He was the best shooter i have ever seen in person... penberthy dropped 77 against my team in a city league just a couple months ago... everyone is under estimating how good the "worst players in the nba" are... you all gotta realize they are freaks of nature...

tredigs
06-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Lise Leslie would kick the crap out of Kwame Brown... I know 5 women who have more of a backbone then him.

Haha riiight. A 6'5" 170b chick is going to handle business in the post against a 7 foot dude with 100lbs on her. Kwame would probably average 20-25 rebounds a game in the WNBA and be considered the most demonstrative force in their games history.

24/7
06-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Griner could beat up earl boykins. /thread.

Slimsim
06-26-2011, 12:13 PM
now that the WNBA have Moore they may be able to give the worst NBA starting 5 a run for their money

shep33
06-26-2011, 12:14 PM
take the 3 worst NBA players, and they'd still win over the 5 best WNBA players.

Think about it, the WNBA players will not get a single rebound, meaning the NBA players will score on every possession down the court.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2011, 12:16 PM
the 5 worst NBA players would sweep the top 5 WNBA players, and it would be by a complete landslide. The men would probably score more in the 1st quarter than the women scored in the entire game each time.

Basketball is one of the sports that has the biggest disparity amongst men and women as far as who is better. Men are so much bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic, that women have no chance.

When I was in high school, my junior year, our women's team got a new assistant coach. The woman happened to be, at the time, an Illinois Illini grad who had just become the all time assist leader for that school. She would have been considered WNBA talent if they had the league back then, she was an all Big Ten selection. I beat her 21-11 in a game of one on one, and I am FAR from being an NBA talent.

Men are just very superior in this sport. Hell, I think it was the Tennesse womens team that uses men to play against. But you can only have played high school basketball. And the men won many of their scrimmages.

If you picked 5 random starters from the top 25 teams in D1, they would beat the top 5 WNBA players for sure. NBA players? Cmon.

Phat Pat 94
06-26-2011, 12:24 PM

its 2011 people GROW UP.. i know for sure i killed a lot of guys who didnt think i can play basketball. and im not even close to what these women bring to the table

youre a girl.

tredigs
06-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Amen... when i was in high school i had a shooting coach who was on the lakers championship team... Mike Penberthy... dude could not get off the bench... wore street clothes during the playoffs... nba-wise this guy was terrible. shooting and playing with him was totally different. He was the best shooter i have ever seen in person... penberthy dropped 77 against my team in a city league just a couple months ago... everyone is under estimating how good the "worst players in the nba" are... you all gotta realize they are freaks of nature...

Exactly dude. Just think of all the large-market European pros who dream of one day making an NBA roster - these are guys that would decimate the best of the WNBA.

It's a silly debate that comes up every so often. Would make for an awesome (if not slightly uncomfortable) showcase at an All-Star game though...

northsider
06-26-2011, 12:31 PM
It is common knowledge you can't hit women (unless you are a pathetic pile) but, is dunking on them also shamed upon?

tredigs
06-26-2011, 12:33 PM
5 best WNBA players versus 5 best street ballers from Philly, NYC, Chicago... Beaverton Oregon. The girls aren't coming out on top.

It is common knowledge you can't hit women (unless you are a pathetic pile) but, is dunking on them also shamed upon?

Facials are only encouraged in porn my friend. That may be overkill.

northsider
06-26-2011, 12:36 PM
5 best WNBA players versus 5 best street ballers from Philly, NYC, Chicago... Beaverton Oregon. The girls aren't coming out on top.

Facials are only encouraged in porn my friend. That may be overkill.

I just feel like it would be one of those crowd goes silent moments and isn't sure how to react as she cries cause you dunked on her. You dunk and scream like an animal (boozer esque) and then realize no one is clapping just kind of watching in horror.

tredigs
06-26-2011, 12:38 PM

Or just tower over them like Scottie on Ewing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhd0ZFrb7y0

Yeah, that could get awkward.

northsider
06-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Or just tower over them like Scottie on Ewing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhd0ZFrb7y0

Yeah, that could get awkward.

So safe to say it is going to make a not so top 10 list.

Heediot
06-26-2011, 01:03 PM
They be hard pressed to beat a mens college bball team like Arkansas State of the NCAA

Heediot
06-26-2011, 01:08 PM

Andy Rautins
Orien Green
Garret Temple
Joey Dorsey
Hassan Whiteside

Wow Whiteside would be wilt chamberlain in comparison he has atleast half a feet of advantage on the women centre. Final score would be 170-36. Joey Dorsey would have 30 rebounds.

Heediot
06-26-2011, 01:12 PM

maybe back in high school in her mid teens. but in the twenties and thirties she cannot do it.

Niro
06-26-2011, 01:18 PM
i can give you some example on men vs women in soccer

my soccer team which is only in the 7th or 8th highest soccer league in germany beat the best germany soccer team (turbine potsdam) 4:0
the problem is not the skillset its the body/strength/overall athleticism

another example: the u15 team (everybody has to be 15 or younger) from a team which plays in the second highest league played 1:1 against the women german national team

haggis
06-26-2011, 01:23 PM

Yep. Without a doubt.

In 8th grade i went to the John Paxson shooting camp and during the last day, Pax came down to talk to all the campers. While he was speaking, he was shooting threes and made 43 in a row all while talking to us. He wasn't even concentrating on the shots. Granted Paxson was a solid NBA talent, but that's just an example of the type of skill they possess.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2011, 01:24 PM
i can give you some example on men vs women in soccer

my soccer team which is only in the 7th or 8th highest soccer league in germany beat the best germany soccer team (turbine potsdam) 4:0
the problem is not the skillset its the body/strength/overall athleticism

another example: the u15 team (everybody has to be 15 or younger) from a team which plays in the second highest league played 1:1 against the women german national team

that's just it. Nobody is saying girls may not have the same skill level of a man in basketball. But when a sport also depends heavily on size, strength, and speed, women simply don't stand a chance against even the worst NBA player, who is still better than 98% of the worlds population in basketball.

Anyone here, pick the worst basketball player in the NBA. I guarantee he will completely own you in a game.

KingPosey
06-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey everyone,

Signed,

you go girl!

But seriously, this is the jaded feminist garbage im talking about, He knows how wrong he is and refuses to admit it.

And dont brag about yoour accolades if you refuse to give up any information to back it up.

It would be a close 7 game series? RIIIIIGGGHHHTT.

KingPosey
06-26-2011, 01:35 PM

In pick up games where no one passes, plays defense, and 5 points in half the team is too winded to run down the court. No one is denying girls can make open jumpshots.

Hiphopopotamus
06-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Example: I grew up in Illinois. There was a girl at our school that set the state scoring record and went on to play for Old Dominion when Old Diminion was a D1 powerhouse. My buddy was a jv bench player and he slaughtered her always. She had a remarkable skill set, much better then him, but he could muscle her and she couldn't do anything about it.

KingPosey
06-26-2011, 01:40 PM

And youre also not even close to getting anyone to believe you. When girls make comments like this, it reminds me of my fat friend Mike, that thinks he is an athlete. What he recalls happening in past games, is completely different from what anyone else playing saw.

Im sure you went out and DESTROYED guys on the court lol.

KingPosey
06-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Example: I grew up in Illinois. There was a girl at our school that set the state scoring record and went on to play for Old Dominion when Old Diminion was a D1 powerhouse. My buddy was a jv bench player and he slaughtered her always. She had a remarkable skill set, much better then him, but he could muscle her and she couldn't do anything about it.

I also had a girl get a scholarship to Cal from my school. I never played with her but we would have pick up games at lunch and she played a couple times, and wasnt any good. She dominated girls basketball, but she coul.dnt play with guys.

No one is denying girls can make open jumpshots, in pick up games, where no one plays defense. Im sure you girls thinking guys were doing everything they could to "D you up", but you still made that one 3 pointer that banked off the backboard, didnt realize no one was trying to defend you.

I know when we are running and we have to let a girl play, we stick the worst player of our 5 on her EVERY time.

pedsdmd
06-26-2011, 02:03 PM
did I see some people write that the WNBA players would win?

5 D-Leaguers would wipe the floor with WNBA All-Stars

Are you guys Crazy?

C-Patrick O'Bryant
Pf-Magnum Rolle
Sf-JR Giddens
Sg-Javaris Crittendon
Pg-Matt Jannings

That D-League Team would wipe the floor with a WNBA team

Wipe the floor

Sixerlover
06-26-2011, 02:08 PM
What ball would even be used in this game? The mens or womens?

Jewelz0376
06-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Wow this is still going on

Like I said earlier no way wnba players would win against the worst nba players...but the wnba players could be a low level d1 team... and by low level I mean the worst d1 schools

giants73756
06-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Think about all the college stars who didn't make it to the NBA. The worst players in the NBA are better than those guys. The worst NBA players would rape the WNBA all stars.

This reminds me of a poll last year on ESPN about who would win between a game of Uconn men and women. The men would destroy the women.

Jewelz0376
06-26-2011, 03:28 PM
that's just it. Nobody is saying girls may not have the same skill level of a man in basketball. But when a sport also depends heavily on size, strength, and speed, women simply don't stand a chance against even the worst NBA player, who is still better than 98% of the worlds population in basketball.

Anyone here, pick the worst basketball player in the NBA. I guarantee he will completely own you in a game.

No way I'd let Puke Walton own me :laugh:

PZeef
06-26-2011, 04:09 PM
you go girl!

But seriously, this is the jaded feminist garbage im talking about, He knows how wrong he is and refuses to admit it.

And dont brag about yoour accolades if you refuse to give up any information to back it up.

It would be a close 7 game series? RIIIIIGGGHHHTT.

Jaded feminist garbage?

1. That makes no sense, maybe you used the word jaded incorrectly?

2. He knows more about womens basketball than you do, he may be a bit biased, but he does seem to have more knowledge of the subject over you and other "boys rule, girls drool" juveniles.

Badluck33
06-26-2011, 04:41 PM
I dont think I stand alone when I say "who ever watches the WNBA is a f*ckin* P*ssy"

Heediot
06-26-2011, 04:54 PM
I dont think I stand alone when I say "who ever watches the WNBA is a f*ckin* P*ssy"

what about women's tennis?

Sir Buckets
06-26-2011, 04:56 PM
This thread is confusing. I was under the impression that "basketball is basketball"....

Sir Buckets
06-26-2011, 04:59 PM
I dont think I stand alone when I say "who ever watches the WNBA is a f*ckin* P*ssy"Okay listen it was late and there was nothing else on and I was having NBA withdrawal and some of them are kinda cute if you squint

justOmazing
06-26-2011, 05:13 PM
First things first... who's ball do we use? The tiny women's ball or the real one.?

Oefarmy2005
06-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Here are my two cents:

No I don't think that 5 worst college players can beat 5 best WNBA players, but I would probably be close. As far as the 5 worst NBA players, it wouldn't be even close. They are NBA players for a reason, some absolutely phenomenal college players never make it to the professional level, especially NBA. The money they get paid should tell you everything. NBA players i the D-league get paid about as much ans WNBA players.

justOmazing
06-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Well ok.

2 - Better ball handling

CONS
1 - WAY shorter
2 - Less Athletic
3 - Less stronger

PROS for the Mens
1 - Stronger
2 - Taller

CONS for the Mens
2 - Bad ball control

So in the end, its :

VS

Yah but keep in mind... you are rating bad ball skills versus men's nba defense. Also there is a shorter 3 point line in the wnba. And you don't need great ball skills to pass the ball over the top of some chicks who can't even hardly touch the damn rim.

justOmazing
06-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Yah, but the only reason guys don't intensely D-up girls in pick up games is because we know it would look like we are dry-h*mp*ng her and fondling her fun bags. While this can be a special treat depending on whether she is a cow or not, none of us wants to be viewed as a perv and especially, none of us wants to get a wood while playing a pick-up game.

haggis
06-26-2011, 05:36 PM
none of us wants to get a wood while playing a pick-up game.

:laugh:

truer words have never been spoken.

pedsdmd
06-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Ask yourself this Question. What do you think would happen if you put D-League team in the WNBA

They would wipe the floor with the league and go undefeated

Badluck33
06-26-2011, 06:29 PM
what about women's tennis?

at least in womens tennis you have beautiful women playing. You don't find too many 6'9 women with adams apples in womens tennis.

MVP1
06-26-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't know but If Kawme brown was on the team, who knows what can happen.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Closing this because its run its course. We all agree that the 5 worst NBA players would beat the 5 best WNBA players. No need to get extreme.