PDA

View Full Version : Josh Selby?

USMCLaker
06-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Who is this guy and why are so many PSD poster's talking about a late second rounder. Someone please educate me.

MrfadeawayJB
06-24-2011, 12:26 AM
combo guard out of Kansas. Ranked very highly out of hs, where he averaged 32 ppg. Came to Kansas with issues, got suspended....projected to be top 30 pick, fell to 49.

I am happy with it though!

USMCLaker
06-24-2011, 12:29 AM
combo guard out of Kansas. Ranked very highly out of hs, where he averaged 32 ppg. Came to Kansas with issues, got suspended....projected to be top 30 pick, fell to 49.

I am happy with it though!

It seems like a lot of other fans wanted him on their squad.

Gram
06-24-2011, 12:29 AM
Grizz will enjoy my man.

USMCLaker
06-24-2011, 12:32 AM
How's his game?

MrfadeawayJB
06-24-2011, 12:36 AM
I was shocked that teams didnt jump on him as well....I know he is known as a bit of a chucker, but with him being around veteran players, that will adjust. I have heard OJ Mayo comparisons to his game as well. He must have scared teams away with his poor freshman season, but as a 49th pick he will have low expectations, which may help him excel.

He is a great athlete too, 42 inch vert

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2011, 12:40 AM
Do you not follow College B-ball? He was a top guard prospect that went to Kansas (had an offer from Kentucky too).

USMCLaker
06-24-2011, 12:45 AM
I was shocked that teams didnt jump on him as well....I know he is known as a bit of a chucker, but with him being around veteran players, that will adjust. I have heard OJ Mayo comparisons to his game as well. He must have scared teams away with his poor freshman season, but as a 49th pick he will have low expectations, which may help him excel.

Yea at 49 if he contributes at all it would be a good pick.

USMCLaker
06-24-2011, 12:47 AM
Do you not follow College B-ball? He was a top guard prospect that went to Kansas (had an offer from Kentucky too).

No, watching the Lakers every other day is enough for me considering that I have other obligations. Sometimes I catch a UCLA game but that's about it.

BklynKnicks3
06-24-2011, 12:50 AM
steal of the draft with honeycut

Slimsim
06-24-2011, 01:02 AM
I heard some teams was afraid of his past injury

uptownfan
06-24-2011, 01:04 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-rivals150/2010

MrfadeawayJB
06-24-2011, 01:09 AM
highschool footage.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36td_ejDRJ8&feature=related

xxdc2tegxx
06-24-2011, 01:29 AM
he's got a lot to prove....huge talent but there's obviously a reason we went that late

Kashmir13579
06-24-2011, 01:32 AM
How's his game?

He's an athletic freak but hasn't proven anything thusfar and his numbers are ugly as hell. didn't play a lot, though. Carmelo wanted the Knicks to take him with the 17th pick. thank god Carmelo isn't the GM.

Kashmir13579
06-24-2011, 01:33 AM
Grizz will enjoy my man.

Griz need to trade him or another one of their guards. they have too many.

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2011, 01:38 AM
OJ Mayo seems to be out of Memphis (if he wasn't already).

LakersMaster24
06-24-2011, 02:11 AM

This. I cant believe he fell so late.

pd1dish
06-24-2011, 02:22 AM
yeah he will be a solid role player for years to come. i went to Kentucky the past two years and was really hoping he was going to be a Wildcat. he has a lot of talent on the offensive end. i would take him on the Bulls any day if it means getting him anywhere in the second round.

VillaMaravilla
06-24-2011, 02:25 AM
yeah thanks God could you imajine we would of missed out on Shumpert and Harrellson :facepalm:

gaughan333
06-24-2011, 02:25 AM

I wanted the bulls to draft/buy both these players the entire time. I will bet these two end up being contributors.

gaughan333
06-24-2011, 02:27 AM
yeah thanks God could you imajine we would of missed out on Shumpert and Harrellson :facepalm:

Shumpert is either the steal or bust of the draft. If he is middle ground that counts as a bust. Drafted way too high in my opinioin

gaughan333
06-24-2011, 02:28 AM
I woulda taken him.

BaddNewz
06-24-2011, 02:30 AM
He is a offensive spark plug...i wish he would have stayed at KU one more year though (I'm a fan)...would have probably matured into a lottery pick easily...great steal for the grizz...

beasted86
06-24-2011, 02:32 AM
Elite first step and hops, not much else.

No NBA ready PG skills at all, inconsistent jumper, stuck between 1 & 2, maturity questions, unproven.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-24-2011, 02:41 AM
He is a offensive spark plug...i wish he would have stayed at KU one more year though (I'm a fan)...would have probably matured into a lottery pick easily...great steal for the grizz...

Someone in the raps forum said he came out early cause he needed the money for his mom, probably due to an ill-ness sad story because everyone knew he should've stayed and were kinda caught of guard by him entering. But ya best wishes to him

lilojmayo
06-24-2011, 03:44 PM
OJ Mayo seems to be out of Memphis (if he wasn't already).

Josh Selby won't not even close be the difference between if OJ stays or gets traded in Memphis.

Last night there was serious talks of Mayo getting traded ( Bulls I knew for sure were one of these teams). But the Grizzlies decided to stay put for now.

metsfanssince05
06-24-2011, 03:47 PM
I wanted Selby! ):

lilojmayo
06-24-2011, 03:47 PM

Please he has been compared to Eric Gordon, OJ Mayo, Derrick Rose, and Monta Ellis. in the past before his stock dropped like a mile

Players with that type of talent of a comparison arent getting picked 49th. Let's save the OJ Mayo comparisons for worthy lottery talent like Austin Rivers coming up next season.

With that being said Selby is much smaller and weaker than OJ. He is also quicker and more explosive. His jumper was broke in college, but he has a jumper. Selby is more in the lines of a Jerryd Bayless coming out of Arizona in terms of ceiling. I heard a Bobby Jackson comparison that is much more suitable for his skill level right now.

The Embassy
06-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Monta Ellis.

Players with that type of talent of a comparison arent getting picked 49th.

you know Monta was drafted 40th right?

AddiX
06-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Selby talks like one of the project kids from the wire.

That and his problem with his problem with his teammates is enough reason for me to not bring him anywhere near my franchise.

You guys love these high risk players, but you wouldn't go near them if your job was on the line.

Darrell Russell
06-24-2011, 04:01 PM

That and his problem with his problem with his teammates is enough reason for me to not bring him anywhere near my franchise.

You guys love these high risk players, but you wouldn't go near them if your job was on the line.

What's with black dudes who like masculine woman? That ish is nasty, dating some chic that looks like a fking inmate.

It's like all them black dudes that love coco, look at her fking jaw line! Chic look like a fking dude.

Okay just admit you're a racist, this is the second post i've seen from you trying to be sly about it.

lilojmayo
06-24-2011, 04:17 PM
you know Monta was drafted 40th right?

Monta came out of high school weighing like 160 lbs. If Monta went to school for one year he would have been a lottery picking coming out. But disregarding that Monta is a proven 25 ppg scorer in the NBA. Anyone that is receiving comparisons to him should have a similar type of ceiling not just being undersize fast and athletic

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-24-2011, 04:21 PM

Ur right.. We should've drafted the Reggie Evans clone who stands 6'8 who also plays power frwd. Amare isn't going anywhere so that makes sense:facepalm:

mzgrizz
06-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Sounds like we did great for only one second round pick.

jeter4president
06-24-2011, 04:42 PM
the combination of the lack of talent in this draft with his raw ability...he could be one of the 3 best players in the draft.

or could be outta the league in 4 years. thats why he went 49th and not in the lottery.

LTBaByyy
06-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Lance Stephenson Part 2

Hope he works out!!!

AnalyzeNShoot
06-24-2011, 05:09 PM
he is your Lance Stephenson from Last yr draft. but if a pans out good for Grizz

KnicksR4Real
06-24-2011, 05:13 PM
The Knicks considered drafting this guy at 17.

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2011, 05:31 PM
nobody cares about $elby.

just another one in the long line of Self's KU players who wont amount to **** in the nba.

magicman333
06-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Hansbrough should of been late first early second. Big East Player of the year. 1st Team All American. 19.0 ppg 4 apg 3 rbg . And one thing that got me mad yesterday was all the foreigners who jay bilas and van gundy never even heard of get picked before guys like hansbrough, lighty, and howard. Chukwudiebere Madaubum....Tanguy Ngombo....Ater Majok .... who the heck are these people. They have almost a zero percent chance of even making a training camp. i dont get that. somebody explain

Tuck&Rolle
06-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Memphis got the steal of the draft, this kid is so fraking talented.

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Memphis got the steal of the draft, this kid is so fraking talented.

yeah you are right, he is too dumb to play PG, and to small to play SG. that is a steal, he shouldnt have even been drafted.

but yes, this is the guy, that went to play for self and ku, who is going to break the mold. the mold of going to ku, flunking out, and then getting drafted, only to stink up the league.

AddiX
06-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Okay just admit you're a racist, this is the second post i've seen from you trying to be sly about it.

I'm no racist, Im from ny, we talk crap about race openly here and accept the stupid differences between them and take them with a grain of salt. Quick your complaining.

Saying Shelby talks like a project kid from the wire isnt racist, and saying a lot of black dudes like masculine woman isn't racist anyway.

The April Fool
06-24-2011, 06:42 PM

Stop spreading false information.

Selby didnt have any problem with his teammates at Kansas. He considers the Morris Twins, Thomas Robinson, Royce Woolridge, & Brady Morningstar his 2nd family.

Had he came back he would've been the team leader and elevated himself into the 1st Round next year.

The April Fool
06-24-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm no racist, Im from ny, we talk crap about race openly here and accept the stupid differences between them and take them with a grain of salt. Quick your complaining.

Saying Shelby talks like a project kid from the wire isnt racist, and saying a lot of black dudes like masculine woman isn't racist anyway.
Maybe its because hes from East Baltimore, the same place where they filmed The Wire.

& what exactly is a masculine woman? You mean a butch lesbian with a fade pretending to be a man?

USMCLaker
06-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Hansbrough should of been late first early second. Big East Player of the year. 1st Team All American. 19.0 ppg 4 apg 3 rbg . And one thing that got me mad yesterday was all the foreigners who jay bilas and van gundy never even heard of get picked before guys like hansbrough, lighty, and howard. Chukwudiebere Madaubum....Tanguy Ngombo....Ater Majok .... who the heck are these people. They have almost a zero percent chance of even making a training camp. i dont get that. somebody explain

Man I can't explain it because I don't get that either.

Darrell Russell
06-24-2011, 08:20 PM

You generalize black men by saying they like masculine women, then basically saying all black women are masculine. You clearly have a racist agenda with the things you said.

jneises21
06-24-2011, 08:25 PM
If he could of came out after high school he's probably a lottery pick...he looked like the real deal when he first started, and then he slowed down. KU has never been a team for an individual to have ridiculous stats though

AddiX
06-24-2011, 08:35 PM
If he could of came out after high school he's probably a lottery pick...he looked like the real deal when he first started, and then he slowed down. KU has never been a team for an individual to have ridiculous stats though

Selby averaged 4 pts a game his last 13 games there. That's the programs fault?

jneises21
06-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Selby averaged 4 pts a game his last 13 games there. That's the programs fault?

Never said it was... but he was also averaging around 15 minutes a game in that span. Can't remember why he missed some games in the middle of the season whether it was suspension of injury, but he was never the same after it.

theheatles
06-24-2011, 09:09 PM
he fell because he skipped his MRI

USMCLaker
06-25-2011, 11:49 AM
he fell because he skipped his MRI

What did he need an MRI for?

hgtiger32
06-25-2011, 07:10 PM
don't the grizzlies now have OJ Mayo, Xavier Henry, Josh Selby, and Tony Allen all as 2 guards?

Darrell Russell
06-25-2011, 08:55 PM
don't the grizzlies now have OJ Mayo, Xavier Henry, Josh Selby, and Tony Allen all as 2 guards?

Mayo will be gone

3mikee_
06-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Was he not projected to be a Lottery pick before his atrocious college season? I see Marcus Thornton written all over this dude, he is going to be come a natural scorer in this league. Low risk potentially high reward player, excellent pick.

Curious why he fell all the way to 49 though.. did he have bad workouts on top of the terrible season?