PDA

View Full Version : with the 4th overall pick devils draft Adam Larsson

nets4lyfe
06-24-2011, 08:04 PM
he was arguably the best prospect in the draft. What a steal

NYNick1221
06-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Great building block for the future. We most likely would have taken him had we had the number one pick, so there is no way to not like it. Once Merrill leaves Michigan, the two of them should be fun to watch.

Bricklayer
06-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Absolute steal, should play top 4 minutes right out of the gate.

NYNick1221
06-25-2011, 01:56 AM
Absolute steal, should play top 4 minutes right out of the gate.

His real impact will come on the PP and PK. He has a ton of offensive potential and his you figure he'll only get bigger and better. Never thought he'd fall to us...It's pretty difficult to get a steal at #4, especially on a guy who's been playing in a pro league against 30 year olds for 3 years. Florida will regret passing on him. They went for need instead of BPA and I'd bet Huberdeau doesn't even make an impact for 2-3 years. Can't remember the last time we had such a highly regarded prospect, if ever.

Bricklayer
06-25-2011, 09:03 PM
His real impact will come on the PP and PK. He has a ton of offensive potential and his you figure he'll only get bigger and better. Never thought he'd fall to us...It's pretty difficult to get a steal at #4, especially on a guy who's been playing in a pro league against 30 year olds for 3 years. Florida will regret passing on him. They went for need instead of BPA and I'd bet Huberdeau doesn't even make an impact for 2-3 years. Can't remember the last time we had such a highly regarded prospect, if ever.

Scott Niedermayer was the last "can't miss prospect" the Devils had in their system. He was taken with the 3rd pick in 91. The only other guy I can think of was Kirk Muller, but that was back in the 80's.

MelkyNYY
06-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Best player in the draft.