PDA

View Full Version : Whats the odds Lebron takes on Skip Bayless?

nickdymez
06-24-2011, 02:32 AM
Skip talks more trash about Lebron than anyone in the mainstream media. He constantly invites him to go on the show.. Anyone think Lebron does it? I actually think it would help his image. I think that's the kind of stuff he needs to do to win back some of the fans he lost last summer.. Thoughts?

Mochalman
06-24-2011, 02:33 AM
0%

Gambeezy
06-24-2011, 02:38 AM
Never. Skip can say whatever he wants and not draw much scrutiny. Every word LeBron utters is examined and often misconstrued. I disagree with you in the sense that it would be an image builder. LeBron has much more to lose than Skip by attending an interview with him.

Plus, Skip doesn't deserve that sort of exclusive time with LeBron. He's been LeBron's biggest, biased, blind hater all season.

3ballbomber
06-24-2011, 02:41 AM
He didn't have the balls vs Mavs when winning his 1st title was on the line what makes you think he has the nuts to verbal spar with one of his biggest critics for nothing!

John Walls Era
06-24-2011, 02:41 AM
Don't think Lebron would be a good debater. As funny as Skip is, he doesn't deserve the attention.

nickdymez
06-24-2011, 02:42 AM
I mean i think it would be cool.. Lebron just seems so robotic to me sometimes.. To see him actually act like a human would be refreshing.

nickdymez
06-24-2011, 02:43 AM
He didn't have the balls vs Mavs when winning his 1st title was on the line what makes you think he has the nuts to verbal spar with one of his biggest critics for nothing!

It was actually his second trip to the finals

Gary Reasons
06-24-2011, 02:43 AM
he'll probably get wade to go on for him..

Duncan = Donkey
06-24-2011, 02:50 AM
Big Dumb lebron taking on quick witted Skip, lol why would lebron set him self up for the embarassment?

NYtilIdie
06-24-2011, 02:51 AM
I mean i think it would be cool.. Lebron just seems so robotic to me sometimes.. To see him actually act like a human would be refreshing.

Didn't everybody bash him last year for dancing and having fun? Those two traits seem like human to me.

No, Skip will forever bash Lebron, so theres no reason for Lebron to waste his time trying to convience a hater. Him reaching for reasons to hate on Lebron after the ECF's this year was very lulz!

Fabolous said it best "nothing worst than a rich hater".

nickdymez
06-24-2011, 02:56 AM
Didn't everybody bash him last year for dancing and having fun? Those two traits seem like human to me.

No, Skip will forever bash Lebron, so theres no reason for Lebron to waste his time trying to convience a hater. Him reaching for reasons to hate on Lebron after the ECF's this year was very lulz!

Fabolous said it best "nothing worst than a rich hater".

Ochocinco did it and it was entertaining.. Im just thinking Lebron needs to humanize himself...

KingPosey
06-24-2011, 02:59 AM
Lebron would NEVER do i, for 2 reasons.

1) Lebron likes to act like anyone that questions him in anyway is beneath him.

2)It Is really stupid. Skip Bayless is a complete tool, and one of the worst, most pathetic sports commentators there is. He also has no credibility when it comes to talkin g sports and you can tell by looking at him he was nothing more than a score board operator or equipment manager in his sports career.

nickdymez
06-24-2011, 03:00 AM
Lebron would NEVER do i, for 2 reasons.

1) Lebron likes to act like anyone that questions him in anyway is beneath him.

2)It Is really stupid. Skip Bayless is a complete tool, and one of the worst, most pathetic sports commentators there is. He also has no credibility when it comes to talkin g sports and you can tell by looking at him he was nothing more than a score board operator or equipment manager in his sports career.

I dont agree that you have to have played sports to analyze it...

KingPosey
06-24-2011, 03:01 AM
It was actually his second trip to the finals

If Lebron won, that would have been his FIRST TITLE. When you have 0 of nothing, and then get one, it is your FIRST one.

nickdymez
06-24-2011, 03:02 AM
If Lebron won, that would have been his FIRST TITLE. When you have 0 of nothing, and then get one, it is your FIRST one.

my bad, I interpreted your post as his first chance...

naps
06-24-2011, 03:03 AM
LOL...people hear skip's name ONLY because of LeBron. Skip knows no one pays any attention to his nonsense unless he talks about LeBron.

nickdymez
06-24-2011, 03:06 AM
LOL...people hear skip's name ONLY because of LeBron. Skip knows no one pays any attention to his nonsense unless he talks about LeBron.

I dont believe that

KingPosey
06-24-2011, 03:06 AM
I dont agree that you have to have played sports to analyze it...

There are things you would never know or understand without playing a sport at a semi competitive level.

But yes, you can read on a players WAR and look at their Shooting %, and things of that nature.

TheRunKiller
06-24-2011, 03:25 AM
i actually hate skip bayless more than lebron

koLohe2133
06-24-2011, 03:34 AM
Question and I know this would NEVER happen but....

What if espn sold the ad time and donated it to the boys and girls club...would Lebron do it?

TopsyTurvy
06-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Question and I know this would NEVER happen but....

What if espn sold the ad time and donated it to the boys and girls club...would Lebron do it?

I think if the price is right, yes.

Lebron is not beyond selling humility for a good cause.

(I still don't think it will happen and the only sport Skip analyzes well is football)

setman2000
06-24-2011, 04:09 AM
Maybe he'll go on if Wade goes too so he can hold his hand.

Akagaminosteven
06-24-2011, 04:57 AM
Skip has said more than once that LeBron would like to debate him, but that his the agents and executives around him don't want him to. Not sure how true that is, but I buy it considering how much LeBron values his brand.

Spurred1
06-24-2011, 05:21 AM
I think it would be a major waste of LeBron's time. From what I've seen of Skip Bayless-he's not a debater or someone who can have a discussion with well, anyone. He's someone who believes that shouting at the other person is the way to conduct a conversation. (Now, I haven't seen him a whole lot, but he's been yelling or saying inane things every time I've seen him.)
Also, I'm not sure why Lebron needs to debate or justify himself to anyone. Yeah, he fell short in the Finals. The Decision special was a terrible idea. There were some media messes regarding the Big 3. His ego is pretty large.
But he hasn't murdered, raped, or robbed anyone. He hasn't committed any crimes or done anything to justify having to spend any length of time with Skip Bayless. If LeBron wanted to have a debate or sit down for an interview, I'm thinking there are much better candidates out there.

millerandco
06-24-2011, 05:38 AM
i dont think skip could handle the prince talking about himself in the 3rd person all the time

cubs0707
06-24-2011, 05:42 AM
I think it would be a major waste of LeBron's time. From what I've seen of Skip Bayless-he's not a debater or someone who can have a discussion with well, anyone. He's someone who believes that shouting at the other person is the way to conduct a conversation. (Now, I haven't seen him a whole lot, but he's been yelling or saying inane things every time I've seen him.)
Also, I'm not sure why Lebron needs to debate or justify himself to anyone. Yeah, he fell short in the Finals. The Decision special was a terrible idea. There were some media messes regarding the Big 3. His ego is pretty large.
But he hasn't murdered, raped, or robbed anyone. He hasn't committed any crimes or done anything to justify having to spend any length of time with Skip Bayless. If LeBron wanted to have a debate or sit down for an interview, I'm thinking there are much better candidates out there.

Dont take the sports world and try to compare it to the real world.
In the sports world what lebron did was very bad.

MalZee24
06-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Absolutely not because Lebron is smart. Bayless can say whatever he wants and nobody cares. Every little word Lebron says, people will criticize. If Lebron says the word "hello" he'll be criticized by someone, usually a laker fan because they still haven't accepted the fact that Lebron is better than bryant.

buch88
06-24-2011, 06:34 AM

x2

buch88
06-24-2011, 06:34 AM
Absolutely not because Lebron is smart. Bayless can say whatever he wants and nobody cares. Every little word Lebron says, people will criticize. If Lebron says the word "hello" he'll be criticized by someone, usually a laker fan because they still haven't accepted the fact that Lebron is better than bryant.

x2

buch88
06-24-2011, 06:35 AM
Lebrons smart enough to not put himself out there for all the criticism because skip bayless can do whatever he wants while lebron is under a close microscope.

hyb152
06-24-2011, 06:39 AM
Skip Bayless is a moron. But one thing I liked about him is when he came to the Kings aid after game 6 2002 vs the lakers. Stephen A Smith and Bayless talked about the NBA's credibility and referees and even Skip Bayless said the NBA lacked credibility and was a firm believer in the NBA being rigged in certain playoff games.

As for Lebron, he's going to take the Kobe route this summer. Kobe raped that woman and was called uncoachable by Phil Jackson. Kobe knew his image was hurting at that time so he laid low for a few years. Now look at him. Many people have put all that negativity - the rape and bad teammate image - behind him. Lebron will do the same to try to get his fan image back up. (even though he's never been in trouble with the law or been considered a bad teammate which brings us back to the point that most fans who like kobe and hate lebron are mentally ******** for liking a selfish teammate rapist over a clean law record unselfish willing passer.)

TO to the CHI
06-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Lebrons smart enough to not put himself out there for all the criticism because skip bayless can do whatever he wants while lebron is under a close microscope.

I don't think that smart means what you guys think it does.

ThunderZubb
06-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Remember he is rich and we all are poor on lebron eyes. You think Lebron cares about skip lol trust me lebron right now is either on his yacht partying or on his private jet flying to exotic destination to lay in the sun drinking tropical drinks. Lebron does not care because he is living the high life with so much money coming out of hi *** that he is rich and we are poor.

LA_Raiders
06-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Skip talks more trash about Lebron than anyone in the mainstream media. He constantly invites him to go on the show.. Anyone think Lebron does it? I actually think it would help his image. I think that's the kind of stuff he needs to do to win back some of the fans he lost last summer.. Thoughts?

Skip would tear him up...

LA_Raiders
06-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Remember he is rich and we all are poor on lebron eyes. You think Lebron cares about skip lol trust me lebron right either on his yacht partying or on his private flying to exotic destination to lay in the sun drinking tropical drinks. Lebron does not care because he is living the high life with so much money coming out of hi *** that he is rich and we are poor.

Agree. LeBrick doesnt care about **** but his loser self...

KnicksR4Real
06-24-2011, 09:58 AM
no. skip would bring a gun.

jonline87
06-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Things lebron has to do to win back fans:

1. Take on Skip Bayless
2. Enter the Slam Dunk Contest
3. Win a Championship for Cleveland

naps
06-24-2011, 10:11 AM
I dont believe that

You are the Skip Bayless PSD. So yea I am surprised that you don't believe this. Big deal :rolleyes:

naps
06-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Agree. LeBrick doesnt care about **** but his loser self...

Oh another Laker fan...SMH...How about oiling your own machine that got swept, huh?

dodie53
06-24-2011, 10:15 AM
very low

KingPosey
06-24-2011, 12:18 PM

1. Take on Skip Bayless

Even with how much people hate him, the 2nd he stepped up for a dunk people would go crazy. People would want him to win before they even figured out they were rooting for him

bagwell368
06-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Skip is an idiot, but, if he got a clean hard shot off at James's face, James would fold up like the punk he is, and sue for peace - complete with tears.

I hope it's a long before anyone claims King James Punk I is better at anything then Larry Bird, besides making excuses and claims he shouldn't make.

Did I mention LJ is a punk?

theheatles
06-24-2011, 12:51 PM
LeBron is skips meal ticket...there's a 0% chance LeBron goes on without a ring but after he wins a ring and finals mvp, i can see bron going on

nickdymez
06-24-2011, 12:54 PM
LeBron is skips meal ticket...there's a 0% chance LeBron goes on without a ring but after he wins a ring and finals mvp, i can see bron going on

lmao.. Why do people keep saying that? You know skip's been doing the same thing for like 20 years... He gives T.O just as much grief as Lebron...

Giraffes Rule
06-24-2011, 12:58 PM
About a million to one. Lebron does not handle criticism well, and I don't see any scenario where facing his harshest critic in person would turn out well.

theheatles
06-24-2011, 01:05 PM
lmao.. Why do people keep saying that? You know skip's been doing the same thing for like 20 years... He gives T.O just as much grief as Lebron...

He had his own show on a national stage for 20 years? no. He probably went from making $40-80k a yr when he was just a writer to now making close to a million a yr doing 1st and 10...he started the show on cold pizza 8 yrs ago when the lebron hype was massive as he was coming out of high school and skip latched on to him when the show started...yeah T.O was a guy he criticized heavily too but not like lebron, and T.O's star didn't grow like LeBrons because T.O was never close to being the face of the NFL when LeBron is the face of the NBA

StuckeyFan313
06-24-2011, 01:17 PM
He had his own show on a national stage for 20 years? no. He probably went from making $40-80k a yr when he was just a writer to now making close to a million a yr doing 1st and 10...he started the show on cold pizza 8 yrs ago when the lebron hype was massive as he was coming out of high school and skip latched on to him when the show started...yeah T.O was a guy he criticized heavily too but not like lebron, and T.O's star didn't grow like LeBrons because T.O was never close to being the face of the NFL when LeBron is the face of the NBA

LeBron is not the face of the NBA...

Hakuna
06-24-2011, 01:26 PM
It makes no sense for Lebron to give this guy the time of day. Bayless might have been a good sports writer once upon a time, but right now he just a sports shock jock who has no credibility, because his purpose is entertain by shocking the audience with what he says even though half of the stuff he says he doesn't believe himself. l'm all for Lebron giving all out interview with a respectable sports reporter Bryant Gumble, but Skip Bayless, that like doing Jerry Springer when you could have done 60 minutes. Yes Jerry Springer = Skip Bayless!

RaiderLakersA's
06-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Skip who?

tbone2171
06-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Who's Skip Bayless?

blastmasta26
06-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Then who is? Because I'm pretty sure LeBron faces more attention than anyone else in the league.

theheatles
06-24-2011, 02:40 PM

:facepalm:

Raoul Duke
06-24-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't think Lebron would be interested in having a televised exchange with someone unless he knows what questions he is going to be asked before hand.

I don't mean this as a knock on Lebron, but rather a statement of fact regarding the history in which he has been handled by "his people" (if you can stomach calling them that).

Lakers ALL DAY
06-24-2011, 05:48 PM

He's the face, just not the CHAMPION:eyebrow:

SACNYY
06-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Lebron would only go if Wade is with him.

metsbulls1025
06-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Every time LBJ opens his mouth he makes matters worse for himself. I am pretty sure he would unintentionally help Bayless win the debate.

ChicagoFan4Eva
06-24-2011, 07:46 PM

1. Take on Skip Bayless

this.. and only this..

sventhedog
06-24-2011, 07:51 PM
lebron wouldn't want to get another choking moment.

THE_FLASH_21
06-24-2011, 08:17 PM
i dont agree that you have to have played sports to analyze it...

bingo!!!!!!

THE_FLASH_21
06-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Skip is a *******... But man would he spank LeBron... I think LeBron would probably kick his *** after or during the show.. LOL..

Ponch
06-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Plus, Skip doesn't deserve that sort of exclusive time with LeBron. He's been LeBron's biggest, biased, blind hater all season.

And so far Skip has been right on the money with everything.

Skippy15
06-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Not a chance. LeBron would be to scared.

Arch Stanton
06-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Haven't read through all the posts. But don't see it happening. I remember when Dwight was on 1st and 10 via phone and Skip insulted him. And Dwight really had no retort. Neither LeBron nor Dwight are "one with words." Not that Skip is either. But he has a journalism degree and adds to the WWE factor of the NBA. I used to hate Skip because he always trashed LeBron in Cleveland. But found comfort with his hate after "the Decision." Now I don't really care.

bosox_mattyice3
06-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Skip Bayless is an idiot. I can't stand him. I really don't know why anyone watched first down, I think its terrible. I know there are a lot of Colin Cowherd haters out there but I watch his radio show over First Take. Colin actually has good points some times and draws good comparisons. Way better than he is on SN. He looks like a complete idiot on there.

Cal827
06-25-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm going to say 50%, which will be elevated to 90% if he wins a title/series MVP.... b/c we know that Bayless would give credit to everyone else before him. May want to take that series MVP trophy away from Lebron ASAP, so they don't have to locate it after Lebron is done attacking Skip

llemon
06-25-2011, 12:43 AM
There are things you would never know or understand without playing a sport at a semi competitive level.

But yes, you can read on a players WAR and look at their Shooting %, and things of that nature.

Or you could play the game at it's highest competitive level, and not have a clue about the dynamics of the game, like Magic Johnson.

Yanks All Day
06-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Or you could play the game at it's highest competitive level, and not have a clue about the dynamics of the game, like Magic Johnson.

I think it depends on the individual. There are certainly things that only players can understand about the game, but then I would think that there are more things that stats guys understand that supercede pure instincts of players. I don't think there's any set standard for who knows best. For instance, Michael Jordan is hands down the greatest player ever, but his talent evaluation is questionable at best. You would think the GOAT would know what to look for in players. On the other hand, guys like Skip who have never played can be excellent evaluators of talent. It's all in the individual.

Skip has been correct on just about all things LeBron in the last 8 years, gotta give him credit for that, but I hope that all changes quickly. I hope we see a season where LeBron decides to be simply ruthless and fully embrace the villain role, not the tweener he was last season. Dominate the dunk contest (because it would be over before it starts), dance on the opponent's court while beating them, win the Finals MVP, then come back to rip Skip a new one. That's the Lebron I want to see, and I hope it happens this year. We need those guys you love to hate in sports. LeBron has the chance to do just that. It would be entertaining as hell.

nickdymez
06-26-2011, 11:15 AM

wow... So Skip has a real job because Lebron? ESPN hired skip just to talk about Lebron James?? 1st and 10 isnt a basketball show, its a sports show last i checked.. Skip talks **** about everybody

Kenny
06-26-2011, 11:37 AM
wow... So Skip has a real job because Lebron? ESPN hired skip just to talk about Lebron James?? 1st and 10 isnt a basketball show, its a sports show last i checked.. Skip talks **** about everybody

Skip talks about Lebron pretty much everyday. How long ago did the finals end and he still can't keep his name out of his mouth. He has built his whole show on hating on one guy.

b.mill
06-26-2011, 11:47 AM
0.0000000000000000000000000000000% chance

Jaji
06-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Skip Bayless is an idiot. What a joke that guy is.

BigBlueCrew
06-26-2011, 12:09 PM

You gotta love that arrogance.....

Then they (heat fans) wonder why everyone hates on Lebron all the time.

BigBlueCrew
06-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Skip talks about Lebron pretty much everyday. How long ago did the finals end and he still can't keep his name out of his mouth. He has built his whole show on hating on one guy.

There are no Lebron topics on 1st and 10 recently. There may have been just for the other day, but you and I both know that was for the NBA draft only. If he jokes about Lebron, calls him LeRobin or whatever, its a joke. I know on here some people treat him as the second coming of Jesus Christ and if you joke about Lebron its hating on Lebron, its a joke lighten up.

24/7
06-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Skip may rip too much on LeBron, but listening to Skip tear apart T.O. for years was always fun. "team obliterator" TO.

SwatTeam
06-26-2011, 12:51 PM
If Lebron took a dump in the forest on the chests of the corpses of NY, Chicago, and Cleveland fans, and throw in some LA fans, would it make a sound?

According to PSD it would. Skip would also tear him apart on first take for not dropping a long enough lincoln log to cover all those fans' chests equally, because we all know Michael Jordan would have.

Slimsim
06-26-2011, 01:16 PM
i say 50% chance if Lebron wins a ring or 2

CowboysKB24
06-26-2011, 02:41 PM

Skip talks the truth about LBJ. Skip values players that have the intangibles, can lead a team, and close out big time games. LBJ doesn't have the intangibles and has had a bad history winning and closing out big games. Skip gives LBJ credit as well. You must not watch the show and are just stereotyping.

LBJ is not going on Skip's show until he wins a ring or two. He has nothing to argue with except individual and regular season accolades.

CowboysKB24
06-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Skip Bayless is an idiot. I can't stand him. I really don't know why anyone watched first down, I think its terrible. I know there are a lot of Colin Cowherd haters out there but I watch his radio show over First Take. Colin actually has good points some times and draws good comparisons. Way better than he is on SN. He looks like a complete idiot on there.

Skip is the realest analysts there is. You just lack intelligence when it comes to sports.

CowboysKB24
06-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Skip Bayless is an idiot. What a joke that guy is.

The LBJ lovers all hate Skip it is hilarious.

JAZZNC
06-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Man, you guys just simply don't listen to Skip Bayless when he talks Lebron do you?:facepalm: Also, anybody that says Bayless doesn't know anything about sports doesn't know anything about sports. The guy has done nothing but speak the truth regarding Lebron James. He readily admits that he's one of the best couple of talents in the NBA but that when it comes down to crunch time he wilts under the pressure over and over and over again. Skip is simply stating the obvious, Lebron is a great player that hasn't produced in pressure situations and hasn't won a damn thing but yet he's already anointed himself the "King". And until he starts actually winning championships and not fading when the lights are brightest Skip is 100% right about Lebron. Somehow his honest analysis leads people to believe he's a hater:rolleyes:

To answer the question, no Lebron would never do that b/c he'd look like a *******.

Ill21
06-26-2011, 03:07 PM
No chance but why bother Skip Bayless is an *******